PDA

View Full Version : Trucks and Cars

Raiderz4Life
07-17-2007, 10:37 PM
Well, i just got my license 2 days ago, and im planning on buying myself a car as we only have 2 cars and both my parents are out a lot so i need to buy my own. Now im looking for a truck specifically.

I need help though as im not really a car fan and i just know basics and stuff. So i would appreciate if you guys could help me with advice on which trucks or even cars are best in both performance and fuel efficiency.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
If it helps i live in LA...in case you know somewhere i can go to check em out.
Again, help is greatly appreciated.

Moses
07-17-2007, 10:38 PM
You probably need to say how much money you have available...

ricky bobby
07-17-2007, 10:42 PM
Trucks are pointless with the gas prices now. Unless you live on a farm or haul stuff all day, you should just buy a fuel effiecent car. I saw a Toyota Yaris today, pretty nice car. I'd buy it if I wasn't heterosexual.

KILLERSANTA
07-17-2007, 10:43 PM
I have both.... :)

rainbeaukid2
07-17-2007, 10:44 PM
go with an older toyota tacoma, they are fuel efficient and not huge

Paul
07-17-2007, 10:46 PM
I drive Expedition and I love it. I drove a small lexus before, and it was fine, but I couldn't go back to it after riding around in the Expedition. Gas of course is what you expect, but it is not terrible.

WMD
07-17-2007, 10:48 PM
I usually check out AutoTrader.com

Click on "Advanced Search" and put in the information.. Comes up with a list of cars in your area for sale that fit what you want.

Brent
07-17-2007, 11:08 PM
Get a Honda Civic. Easy to find, cheap, very fuel efficient.

Raiderz4Life
07-17-2007, 11:09 PM
i only have about 7 to 8g to spend so obviously it has to be a used car. ive checked autotrader but i just wanted an opinion on which car would be best for a 17 year old.

mcdlaxbonz13
07-18-2007, 01:20 AM
get a POS beater for only like 500$ since the majority of new drivers get in an accident anyways.

nobodyinparticular
07-18-2007, 02:56 AM
i only have about 7 to 8g to spend so obviously it has to be a used car. ive checked autotrader but i just wanted an opinion on which car would be best for a 17 year old.

Kia Rios are pretty good for that price range. You could get a stripped down model (no A/C, no power steering, manual tran) new for less than 8k with the full 50/75/100 warranty. Toyota Camrys, Honda Civics or Honda Accords are good too--you'd have to go used, but you could still get pretty nice ones.

princefielder28
07-18-2007, 08:09 AM
Ford Explorer

fischbowl
07-18-2007, 11:07 AM
Im looking for a used Subaru Legacy sedan or used Isuzu Rodeo.

ricky bobby
07-18-2007, 11:10 AM
Im looking for a used Subaru Legacy sedan or used Isuzu Rodeo.
I have a '96 Subaru Legacy sedan. 165,000 miles and still running well. I think I can squeeze another year out of it. I'm going to look for a Subaru Impreza WRX next summer.

Splat
07-18-2007, 11:15 AM
I agree with the peeps that said go with a car cheaper when it comes to gas.

fischbowl
07-18-2007, 11:58 AM
I have a '96 Subaru Legacy sedan. 165,000 miles and still running well. I think I can squeeze another year out of it. I'm going to look for a Subaru Impreza WRX next summer.

how do you like it?

I test drove an Outback wagon and it was the best driving car ive ever driven.

tEk
07-18-2007, 12:41 PM
go with an older toyota tacoma, they are fuel efficient and not hugeperfect call. or if at all possible get a t100(very similar to the tacoma but the engine on that will run forever and gets over 20mpg.) they only made them till about 95 or 96 though, so if you want a new car. . . they are kinda out.

HoopsDemon12
07-18-2007, 12:45 PM
Just dopnt buy an explorer... mines a guzler... most toyota cars are really gas effiencient... my tercel is 19 years old and the biggest thing we have done to it is get new brakes... and thats after 2 trips tehre and back from saskatoon to vancouver and two trips from saskatoon to toronto and back... the are good cars

ricky bobby
07-18-2007, 12:50 PM
how do you like it?

I test drove an Outback wagon and it was the best driving car ive ever driven.
My dad is obsessed with 4 wheel drive sedans because he's all about safety, so we have a couple Subaru's. Mine was salvaged and the steering is kind of screwed up. If I keep the steering wheel in the center, i'll drive right off the road. It has 165 thousand and it's still going, I guess that's a plus. It's the only car i've ever owned so I can't really compare it to any other car. If you buy one, I recommend something '04 or higher. My brother has an '04 legacy that is really nice.

fischbowl
07-18-2007, 01:49 PM
My dad is obsessed with 4 wheel drive sedans because he's all about safety, so we have a couple Subaru's. Mine was salvaged and the steering is kind of screwed up. If I keep the steering wheel in the center, i'll drive right off the road. It has 165 thousand and it's still going, I guess that's a plus. It's the only car i've ever owned so I can't really compare it to any other car. If you buy one, I recommend something '04 or higher. My brother has an '04 legacy that is really nice.

i dont have the funds for an 04 or later but im a big fan of the 2000-02 legacies.

RyanLeaf#1
07-18-2007, 02:09 PM
I heard this was good on gas mileage

http://www.loadedtruck.com/truckpics/truck9.jpg

M1Koter
07-18-2007, 07:06 PM
I own a truck and love it to death and the main reason I bought it was for 4 wheel drive and I'm kinda addicted to horsepower so I need a v8, but if I wasn't I probably would have bought a car, I get 15-16 mpg driving to work and back and about 19 hyw milege, and trucks for the most part are more durable and longer lasting but If your unlike me and actually concered about milege then by a car

Raiderz4Life
07-18-2007, 09:01 PM
go with an older toyota tacoma, they are fuel efficient and not huge

how old exactly? like 1990 old?

mcdlaxbonz13
07-18-2007, 09:40 PM
tacoma's didn't exist until like 95 i believe, the older models were just pickup trucks(i have one)

Raiderz4Life
07-18-2007, 10:21 PM
i found a '94 Ford F-250 but its a diesel truc which is what im looking for and its going for 4,000 bucks which would leave me with about 4,000 bucks for a few repairs or upgrades here and there....do you think thats a good deal?

tEk
07-18-2007, 10:28 PM
i found a '94 Ford F-150 but its a diesel truc which is what im looking for and its going for 4,000 bucks which would leave me with about 4,000 bucks for a few repairs or upgrades here and there....do you think thats a good deal?to be perfectly honest, i wouldn't buy an american car. the quality control sucks as well as the mpg.(especially the old ones) the engines and drivetrains need constant maintenance(if they haven't been well maintained then they will break down)COST LOTS OF MONEY TO FIX. if you want diesel get a mid 90's volkwagen golf TDI.

http://www.celtictuning.co.uk/images/customercars/VW%20Golf%201.9%20TDi%2090bhp.jpg

VY10
07-18-2007, 11:06 PM
Chevrolet Silverado. We've had one that has gone for 400,000 miles with no significant problems. Had to put a new engine in it though i think at 200,000 or 300,000. I drive one and it is great.

***Warning*** Friend drives a black (new model) mustang - junk. It rattles, is not that fast, not fuel efficient, and it already has heat wrinkles on the roof...and of course F.ound O.n R.oad D.ead. Obviously I am a chevrolet truck enthusiast. Also don't even consider a Ford Exploder.

VY10
07-18-2007, 11:09 PM
to be perfectly honest, i wouldn't buy an american car. the quality control sucks as well as the mpg.(especially the old ones) the engines and drivetrains need constant maintenance(if they haven't been well maintained then they will break down)COST LOTS OF MONEY TO FIX. if you want diesel get a mid 90's volkwagen golf TDI.

http://www.celtictuning.co.uk/images/customercars/VW%20Golf%201.9%20TDi%2090bhp.jpg

Except it looks absolutely terrible......

My family has never had a problem with a GM vehicle and that is all we drive.

tEk
07-18-2007, 11:50 PM

My family has never had a problem with a GM vehicle and that is all we drive.with those odds you guys must have won the lottery at least once.

Mr. Stiller
07-19-2007, 12:44 AM
to be perfectly honest, i wouldn't buy an american car. the quality control sucks as well as the mpg.(especially the old ones) the engines and drivetrains need constant maintenance(if they haven't been well maintained then they will break down)COST LOTS OF MONEY TO FIX. if you want diesel get a mid 90's volkwagen golf TDI.

Ironically...

More Japanese/Foreign Cars are made in America, than American Cars.

Toyota, Honda, Subaru and I believe Mitsubishi is the other one.. They all have more plants in the US than Chevy, GM or Dodge.

If you buy a vehicle under $30k... It's likely made in Mexico, or China.

I know Cali has strict Exhaust regulations. I'd look for a newer, mid-mileage Coupe or Sedan from Japan. Parts are normally a tad more expensive.. but I've had to service my car once in the 40k miles I've had it, for brakes.

http://images.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedan/112_0310_l+2004_mitsubishi_lancer+front_side_view. jpg

Thats my car except mine is White.

I know you want a truck, I stress drive whatever vehicle you want. Another thing I stress is don't get too excited for the first vehicle you see. Because impulses like that will often lead you to buying a vehicle you're later dissatisfied with.

Personally I don't like the weak power of the Civic.

I would look at:

Kia Sephia/Spectra
Hyundai Tiburon/Elantra
Honda Accord/Prelude (Should be a ton of those out your way)
Mazda 3/ 6/ Rx-8 (300hp + 30MPG)
Mitsu Lancer/ Lancer Ralliart / Galant
Toyota Corolla-S/ Corolla-XRS / Camry
Subaru WRX / Impreza / Legacy

I like these vehicles because they balance Power with gas efficiency. Subaru's all come with AWD (All-Wheel Drive, it's like four wheel drive except they have a system that automatically gives power to balance out if a tire is slipping)... I don't think you see much snow, however.

They all have AC... From Experience, Subarus/Hondas/Toyotas/Mitsus run past 150k miles with minor difficulties if that.

If you have any other question about Import cars, I can probably help you... Though I rarely pay attention to domestic Vehicles and SUV/Trucks. So I'll do my best.

Mr. Stiller
07-19-2007, 12:47 AM

My family has never had a problem with a GM vehicle and that is all we drive.

Thats a Newer (2000-2005 Golf TDI)

My G/f Had a VW Golf that ran for 230,000 Miles. It was still running, she just wanted a newer Vdub.

Her New Car:

http://www.productwiki.com/upload/images/2007_volkswagen_rabbit.jpg

Her Old Car:

http://www.carsearch.com/photos/758576.jpeg

VW's are tanks.. they look small but I have yet to see her car stumble, and I live in Western PA.

tEk
07-19-2007, 12:50 AM

My G/f Had a VW Golf that ran for 230,000 Miles. It was still running, she just wanted a newer Vdub.

Her New Car:

Her Old Car:

VW's are tanks.. they look small but I have yet to see her car stumble, and I live in Western PA.this is what i was getting at... it has a hatch to store stuff better than a sedan. and a diesel engine. so you get more mpg just because of the efficeincy of the fuel, not to mention the power from the Turbo Diesel Intercooled engine.

Raiderz4Life
07-19-2007, 02:30 PM
i dont really like small cars
ill drive one and stuff
like my coach's mustang is nice to drive
but ive driven both my parent's cars and disliked them
theyre both ford tauros but different years, i hate my moms
especially and ive driven our suburban my uncles tundra
and my cousins F-150 and i loved them.

one of my coaches is selling me his
toyota 4runner for 4g, ive riden in it before and
its great, real smooth and its pretty fuel efficient.

PackerLegend
07-19-2007, 03:59 PM
dont buy a F ix O r R epair D aily

HOW BOUT A Nice muscle car that is great on Gas?

1972 Chevy Nova
http://www.chooseyouritem.com/classics/photos/95500/95653.1972.Chevrolet.Chevy.II.Nova.2-Door.Sedan.jpg

I was joking about it being good on gas but atleast youll be a P.I.M.P LOL

Mr. Stiller
07-19-2007, 04:17 PM
this is what i was getting at... it has a hatch to store stuff better than a sedan. and a diesel engine. so you get more mpg just because of the efficeincy of the fuel, not to mention the power from the Turbo Diesel Intercooled engine.

I know. I love my car too much(2.4L Aftermarket Turbo'd (Dyno'd at 261HP, 266 Ft-Lb Torque)), and the fact her's is an Automatic.

But my next car.. I might just get a VW Jetta and Turbo it.

Mr. Stiller
07-19-2007, 04:19 PM
i dont really like small cars
ill drive one and stuff
like my coach's mustang is nice to drive
but ive driven both my parent's cars and disliked them
theyre both ford tauros but different years, i hate my moms
especially and ive driven our suburban my uncles tundra
and my cousins F-150 and i loved them.

one of my coaches is selling me his
toyota 4runner for 4g, ive riden in it before and
its great, real smooth and its pretty fuel efficient.

They don't have to be small cars. Some people just like to be up in the air.. some prefer cars.

I think a 4runner is a good deal.. it's a Toyota.

Though, I wouldn't discount cars because you don't like your parents. Thats why you test drive. I always though I wanted a Huge Ford F250. Then I drove a 2-Door Prelude, Manual... and I haven't looked back since.

ricky bobby
07-19-2007, 04:32 PM
Get an EV1. I just watched "Who killed the Electric car?".

SubNoize
07-19-2007, 04:52 PM
***Warning*** Friend drives a black (new model) mustang - junk. It rattles, is not that fast, not fuel efficient, and it already has heat wrinkles on the roof...and of course F.ound O.n R.oad D.ead. Obviously I am a chevrolet truck enthusiast. Also don't even consider a Ford Exploder.

your friend must be very irresponsible with vehicles because i've owned nothing but mustangs my entire life and never had any trouble with them, i've just upgraded to newer models. my mustang is modded to 600 HP and i still get good gas mileage. found on road dead my ass, i've known soo many people with fords that have ran forever. your ignorance to vehicles is amazing, amongst others in this forum downing american cars, foreign cars have more expensive parts for the most part. 4,000 grand is high for a 94 f 250 by the way, i'd offer them around 3,000-3,400.

Raiderz4Life
07-19-2007, 05:07 PM
They don't have to be small cars. Some people just like to be up in the air.. some prefer cars.

I think a 4runner is a good deal.. it's a Toyota.

Though, I wouldn't discount cars because you don't like your parents. Thats why you test drive. I always though I wanted a Huge Ford F250. Then I drove a 2-Door Prelude, Manual... and I haven't looked back since.

im not saying im completely shutting off the option of a car, im just sayin i prefer biger cars with a little kick.

And the 4Runner has 4 wheel drive which is nice. I really like his car, i might just take him up on his offer.

I looked up a few Jettas and they were pretty ugly, it was probably cause they were older models but most diesel cars ive seen are pretty ugly and old.

tEk
07-19-2007, 05:46 PM
your friend must be very irresponsible with vehicles because i've owned nothing but mustangs my entire life and never had any trouble with them, i've just upgraded to newer models. my mustang is modded to 600 HP and i still get good gas mileage. found on road dead my ass, i've known soo many people with fords that have ran forever. your ignorance to vehicles is amazing, amongst others in this forum downing american cars, foreign cars have more expensive parts for the most part. 4,000 grand is high for a 94 f 250 by the way, i'd offer them around 3,000-3,400.sorry buddy, i am not just saying american is bad because i like foreign cars. i currently own a 1995 mustang. i have owned it since it had 80,000 miles on it. i do regular maintenance(even a little early ie; instead of 3000 miles 2400 for an oil change. and every 15000, total tune up and fluid flushes. the car now has over 135,000 miles and has gone threw 2 transmissions and a set of heads to boot.(no i do not drive like an asshole. like all people i go b/t 5-10 mph over speed limit. do not burn out or anything. i am just fed up with the car but it's now my second car... soon won't be mine at all. (btw almost need a third tranny, or at the least a new torque converter.) on the other hand my 1990 mazda 626 LX(sunroof and all LOL) has not had a problem mechanically or electronically. hell i even got the back end tweeked and it still runs and drives like a champ.

and yes if you are a gear head by all means get an american car. you have plenty of time to repair all of the problems they will certainly have.
im not saying im completely shutting off the option of a car, im just sayin i prefer biger cars with a little kick.

And the 4Runner has 4 wheel drive which is nice. I really like his car, i might just take him up on his offer.

I looked up a few Jettas and they were pretty ugly, it was probably cause they were older models but most diesel cars ive seen are pretty ugly and old.
o and a little added bonus, if you live in a state that you have to pass emissions... diesel's are exempt.;)

SubNoize
07-19-2007, 06:12 PM
so you say your mustang is bad, but your mazda (which is owned by ford motor company) is good, hmm? you do realize most mazda's and fords are built on the same platform and go under the same quality control? then you proceed to say you take care of the car, but you got it at 80,000. you have no idea how the other person treated the car for the majority of it's life. i had a 96 mustang at one point and the thing was perfect, i changed tires and oil and other than that it required only basic work i.e. spark plugs, air filter etc... i currently own an 06 gt and it's amazing as well, never had any issues with it. i also treat my cars like a child. I purchased this beauty in southern AZ from a mustang enthuiast trying to make a replica eleanor.

http://www.southernarizonamustangclub.org/galleries_members/jhamstra/Mt.Lemmon-cruise041.jpg

tEk
07-19-2007, 06:45 PM
so you say your mustang is bad, but your mazda (which is owned by ford motor company) is good, hmm? you do realize most mazda's and fords are built on the same platform and go under the same quality control? then you proceed to say you take care of the car, but you got it at 80,000. you have no idea how the other person treated the car for the majority of it's life. i had a 96 mustang at one point and the thing was perfect, i changed tires and oil and other than that it required only basic work i.e. spark plugs, air filter etc... i currently own an 06 gt and it's amazing as well, never had any issues with it. i also treat my cars like a child. I purchased this beauty in southern AZ from a mustang enthuiast trying to make a replica eleanor.

http://www.southernarizonamustangclub.org/galleries_members/jhamstra/Mt.Lemmon-cruise041.jpgwhen you say owned... im sure you knew that it was only 33% of mazda. im not saying they are terrible cars...(love old muscle). the difference is that the mazda i have was probably treated just as bad, but has not needed any of the work (infact nothing other than routine maintenance) that the mustang i owned required. its not just me, but friends and family. not only used but brand new right off the lot less than 20,000 miles and kaput(thank god for warranties) one of the rods snapped off the piston and rammed right through the block(2004 ford f-250). they got rid of that truck and never looked back. now they(parents) have a toyota tundra and its bigger and better than the ford. plus it has way better mpg. i guess my dealings with american cars has been either lemons or poor craftsmanship or lack of maintenance. i have read the consumer reports and the foreign cars seem to rank higher in quality and durability the majority of the time.

VY10
07-19-2007, 07:30 PM

http://www.southernarizonamustangclub.org/galleries_members/jhamstra/Mt.Lemmon-cruise041.jpg

Now that is a BMF Mustang. I don't like Ford as I have stated but that thing looks awesome.

VY10
07-19-2007, 07:33 PM

Her New Car:

Her Old Car:

VW's are tanks.. they look small but I have yet to see her car stumble, and I live in Western PA.

I like Volkswagen as an automaker but never been a big fan of their looks. Of course I'm a hunting/fishing Texan so that explains a lot for you. Good cars though. And they have awesome commericals. Of course if they made a lot of these I would sell my truck in a heartbeat....

http://www.rvtowster.com/images/Woodward%20Dream%20Cruise/wdc01%20vw%20short.jpg

Raiderz4Life
07-19-2007, 08:48 PM
That mustang is a beauty, ive always wanted one and i was about to get one from my godparents a 98 mustang. It was nice, really smooth. But my parents and godparents decided itd be best if i earned money to buy my own car.

tEk
07-19-2007, 09:08 PM
I like Volkswagen as an automaker but never been a big fan of their looks. Of course I'm a hunting/fishing Texan so that explains a lot for you. Good cars though. And they have awesome commericals. Of course if they made a lot of these I would sell my truck in a heartbeat....

http://www.rvtowster.com/images/Woodward%20Dream%20Cruise/wdc01%20vw%20short.jpgthat bay window short bus is an atrocity. whoever cut and welded that should be stoned.

ricky bobby
07-19-2007, 09:18 PM
that bay window short bus is an atrocity. whoever cut and welded that should be stoned.
This just in: They were stoned.

tEk
07-19-2007, 09:28 PM
This just in: They were stoned.that was a great pun.

PalmerToCJ
07-19-2007, 09:38 PM
with those odds you guys must have won the lottery at least once.

Not exactly. My family owns 8 american cars, 6 of which are GM with zero out of the ordinary troubles. It's dumb when people say "american cars suck" when there are just as many foreign cars that are much worse for reliability and cost of repair. In most peoples eyes Toyota/Honda = all foreign cars which is obviously wrong and I know several people who have topped 300,000 in US make cars.

tEk
07-19-2007, 10:07 PM
Not exactly. My family owns 8 american cars, 6 of which are GM with zero out of the ordinary troubles. It's dumb when people say "american cars suck" when there are just as many foreign cars that are much worse for reliability and cost of repair. In most peoples eyes Toyota/Honda = all foreign cars which is obviously wrong and I know several people who have topped 300,000 in US make cars.no i understand that all cars break down. hell bmw would send out covered tow trucks so you would never see one broken down. and german cars are hella expensive to fix because the parts aren't mass produced and the labor is kind of limited. that is why usually rich people buy them(they start over 35000 for the base model of the lowest end car) where as gm you can go 8-10 grand with a saturn. talkin no a/c radio though. to say all american cars suck might have been a little strong. in my experience they have been completely unreliable and that makes me shy away from them is probably more correct.

SubNoize
07-19-2007, 10:21 PM
when you say owned... im sure you knew that it was only 33% of mazda. im not saying they are terrible cars...(love old muscle). the difference is that the mazda i have was probably treated just as bad, but has not needed any of the work (infact nothing other than routine maintenance) that the mustang i owned required. its not just me, but friends and family. not only used but brand new right off the lot less than 20,000 miles and kaput(thank god for warranties) one of the rods snapped off the piston and rammed right through the block(2004 ford f-250). they got rid of that truck and never looked back. now they(parents) have a toyota tundra and its bigger and better than the ford. plus it has way better mpg. i guess my dealings with american cars has been either lemons or poor craftsmanship or lack of maintenance. i have read the consumer reports and the foreign cars seem to rank higher in quality and durability the majority of the time.

33% being the majority holder of the company and still not changing the fact that volvo, fords and mazdas are mostly built on the same platform, volvo more recently, but mazda and fords for quite some time now. mazda 3=ford focus tribute=escape and so on. anyways, i have nothing against foreign cars as i bought my g/f a 2007 Tundra and it's amazing so far as well, but i hate the stigma that american cars and ford primarily carry because it's bullcrap. as far as rankings, the f150 is typically ranked best in class in many areas, only knock i have on it is HP and MPG which is why i went for the Tundra, it has more balls.

Mr. Stiller
07-19-2007, 10:37 PM
your friend must be very irresponsible with vehicles because i've owned nothing but mustangs my entire life and never had any trouble with them, i've just upgraded to newer models. my mustang is modded to 600 HP and i still get good gas mileage. found on road dead my ass, i've known soo many people with fords that have ran forever. your ignorance to vehicles is amazing, amongst others in this forum downing american cars, foreign cars have more expensive parts for the most part. 4,000 grand is high for a 94 f 250 by the way, i'd offer them around 3,000-3,400.

I'll admit. I do love the new mustangs and I'm seriously considering dropping Coin on my next car to be a 5-spd Ford Mustang Cobra.

But YOU do realize that the newer Ford cars... are being built on the MAZDA platform. Yes Ford owns 33% of their stock and has a controlling interest. But It wasn't until the Ford Fusion/Edge did they actually start building on a Mazda platform. Ironically the Fusion/Edge have some of the best ratings that ford has gotten in a long time.

Perhaps it's because Ford started using the Mazda 3/CX-7(CX-9) platforms? Oh and their engines... I will say I love the new "Old" Mustang Cobra's. However to say that Mazda is better because of Ford is a joke.

It's the other way around.

As for Ford, they're still in R&D Trying to "Upgrade" The Rotary engine that Mazda perfected.

Mr. Stiller
07-19-2007, 10:39 PM
33% being the majority holder of the company and still not changing the fact that volvo, fords and mazdas are mostly built on the same platform, volvo more recently, but mazda and fords for quite some time now. mazda 3=ford focus tribute=escape and so on. anyways, i have nothing against foreign cars as i bought my g/f a 2007 Tundra and it's amazing so far as well, but i hate the stigma that american cars and ford primarily carry because it's bullcrap. as far as rankings, the f150 is typically ranked best in class in many areas, only knock i have on it is HP and MPG which is why i went for the Tundra, it has more balls.

For Trucks My dad and mom both have a Nissan. Very very nice trucks. Dad has a Nissan Titan and my Mom the Frontier. If I ever get a truck, thats where I'm heading. My pap has a F-150.. It's nice, but the Nissan blows his truck away.

SubNoize
07-19-2007, 10:47 PM
I'll admit. I do love the new mustangs and I'm seriously considering dropping Coin on my next car to be a 5-spd Ford Mustang Cobra.

But YOU do realize that the newer Ford cars... are being built on the MAZDA platform. Yes Ford owns 33% of their stock and has a controlling interest. But It wasn't until the Ford Fusion/Edge did they actually start building on a Mazda platform. Ironically the Fusion/Edge have some of the best ratings that ford has gotten in a long time.

Perhaps it's because Ford started using the Mazda 3/CX-7(CX-9) platforms? Oh and their engines... I will say I love the new "Old" Mustang Cobra's. However to say that Mazda is better because of Ford is a joke.

It's the other way around.

As for Ford, they're still in R&D Trying to "Upgrade" The Rotary engine that Mazda perfected.

mazda wouldn't even exist without ford and Mark Fields, they damn near dissapeared until ford stepped in and helped improve the overall quality of mazda product, because mazda invested soo much in the rx-7 and lacked in other areas. Your history is off as well, the ford probe which was slated to be the mustang, but ditched last second was the first ford built on a mazda platform, since then the ranger and mazda b series were built on the same platform as well as the mazda 3 built on focus platofrm and tribute built on escape platform. don't drop your mazda crap unless you know what's been happening for the last 2 decades. And for the new ford engineering, most of those reatings are attributed to the safety features and designs that volvo came up with, so again dig deeper i worked for with ford and still have friends workign there.

soybean
07-20-2007, 12:06 AM
don't know if this was posted yet but i present to you

D-Mac's car (darren Mcfadden):

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1221/846540903_41aea2a165.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1059/846540901_7cb1e54512.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1108/846540893_91f863ef4c_o.jpg

VY10
07-20-2007, 02:34 AM
that is the most amazing car i have ever seen.

Travis 24
07-20-2007, 10:06 AM
Get a bike if you wanna save on gas...I'm getting one soon..04 Yamaha YZF600..nice bike. :)

SubNoize
07-20-2007, 11:59 AM
don't know if this was posted yet but i present to you

D-Mac's car (darren Mcfadden):

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1221/846540903_41aea2a165.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1059/846540901_7cb1e54512.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1108/846540893_91f863ef4c_o.jpg

that is the most ******** thing i've ever seen! why the hell would you lift a car just to put giant rims on them, especially a piece of crap like that. some people are so dumb it's not even funny... what a waste.

familyguy555
07-20-2007, 03:43 PM
The wheels are probably worth more than the car.

Raiderz4Life
07-20-2007, 06:02 PM
well guys, thanks for all your help. I just pulled the trigger and bought my coach's 4Runner for 4g...leaving me with plenty money left over.

SubNoize
07-20-2007, 06:45 PM
good choice 4 runners are fun, what year and how many miles??? manual or auto?

M1Koter
07-20-2007, 07:39 PM

as a full time mechanic you are so wrong. Expectially coming from a VW owner. My grandpa's got some sort of little pos VW with 40,000 miles and already has all sorts of weird problems and the parts are rediculusly priced. And just hope you never have to put a trans in the thing, just a week or two ago we had a VW in for a trans, we couldn't get parts for it so the guy had to buy a used one, $1900 bucks later the trans is at our door. and it pays like 6 hours to do, way more than even any 4x4 trucks. American cars, expecially GM are way easier to work on than foregin. European cars being the worst of the worst.

Raiderz4Life
07-20-2007, 10:36 PM
good choice 4 runners are fun, what year and how many miles??? manual or auto?

Its a '97 0r '98 i believe with almost 70,000 miles and Auto. Its awesome, my coach is 20 and he went to the school im going to right now and the 4Runner was his HS car but now he has an old school mercury that he loves and he wants to fix it up so he got rid of the 4Runner and told me he'd give it to me for 4,000.

tEk
07-20-2007, 10:48 PM
as a full time mechanic you are so wrong. Expectially coming from a VW owner. My grandpa's got some sort of little pos VW with 40,000 miles and already has all sorts of weird problems and the parts are rediculusly priced. And just hope you never have to put a trans in the thing, just a week or two ago we had a VW in for a trans, we couldn't get parts for it so the guy had to buy a used one, $1900 bucks later the trans is at our door. and it pays like 6 hours to do, way more than even any 4x4 trucks. American cars, expecially GM are way easier to work on than foregin. European cars being the worst of the worst.koter,
i never said that a vw didnt need work or it was cheap, i said if he wanted a diesel to go with tdi vw. i like to tinker on cars personally... right now though i don't have a garage of my own so i cannot do so. this is why my vw vanagon is being sold as we speak, no room for me to keep it or to work on it so it must go. i'll die a little when its gone.

tEk
07-20-2007, 10:51 PM
that is the most ******** thing i've ever seen! why the hell would you lift a car just to put giant rims on them, especially a piece of crap like that. some people are so dumb it's not even funny... what a waste.
the cars are called donks.http://cache.jalopnik.com/assets/resources/2006/11/mcdonk.jpg

SubNoize
07-21-2007, 03:21 PM
the cars are called donks.http://cache.jalopnik.com/assets/resources/2006/11/mcdonk.jpg

yes sir i have seen them before and they never cease to amaze me, and i'm still left with the question... WHY? it's hideous, and people do not stare because it's cool, they stare because it's amazingly idiotic.