PDA

View Full Version : 12 preseason games that might be worth watching

BlindSite
07-15-2007, 08:16 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10253571

Not a bad write up, clearly its a slow news day.

The Legend
07-15-2007, 09:13 PM
hmm wonder if moss will even play

PalmerToCJ
07-15-2007, 09:20 PM
I like #12 but the Colts/Bengals final preseason game is always terrible to watch because none of the starters play for either team now. Seriously, I'm hardcore but this game is extra hard to watch.

BamaFalcon59
07-15-2007, 09:24 PM
Lord knows I'll watch any football game that is on TV. I'm craving some football.

Hines
07-15-2007, 09:34 PM
its really stupid that i cant watch the hall of fame game cuz ill be at football camp
=(

Brent
07-15-2007, 09:44 PM
Lord knows I'll watch any football game that is on TV. I'm craving some football.
same here...

Jvig43
07-15-2007, 09:55 PM
I Honestly cannot wait for any football to start. i normally dont buy madden the first month it comes out, but i think i will just because im going thro withdrawals. I cant wait for the colts vs the saints, game one. i think that will be a nice treat to kick off the season.

neko4
07-15-2007, 09:57 PM
hmm wonder if moss will even play

hmm wonder if i even care

Caddy
07-15-2007, 11:24 PM
I am completely shocked that the Bucs even made the list. Thank you Patriots.

NGSeiler
07-15-2007, 11:35 PM
There's not a whole lot to get excited about on the first half of that list, except maybe Trent Green's return to KC. The other four games don't offer me much in terms of storyline - Brady & McNabb won't see much time in those games, and the others are just debuts. I don't care about Vick's first 2007 appearance, and the new head coaches aren't going to be giving away anything.

#6, #8, and maybe #10 are the only ones I'd actually think to tune into, personally.

M
07-16-2007, 12:07 AM
Yes, most of these games will blow but look at it a different way. If any of these games were on tonight, would you not watch them? Exactly.

These games do not have such compelling story lines, they are simply games being played.

Right now we only have MLS (yeah David - give me a break) or MLB (who cares) or WNBA (I think the regular season is underway but I really have no idea), or the tour de france (the most impressive thing is how the announcers can actually talk for 6 hours straight about interesting things that has little to do with the race itself). I would watch a live feed from an NFL training camp on the NFL network over any of these shows.

ShutDwn
07-16-2007, 12:08 AM
I just want to see some progression in the offense of the Panthers game to game. That and whoever is playing the SS position do well.

diabsoule
07-16-2007, 02:40 AM
Damn, according this guy there are no Saints pre-season games worth watching.

BlindSite
07-16-2007, 07:51 AM
I dunno why but I like to see the second and third stringers. There's a couple of guys every game who are a level above the rest but not quite good enough who tear people apart

iloxygenil
07-16-2007, 08:02 AM
ATL has 3 / 4 games on there heh...

bsaza2358
07-16-2007, 08:19 AM
The only reason I care about the preseason is injuries and position battles. Otherwise, the coaches tend not to try that much. I know that Andy Reid doesn't gameplan at all for these things.

Iamcanadian
07-16-2007, 08:33 AM
The way the NFL is sructured today, their is only one preseason game worth watching for each team and that is usually the 4th game. With a 16 game schedule, injuries are too common for any HC to play his regulars more than 1 full game during the exhibition season and that is usually the 4th exhibition game. Other than that, you are very lucky to see the regulars start for more than 1 quarter and that only starts to happens around the 3rd exhibition game. So if you like to watch a bunch of nobodies playing against a bunch of nobodies, the exhibition games are the place. Every HC knows the games mean nothing and basically are protecting their starters from injury before the season starts.The only teams that might risk playing their starters a bit more, are teams that had losing records. They may be in a ticket sale crunch and need to look good or they may be breaking in a new HC with a completely new scheme who is trying to acquaint his regulars to these new schemes. The risk of injury in pro football is so great that only a very foolish HC would expose his players to preseason punishment for more than 1 game and a couple of other quarters. In today's game, the 1st 2 games of the regular season are used to get teams up to snuff for the remaining 14 games.

Brent
07-16-2007, 08:36 AM
The way the NFL is sructured today, their is only one preseason game worth watching for each team and that is usually the 4th game. With a 16 game schedule, injuries are too common for any HC to play his regulars more than 1 full game during the exhibition season and that is usually the 4th exhibition game. Other than that, you are very lucky to see the regulars start for more than 1 quarter and that only starts to happens around the 3rd exhibition game. So if you like to watch a bunch of nobodies playing against a bunch of nobodies, the exhibition games are the place. Every HC knows the games mean nothing and basically are protecting their starters from injury before the season starts.The only teams that might risk playing their starters a bit more, are teams that had losing records. They may be in a ticket sale crunch and need to look good or they may be breaking in a new HC with a completely new scheme who is trying to acquaint his regulars to these new schemes. The risk of injury in pro football is so great that only a very foolish HC would expose his players to preseason punishment for more than 1 game and a couple of other quarters. In today's game, the 1st 2 games of the regular season are used to get teams up to snuff for the remaining 14 games.
Actually, the 3rd is the game that the starters play the most. The 4th is one in which the starters hardly play, if they even suit up.

Mr. Stiller
07-16-2007, 02:27 PM
same here...

Guys..

You can find sites to download the games.

I have the last 2 full Steeler Seasons.

LonghornsLegend
07-17-2007, 02:32 AM
well im probably in the minority, but i get alot of joy out of watching the pre-season games...alot of the guys who get the work in those games are guys i knew, or friends, or just the lower tier players trying to make the team...I guess just growing up thru high school and college and knowing what its like to try and train and improve to get on the level to where you can make an NFL team, it interest me to see the level of play those guys play at...

im interested in how Travis Wilson plays for the Browns, he was in our district in high school and a very hard worker, i think he will be great for them but most of his playing time will be preseason...

so no it doesnt bother me i dont get to see much of steve smith, chad johnson, and the pro bowlers, but i see the guys around the bottom of the depth chart fighting for a roster spot, and it intrigues me to see what type of level those guys are on, so i watch ALL the preseason games i can, and in full at that...

Watchman
07-17-2007, 10:05 AM

The NFL Network's replays of recent games has been great lately. I caught Colts/Chiefs and Packer/Raiders last week. They play the original broadcast with network commentators, but they cut out all the dead space in between plays.

Similar to Direct TV's replays during the season where the condense a full game into 30 minutes.

Hines
07-17-2007, 10:53 AM
Guys..

You can find sites to download the games.

I have the last 2 full Steeler Seasons.

where at?????

PoopSandwich
07-17-2007, 11:33 AM
It's NFL football, I'll watch every second.

CC.SD
07-17-2007, 11:59 AM
I think a lot of teams will be tuning in to Chargers' preseason games, because LT doesn't play; it will be a showcasing of Michael Turner.