PDA

View Full Version : Re-do the draft

neko4
07-11-2007, 01:39 PM
If you could go back and change the selections from the draft who would you choose? Keep in mind that player had to be available during that pick (You can take CJ at 16) and you cant choose the same player at a different spot(such as: 1st Round Greg Olsen, 2nd Round Justin Harrell)

1st Round 16th-Greg Olsen TE Miami
2nd Round 30th- Tony Hunt HB Penn St
3rd Round 14th- James Jones WR San Jose St
3rd Round 26th- Aaron Rouse SS V Tech
4th Round 20th- Antwan Barnes LB FIU
5th Round 20th- Brandon Frye OT V Tech
6th Round 17th- David Irons CB Auburn
6th Round 18th- Michael Otto OT Purdue
6th Round 19th- Deon Anderson FB UCONN
7th Round 18th- Derek Stanley WR UW-Whitewater
7th Round 33rd- Travarous Bain CB Hampton

Ive been pretty bored lately and this idea came to me

nbarnett56
07-11-2007, 02:10 PM
You forgot the 18th pick in the 6th round. ;)

1st Round 16th - WR Robert Meachem
2nd Round 30th - CB Marcus McCauley
3rd Round 14th - CB Jonathan Wade
3rd Round 26th - RB Michael Bush
4th Round 20th - OG Allen Barbre
5th Round 20th - S C.J. Gaddis
6th Round 17th - CB David Irons
6th Round 18th - QB Jordan Palmer
6th Round 19th - K Mason Crosby
7th Round 18th - TE Michael Allan
7th Round 33rd - RB Kenneth Darby

We could have developed Meachem for 2 years since we have Driver and Jennings locked in.

McCauley has great size and speed. A bit raw but again, another guy we could have afforded to develop.

Wade is a sleeper IMO. I think he will have a good career.

Bush ran in a simular offense at Louisville. I don't think he'll have much of an impact this season though.

I like Allen Barbre. We needed some depth at the Oline and I feel like this kid could eventually become a starter.

C.J. Gaddis has a ton of potential. Clemson also has a history of pumping out good secondary players.

David Irons is good value this late. You can never have enough good CBs either.

Jordan Palmer would make for a very good backup. When Rodgers does take over, we will be a capable backup. I'm just not sure that Martin is that guy yet.

Mason Crosby is a pick I absolutely love. I thought he would go in the 1st day so its a great value to get him where we did.

We needed some TE depth which Allan would provide. Nothing special but is Clark Harris?

Kenneth Darby adds more depth at RB. He has good size and is a tough runner.

Overall though I think that TT made safe choices for a team that is getting better over more risky picks then guys like Meachem, McCauley, and so on. I still wished we took a CB over Korey Hall though.

PACKmanN
07-11-2007, 03:49 PM
1st Round 16th - DT Justin Harrell
2nd Round 30th - RB Brandon Jackson
3rd Round 14th - CB Tanard Jackson
3rd Round 26th - SS Aaron Rouse
4th Round 20th - OG Allen Barbre
5th Round 20th - WR David Clowney
6th Round 17th - TE Ben Patrick
6th Round 18th - OLB Prescott Burgess
6th Round 19th - K Mason Crosby
7th Round 18th - KR/PR Chansi Stuckey
7th Round 33rd - RB DeShawn Wynn

drowe
07-11-2007, 08:50 PM
yeah, the one thing i'd do is take the pick that was used on james jones and trade it for randy moss. i'm no pro scout, but i'm gonna go out on a limb and say Randy Moss>James Jones.

johbur
07-17-2007, 01:29 AM
yeah, the one thing i'd do is take the pick that was used on james jones and trade it for randy moss. i'm no pro scout, but i'm gonna go out on a limb and say Randy Moss>James Jones.

In his prime and in the right situation, ie, with Carter and a veteran team around him to keep his ego under wraps. Moss is a cancer. Maybe he'll hold up in NE, maybe not. JJ looks good, though he likely could have been had in the 4th, maybe the 5th. If the Packers really wanted Moss, they could have had him. They obviously didn't want to deal with his attitude for the possibility that what he's been the past two years is less than what he is. I think he is what he is. He'd have been OK as a #3 here in GB, but his ego is not a #3 ego.

jbooshey
07-17-2007, 10:45 AM
1st:16-Michael Griffin FS Texas
2nd:63-Brandon Jackson RB Nebraska
3rd:78-DeMarcus "Tank" Tyler DT NCST
3rd:89- Johnnie Lee Higgins WR UTEP
4th:119-Allen Barbre OT Missouri Southern St.
5th:157- Michael Coe CB Alabama St.
6th:191-CJ Ah You DE Oklahoma
6th:192-Courtney Taylor WR Auburn
6th:193-Mason Crosby K Colorado
7th:228-Deshawn Wynn RB Florida
7th:243-Clark Harris TE Rutgers