PDA

View Full Version : US Beats South Korea 77-0

neko4
07-11-2007, 10:42 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news;_ylt=Aml9V55XWmYZYqTxJWR1M09DubYF?slug=ap-worldcup&prov=ap&type=lgns

If anyone cares, America beat South Korea in the WOrld Cup. And Ola Kimirin kicked a FG to put Sweden over France.
In an earlier game, Ola Kimrin's field goal late in the third quarter lifted Sweden to a 16-14 win over France

jballa838
07-11-2007, 10:44 AM
YES, Americans kicking *** in our own sport.

wiscbadgerfootball
07-11-2007, 10:48 AM
hahahahha...

cardsalltheway
07-11-2007, 10:50 AM
I didn't even know there was an American football World Cup

Scar
07-11-2007, 10:51 AM
ha! let's just hope the we don't end up with the silver and feel the need to send a Dream Team next time.

S4L
07-11-2007, 10:52 AM
If an assortment of college players is beating other countries by 77 points, how badly would the Colts demolish the entire world?

scottyboy
07-11-2007, 10:55 AM
If an assortment of college players is beating other countries by 77 points, how badly would the Colts demolish the entire world?

how bad would a pro bowl team demolish? if we sent a pro bowl squad, it'd be 77-0 at the half

jballa838
07-11-2007, 10:58 AM
ha! let's just hope the we don't end up with the silver and feel the need to send a Dream Team next time.
i'm sure they are thinking that too.

princefielder28
07-11-2007, 10:59 AM
I'm shocked!!!!

soybean
07-11-2007, 11:42 AM
don't worry, once OUR sport catches on around the world we'll start losing. take basketball for example.

islandboy843
07-11-2007, 11:42 AM
There is a football Worl Cup?

Wow

Who is on our team?

Some college players?

Shane P. Hallam
07-11-2007, 11:45 AM
I think it is more like failed NFL players :P

Vikes99ej
07-11-2007, 12:53 PM
I'd hate to see what a South Korean football team looks like.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
07-11-2007, 01:05 PM
Here is the US roster:

Team USA Roster for the 2007 IFAF World Cup
Wide Receiver: Greg Aker, Minnesota-Duluth; Bobby Awrey, Saginaw Valley State; Jon Drenckhahn, Williams; Austin Flynn, Iowa State; Steve Odom, Toledo

Tight End: D’Monn Baker, California (Pa.); Brian Thompson, Michigan

Offensive Line: Alex Atkins, Tennessee-Martin; Marcel Burrough, San Jose State; Rick Drushal, Wooster; Darrin Johnson, SMU; Kris King, Gardner-Webb; David Livengood, Indiana (Pa.); Chris Lundin, Adams State; Matt Padron, Texas State; Brad Poston, Coastal Carolina

Runningback: Doug Blakowski, Hobart; Cody Childs, Wisconsin-Stevens Point; Taylor Craig, Yale; Kyle Kasperbauer, Nebraska-Omaha; Wendell Johnson, Fairmont State; Dusan Mandic, Eastern Kentucky

Quarterback: Adam Austin, Arizona; Jeff Ballard, TCU; Rocky Pentello, Capital; Brian Lapolla, Ohio State

Defensive Line: Michael Cobbins, Missouri Western; Dustin Dlouhy, Montana; Ryan Kleppe, Wisconsin-Whitewater; Matt Ludeman, Western Michigan; Shawn Moorehead, Iowa State; Chris Thorner, Syracuse; Jeremy Van Alstyne, Michigan

Linebacker: Dan Adams, Holy Cross; Demetrius Eaton, Northwestern; Adam Paulson, Sioux Falls; Ryan Tully, Harvard; Brig Walker, Princeton

Secondary: Manauris Arias, Maine; Diezeas Calbert, Northwest Missouri State; Kenny Chicoine, Cal Poly; Jason Hoffschneider, North Dakota; Josh Kubiak, Mary Hardin-Baylor; Rob Rodriguez, Christopher Newport; Steve Teeples, Wisconsin-La Crosse; Cary Wade, Virginia Tech

Kicker: Craig Coffin, Southern Illinois

Vikes99ej
07-11-2007, 01:11 PM
I actually recognize several of those names.

'cuse-213
07-11-2007, 01:15 PM
wow Ive heard of like 3 of those players. How sick would it be if football did catch on in other countries though? We could have actual world cups and we'd dominate every time. No other country can produce as many Football athletes as US. Notice how I said football, just football.

SuperMcGee
07-11-2007, 01:15 PM
Jeff Ballard. That's just awesome.

HoopsDemon12
07-11-2007, 01:17 PM
I actually recognize several of those names.

me to... these guys are guys who just didnt have "NFL" talent... but they are talented players... most were productive at the Div 1 level... but wow man even send over the all americans for div 1 it would be 77-0 at half... im actually curious if we can find any pictures of this... i want to see how big these other teams are haha

and ya if it catches on around the world i could see the U.S start losing... but then again prolly not because the U.S have always been physically bigger and stronger than most of these european athletes... they are just more technically sound... and in this sport if your technically sound... but your a 230 pound offensive lineman agasint a 290 DE you done... although i know thats an exageration

neko4
07-11-2007, 01:21 PM
Believe or not Japan won the first two world cups!
But the US wasnt in the first two

neko4
07-11-2007, 01:23 PM
Pretty soon former NFLE guys might look to play in the World Cup

HoopsDemon12
07-11-2007, 01:29 PM
Pretty soon former NFLE guys might look to play in the World Cup

it would be a decent thing to do.. i mean play for your country and get experiance... sure its probabaly not as good as NFLE would have been ... but its good anyway

Paul
07-11-2007, 01:31 PM
This is fricking news to me. World Cup?

HoopsDemon12
07-11-2007, 01:32 PM
This is fricking news to me. World Cup?

haha there was a thread on here earlier in the year... anyone can sign up to try out

'cuse-213
07-11-2007, 01:39 PM
I wouldnt want to travel into south korea for a football game, I hear they're pretty good at football.

KILLERSANTA
07-11-2007, 01:40 PM
how bad would a pro bowl team demolish? if we sent a pro bowl squad, it'd be 77-0 at the half

Or an All-Pro team, it would be 77-0 at the end of the 1st!

yodabear
07-11-2007, 01:43 PM
We should use NFL players in this and see if we could get 300 points, or if anyone could score on us.

yo123
07-11-2007, 02:02 PM

when the US wasnt in it.

HoopsDemon12
07-11-2007, 02:04 PM
We should use NFL players in this and see if we could get 300 points, or if anyone could score on us.

man that would be so entertaining... LT and LJ man... they would be tackled like twice a game... not to mention how many japanese players would have the lights shut off by marriman

bantx
07-11-2007, 03:10 PM
i dont think NFL players will do this just cause they wont want to risk injury especially the starters, college players make more since

Mr. Stiller
07-11-2007, 03:26 PM
I don't know... If I was a good player in the NFL and was taking a break I'd hop over to SK and knock some people around.

How awesome would it be if they made it an olympic sport...

Nitschke-Hawk
07-11-2007, 03:36 PM
This is pretty cool.

scar988
07-11-2007, 05:02 PM

it's cuase we didn';t send a team to those.

Stash
07-11-2007, 05:09 PM
Real NFL players would probably kill people in this tournament, literally.

SeanTaylorRIP
07-11-2007, 05:17 PM
I wouldnt want to travel into south korea for a football game, or is it north korea? idk theyre both ****** up.

Wow dude, either you are 8 years old and have never read a newspaper before, or you are a racist, I'll assume the first, but we here at NFLDC are not against any racial type, that seemed racist to me, but idk maybe it's just me.

HoopsDemon12
07-11-2007, 05:20 PM
Wow dude, either you are 8 years old and have never read a newspaper before, or you are a racist, I'll assume the first, but we here at NFLDC are not against any racial type, that seemed racist to me, but idk maybe it's just me.

i think he is implying that north korea is communist... he just dind tknow which one it was.. but thats just the way i took it personally...

SeanTaylorRIP
07-11-2007, 05:24 PM
IDK he said Theyre both effed up implied that both are, but w/e we'll stop with that.

S4L
07-11-2007, 06:35 PM
Jeff Ballard throwing to Austin Flynn 15 times per game while Korean and French DBs who barely know the rules try to keep up?

Delicious! Why is this not on ESPN2?

HoopsDemon12
07-11-2007, 06:36 PM
Jeff Ballard throwing to Austin Flynn 15 times per game while Korean and French DBs who barely know the rules try to keep up?

Delicious! Why is this not on ESPN2?

i wonder if this is televised anywhere... over the internet or something... i tried to find something and i can up empty

someone447
07-11-2007, 06:49 PM

I think he is just ignorant, not racist, just not the brightest person.

Brent
07-12-2007, 12:07 PM
I wish I could see these games because I am sure it would be entertaining.

DLS42
07-12-2007, 12:09 PM
So let me get this straight our I-AA team is ******* the rest of the world up? just send 1 NFL player. Vick. just for fun.

scottyboy
07-12-2007, 12:10 PM
they should show these games on espn 8 "the ocho"

Brent
07-12-2007, 12:13 PM
http://www.usafootball.com/app/webroot/teamusa/

For those who are curious... also the uniforms are kind of cool. Oh, and of course we are tearing teams up, this is the first year we have ever been in it. And to quote Team America, "America. F**k Yeah."

P-L
07-12-2007, 12:18 PM
Korea didn't get a single 1st down and was held to -31 total yards. :eek:

cardsalltheway
07-12-2007, 12:19 PM
We let Germany score? Come on now, step it up boys.

soybean
07-12-2007, 12:24 PM
haha how come you guys are so proud of this? this is what america is suppose to do. Not to mention that other countries don't have the luxury of too many 300 pound linemen.

DLS42
07-12-2007, 12:25 PM
haha how come you guys are so proud of this? this is what america is suppose to do. Not to mention that other countries don't have the luxury of too many 300 pound linemen.

These players ARE HORRRID by US standards. i mean most of them cant even play D1.

'cuse-213
07-12-2007, 12:34 PM
I think he is just ignorant, not racist, just not the brightest person.

I could go with that. :)

LionSmack
07-12-2007, 12:34 PM

Get over yourself. The basic story is, football is starting to have international tournaments and our boys are going over there and wrecking some ass. I'm proud of that, period. Go burn a flag, pinko.

Did everyone read the whole article? Check this first-half recap:

KAWASAKI, JAPAN – Special teams and defense accounted for 42 points as the United States rolled to a 77-0 victory over Korea in Team USA’s opening game at the 2007 World Championship of American Football on Tuesday evening.

Team USA set seven single-game tournament records including total defense as Korea finished with a net loss of 31 yards offensively and did not record a first down. Team USA amassed a tournament record 289 return yards and nine different U.S. players found the end zone.

Saginaw Valley State’s Bobby Awrey started the game with an 84-yard kickoff return for a touchdown as Team USA jumped to a 28-0 first quarter lead. Awrey also added a 74-yard punt return in the second quarter. The scores were the first kickoff and punt returns for touchdowns in World Championship history.

"That (kickoff) felt amazing," Awrey said. "The guys did a great job. The hole just opened up so wide up the middle of the field. I got to the 20 and realized this is the first play in USA Football history. I’m proud and honored to take that first one back for the team."

Wisconsin-Stevens Point’s Cody Childs was the only other player to find the end zone twice. He scored on a 13-yard first quarter run and a 1-yard fourth quarter scamper.

After Childs’ first quarter score the U.S. defense tacked on two more touchdowns before the end of the quarter. Mary Hardin-Baylor’s Josh Kubiak swooped in and blocked a Korea punt that was recovered in the end zone by Christopher Newport’s Rob Rodriguez. Just over a minute later Wisconsin-La Crosse’s Steve Teeples intercepted an errant K.M Kim throw at the Korea 5-yard line and slipped into the end zone with 5:16 to go in the quarter.

Hobart’s Doug Blakowski extended the US lead to 35-0 early in the second quarter on a four-yard touchdown run to cap a short drive that was set up on a 60 yard punt return by Teeples. Awrey added his punt return two minutes later to give the US a 42-0 halftime cushion.

lol owned

neko4
07-12-2007, 12:38 PM
when the US wasnt in it.

it's cuase we didn';t send a team to those.

Yeah i knew that I just did this:

highlight below:

I put underneath the first statement, in whit font color, but america didnt send a team

HoopsDemon12
07-12-2007, 02:59 PM
man i actualyl really like those UNI's// ya it would be sad if they didnt own the teams

djp
07-12-2007, 03:07 PM
The No. 1 receiver goes to my school. :)

YAYareaRB
07-12-2007, 03:12 PM
I bet if the South Pacific Islands came up with a team they'd be BEASTLY!

I'd like to see Africa field a team. I'm sure Japan can find some Sumo Wrestlers to battle it out in the trenches.

HoopsDemon12
07-12-2007, 03:17 PM
I bet if the South Pacific Islands came up with a team they'd be BEASTLY!

I'd like to see Africa field a team. I'm sure Japan can find some Sumo Wrestlers to battle it out in the trenches.

man with all the sprinters that come out of africa... can you imagine the 40 times?!?!... stops to clean up drool

neko4
07-12-2007, 03:18 PM
Their slowest skill guy would be running in the 4.3's lol
South Africa and Egypt would probably be the only two w/ teams though

HoopsDemon12
07-12-2007, 03:20 PM
Their slowest skill guy would be running in the 4.3's lol
South Africa and Egypt would probably be the only two w/ teams though

ya... but still thats some fast teams... although their lines might be hurting a littel bit... but hey when your linebackers are all running 4.2's your in good shape haha

JoeMontainya
07-12-2007, 10:05 PM
don't worry, once OUR sport catches on around the world we'll start losing. take basketball for example.

We lose at basketball because 10 outta our top 13 players dont attend and we play by completely different european rules which play into the hands of the other teams. Look what happens when foreigners that are the best in the european league come to play in the NBA, with the exceptions of Dirk, Yao and some others the vast majority fail and end up back over seas where there old teams hold grudges against them for leaving in the first place.

We send acouple college players over there also, think if Kobe, a healthy Shaq, Duncan, Lebron, Wade, Garnett, Stoudamire, Howard, Redd, Kidd, etc....all actually showed up to support their country enstead of making up excuses why they need to rest. I know some of those players are allready making the comitment etc, but they allways back out.

JoeMontainya
07-12-2007, 10:07 PM
ya... but still thats some fast teams... although their lines might be hurting a littel bit... but hey when your linebackers are all running 4.2's your in good shape haha

Those Africans and Kenyens arent fast, they can just run forever because of the heat there trained in. They would get killed in a speed race, but dominate in a long distance one ala Boston marathon.

-black
07-12-2007, 10:09 PM
I wonder if a HS team could beat the best of the other countires?

someone447
07-12-2007, 10:56 PM
man with all the sprinters that come out of africa... can you imagine the 40 times?!?!... stops to clean up drool

Very, very few sprinters come out of Africa. They may be of African descent, but they are, almost exclusively, from the western hemisphere. Just because they are black doesn't mean they are fast, in fact, it is an argument for race having nothing to do with athleticism, but if anymore is said on that subject, this thread will get locked.

Namy
07-12-2007, 11:35 PM
LMAO. Funny... I'm Korean and have been in South Korea for the past couple months and I didn't even know football existed here...... The only trace of football in Korea are pictures of Hines Ward lol. Good job to America I guess... but it's not saying that much imo since not much of the world really plays football. Let's see how America does in the real world cup instead.

soybean
07-12-2007, 11:39 PM
Get over yourself. The basic story is, football is starting to have international tournaments and our boys are going over there and wrecking some ass. I'm proud of that, period. Go burn a flag, pinko.

Did everyone read the whole article? Check this first-half recap:

lol owned

um... huh?? you didn't even prove anything. and you made a hasty generalization by calling me unpatriotic for saying that we should win international "american" football games?

neko4
07-13-2007, 01:11 AM
LMAO. Funny... I'm Korean and have been in South Korea for the past couple months and I didn't even know football existed here...... The only trace of football in Korea are pictures of Hines Ward lol. Good job to America I guess... but it's not saying that much imo since not much of the world really plays football. Let's see how America does in the real world cup instead.

You mean the one we're kicking ass in right now

As Homer Simpson, Stephen Colbert, and many other great Americans would say...
USA
USA
USA

USA
USA
USA

USA
USA
USA

USA
USA
USA

USA
USA
USA

JT Jag
07-13-2007, 01:38 AM
Or an All-Pro team, it would be 77-0 at the end of the 1st!How much is the record for an Arena Football game or a CFL game?

If an All-Pro team went international, then it'd break that.

jbeans187
07-13-2007, 01:50 AM
I wonder if a HS team could beat the best of the other countires?

Probabally, think of Marc Tyler and Clausen's high school last year, they are better than the US team

Hawk
07-13-2007, 01:54 AM
I think it is more like failed NFL players :P

lmao, more like failed college players

ncstateviking
07-13-2007, 03:26 AM
if america wanted to, i feel like we would be the best at any sport we wanted to. think about it, america is either THE, or one of the, team to be in ever competition. our talented athletes go into how many different sports? even as it is, if we sent a real team, either our best players, or a real championship team, and played by either our rules, or gave proper time adapting to different rules, we would win most every championship as it is. certainly we could produce the best basketball, baseball, and football team.

and with our top athletes going into those 3 sports, we are still top contenders in hockey. so brazil can beat us in soccer, what would happen in baseball, football, or basketball? sure argentina has lucked into beating us in basketball for the reasons i just named, what would happen if we played them in baseball, football, and hockey? whatever sport america has as "its sport" we will dominate easily. our talent is spread out among so many sports that some countries with one or two specialties will be able to compete with us. but if all the professional athletes in america had trained in the same sport since they were little, do you really think they wouldnt produce the best team sports has ever seen?

someone447
07-13-2007, 09:47 AM
if america wanted to, i feel like we would be the best at any sport we wanted to. think about it, america is either THE, or one of the, team to be in ever competition. our talented athletes go into how many different sports? even as it is, if we sent a real team, either our best players, or a real championship team, and played by either our rules, or gave proper time adapting to different rules, we would win most every championship as it is. certainly we could produce the best basketball, baseball, and football team.

and with our top athletes going into those 3 sports, we are still top contenders in hockey. so brazil can beat us in soccer, what would happen in baseball, football, or basketball? sure argentina has lucked into beating us in basketball for the reasons i just named, what would happen if we played them in baseball, football, and hockey? whatever sport america has as "its sport" we will dominate easily. our talent is spread out among so many sports that some countries with one or two specialties will be able to compete with us. but if all the professional athletes in america had trained in the same sport since they were little, do you really think they wouldnt produce the best team sports has ever seen?

You have to realize our best players in each sport don't even play in the international competition. Most of our best basketball players don't play, if we put together another Dream Team, we would beat any team out there. If we put the baseball equivalent of a dream team together we would win. Hockey, we are always one of the top teams. We are moving up in soccer, it will still be a while, but eventually we will compete for the world cup. We don't need to specialize, we just need our best team to compete.

YAYareaRB
07-13-2007, 11:18 PM
You have to realize our best players in each sport don't even play in the international competition. Most of our best basketball players don't play, if we put together another Dream Team, we would beat any team out there. If we put the baseball equivalent of a dream team together we would win. Hockey, we are always one of the top teams. We are moving up in soccer, it will still be a while, but eventually we will compete for the world cup. We don't need to specialize, we just need our best team to compete.

QFT.. Most guys are financially set in their respective sport's leagues.. Most don't want to play for the country, no matter how prestigious the honor is. If we were to put together a dream team in every single sport we compete in, we would most definatley be the nation to envy in every international competition. I'm not to sure about soccer or rugby just yet, but we are surely making the right steps to get where we need to be.

TCU
07-14-2007, 12:47 AM
Thats right team USA's starting QB went to TCU, however i dont know whether i should be proud of him here

skinzzfan25
07-24-2007, 09:20 PM
No idea if this is even related to these football games, but NFLN has USA vs Japan 1 EST on the 26th.

Just a little heads up.

neko4
07-24-2007, 09:23 PM
I thought we already won the whole shabang

skinzzfan25
07-24-2007, 10:20 PM
I thought we already won the whole shabang

Probably old then, I was watching Total Access and this popped up so I thought of this thread lol.

trkaline
07-24-2007, 10:40 PM
The US should be better at every sport because we recruit the best people from every country.....

neko4
07-24-2007, 10:56 PM
The US should be better at every sport because we recruit the best people from every country.....

yeah but the foreigners we recruit go to their own country in the olympics

trkaline
07-24-2007, 11:05 PM
And that is effed up if u come here for the opportunity you should stay for the olympics.

YAYareaRB
07-25-2007, 01:19 AM
And that is effed up if u come here for the opportunity you should stay for the olympics.

International Superstars do it all the time in the NBA. They take as much pride playing for their respected nations as we do ours.

ncstateviking
07-25-2007, 10:12 AM
the proof we are the best...is only the elite of every country can come play with our mostly american players. if a country can only have 5 players who can ever make it in our league, they shouldnt be able to field a team that can beat us.

YAYareaRB
07-25-2007, 12:36 PM
the proof we are the best...is only the elite of every country can come play with our mostly american players. if a country can only have 5 players who can ever make it in our league, they shouldnt be able to field a team that can beat us.

Yet they do.. But there are players that don't even want to go to the NBA. Spain and France always have good teams. I'm thinking Spain will have the likes of Pau Gasol, Ricky Rubio, Rudy Fernandez, etc. France will probably have Ronny Turiaf, Mikael Peitrus, and Boris Diaw.

trkaline
07-25-2007, 12:43 PM
Our dream team last year was sick...

HoopsDemon12
07-25-2007, 02:16 PM
Our dream team last year was sick...

no dream team has even come close to the first and second ones.... no team... not even close

YAYareaRB
07-25-2007, 02:27 PM
no dream team has even come close to the first and second ones.... no team... not even close

This upcoming Team is the ****.

trkaline
07-25-2007, 02:40 PM

And I doubt there will ever be one like that again, but they can still have a nice team.

HoopsDemon12
07-25-2007, 02:43 PM
And I doubt there will ever be one like that again, but they can still have a nice team.

there is no way there will ever be another team like that... becuase the world has caught up to you guys.... and i mean they are trying to get more "international" type players on the team now... IMO stay with what has gotten you this far because changing our game most likely wont help... but they needed some new young superstars

YAYareaRB
07-25-2007, 03:24 PM
This upcoming All Star Team is gonna take the Gold.

skinzzfan25
07-25-2007, 05:43 PM
This upcoming All Star Team is gonna take the Gold.

Don't we say that every year? -.-

FlutiesDropKick
07-25-2007, 06:15 PM
I think if it was the US vs. the rest of the world and we sent a team of middle of the road and low end NFLers it would have a shot at being a decent game

neko4
07-25-2007, 06:31 PM
I think if it was the US vs. the rest of the world and we sent a team of middle of the road and low end NFLers it would have a shot at being a decent game

More like middle of the road D-I guys

Brent
07-25-2007, 06:54 PM
I bet if we sent the high school All-American team, we would still lay a beat down on any of the teams.

Go_Eagles77
07-25-2007, 10:06 PM
I'm proud to be an American! lol

YAYareaRB
07-26-2007, 01:33 PM
Don't we say that every year? -.-

Since Kobe wasn't on the team last year, I didn't say that.