PDA

View Full Version : Jacksonville Jaguars Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

P-L
12-18-2006, 10:14 PM
I got a request from jag to lock the old one and start a new one, so here it is. Talk about the Jags.

The Unseen
12-18-2006, 10:16 PM
The Jaguars need more cowbell

smittyjs
12-18-2006, 11:14 PM
With the Colt winning tonight that helps us both.

yourfavestoner
12-19-2006, 04:18 AM
Well, I'm going to be coming to Jacksonville around the 9th or so (I usually go about three times a year), so if anybody wants to do anything, let me know.

jag
12-19-2006, 07:53 AM
I'm stuck in Minnesota. :(

The Unseen
12-19-2006, 08:29 AM
Well, I'm going to be coming to Jacksonville around the 9th or so (I usually go about three times a year), so if anybody wants to do anything, let me know.

I don't want any suspicious sniffers in my neighborhood, if you know what I mean....

yourfavestoner
12-19-2006, 12:52 PM

I don't want any suspicious sniffers in my neighborhood, if you know what I mean....

I take offense to that. :wink:

And I don't touch the nose candy. Only the natural stuff for me.

leftwich7
12-19-2006, 05:39 PM
i'm i the only one going to the NE game this sunday?

leftwich7
12-19-2006, 05:43 PM
how does casey hampton get in over big john for the pro bowl

jag
12-19-2006, 06:40 PM
Because he's on the Patriots.

jblaze66
12-19-2006, 06:53 PM
Because he's on the Patriots.
Um, no actually hes on the Steelers.

jag
12-19-2006, 08:17 PM
lol, sorry. I was thinking of Richard Seymour.

The Unseen
12-19-2006, 08:28 PM
i'm i the only one going to the NE game this sunday?

I have season tickets, so...no.

JT Jag
12-19-2006, 08:50 PM
I'm going.

I have season tickets, and the only game I haven't gone to this year was the first Titans game. As we all know, the conditions that day were rather nasty.

JagHombre22
12-19-2006, 09:37 PM
talk about being snubbed...Taylor and Henderson don't get in...Henderson is probably the biggest snub for the past two years...the man is a beast among boys out there on the D-line, Probowls mean nothing to me anymore...

Jay
12-19-2006, 09:44 PM
I'll be there. 8)

The Unseen
12-19-2006, 10:24 PM
I'll be there. :cry:

Fixed it for you

jets future
12-19-2006, 10:24 PM
i know this is pretty random guys but if you guys had a 6-10 pick in the first round who would you guys take
prob quin,leon hall, adams, johnson, thomas wont be available who would u guys take cus i was thinking about this cus i was thinkin about trading up to get like a 6-10 pick.
i was thinking about probably quinten moses cus hes a de.

The Unseen
12-19-2006, 10:45 PM
i know this is pretty random guys but if you guys had a 6-10 pick in the first round who would you guys take
prob quin,leon hall, adams, johnson, thomas wont be available who would u guys take cus i was thinking about this cus i was thinkin about trading up to get like a 6-10 pick.

LaRon Landry.

leftwich7
12-20-2006, 01:21 AM

LaRon Landry.

not even a question, Landry

yourfavestoner
12-20-2006, 02:15 AM
talk about being snubbed...Taylor and Henderson don't get in...Henderson is probably the biggest snub for the past two years...the man is a beast among boys out there on the D-line, Probowls mean nothing to me anymore...

Welcome to the board. Good to see another Jag fan join.

And yes, you're right. Henderson getting snubbed is an absolute sham. Taylor...not so much. If he made the Pro Bowl, it would have been more of a "career achievement" award, as this was most likely his last chance. However, Willie Parker definitely deserves it, as he's had a great year.

It's a shame. If Fred had a nose for the endzone, people would still talk about him as one of the league's best backs. Hell, if he would have stayed healthy throughout his career, he could have gone down as one of the best ever. He was that talented.

yourfavestoner
12-20-2006, 02:15 AM

LaRon Landry.

I hope this front office would never trade up to take a safety.

yourfavestoner
12-20-2006, 03:29 AM
Check it. Vic's pretty heated about Henderson being snubbed.

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article.aspx?id=5739

Jay
12-20-2006, 06:20 AM
I'll be there. :cry:

Fixed it for you

Even if they lose, I won't be crying. Do you realize how hard it is to go to a Patriots game back home? It's so hard that I'm willing to hop on a flight after the game and fly into Boston after 11PM on Christmas Eve before making the hour ride into Worcester. :lol:

So yeah, I'm pretty pumped. But having lived here for two years now, I like the Jags, and I want to see them do well. Just... not as well as the Pats. 8)

jag
12-20-2006, 07:47 AM
When Vic is angry it turns me on. :oops:

The Unseen
12-20-2006, 09:13 AM
Check it. Vic's pretty heated about Henderson being snubbed.

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article.aspx?id=5739

Well, to be honest, to say that he's the second best DT he's covered to Joe Greene doesn't say a whole lot because he's only covered two teams.

But yeah. He's ticked.

jag
12-20-2006, 09:35 AM
How does our defense fair this week? I say we hold Tom Brady and his crew under 14 points.

The Unseen
12-20-2006, 10:35 AM
How does our defense fair this week? I say we hold Tom Brady and his crew under 14 points.

I think we'll play well. Not going to give a points-allowed prediction, though.

I think we win by 13

jets future
12-20-2006, 12:18 PM

LaRon Landry.
you guys would take laundry, i can probable get laron in the second cus i would also get the lions second round pick, de seems like your second need

bigbluedefense
12-20-2006, 12:29 PM
Do you guys think you'll nab Troy Smith this year? Im not ready to declare qb a need just yet, Garrard is still kind of a rookie and he'll go through some growing pains, I think it would be kinda unfair to give up on the kid quickly.

But the idea of having Smith is intriguing. I personally feel he's very underrated, and if he's available, it will be interesting to see if you guys try to nab him.

The Unseen
12-20-2006, 12:43 PM
Do you guys think you'll nab Troy Smith this year? Im not ready to declare qb a need just yet, Garrard is still kind of a rookie and he'll go through some growing pains, I think it would be kinda unfair to give up on the kid quickly.

But the idea of having Smith is intriguing. I personally feel he's very underrated, and if he's available, it will be interesting to see if you guys try to nab him.

Hmm...I dunno. It's an interesting idea. First, one of the QBs would have to be traded, and I have my doubt that the Jags FO does that.

yourfavestoner
12-20-2006, 01:19 PM

I don't think it's out of the question at all. And I don't know if you can really say Garrard should be going through rookie-like growing pains. He's in his fifth year in the league. He's been in the same system for four years now. Like I said earlier in the thread, he was making these kind of mistakes last year. He's thrown numerous balls right into the hands of DBs, except that now they're actually picking them off.

jets future
12-20-2006, 02:53 PM
would you guys do this

you get 33 pick overall

for byron leftwich
and 5 th round pick

WhisperSeek
12-20-2006, 03:30 PM
would you guys do this

you get 33 pick overall

for byron leftwich
and 5 th round pick

Yes.

I think Byron has first round talent, but his injuries will scare other teams off. If we can get an early second rounder for Byron, then I'd do it. But I don't see any other team offering anything less than a third rounder for him at this point.

12-20-2006, 03:32 PM
I think we can go after Troy Smith

jag
12-20-2006, 04:06 PM
I would no longer be a Jaguar fan if we drafted Troy Smith. I would denounce my religion!

The Unseen
12-20-2006, 04:22 PM
I would no longer be a Jaguar fan if we drafted Troy Smith. I would denounce my religion!

Kavorka...

nshelat1
12-20-2006, 08:32 PM
What do you all think about a positional change for Brian Williams from CB to FS? His play has been real spotty this year as has his tackling and while he is playing solidly on man coverages, he is easily fooled and doesnt have the recovery speed to make up for it. Besides, he played FS in college and definately has the skillset to play the same in the pros.

I saw a mock draft suggesting we take Marcus McCauley, and for some reason, I have a feeling that he will be the BAP when we pick. He certainly is a natural talent and by drafting him, and moving BW to safety, not only will we be upgrading out CB's, but our set of safety's as well.

If it works out as planned, we could easily be the best defense on paper next season with just one pick spent. For the record, I dont forsee any of the top 3 safetys falling to us (Landy, Nelson or Griffin)

The Unseen
12-20-2006, 08:51 PM
What do you all think about a positional change for Brian Williams from CB to FS? His play has been real spotty this year as has his tackling and while he is playing solidly on man coverages, he is easily fooled and doesnt have the recovery speed to make up for it. Besides, he played FS in college and definately has the skillset to play the same in the pros.

I saw a mock draft suggesting we take Marcus McCauley, and for some reason, I have a feeling that he will be the BAP when we pick. He certainly is a natural talent and by drafting him, and moving BW to safety, not only will we be upgrading out CB's, but our set of safety's as well.

If it works out as planned, we could easily be the best defense on paper next season with just one pick spent. For the record, I dont forsee any of the top 3 safetys falling to us (Landy, Nelson or Griffin)

I don't know what you're talking about. Brian has had a good year.

I like the pick of safety because of what it offers for the Jaguars in the future with regards to Grant and Darius.

nshelat1
12-20-2006, 10:00 PM

I like the pick of safety because of what it offers for the Jaguars in the future with regards to Grant and Darius.

Maybe that came out wrong. What I meant was he has played fine all year and is exactly what we thought he would be but that still doesnt change the fact that our secondary would be vastly improved with McCauley opposite of Mathis and BWill at FS. Williams is a very spotty tackler for starters and is easily fooled on simple moves.

But I might be a little harsh on the guy. Once we get our pass-rush back, just imagine what opposing recievers will be in for. :twisted:

The Unseen
12-20-2006, 10:16 PM

Maybe that came out wrong. What I meant was he has played fine all year and is exactly what we thought he would be but that still doesnt change the fact that our secondary would be vastly improved with McCauley opposite of Mathis and BWill at FS. Williams is a very spotty tackler for starters and is easily fooled on simple moves.

But I might be a little harsh on the guy. Once we get our pass-rush back, just imagine what opposing recievers will be in for. :twisted:

meh...I really don't like McCauley as a prospect. The dude got benched because of bad play and how he was acting like he was so great that he was a shoe-in NFL prospect. He might have nice measurables, but I don't get ga-ga over 40 times like some people do.

KFL
12-21-2006, 07:34 AM
I don't see the Jags taking a QB in the first round, maybe third. The Jags will probably take defense early either DE or Safety.

jag
12-21-2006, 10:11 AM
I think Brian Williams is fine at CB, and moving him to FS would be no better than having Deon Grant back there. I too am not a fan of McClauly, so I defenitly don't like that pick. Unless we trade away Lefty, and Garrard doesn't look too well in these last 2 games. I don't see us drafting QB round 1. What I would like is (pending Garrards play) Trade Leftwich for a secound round pick, and use it too trade up for Laron Landry.

nshelat1
12-21-2006, 12:31 PM
I think Brian Williams is fine at CB, and moving him to FS would be no better than having Deon Grant back there. I too am not a fan of McClauly, so I defenitly don't like that pick. Unless we trade away Lefty, and Garrard doesn't look too well in these last 2 games. I don't see us drafting QB round 1. What I would like is (pending Garrards play) Trade Leftwich for a secound round pick, and use it too trade up for Laron Landry.

Well see the problem with this is that this scenario is far more unlikely to occur. The jags highly value their later picks, as we've gotten amazing value out of them for the past few years. Unfortunately, we wont fork enough over to puruse landry, who by all rights, is one of the best safetys to come out in recent years. Nelson also has seen his stock soar quite a bit and perhaps more come combine time.

We should really pray to some divine force that we are able to get michael griffin, who is an absolute playmaker and will be a force on special teams as well. But even he would be hard to get at this point, as several teams picking before us (namely SFO, Philly and Atlanta) have pressing needs for a safety.

Honestly, I do believe that a DE and/or WLB is just as important a cog to our defense as is a DB but truthfully if all the safetys are off the board, our options would probably be a handfull of WLB's, Victor Abiamiri, or any CB that falls to us. In that scenario, (if McCauley were avalible) he is the BAP whether you like him or not.

His play this year hasnt been what it should be for a top flight corner, but his measurables will make him very intriguing. Im not even sure he'll be around at our pick if he does well at the combine.

We truly are in a tough draft slot this year.

jag
12-21-2006, 12:43 PM
The thing is, were not in a tough spot. We're in a really good spot. We have no pressing needs, and are going to be free to take BPA. And I really don't think WOLB is a big need either, Griesen has played well, and when Mike Peterson returns from injury he will likely make the transisition to WOLB which is a much more natural position to him.

So as of now I see our needs looking like this.

FS
DE
CB(minor)

After that it's really a crapshoot because our team is still very young, and we have invested high draft picks in most of our weaker spots. And if those players devlope as expected we're going to be solid.

12-21-2006, 12:49 PM
Do u think we can finaly beat NE?

yourfavestoner
12-21-2006, 12:49 PM

Yeah, I'm not a big McCauley fan, either. However, the idea of moving Williams to safety (if we draft a great prospect at corner) is intriguiging. I remember Vic saying before the draft last year that he wouldn't be suprised if we picked Cromartie and eventually moved Brian Williams to safety. He certainly has the skillset.

And jag, I really don't think Lefty is going to get dealt. I made a pretty long post about it in the 2007 NFL Draft forum under Unseen's "Apology to Scott" thread. I think if one of the quarterbacks is going to get traded, it's going to be Garrard.

nshelat1
12-21-2006, 01:31 PM
The thing is, were not in a tough spot. We're in a really good spot. We have no pressing needs, and are going to be free to take BPA. And I really don't think WOLB is a big need either, Griesen has played well, and when Mike Peterson returns from injury he will likely make the transisition to WOLB which is a much more natural position to him.

So as of now I see our needs looking like this.

FS
DE
CB(minor)

What I mean is that we are in a bad (tough) draft slot because our needs are very similar to those of other teams ahead of us and hence, we will be hard pressed to get good value out of our first round choice specifically. Take a good look at team needs and other mock drafts and you will see what I mean.

nshelat1
12-21-2006, 01:43 PM

Yeah, I'm not a big McCauley fan, either. However, the idea of moving Williams to safety (if we draft a great prospect at corner) is intriguiging. I remember Vic saying before the draft last year that he wouldn't be suprised if we picked Cromartie and eventually moved Brian Williams to safety. He certainly has the skillset.

And jag, I really don't think Lefty is going to get dealt. I made a pretty long post about it in the 2007 NFL Draft forum under Unseen's "Apology to Scott" thread. I think if one of the quarterbacks is going to get traded, it's going to be Garrard.

To be honest, that is where I had derived the idea from.

Cromartie and McCauley are phyiscal clones of each other: Cromartie has 1 inch and 5 pounds on McCauley, both have excellent verticals and ran a sub 4.4 40. Same strengths (leaping ability, hip fluidity, instincts) and similar weaknesses (gamblers, hands). The one difference is that McCauley is a better tackler.

But McCauley's current year left much to be desired. If we drafted him, Brian Williams would have to shift over to FS, not that he has played bad, but because McCauley is simply a taller, faster corner with better instincts albeit less physical. Brian Williams has the skillset to play both positions and this way, we would upgrade not only our DB's (BWill >> Deon Grant) but also our set of Corners.

It may turn out in our best interests, especially if we miss out on the elite FS's.

yourfavestoner
12-21-2006, 04:37 PM

To be honest, that is where I had derived the idea from.

Cromartie and McCauley are phyiscal clones of each other: Cromartie has 1 inch and 5 pounds on McCauley, both have excellent verticals and ran a sub 4.4 40. Same strengths (leaping ability, hip fluidity, instincts) and similar weaknesses (gamblers, hands). The one difference is that McCauley is a better tackler.

But McCauley's current year left much to be desired. If we drafted him, Brian Williams would have to shift over to FS, not that he has played bad, but because McCauley is simply a taller, faster corner with better instincts albeit less physical. Brian Williams has the skillset to play both positions and this way, we would upgrade not only our DB's (BWill >> Deon Grant) but also our set of Corners.

It may turn out in our best interests, especially if we miss out on the elite FS's.

If we do draft McCauley, I think we'll keep Brian Williams at corner for one more season. I think it would be pretty suicidal for us to throw McCauley into the mix as a rookie, as he's extremely raw. In a best case scenario, Darius will come back healthy, and he and Sensabaugh will man the safety positions. The coaching staff will then probably bring McCauley along slowly, much like how San Diego has done with Cromartie. Since next year is the last year on Darius' contract (I believe), then after nest season, Sensabaugh will likely take over at Darius' strong safety spot, Williams will probably move to free safety, and McCauley will man the RCB spot.

God damn. Just think of how good our pass defense would be.

jag
12-21-2006, 04:58 PM
I definitly agree with that, I think that if we draft any CB we'll have too wait a year before moving Brian to FS. The only way I see us trading Lefty is if we get offered a sick package of picks. Which I really don't see anybody who would want him enough. Plus I really feel more comfortable with Leftwich starting anyways. Whenever Garrad plays I'm always waiting for a big pass, but it never comes. With Leftwich our passing game is so much more consistent. Though he will rarely light you up, he always has Decent stats. Rather than Garrard with his 80 yard passing efforts, and how whenever the ball is thrown over 20 yards I lose all faith in the play. I just can't stand that feeling, of knowing that the play won't work.

Ok I'm done, this rant is pointless.

The Unseen
12-21-2006, 06:14 PM
I definitly agree with that, I think that if we draft any CB we'll have too wait a year before moving Brian to FS. The only way I see us trading Lefty is if we get offered a sick package of picks. Which I really don't see anybody who would want him enough. Plus I really feel more comfortable with Leftwich starting anyways. Whenever Garrad plays I'm always waiting for a big pass, but it never comes. With Leftwich our passing game is so much more consistent. Though he will rarely light you up, he always has Decent stats. Rather than Garrard with his 80 yard passing efforts, and how whenever the ball is thrown over 20 yards I lose all faith in the play. I just can't stand that feeling, of knowing that the play won't work.

That's why I don't think the FO trades Leftwich. They aren't going to get a great glob in return, and he's still got potential and has been proven to be successful.

locseti
12-21-2006, 08:46 PM

That's why I don't think the FO trades Leftwich. They aren't going to get a great glob in return, and he's still got potential and has been proven to be successful.

Edgar Allen Poe really was the first emo kid ever, but he had a real reason to cut himself. And can the Jags please give up one of their backs this offseason? Its just not fair to have Fast Freddy, Greg "The one and only, you can't clone me" Jones and MJD on the team. The league is all about parody guys, come on.

jag
12-21-2006, 10:41 PM
Do you want Alvin Pearman?

locseti
12-21-2006, 10:55 PM

What about LeBrandon Toefield, he still around?

jag
12-21-2006, 11:03 PM
I belive he is.

yourfavestoner
12-21-2006, 11:13 PM

What about LeBrandon Toefield, he still around?

Yeah. He's set to be a free agent this offseason.

locseti
12-21-2006, 11:16 PM
Moss and Porter for The load and Lord Byron...You can throw in Toefield too.

locseti
12-21-2006, 11:16 PM
five decent running backs, thats ridiculous

locseti
12-21-2006, 11:19 PM
imagine if you guys ran the full house, having Fast Freddy, The Load and MJD all in the backfield.

12-21-2006, 11:21 PM
Why did you just triple post?

locseti
12-21-2006, 11:25 PM

Why is bareback mtn your avy?

12-21-2006, 11:26 PM

Why is bareback mtn your avy?

It's Johnny Damon and Derek Jeter.

locseti
12-21-2006, 11:28 PM
Oh, it's so small you cant tell.

yourfavestoner
12-21-2006, 11:32 PM

Pass. If one of the quarterbacks gets traded, it's going to be Garrard.

12-21-2006, 11:39 PM

That's the size avatars are supposed to be. Yours is too big according to the rules.

locseti
12-21-2006, 11:45 PM

Ok, Then Moss and Porter for the Load and Garrard...Anyway, I was reading your post the other night when you were saying something like the QB situation in JVille was being overanalyzed, but I got the impression that Del Rio really did think that Garrard gave them a better chance to win...I know that Leftwich was injured, but he's certainly played well like that before...People play injured all the time, where do we draw th eline between playing through injury and playing through pain? I thought in the playoffs last yr that Garrard should have started that game, but Del RIo went with Lefty. I thought he maybe second-guessed himself this year, and when Garrard played well in his stints early in the year, coupled with last yr's performances, I kind of got the impression that he would have given Garrard a chance this yr anyway - even if Leftwich was playing poorly, but uninjured.

Lefty was saying this year that the doctors never told him the ankle needed to be "cleaned out" (contrary to what Del Rio said) Im assuming that was bull. But guys go on IR for turf toe, dont you think Lefty coulda played the rest of the season on the ankle? and probably outperformed Garrard? I bet he thinks he could have, thats why I think Lefty's unhappy, and will want out.

Anyway, you guys have probably discussed this, so maybe someone can set me straight as I like the Jags but don't follow them too closely.

locseti
12-21-2006, 11:48 PM

That's the size avatars are supposed to be. Yours is too big according to the rules.

:roll:

12-21-2006, 11:49 PM

:roll:

I really don't care, I was just saying.

jag
12-21-2006, 11:55 PM
Leftwich said he could have played, which likely he could. But he severly damaged the trust level Del Rio had in him after that embaressing Houstin loss.

Windy
12-22-2006, 12:45 AM
Happy Holidays

http://www.hotnsaucey.com/images/nfl/jacksonville_jaguars_bbq.jpg

yourfavestoner
12-22-2006, 02:38 AM

Ok, Then Moss and Porter for the Load and Garrard...Anyway, I was reading your post the other night when you were saying something like the QB situation in JVille was being overanalyzed, but I got the impression that Del Rio really did think that Garrard gave them a better chance to win...I know that Leftwich was injured, but he's certainly played well like that before...People play injured all the time, where do we draw th eline between playing through injury and playing through pain? I thought in the playoffs last yr that Garrard should have started that game, but Del RIo went with Lefty. I thought he maybe second-guessed himself this year, and when Garrard played well in his stints early in the year, coupled with last yr's performances, I kind of got the impression that he would have given Garrard a chance this yr anyway - even if Leftwich was playing poorly, but uninjured.

Lefty was saying this year that the doctors never told him the ankle needed to be "cleaned out" (contrary to what Del Rio said) Im assuming that was bull. But guys go on IR for turf toe, dont you think Lefty coulda played the rest of the season on the ankle? and probably outperformed Garrard? I bet he thinks he could have, thats why I think Lefty's unhappy, and will want out.

Anyway, you guys have probably discussed this, so maybe someone can set me straight as I like the Jags but don't follow them too closely.

Del Rio thought Garrard gave the Jaguars a better chance to win, because he feels like a healthy Garrard gives them a better chance than an injured Leftwich. It's that simple. Del Rio has maintained that Leftwich is the starter when healthy. However, the injury was serious enough that it never healed on its own, and it required season ending surgery. The end.

locseti
12-22-2006, 03:29 AM

Del Rio thought Garrard gave the Jaguars a better chance to win, because he feels like a healthy Garrard gives them a better chance than an injured Leftwich. It's that simple. Del Rio has maintained that Leftwich is the starter when healthy. However, the injury was serious enough that it never healed on its own, and it required season ending surgery. The end.

So Leftwich will gladly return? We'll see.

yourfavestoner
12-22-2006, 03:35 AM

Um, why wouldn't he? He'll be the starting quarterback and will probably get a contract extension.

It isn't like the coaching staff screwed him over like the media made it seem. Byron wanted to play. Not matter what he said, he was too hurt to play. The season ending surgery kinda proves that, doesn't it not?

locseti
12-22-2006, 03:43 AM

Um, why wouldn't he? He'll be the starting quarterback and will probably get a contract extension.

It isn't like the coaching staff screwed him over like the media made it seem. Byron wanted to play. Not matter what he said, he was too hurt to play. The season ending surgery kinda proves that, doesn't it not?

No, you're right, I guess I was a victim of the media ploy, that's why I was asking...It just seemed like he was saying the complete opposite of Del RIo, especially about the "cleaning out of the ankle" deal, and he seemed pissed that he wasn't the starter...But given his penchant for playing injured, you can see why he was upset - he thought he could play. So, have there been rumors about an extension?

CARDIAC CAT 7
12-22-2006, 09:06 AM
If theirs one thing to know about Leftwich he thinks hes never hurt, which everyone knows by now.

yourfavestoner
12-22-2006, 11:57 AM

No, you're right, I guess I was a victim of the media ploy, that's why I was asking...It just seemed like he was saying the complete opposite of Del RIo, especially about the "cleaning out of the ankle" deal, and he seemed pissed that he wasn't the starter...But given his penchant for playing injured, you can see why he was upset - he thought he could play. So, have there been rumors about an extension?

There haven't been rumors in media and whatnot, but he's going into the last year of his contract. If he plays well, he'll receive an extension.

And Cardiac Cat got it right. Leftwich never thinks he's injured. It's a double-edged sword.

KFL
12-22-2006, 01:06 PM
Kinda off the topic but I started to play with Photoshop this week and just created my first sig.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p24/kfl8/MJD.png

yourfavestoner
12-22-2006, 02:29 PM
Not bad at all for a first sig. Did you show anybody in the Sig Request thread, cause they give some really helpful tips.

The Unseen
12-22-2006, 02:35 PM

Edgar Allen Poe really was the first emo kid ever, but he had a real reason to cut himself. And can the Jags please give up one of their backs this offseason? Its just not fair to have Fast Freddy, Greg "The one and only, you can't clone me" Jones and MJD on the team. The league is all about parody guys, come on.

Well, we're a small market, so we're getting some payback :wink:

KFL
12-22-2006, 04:04 PM
Not bad at all for a first sig. Did you show anybody in the Sig Request thread, cause they give some really helpful tips.

not yet. Figured I show the Jags fans first

jag
12-22-2006, 04:30 PM
Driving down to Milwaukee tomorow, and I'll be watching the Jags at a sports bar in town. Lets hope for a victory. :)

12-22-2006, 05:03 PM
What should I wear for the game?
Black Rashean Mathis
Teal Jimmy Smith
Black MJD

jag
12-22-2006, 05:26 PM
Teal Jimmy.

12-22-2006, 05:26 PM
Black Rashean Mathis
Teal Jimmy Smith
Black MJD

Blue Peyton Manning

jag
12-22-2006, 05:30 PM
Black Rashean Mathis
Teal Jimmy Smith
Black MJD

Blue Peyton Manning

So how's winter treatin ya?

nshelat1
12-22-2006, 07:24 PM
by the way, any ideas where to find a jaguars jersey (any player) on the cheap? I am looking for MJD specifically, but any player would do. You know, to have something new to wear on gameday. New peferably, but used would do just fine as well.

Oh and any idea where to find a jags brunell jersey?

The Unseen
12-22-2006, 07:28 PM
Black Rashean Mathis
Teal Jimmy Smith
Black MJD

Teal Leftwich. Shoe's on the other foot now!

by the way, any ideas where to find a jaguars jersey (any player) on the cheap? I am looking for MJD specifically, but any player would do. You know, to have something new to wear on gameday. New peferably, but used would do just fine as well.

http://jaguars.teamfanshop.com/

nshelat1
12-23-2006, 10:29 AM
Black Rashean Mathis
Teal Jimmy Smith
Black MJD

Teal Leftwich. Shoe's on the other foot now!

http://jaguars.teamfanshop.com/

Hmm...interesting. I was thinking something a bit cheaper would be on par with my college budget but maybe I can fit into a youth jersey? Anyone have experience with this? You think a Youth XL would fit someone who is 5'9, 160 and slim/toned? Might buy in bulk then.

12-23-2006, 12:04 PM
O/U 50% we beat the Patriots?

yourfavestoner
12-23-2006, 01:43 PM

I just thought about it...I bet the oddsmakers in Vegas have nightmares with this team since we're so unpredictable.

The Unseen
12-23-2006, 02:24 PM

I just thought about it...I bet the oddsmakers in Vegas have nightmares with this team since we're so unpredictable.

No, we're predictable. Lose on the road after wins, win at home all the time. Texans are exceptions to both.

We're predictable, just in the wrong way.

12-23-2006, 02:25 PM
Would you guys mind if the Bucs borrowed Byron Leftwich?

The Unseen
12-23-2006, 02:31 PM

You'll have to give us the goods :wink:

yourfavestoner
12-24-2006, 02:54 AM

The Bucs don't have a single player I'd be interested in.

The Unseen
12-24-2006, 06:42 AM

Although, a top 5 pick is enticing...

yourfavestoner
12-24-2006, 11:49 AM

Although, a top 5 pick is enticing...

Sure, if we're picking Ted Ginn.

locseti
12-24-2006, 01:49 PM
where did David thomas come from?

smittyjs
12-24-2006, 01:53 PM
where did David thomas come from?Texas :wink:

yourfavestoner
12-24-2006, 02:01 PM
where did David thomas come from?Texas :wink:

Yessir. He was Vince Young's favorite target.

yourfavestoner
12-24-2006, 03:13 PM
Alright, I officially hate David Garrard.

The Unseen
12-24-2006, 03:26 PM
Via the Gameday Thread:

Okay.

That sucked.

Instead of a Good Bad Ugly, I'm pulling out a little Big Board (heh) for the offseason, seeing as the chance for getting into the playoffs are slim to none.

1. Do something at QB. Trade Garrard. Trade Leftwich. Trade up to get X quarterback in the draft...just do something. Maybe both QBs getting better in the offseason will help.

2. Sign Kevin Curtis. If you can. He's the speed guy that this offense needs.

3. Draft a defensive playmaker. Whether a safety, LB, or DE, it doesn't hurt to pick a guy like Michael Griffin or Reggie Nelson up to strengthen an already-potent attack.

4. Get Magic Healing Potion. Try to cheapskate a wizard for some...it might help for next season.

12-24-2006, 03:59 PM
Fu@k u garrard

nshelat1
12-24-2006, 06:09 PM
well the good news is that we still have a chance, here is our scenario:

Wild Card #2 Spot:
Criteria #1: We win against Kansas City (Jax is 9-7; KC is 8-8)
Criteria #2: Tenessee loses to New England (Tenessee is 8-8)
Criteria #3: New York Jets lose 1 of 2 games or more (Jets are 9-7 --> Jags win due to H2H)
Criteria #4a: If Denver wins today: Cincy MUST lose next game (Cincy is 8-8)*
Criteria #4b: If Cincy wins today: Denver MUST lose next game (Denver is 8-8)**

The Unseen
12-24-2006, 06:23 PM
Five scenarios...

...fantastic :(

12-24-2006, 07:24 PM

Wild Card #2 Spot:
Criteria #3: New York Jets lose 1 of 2 games or more (Jets are 9-7 --> Jags win due to H2H)
Criteria #4b: If Cincy wins today: Denver MUST lose next game (Denver is 8-8)** We hold the tiebreaker over TEN :?

nshelat1
12-24-2006, 07:49 PM

Wild Card #2 Spot:
Criteria #4b: If Cincy wins today: Denver MUST lose next game (Denver is 8-8)** We hold the tiebreaker over TEN :?

No we dont.

From NFL.com
TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION
If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs
1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.

Head to head we tie with Tenessee. But Tie-breaker #2 is divisonal record and they sport a 4-2 record and us, well we have a 2-4 record.

The Unseen
12-24-2006, 08:12 PM
It just doesn't click to me that the Jaguars are now third in the division behind the Titans.

oi

smittyjs
12-24-2006, 08:14 PM
It just doesn't click to me that the Jaguars are now third in the division behind the Titans.

oi :lol: :D 8)

The Unseen
12-24-2006, 08:18 PM

oi :lol: :D 8)

VYisaFleep

yourfavestoner
12-25-2006, 02:51 AM
Jesus Christ, we've only won two divisional games this year? Bleh.

The Unseen
12-25-2006, 07:07 AM
Jesus Christ, we've only won two divisional games this year? Bleh.

Party like it's 2004...

leftwich7
12-25-2006, 09:02 AM
what the heck man. i told everybody Garrard is not "that guy" who can lead the jaguars to anything more than a playoff berth (if that). the jags have to give byron one last chance and if he screws it up...a little Chad Henne, maybe some Erik Ainge, even Brian Brohm (because i don't think he is coming out) and don't forget Sam Keller at Nebraska

12-25-2006, 10:01 AM
Two words boys Colt Brennan we should wait and give b-left another go anmd then take a QB next year :D

King Rhabuf
12-25-2006, 10:11 AM
Is it just me or is Garrard a ******* turnover machine? Good lord. Hes costing you guys game.

For all the talent you guys have, you should be a 10 win team.

12-25-2006, 01:14 PM
Is it just me or is Garrard a *********** turnover machine? Good lord. Hes costing you guys game.

For all the talent you guys have, you should be a 10 win team. We could win 12

King Rhabuf
12-25-2006, 01:45 PM
Is it just me or is Garrard a *********** turnover machine? Good lord. Hes costing you guys game.

For all the talent you guys have, you should be a 10 win team. We could win 12

I agree.

On paper you guys have quite a team, and I really like the personnel you bring to the table.

leftwich7
12-25-2006, 01:46 PM
this season has been so damn dissapointing. can we please hold LJ because given a chance in the wild card, i think we can do it...

12-25-2006, 02:20 PM
I want to cry :cry: :cry: :cry:

The Unseen
12-25-2006, 02:29 PM

For all the talent you guys have, you should be a 10 win team.

He's a career backup. And he's shown why.

Really, this season has had alot to do with injuries, but the passing game, wide receivers included, has been the bane of Jax.

yourfavestoner
12-25-2006, 04:39 PM
This isn't new behavior by Garrard, either. He was constantly throwing balls right into the hands of defenders last year, too. This year, the defense just happens to be taking the ball away.

ImBrotherMatthew
12-25-2006, 05:53 PM
Hell Im ready to give Quinn Gray a chance maybe he will be better than the turnover machine...Damn

nshelat1
12-25-2006, 06:22 PM
In other news... Vince Manuwai resigned to a long-term (?) deal.

JACKSONVILLE -- Four-year veteran Vincent Manuwai, half of a Jacksonville Jaguars' guard duet that has emerged in 2006 as one of the NFL's top interior blocking tandems, has agreed to a long-term contract extension with the team.

Terms of the extension, which was confirmed by team sources, were not yet available. Manuwai was not available in the Jacksonville locker room on Sunday evening following the Jaguars' loss to the New England Patriots.

The deal keeps Manuwai, who has been a starter at left guard since his 2003 rookie season with the Jags, off the unrestricted free agent market in the spring. Manuwai played the 2006 season for a base salary of $721,600, the one-year qualifying offer for a restricted free agent.

While guards don't always cash in big in free agency, Manuwai would almost certainly have generated a lot of suitors. The former University of Hawaii star is a durable performer, only 26 years old, and has gotten better every year in the league.

Many pro personnel directors around the NFL feel that Manuwai has performed at a Pro Bowl level this season, although he was not selected for the annual all-star game. Jaguars right guard Chris Naeole also has enjoyed a stellar season, and the play of the two is a big factor for a unit that entered the weekend ranked as the NFL's second-best rushing offense.

A third-round choice in the 2003 draft, and projected to be taken much higher, Manuwai came into the NFL as a pure mauler in the running game. But his technique has improved every season and, while he remains a tough in-line blocker, Manuwai has learned to use his hands well, and his pass protection skills have been enhanced as a result.

In four seasons, Manuwai has appeared in 62 of a possible 63 games, all but one of them as a starter.

Len Pasquarelli is an NFL senior writer for ESPN.com.

The Unseen
12-25-2006, 06:59 PM
In other news... Vince Manuwai resigned to a long-term (?) deal.

JACKSONVILLE -- Four-year veteran Vincent Manuwai, half of a Jacksonville Jaguars' guard duet that has emerged in 2006 as one of the NFL's top interior blocking tandems, has agreed to a long-term contract extension with the team.

Terms of the extension, which was confirmed by team sources, were not yet available. Manuwai was not available in the Jacksonville locker room on Sunday evening following the Jaguars' loss to the New England Patriots.

The deal keeps Manuwai, who has been a starter at left guard since his 2003 rookie season with the Jags, off the unrestricted free agent market in the spring. Manuwai played the 2006 season for a base salary of $721,600, the one-year qualifying offer for a restricted free agent.

While guards don't always cash in big in free agency, Manuwai would almost certainly have generated a lot of suitors. The former University of Hawaii star is a durable performer, only 26 years old, and has gotten better every year in the league.

Many pro personnel directors around the NFL feel that Manuwai has performed at a Pro Bowl level this season, although he was not selected for the annual all-star game. Jaguars right guard Chris Naeole also has enjoyed a stellar season, and the play of the two is a big factor for a unit that entered the weekend ranked as the NFL's second-best rushing offense.

A third-round choice in the 2003 draft, and projected to be taken much higher, Manuwai came into the NFL as a pure mauler in the running game. But his technique has improved every season and, while he remains a tough in-line blocker, Manuwai has learned to use his hands well, and his pass protection skills have been enhanced as a result.

In four seasons, Manuwai has appeared in 62 of a possible 63 games, all but one of them as a starter.

Len Pasquarelli is an NFL senior writer for ESPN.com.

Like I said in the NFL thread...good news.

yourfavestoner
12-25-2006, 07:05 PM
Very good news. I still want them to find a place on the line for Norman, though. That kid's a beast, and he can play any position. He was great last year when filling in for Meester, and he was virtually flawless when he stepped in for Barnes against Houston.

One of our jars on the shelf. :wink:

The Unseen
12-25-2006, 07:13 PM
Very good news. I still want them to find a place on the line for Norman, though. That kid's a beast, and he can play any position. He was great last year when filling in for Meester, and he was virtually flawless when he stepped in for Barnes against Houston.

One of our jars on the shelf. :wink:

Kinda off to the side here, but Vic is really looking stupid for how much he was pimping the Jaguars pre-Tennessee. "Real division champions", "Like the Ravens of 2000", "Capable of doing something like the Steelers last year".

I know, I know. It was just predictions, and it's what I've and ever Jags fan hoped, but they were pretty lofty, and now they've been shot down.

12-26-2006, 11:07 AM
Jets won all hope is lost :cry:

nshelat1
12-26-2006, 02:19 PM

Well...not yet.

Basically, we're banking on:
Tenessee to lose to New England :)
New York Jets to lose to Oakland :cry:
Cincinatti Bengals to lose to Pittsburgh :?

Oh yeah. And we have to win as well. Our fate will be decided before the late-afternoon games.

GO JAGS!!!!

The Unseen
12-26-2006, 03:23 PM

Well...not yet.

Basically, we're banking on:
Tenessee to lose to New England :)
New York Jets to lose to Oakland :cry:
Cincinatti Bengals to lose to Pittsburgh :?

Oh yeah. And we have to win as well. Our fate will be decided before the late-afternoon games.

GO JAGS!!!!

Chances are slim, but one must hold out hope, I suppose.

draftguru151
12-26-2006, 06:15 PM
You guys resigned Manuwai, I hate you. :evil:

The Unseen
12-26-2006, 06:36 PM

Not my fault :wink:

12-26-2006, 07:17 PM
NE will rest there startes oak is oak and cincy will more than likely kill pitt

draftguru151
12-26-2006, 08:49 PM

Yes it is. :evil:

The Unseen
12-27-2006, 08:23 AM

Yes it is. :evil:

whatevah

jag
12-28-2006, 02:30 AM
I've been gone for a while and all I can say is... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

The Unseen
12-28-2006, 07:45 AM
I've been gone for a while and all I can say is... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Yeah...look how lame our six page thread is...the other thread woulda had, like 25 pages.

leftwich7
12-28-2006, 10:04 AM
lets be honest, for all the people who still have hope, the jets won't lose to oakland and the bungals sure as hell won't lose to pitt. just and the season and get byron some reps and david a coach on how NOT to turn the ball over in the 4th quarter

The Unseen
12-28-2006, 10:22 AM
lets be honest, for all the people who still have hope, the jets won't lose to oakland and the bungals sure as hell won't lose to pitt. just and the season and get byron some reps and david a coach on how NOT to turn the ball over in the 4th quarter

I know, I know. It's just the fan-like thing to do.

And I do wanna finish things out with a win anyways.

jag
12-28-2006, 11:13 AM
I could care less if we win or lose in this one. The thing that got me through that last loss was. "Hey, if we lose out we have a sweet draft spot."

Laron Landry anyone?

KFL
12-28-2006, 01:42 PM
I could care less if we win or lose in this one. The thing that got me through that last loss was. "Hey, if we lose out we have a sweet draft spot."

Laron Landry anyone?

I agree. If our playoff hopes are over I wouldn't mind a loss. It hurts to say it but hey lets face reality.

The Unseen
12-28-2006, 02:23 PM

Laron Landry anyone?

Meh, I'm not a big fan of that. You can't really predict how the draft will fall and such, so you just want to win.

yourfavestoner
12-28-2006, 04:32 PM

Laron Landry anyone?

Meh, I'm not a big fan of that. You can't really predict how the draft will fall and such, so you just want to win.

I agree. Plus, I don't really want Landry.

The Unseen
12-28-2006, 04:55 PM
And besides, the Jaguars play at the same time (1:00 EST) as all of the other "decisive" games, so they need to play to win.

BehrenMan007
12-28-2006, 05:37 PM
So is Leftwich done or what?
Will they trade or cut him in the off-season

What will they do with their RB scenario for next year with Fred Taylor, Mo Drew, Alvin Pearman, LaBrandon Toefield, and Greg Jones?

JagHombre22
12-28-2006, 09:38 PM
look for the FO to keep Byron around for his final season on his contract...and if he produces and plays well, they'll probably resign him...I only see them trading Garrard for maybe a third or fourth rounder...but I dont' think that'll happen so they'll duel it out in training camp and the winner becomes the starter...likely to be Leftwich....he's a great QB when given the right tools (I.E. a good WR core, great RB's, a stellar offensive line, good TE's)...he just needs to stay healthy (he looked great in 2005 before he got injured)

The FO will probably let go of Pearman or Toefield, but I wouldn't be surprised if they found a way to keep all of them...they've all contributed before and are pretty decent at what they do (Toe runs the ball hard on third down, Pearman is decent at punt returns, MOJO is an absolute beast, Taylor while getting older is keeping his legs fresh and had another 1000 yard season, and Greg Jones will soon be back to pounding out touchdowns in the red zone)

also look for the Jags to let Deon "I arm tackle WR's so get over it" Grant walk this offseason, he's a free agent and with the talented depth at safety in this years draft I wouldn't be surprised...the team could also make a run for Kevin Curtis of the Ram's, he's also a free agent....

yourfavestoner
12-28-2006, 10:31 PM
So is Leftwich done or what?
Will they trade or cut him in the off-season

What will they do with their RB scenario for next year with Fred Taylor, Mo Drew, Alvin Pearman, LaBrandon Toefield, and Greg Jones?

No, Leftwich is not done. All of the "trade Leftwich" rumors were nothing more than speculation by the media and fans, and never really had any merit.

LaBrandon Toefield is a free agent, as more than likely won't be resigned. Taylor, Mo Drew, and Greg Jones will share carries, while Jones will start at fullback again also.

leftwich7
12-28-2006, 11:24 PM
so then what is the situation at FS. Grant simply can't cut it, do we possibly have Sensabaugh slide over and play with Darius or do we move Brian Williams over to FS and slide Starks/Cousin into the starting CB role.

yourfavestoner
12-29-2006, 02:22 AM
so then what is the situation at FS. Grant simply can't cut it, do we possibly have Sensabaugh slide over and play with Darius or do we move Brian Williams over to FS and slide Starks/Cousin into the starting CB role.

I think there are two likely scenarios.

One is that we draft a safety on the first day, and he, Sensabaugh, and Darius will battle it out for the two starting safety spots.

Another is we draft a corner and sit him for a year. Sensabaugh will take over at FS. The next year, Darius' contract will be up, and he'll be 35 anyways. Sensabaugh will slide into the SS spot, our new corner will be ready to start, and Brian Williams will move to FS.

Either way, I think Sensabaugh is going to be starting somewhere in the secondary next year.

The Unseen
12-29-2006, 07:19 AM
look for the FO to keep Byron around for his final season on his contract...and if he produces and plays well, they'll probably resign him...I only see them trading Garrard for maybe a third or fourth rounder...but I dont' think that'll happen so they'll duel it out in training camp and the winner becomes the starter...likely to be Leftwich....he's a great QB when given the right tools (I.E. a good WR core, great RB's, a stellar offensive line, good TE's)...he just needs to stay healthy (he looked great in 2005 before he got injured)

The FO will probably let go of Pearman or Toefield, but I wouldn't be surprised if they found a way to keep all of them...they've all contributed before and are pretty decent at what they do (Toe runs the ball hard on third down, Pearman is decent at punt returns, MOJO is an absolute beast, Taylor while getting older is keeping his legs fresh and had another 1000 yard season, and Greg Jones will soon be back to pounding out touchdowns in the red zone)

also look for the Jags to let Deon "I arm tackle WR's so get over it" Grant walk this offseason, he's a free agent and with the talented depth at safety in this years draft I wouldn't be surprised...the team could also make a run for Kevin Curtis of the Ram's, he's also a free agent....

Pretty much...

I think there are two likely scenarios.

One is that we draft a safety on the first day, and he, Sensabaugh, and Darius will battle it out for the two starting safety spots.

Another is we draft a corner and sit him for a year. Sensabaugh will take over at FS. The next year, Darius' contract will be up, and he'll be 35 anyways. Sensabaugh will slide into the SS spot, our new corner will be ready to start, and Brian Williams will move to FS.

Either way, I think Sensabaugh is going to be starting somewhere in the secondary next year.

Pretty much...

Although, word is that Del Rio likes Deon Grant as a leader/person, so we'll see.

The Unseen
12-29-2006, 09:53 AM
According to Vic, Ingram will not be fined for his hit: http://www.jaguars.com/news/article.aspx?id=5763

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m206/kmk4kings/brady.gif

niiiiiice

yourfavestoner
12-29-2006, 01:17 PM
Although, word is that Del Rio likes Deon Grant as a leader/person, so we'll see.

I've heard that Campo really likes him, too, and has said that he's the most intelligent defensive back he's ever coached.

The problem is that we signed him to be a playmaker in the secondary, and he's had more mental lapses than big plays. However, if he were to resign to a palatable deal, I'd have no problem seeing him come back.

JagHombre22
12-29-2006, 02:22 PM
Sensabaugh will probably be starting next year...I don't see us bringing back Deon Grant, we'll most likely draft a Safety in the first round and let the safety split time with Sensabaugh....I agree that Sensabaugh will take over for Darius after next season...some say that we could trade Darius this offseason, while I dont' see that happening...Brian Williams is too valuable at the CB position to even think about moving him...

Grant has played miserable this season, last season he was alright, and the season before that was his best...he's given up big play after big play...Reggie Nelson is atop of everyone's draft board at the safety position, after that it's Michael Griffin...who is a beast as well...one of those guys will be on the roster next season unless they somehow draft Jamarcus Russel?

12-29-2006, 08:27 PM
O/U
15%
We make the playoffs

cheesehead10790
12-29-2006, 08:29 PM
O/U
15%
We make the playoffs

Over 25

draftguru151
12-29-2006, 08:43 PM
Is Leftwich a FA?

The Unseen
12-29-2006, 08:45 PM
Is Leftwich a FA?

No. Next year is the last year of his contract.

nshelat1
12-31-2006, 12:52 PM
Well, dont give up hope yet. All our scenarios are working out great and while the Raiders arent winning the game, at least its close.

nshelat1
12-31-2006, 02:40 PM
Well it looks like we'll end up getting the boot from the playoffs as NYJ has a commanding lead with little time left. Best case scenario now is that we lose our game (likely), and hope that all the games end up as they are now. If Cincy and Tenessee both lose, we end up picking 18 or 19 IIRC.

The Unseen
12-31-2006, 03:20 PM
Good game, fun way to end the season. My last good-bad-ugly:

Good: Quinn Gray...hmmm....

Gus Johnson's manlove of Quinn Gray singlehandedly made my day.

Bad: Defense. They got torn up out there.

Ugly: No playoffs. Ah well.

leftwich7
12-31-2006, 03:33 PM
quinn gray is not bad at all, does his performance really mean anything in the long run??

12-31-2006, 03:49 PM
quinn gray is not bad at all, does his performance really mean anything in the long run?? No this offically starts the race for troy smith/chris leak

yourfavestoner
12-31-2006, 07:00 PM
quinn gray is not bad at all, does his performance really mean anything in the long run?? No this offically starts the race for troy smith/chris leak

I wish you were joking, but I know you aren't.

12-31-2006, 07:15 PM

I wish you were joking, but I know you aren't. Mike Tice and the whole team are possesed to haveing a black QB

villagewarrior
12-31-2006, 07:50 PM
Hey, Chiefs fan wanna say good game to you Jags fans. That was a fun game, and while things didn't work out for you guys, I really think you guys will be even better next year, especially with those two d tackles, can't go wrong with those guys.

And where the hell did Quinn Gray come from? That guy was impressive, although I have to wonder how much of that came from him playing the Chiefs defense. They really have a hard time with backup QBs, ask Derek Anderson.

The Unseen
12-31-2006, 08:06 PM

I wish you were joking, but I know you aren't. Mike Tice and the whole team are possesed to haveing a black QB

:?

CARDIAC CAT 7
12-31-2006, 11:52 PM
Jacksonville definently wins the award for choke team of the year. If we would of beat the Texans, Redskins, or the Bills we would be singing a different song right now.

yourfavestoner
12-31-2006, 11:55 PM

:?

Ignore him. He hasn't shown anything remotely close to intelligence since he's been here.

yourfavestoner
01-01-2007, 02:19 AM
Well, I suppose it's time for offseason discussion around here. :(

It's pretty clear that the biggest question going into the offseason is at quarterback. Gray coming in and playing fairly well muddles the situation even more.

The big question I have to ask about Gray is this: you're Jack Del Rio and you see these guys practice day in and day out. What makes you put Garrard over Gray on the depth chart?

I see the same scrambling ability with Gray than I do with Garrard, except I see better pocket awareness, and a better arm on medium and deep passes. Of course, decision making is a concern, as we really don't know Gray tendencies, but Garrard hasn't really shown much except his usual make one read and then take off routine.

After this season, I think it's pretty safe to say that Leftwich is the best quarterback on this team, and I don't think we're getting rid of any of these guys until training camp at the SOONEST. The problem with Leftwich, however, is how high maintenance he is.

In my opinion, the real quarterback competition is going to be between Garrard and Gray for the backup spot.

The Unseen
01-01-2007, 04:20 AM
Well, I suppose it's time for offseason discussion around here. :(

It's pretty clear that the biggest question going into the offseason is at quarterback. Gray coming in and playing fairly well muddles the situation even more.

The big question I have to ask about Gray is this: you're Jack Del Rio and you see these guys practice day in and day out. What makes you put Garrard over Gray on the depth chart?

I see the same scrambling ability with Gray than I do with Garrard, except I see better pocket awareness, and a better arm on medium and deep passes. Of course, decision making is a concern, as we really don't know Gray tendencies, but Garrard hasn't really shown much except his usual make one read and then take off routine.

After this season, I think it's pretty safe to say that Leftwich is the best quarterback on this team, and I don't think we're getting rid of any of these guys until training camp at the SOONEST. The problem with Leftwich, however, is how high maintenance he is.

In my opinion, the real quarterback competition is going to be between Garrard and Gray for the backup spot.

I would have to agree. While he looked great out there early on, things started catching up with him late in the game. After all, he got away with a bad pick because of roughing-the-passer. It kinda makes me wonder if Gray is about level with Garrard, but we really don't know. He would have to start more games, and the Jaguars really can't afford that.

While I don't think Gray exactly won a higher roster slot yesterday, you have to wonder if it solidifies the Jags FO's opinion on their QB situation concering an attempt to get someone else via FA or the draft. I think they believe in the guys they have, and although all three need to improve in certain areas, they know that some of the blame needs to be partitioned to the wideouts.

01-01-2007, 01:28 PM
I think B-Left should get another chance and if that dosent work out we should go with Colt Brennan in next years draft thoughts?

JagHombre22
01-01-2007, 03:11 PM
Colt Brennan is a product of "throw the ball 50 times a game" system in Hawaii...

01-01-2007, 05:20 PM
If the Jags were going to trade Byron Leftwich to OAK what would you guys rather have , oaklands 2nd pick or Joey Porter or Randy Moss.

This is to settle a bet

01-01-2007, 06:00 PM
If the Jags were going to trade Byron Leftwich to OAK what would you guys rather have , oaklands 2nd pick or Joey Porter or Randy Moss.

This is to settle a bet Draft pick

The Unseen
01-01-2007, 06:38 PM

This is to settle a bet

Second pick.

iloxygenil
01-02-2007, 12:20 AM
I heard a rumor that Jacksonville may be interested in Matt Schaub? Is there any validity to this?

The Unseen
01-02-2007, 06:19 AM
I heard a rumor that Jacksonville may be interested in Matt Schaub? Is there any validity to this?

No...it's just connect-the-dots hype.

iloxygenil
01-02-2007, 10:15 AM
Thanks, I didn't figure they would be...but *shrug*

The Unseen
01-02-2007, 06:24 PM
Carl Smith, Steve Walters, Ken Anderson, and Pete Rodriguez are all fired, per JDR on his radio show tonight. My thoughts on another board:

Wow.

I expected Rodriguez and Anderson to get the boot, but I thought Del Rio had more faith in Carl.

I just said that I wouldn't be shocked, but maybe the sheer slaying that just occured got me. Five guys?

I've never had a huge beef with Carl Smith. Granted he's not the greatest OC in the world, and he could be lent to more creativity, but I'm first to blame players over coaches in the game, and what I see is a team that has had a great running game but some inconsistency at QB and sheer mediocrity at WR.

JDR's itchy trigger finger with firing coaches is a bit disturbing. Oh well, we'll see. Nobody was lying when they said it would be a "fun offseason".

yourfavestoner
01-02-2007, 10:09 PM
Well, I assume that we'll hear that Tice is going to be our offensive coordinator any day now. I'm certainly not against the idea. Just look at what he did for our running game and for the development of Wrighster. But the biggest knock on him is that he's not very good at making in-game adjustments.

I agree with your sentiments on Smith, too. Players>plays, and this team simply didn't have the personnel to be a dominant or consistent offense. Seems to me like a scapegoat move.

yourfavestoner
01-02-2007, 10:13 PM
And I found you, Unseen. You're INT on JagNation. :wink:

The Unseen
01-02-2007, 10:27 PM
And I found you, Unseen. You're INT on JagNation. :wink:

I thought you had me figured before...ah well.

So how does it make you feel? Sad? Happy? Enlightened?

Windy
01-02-2007, 10:29 PM
IT GON RAIN

http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/1088/ollie5tg.png

The Unseen
01-02-2007, 10:30 PM
IT GON RAIN

http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/1088/ollie5tg.png

I BLEEV IT BRDHWR

KFL
01-03-2007, 06:57 AM
Brian Brohm looked good last night. I sure hope he comes out and falls to us.

The Unseen
01-03-2007, 10:08 AM
Brian Brohm looked good last night. I sure hope he comes out and falls to us.

Eh, it depends. If Leftwich is gone, I'd like it, although I'm wary of having to start a new rookie QB two times in four years.

jag
01-03-2007, 11:34 AM
But Brohm can actually throw the ball.

CARDIAC CAT 7
01-03-2007, 12:39 PM
But Brohm can actually throw the ball.
Are you kidding me Leftwich has one of the best arms in the NFL, sure sometimes he throws rocket balls. But the problem with Leftwich is not his arm, its his legs. Anyways, I like Tice and I hope they promote him.

Found this list of Free Agents dont know if you've seen them all:
Unrestricted Free Agents:
RB LaBrandon Toefield (hardworker, but hes not needed)
WR Cortez Hankton (solid 4th reciever, reliable hands)
TE Kyle Brady (probably retire)
OT Wayne Hunter (Mike Williams back next year, Hunter not needed)
DE Marcellus Wiley (probably retire)
DT Tony Williams (4th string DT, not needed)
LB Tony Gilbert (decent Special Teamer, thats it though)
S Deon Grant (hopefully resigned,if not resigned, this is probably Jacksonville's 1st round pick)
Restricted Free Agents:
QB Quinn Gray (very good 3rd string QB)
WR Earnest Wilford (most consistent WR, need him back)
TE Brian Jones ( heard hes got potential, but 4th string TE?)
DE Bobby McCray (BEAST, hopefully no one goes after him)
DE Elton Patterson (dont remeber ever seeing him play?)
LB Jorge Cordova (solid player)
CB Ahmad Carroll (who cares)
PK Josh Scobee (solid young kicker)

Just my opinions

jag
01-03-2007, 01:37 PM
Leftwich has yet to show he can put touch on the ball consistently. Brian Brohm on the other hand has, I'd much rather have Brohm than Byron. Just my opinion.

yourfavestoner
01-03-2007, 01:56 PM
Leftwich has yet to show he can put touch on the ball consistently. Brian Brohm on the other hand has, I'd much rather have Brohm than Byron. Just my opinion.

If he's the BAP when we're selecting, then I'm all for it. He'll sit behind Leftwich/Garrard/Gray for a year, and then will probably take over the year after.

There shouldn't be a big panic to win it all now. We're one of the youngest teams in the league, and most, if not all, of our core players are signed long term.

CARDIAC CAT 7
01-03-2007, 02:06 PM
The Jaguars this offseason really need to get better depth on D. It seems like every year Jacksonville has a handful of quality starters go down. This year for instance:
R. Hayward (put on IR early)
M. Stroud (missed almost half of the season)
M. Peterson (put on IR mid way)
D. Darius (put on IR late)
Im betting Brohm wont come out because he could be first pick next year. With that out of the way, I think Paul Posluszney or Laron Landry would best fit what Jacksonville needs. I like Griesen more as a backup, and Laron Landry if Deon Grant doesn't get signed. I guess they could put Landry at SS but I really like Sensabaugh, what do you guys think of him?

yourfavestoner
01-03-2007, 04:13 PM
The Jaguars this offseason really need to get better depth on D. It seems like every year Jacksonville has a handful of quality starters go down. This year for instance:
R. Hayward (put on IR early)
M. Stroud (missed almost half of the season)
M. Peterson (put on IR mid way)
D. Darius (put on IR late)
Im betting Brohm wont come out because he could be first pick next year. With that out of the way, I think Paul Posluszney or Laron Landry would best fit what Jacksonville needs. I like Griesen more as a backup, and Laron Landry if Deon Grant doesn't get signed. I guess they could put Landry at SS but I really like Sensabaugh, what do you guys think of him?

I like Landry as a prospect, but I don't really like the idea of taking a safety in the first round unless hes a physical freak, or if he's a downright playmaker. Landry is more of a solid player who does everything well, but nothing great. I think Reggie Nelson would be a better fit for us, as we need a safety who is a playmaker and can roam around deep in coverage. I wouldn't be entirely opposed to taking Merriweather in the second round, either, granted the team thinks his actions at the brawl were a one-time thing.

The same thing goes for Pos. I just don't see anything "special" about him that would make me want to spend a first round pick on him. He's solid, yes, but there are solid guys all throughout the draft.

CARDIAC CAT 7
01-03-2007, 06:21 PM
Forgot about Reggie Nelson (hopefully he comes out like the rumors say) he would be a good fit. One of their first three picks has to be in the front seven though they need some depth for pass rushing.

leftwich7
01-03-2007, 07:24 PM
i really don't think Brohm will come out and if next year's QB situation is a disaster then you can look to a guy like Henne,Ainge,Keller,or even Booty if he has a great senior year. but this year, OLB and DE are very needed and resigning Grant and Wilford should be high priorities

JagHombre22
01-03-2007, 09:34 PM
OLB and DE are not "great" needs...McCray, Spicer and Meier are great in rotation....if we drafted a LB where would he go?? We are not going to switch to a 3-4, so who would sit...my suggestion would be no one...Ingram is a tackling machine with great upside, Darly Smith is back at his natural position which made him a high second round pick to begin with, and Mike Peterson will wreak havoc on the outside (also his natural position)....

Deon Grant is as good as gone, he rejected the Jags initial offer to resign so I don't see the FO giving in to a guy who hasn't really done much here...except arm tackle...Reggie Nelson will probably be gone by the time it's up for us to pick, if Ted Ginn is there, I'd expect consideration for him...but I think we might have an ace up our sleeve where we would trade up to get a Landry or Nelson...so who knows, we could actually wind up with the possibility of picking Jamarcus Russell (who has looked stellar in the Sugar Bowl)...who knows...

The Unseen
01-03-2007, 09:58 PM
Yeah, I heard about the reject, so I'm guessing it's bye for him. That would make safety officially a need.

If the Jaguars trade Leftwich, I would not be opposed to taking a QB, but it's down my list for what I want to see happen.

yourfavestoner
01-03-2007, 11:31 PM
OLB and DE are not "great" needs...McCray, Spicer and Meier are great in rotation....if we drafted a LB where would he go?? We are not going to switch to a 3-4, so who would sit...my suggestion would be no one...Ingram is a tackling machine with great upside, Darly Smith is back at his natural position which made him a high second round pick to begin with, and Mike Peterson will wreak havoc on the outside (also his natural position)....

Deon Grant is as good as gone, he rejected the Jags initial offer to resign so I don't see the FO giving in to a guy who hasn't really done much here...except arm tackle...Reggie Nelson will probably be gone by the time it's up for us to pick, if Ted Ginn is there, I'd expect consideration for him...but I think we might have an ace up our sleeve where we would trade up to get a Landry or Nelson...so who knows, we could actually wind up with the possibility of picking Jamarcus Russell (who has looked stellar in the Sugar Bowl)...who knows...

They're not great needs, but if the best available player happens to be playing one of those positions, then I wouldn't hesitate to draft him. Those positions are far more valuable than safety, and a quality safety is much easier to find.

I know we have a good rotation at defensive end, but consider a couple of factors. At defensive end both Spicer and Wiley are over 30; obody knows if Reggie Hayward will recover fully from his achilles tear; and Meier is a defensive tackle who has played end because of need. It certainly wouldn't hurt to develop another nice, young, defensive end, as you can never have too many of them.

Also, at linebacker, we have to think about drafting Mike Peterson's replacement sooner rather than later.

leftwich7
01-03-2007, 11:48 PM
i'm not opposed to trading leftwich and somehow coming up with the impossible: getting LSU stars Russell and Landry, that would be nice because Russell reminds me of Leftwich without the windup and a little more mobility

jag
01-04-2007, 09:55 AM
I'm a very big fan of Reggie Nelson, so I'd be happy with that pick.

leftwich7
01-04-2007, 10:52 AM

that would also be nice, Nelson and Mathis combine for about 100 pounds of hair as well as double digit INT.

yourfavestoner
01-04-2007, 12:14 PM

So would I. And we're going to be picking in the middle of the first round, right where he's expected to go.

jag
01-04-2007, 05:01 PM
I'm really starting to love that loss to KC (though I could do without it) it's really opened things up this offseason, and in the end I think will help more than anything.

yourfavestoner
01-04-2007, 07:48 PM
Our thread was acting weird again...

jag
01-04-2007, 07:49 PM
I think this thread is mantastic.

The Unseen
01-04-2007, 07:56 PM
I think this thread is mantastic.

This thread is fabuuulooouuuusss!!!

yourfavestoner
01-04-2007, 07:59 PM
http://fab.nang-nang.net/top.jpg

jag
01-04-2007, 08:01 PM
Cato.

The Unseen
01-04-2007, 08:12 PM
Cato.

Duck duck goose

yourfavestoner
01-04-2007, 08:24 PM
Cato.

Duck duck goose

Boomshakalaka.

jag
01-04-2007, 08:59 PM
Meow Mix.

jag
01-04-2007, 09:01 PM
Pyaaaaaaaaaaaa!

The Unseen
01-04-2007, 09:13 PM
One Ring, to rule them all, one ring to bind them, one ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

The Unseen
01-04-2007, 09:15 PM
In other news: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2720485&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

I would support both, although I do have to wonder about Koetter's pass-happy tendencies in college.

yourfavestoner
01-04-2007, 09:19 PM
They're armed with five-five-sixers and pineapples.

The Unseen
01-04-2007, 09:22 PM

I'd QFT if I knew the T that I was QF

yourfavestoner
01-04-2007, 09:31 PM

I'd QFT if I knew the T that I was QF

:lol: It's a Snake quote. Original Metal Gear Solid.

jag
01-04-2007, 09:39 PM
This thread is getting quote dank. So i'm gonna say...

JIMMY SMITH FTW!!!

yourfavestoner
01-04-2007, 09:46 PM
DAVID GARRARD FTL!!!!

slightlyaraiderfan
01-04-2007, 09:48 PM
Wow

You Jag fans are weirdos. :shock:

The Unseen
01-04-2007, 09:49 PM
ROB JOHNSON FTFT!!!!

The Unseen
01-04-2007, 09:50 PM
Wow

You Jag fans are weirdos. :shock:

you betta recognize

jag
01-04-2007, 09:55 PM
mmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

The Unseen
01-04-2007, 10:01 PM
mmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Skweyred.

jag
01-04-2007, 10:03 PM
Unseen is a dweeb. And don't ever forget it!

The Unseen
01-04-2007, 10:03 PM
Unseen is a dweeb. And don't ever forget it!

durrrrrrrrrrrrr *drools*

jag
01-04-2007, 10:06 PM
Coffee cake is good for the soul. Just ask Stoner.

The Unseen
01-04-2007, 10:07 PM

I like coffee cake...sans pot

jag
01-04-2007, 10:08 PM

I like coffee cake...sans pot
*gasp*

p.s- This thread just got JAG'D!

yourfavestoner
01-04-2007, 10:21 PM

I've never taken edibles, but, alas, it's only a matter of time.

And I've been sober for nearly a month, by the way. No booze, no weed, no cigarettes.

jag
01-04-2007, 10:24 PM
Congratulations. That's MANtastic.

The Unseen
01-05-2007, 06:39 AM
That'th bootiful, man.

Let'th thelebrate with a maenicyoor, okay sweetie?

leftwich7
01-05-2007, 11:00 AM
wow it seems i've missed a lot of stuff. if you quote anything the best thing to quote is seinfeld

jag
01-05-2007, 03:51 PM
"and then she died...."

"aww thats so sad george, i'm so sorry"

"ya thats awful"

"poor lilly...."

The Unseen
01-05-2007, 04:32 PM
"You're ruining Independent George!"

"And you wanna be my latex salesman..."

"I don't wanna be a pirate!"

jag
01-05-2007, 05:48 PM
*calls kramer*

"hey kramer i'm gonna go get some..."

*kramer explodes into room*

"yyaaaaa"

JT Jag
01-05-2007, 07:00 PM
"and then she died...."

"aww thats so sad george, i'm so sorry"

"ya thats awful"

"poor lilly....""So... you're not getting married."

"Yeah... I guess not."

jag
01-05-2007, 07:06 PM
"Theres a pig man!"

The Unseen
01-05-2007, 07:25 PM
"Is is statue or statute?"

"It's statue."

"George, is it statue or statute?"

"It's statute."

"See?"

"Well...I think you're both way off!"

(or something like that)

JT Jag
01-05-2007, 07:29 PM
"Oh, you're crazy."
"Am I? Or am I so sane that you just blew your mind?"
"It's impossible."
"Is it? Or is it so possible that your head is spinning like a top?"
"It can't be."
"Can't it? Or is your entire world just crashing down all around you?"
"Alright, that's enough."

The Unseen
01-05-2007, 07:42 PM
"Let me tell you something, funny boy... You know that little stamp? The one that says New York Public Library? Well, that may not mean anything to you, but that means a lot to me. One whole helluva lot. Sure, go ahead, laugh if you want to. I've seen your type before - flashy, making the scene, flaunting convention. Yeah, I know what you're thinking... Why's this guy making such a big stink about old library books? Let me give you a hint, junior. Maybe we can live without libraries, people like you and me.... Maybe. Sure, we're too old to change the world. What about that kid, sitting down, opening a book right now in a branch of the local library and finding pictures of pee-pees and wee-wees in The Cat in the Hat and The Five Chinese Brothers. Doesn't he deserve better? Look, if you think this is about overdue fines and missing books, you'd better think again. This is about that kid's right to read a book without getting his mind warped. Or maybe that turns you on, Seinfeld... Maybe that's how you get your kicks... You and your goodtime buddies... I've got a flash for you, joy boy. Partytime is over."

01-05-2007, 10:26 PM
I hate life without playoffs

jag
01-05-2007, 11:25 PM
"Let me tell you something, funny boy... You know that little stamp? The one that says New York Public Library? Well, that may not mean anything to you, but that means a lot to me. One whole helluva lot. Sure, go ahead, laugh if you want to. I've seen your type before - flashy, making the scene, flaunting convention. Yeah, I know what you're thinking... Why's this guy making such a big stink about old library books? Let me give you a hint, junior. Maybe we can live without libraries, people like you and me.... Maybe. Sure, we're too old to change the world. What about that kid, sitting down, opening a book right now in a branch of the local library and finding pictures of pee-pees and wee-wees in The Cat in the Hat and The Five Chinese Brothers. Doesn't he deserve better? Look, if you think this is about overdue fines and missing books, you'd better think again. This is about that kid's right to read a book without getting his mind warped. Or maybe that turns you on, Seinfeld... Maybe that's how you get your kicks... You and your goodtime buddies... I've got a flash for you, joy boy. Partytime is over."

:lol: :lol: That was one of the best ones.

smittyjs
01-05-2007, 11:30 PM
This is the most ramdom team thread ever.

yourfavestoner
01-06-2007, 12:18 AM
This is the most ramdom team thread ever.

We love it here.

JT Jag
01-06-2007, 12:39 AM
YAAAR

I'm starting a poll.

Who do you guys want as our OC, considering the candidates? This Koetter upstart, Tice, or Pola?

Alternatively, which do you think will end up being OC?

The Unseen
01-06-2007, 08:13 AM
I like the idea of Pola at OC and Koetter being the QB coach/passing coordinator. And I think that's what will happen.

jag
01-06-2007, 12:01 PM
Somebody who knows how to coach QB's.

Jay
01-06-2007, 02:00 PM
So I've been thinking about this and I think I have the best scenerio for the Jaguars next year:

-Trade Leftwich
-Keep Garrard if you want to, or just let him go
-Draft a QB early, my preference being Brian Brohm if he comes out
-Sign Jeff Garcia as a stop gap

I've said it before and I say it again, the QB situation in Jacksonville just isn't going to work, and this town doesn't want Leftwich. It's unfortunate, because maybe a new OC will call the plays to his strengths, but really, if I was Byron, I wouldn't want to come back here. The scenerio above is perfect, because the best thing for the Jags to do is just blow it all up and start over at the QB position. But that's just me...

yourfavestoner
01-06-2007, 02:29 PM
So I've been thinking about this and I think I have the best scenerio for the Jaguars next year:

-Trade Leftwich

I've said it before and I say it again, the QB situation in Jacksonville just isn't going to work, and this town doesn't want Leftwich. It's unfortunate, because maybe a new OC will call the plays to his strengths, but really, if I was Byron, I wouldn't want to come back here. The scenerio above is perfect, because the best thing for the Jags to do is just blow it all up and start over at the QB position. But that's just me...

I'm terrified at the prospect of having Garrard start 16 full games for us. I'd rather just have Leftwich play out the last year of his contract and ship Garrard off for what we can get for him. I really don't see any of the quarterbacks leaving, though, as Del Rio has declared an open competition for the starting job.

The Unseen
01-06-2007, 02:51 PM

-Trade Leftwich

I don't like any four options.

leftwich7
01-06-2007, 04:34 PM
eh, Leftwich deserves another chance without having to look over his shoulder because Garrard proved he can't be our starting quarterback. if leftwich doesn't want us back and we know that, well, lets go after JaMarcus Russell because we have a thing for african american (being PC) quarterbacks