PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Mock Draft #2

neko4
07-11-2007, 10:25 PM
1-Oakland-Jake Long OT Michigan (This pick is soley based on Gallery's performance)

2-Detroit- Calais Campbell DE MiamiU

3-Dallas (f/CLE)- James Hardy WR Indiana (The value may not be there yet, but with his size, a good year, and a good combine he might be draftable here)

4-Tampa Bay- Brian Brohm QB Louisville (Ive been hearing Simms aint doing to well, and Garcia is up there in age)

5-Arizona- Darren McFadden HB Arkansas (Edge's replacement)

6-Washington- Glenn Dorsey DT LSU (Reall any of the top 2 or 3 linemen would help)

7-Minnesota- Andre Woodson QB Kentucky (If Jackson doesnt live up to expectations)

8-Houston- Sam Baker OT USC

9-Miami- Gosder Cherilus OT Boston College

10-Atlanta- Frank Okam DT Texas

11-New England (f/SF)- Ali Highsmith LB LSU

12-Buffalo- James Laurinaitis LB Ohio St

13-St. Louis- Antoine Cason CB Arizona

14-Carolina- Fred Davis TE USC

15-Pittsburgh- John (Jeff?) Sullivan C Notre Dame

16-Green Bay- Limas Sweed WR Texas

17-Jacksonville- Colt Brennan QB Hawaii

18-Cinncinati- Kenny Phillips S MiamiU

19-Tennessee- Desean Jackson WR Cal

20-New York Giants- Ray Rice HB Rutgers

21-Denver- Ray Mauluga LB Florida

22-Dallas- Kenny Iwebama DE Iowa

23-Kansas City- Aqib Talib CB Kansas

24-New England- Mario Urrutia WR Louisville

25-New York Jets- Lawerence Jackson DE USC

26-Philadelphia- Derrick Harvey DE Florida

27-New Orleans- Malcolm Jenkins CB Ohio St

28-Seattle- Martin Rucker TE Mizzou

29-Baltimore- Shannon Tevega OG UCLA

30-San Diego- Dan Connor LB Penn St

31-Chicago- JD Booty QB USC

32-Indy- Zachary Bowman CB Oklahoma

bearfan
07-11-2007, 10:49 PM
Nice Bears pick (but I dont think they will get to superbowl again if Rex is sucking it up)

Mr. Stiller
07-11-2007, 11:31 PM
Give the Steelers best DE/OLB or LT

Sniper
07-11-2007, 11:46 PM
1-Oakland-Jake Long OT Michigan (This pick is soley based on Gallery's performance)

3-Dallas (f/CLE)- James Hardy WR Indiana (The value may not be there yet, but with his size, a good year, and a good combine he might be draftable here)

4-Tampa Bay- Brian Brohm QB Louisville (Ive been hearing Simms aint doing to well, and Garcia is up there in age)

6-Washington- Glenn Dorsey DT LSU (Reall any of the top 2 or 3 linemen would help)

7-Minnesota- Andre Woodson QB Kentucky (If Jackson doesnt live up to expectations)

12-Buffalo- James Laurinaitis LB Ohio St

21-Denver- Ray Mauluga LB Florida

29-Baltimore- Shannon Tevega OG UCLA

30-San Diego- Dan Connor LB Penn St

I like your Eagles pick a lot, but they did just draft Abiamiri and they re-signed Cole and Juqua Thomas. Then again, they might release Kearse if he gets injured again or has a sub-par year so I could see it happening. I really question James Hardy at #3 and the first WR off the board. I know he's huge and a great talent I just think DeSean Jackson, Mario Manningham, Early Doucet etc....will all go before him. I also think the Cowboys are enamored with McFadden and would likely take him before Hardy. I'm stunned Manningham isn't in the first round, but to each his own. Other possible Eagles pick might include Dan Connor, Keith Rivers and maybe a corner. On a final note, I really doubt Ray Rice goes first round.

SuperMcGee
07-12-2007, 12:20 AM
I'd give Ellison a better outlook than our CB at this point. Surpised to see The Animal over Cason for the Bills.

neko4
07-12-2007, 08:45 AM
Nice Bears pick (but I dont think they will get to superbowl again if Rex is sucking it up)
I did same order

Give the Steelers best DE/OLB or LT
Okie Dokey

I like your Eagles pick a lot, but they did just draft Abiamiri and they re-signed Cole and Juqua Thomas. Then again, they might release Kearse if he gets injured again or has a sub-par year so I could see it happening. I really question James Hardy at #3 and the first WR off the board. I know he's huge and a great talent I just think DeSean Jackson, Mario Manningham, Early Doucet etc....will all go before him. I also think the Cowboys are enamored with McFadden and would likely take him before Hardy. I'm stunned Manningham isn't in the first round, but to each his own. Other possible Eagles pick might include Dan Connor, Keith Rivers and maybe a corner. On a final note, I really doubt Ray Rice goes first round.

I had a real tough time figuring out what to do w/ Philly

scottyboy
07-12-2007, 08:57 AM
rice would go 1st round, but he's not gonna enter early. he will play out his his full time at Rutgers and wont leave early

23trufant
07-12-2007, 10:10 AM

TE is a position of need, but I dont know much about Rucker. Can I get some information about him?

cardsalltheway
07-12-2007, 10:38 AM
You're my new favorite poster

Mr. Stiller
07-12-2007, 11:33 AM

TE is a position of need, but I dont know much about Rucker. Can I get some information about him?

Rucker:

6'6 255, runs in the 4.56-4.7 range..

One of the top tight ends in the country who combines with teammate Chase Coffman to give MU arguably the top pass-catching TE combination in the nation ... Has great athleticism, size, hands, and speed and is also an excellent blocker from the tight end position ... Gives Mizzou a huge mismatch over defenders matched up on him in one-on-one situations, and is as dependable as they come when he gets hands on the ball ... Should be a pre-season candidate for the John Mackey Award, given annually to the nation's top tight end ... Enters fall camp listed atop the depth chart at the tight end position ... In just 2 seasons, he already ranks 6th alltime at MU among tight ends with 66 catches for 830 yards ... Caught 2 passes for 38 yards in limited duty in the Black & Gold Game to cap the spring practice period.

neko4
07-12-2007, 12:21 PM

Rucker:

One of the top tight ends in the country who combines with teammate Chase Coffman to give MU arguably the top pass-catching TE combination in the nation ... Has great athleticism, size, hands, and speed and is also an excellent blocker from the tight end position ... Gives Mizzou a huge mismatch over defenders matched up on him in one-on-one situations, and is as dependable as they come when he gets hands on the ball ... Should be a pre-season candidate for the John Mackey Award, given annually to the nation's top tight end ... Enters fall camp listed atop the depth chart at the tight end position ... In just 2 seasons, he already ranks 6th alltime at MU among tight ends with 66 catches for 830 yards ... Caught 2 passes for 38 yards in limited duty in the Black & Gold Game to cap the spring practice period.

What he said, plus i was in missouri for a few weeks and had to listen to how great Mizzou is gonna be this year. Which they should do great this year

23trufant
07-12-2007, 03:56 PM
Rucker:

Wow, thanks alot, he sounds great. That would be great pick for the Seahawks.

BX
07-12-2007, 04:09 PM
The Cowboys are pretty set at WR with Owens and Glenn obviously. I expect those two to play until at least 2009.

Behind them, we have Crayton and two young guys with potential in Hurd and Miles Austin.

I'm skeptical that the 'Boys would pick a WR (or anyone other then Long) over Darren McFadden (or RunDMC, as some have dubbed him)

bucs_fan333
07-12-2007, 04:43 PM

I like the pick but not the placement. The Bucs are a .500ish team.

McFadden won't fall past the Cowboys or the Lions.

The Vikings won't give up on Jackson after just one year.

ILB and G are more pressing needs. Mauluga is still available and I bet anything he's the pick.

bucs_fan333
07-12-2007, 04:45 PM

It's John, just so you know. ;)

skinzzfan25
07-12-2007, 04:54 PM
Nice skins pick. Two LSU gems, back to back years :P

He'd be a perfect fit in our defense, and we could really use him.

neko4
07-12-2007, 05:16 PM
The Cowboys are pretty set at WR with Owens and Glenn obviously. I expect those two to play until at least 2009.

Behind them, we have Crayton and two young guys with potential in Hurd and Miles Austin.

I'm skeptical that the 'Boys would pick a WR (or anyone other then Long) over Darren McFadden (or RunDMC, as some have dubbed him)

I just dont understand why the Boys would want a RB, the duo they have is working fine.

I like the pick but not the placement. The Bucs are a .500ish team.
I used original draft order

McFadden won't fall past the Cowboys or the Lions.
Reasonable

The Vikings won't give up on Jackson after just one year.
Jackson is more than likely on a short leash

ILB and G are more pressing needs. Mauluga is still available and I bet anything he's the pick.

Responses in bold

neko4
07-12-2007, 05:18 PM
Nice skins pick. Two LSU gems, back to back years :P

He'd be a perfect fit in our defense, and we could really use him.

I was about to give yall Okam, but then thought for a minuete

HoopsDemon12
07-12-2007, 05:33 PM
I would see cason for hte bills before the lil animal.... and conner before the lil animal if its a linebacker IMO... also i think conner is way way to low...

PalmerToCJ
07-12-2007, 11:06 PM
:D

I would be BEYOND thrilled if we got Kenny Phillips. Is he more of a FS or SS? I would be afraid the coaches wouldn't rule saftey a big enough need given Madieu Williams and Marvin White developing but if we don't keep Madieu next year or he's average it would be awesome to have Phillips.

With that said I doubt we end up in a spot to get him and we'll go DE/OLB

Caddy
07-12-2007, 11:14 PM
Not a fan of the Bucs at #4, but the way things are looking, Brohm would be a great pick. Simms is in fact struggling and we all know Garcia has 1-2 years left in the tank before he gives way which would be ideal considering the Bucs could bring in Brohm.

EDIT - Realised why the draft order is like that.

America
07-12-2007, 11:16 PM
First off, this is a very strange and ballsy draft. A lot of strange picks, and Kenny Phillips dropping to 18.

Shannon Tevega is probably the absolute worst pick you could make for the Ravens. Let's look at the G situation here for a second. You've got 1st round pick Ben Grubbs, sure he hasn't played a game yet, but you don't write himself off until a few years down the road if he has done nothing. Chris Chester has been lining up at G on the 1st team this offseason, although his future lies at C, he can play G. Marshall Yanda is a natural guard and was picked in the third round this year. Jason Brown, who started 12 games last year, played great and is firmly entrenched as the starting LG. We have Keydrick Vincent still, our opening day starter the last two seasons, but unfortunately they were cut short by injury and he has come into camp this year recovered from a hearnia he had been suffering from the past two seasons. But his contract is up at the end of the year. So we loose our 5th string guard. Oh and we also have Brian Rimpf who started 7 games for us in 05, but was lost for the season in TC.

WMD
07-14-2007, 05:59 PM
Calais Campbell to the Lions.. I just got a chubby.

jackalope
07-14-2007, 10:02 PM
I don't see receiver being a need for the Packers in next years draft. Right now we have 2 good starters in Driver and Jennings. Jones or another receiver should be able to step up at the #3 spot so taking a WR in the 1st doesn't look likely now.

T-RICH49
07-16-2007, 03:24 PM
being a KU fan the Chiefs getting Talib would make my year

iloxygenil
07-16-2007, 09:43 PM
I will be pretty shocked if the Falcons spend a first round pick on DT...I just don't see that happening anytime soon. I mean I know Grady won't last forever, but I don't see Frank as someone who can step in for him...if we go with one that high I think it'll be the kid from LSU...Dorsey, who I know you ahve gone at 6, but I can't believe we'd let them take our player 2 years in a row.

Finlayson56
07-19-2007, 11:47 AM
Bad Dallas picks especialy because julius jones is in the last year of his contract i and i dont think the cowboys will resign him so why would the Pass on D-Mac and secondly they need a wr way more than a DE

princefielder28
07-19-2007, 12:58 PM
I'd go secondary with GB

MURPHMAN
07-20-2007, 03:10 PM
Don't think Carolina would pass on Kenny Phillips if he fell to them. Safety is huge need now and will be even bigger when Minter retires after this season.

rainbeaukid2
07-21-2007, 10:57 AM
you forgot the niners, they have the colts first round pick

neko4
07-21-2007, 11:26 PM
you forgot the niners, they have the colts first round pick

oh yeah, forgot

Pack_Attack_4
07-23-2007, 04:28 PM
You're my new favorite poster

i kno the draft is a long ways away but i got to had it to u man good mock.

neko4
07-23-2007, 05:57 PM
Version 2.1

12-Buffalo- Dan Connor LB Penn St

21-Denver- James Laurinaitis LB Ohio St

29-Baltimore- Red Bryant DT Texas A&M

30-San Diego- Ray Mauluga LB Florida

CHanges in bold
not too many

neko4
07-24-2007, 12:36 AM
looking for a few comments

Yung Flippa
07-24-2007, 02:41 PM
I think that Green Bay would jump all over Kenny Philipps, if he was still there.

DWilliams2IndyColts
07-24-2007, 03:09 PM
As would Arizona.

HoopsDemon12
07-24-2007, 06:07 PM
man... if we got connor... my favorite linebackers from both drafts... wow i would be in love with buffalo even more

neko4
07-24-2007, 06:27 PM
As would Arizona.

McFadden or Phillips?

Vikes99ej
08-06-2007, 12:02 AM
I am enamored with the Vikings' pick.

Sniper
08-06-2007, 12:06 AM
Maualuga plays for USC, not Florida. And I'd like him. Or Adibi, Hall, any linebacker that is good.

Fitzgerald11
08-06-2007, 12:39 AM
Nobody is going to draft a center at number 15.

Mr. Stiller
08-06-2007, 12:40 AM
looking for a few comments

We still won't draft a Center in round 1.

Rey Maualuga.. Word has it Timmons is staying at ROLB so get Maualuga to replace Farrior.

HerthaFootballFan
08-06-2007, 01:00 AM
I don't like the ray rice pick because I think we have bigger needs, unless of course Jacobs bust, which i doubt, and bradshaw shows nothing of what he's been showing so far. I'm thinking another CB, a true FS, a penetrating UT and depending on Diehl/Whimper a LT.

neko4
08-06-2007, 01:43 AM
I don't like the ray rice pick because I think we have bigger needs, unless of course Jacobs bust, which i doubt, and bradshaw shows nothing of what he's been showing so far. I'm thinking another CB, a true FS, a penetrating UT and depending on Diehl/Whimper a LT.

Thanks for the comments, i was hoping for some sorta home-town bonus

GB12
08-06-2007, 10:30 PM
Horrible Packers pick. Kenny Phillips is a no brainer if he's there for us, especially if it's at 16.

neko4
08-06-2007, 11:50 PM
Horrible Packers pick. Kenny Phillips is a no brainer if he's there for us, especially if it's at 16.

I still wanna see if one of the 3 emerges

GB12
08-06-2007, 11:57 PM
I still wanna see if one of the 3 emerges
Well yeah, team needs change obviously you can't tell what's going to happen during the season, that's why I don't like mocks this early. However either way you look at it Phillips is the pick if the draft was today it'd be Phillips and there is a better chance of a WR emerging than safety. Plus it'd still be for our 3rd reciever where as it'd be our starting SS.

And if we do go WR it'd be Jackson over Sweed.

neko4
08-07-2007, 12:02 AM
I really dont like Jackson, but yeah, Phillips value >>>>> Sweed

adschofield
08-07-2007, 10:44 PM
being a KU fan the Chiefs getting Talib would make my year

I 2nd that

yo123
08-08-2007, 02:01 AM
Good pick for the Vikes