PDA

View Full Version : What To Do With Asante

Jvig43
07-13-2007, 06:00 AM
So obviously we have until monday for a deal to be worked out with Asante, what do you think ends up happening and if he chooses to hold out, what should we do with him? maybe try and trade him like Deion? or wait till week 10 for him to play.

ElectricEye
07-13-2007, 11:57 AM
I don't think he'll hold out forever. At the same time, I don't think he's getting a longterm deal from us. It's not how we do things. If he is absolutely hellbent on holding out, then it could get interesting. Assuming he's a bit more valuable than Deion Branch, then we should get a first round pick out of it. But that might not be the best thing for our team.
Anyway, hopefully it works out.

luckyjackaubrey
07-13-2007, 03:39 PM
'HAve to trust the powers that be on this one again. They have a track record of being right more than blowing these decisions. The fact is Samuel was a 4th round pick and the $$ on the table far exceeds anything he could have expected to earn based on his draft slot. The fact the Pats went out and aquired the players they did this past winter tells us all that they are not completely short- sighted and will pay top dollar for talent (witness Thomas) and will take some chances on less than sure things (Moss) .

The message to Samuel is clearly ; " take the one year deal and prepare to return to the table next season a humble bumble" . Yukon Cornelious references aside, Asante is over stating his worth. He won't repeat a 10 pick seson, especially if he is putting little to no effort into either physical or mental preparation for the coming season. His production was a combo of his efforts and those on the field with him. If he wants the big $$ he can forget the superbowls, rarely do the two come hand in hand.

Personally I would tell him he has until training camp begins or he will be supspended. THis team needs to be cohesive and get on to preparing who will be on the field this season. THere are plenty of options to take his place.

ElectricEye
07-14-2007, 10:35 PM
SportsCenter just said a deal was close. But that's according to Asante's agent. I don't know. I don't see us paying him anywhere near the money he wants...and I don't think his demands have gone down.

Jvig43
07-15-2007, 09:07 AM
SportsCenter just said a deal was close. But that's according to Asante's agent. I don't know. I don't see us paying him anywhere near the money he wants...and I don't think his demands have gone down.

Maybe we offered him a deal like clements where we told him to play out this year, and we wont franchise him next year. I would be happy with that, although i was hoping to get maybe at least a three year deal with him. We'd have a better defense with him.

BufFan71
07-21-2007, 06:40 PM
the thing the Bills F.O did with clements about not franchising him again was a horrible descision