PDA

View Full Version : #1 overall pick 2008=Erik Ainge

dregolll
07-19-2007, 07:07 PM
Do you guys think Erik Ainge has #1 overall pick potential, because I think with a good year he will be the top pick in the draft. Please, no one mention Brohm because the scouts are going to pick him apart when the draft rolls around. Also, I don't think Mcfadden will go #1 because how many backs get chosen #1 overall.

HoopsDemon12
07-19-2007, 07:12 PM
I think he has great potential to be a freist round pick... but i think if everyone goes down brutally... dorsey, baker or long could go #1.... but McFadden has a strong chance to.. as long as he stays injury free... but brohm will get picked apart

Pit Bull #53
07-19-2007, 07:18 PM
I don't see it. He's got some good tools to work with, and has really turned his act around in the maturity department, but I haven't seen anything from him yet that makes me think he's special. 1st round pick I could see, maybe even top half of the first round if he has a really good senior season, but I can't see #1 overall at all. One thing he has to do is show he's more durable. He's supposedly a pretty solid 220-225 now, so maybe that will help, who knows.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
07-19-2007, 07:39 PM
Probably not #1, but top 10 is possible. A strong arm along with great accuracy, just needs to sure up his decision making which made huge strides in his junior year.

Man_Of_Steel
07-19-2007, 07:47 PM
I dont se it at all, who knows how high the demand for quarterbacks will be but I doubt very high. I think he's a second rounder poss third rounder. Brohm will be the #1 qb followed poss by Brennen, I just dont see 3 qbs goin in round 1. Again I think he is a second rounder. Watch for Long to go #1.

TACKLE
07-19-2007, 07:54 PM
Correction

#1 overall pick 2008 = Andre Woodson

BamaFalcon59
07-19-2007, 07:57 PM
I'm really not a fan of any of next years QBs. Very weak year up top, with a few low first/2nd rounders. Brohm will drop to 10 or so, maybe lower. Then you have a ton of QBs with a ton of concerns in Henne (inconsistency, size), Ainge (bulk, injury concerns, 'wow' factor), Woodson (don't know a ton about him, but off numbers he is solid all around), Brennen (size, system). Weak top draft for QB IMO.

princefielder28
07-19-2007, 08:15 PM
Ainge is a Day 1 pick, but to say that he has #1 pick potential is absurd.

Scott Wright
07-19-2007, 08:23 PM
I really liked Ainge as a freshman and he bounced back as a junior but I doubt he will ever live down that '05 campaign. First rounder? Possibly. #1 overall? Very doubtful.

D-Unit
07-19-2007, 09:31 PM
Pretty sure Atlanta will be selecting Brian Brohm at #1.

Scott Wright
07-19-2007, 10:02 PM
Pretty sure Atlanta will be selecting Brian Brohm at #1.

It's funny because if they only win 6 games that will put them in the 5-10 range and it will cost them a whole lot more than the two 2nd rounders they got for Schaub to move up for a chance at Brohm.

Even without this latest incident Vick was far from a model citizen and, in my opinion, a poor fit in Bobby Petrino's offense so they are going to regret dealing Schaub for a long time.

D-Unit
07-19-2007, 10:09 PM
It's funny because if they only win 6 games that will put them in the 5-10 range and it will cost them a whole lot more than the two 2nd rounders they got for Schaub to move up for a chance at Brohm.

Even without this latest incident Vick was far from a model citizen and, in my opinion, a poor fit in Bobby Petrino's offense so they are going to regret dealing Schaub for a long time.
But they could get Brennan! :D

Hawk
07-19-2007, 10:39 PM
Correction

#1 overall pick 2008 = Chad Henne

that my friend is a correction

volman88
07-19-2007, 11:21 PM
I have a biased opinion on this subject, and still i am saying no way he is even top 10. He is 6'6 like 210, so he has good height, but bad size. He is very INCONSISTENT, and now he has some durability issues with his knee, though I see him being able to eventually become a starter(maybe), but he is not a first round talent imo.

Caddy
07-20-2007, 04:12 AM
Ainge is a Day 1 pick, but to say that he has #1 pick potential is absurd.

Exactly.

Brennan, Brohm, Woodson and potentially Henne should be drafted ahead of Ainge and I can't see all 4 of them going in the 1st round to begin with.

Sniper
07-20-2007, 05:03 AM
Day 1? Yes. #1? You have a better chance of seeing Jesus live and in person. Brohm, Brennan, Woodson, Henne and possibly even J.D Booty will go ahead of Ainge.

OhioState
07-20-2007, 11:28 AM
there is absoulutely no way, to even mention that such an average QB would go no. 1 is ridiculous.

doingthisinsteadofwork
07-20-2007, 02:10 PM
no Andre Woodson is a better prospect.

ironman4579
07-20-2007, 04:03 PM
Everything's been said already. Possibly first round, but no chance at #1 overall.

DeathbyStat
07-20-2007, 05:51 PM
He could the first QB taken but i think this years draft is very top heavy at the top 5-8 so he won't be the number one overall pick

CARDIAC CAT 7
07-20-2007, 06:11 PM
He has no outstanding talent that stands out above any other QB in the NCAA. Brian Brohm , Andre Woodson , or Chase Holbrook are the only QB's I see having a chance to be taken first overall.

badgerbacker
07-20-2007, 06:20 PM
I'd say it's very unlikely, but I really don't think anyone should be saying there is no chance at all. Before Carson Palmer's senior season nobody would have thought he was going to go #1 overall.

draftguru151
07-20-2007, 07:08 PM
Do you guys think Erik Ainge has #1 overall pick potential, because I think with a good year he will be the top pick in the draft. Please, no one mention Brohm because the scouts are going to pick him apart when the draft rolls around. Also, I don't think Mcfadden will go #1 because how many backs get chosen #1 overall.

And they won't do the same to Ainge? Ainge will get torn apart more so than Brohm because he has a lot more weaknesses and is a lot more inconsistent. Just because someone is ranked high in preseason doesn't mean he will get scouted more than a guy that isn't.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
07-20-2007, 07:40 PM
And they won't do the same to Ainge? Ainge will get torn apart more so than Brohm because he has a lot more weaknesses and is a lot more inconsistent. Just because someone is ranked high in preseason doesn't mean he will get scouted more than a guy that isn't.

Exactly. Everyone is going to be scouted the exact same amount. Scouts and GMs aren't morons, they won't sink a multi-million dollar investment(especially into a first overall pick) when they don't know much about him.

saintsfan912
07-20-2007, 08:03 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Titans10
07-21-2007, 12:45 AM
maybe in the first round

his arm strength is average, has a good height at 6'5", and alright size, he's had injury problems and is not very mobile. Not even near as good as Cutler in terms of arm stregth, mobility and leadership, Ainge is a thug, i know this cause i went to UTK. Cutcliff has made him a better player and what seems to be a better person. If he has a good senior year with freshman recievers then he will be a first rounder but nowhere near the #1 pick

Iamcanadian
07-21-2007, 07:16 AM
Your final season in reality decides where you will go in the draft. Players move up and down like yo yo's all the time based on their play. If Ainge has an absolutely marvelous year, he could go #1 provided his arm strength is up to snuff. If he leads Tennessee to the national championship displaying superb leadership, a strong arm, great pocket presence and great accuracy all year long, he will be a candidate but he has little room for error based on his previous seasons. This is pretty well the case for most of the round 1 candidates who have all the athletic skills and play great their final season.

keylime_5
07-21-2007, 10:06 AM
He has to have a monster year this year to be picked first round at all IMO. He had some great games last year but then again he had some lousy games last year. Cutcliffe has to get all he can out of Ainge for him to be in the discussion for #1 overall pick in the same draft as Brohm and Woodson.

Bobo
07-21-2007, 12:49 PM
His top 3 WR's are gone. His supporting cast is not going to be as good. He's got tools though, sometimes he's looked very, very good. Other times, things have been bad. I think the Soph year was not totally his fault.

I don't know where the talk of his arm strength comes from. Because he's skinny? I've seen him throw several rockets. He's made some very difficult passes.

I think he has the tools to be a 1at rounder (really doubt #1 overall) if all things come together this year....but the receiving core could really hurt him.

Number 10
07-21-2007, 01:52 PM
Not a chance in the world.

volman88
07-21-2007, 06:40 PM
maybe in the first round

his arm strength is average, has a good height at 6'5", and alright size, he's had injury problems and is not very mobile. Not even near as good as Cutler in terms of arm stregth, mobility and leadership, Ainge is a thug, i know this cause i went to UTK. Cutcliff has made him a better player and what seems to be a better person. If he has a good senior year with freshman recievers then he will be a first rounder but nowhere near the #1 pick

Just curious cause I have never heard any off the field issues, is he just cocky or what? Reffering to your calling him a thug.

constant cough
07-24-2007, 09:25 AM
This is almost as funny as the Tim Tebow thread though I'd give Ainge alittle more credit since he's actually started. But in no way shape or form is he a number 1 overall pick. To me he looks like a 2nd rounder at best till he proves otherwise.

bored of education
07-24-2007, 09:40 AM
Matt Ryan will be awesome in the NFL.

eacantdraft
07-24-2007, 09:51 AM
Homer alert.
http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/fs8/300W/i/2006/165/e/2/homer_simpson_on_a_chair_by_HamJava.jpg

mil_brew_fan
07-24-2007, 10:59 PM
If he's the first overall pick in next year's draft, I may get a little sick to my stomach. He lost Meacham, so he'll be a little down on the receiving core.

maryvillereb2003
07-25-2007, 06:33 PM
ainge has really turned into a leader this summer and has gotten up to 230, and one more year under coach cut, come on! erik sure has a chance to do great things and be top 5 pick

Pit Bull #53
07-25-2007, 06:41 PM
If you're taking a QB with the #1 overall pick, you want him to have at least one quality that makes him special. Ainge hasn't shown that he has that. He's good at alot of things - good arm strength, good accuracy, good release. He's improved decision making quite a bit the last year or so. But the only thing he has that's great is height, and thats not enough for him to go #1. Peyton had legendary work ethic, Jamarcus had superior arm strength and size, and you can go on and on with other #1 overall QBs. I don't see anything with Ainge that makes him special. And I'm a Tennessee fan

BamaFalcon59
07-25-2007, 09:13 PM
I wouldn't say Alex Smith had anything that was truly extraordinary.

saintsfan912
07-25-2007, 10:02 PM
I wouldn't say Alex Smith had anything that was truly extraordinary.

Except a weak QB draft class.

Cashmoney
07-25-2007, 10:20 PM

thats an understatement.

Sniper
07-25-2007, 11:00 PM

Hey now....Charlie Frye says hello ;)

Wow I just looked this up. Frye was the #3 QB taken that year, and that didn't even come until the third pick of the third round. Weak.

saintsfan912
07-25-2007, 11:13 PM
Charlie Frye can say hello, Hi, hey or whatever. Doesnt mean he is any good.

Sniper
07-25-2007, 11:18 PM
Charlie Frye can say hello, Hi, hey or whatever. Doesnt mean he is any good.

I was just kidding. I certainly don't think he's good. What an awful QB class.

draftguru151
07-25-2007, 11:52 PM
Hey now....Charlie Frye says hello ;)

Wow I just looked this up. Frye was the #3 QB taken that year, and that didn't even come until the third pick of the third round. Weak.

Jason Campbell says hello. :/

saintsfan912
07-26-2007, 12:29 AM
Jason Campbell says hello. :/

I like Jason Campbell, even though he hasnt proven much yet. Heard he has been having a hell of an offseason though. Anxious to see what he does, as I always have to love all the SEC guys, unless they are playing against my Saints.