PDA

View Full Version : ESPYS

LonghornsLegend
07-15-2007, 10:57 PM
didnt see a thread already, since its already over...

was wondering who else caught them, and what they thought...it was pretty entertaining, kimmel is always funny and Lebron did a good job, although i thought they catered to peyton manning a little too much...didnt think the colts deserved to win best team over the gators basketball team

throwback54milkman
07-15-2007, 11:16 PM
I agree, the Colts kinda sucked in the regular season.....I think the Spurs and Gators football were actually the 2 best teams this year....the Gators basketball had a few bumps in the regular season, the Cardinals sucked, and no1 cares about women's basketball.

Cashmoney
07-15-2007, 11:26 PM
i thought when james slam dunked the "baby" was ********. kimmel asked the crowd if they wanted to see the baby and like two people in the crowd responded.

awfullyquiet
07-15-2007, 11:26 PM
I really don't get the point of the espy's seriously.
Don't they get enough recognition from the 24 hour sports networks known as espn.

LonghornsLegend
07-15-2007, 11:36 PM
Don't they get enough recognition from the 24 hour sports networks known as espn.

well i think you missed alot of really good points...

did you not see the award given to the NC State womens basketball coach? listening to that story, its people like her that they need awards shows...or last year when the autistic kid got in the high school game and scored like 18 pts in the 4th qt, he won best moment...those are the reasons they have the espys...

its just like saying why do movies have emmys, or why does music have grammys...dont you think all those are just as important, seeing as how their a tradition that is followed up with year in and out?

simms2clayton
07-16-2007, 12:14 AM

Yeah...what is the point of the ESPY's? Isn't winning a championship or MVP award enough?

BuckNaked
07-16-2007, 12:15 AM
Yeah...what is the point of the ESPY's? Isn't winning a championship or MVP award enough?

It gives Lebron James a chance to make Bobby Brown look talented by making a fool of himself.

Go_Eagles77
07-16-2007, 02:09 PM
Yeah the part where he slam dunked the baby was really dumb. I know it wasn't a real baby obviously but it just wasn't funny and was kinda offensive IMO. TO's presence pissed me off too lol

PalmerToCJ
07-16-2007, 02:10 PM
I didn't watch the actual show but saw the red carpet stuff just for Erin Andrews lol.

Ravens1991
07-16-2007, 02:13 PM
I wish Ben Askren would have won best college athlete.