PDA

View Full Version : Vote MLB Prospect Draft: W2. Lake Elsinore vs. W1. Toledo (Finals)

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
07-18-2007, 12:04 PM
The Finals have given us the top two teams from the Western Division to slug it out for the MLB Prospect Draft Championship. Toledo and Lake Elsinore met earlier this year with Toledo edging Lake Elsinore 4-3. The rematch pits the undefeated Mud Hens against the 3-2 Storm.

http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/brands/0005/8339/brand.gif
Lake Elsinore Storm

Pitching Rotation

1. Nick Adenhart (R)
2. Scott Elbert (L)
3. Mike Pelfrey (R)
4. Jeff Niemann (R)
5. Eric Hurley (R)

This pitching staff has no real ace, but instead 5 very quality productive pitchers that are capable of being aces on any other team. You know what to expect every night when these guys take the mound

Bullpen

Relief: Jonathon Sanchez (L)
Closer - Chris Perez (R)

This bullpen has the capability of being dominant. Starting off with fire-ball throwing lefty Jonathon Sanchez and finishing off with the strike out machine Chris Perez.

Defensive Alignment

C - Hank Conger
1B - Craig Brazell
2B - Dustin Pedroia
SS - Brandon Wood
3B - Alex Gordon
LF - Chris Young
CF - Adam Jones
RF - Josh Hamilton

Bench
Kyle Blanks- (DH,1B)
Eric Patterson (IF)
Matt Antonelli (3B,2B,OF)
Terry Evans (OF)

Antonelli is a gamer who is cabale of playing any position on any given day. He will give you 110% effort every play while also putting up respectable batting avg. and power numbers. Any player on my bench could easily take over for someone on the starting roster if need be.

Batting Order

1. Adam Jones (CF)
2. Dustin Pedroia (2B)
3. Brandon Wood (SS)
4. Alex Gordon (3B)
5. Chris Young (LF)
6. Craig Brazell (1B)
7. Josh Hamilton (RF)
8. Kyle Blanks (DH)
9. Hank Conger (C)

First off is Adam Jones, that prototypical 5-tool prospect that every team dreams about. He is a capable 30-30 guy. Next up is Pedroia who has had a terrific year so far in his first year at Boston. At #3 is Brandon Wood who is widely known around the baseball world as one of the best young prospects and some people have gone as far as to compare the young SS to Cal Ripken Jr. Batting cleanup is Alex Gordan who is capable of being a 40+ home run guy and is already starting to turn it around after his sub-par start of the year for the Royals. Batting in the 5 hole is Chris Young, who is also another 5-tool prospect capable of being a 30-30 guy. At #6 is Craig Brazell who's name might not sound familiar to the common baseball fan, but this guy already has 29 home runs this year in the minor leagues. If he could even do half that at the major league level he's ok by me. Most baseball fans now know about Josh Hamilton who really struggled with a substance abuse problem, but has since turned it around and he can hit for average and power. At #8 is Kyle Blanks who is 6-6 285 pound and can hit for average and power also. The only real question mark on my team is Hank Conger is still very young and raw, but also can be a big time power threat and for a catcher that is rear.

VS

http://www.iamjacksdesign.com/images/tmh.png
Toledo Mud Hens

My draft.

1.Delmon Young,LF
2.Yovani Gallardo. SP
3.Jay Bruce, CF
4.Clay Buchholz, SP
5.Joey Votto,1B
6.Max Scherzer, SP
7.Ian Stewart,2B
8.Jeff Clement, C
9.Kevin Slowey, SP
10.Preston Mattingly, SP
11.Nicholas Noonan, 2B
12.Ian Kennedy, SP
13.Franklin Gutierrez, RF
14.Tony Gwynn Jr. - UTL
15.Brent Cleveln, OF
16.Eddie Kunz, CL
17.Mike Fontenot, UTL
18.Brian Barton, DH
19.Steve Register, RP

Starting Rotation

1. Yovani Gallardo
2. Clay Buchholz
3. Max Scherzer
4. Kevin Slowey
5. Ian Kennedy

Bullpen
Eddie Kunz, Cl
Steve Register

Batting Order

1. Jay Bruce
2. Ian Stewart
3. Joey Votto
4. Delmon Young
5. Jeff Clement
6. Franklin Gutierrez
7. Preston Mattingly
8. Nicholas Noonan
9. Brian Barton

Bench
Brent Clevlen
Tony Gwynn Jr.
Mike Fontenot

The Toledo Mudhens are a team full of immense potential.
The starting pitching is the strong spot of the team with five potential aces in
Gallardo, Buchholz, Scherzer, Slowey, and Kennedy. Gallardo is already in the big leagues
helping the Brewers maintain first place.

The batting order has stars up and down it. Delmon Young bats clean up with Jay Bruce leading off.
Cincinnati prize prospect Votto bats third. The bench has speedy Tony Gwynn Jr.to cause problems on the base
path. Clevlen is a strong defensive replacement and has a rocket for an arm.

Xiomera
07-18-2007, 12:22 PM
Toledo!

(10)

princefielder28
07-18-2007, 05:36 PM
the Storm!

sdpads24
07-24-2007, 12:21 PM
I guess I won