PDA

View Full Version : 2007 1st Rd Pick

EdReedUnstoppable
07-12-2007, 01:49 PM
Now that we have taken care of our OT need......IMO Gaither is the future!!

Where do you think we should go with Rd 1 next year. I think we have to go CB if Pittman has another year like last year. Or go DE if Trevor Pryce has a down year.

ccB
07-12-2007, 01:52 PM
Now that we have taken care of our OT need......IMO Gaither is the future!!

Where do you think we should go with Rd 1 next year. I think we have to go CB if Pittman has another year like last year. Or go DE if Trevor Pryce has a down year.

QB is a possibility depending on how our front office feels about Troy. WR could be a possibility still. Im going to agree with you though CB or DE will probably be hte closest thing to a need we have.

EdReedUnstoppable
07-12-2007, 01:56 PM
QB is a possibility depending on how our front office feels about Troy. WR could be a possibility still. Im going to agree with you though CB or DE will probably be hte closest thing to a need we have.

And depending upon if we were to get lucky and win the SB and Ray and JO retire, then MLB would become our biggest need IMO.

BigDawg819
07-12-2007, 02:13 PM
I think once again we will be in a best player available situation. I mean theres no reason to think Pryce doesn't have enough for this year and next and I'm not ready to write off Pittman yet.

StaticGator
07-12-2007, 03:15 PM

I'd expect Newsome to make a big run at Leftwich if this is his last season in Jacksonville.

BigDawg819
07-12-2007, 03:17 PM
I'd expect Newsome to make a big run at Leftwich if this is his last season in Jacksonville.

I don't see this as a possibility due to his lackluster career so far.

Bohleive
07-12-2007, 03:24 PM
I think we have to go CB if Pittman has another year like last year. Or go DE if Trevor Pryce has a down year.

Absolutely, I think regardless of Pryce and Pittmans performances.

SeanTaylorRIP
07-12-2007, 03:30 PM
Probably won't be drafting high enough but Chris Long would be an absolute beast in the Ravens system. And don't you mean 08 first?

neko4
07-12-2007, 03:34 PM
Probably won't be drafting high enough but Chris Long would be an absolute beast in the Ravens system. And don't you mean 08 first?

I agree there, Colt Brennan anyone?

SeanTaylorRIP
07-12-2007, 03:35 PM
I agree there, Colt Brennan anyone?

Eh, I hate Brennan, I want Andre Woodson, but I see him being huge and a top 5 pick so that's just a dream.

StaticGator
07-12-2007, 03:40 PM
I don't see this as a possibility due to his lackluster career so far.

I have no allegiance to Leftwich nor the Jags, but he's had his moments. Particularly in 2005 where in 11 games he threw 15 TDs to 5 INTs and had the 9th highest passer rating in the NFL. Both Newsome and Billick were said to be high on him coming out of college. Del Rio seems to hate him so they may get a good deal. I think it would be a great situation for him.

America
07-12-2007, 07:03 PM
Chris Long is the guy who I really really would like to get. Great motor, productive, versitile and a good kid, not to mention HOF bloodlines. I think as long as we address the Dline and CBs on the first day next year, we should tackle our biggest needs, although people always leave during FA.

mikedoobie
07-12-2007, 11:37 PM
I like the thought of Chris Long\
I expect us to go defense with it either CB, MLB, DE
Depending on what kind of season Lawrence Jackson has he could be there
i love Jonathon goff (not a 1st rounder)
at CB Malcolm jenkins has a great blend of size and speed
Dwight Lowery looks like he has all the tools
Cason and Talib i think will go too high

Ravens1991
07-13-2007, 09:28 PM
I say either a Trevor Pryce style DE or a CB.

SeanTaylorRIP
07-13-2007, 09:35 PM
I say either a Trevor Pryce style DE or a CB.

That's Chris Long, think Adam Carriker but Stronger, quicker, and a much better motor. He is an absolute beast. Doesn't hurt that he is a stand out student, great attitude, and being Howie's son never hurts. This beast has got to be a Raven:
http://www.thesabre.com/edge/images/2005/football/chris_long010b.jpg

Ravens1991
07-13-2007, 09:37 PM
wow do you think he could put up Carriker combine # and have his stock skyrocket?

SeanTaylorRIP
07-13-2007, 09:41 PM
wow do you think he could put up Carriker combine # and have his stock skyrocket?

4.9 40 is hard to get for such a big guy as straight line speed you never really know, bench press he'll kill, but he is at the top of everyone's list in terms of senior DE's so his play on the field might get him top 15, but good thing is being on a team with no hype and now that the ACC is considered "weak" he could slip through the cracks, but hard to stay low when you are Howies son unfortunately.

Ravens1991
07-13-2007, 09:44 PM
we will wait and see, so he can play 4-3 DE, 4-3 DT, and 3-4 DE like Trevor? That is my favorite part about Trevor his versatility gave us he ability to line up in a 4-3 then audible to a 3-4 and vice versa.

ChefMike
07-13-2007, 10:39 PM
I think once again we will be in a best player available situation. I mean theres no reason to think Pryce doesn't have enough for this year and next and I'm not ready to write off Pittman yet.

I really hate to agree here but that is true.. our draft tends to be boring because you can't speculate until about 30 min before our pick ! Just like this year we almost ended up with Brady Quinn !

BigDawg819
07-13-2007, 10:49 PM
I really hate to agree here but that is true.. our draft tends to be boring because you can't speculate until about 30 min before our pick ! Just like this year we almost ended up with Brady Quinn !

Why would you hate to agree when I just speak the truth?

simms2clayton
07-13-2007, 11:04 PM
I really see Baltimore going with a front 7 defensive position in next year's first round. They will want to preserve their defense as elite and add talent there much like Indy did last year with their offense (adding Anthony Gonzalez and Tony Ugoh).