PDA

View Full Version : All-Pro Football 2K8

Geo
07-18-2007, 11:18 PM
I couldn't find a thread for this, so I thought I'd create one, what with the game's release today. I've been a big fan of the 2K series since day one, and the more I see of this game, the more it looks absolutely amazing.

http://2ksports.com/games/football2k8/

http://media.ign.com/games/image/object/881/881587/APF2K8_360_FOB_20070601boxart_160w.jpghttp://www.ebgames.com/common/images/lbox/270073b.jpg

Discuss.

Smokey Joe
07-18-2007, 11:24 PM
looks pretty good, but not good enough to buy over madden. I'd probably rent it however.

Man_Of_Steel
07-18-2007, 11:39 PM
Maddens got real players and such, gotta go with it. BTW Smokey Joe, I look forward to dominating you in Madden.

Smokey Joe
07-18-2007, 11:42 PM
Maddens got real players and such, gotta go with it. BTW Smokey Joe, I look forward to dominating you in Madden.
you wish... :D

Brodeur
07-18-2007, 11:55 PM

Yeah these guys are completely fake...

If I had any sort of cash at the moment or a next-gen system, then I'd get this immediately, because 2K's gameplay blows Madden's away.

The Dynasty
07-19-2007, 12:14 AM
Ive always hated 2K on my ps2 so ill probably wont play this at all because i just have how the move on ps2.

Shane P. Hallam
07-19-2007, 12:19 AM
Anyone else think they released this at the wrong time? That they should have been waiting and released it in like January or February when the other two sports wind down and their video games are getting old?

jbeans187
07-19-2007, 12:33 AM
Anyone else think they released this at the wrong time? That they should have been waiting and released it in like January or February when the other two sports wind down and their video games are getting old?

I agree, why would they want to compete with NCAA followed by Madden. Its gotten terrible reviews, but i will still give it a try bc 2k5 was classic

dhoe20
07-19-2007, 12:38 AM

...Jerry Rice, John Elway, Barry Sanders...No they aren't real players.

QFT. I almost got this over NCAA but meh...The NCAA football games have always been my favorite and gave me hours and hours of play. I might get this later on though.

Flyboy
07-19-2007, 01:45 AM

Wouldn't really matter either way. They'd still get killed in the sales due to nearly everyone being a EA/Madden diehard fan.

KCJ58
07-19-2007, 01:54 AM
I Will Buy That Game

skinzzfan25
07-19-2007, 08:31 AM
Madden shouldn't have bought the NFL Players rights. It gives them no competition to put out a good game.

The years Madden was truly innovative and fresh, 2k sports was right behind them pushing them to preform.

Brent
07-19-2007, 08:37 AM
Madden shouldn't have bought the NFL Players rights. It gives them no competition to put out a good game.
That was the idea, to not have competition. Obviously, people still bought it even though they complained about it all the time.

Brent
07-19-2007, 08:41 AM
Discuss.
I think it's a novel idea, having old players in the game. Granted, I don't think it is going to do well but I think that next year, when 2k can do an NFL game, they are going to be able to build on this game's gameplay and graphics to make a game that will really push Madden.

Mr. Stiller
07-19-2007, 10:37 AM
I just think it's BS that EA Sports has a monopoly on certain sports games.. they can't be challenged when it comes to Madden, NHL, or College sports.

AlexDown
07-19-2007, 10:41 AM
But they also can't make the best baseball series anymore because another company did the same thing.

Man_Of_Steel
07-19-2007, 10:42 AM
But they also can't make the best baseball series anymore because another company did the same thing.

mvp 2005 was simply a perfect baseball game engine.

M.O.T.H.
07-19-2007, 11:08 AM
I just think it's BS that EA Sports has a monopoly on certain sports games.. they can't be challenged when it comes to Madden, NHL, or College sports.

College Hoops>March Madness.

ny10804
07-19-2007, 11:15 AM
Wait, are all of the players real? Or only some (Elway, Sanders, etc.)?

Man_Of_Steel
07-19-2007, 11:16 AM
Wait, are all of the players real? Or only some (Elway, Sanders, etc.)?

They are all real.

Man_Of_Steel
07-19-2007, 11:20 AM
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/22431.html

Wow lol, check out the scoreboard when OJ runs it in.

neko4
07-19-2007, 11:25 AM

HAHAHAHA, well if he did do it, thats how it went down,
anyway im waiting till x-mas to get it. graphics look great

ccB
07-19-2007, 11:27 AM
Yeah these guys are completely fake...

If I had any sort of cash at the moment or a next-gen system, then I'd get this immediately, because 2K's gameplay blows Madden's away.

True freaking that, 2K football games wiped the floor with madden back in the day and they had the wonderful price tag of $20. I for one am excited for this game, love the idea of playing with legends.

Man_Of_Steel
07-19-2007, 11:29 AM
In my opinion 2K's best product in comparison to others is NHL. 2K hockey games murder EA, as for football though, I roll with EA.

YAYareaRB
07-19-2007, 11:32 AM
True freaking that, 2K football games wiped the floor with madden back in the day and they had the wonderful price tag of $20. I for one am excited for this game, love the idea of playing with legends.

I'm not too convinced.. I wish they had a season or franchise mode. It would make the game that much better.

M.O.T.H.
In my opinion 2K's best product in comparison to others is NHL. 2K hockey games murder EA, as for football though, I roll with EA.

I never liked 2K's hockey...EA's is much better, imo. NBA 2K7 is probably the best they got.

neko4

Did anyone buy it yet? Or know a site w/ the rosters
I wonder if guys like Red Grange and Don Hutson are in it

M.O.T.H.
07-19-2007, 11:33 AM

That's just wrong....lol.

M.O.T.H.
07-19-2007, 11:34 AM

I know those Hall of Famers, Bubby Brister and The Boz are in it...ha.

Man_Of_Steel
07-19-2007, 11:36 AM

All-Pro Football 2K8 features more than 240 former NFL players, all of which will be open for a draft before your season begins. There are some notable names listed on the APF 2K8 site. Some of the best include:

Joe Montana

John Elway

Jerry Rice

Dan Marino

Marcus Allen

Barry Sanders

Johnny Unitas

Walter Payton

Dick Butkus

Roger Craig

Gale Sayers

Dwight Clark

Earl Campbell

Leslie "Go Bolts" O'Neal

William "The Refrigerator" Perry

Jim Otto

Emmitt Smith

Derrick Thomas

And yes... OJ Simpson

Shane P. Hallam
07-19-2007, 11:50 AM
Wouldn't really matter either way. They'd still get killed in the sales due to nearly everyone being a EA/Madden diehard fan.

Would it? Once people are playing Madden for 5 or 6 months, you don't think they may want to try something new? It would be more convenient.

Anyways, why can't 2K make an NCAA football game? If they can make a college basketball game, why couldn't the do football too?

YAYareaRB
07-19-2007, 11:52 AM
They should make a college legends game. So they could put names too..

HoopsDemon12
07-19-2007, 11:53 AM
I never liked 2K's hockey...EA's is much better, imo. NBA 2K7 is probably the best they got.

i found 2k hockey>>>>> over ea... way more realistic IMO... Nk is the best basketaball game as nba live seemed to take a step back last year..

ill rent this game and maybe buy it... kinda help keep madden and ncaa fresh... i never get bored of ncaa... but madden tends to waer thin with time

neko4
08-16-2007, 12:47 AM
anyone have this yet?