PDA

View Full Version : Movie Help

jag
07-13-2007, 03:53 PM
Well today is Friday the 13th, so I'm having a few people over to watch some scary movies, we're gonna order pizza and all that ****.

So what I need help with are some suggestions on what movies I should go pick up before everybody shows up. I'm not too big on the blood/gore things, I'm more of a physchological thrillers/suspense/mystery kind of guy.

All suggestions are welcome.

Shane P. Hallam
07-13-2007, 03:56 PM
Se7en is the best there is that isn't exactly horror genre IMO.

WMD
07-13-2007, 03:56 PM
Jacob's Ladder. 28 Days Later is also very good.

jag
07-13-2007, 03:58 PM
Sounds good, I'm planning on picking up 3 movies so thats perfect. Thanks guys.

fischbowl
07-13-2007, 03:59 PM
The Shining.

HoopsDemon12
07-13-2007, 04:08 PM
http://www.toywebb.net/images/wiggles-movie.jpg

critesy
07-13-2007, 04:09 PM
the bone collector

shavedaeyebrow2
07-13-2007, 04:10 PM
Jacob's Ladder. 28 Days Later is also very good.

28 Days Later was a good movie but it wasn't really scary, so if you are looking to be scared, then this isn't the movie you want. Off topic but did anyone see the sequal?

Jvig43
07-13-2007, 04:18 PM
The Shining.

+ rep, i saw this movie when i was eight, and did that keep me up for nights, this movie is still a good one to watch, really f***** up. Halloween was a good one too, the first one anyway.

Yeah i saw the sequel to 28 days later, it was def more scarier than the first. i dont get scarred easily, but that movie has some wicked tense parts, it was on par with the first in my opinion.

Cashmoney
07-13-2007, 06:43 PM
signs is kinda psychological/suspense. you'll probably either love it or hate it though

fischbowl
07-13-2007, 06:52 PM
signs is kinda psychological/suspense. you'll probably either love it or hate it though

M. Night Shyamalan is terrible.

The Unseen
07-13-2007, 06:53 PM

Terrible, no. Overhyped, yes.

M.O.T.H.
07-13-2007, 06:54 PM

yes he is...extremely overrated.

The Sixth Sense was his only work that I actually liked.

Man_Of_Steel
07-13-2007, 06:55 PM
Bend it like Beckham

-black
07-13-2007, 06:56 PM
if your going to watch a movie by yourself, then get the physological scary movies like 6th sense, seven, bone collector. ect...those have suspense, but a plot to think about

if your watching with a group of ppl then get a horror/slasher/gore movie....Jason vs Freddy, Halloween, or something with alot of blood and cool death scenes

I havent seen either, but I hear the Exorcist (yes I have never seen it) and the Ring is very scary

M.O.T.H.
07-13-2007, 06:58 PM
if your going to watch a movie by yourself, then get the physological scary movies like 6th sense, seven, bone collector. ect...those have suspense, but a plot to think about

if your watching with a group of ppl then get a horror/slasher/gore movie....Jason vs Freddy, Halloween, or something with alot of blood and cool death scenes

I havent seen either, but I hear the Exorcist (yes I have never seen it) and the Ring is very scary

The ring is garbage...one of those pg 13, teen "scary" movies. Just like the Grudge among others.

HoopsDemon12
07-13-2007, 07:00 PM
The ring is garbage...one of those pg 13, teen "scary" movies. Just like the Grudge among others.

the grudge was not scary at all....

M.O.T.H.
07-13-2007, 07:03 PM
the grudge was not scary at all....

I know, just like the ring...and every other pg-13 "horror" movie.

Paul
07-13-2007, 07:09 PM
Some may not like it, but The Others freaked me out when I first saw it theaters.

Cashmoney
07-13-2007, 07:09 PM
freddy vs. jason sucked balls as well

Paul
07-13-2007, 07:15 PM
freddy vs. jason sucked balls as well

Did you actually think it was going to be good? Anytime there's a film combining two washed up and dull characters or franchises its going to be some sad attempt to recapture past glories. ie Freddy vs Jason, Alien Vs Predator and Joani loves Chachi.

M.O.T.H.
07-13-2007, 07:16 PM
Meh... I know a lot of those stupid movies...freak out my peers but, I just didnt think they were the slightest bit scary. I guess, I'm not the best judge though, I was raised on scary movies...ever since I was like 5 years old...I was traumautized back in the day or something...haha...now a days, nothing seems scary anymore.

-black
07-13-2007, 07:18 PM
Freddy vs Jason (and heck, almost any slasher movie) is not suppose to be "good"...just something entertaining....

there arent too many scary movies in the first place that are actually scary

Paul
07-13-2007, 07:18 PM
Sounds like a healthy childhood there MOTH.

When I was kid I saw IT, the movie with the murderous clown, and that scarred me throughout my childhood. Used to have nightmares of Ronald McDonald chasing me around my house. Stupid f'n clowns.

Cashmoney
07-13-2007, 07:19 PM
the original halloween scared me

-black
07-13-2007, 07:19 PM

what exactly is the ring about?

Scream 1 was a good movie....expecially to watch with friends

Cashmoney
07-13-2007, 07:20 PM

When I was kid I saw IT, the movie with the murderous clown, and that scarred me throughout my childhood. Used to have nightmares of Ronald McDonald chasing me around my house. Stupid f'n clowns.

i used to have nightmares about E.T.
he scared the bejeezus out of me.

Paul
07-13-2007, 07:22 PM
i used to have nightmares about E.T.
he scared the bejeezus out of me.

E.T.? Seriously? The little frail alien.

M.O.T.H.
07-13-2007, 07:22 PM

haha...my dad was a big "horror" buff back in the day. Damn, I had nightmares for so long...but, I guess it's made me much tougher today...haha.

My nightmares...Jason Vorhees, Chucky, Freddy, Mike Myers...for many years when i was younger. It sucked.

M.O.T.H.
07-13-2007, 07:23 PM

I heard E.T. was a violent drunk, though. maybe he was right to be scared.

-black
07-13-2007, 07:23 PM
I always had the weirdest dreams...like the killer would be chasing me throughout my dream, but right when they had the chance to kill me something random would happen....like i'd learn to fly or something....or Jason would start dancing like Michael Jackson from thriller

I never died or even got hurt in any of my nightmares

M.O.T.H.
07-13-2007, 07:24 PM
what exactly is the ring about?

Scream 1 was a good movie....expecially to watch with friends

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0298130/

I got a question...Why the hell, do people find little kids scary in moves? especially little girls...so stupid.

Cashmoney
07-13-2007, 07:24 PM

if only you knew.
i had a poster my aunt gave me. his eyes followed me everywhere it was like it was alive. and my mom wouldnt let me take it down because it was a gift. but they had no problem throwing away my jurassic park and ninja turle posters. (i hold a grudge to this day.)

M.O.T.H.
07-13-2007, 07:25 PM
I always had the weirdest dreams...like the killer would be chasing me throughout my dream, but right when they had the chance to kill me something random would happen....like i'd learn to fly or something....or Jason would start dancing like Michael Jackson from thriller

I never died or even got hurt in any of my nightmares

Damn, I got the **** beaten out of me in my dreams...haha.

Paul
07-13-2007, 07:28 PM
if only you knew.
i had a poster my aunt gave me. his eyes followed me everywhere it was like it was alive. and my mom wouldnt let me take it down because it was a gift. but they had no problem throwing away my jurassic park and ninja turle posters. (i hold a grudge to this day.)

ROFL. That's pretty bad. Can't blame you for something like that.

Scotty D
07-13-2007, 07:29 PM
The Descent scared me.

-black
07-13-2007, 07:30 PM
killers/slasher dudes dont scare me...cuz they can be killed....things that scare me are ghost movies and movies with little kids.....how come all phscological movies have little kids (that talk with no emotion and scare the ish outta u)....(6th sense, signs, the little dancing kids in Nightmare of Elm Street, Children of the Corn, the others etc)

http://www.algorelabs.com/uploaded_images/Movie_i_see_dead_people-767478.jpg

M.O.T.H.
07-13-2007, 07:30 PM
The Descent scared me.

really? that movie was just weird to me...did they even explain what those things were?

-black
07-13-2007, 07:31 PM
oh, I know a Good Movie

Jeepers Creepers....I actually liked that movie....both of them actually (although i didnt get to finish the 2nd one)

M.O.T.H.
07-13-2007, 07:31 PM
killers/slasher dudes dont scare me...cuz they can be killed....things that scare me are ghost movies and movies with little kids.....how come all phscological movies have little kids (that talk with no emotion and scare the ish outta u)....(6th sense, signs, the little dancing kids in Nightmare of Elm Street, Children of the Corn, the others etc)

http://www.algorelabs.com/uploaded_images/Movie_i_see_dead_people-767478.jpg

Little kids are not scary...ugh. I just asked a question about this a few posts up...ha.

I can never get in ghost movies...mostly because, i dont believe in ghosts at all...

-black
07-13-2007, 07:32 PM
Little kids are not scary...ugh. I just asked a question about this a few posts up...ha.

let your girl tell you she is pregnant....and then tell me little kids arent scary

Paul
07-13-2007, 07:34 PM

I can never get in ghost movies...mostly because, i dont believe in ghosts at all...

Little kids are creepy, bare none. If I see a little girl sitting on the ground in a room by herself, singing ring-around-the-rosey with no emotion, i'm looking for a sharp object.

M.O.T.H.
let your girl tell you she is pregnant....and then tell me little kids arent scary

lol...I figured someone would make a comment like that. :)

As for Jeepers Creepers...the first one was okay...the 2nd sucked. They were on a bus for the whole movie.

BlindSite
Dawn of the Dead and The Hills have eyes

M.O.T.H.
07-13-2007, 07:35 PM
Little kids are creepy, bare none. If I see a little girl sitting on the ground in a room by herself, singing ring-around-the-rosey with no emotion, i'm looking for a sharp object.

ugh, the Others sucked. I was bored out of my mind watching that movie.

Sorry, if I'm being too critical...haha.

Paul
07-13-2007, 07:38 PM
ugh, the Others sucked. I was bored out of my mind watching that movie.

Sorry, if I'm being too critical...haha.

You quoted the wrong post, but okay LOL. Not to critical, sounds like your immune to most of this stuff, and I have no shame in saying clowns and little creepy girls freak me the f*** out.

M.O.T.H.
07-13-2007, 07:39 PM
You quoted the wrong post, but okay LOL. Not to critical, sounds like your immune to most of this stuff, and I have no shame in saying clowns and little creepy girls freak me the f*** out.

Didnt that happen in the Others? Little girl all alone in the room...got a little veil over her face..."Where's my daughter?" "are you mad? I am your daughter."

Paul
07-13-2007, 07:41 PM
Didnt that happen in the Others? Little girl all alone in the room...got a little veil over her face..."Where's my daughter?" "are you mad? I am your daughter."

Yeah, that happened. But no ring around the rosy.

Scotty D
07-13-2007, 07:42 PM
Dawn of the Dead and The Hills have eyes

I'd put the Hills Have Eyes in the disturbing category.

Cashmoney
07-13-2007, 07:43 PM
I'd put the Hills Have Eyes in the disturbing category.

i cant believe i bought that piece o' **** movie.

M.O.T.H.
07-13-2007, 07:43 PM
Yeah, that happened. But no ring around the rosy.

meh, same thing...little kids in scary movies...cliche and not scary. Like that little meowing boy in the Grudge...haha.

Paul
07-13-2007, 07:45 PM
meh, same thing...little kids in scary movies...cliche and not scary. Like that little meowing boy in the Grudge...haha.

LOL that was more funny then scary.

WMD
07-14-2007, 05:03 AM
28 Days Later was a good movie but it wasn't really scary, so if you are looking to be scared, then this isn't the movie you want. Off topic but did anyone see the sequal?

Yeah, I saw the sequel, it sucked.. bad.

Namy
07-14-2007, 05:25 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0298130/

I got a question...Why the hell, do people find little kids scary in moves? especially little girls...so stupid.

For me, it's not the little girls themselves that scare me but it's the effing hair that covers their faces... just gives me the chills. As to explain why girls or kids scare people, my guess is that it adds such a psychological contrast to the norm... a kid is usually innocent and cheerful... thus, kids taht are possessed, have pale skin, hair covering their faces as if they had died, etc, are just creepy.

Of course, if you're immune to it, then it's not creepy at all. Similarly, to me... i dont know why so many ppl are afraid of clowns. I remember watching IT as a kid, and it seriously did not scare me at all.

As for a REALLY scary movie... one of my friends criticizes movies as a hobby and he told me that he believes Psycho is one of the scariest movies of all time.

ripdw27
07-14-2007, 11:21 PM
the only time movies scare me are in the movie theatr.. i remember watchin exorcist n it dint really phase me yet the movie stay alive did.. but thru that movie my friens were all scaring each other..

M.O.T.H.
07-14-2007, 11:22 PM
Stay Alive? yuck...that movie was so bad.

ripdw27
07-14-2007, 11:25 PM
idk i kinda liked it... some of it jus got to me i think it was better because we had bigscreen n surround sound idk

swordman
07-17-2007, 08:01 AM
Nobody thought that blair witch project was scary

Iknow the first hour can be boring but the last half hour really got to me

off-topic but it remember an episode of family guy where brian takes a blind guy to the this movie and comment: "nothing's happening...nothing's happening...nothing's happening...nothing's happening...something about a map...nothing's happening...nothing's happening...end of the movie"

anyway this movie was kinda scary to me but you have to watch it in an horror-movie-context

Moses
07-17-2007, 08:09 AM
Blair Witch was the scariest movie I've ever seen I think. That said, I hate horror movies.

fischbowl
07-17-2007, 08:27 AM
jag what did you end up watching?

JCutlery
07-17-2007, 04:10 PM
Alien Vs Predator\

One of the worst movies EVER.

JF4
07-18-2007, 11:08 AM
I saw 1408 the other day, it was pretty good for a horror/suspense movie. I suggest some of you check it out.

Brent
07-18-2007, 11:47 AM
Dead Alive