PDA

View Full Version : Please no one start talking about signing Culpepper now that he is a FA !

ChefMike
07-17-2007, 04:59 PM
God I hope we don't slide into any rumors about a potential signing of Culpepper now that the Fins released him today... One we don't have the cap room and don't need him !!! If we didnt have McNair then maybe we could take the risk..but we don't need another FORMER Pro Bowl QB on the downside of his career. I am a fan of McNair but he is the stopgap until we have out long term solution at QB.

Would everyone agree or no ?

EdReedUnstoppable
07-17-2007, 06:09 PM
I would not be against signing him to a very low salary contract and having him be a IR guy and have him get healthy then takeover next year when McNair blows another shot at the Superbowl and Kyle leaves through FA.

ChefMike
07-17-2007, 06:42 PM
I would rather see us trade for Pacman Jones or sign him once the Titans release him then pick up Culpepper ! I don't disagree that at a cheap price he is better then most of the backups in the league but do you really think he can get back to his pro bowl form of 3 years ago ?

Ravens1991
07-17-2007, 06:52 PM
I wouldnt go cheer or cry if that happened. back up or possible starter for a couple of games until the QB of the future is ready.

SeanTaylorRIP
07-17-2007, 09:16 PM
Why would anyone be against it, sign him a 1 year deal, he sucks cut his ass no loss, he returns as an elite QB you just struck gold.

smittyjs
07-18-2007, 06:32 PM
I would not be against signing him to a very low salary contract and having him be a IR guy and have him get healthy then takeover next year when McNair blows another shot at the Superbowl and Kyle leaves through FA.:rolleyes: Damn McNair gets no respect from the Ravens fan.....

Ravens1991
07-18-2007, 06:46 PM
:rolleyes: Damn McNair gets no respect from the Ravens fan.....

Most Ravens fans respect McNair and are glad to have him.

EdReedUnstoppable
07-18-2007, 08:37 PM
Screw McNair, I wish he would go back to Tennessee and make sure the Titans don't win any superbowls for the next 3 years like he is doing here.

Ravens1991
07-18-2007, 09:11 PM
A question to McNair bashers/Boller lovers: Why should Boller start over McNair? I am trying to understand your side of the story.

EdReedUnstoppable
07-18-2007, 11:42 PM
A question to McNair bashers/Boller lovers: Why should Boller start over McNair? I am trying to understand your side of the story.

We have recievers who can stretch the field and McNair can't get them the ball with his noodle arm. And McNair is a choke artist QB always has been always will be.

Ravens1991
07-19-2007, 12:36 AM
I wouldnt call a QB who was a yard away from the super bowl a choke artist, yea he didnt have a good game against the colts, but in his 1st year in the system he led us to our best record ever, when Billick called plays he was looking good(IIRC you admitted something like that ERU, I think you said he looked decent) now Billick will call plays next season. He gets a off-season to gel w/ Heap, D-will, and Clayton, plus like McNair said McGahee can turn a 2 yard dump off into 8 yard gains, which will help our offense.