PDA

View Full Version : Two More Signed: Peterson & Hayward

Caddy
07-17-2007, 01:05 AM
http://buccaneers.com/news/newsdetail.aspx?newsid=5865

In a boring offseason I thought this was worthy of a thread.

Watchman
07-17-2007, 09:58 AM
I figure Adams won't even be close until next week. Who does that leave, Adams, Black, Sabby, Sears, anyone else?

Anyone hear any word on Sears injury?

tylerb929
07-17-2007, 10:53 AM
Who does that leave, Adams, Black, Sabby, Sears, anyone else?

Both 7th rounders, Denman and Darby

Merlin
07-17-2007, 12:55 PM
I figure Adams won't even be close until next week. Who does that leave, Adams, Black, Sabby, Sears, anyone else?

Anyone hear any word on Sears injury?Hell, I didn't even know he had one, what happened?

Watchman
07-17-2007, 01:53 PM
Hell, I didn't even know he had one, what happened?

I don't know. PR reported during the OTA's and minicamps that Sears didn't participate due to an undisclosed knee injury. Apparently the team has said that it isn't serious, but haven't given any details.

-black
07-17-2007, 01:57 PM
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q243/turkblack/sleepsmilie.gif

better news would be the signing of 1st round pick Calvin Johnson had things went my eay (or 2nd round pick Ryan Kalil)

Watchman
07-17-2007, 03:07 PM
time to turn the page

etk
07-17-2007, 03:18 PM
time to turn the page

*sniffle, sniffle*

"You don't have to turn the page/I read the story/it ends with you and me....."

Watchman
07-17-2007, 03:55 PM
*sniffle, sniffle*

"You don't have to turn the page/I read the story/it ends with you and me....."

nice!

10 characters

dbtb135
07-19-2007, 12:12 AM
better news would be the signing of 1st round pick Calvin Johnson had things went my eay (or 2nd round pick Ryan Kalil)

That bandwagon is still slowly rolling? I'd say it's time to get off...

Watchman
07-19-2007, 03:11 PM
That bandwagon is still slowly rolling? I'd say it's time to get off...

I think that bandwagon is actually sitting in the front yard up on blocks at this point. Code enforcement has ticketed it several times and it is scheduled to be towed away.

dbtb135
07-19-2007, 07:42 PM
I think that bandwagon is actually sitting in the front yard up on blocks at this point. Code enforcement has ticketed it several times and it is scheduled to be towed away.

It really shouldn't be surprising hearing a few of the Mike Williams supporters still saying we should trade for him this off-season. Those big time WR prospects sure do have die-hard fans....

etk
07-19-2007, 08:12 PM
It really shouldn't be surprising hearing a few of the Mike Williams supporters still saying we should trade for him this off-season. Those big time WR prospects sure do have die-hard fans....

Maybe the Mike Williams supporters have a point. Nobody has questioned his potential and talent, his main problem was focus and desire. It wouldn't hurt to come back and play for your home-town team, especially at the miniscule cost it would've been. It's pretty fair to assume that Williams would try a lot harder to make a name for himself back at home rather than in Detroit, which is a run-down city with poor team management.

Caddy
07-20-2007, 02:10 AM

Mike Williams blows. I was on the Derrick Johnson band wagon that year.

dbtb135
07-20-2007, 04:04 AM
Maybe the Mike Williams supporters have a point. Nobody has questioned his potential and talent, his main problem was focus and desire. It wouldn't hurt to come back and play for your home-town team, especially at the miniscule cost it would've been. It's pretty fair to assume that Williams would try a lot harder to make a name for himself back at home rather than in Detroit, which is a run-down city with poor team management.

Detroit's poor team management includes a guy in Mike Martz who makes nobody QBs and WRs productive. It's also pretty fair to assume that a guy who has had trouble seeing the field AT ALL and is called lazy isn't a bad guy to sidestep.

I don't get how people constantly knock guys like Kenyatta and Clayton, but then when a L.J. Shelton or Mike Williams is available they think he's worth a shot. One team's trash is usually another team's...TRASH in the NFL, not treasure.

dbtb135
07-20-2007, 04:06 AM
Mike Williams blows. I was on the Derrick Johnson band wagon that year.

I thought about Merriman for about half a second that off-season and thought "Nah". I was Caddy all the way. So weird in retrospect....

Watchman
07-20-2007, 12:15 PM
I remember thinking it was obvious the Bucs were taking Caddy, and that I didn't want Mike Williams.

etk
07-20-2007, 02:38 PM
I remember thinking it was obvious the Bucs were taking Caddy, and that I didn't want Mike Williams.

It was obvious, but I wanted Mike Williams too, along with Caddy, somehow.