PDA

View Full Version : Prooving a point

yodabear
12-21-2006, 01:29 AM
I am not talking as a star wideout or anything, just as a receiver on ur team. For instance, I know the Panthers already have Steve Smith, but would u still want him to have a duo of Smith and Holt?

Shiver
12-21-2006, 01:30 AM
Anyone who doesn't like Torry Holt is insane.

cunningham06
12-21-2006, 01:34 AM
Just to PROOVE the point if Torry Holt were on the Eagles McNabb would have insane numbers.

Moses
12-21-2006, 01:35 AM
What team wouldn't want another star wide receiver? That's like asking "Would your team like to have Brian Westbrook?" What is he going to do, hurt your team?

Shiver
12-21-2006, 01:35 AM
Just to PROOVE the point if Torry Holt were on the Falcons Vick would have insane numbers.

This sentence works with almost every team. Except for teams named Indianapolis, Arizona, Cincinnati.

cunningham06
12-21-2006, 01:42 AM
Just to PROOVE the point if Torry Holt were on the Falcons Vick would have insane numbers.

This sentence works with almost every team. Except for teams named Indianapolis, Arizona, Cincinnati.

Good point but everyone saw McNabb's numbers with TO imagine a WR who wasn't a lockerroom cancer and produced for many seasons? Vick would be quite awesome with Torry Holt though..

Xonraider
12-21-2006, 01:51 AM
Why?

yodabear
12-21-2006, 01:51 AM
The point of this thread is to proove a point to Hawkeye Fan who is saying Torry Holt is soft.

TheChampIsHere
12-21-2006, 01:53 AM
Tory Holt is without question a top 5 receiver, and he makes my personal top 3 based on his consistency. Who wouldnt want him???

Xonraider
12-21-2006, 01:53 AM
The point of this thread is to proove a point to Hawkeye Fan who is saying Torry Holt is soft.

You mean.. prove, right?

yodabear
12-21-2006, 01:54 AM
Tory Holt is without question a top 5 receiver, and he makes my personal top 3 based on his consistency. Who wouldnt want him???

Hawkeye Fan cuz he can't score 81 points by himself in a game.

yodabear
12-21-2006, 01:55 AM

You mean.. prove, right?

Yes.

TheChampIsHere
12-21-2006, 01:56 AM

heard that before some years ago, back when the Rams were the greatest show on turf...Tory laughed at it im pretty sure. all he does is produce, produce, produce. hes not a real physical guy but hes not afraid to take a hit either and when everything is said and done, his numbers might not be far from Jerry Rice, he gets you 1300 yards a season EVERY SEASON. he never gets hurt, he never stops showing effort, he never has character problems, he never just has off games where he drops a bunch of passes. Tory Holt is the man.

smittyjs
12-21-2006, 02:20 AM
Hell yeah
VY+Holt= 8) :D

The Legend
12-21-2006, 02:28 AM
im not that much of a bills fan but Holt and Evans sounds just nasty

12-21-2006, 06:08 AM
Nope, don't need him.

dRaFtDoRk
12-21-2006, 07:38 AM
Out of the top six receivers

Smith, Moss(losing it), Johnson, T.O. and Holt

Holt is defenitly the underrated one in that bunch, he's really just as productive as the rest of them, and he is a great team leader. I would love to have a player like Torry Holt on my team.

I'll rank the "6" that were up there:

Chad Johnson
Steve Smith
Marvin Harrison
Torry Holt
Terrell Owens
Randy Moss

Now there are other players that are coming into this "Elite" category, like Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin, Andre Johnson, Marques Colston, Santana Moss

I think by the seasons end, we can take Moss out of that picture and put another receiver in the top 6

Pocket
12-21-2006, 07:39 AM
I'd love it as the a Lions fan, and I'm sure Martz would be excited about it as well.

HawkeyeFan
12-21-2006, 09:12 AM
Nope, I want to trade him for a Playmaker not a route runner.

Torry Holt for say a Top 3 Draft pick sound fine? Then we can take Calvin Johnson someone who I'd love.

I like Torry but he doesn't even really care if he messes up, he just goes over and smiles.

21ST
12-21-2006, 09:28 AM
Hell yeah i would want torry holt

CC.SD
12-21-2006, 10:40 AM
They're not saying proove, they're saying moooooovers.

anyway, Torry Holt to the Chargers=pretty much beyond mortal comprehension.

TIP
12-21-2006, 11:03 AM
Keywords...HAWKEYE FAN...why would you care?

AdrianWilson12
12-21-2006, 11:24 AM
I wouldn't want him, but that isn't because he is "soft". More because it would be cap suicide and we have 2 younger recievers who play at around the same level.

12-21-2006, 11:25 AM

Torry Holt for say a Top 3 Draft pick sound fine? Then we can take Calvin Johnson someone who I'd love.

I like Torry but he doesn't even really care if he messes up, he just goes over and smiles.

Nobody would give up a top 3 pick for Tory Holt.

bearsfan_51
12-21-2006, 11:47 AM
Bears don't need him.

:lol:

FloridaFootball
12-21-2006, 11:49 AM
Why wouldn't you take him?

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
12-21-2006, 02:24 PM
I'd love it if the Broncos had him. Put him in the slot, and let Javon and Rod kill it on the outside. Jay Cutler would be even better, if that's even possible.

Jensen
12-21-2006, 02:41 PM
Cardinals don't really need him, we already have Fitz and Boldin, and Bryant Johnson has performed pretty well this season.

DMWSackMachine
12-21-2006, 02:48 PM

Nobody would give up a top 3 pick for Tory Holt.

That's not true. Isaih Thomas or Dan Snyder would probably trade nine of 'em for him.

But I would definitely do it. He's one of the best WR in the league who is at his apex, and should be for another 3-6 years. Hell yes I would take him, and trade a top 3 pick in the draft for him, most years. Now, THIS year, with CJ there....maybe not. But last year I would have traded the chance at VY and Mario Williams for him. Definitely.

Ace
12-21-2006, 02:50 PM
It's a stupid question to ask if you want Torry Holt on your team. Of course you would. I would take him over any of our WR's any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

12-21-2006, 02:59 PM
It's a stupid question to ask if you want Torry Holt on your team. Of course you would. I would take him over any of our WR's any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

No it's not. My two teams would definitely not want Tory Holt.

12-21-2006, 03:04 PM

Bull. The question asked, the way I interpreted it is "If Torry Holt came up to you and asked you if he could play for your team, would you want him?" It would be stupid to say no to that. He isn't TO. You're telling me you wouldn't rather have Holt over Bryant Johnson(just for the now, and Johnson can be deadly and allow them to run 4 wide alot) or Ricky Proehl? I call BS.

12-21-2006, 03:10 PM

Bull. The question asked, the way I interpreted it is "If Torry Holt came up to you and asked you if he could play for your team, would you want him?" It would be stupid to say no to that. He isn't TO. You're telling me you wouldn't rather have Holt over Bryant Johnson(just for the now, and Johnson can be deadly and allow them to run 4 wide alot) or Ricky Proehl? I call BS.

He would cost way too much.

12-21-2006, 03:13 PM

He would cost way too much.

I figured the point of the thread was if you ignored cost, and it didn't cost you any players/money, etc.

12-21-2006, 03:14 PM
If you're ignoring cost, any team in the history of football would take him, even if you're receivers were Steve Smith, Marvin Harrison and Terrell Owens.

NGSeiler
12-22-2006, 01:58 AM

:roll:

Anyone who has Torry Holt on his team and doesn't want him needs to have his head examined, IMO. It's as simple as that.

yourfavestoner
12-22-2006, 03:05 AM
I'd kill to have Torry Holt on the Jaguars, and I'd trade a top three draft pick in this year's draft to have him. I wouldn't really want CJ on the Jaguars anyways. I'm tired of oversized receivers who have trouble getting separation. I want a crafty route runner who can stretch the field as well, and that's exactly what Holt is.

locseti
12-22-2006, 03:46 AM
Tory Big game dot the i Holt is the man. Moss and Porter for Big Game seems fair.

The Legend
12-22-2006, 04:25 AM
Just for Hawkeye Fan, No - 8

wow

draftguru151
12-22-2006, 09:15 AM
If you're ignoring cost, any team in the history of football would take him, even if you're receivers were Steve Smith, Marvin Harrison and Terrell Owens.

That is the point. Hawkeye fan doesn't even want him on his team because he is "soft" because he goes down instead of getting hit. Marvin Harrison does the same thing.

Flyboy
12-22-2006, 09:39 AM
Joe Horn for Holt straight up.

Shiver
12-22-2006, 12:52 PM
You Rams fans are spoiled, I hope you know that. Our last good Wide Receiver was Terrence Mathis! :roll:

Star Wideout
12-22-2006, 01:00 PM
Yes

Yes

Yes

H*ll yes

our current WR's are Troy Dropsinson, Billy McMullen, Travis Taylor, and Marcus Robinson...I think I've said enough.

yourfavestoner
12-22-2006, 01:15 PM

That is the point. Hawkeye fan doesn't even want him on his team because he is "soft" because he goes down instead of getting hit. Marvin Harrison does the same thing.

Jerry Rice did it, too. A lot.

And you know what? Marshall Faulk and L.T. ran/run out of bounds a lot to protect themselves from taking unnecessary hits. Does that make them soft, too?

LSUALUM99
12-22-2006, 01:31 PM

Exactly.

Torry Holt = Marvin Harrison.

Holt doesn't exactly have the team or the QB that Harrison has, but is virtually the same player.

4pAc
12-22-2006, 03:47 PM
"Being Soft" saves your body and lets you play more years in the NFL

HawkeyeFan
12-22-2006, 03:53 PM
Joe Horn for Holt straight up.Deal.

Or I'd take that Porter and Moss for Holt trade too.

4pAc
12-22-2006, 03:56 PM
:roll:

Boston
12-22-2006, 04:29 PM
Apparently HF has 11 usernames.

draftguru151
12-22-2006, 05:11 PM

Or 11 people were bored.

12-22-2006, 05:11 PM

Nope, I voted for it and for good reason.

Boston
12-22-2006, 05:16 PM

You realize this has nothing to do with cap space, or the amount of money you would pay Holt, don't you? So you have Harrison and Wayne or Boldin and Fitzgerald, but you still can't honestly tell me you wouldn't take Holt on either one of those teams.

12-22-2006, 05:17 PM

You realize this has nothing to do with cap space, or the amount of money you would pay Holt, don't you? So you have Harrison and Wayne or Boldin and Fitzgerald, but you still can't honestly tell me you wouldn't take Holt on either one of those teams.

That was never said in the original post so when I voted, I had good reason.

sweetness34
12-22-2006, 07:04 PM
Joe Horn for Holt straight up.Deal.

Or I'd take that Porter and Moss for Holt trade too.

You're an idiot.

rainbeaukid2
12-22-2006, 07:05 PM
i would love to have holt on the niners

yodabear
12-23-2006, 12:04 AM

Or ten people are illirate. Even if the ? was including depth and and cap space, at least 25 teams and their fans would say hell yes. Obviously teams like the Colts, Crads, and Panthers would say no. But point is.......

Vikes have Holt, they are a playoff team.

Falcons have Holt, Vick is not only a pro-bowler, but also the Falcons are a sure playoff team.

Chiefs have Holt, their offense would be scary.

I mean I could go further, but I don't feel like it.

sweetness34
12-23-2006, 08:09 AM

Or ten people are illirate. Even if the ? was including depth and and cap space, at least 25 teams and their fans would say hell yes. Obviously teams like the Colts, Crads, and Panthers would say no. But point is.......

Vikes have Holt, they are a playoff team.
Falcons have Holt, Vick is not only a pro-bowler, but also the Falcons are a sure playoff team.

Chiefs have Holt, their offense would be scary.

I mean I could go further, but I don't feel like it.

:lol:

No offense yoda, but they need a QB. Jackson was just as at fault on Thursday as his WR's. Btw, they'll need more than one WR. :P

sweetness34
12-23-2006, 08:10 AM

So you're telling me even with those two you wouldn't take Holt? Why the hell not? Give Leinart another stud to throw too and you guys would be pretty much unguardable at WR.

12-23-2006, 08:11 AM

So you're telling me even with those two you wouldn't take Holt? Why the hell not? Give Leinart another stud to throw too and you guys would be pretty much unguardable at WR.

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/447819/2/istockphoto_447819_money_pile.jpg

sweetness34
12-23-2006, 08:18 AM

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/447819/2/istockphoto_447819_money_pile.jpg

Again, the argument was if you'd take him on your team, money was not an issue in this argument from what I understand.

The question was a simple, "would you take Holt on your team?"

12-23-2006, 08:20 AM
Like I said before, when I voted, I considered money because it didn't mention it not being an issue in the first post. Of course I would take Holt on my team if money wasn't an issue, every single team in the league would.

sweetness34
12-23-2006, 08:22 AM
Like I said before, when I voted, I considered money because it didn't mention it not being an issue in the first post. Of course I would take Holt on my team if money wasn't an issue, every single team in the league would.

That's the point of the friggin argument, to make HawkeyeFan look like a complete tool. Money was not an issue when yoda made this thread, it was made to make HF look like a friggin dumbass, which it did.

It's a simple yes/no question. Would you take Torry Holt on your team?

NGSeiler
12-23-2006, 10:42 AM
It's a simple yes/no question. Would you take Torry Holt on your team?

Indeed, there's no reason to overthink it.

Paul
12-23-2006, 11:11 AM
Uhh, yes. Next question.

YAYareaRB
12-23-2006, 11:14 AM
The 49ers could use him

NGSeiler
12-24-2006, 03:53 PM
Y'know, that Isaac Bruce isn't half bad either... 8)

Boston
12-24-2006, 04:02 PM

Who?

NGSeiler
12-24-2006, 04:09 PM

Who?

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/STR10612241957.jpg

Another 1,000 yard season to add to that Hall of Fame résumé. :D

Boston
12-24-2006, 04:22 PM

Who?

That's Torry Holt. :roll:

12-25-2006, 08:28 AM

Who?

Good one. :lol:

NGSeiler
12-25-2006, 08:47 AM

Are you suggesting a receiver who is 7th all time in receptions, 7th all time in receiving yards, 18th all time in receiving touchdowns, and 22nd all time in total yards from scrimmage is not deserving of HOF consideration?

Interesting.

The Unseen
12-25-2006, 08:50 AM

Who?

Why are there two accented vowels?

NGSeiler
12-26-2006, 01:23 PM

Who?

Because that's how I've always spelled résumé (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/r%C3%A9sum%C3%A9)?

Mr. Stiller
12-26-2006, 01:28 PM

Who?

Because that's how I've always spelled résumé (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/r%C3%A9sum%C3%A9)?

... because Resume is from French Dialect i believe. If not it would be "resume", to start something you paused from.

with the accents its a list of your acheivements and work experience.

njx9
12-26-2006, 01:36 PM

Are you suggesting a receiver who is 7th all time in receptions, 7th all time in receiving yards, 18th all time in receiving touchdowns, and 22nd all time in total yards from scrimmage is not deserving of HOF consideration?

Interesting.

given that art monk's stats aren't really all that far off, is it really that interesting?

NGSeiler
12-26-2006, 01:49 PM
... because Resume is from French Dialect i believe. If not it would be "resume", to start something you paused from.

with the accents its a list of your acheivements and work experience.

That too. :)

Interesting.

given that art monk's stats aren't really all that far off, is it really that interesting?

It would be interesting to me if cards' position was that Bruce was not deserving of HOF consideration, yes.

Dam8610
12-26-2006, 01:51 PM
Okay, so money is not an issue, and Peyton Manning can have 3 All-World talents at WR to throw to? Why would I, or any sane Colts fan for that matter, object to this?

NGSeiler
12-26-2006, 02:16 PM
Why would I, or any sane Colts fan for that matter, object to this?

That's the question. Why would any sane fan of any team not want Torry Holt on their team, especially if they already have him?