PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to Taurean Charles?

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
07-11-2007, 04:47 PM
I was watching this video earlier today, and saw that he started out @ Florida, but where is he now?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dpxjl23QFH8

One note on the video is I hope that coach was fired!

remix 6
07-11-2007, 05:09 PM
nice video haha

Taurean looks like a trouble maker and he did end up getting in trouble at florida didnt he?

shame

the coaches attitude was fine in terms of yelling and smacking around but u gotta know the limits. the fight with the Taurean is 1 issue.

HoopsDemon12
07-11-2007, 06:12 PM
YEAR OF THE BULL is a documentary film that covers an entire football season with the Miami Northwestern Bulls and Taurean Charles. The Ex Florida Gator now Bethune-Cookman star is now ready for his NFL shot.

thats what the video says.. so im thinking he may be at bethune-cookman? when is he eligible for the draft anyway?

Don Vito
07-11-2007, 06:18 PM
Yea he was eligible this year, dont think he got picked up though

Woody56
07-11-2007, 06:19 PM
he was in the 07 draft and obviously went undrafted and wasn't picked up as a UDFA. his football career is over (atleast NFL career)

HoopsDemon12
07-11-2007, 06:20 PM
he was in the 07 draft and obviously went undrafted and wasn't picked up as a UDFA. his football career is over (atleast NFL career)

who knows though he may come up here to us... or he could go arena... either way he might get an outside shot in his later years to come into the nfl? just maybe.. anyoone have a scouting profile on him? with hieght weight 40 time and work out numbers and such?

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
07-11-2007, 06:31 PM
who knows though he may come up here to us... or he could go arena... either way he might get an outside shot in his later years to come into the nfl? just maybe.. anyoone have a scouting profile on him? with hieght weight 40 time and work out numbers and such?

I checked my Mel Kiper Draft Report and this is what I found:

He was the 40th ranked Inside Linebacker.
40. Taurean Charles 6'1" 245 lbs. 4.71
Kiper gave him a 5.0 rating out of 10.0, which is almost half the rating he gave Patrick Willis, who was rated a 9.3

HoopsDemon12
07-11-2007, 06:32 PM
I checked my Mel Kiper Draft Report and this is what I found:

He was the 40th ranked Inside Linebacker.
40. Taurean Charles 6'1" 245 lbs. 4.71
Kiper gave him a 5.0 rating out of 10.0, which is almost half the rating he gave Patrick Willis, who was rated a 9.3

i thought he was supposed to be some freak athlete? those numbers are not impressive at all

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
07-11-2007, 06:33 PM
i thought he was supposed to be some freak athlete? those numbers are not impressive at all

He may not have been as into the game at Bethune-Cookman as he would have been had he stayed at Florida.

HoopsDemon12
07-11-2007, 06:33 PM
He may not have been as into the game at Bethune-Cookman as he would have been had he stayed at Florida.

i hate wasted talent so much... i mean he could have tunred it around.. so dissapointing

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
07-11-2007, 06:39 PM
i hate wasted talent so much... i mean he could have tunred it around.. so dissapointing

I totally agree, its a shame to waste talent. But this is also a case where he just hit his peak before everyone else did, he was a superb athlete and dominated at the high school level and that was it. Once he got to college everyone else caught up, and that unfortunate circumstances of not being let back into Florida for that fight. Its too bad that things didn't work out for him, I hope that he can catch on somewhere.

HoopsDemon12
07-11-2007, 06:42 PM
I totally agree, its a shame to waste talent. But this is also a case where he just hit his peak before everyone else did, he was a superb athlete and dominated at the high school level and that was it. Once he got to college everyone else caught up, and that unfortunate circumstances of not being let back into Florida for that fight. Its too bad that things didn't work out for him, I hope that he can catch on somewhere.

i really wouldnt mind if he came up north.. i think he would be an absolute star up here

kipbabykip
05-05-2010, 12:47 PM
I was watching this video earlier today, and saw that he started out @ Florida, but where is he now?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dpxjl23QFH8

One note on the video is I hope that coach was fired!

Taurean Is in Cali. Working with a group of NFL veterans. As of 5-1-10 He has been a mentor and a role model since his dismissal at Florida. He got Blackballed so he never got a legit shot at the NFL. But he is a very Good and Manerable young man. He still deserves a chance but it is what it is. Thanks for your time. Kipp

yourfavestoner
05-05-2010, 01:42 PM

Pretty much sums it up.

He's like that kid that stars on the HS freshman football team because he developed a little faster than everybody and is riding the bench by his senior year because everybody else caught up to him.

Don Vito
05-05-2010, 01:45 PM
Goooo this was a bump. I forgot about this guy, I loved Year of the Bull though. It came out right before football started freshman year of HS for me, I remember it made me want to bust ass and be that good. He was an absolute animal.