PDA

View Full Version : Moses' Mock Draft (Dec. 19, 2006)

Moses
12-19-2006, 03:35 PM
Moses' Mock Draft
December 19, 2006

Since I made a major error that ruined this week's mock draft, I've decided to release a new one.

PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE REPLYING
Before you post a reply that is saying one of the picks is not likely, please make sure your post contains the following:
-Reasoning why my pick is not likely
-At least one better pick (must be a player that is available in this mock draft)
-Reasoning why your pick is better than mine
I ask this because I'm sick of reading replies that say something is a bad pick but don't give a reason or an alternative pick. Your post is useless if you don't provide reasoning or alternatives. I don't care if it's something you or somebody else has explained a thousand times, just have an explanation and an alternative. Copy and paste from somewhere else if you must. Thanks and enjoy.

1. Detroit Lions :: Brady Quinn - Quarterback - Senior - Notre Dame

2. Oakland Raiders :: Calvin Johnson - Wide Receiver - Junior - Georgia Tech

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers :: Joe Thomas - Offensive Tackle - Senior - Wisconsin

4. Arizona Cardinals :: Gaines Adams - Defensive End - Senior - Clemson

5. Cleveland Browns :: Adrian Peterson - Runningback - Junior - Oklahoma

6. Houston Texans :: Alan Branch - Defensive Tackle - Junior - Michigan

7. Washington Redskins :: Leon Hall - Cornerback - Senior - Michigan

8. St. Louis Rams :: LaRon Landry - Safety - Senior - L.S.U.

9. Minnesota Vikings :: Dwayne Jarrett - Wide Receiver - Junior - USC

10. San Francisco 49ers :: Darrelle Revis - Cornerback - Junior - Pittsburgh

11. Carolina Panthers :: Reggie Nelson - Safety - Junior - Florida

12. Green Bay Packers :: Marshawn Lynch - Runningback - Junior - California

13. Miami Dolphins :: Amobi Okoye - Defensive Tackle - Senior - Louisville

14. Atlanta Falcons :: Quentin Moses - Defensive End - Senior - Georgia

15. Kansas City Chiefs :: Ted Ginn Jr. - Wide Receiver - Junior - Ohio St.

16. Pittsburgh Steelers :: LaMarr Woodley - Rushbacker - Senior - Michigan

17. New York Giants :: Marcus McCauley - Cornerback - Senior - Fresno St.

18. Buffalo Bills :: Patrick Willis - Linebacker - Senior - Ole Miss

19. Tennessee Titans :: Antoine Cason - Cornerback - Junior - Arizona

20. New England Patriots :: Victor Abiamiri - Defensive End - Senior - Notre Dame

21. New York Jets :: Levi Brown - Offensive Tackle - Senior - Penn St.

22. Philadelphia Eagles :: Jeff Samardzija - Wide Receiver - Senior - Notre Dame

23. Denver Broncos :: Quinn Pitcock - Defensive Tackle - Senior - Ohio St.

24. Jacksonville Jaguars :: JaMarcus Russell - Quarterback - Junior - L.S.U.

25. Cincinnati Bengals :: DeMarcus Tyler - Defensive Tackle - Senior - North Carolina St.

26. Dallas Cowboys :: Justin Blalock - Offensive Linemen - Senior - Texas

27. New Orleans Saints :: Paul Posluszny - Linebacker - Senior - Penn St.

28. New England Patriots :: Michael Griffin - Safety - Senior - Texas

29. Baltimore Ravens :: Daymeion Hughes - Cornerback - Senior - California

30. Indianapolis Colts :: Rufus Alexander - Outside Linebacker - Senior - Oklahoma

31. Chicago Bears :: Earl Everett - Outside Linebacker - Senior - Florida

32. San Diego Chargers :: Johnnie Lee Higgins - Wide Receiver - Senior - U.T.E.P.

nshelat1
12-19-2006, 04:09 PM
--I realize you had Rufus Alexander going before Earl Everett, but out of curiousity, who do you think would better fill the void at the weakside spot in chicago when briggs leaves? So far Ive heard nothing but Alexander at this spot, but I honestly think Earl Everett simply is a better fit. Your thoughts?

--As for the Jags pick, Ill be the first to say that I am firmly on the Leftwich bandwagon (have been for quite some time). I dont forsee any QB change myself, and if that turns out to be the case, who would the Jags take at their spot? Im tempted to say Michael Griffin myself simply because his athletic ability makes him the BAP at pick 24. Your thoughts?

--As for the rest of the draft, not too many nitpicks. Id rather have Josh Wilson with the saints pick but puzzy is also a fine choice. I think hed make a great mike linebacker in their system.

scar988
12-19-2006, 04:12 PM
14. Atlanta Falcons :: Quentin Moses - Defensive End - Senior - Georgia
good pick. Michael Griffin could be a good pick here too. but a DL of Moses, Abraham, Grady Jackson and Coleman would be beastly.

12-19-2006, 04:14 PM
Cardinals pick is the best possible in that situation. As for the Colts, we don't take 1st round LB's so it won't happen but I do like it. I think Glenn Dorsey would be more likely there however.

Caddy
12-19-2006, 04:36 PM
No complaints with the Buccaneers pick

draftguru151
12-19-2006, 04:37 PM
Okoye won't fit our defense.

12-19-2006, 04:52 PM
** I also posted this on your other mock, not realizing you had more than one on hee **

ummm Jamarcus Russell is also in your "second round" , not sure
how a guy could get drafted twice...you might wanna look into that.

Also The Vikings are NOT going to pick a WR in the first round.

Tavarius Jackson will start the rest of the year, if he suceeds at
all...he'll be the starter next year with Bollinger as our backup.
Which means if we don't go after a QB through F/A (Matt Schaub
likely an option) Brad Johnson has feet out the door and is just
awaiting his last paycheck to leave Winter Park. So I'm sure we'll
bring in another QB next year. Just not sure how it may come.

I'd love for us to take "Puz" or Pat Willis and solidify the ILB spot
for years instead of rellying on the inconsistent Nap Harris or
moving Leber out of position.

If we don't go QB and don't go D we'll take a lineman. Blaylock would
be a huge huge upgrade over the mess at RG we have. Honestly a major
reason we suck so much offensivly is the horrid play of the right side
of the line. Matt Cook was put in 2 weeks ago and looks like a rookie.
He's slow doesn't move his feet at all and I don't know if he'll ever
be good enough to play there. Artis Hicks is garbage and somehow
Marcus Johnson is worse. I have no idea why Mike Roesenthal has a job
in this league and this position absolutely needs to eb addressed day 1.

Vikings NEED list in order.

1-Right Side Guard
2-Right Side Tackle
3-Interior Linebacker to play in our Tampa 2 (need athletism)
4-Free Safety - Sharper ain't gonna play forever and he's been lost
in this new scheme...he doesn't support the run , nor is he fast enough to
keep up with burner WR's from other teams.
5-QB - even if it's to fill a slot. We have 2 and need 1 with pin point
accuracy. Poise and is a good decision maker. Mobility a plus , not a
requirement. Arm strength a must.
6- Small, quick , and elusive WR's WHO CAN CATCH . and make plays after
they catch the ball. We have enough possesion WR's and WR's who drop easy
passes.
7-Premier RB - Taylor / M.Moore / and Pinner are nice scatter backs but
not one of them is a Brian Westbrook style player. That's the offense we
run and until we get a player of his caliber, we're going to struggle in
this position.

njx9
12-19-2006, 04:53 PM
much better for denver.

packerpro42
12-19-2006, 04:58 PM
I love the Marshawn Lynch pick.

Gridiron
12-19-2006, 05:08 PM
Great Jets pick. 8)

Tyler and Blalock are also possibilities.

The Dynasty
12-19-2006, 05:10 PM

1-Right Side Guard
2-Right Side Tackle
passes.
this position.

Well actually our biggest problem is either Pass Rush and Wide Out and we dont need Quick we need a big possesion receiver like Jarret and Taylor is good for a running back and Moore is a good 3rd down. QB probally should be 1 of the last because of the draft of Jackson. Also our Line has been alright for the run game but since Jake Long not coming out and I dont know about Baker but i know the OL from Texas isnt worth a top 10 pick so I agree with Moses with the Dwayne Jarret pick Marcus Robinson and Travis Taylor wont last and McMullen.

GaMeTiMe
12-19-2006, 05:24 PM
Samardjiza!? It's something different, but probably the least likely pick we can possibly make.

Donte Stallworth will be re-signed.

If he isn't, we have trouble and our WR corps would consist of Reggie Brown, Hank Baskett, Greg Lewis and Jason Avant. If we were picking #1 and could pick CJ then MAYBE we'd let Stallworth walk, but there's about a 5% chance of that happening. And if we did, we'd likely replace him in free agency or through trade, because adding an unexperienced, unproven rookie to that group of receivers would not be a good mix. Especially when he might go off and play baseball.

If any of the top three safeties are on the board when we pick, we will take that safety. Safety is our one and ONLY first round need at this point, and there's no way we pass. If all three are gone, I still think we'd go in that direction with someone like Weddle. So in this case, Michael Griffin would be the pick. I can honestly say that I'm 100% sure of that right now.

Tavarius Jackson will start the rest of the year, if he suceeds at
all...he'll be the starter next year with Bollinger as our backup.
Which means if we don't go after a QB through F/A (Matt Schaub
likely an option) Brad Johnson has feet out the door and is just
awaiting his last paycheck to leave Winter Park. So I'm sure we'll
bring in another QB next year. Just not sure how it may come.

I'd love for us to take "Puz" or Pat Willis and solidify the ILB spot
for years instead of rellying on the inconsistent Nap Harris or
moving Leber out of position.

1-Right Side Guard
2-Right Side Tackle
passes.
this position.

How can quarterback even be DISCUSSED as a first round pick for Minnesota?

Linebacker isn't a first round need for you guys either. Napoleon Harris was already replaced when EJ Henderson was signed long-term. Your three starters next year will be Henderson, Greenway and Leber. Who plays what spot is still to be determined, but I really don't think any of those three won't start next season unless they completely screw Greenway out of any possibility of a successful career, and that would make no sense.

I can agree that right guard and tackle are your top two needs, but there's no one really worthy taking where you guys are going to pick. I think you may pass and address one of the positions in round two, the other being solved internally.

You guys aren't going to pick a small, speedy receiver with Troy Williamson still on board. He's probably got a year left to prove himself after this season, and it's more than likely the Vikings will give him that last chance. I'm not saying you guys will take a first round receiver for sure, but if you did, it would likely be Jarrett, not Ginn. Marcus Robinson and Travis Taylor are short-term solutions.

Runing back?? Chester Taylor has looked great if you ask me. I think Mewelde Moore can be the "Westbrook-type" player you speak of, although of course not nearly as good. But he and Taylor are fine in the backfield if you ask me. Maybe you can add a third guy to the mix and use Moore more on returns, but it wouldn't be a first round pick..

I do agree with the fact that you guys need a safety with your starters aging, but I think that Cedric Griffin can also move there if needed, and don't forget the potential of Greg Blue. But I don't think that's anything that will prevent you from possibly taking one in the first round.

So IMO, the Vikings needs are:
- Right Guard OR right tackle
- Big possession receiver
- Safety

In that order. However, because there won't be any OLs worth taking where you guys pick, I think Dwayne Jarrett is the pick should he be on the board. Trading down would be extremely likely as well.

12-19-2006, 05:27 PM
Well actually our biggest problem is either Pass Rush and Wide Out and we dont need Quick we need a big possesion receiver like Jarret and Taylor is good for a running back and Moore is a good 3rd down. QB probally should be 1 of the last because of the draft of Jackson. Also our Line has been alright for the run game but since Jake Long not coming out and I dont know about Baker but i know the OL from Texas isnt worth a top 10 pick so I agree with Moses with the Dwayne Jarret pick Marcus Robinson and Travis Taylor wont last and McMullen.

and and and and and how can anyone take you seriously when you don't know when to end a sentance ?

Pass rush is an issue but it has more to do with Scott being hurt, Udeze underachieveing and the soft parts of the field yeilding big plays underneath. Better LB play eliminates that. Nap Harris has been putrid in the middle and D.Thomas isn't any better. a solid ILB is what we need. Also we need to give the D Line some help by playing more bump and run to the zone coverage and less...allow the WR's to run free , run to the zone coverage. Wifield and Griffin are 2 of the better physical corners in the NFC North.

WR's are either trying to catch on the wrong shoulder or Johnson was getting to much pressure and had to throw the ball away before the WR's got their routes finished. better line play improves your offense. The left side is rock solid the right side blows goats. It's another one of the reasons our run game has been lackluster. Artis Hicks and Marcus Johnson have cost us as many games with their horrible play and penalties as anything. Brad Johnson's play hasn't helped.

We have enough possession WR's in Bethel Johnson / Billy McMullen and Marcus Robinson. I'm not sure if you watch the Vikings or know anything about us, but we run a west coast offense which rellies on short passes and WR's getting their YAC. Travis taylor is useless in this system and Williamson can't seem to catch a cold. this is another reason we struggle.

Taylor was unproductive minus the one run in seattle and doesn't have the big play capability. I'll give you M.Moore being a very good 3rd down back. Doesn't negate our need for a premier Rb though.

QB should either be addressed on day 1 or through F/A. Jackson doesn't even have a start in and already Minnesotans are dubbing him the franchise QB.....let's say he is. Great. Then what ? What if he gets hurt (like DC did) do you really want Brooks Bollinger starting for the next 2 years ? ...I don't.

Your last "points" aren't comprehensible so I won't comment on nonsense.

If we pick top 10 we will most likely trade down to around 15. Where Blaylock or Baker would fit perfectly. Pat Willis is a maybe and even Reggie Nelson would be a better pick than another SC possession WR that doesn't have 4.4 or better speed.

Moses
12-19-2006, 05:28 PM
--I realize you had Rufus Alexander going before Earl Everett, but out of curiousity, who do you think would better fill the void at the weakside spot in chicago when briggs leaves? So far Ive heard nothing but Alexander at this spot, but I honestly think Earl Everett simply is a better fit. Your thoughts?

Alexander is a better prospect in my opinion so I would say Alexander at this point. Both are good fits for the weakside because of their speed and ability to attack.

--As for the Jags pick, Ill be the first to say that I am firmly on the Leftwich bandwagon (have been for quite some time). I dont forsee any QB change myself, and if that turns out to be the case, who would the Jags take at their spot? Im tempted to say Michael Griffin myself simply because his athletic ability makes him the BAP at pick 24. Your thoughts?

This was one of the toughest picks in the draft. It's too early to tell if the Jaguars will go quarterback but after watching Garrard make several key mistakes I think it will definitely be on their mind. A lot of people believe Leftwich will be gone after this season.

Griffin is definitely a possibility at that spot as the Jaguars could use some youth and an upgrade at safety.

Moses
12-19-2006, 05:30 PM
Cardinals pick is the best possible in that situation. As for the Colts, we don't take 1st round LB's so it won't happen but I do like it. I think Glenn Dorsey would be more likely there however.

I rarely buy into the hype that certain franchises don't draft certain positions in certain rounds. Sure, there are a few truisms out there but all in all I don't buy it. I think the Colts will take the BDPA, and at that point, it's Alexander.

Moses
12-19-2006, 05:33 PM

1-Right Side Guard
2-Right Side Tackle
passes.
this position.

Wide receiver is easily the Vikings biggest need. They basically have nobody at the position. I could see them passing on Jarrett in the first round if Long were available but I don't have him declaring in this draft. Jarrett is exactly what the Vikings need and I simply can't see a better pick at this point.

Moses
12-19-2006, 05:49 PM
Samardjiza!? It's something different, but probably the least likely pick we can possibly make.

Donte Stallworth will be re-signed.

If he isn't, we have trouble and our WR corps would consist of Reggie Brown, Hank Baskett, Greg Lewis and Jason Avant. If we were picking #1 and could pick CJ then MAYBE we'd let Stallworth walk, but there's about a 5% chance of that happening. And if we did, we'd likely replace him in free agency or through trade, because adding an unexperienced, unproven rookie to that group of receivers would not be a good mix. Especially when he might go off and play baseball.

If any of the top three safeties are on the board when we pick, we will take that safety. Safety is our one and ONLY first round need at this point, and there's no way we pass. If all three are gone, I still think we'd go in that direction with someone like Weddle. So in this case, Michael Griffin would be the pick. I can honestly say that I'm 100% sure of that right now.

Stallworth could very well walk. There is no telling what will happen in free agency.

Nothing in the NFL Draft is 100%.

The Eagles may very well address the WR position in free agency but Jeff would be a good fit for them and could definitely bolster a unit that needs additional talent, even if Stallworth stays.

12-19-2006, 05:59 PM
Wide receiver is easily the Vikings biggest need. They basically have nobody at the position. I could see them passing on Jarrett in the first round if Long were available but I don't have him declaring in this draft. Jarrett is exactly what the Vikings need and I simply can't see a better pick at this point.

You eiher don't know anything about the Vikings or the west coast offense. Either way I can't take this mock seriously.

and FYI Jake Long didn't need your permission or for you to hold his hand. Do a little research and figure out he's already said he's staying in school.

Moses
12-19-2006, 06:01 PM

You eiher don't know anything about the Vikings or the west coast offense. Either way I can't take this mock seriously.

and FYI Jake Long didn't need your permission or for you to hold his hand. Do a little research and figure out he's already said he's staying in school.

Pray tell what I don't know about the WCO or the Vikings. I really want to know what I'm missing and you obviously know.

The underclassmen deadline has not passed. Until it has, nothing is for sure. We have heard countless times that people are staying just to have them turn around and declare. Nothing is for sure until that deadline has passed.

Bearsfan123
12-19-2006, 06:30 PM
Moses although I respect your opinion, I dont think Everett is first round material and Scott said the Bears think they have Briggs replacement in house so i dont expect a linebacker earlier than rd3. As for the pick, John Wendling, Ive heard ppl say his name alot so Im buying it for now. another choice could be Okam, but i dunno if he fits our scheme.

Moses
12-19-2006, 06:37 PM
Moses although I respect your opinion, I dont think Everett is first round material and Scott said the Bears think they have Briggs replacement in house so i dont expect a linebacker earlier than rd3. As for the pick, John Wendling, Ive heard ppl say his name alot so Im buying it for now. another choice could be Okam, but i dunno if he fits our scheme.

I have Okam not declaring for the draft. If he was available the Bears would likely jump at the chance to grab him but I think he would go earlier.

Safety is a possibility but I'm not sure if either Weddle or Wendling are 1st round talents at this point. I think Everett has a better shot at ending up in the 1st round, especially considering the weak linebacking class this year.

Everett is interesting because I think he could play either strong-side or weak-side. He has the speed and coverage ability to play both and excels at attacking the line of scrimmage. If he were to take over for Briggs and play the strong-side he would likely have to add some weight but he has the frame to do it.

Basically, I don't think the Bears will be happy with Hillenmeyer/In-House Replacement as their outside linebackers so I think Everett could be brought in to replace one of them.

remix 6
12-19-2006, 06:39 PM
great Pats mock. TY

GaMeTiMe
12-19-2006, 07:04 PM
Stallworth could very well walk. There is no telling what will happen in free agency.

I'm having a lot of trouble thinking of a team that would pay him enough to pry away from us. He wouldn't be a #1 receiver with a QB like McNabb on many other teams. Re-signing him will be the off-season's #1 task, and I would really hope for the organization's sake we get it done.

Nothing in the NFL Draft is 100%.

The Eagles may very well address the WR position in free agency but Jeff would be a good fit for them and could definitely bolster a unit that needs additional talent, even if Stallworth stays.

Even if Stallworth stays??? How does that make any sense at all? He'd be a long term slot receiver at BEST, and we'd pick him over a long term starting safety, a gaping hole on the defense? It's one thing to think we won't re-sign Stallworth, but to say that Shark is a reasonable pick if we do is nuts. Adding him to Stallworth/Brown/Lewis/Baskett/Avant/Westbrook out of the backfield would cause me to personally shoot Andy Reid in the face.

Moses
12-19-2006, 07:07 PM
Jeff is a great receiver that could easily work himself into the starting lineup. Also, the Eagles run 3+ wideout sets quite often so I definitely see it as a possibility. Plus, I think Jeff is a great fit for the Eagles. Safety is something that can be addressed a bit later I believe. Sensaubaugh could prove to be starting material and Dawkins is great.

comahan
12-19-2006, 07:09 PM
I love Alan Branch in Houston. Mario is playing alongside a DE thats playing UT, a OLB thats playing DE, and no NT, so DLine really does need help (to be fair, we need help everywhere) and a Branch/Mario combo on the line for years to come would be a force to be reckoned with.

Moses
12-19-2006, 07:10 PM
I love Alan Branch in Houston. Mario is playing alongside a DE thats playing UT, a OLB thats playing DE, and no NT, so DLine really does need help (to be fair, we need help everywhere) and a Branch/Mario combo on the line for years to come would be a force to be reckoned with.

Branch/Williams is freakish to say the least.

Deuce26Deuce
12-19-2006, 07:15 PM

That would give them three straight years with DL in the first round, Travis Johnson, Mario Williams and Alan Branch . I don't know if they would do that but that would be a scary front four.

CC.SD
12-19-2006, 07:55 PM

That would give them three straight years with DL in the first round, Travis Johnson, Mario Williams and Alan Branch . I don't know if they would do that but that would be a scary front four.

Plus that other 1st round DE.

comahan
12-19-2006, 08:02 PM

Plus that other 1st round DE.

Travis Johnson is terrible, he's a practice squad player. Babin is.. okay.

rainbeaukid2
12-19-2006, 08:27 PM
for the niners, i think that reggie nelson would be a better pick here because 1) we need a ball hawking playmaker and 2) there is a deeper draft at CB this year as opposed to safety

defensiveback23
12-19-2006, 08:44 PM
Perfect Charger pick, Higgins is exactly what we need.

Moses
12-19-2006, 08:50 PM
for the niners, i think that reggie nelson would be a better pick here because 1) we need a ball hawking playmaker and 2) there is a deeper draft at CB this year as opposed to safety

I think that's a possibility but cornerback is such a huge need I think they invest in one as early as possible. There's no guarantee that they'll get a guy they want later in the draft.

rainbeaukid2
12-19-2006, 09:04 PM

I think that's a possibility but cornerback is such a huge need I think they invest in one as early as possible. There's no guarantee that they'll get a guy they want later in the draft.

right, i am just thinking though how deep this years draft is at corner, i dont think that they would have any problem getting one in the second round whereas there are less upper tier safeties in this draft

King Rhabuf
12-19-2006, 11:28 PM
Stop putting Peterson on the Browns, we are taking Branch.

Moses
12-20-2006, 01:19 AM

Sorry, I forgot you were GM of the Brown. :roll:

At least present an argument instead of just posting unjustified garbage.

rickscott
12-20-2006, 04:02 AM
I see the Bengals more likely taking Posluszny or Hughes based on your draft. we found a gem in Peko as a DT in Rd 4 last year and I just don't see another DT this early on. They also like Jonathan Fanene who came out as a DE in the 2005 draft, but goes to DT to as he is 300 lbs. He's been hurt most of the year but came back this week. If any quality DE falls, I could definitely see a DE here but with the possible loss of Odell Thurman and Pollack and Brian Simmons getting long in the tooth, I see a LBer as a real possibility. Both Tory James and Delta O'Neal are getting up in years too so that's why a CB is very possible.

Bohleive
12-20-2006, 10:44 AM
I could see the Ravens pick going down that way, good job.

smittyjs
12-20-2006, 12:09 PM
Antoine Cason, i don't like him in the first round this year, CB should be something we go for in free agency. Wideout, DE, S are bigger need right now. i would be happy with Victor Abiamiri or Michael Griffin at this point.

nshelat1
12-20-2006, 01:09 PM
Jeff is a great receiver that could easily work himself into the starting lineup. Also, the Eagles run 3+ wideout sets quite often so I definitely see it as a possibility. Plus, I think Jeff is a great fit for the Eagles. Safety is something that can be addressed a bit later I believe. Sensaubaugh could prove to be starting material and Dawkins is great.

Sensabaugh plays for the Jags.
Who is it that you are thinking of?

Moses
12-20-2006, 02:03 PM

My mistake. I was thinking of Considine. No idea how I got those two confused. I think I drafted Sensabaugh in Madden or something. :lol:

GaMeTiMe
12-20-2006, 02:39 PM

Work himself into the starting lineup over who?? Stallworth is the clear cut #1, and we're not going to throw Reggie Brown to the side for absolutely no reason. That's garbage

We run three wideout sets quite often and are equipped to do so. Greg Lewis and Hank Baskett are fine role playing third receivers, and we didn't draft Jason Avant last year for NO reason at all. He's our long-term #3 receiver. And again, don't forget about Westbrook out of the backfield.

How can safety be addressed later. Dawkins is almost at the end of the line and the other starting spot is going to be vacated. Considine is nothing NEAR starting material and he's proven that to me this year, I don't know if you've seen him play or not.

Are there ANY other Eagles fans here?!

AMJets
12-20-2006, 06:55 PM
I like the Jets pick. I might prefer Blalock there, but I'm not sure. Either one would be very good.

Jim Jim
12-20-2006, 10:07 PM
What amuses me about your mock is that I know that you're a knowledgeable Packers fan and you know your stuff...

Why give the Packers Marshawn Lynch in the first round? Plenty of teams that run the zone blocking scheme have found success with mid-rounders and with Vernand Morency playing well enough to be at least a 1-2 punch with either a free agent or a rookie...

What I'm saying is that you should know the Packers have bigger needs than a running back.

Like DB.

King Rhabuf
12-20-2006, 10:15 PM

haha

i REALLY don't want to see him on the team. I keep seeing it on Mocks here with him there:(

can you change yours and give us branch? :D

The offensive line has been very poor this year, and we are MUCH better off drafting a HB like Irons or Bush in the later rounds. The last thing I want is a guy with injury problems on the Browns.

Crennel's 3-4 really needs a big NT to clog things up, and Branch is perfect for that.

don't worry, I have logic behind my posts :wink:

Fred Savage
12-20-2006, 10:17 PM
No you don't.

The Unseen
12-20-2006, 10:29 PM

My mistake. I was thinking of Considine. No idea how I got those two confused. I think I drafted Sensabaugh in Madden or something. :lol:

Forgiven. :wink: Both are at the same position and are in similar situations, so it's understandable.

The Legend
12-20-2006, 10:31 PM
Moses' Mock Draft
December 19, 2006

question does that mean we let Green go?

Moses
12-20-2006, 10:57 PM
What amuses me about your mock is that I know that you're a knowledgeable Packers fan and you know your stuff...

Why give the Packers Marshawn Lynch in the first round? Plenty of teams that run the zone blocking scheme have found success with mid-rounders and with Vernand Morency playing well enough to be at least a 1-2 punch with either a free agent or a rookie...

What I'm saying is that you should know the Packers have bigger needs than a running back.

Like DB.

Running the ZBS doesn't mean you don't need talent at runningback. It doesn't magically make subpar runningbacks into all-stars. Adding a quality franchise runningback would be wonders for an offence that is poised to take a big hit in the coming seasons.

The Packers could use a safety but Lynch is better value at where they are picking. The Packers only need a developmental corner so I doubt they address it in the 1st round.

Moses
12-20-2006, 10:58 PM

haha

i REALLY don't want to see him on the team. I keep seeing it on Mocks here with him there:(

The offensive line has been very poor this year, and we are MUCH better off drafting a HB like Irons or Bush in the later rounds. The last thing I want is a guy with injury problems on the Browns.

Crennel's 3-4 really needs a big NT to clog things up, and Branch is perfect for that.

Branch would be great for the Browns but Peterson is the dynamic playmaker at runningback they need to give their offence some life. He's simply a great value there and I can't see the Browns passing on him.

Moses
12-20-2006, 11:00 PM
Moses' Mock Draft
December 19, 2006

Remember that Green is a free agent. Green could very well be resigned even if the Packers grab Lynch in the 1st round. Giving him time to learn the system and evolve into an NFL player could be aided by splitting time with Green and even Morency.

King Rhabuf
12-20-2006, 11:07 PM

haha

Branch would be great for the Browns but Peterson is the dynamic playmaker at runningback they need to give their offence some life. He's simply a great value there and I can't see the Browns passing on him.

Guess we're going to disagree here :|

Moses
12-20-2006, 11:08 PM

haha

Guess we're going to disagree here :|

I guess so. The difference in talent/value is quite huge when comparing Peterson and Branch.

The Legend
12-20-2006, 11:18 PM
Moses' Mock Draft
December 19, 2006

Remember that Green is a free agent. Green could very well be resigned even if the Packers grab Lynch in the 1st round. Giving him time to learn the system and evolve into an NFL player could be aided by splitting time with Green and even Morency.

thou i would like Morency to get more runs and maybe getting Davenport type back a short yardage back

King Rhabuf
12-20-2006, 11:27 PM
I guess so. The difference in talent/value is quite huge when comparing Peterson and Branch.

Whats your beef with Branch?

Moses
12-20-2006, 11:30 PM

I have no beef with Branch. He's just not in the same class in terms of talent as Quinn, Peterson, or Johnson.

Wyndham
12-21-2006, 04:16 AM
15. Kansas City Chiefs :: Ted Ginn Jr. - Wide Receiver - Junior - Ohio St.

The Chiefs need a receiver but I have often advocated that they draft at positions where the need is more glaring (such as DT and OT). With that being said, the receiver I wouldn't mind them taking because of his upside is Ted Ginn. While the Chiefs, more than anything else, need an explosive interior pass-rush, a potential No. 1 WR with Ginn's upside is hard to pass, too.

akvikefan89
12-21-2006, 05:40 AM

WR and DE are easilly the weakest position on the Vikings. When we get Erasmus James back next year WR is definatly the weakest point. Any fan who says otherwise is kidding themselves, we have:

Troy Williamson: Among the top of the league in drops, very raw...
Travis Taylor: Was a bust for the Ravens, he should be a #3 WR...
Marcus Robinson: Good in the red-zone, doesn't see much other action...
Billy Mcmullen: See Travis Taylor, Eagles fans did not like him either...
Bethel Johnson: Picked up as a Kick Returner, not much else he does...

We'll probably pick up a veteran backup QB, but the future QB in MN has already been drafted, no way they draft another in the first day...

I'd put a hole through the wall if the Vikings passed on Jarrett...

12-21-2006, 06:43 PM
WR and DE are easilly the weakest position on the Vikings. When we get Erasmus James back next year WR is definatly the weakest point. Any fan who says otherwise is kidding themselves, we have:

We'll probably pick up a veteran backup QB, but the future QB in MN has already been drafted, no way they draft another in the first day...

I'd put a hole through the wall if the Vikings passed on Jarrett...[/quote]

Then you'd better put some extra dry wall sheets in your garage come April.

The Vikings have 0 Qb's on the roster as of this moment.
Brooks Bollinger isn't worth piss, Brad Johnson is already out the door
and Tavaris Jackson is a 6-0 slower "poor man's Michael Vick".
I doubt he'll make it in the league....he's back there tonight because there isn't a better option.

WR's have huge money invested into them and a QB is more important to a team than "franchise WR's" ...just ask Vince Young about that.

Moses
12-22-2006, 02:50 AM
Do you actually think the Vikings will give up on Jackson already? They traded up to get him. They'll give him at least a full year as a starter.

draftguru151
12-22-2006, 08:44 AM
Too early for Okoye, especially since he doesn't fit our defense.

21ST
12-22-2006, 08:46 AM
Redskins are going to sign a corner in FA

King Rhabuf
12-22-2006, 12:21 PM

I have no beef with Branch. He's just not in the same class in terms of talent as Quinn, Peterson, or Johnson.

Just because he plays DT doesn't mean he isn't good. Hes the best DT in the country and has the potential to be a stud at his position.

12-22-2006, 01:27 PM
Do you actually think the Vikings will give up on Jackson already? They traded up to get him. They'll give him at least a full year as a starter.
The guy who was in charge of that move (Trading up to get T.Jackson) was fired the day after the draft.

Do I think they'll give up on him ??? How can they ..they lack a better option going into next year. You play with what you have....and unless Brooks Bollinger turns into Peyton Manning overnight...I'm afraid
the purple are stuck with this horrible twosome.

I've said it a million times and I'll say it til it's fixed, but the Vikings QB of the future isn't currently on the roster.

(Matt Schaub who will be a F/A isn't the answer for us either).
The last Viking QB to get picked in the first (D.C.) was a 3 year plug in.
who if he didn't destroy his knee....would still be starting for us and we could concentrate on other positions.

Just imagine if a healthy D.C. (look up his years for the past 4) were at
the helm......Christ, I'm tearing up here.

johbur
12-22-2006, 05:47 PM

4. Arizona Cardinals :: Gaines Adams - Defensive End - Senior - Clemson If TB ends up in front of AZ, it would behoove AZ to trade up to #2 to get Joe Thomas.

9. Minnesota Vikings :: Dwayne Jarrett - Wide Receiver - Junior - USC They did trade up for TJ, but the O-line was terrible last night. #9 likely too high for Levi Brown, but I still think they would be better off solidifying the line unless Jarrett puts up crazy combine numbers.

12. Green Bay Packers :: Marshawn Lynch - Runningback - Junior - California I am not a fan of this at all. As you have the top two safeties gone, I'd rather trade down to get Zach Miller or Greg Olsen. Packers TEs blow dog. If keeping this, I much prefer Tedd Ginn, as he can also return kicks and punts. With the ZBS, I look for R3 or R4 for RBs.

21. New York Jets :: Levi Brown - Offensive Tackle - Senior - Penn St. They might go back to the line, but that would be three 1st rounders in two years at one group. Trey Teague will be coming back next year, plus whomever they have from this year or get in FA. Maybe Paul Puz here if they want a 3/4 look? Or a TE, as Baker had only 28 catches. Choice of Olsen/Miller.

24. Jacksonville Jaguars :: JaMarcus Russell - Quarterback - Junior - L.S.U. Jags should be OK between Garrard and Leftwich. If JaMarcus has a great combine, he'll be gone before here anyways... Their Wrs have not been good. Johnnie Lee Higgins then?

25. Cincinnati Bengals :: DeMarcus Tyler - Defensive Tackle - Senior - North Carolina St. Justin Smith an FA. Bengals fans will say no to a 1st round TE, but you have Olsen/Miller available here. The TEs showing on their roster have a combined 29 catches and 1 TD.

27. New Orleans Saints :: Paul Posluszny - Linebacker - Senior - Penn St. Who wouldn't want PP at #27? I see this as too low for PP. I thought of having him in the mid-teens. Then again, there are a number of good players taken from this point down, so maybe it is just NFL slide happening.

Solid overall draft!

12-22-2006, 09:22 PM

4. Arizona Cardinals :: Gaines Adams - Defensive End - Senior - Clemson If TB ends up in front of AZ, it would behoove AZ to trade up to #2 to get Joe Thomas.

9. Minnesota Vikings :: Dwayne Jarrett - Wide Receiver - Junior - USC They did trade up for TJ, but the O-line was terrible last night. #9 likely too high for Levi Brown, but I still think they would be better off solidifying the line unless Jarrett puts up crazy combine numbers.

12. Green Bay Packers :: Marshawn Lynch - Runningback - Junior - California I am not a fan of this at all. As you have the top two safeties gone, I'd rather trade down to get Zach Miller or Greg Olsen. Packers TEs blow dog. If keeping this, I much prefer Tedd Ginn, as he can also return kicks and punts. With the ZBS, I look for R3 or R4 for RBs.

21. New York Jets :: Levi Brown - Offensive Tackle - Senior - Penn St. They might go back to the line, but that would be three 1st rounders in two years at one group. Trey Teague will be coming back next year, plus whomever they have from this year or get in FA. Maybe Paul Puz here if they want a 3/4 look? Or a TE, as Baker had only 28 catches. Choice of Olsen/Miller.

24. Jacksonville Jaguars :: JaMarcus Russell - Quarterback - Junior - L.S.U. Jags should be OK between Garrard and Leftwich. If JaMarcus has a great combine, he'll be gone before here anyways... Their Wrs have not been good. Johnnie Lee Higgins then?

25. Cincinnati Bengals :: DeMarcus Tyler - Defensive Tackle - Senior - North Carolina St. Justin Smith an FA. Bengals fans will say no to a 1st round TE, but you have Olsen/Miller available here. The TEs showing on their roster have a combined 29 catches and 1 TD.

27. New Orleans Saints :: Paul Posluszny - Linebacker - Senior - Penn St. Who wouldn't want PP at #27? I see this as too low for PP. I thought of having him in the mid-teens. Then again, there are a number of good players taken from this point down, so maybe it is just NFL slide happening.

Solid overall draft!

This overall assetment is in line with what I was thinking....awesome job !!

Gridiron
12-22-2006, 09:35 PM

Baker's lack of production isn't because he's bad, it's because we use the TE in more of a blocking role (often having 2 on the field, 1 as an H-Back), and the outstanding productivity from Coles and Cotchery. Sure, he only has 28 catches, but he makes plays. We won't be taking a TE in this draft at all, especially in Round 1.

Puz is a possibility if Vilma is traded, but if not, there's no way we take him.

Brown is a great pick. Teague only has 1 more year on his contract and could get cut due to Mangold's emergence, but I can definitely see him moving over to RT. Either way, he's not a long term answer and I know for a fact that Mangini wants to develop a top-tier OL. Brown is a great pick.

King Rhabuf
12-22-2006, 10:33 PM

Solid overall draft!

I doubt the Cardinals could trade up. The Raiders giving up #2 would mean they give up CJ, and they don't need a DE, as they have Burgess.

The Packers need a HB if they don't resign Green.

Nothing wrong with Jets taking more offensive line, this was discussed in my topic.

akvikefan89
12-23-2006, 01:30 AM

I'd put a hole through the wall if the Vikings passed on Jarrett...

Then you'd better put some extra dry wall sheets in your garage come April.

The Vikings have 0 Qb's on the roster as of this moment.
Brooks Bollinger isn't worth piss, Brad Johnson is already out the door
and Tavaris Jackson is a 6-0 slower "poor man's Michael Vick".
I doubt he'll make it in the league....he's back there tonight because there isn't a better option.

WR's have huge money invested into them and a QB is more important to a team than "franchise WR's" ...just ask Vince Young about that.[/quote]

Did you watch the game last night? Story of the season, WR's dropping passes left and right.

Childress didn't draft Jackson to start 2 games. He's the QB of the future.

FloridaFootball
12-23-2006, 02:01 AM
Why do you see the Eagles taking WR? Stallworth and Brown are fine. I feel they will take a SS or ILB. Your thoughts?

Bills2083
12-23-2006, 10:08 AM
Great pick for the Bills

12-23-2006, 04:05 PM
avikefan89 "Did you watch the game last night? Story of the season, WR's dropping passes left and right.

Childress didn't draft Jackson to start 2 games. He's the QB of the future."

Williamson dropped one ball...yawn. That 1 ball made the difference ?
You're turning a blind eye to the facts.

1-We got 3 first downs.
2-the offense has NOT produced all season and it starts with the line.
3-Williamson is NOT used correctly. Williamson as a burner is the same as Kevin Williams as the Fullback....stupid.
4- Childress DID NOT draft T.Jackson....the guy who took headed the draft VP "Fran Foley" less than a week after the debacle.
Childress had a hand in the draft, but all he did was listen to the advice
that was given to him by Scott Studwell , Foley and co (Scouting) and told them what positions he wanted filled. Studwell and Foley pretty much
determine from there on ...who will be drafted. Evidently Foley went overboard falling for Jackson and Childress got pissed tattled to "daddy" (Zigy) and Foley got the Axe for it.

so don't sit here and type all high and mighty about Jackson is "his" guy.

QB's that fall in love with their QB's typically get fired for it once the QB's stop producing.

...again, the Vikings future at QB is not on the roster.

akvikefan89
12-23-2006, 04:31 PM
avikefan89 "Did you watch the game last night? Story of the season, WR's dropping passes left and right.

Childress didn't draft Jackson to start 2 games. He's the QB of the future."

Williamson dropped one ball...yawn. That 1 ball made the difference ?
You're turning a blind eye to the facts.

1-We got 3 first downs.
2-the offense has NOT produced all season and it starts with the line.
3-Williamson is NOT used correctly. Williamson as a burner is the same as Kevin Williams as the Fullback....stupid.
4- Childress DID NOT draft T.Jackson....the guy who took headed the draft VP "Fran Foley" less than a week after the debacle.
Childress had a hand in the draft, but all he did was listen to the advice
that was given to him by Scott Studwell , Foley and co (Scouting) and told them what positions he wanted filled. Studwell and Foley pretty much
determine from there on ...who will be drafted. Evidently Foley went overboard falling for Jackson and Childress got pissed tattled to "daddy" (Zigy) and Foley got the Axe for it.

so don't sit here and type all high and mighty about Jackson is "his" guy.

QB's that fall in love with their QB's typically get fired for it once the QB's stop producing.

...again, the Vikings future at QB is not on the roster.

If you think the T-Will pass was the only one that was dropped you didn't watch much of the game. And I'd like to borrow your crystal ball that is telling you the Vikings future QB isn't on the roster. Childress has also repeatedly reffered to Jackson as his "piece of clay", he's a guy Childress wants to develope into the starter. You weren't in the draft room, you have no idea why Foley was fired, saying it was for trading up for Jackson is ludicrous. After Foley was fired it came out that he had been treating other staff horribly and did not get along with Childress, it wasn't because "he picked Jackson". LOL :lol:

12-23-2006, 04:49 PM
If you think the T-Will pass was the only one that was dropped you didn't watch much of the game. And I'd like to borrow your crystal ball that is telling you the Vikings future QB isn't on the roster. Childress has also repeatedly reffered to Jackson as his "piece of clay", he's a guy Childress wants to develope into the starter. You weren't in the draft room, you have no idea why Foley was fired, saying it was for trading up for Jackson is ludicrous. After Foley was fired it came out that he had been treating other staff horribly and did not get along with Childress, it wasn't because "he picked Jackson". LOL :lol

??? Nice deduction dumbass. I watched the "game" and saw a very average QB produce nothing dynamic to warrent giving him the starting gig in any year. how about 5 first downs...that isn't an unrealistic expectation. in the 30+ years of Viking football no Qb has ever "lead" his QB's to fewer than 4....until last thursday.

Childress uses "piece of clay" because it'd be inappropriate to use Piece of Sh!t.

Foley gave up 3 picks to get Jackson and Childress was pissed of course they didn't get along...might've been nice to have 3 top level talents instead of a project QB , when Childress had already said Brad Johnson was his man.

But you believe whatever it is you like...I simply don't care.

akvikefan89
12-23-2006, 05:46 PM
If you think the T-Will pass was the only one that was dropped you didn't watch much of the game. And I'd like to borrow your crystal ball that is telling you the Vikings future QB isn't on the roster. Childress has also repeatedly reffered to Jackson as his "piece of clay", he's a guy Childress wants to develope into the starter. You weren't in the draft room, you have no idea why Foley was fired, saying it was for trading up for Jackson is ludicrous. After Foley was fired it came out that he had been treating other staff horribly and did not get along with Childress, it wasn't because "he picked Jackson". LOL :lol

??? Nice deduction dumbass. I watched the "game" and saw a very average QB produce nothing dynamic to warrent giving him the starting gig in any year. how about 5 first downs...that isn't an unrealistic expectation. in the 30+ years of Viking football no Qb has ever "lead" his QB's to fewer than 4....until last thursday.

Childress uses "piece of clay" because it'd be inappropriate to use Piece of Sh!t.

Foley gave up 3 picks to get Jackson and Childress was pissed of course they didn't get along...might've been nice to have 3 top level talents instead of a project QB , when Childress had already said Brad Johnson was his man.

Foley gave up 3 picks? Try 2. You have nothing to back up that Foley was fired because of Jackson, that's nice if you like to think that way, but backing an argument on it is stupid.

psu2006
12-23-2006, 06:20 PM

jackson is a rookie from that did not play d-1 football who started his first pro game. he had no time in the pocket because we could not establish the run. the right side of the line played horrible, and the playcalling was horrendous. this is not tavaris' fault and you can not say after one game whether he is going to be a superstar. he came out of college raw and needs time to develop. imo he will be a good starter once he adjusts to the speed of the pro game and improves the mental part of his game.

and by the way foley's worse pick was picking ryan cook 3 rounds early, not trading up for jackson.