PDA

View Full Version : USDFA's

Mr. Stiller
07-12-2007, 01:45 PM
Chris Patrick, OT, Nebraska

Mark Washington, DE/OLB, Texas State ~ San Francisco 49ers (2yr deal)

Robert Armstrong, DT, Morgan State

Clifton Dickson, DT, Florida State

Brian Soi, DT, Utah State

Donta’ Moore, LB,SS, UConn

Aaron Turner, OT, East Central Oklahoma

RoShawn Turner, KR/CB, Central Missouri State

Eric McCain, WR, Glendale Junior College

EdReedUnstoppable
07-12-2007, 01:46 PM
Love to see Robert Armstrong in the black and purple.

Man_Of_Steel
07-12-2007, 01:49 PM
Roshawn to Pittsburgh, make it happen.

BrownsTown
07-12-2007, 01:50 PM
You already got Gaither, don't be greedy, let teams that suck get some players. (Like...the Browns)

Mr. Stiller
07-12-2007, 01:57 PM
Roshawn to Pittsburgh, make it happen.

And Soi.. Washington would be nice at ILB to knock Kreidwaldt or Goo Wallace off the roster.

EdReedUnstoppable
07-12-2007, 01:58 PM
You already got Gaither, don't be greedy, let teams that suck get some players. (Like...the Browns)

He wouldn't be a good fit in a 3-4............actually I'm lying he would be, but we need him more than you do!.......I'm lying again.

Hines
07-12-2007, 01:59 PM
And Soi.. Washington would be nice at ILB to knock Kreidwaldt or Goo Wallace off the roster.

i like goo wallace

Mr. Stiller
07-12-2007, 02:11 PM
Mark Washington to San Francisco.

BrownsTown
07-12-2007, 02:11 PM
He wouldn't be a good fit in a 3-4............actually I'm lying he would be, but we need him more than you do!.......I'm lying again.

Stop that! We're not that bad...I'm lying we are...

neko4
07-12-2007, 02:16 PM
I hope Green Bay makes a move on Moore or Turner

Hines
07-12-2007, 02:23 PM
any more news

Mr. Stiller
07-12-2007, 02:29 PM
any more news

None yet. These players could wait days to sign.

cardsalltheway
07-12-2007, 03:03 PM
Un-Supplementally Drafted Free Agents?

HoopsDemon12
07-12-2007, 03:13 PM
Taurean Charles;)

Scout49
07-12-2007, 03:13 PM
Mark Washington to San Francisco.

I'm pretty happy with this pickup! The 9ers are high on this guy. They think he has a true chance to make the final roster or atleast be a solid practice squad player.

SuperKevin
07-12-2007, 03:33 PM
Seriously most of these guys won't even get signed this year to TC

Scout49
07-12-2007, 06:11 PM
49erswebzone.com

LB MARK WASHINGTON TEXAS STATE

The 49ers did not select anyone in the supplemental draft, but for the second year in a row they will have one of the eligible players in training camp.

The team has reached contract terms with outside linebacker Mark Washington (6-4, 253) of Texas State-San Marcos. It is a two-year deal with no signing bonus. The 49ers are not commenting because the deal has not been officially signed.

Washington recorded 36 tackles with 4.5 sacks and 9.5 tackles behind the line of scrimmage in 19 college games as a defensive lineman. He opted for the supplemental draft rather than return for his senior season.

He is certainly an interesting player. He played in eight games as a true freshman at Arizona State after playing at Long Beach Poly. Then, he sat out two full seasons to concentrate on academics.

Washington is an accomplished poet. He has written more than 6,000 poems published in the Poem Society Book. He also has experience as an actor.

Here's the scouting report from NFLdraftscout.com:

"Good competitor who plays with enthusiasm and has the strength to hit the ball carrier with a thud. Has the functional strength to take on and split double teams, but is better suited making plays on the move. Uses his hands efficiently to shed and is a quick downhill runner when asked to fill the rush lanes. Plays with good leverage when taking on blocks. It is rare to see him get caught out of position when lined up on the edge."

On the negative side: "Lacks the bulk you look for in a down lineman, even for an end and might be a better fit as a strong-side outside linebacker (has dropped weight in anticipation of moving to OLB at the pro level). Looks hesitant when asked to drop back in zone coverage and is more comfortable making plays in front of him rather than having to pursue long distances. Not a natural mover in deep coverage, as he will get sloppy with his plant-and-drive and needs to keep his head on a swivel, as he is a bit slow to react to the thrown ball."

NFLdraftscout compares him to Steve Foley: "Washington is not as instinctive or intelligent as the Redskins' Marcus Washington, but like Foley, he is stout vs. the run and double-team activity. He missed two seasons of action due to academics and was forced to play out of position as a defensive tackle in 2006, but with his speed and closing burst, along with solid blitzing skills, someone could get a free agent find from this strong-side outside linebacker prospect, if they care to invest some time and patient coaching while he learns to play OLB on the developmental squad for a year."

He sounds like he could be a steal for the niners!

Brent
07-12-2007, 08:00 PM
Let's not get ahead of ourselves now.

Woody56
07-12-2007, 08:07 PM
Chris Patrick has a workout with the Jets next week

Scout49
07-12-2007, 09:52 PM
Let's not get ahead of ourselves now.

Yah, I can get alittle to excited sometimes about who the niners pick up. But he's being compared to Steve Foley!

doingthisinsteadofwork
07-13-2007, 02:22 AM
Wouldnt mind seeing Chris Patrick in the S&B.

EdReedUnstoppable
07-13-2007, 02:48 AM
Stop that! We're not that bad...I'm lying we are...

Haha, that made me chuckle, thanks bud!

BrownsTown
07-13-2007, 10:06 AM
Haha, that made me chuckle, thanks bud!

I try. Most of the time too hard.

49ersfan_87
07-13-2007, 06:23 PM
I hope we end up with Chris Patrick as well.

T-RICH49
07-13-2007, 09:25 PM
please god send Chris Patrick to KC.We need a young OL

fischbowl
07-14-2007, 08:06 AM
49erswebzone.com

LB MARK WASHINGTON TEXAS STATE

The 49ers did not select anyone in the supplemental draft, but for the second year in a row they will have one of the eligible players in training camp.

The team has reached contract terms with outside linebacker Mark Washington (6-4, 253) of Texas State-San Marcos. It is a two-year deal with no signing bonus. The 49ers are not commenting because the deal has not been officially signed.

Washington recorded 36 tackles with 4.5 sacks and 9.5 tackles behind the line of scrimmage in 19 college games as a defensive lineman. He opted for the supplemental draft rather than return for his senior season.

He is certainly an interesting player. He played in eight games as a true freshman at Arizona State after playing at Long Beach Poly. Then, he sat out two full seasons to concentrate on academics.

Washington is an accomplished poet. He has written more than 6,000 poems published in the Poem Society Book. He also has experience as an actor.

Here's the scouting report from NFLdraftscout.com:

"Good competitor who plays with enthusiasm and has the strength to hit the ball carrier with a thud. Has the functional strength to take on and split double teams, but is better suited making plays on the move. Uses his hands efficiently to shed and is a quick downhill runner when asked to fill the rush lanes. Plays with good leverage when taking on blocks. It is rare to see him get caught out of position when lined up on the edge."

On the negative side: "Lacks the bulk you look for in a down lineman, even for an end and might be a better fit as a strong-side outside linebacker (has dropped weight in anticipation of moving to OLB at the pro level). Looks hesitant when asked to drop back in zone coverage and is more comfortable making plays in front of him rather than having to pursue long distances. Not a natural mover in deep coverage, as he will get sloppy with his plant-and-drive and needs to keep his head on a swivel, as he is a bit slow to react to the thrown ball."

NFLdraftscout compares him to Steve Foley: "Washington is not as instinctive or intelligent as the Redskins' Marcus Washington, but like Foley, he is stout vs. the run and double-team activity. He missed two seasons of action due to academics and was forced to play out of position as a defensive tackle in 2006, but with his speed and closing burst, along with solid blitzing skills, someone could get a free agent find from this strong-side outside linebacker prospect, if they care to invest some time and patient coaching while he learns to play OLB on the developmental squad for a year."

Washington is a solid player IMO but I preferred last years Jason Berryman to him. A lot more 3-4 potential. I think he ended up in Cincinnati.

Sveen
07-14-2007, 04:49 PM
We have also received a couple of unconfirmed reports that Miami has signed former Utah State DT Brian Soi

Source: Great Blue North Draft Report