PDA

View Full Version : Vote MLB Prospect Draft: E1. Durham vs. W2. Lake Elsinore (Semifinals)

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
07-15-2007, 01:53 PM
The 1st semifinal pits the Eastern Division Champion Durham Bulls againsts the Western Division's 2nd seeded Lake Elsinore Storm. Durham is heating up having won two in a row, while Lake Elsinore had a convincing quaterfinal win with a 6-2 victory over Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.

http://www.fis.ncsu.edu/hr/wolfperks/images/bullogo.jpg
Durham Bulls

Lineup:
1. Jason Heyward OF
2. Reid Brignac SS
3. Justin Upton OF
4. Ryan Braun 3B
5. Billy Butler OF
6. Bill Rowell DH
7. Matt LaPorta 1B
8. Chris Couglan 2B
9. Devin Morasco C

I have Heyward leading off. In my eyes he is like Grady Sizemore in the sense that he is not a prototypical leadoff hitter but will provide both speed on the bases and power from the top. Second if have Brignac who to me is a prototypical 2 hole hitter. 3rd i have Upton who is a no brainer, providing a nice average as well as plentiful extra base hits. Hitting cleanup i have Ryan Braun who just rakes. He will provide 35-40 hr's with many rbis. 5th i have Billy Butler who can flat out hit and will help Braun drive in runs. 6th i have Billy Rowell who will provide ridiculous raw power and is another hitter who can hit 35-40 hr's. 7th i have Matt LaPorta who will hit 7th only because of the other talented hitters on this team. He will provide an insane amount of power and production from the 7th hole. Chris Couglan will do fine in the 8 hole hitting for average and a bit of power and Devin Morsasco will do what he can in the 9 hole and will show his 5 tools both at the dish and behind the plate catching.

Bench:
Angel Villalona
Elvis Andrus
Eric Duncan

This bench is all upside. If Villalona lives up to his potential he will be the next Miguel Cabrera. The hype is there and we have already seen he can hit and hit with power at only 16 years of old. Another phenom, Andrus has shown his skill at only 17. Both of these players can be truly special. Duncan will provide solid power and can play both 3rd and 1st.

Pitching Rotation:
1)Andrew Miller
2)Joba Chamberlain
3)Bryan Bullington
4)Kyle Drabek
5)Jarrod Parker

Starting it off will be the ace of the staff Andrew Miller. His lefty presence and excellent stuff will provide numerous ground balls and plenty of wins. Joba Chamberlain will provide ace numbers while 2nd in the rotation and will go under the radar while performing extraordinary. Bullington will live up to the hype he was given when drafted #1 overall in 2002 and will be a solid starter in the big leagues. My 4th and 5th starters are all about upside and i think both can be absolutely dominant. Drabek can hit 97mph and will make all the teams that passed on him regret basing their decision on his makeup. Parker has everything you look for in a pitcher and although he is undersized, will put up Roy Oswalt numbers while pitching from the back of the rotation

Bullpen:
RP: Dellin Betances
Closer: Andrew Carignan

Betances will be converted in a relief role where he can go all out with his unbelievable raw talent. He will not have to worry about going easy and i think he will be untouchable as a set up man. Carignan has proven at UNC that he has what it takes to be an excellent closer and i see no reason why he does not continue his success in the big leagues.

VS

http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/brands/0005/8339/brand.gif
Lake Elsinore Storm

Pitching Rotation

1. Nick Adenhart (R)
2. Scott Elbert (L)
3. Mike Pelfrey (R)
4. Jeff Niemann (R)
5. Eric Hurley (R)

This pitching staff has no real ace, but instead 5 very quality productive pitchers that are capable of being aces on any other team. You know what to expect every night when these guys take the mound

Bullpen

Relief: Jonathon Sanchez (L)
Closer - Chris Perez (R)

This bullpen has the capability of being dominant. Starting off with fire-ball throwing lefty Jonathon Sanchez and finishing off with the strike out machine Chris Perez.

Defensive Alignment

C - Hank Conger
1B - Craig Brazell
2B - Dustin Pedroia
SS - Brandon Wood
3B - Alex Gordon
LF - Chris Young
CF - Adam Jones
RF - Josh Hamilton

Bench
Kyle Blanks- (DH,1B)
Eric Patterson (IF)
Matt Antonelli (3B,2B,OF)
Terry Evans (OF)

Antonelli is a gamer who is cabale of playing any position on any given day. He will give you 110% effort every play while also putting up respectable batting avg. and power numbers. Any player on my bench could easily take over for someone on the starting roster if need be.

Batting Order

1. Adam Jones (CF)
2. Dustin Pedroia (2B)
3. Brandon Wood (SS)
4. Alex Gordon (3B)
5. Chris Young (LF)
6. Craig Brazell (1B)
7. Josh Hamilton (RF)
8. Kyle Blanks (DH)
9. Hank Conger (C)

First off is Adam Jones, that prototypical 5-tool prospect that every team dreams about. He is a capable 30-30 guy. Next up is Pedroia who has had a terrific year so far in his first year at Boston. At #3 is Brandon Wood who is widely known around the baseball world as one of the best young prospects and some people have gone as far as to compare the young SS to Cal Ripken Jr. Batting cleanup is Alex Gordan who is capable of being a 40+ home run guy and is already starting to turn it around after his sub-par start of the year for the Royals. Batting in the 5 hole is Chris Young, who is also another 5-tool prospect capable of being a 30-30 guy. At #6 is Craig Brazell who's name might not sound familiar to the common baseball fan, but this guy already has 29 home runs this year in the minor leagues. If he could even do half that at the major league level he's ok by me. Most baseball fans now know about Josh Hamilton who really struggled with a substance abuse problem, but has since turned it around and he can hit for average and power. At #8 is Kyle Blanks who is 6-6 285 pound and can hit for average and power also. The only real question mark on my team is Hank Conger is still very young and raw, but also can be a big time power threat and for a catcher that is rear.

princefielder28
07-15-2007, 03:58 PM
I went Storm