PDA

View Full Version : Will Pacman ever play again?

KILLERSANTA
07-11-2007, 05:17 PM
Suspended NFL player Adam "Pacman" Jones received several driving citations in a traffic stop last month in Williamson County, Tenn., where he has a home.

Jones was pulled over June 10 at 8:30 a.m. in his orange Lamborghini sports car because the tags did not match the car, WKRN-TV in Nashville reported.

Sheriff's deputies said he had switched the plate from another vehicle he owns. He was cited with a registration violation, as well as a residency violation for having a Georgia license and failure to show proof of insurance.

Jones was scheduled for an Aug. 10 court appearance on the citations. The Tennessee Titans cornerback is currently suspended from the NFL for a year over several legal scrapes since being drafted in 2005. He faces felony coercion charges in connection with a Feb. 19 fight and triple-shooting at a Las Vegas strip club.

Jones also faces a felony charge of obstruction stemming from a physical altercation in February 2006 with an officer on patrol in Fayetteville, Ga., but no trial date has been set.

Last week a judge delayed a decision on whether to revive charges from an incident last August at a nightclub in Murfreesboro, just south of Nashville. Police said Jones got into an argument with a woman, refused to leave the club and shouted profanities at officers.

I say, He's just to dumb......

KILLERSANTA
07-11-2007, 05:18 PM
My bad, Link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2932509

bennybee38
07-11-2007, 05:19 PM
he is too dumb. hopefully sitting him this whole season will teach him a lesson which will change his thugass ways. i want him to play again. he has too much talent to throw away

skinzzfan25
07-11-2007, 05:34 PM
Should he? No

Will he? Yes

HoopsDemon12
07-11-2007, 05:54 PM
He is just gonna keep getting in trouble... he may go into the hall of shame though as the only player to spend an entire 10 year career suspened;)

Smooth Criminal
07-11-2007, 06:24 PM
I don't think so. I think his year off will do nothing more than give him more time to screw up and get into more trouble.

Cashmoney
07-11-2007, 06:39 PM
will he play again?
yes
Where?
arena football in europe.

neko4
07-11-2007, 07:04 PM
AFL here he comes

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
07-11-2007, 07:06 PM
If he comes to the CFL he would singlehandedly triple our crime rate... unless he goes to Toronto.

Watchman
07-11-2007, 07:08 PM
I think he'll play again, for someone, before flaming out once and for all.

simms2clayton
07-11-2007, 07:12 PM
PacMan is going to have a long and productive career in the CFL.

TheChampIsHere
07-11-2007, 08:23 PM
yea not having his car registered is gonna cause Goodel to lengthen his extension. Are you kidding? This thread is just stupid.

princefielder28
07-11-2007, 08:24 PM
I believe in will play atleast one more down in the NFL before he stops trying

HoopsDemon12
07-11-2007, 08:25 PM
yea not having his car registered is gonna cause Goodel to lengthen his extension. Are you kidding? This thread is just stupid.

i think its more the fact he is just always breaking the law

zoinks
07-11-2007, 09:13 PM
I've kept a very close eye on Pacman Jones since the day the Titans drafted him.

Few seem to realize just how good the guy really is. I honestly consider him to be one of the top three or four impact players in the NFL; he literally changes games, both as a defender and as a PR/KR. Few players possess truly elite talent; fewer still are those who are elite performers at two different positions.

That said...the guy simply has no sense of accountability. He doesn't realize that he himself is responsible for the company he keeps, and that he has turned himself into a target for every would-be tough guy in a bar, or every cop on the street. (It's gotten so bad that even a routine traffic stop makes news).

IF he's finally figured out what it means to keep his nose clean, then maybe....maybe he'll suit up in the NFL again in 2008. And if he does come back, I hope he's wearing a Titans uniform. He's that good.

Personally, I think we've seen the last of Pacman Jones. At this point, I'm guessing that within two years time, he'll either end up in Canada or prison....or dead.

It really is a shame. The guy has hall-of-fame talent...and he's just completely pissed it away.

BrownsTown
07-11-2007, 09:18 PM
Why the hell does he have an orange Lamborghini anyway? How about buy a normal car, and I dunno, donate money to charity. That's a better use than pimpin' yo ride.

TheChampIsHere
07-11-2007, 09:44 PM
i think its more the fact he is just always breaking the law

he hasnt done anything wrong since the suspension came in and I believe he is sincere about making the changes he needed to, the suspension was a serious wake up call to him, he got in trouble in past situations but never faced any serious consequences til now. And him not having his car registered is not gonna make me think otherwise. When he gets in some real trouble we can have this discussion, but this is totally premature.

Ho0k Em'
07-11-2007, 09:49 PM
Why the hell does he have an orange Lamborghini anyway? How about buy a normal car, and I dunno, donate money to charity. That's a better use than pimpin' yo ride.

If you had millions of dollars would you be driving a honda??

BrownsTown
07-11-2007, 09:50 PM
he hasnt done anything wrong since the suspension came in and I believe he is sincere about making the changes he needed to, the suspension was a serious wake up call to him, he got in trouble in past situations but never faced any serious consequences til now. And him not having his car registered is not gonna make me think otherwise. When he gets in some real trouble we can have this discussion, but this is totally premature.

Do you watch the news? There have been about 3 run-ins with the police since the suspension.

Mr. Stiller
07-11-2007, 11:33 PM
If you had millions of dollars would you be driving a honda??

Troy Polamalu drives a Kia Spectra GSX and his wife drives a Kia Optima.

TheChampIsHere
07-11-2007, 11:38 PM
Do you watch the news? There have been about 3 run-ins with the police since the suspension.

such as? ive heard a lot of stuff about the proceedings of cases from past run-ins and now this unregistered car thing. Maybe Ive missed something?

OzTitan
07-12-2007, 10:11 AM
I think he will, although the situation he is in right now has the potential to be a career ender, so I'm not confident he will.

BrownsTown
07-12-2007, 11:13 AM
such as? ive heard a lot of stuff about the proceedings of cases from past run-ins and now this unregistered car thing. Maybe Ive missed something?

I don't remember exactly. They were all minor transgressions, but it shows he can't learn that they keep happening OVER and OVER.

Splat
07-12-2007, 11:14 AM
I would not be shocked either way.

LonghornsLegend
07-12-2007, 11:48 AM

lol this is what you call "hating"

lol@buy a normal car...i guess if your a millionaire a lamborghini is not a normal car, and its not pimpin a ride, it comes stock that way, and as far as entertainers are concerned he's by far not the only one...i mean, you act as if he's wasting money, like youve never seen an episode of cribs before, or that makes you ignorant to have a lamborghini

either way, its gonna hurt him with time off, just like jamal lewis, you have to be constantly eating right, working out, and in shape, im not sure with all these trials he can devote time to that like he wants....but he's gifted so if he devotes his time right he can do it, but as a titan he's done which is sad

Man_Of_Steel
07-12-2007, 11:49 AM
When you score 13 on your wonderlic it isnt a great sign of optimism.

BrownsTown
07-12-2007, 11:58 AM

lol@buy a normal car...i guess if your a millionaire a lamborghini is not a normal car, and its not pimpin a ride, it comes stock that way, and as far as entertainers are concerned he's by far not the only one...i mean, you act as if he's wasting money, like youve never seen an episode of cribs before, or that makes you ignorant to have a lamborghini

either way, its gonna hurt him with time off, just like jamal lewis, you have to be constantly eating right, working out, and in shape, im not sure with all these trials he can devote time to that like he wants....but he's gifted so if he devotes his time right he can do it, but as a titan he's done which is sad

You're right, let people starve so you can have a sweet car.

LonghornsLegend
07-12-2007, 12:03 PM
that's why vince young will find himself rotting in a mexican prison sometime next year.

right with dan marino

LonghornsLegend
07-12-2007, 12:04 PM

do you think pacman is the sole owner of a lamborghini? so you think its just one orange murcielago rolling around and it belongs to him, the rest are just sitting on the dealership i guess...but your right, lets blame starvation and hunger on pacman jones, not the president...makes alot more sense

GB12
07-12-2007, 12:04 PM

Easy to say when you're not the one with the money.

TheChampIsHere
07-12-2007, 12:19 PM

yeah but the diff b/w him and Jamal Lewis is he isnt in jail so he can still work with a trainer do all the stuff to really stay in shape and he also doesnt have the wear and tear of Jamal Lewis...Whether or not he does that we'll see. Its all in Pac- Mans hands.

BrownsTown
07-12-2007, 12:19 PM
do you think pacman is the sole owner of a lamborghini? so you think its just one orange murcielago rolling around and it belongs to him, the rest are just sitting on the dealership i guess...but your right, lets blame starvation and hunger on pacman jones, not the president...makes alot more sense

I'm not blaming it all on him. I guess I'm just sick of these obscenely rich athletes while there are starving people and homeless people all around the world. It's probably not something to say on an NFL forum because most fans don't care, but I guess I do. Sorry for thinking that.

eacantdraft
07-12-2007, 12:24 PM
Pac Man is going to have no cash left by the way he is going. Let's see. He takes $80,000 in cash to a strip club. He drives a Lamborghini and doesn't have insurance.

The guy has to be the stupidest guy in the NFL.

eacantdraft
07-12-2007, 12:25 PM
yeah but the diff b/w him and Jamal Lewis is he isnt in jail so he can still work with a trainer do all the stuff to really stay in shape and he also doesnt have the wear and tear of Jamal Lewis...Whether or not he does that we'll see. Its all in Pac- Mans hands.

He isn't in jail yet...

TheChampIsHere
07-12-2007, 02:37 PM
so is anyone gonna tell me what Pac-Man has done since his suspension that is putting his career in jeopardy? The only thing ive heard about is some kind of traffic citation/unregistered vehicle, im not exactly sure, but it sounds like something that wouldnt be newsworthy if it was any other player outside of Pac-Man.

Moses
07-12-2007, 02:45 PM

Look at the lifestyle you live, hypocrit. You could do with MUCH less. Donate ALL your extra money to charity. Do not buy anything for yourself.

Quit harping on rich people because they don't donate every extra cent they have to charity. I'm so sick of hearing that. They give what they want to, like everybody else.

Moses
07-12-2007, 02:46 PM
so is anyone gonna tell me what Pac-Man has done since his suspension that is putting his career in jeopardy? The only thing ive heard about is some kind of traffic citation/unregistered vehicle, im not exactly sure, but it sounds like something that wouldnt be newsworthy if it was any other player outside of Pac-Man.

He's a had a few minor run-ins, nothing that is going to put his career in jeopardy. It's mostly just stuff that he should be avoiding if he wants to redeem his image in the eyes of the league and fans.

eacantdraft
07-12-2007, 03:23 PM
He's a had a few minor run-ins, nothing that is going to put his career in jeopardy. It's mostly just stuff that he should be avoiding if he wants to redeem his image in the eyes of the league and fans.

Can't PacMan go a couple of months without a "run-in" with the cops?

TheChampIsHere
07-12-2007, 03:49 PM
legality in this case being irrelevant (we're talking his career and not a life in prison), his decision to go to a strip club the night before talking to the comissioner about an incident involving a strip club was not an intelligent one.

for those who don't seem to get it, i get that it wasn't illegal, but that has no bearing whatsoever on the impression it made on goodell, which has a MAJOR bearing on his ability to continue to play in the nfl.

thats not what im talking about....pac-mans decision to go the strip club was one of many bad ones...While he hasnt been convicted of any crimes, he was still involved in too many negative situations and Goodell slapped a major suspension on him, making an example out of him. Afterwards, he admitted his mistakes and has pledged to make the changes he needs to....Now what Im saying is since then what has he done to make us think this is not the case? If all we're talking about is an unregistered vehicle and some kind of minor traffic violation, I would say whoever made this topic is making way too much out of it. Im not gonna assume Pac-Man is making no effort to stay out of trouble and will never make it back to the NFL based on some petty stuff like that.

TheChampIsHere
07-12-2007, 04:04 PM
reading this article on ESPN it seems more like an asshole cop targeting pac-man than him actually doing anything wrong. It says the cop had previously vowed to pull him over the first chance he got and that the reason he pulled him over was that he suspected that he didn't have a TEN drivers license, only a GA one, which is not valid grounds to pull him over. And the unregistered vehicle thing might not even be true because he didnt get cited for it. Pac-Man does need to keep his nose clean and try to avoid any type of negative headlines, because its important he is really doing positive and putting forth a positive image if he wants to get re-instated. But that can be tough if you are being made a target out of and there are cops that are just looking for an excuse to pull him over. I dont exactly what the truth is in this incident but Im gonna give Pacman a pass on this one because it doesnt seem like he was doing anything wrong and at worst it was an unregistered vehicle, which is not a big deal (maybe he just bought it and was planning to register it in the next few days) and perhaps he didnt even do anything wrong and this is all just a product of a cop who was out to get him.

HoopsDemon12
07-12-2007, 05:10 PM
reading this article on ESPN it seems more like an asshole cop targeting pac-man than him actually doing anything wrong. It says the cop had previously vowed to pull him over the first chance he got and that the reason he pulled him over was that he suspected that he didn't have a TEN drivers license, only a GA one, which is not valid grounds to pull him over. And the unregistered vehicle thing might not even be true because he didnt get cited for it. Pac-Man does need to keep his nose clean and try to avoid any type of negative headlines, because its important he is really doing positive and putting forth a positive image if he wants to get re-instated. But that can be tough if you are being made a target out of and there are cops that are just looking for an excuse to pull him over. I dont exactly what the truth is in this incident but Im gonna give Pacman a pass on this one because it doesnt seem like he was doing anything wrong and at worst it was an unregistered vehicle, which is not a big deal (maybe he just bought it and was planning to register it in the next few days) and perhaps he didnt even do anything wrong and this is all just a product of a cop who was out to get him.

well being a public figure like him you can actualyl justify thinking like that... that is what it seems to look like from our outsie perspective though

Shiver
07-12-2007, 05:28 PM
This kind of stuff doesn't bother me. I say "big deal" to this story. Now if he was in another strip club, late at night, with his posse, that I have a problem with.

VY10
07-12-2007, 05:55 PM
right with dan marino

ahhahaha thats sooo true.

TheChampIsHere
07-13-2007, 01:28 AM
well being a public figure like him you can actualyl justify thinking like that... that is what it seems to look like from our outsie perspective though

im not quite sure I understand what you mean by this

Shiver, I agree completely, if he was out at the club again late at night with his entourage and his flashy car, cash money and bling-bling etc it would be a problem because that would pretty much show that he is not trying to make changes and is gonna continue to put himself in situations where he will get in trouble. This story on the other hand doesnt mean anything to me and like I said this wouldnt even make the news if it was any other NFL player, much less get an entire thread made about it.

eacantdraft
07-13-2007, 12:50 PM
Why do I have a feeling PacMan is going to be one of these guys who will declare bankruptcy a few years after signing his contract?

Wait until his lawyers get their take for defending him. It's going to cost PacMan a pretty penny.

TheChampIsHere
07-13-2007, 01:17 PM
again, not that i wholly disagree, but just to cherry-pick, when you buy a new car, you have a temporary registration that lasts a few months. this may work in a slightly different way in some states, but here, he would've had to have ignored the temporary registration for about 3 months then still failed to get it taken care of.

*shrug* i get what you're saying about him being a target, but he also needs to realize that he's a target and begin to be significantly more careful. i don't have a problem with this necessarily (nor do i think the league office cares all that much), but if he slips up at all and has, say, weed in the car, or drives .001 over the limit or goes 90 in a 45, he has to realize they're going to get him. and he has to take steps to deal with that, so that when they do get him, it's for petty crap like a headlight being out, rather than something that could involve handcuffs.

yeah i have to agree

luckyjackaubrey
07-13-2007, 03:45 PM
Stop giving this ass any attention. He doesn't deserve it.