PDA

View Full Version : Pollack a no-go for 07'

themaninblack
07-12-2007, 12:08 AM
according to Bengals.com Marvin Lewis told a Savannah, GA TV station what was pretty much expected, that David will not be playing this season. I had figured he may be able to go halfway, but marvin said 08' is more likely. Good to hear for 08' but we would love him this year!

Paul
07-12-2007, 12:13 AM
All that matters is that he fully recovers. Football is not what important in this case.

themaninblack
07-12-2007, 12:52 AM
i completely agree. just stating we would love him back. full recovery is everything but a certainty at this point.

Bengals78
07-12-2007, 11:17 AM
Im not worried about him being back for 07. Id rather see David recover fully and even if he never plays again which i dont want, i hope he stays around cincinnati because he has always seemed like a genuinely good guy with a good heart. i would hate to lose that especially now

07-14-2007, 06:17 AM
It is a shame to see this guys career in jeopardy due to injury. And with the questions surrounding Thurman, he cannot step onto the field any sooner.

PalmerToCJ
07-16-2007, 11:53 AM
I was hoping he could come on late in '07 as a pass rushing DE for us.

I hope he recovers fully and then can come in with Frostee to take Justins spot at DE next year, he'd be a whole lot safer at DE than if he went back to LB.

Vikes99ej
07-16-2007, 11:57 AM
Hmmm. I was under the impression that his career was over.

PalmerToCJ
07-16-2007, 02:12 PM
Hmmm. I was under the impression that his career was over.

I really believe he'll be moved to DE for several reasons.

First being that he has expressed a desire to come back at DE because it would lessen the chance for being injured again and he played great there his rookie season as a rusher.

Second being we'll lose Justin Smith which leaves Frostee Rucker and Pollack, Rucker could be the run stopper and Pollack the pass rusher to compliment Geathers.

Vikes99ej
07-16-2007, 02:40 PM
I really believe he'll be moved to DE for several reasons.

First being that he has expressed a desire to come back at DE because it would lessen the chance for being injured again and he played great there his rookie season as a rusher.

Second being we'll lose Justin Smith which leaves Frostee Rucker and Pollack, Rucker could be the run stopper and Pollack the pass rusher to compliment Geathers.

I'm sure Smith will get more money than he deserves in FA.

I_C_DeadPeople
07-16-2007, 08:46 PM
Two years out of football after a broken neck...the likelihood of Pollack playing again is slim, playing very well is even slimmer and being a stud Defensive player is beyond slim. Assume he will never play again and anything above that will be a surprise.

PalmerToCJ
07-16-2007, 09:11 PM
Two years out of football after a broken neck...the likelihood of Pollack playing again is slim, playing very well is even slimmer and being a stud Defensive player is beyond slim. Assume he will never play again and anything above that will be a surprise.

If he can come back I'd be happy if he was a situational pass rusher, he's great at that.

HoopsDemon12
07-16-2007, 09:15 PM
if he can even come back and play a couple downs and be okay.. ill be happy.. its sad to see things like this happen to good character guys...

J24
07-18-2007, 06:21 PM
It is a real shame to see a nice guy to have such a horrific injury that not only has taken him out for last season but also this season and probably the rest of his career.

I_C_DeadPeople
07-23-2007, 03:28 PM
If he can come back I'd be happy if he was a situational pass rusher, he's great at that.

Problem is, in order for a guy to have a spot like that he would also likely have to play special teams.

themaninblack
07-23-2007, 10:26 PM
if he comes back and gets back to his natural playing weight of 275+ he's our starting DE, plain and simple.