PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Badgers Football Discussion

Pages : [1] 2

wiscbadgerfootball
07-20-2007, 01:37 PM
Discuss the most amazing college here

Hawk
07-20-2007, 04:22 PM
So what are the predictions for Chad Henne? I believe that he'll have another solid season and slide into the late first round kinda like Jason Campbell a few years ago.

I can't wait for this year, Shawn Crable is gonna be a damn beast!!!

princefielder28
07-20-2007, 05:05 PM
So what are the predictions for Chad Henne? I believe that he'll have another solid season and slide into the late first round kinda like Jason Campbell a few years ago.

I can't wait for this year, Shawn Crable is gonna be a damn beast!!!

This is Wisconsin Badgers Discussion, but we can talk any college football. I don't think Henne is a first round caliber QB. He doesn't have desired mobility or a very fundamental throwing form; you can say that about Philip Rivers, but Rivers was absolutely phenominal at NC State. I think Brain Brohm, Andre Woodson, Colt Brennan, and maybe Eric Ainge are the QBs that will go in round 1. Henne will be in the next group with John David Booty and Sam Keller.

wiscbadgerfootball
07-20-2007, 05:18 PM
This is Wisconsin Badgers Discussion, but we can talk any college football. I don't think Henne is a first round caliber QB. He doesn't have desired mobility or a very fundamental throwing form; you can say that about Philip Rivers, but Rivers was absolutely phenominal at NC State. I think Brain Brohm, Andre Woodson, Colt Brennan, and maybe Eric Ainge are the QBs that will go in round 1. Henne will be in the next group with John David Booty and Sam Keller.

Henne is garbage :p

Hawk
07-20-2007, 05:29 PM

Hold on, Wisc said "Discuss the most amazing college here" so I did

Vikes99ej
07-20-2007, 05:34 PM
Is Travis Beckum a tightend or just a blocking wideout? He isn't very big (6'4 217) for a TE.

wiscbadgerfootball
07-20-2007, 05:37 PM
Is Travis Beckum a tightend or just a blocking wideout? He isn't very big (6'4 217) for a TE.

he's gotten much better at blocking.. I'd call him a tight-end if he was a wideout.. he wouldn't be lining up in the tight end slot..

GB12
07-20-2007, 09:00 PM
Fixed the title. I've been meaning to make one of these for awhile, but never got around to it. I'll make a state basketball one for Marquette, Wisconsin, UWM, etc. It'd get messy trying to discuss both sports in one thread.

wiscbadgerfootball
07-20-2007, 09:07 PM
ok sounds good

Vince Lombardi
07-28-2007, 11:20 PM
The W
Yea, Wisconsin is tied with Nebraska for the 13th best college football program over the last decade. Not too shabby, thanks Barry!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2947988

Fifteen college football experts and analysts ranked all 119 Division I-A programs, taking into account record, traditions, recruiting, facilities, coaches, attendance and support, among other criteria.

umphrey
08-02-2007, 08:19 AM
Badgers were predicted to be #2 in their division this year behind Michigan and ahead of Ohio State. Also over the last 3 years we are #1 in our division, ahead of Ohio and Michigan.

princefielder28
08-03-2007, 11:12 AM
USA Today Pre-season #7

wiscbadgerfootball
08-04-2007, 05:54 PM
less than a month till the opener against Washington State

ripdw27
08-12-2007, 10:51 AM
i heard all the big ten games are gonna be on the big ten channel... not cool charter better get this chanel or im gonna be pissed. i spend saturdays watchin the badgers n then nfl preveiws for the next day..

anyway.. im predicting a big year for the badgers. donovan looks sharp n im sure pj hill will have another solid year even without joe thomas.

usmc0106
08-12-2007, 02:55 PM
Has anyone heard that big john clay could be eligable this year still? I read it somewhere that he was taking summer classes and there was a possibility that he could be eligable

princefielder28
08-12-2007, 08:36 PM
Has anyone heard that big john clay could be eligable this year still? I read it somewhere that he was taking summer classes and there was a possibility that he could be eligable

I'm sure there's a chance he could be with the team this year but don't hold you breath.

wiscbadgerfootball
08-12-2007, 08:37 PM
eh we'll be fine without him anyway PJ Hill and Lance Smith are good as is.

Vince Lombardi
08-17-2007, 12:16 PM
Badgers QB battle remains close (http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/18464)

Posted: Friday August 17, 2007 10:01AM ET

With Wisconsin's season opener barely more than two weeks away, the race for the No. 1 quarterback position remains taut and entertaining. Will the winner be junior transfer Allan Evridge, who has yet to play a game at UW, or senior Tyler Donovan, who went 2-0 as a starter last season filling in for the injured John Stocco? The call here, albeit a close one with 11 scheduled practices left in camp, is that Evridge will emerge as the starter.

It will be interesting to see who comes out on top....

badgerbacker
08-18-2007, 02:38 AM
The word I have heard about Clay is that he is eligible and now practicing with the team. I also believe all the stuff with Lance Smith was dropped down to misdemeanors, so hopefully he won't be missing any time. Looks like we will have the depth at RB that it looked like we would have after all!

One thing that should help whichever QB that is selected is that the rest of our offense should be able to support him. The O-line should be solid even with the loss of Thomas, we will always have the strong UW running game, and we have experienced people catching balls in Beckum, Swan, and Hubbard. Someone I would like to see emerge as a receiver is Lance Kendricks. He's got Hubbard's size but I think he is a little more athletic and hopefully he won't have Hubbard's problems with the dropsies.

Hurricane Ditka
08-18-2007, 09:02 PM
Who's starting at Qb this year?

elway777
08-18-2007, 09:05 PM
The W
Yea, Wisconsin is tied with Nebraska for the 13th best college football program over the last decade. Not too shabby, thanks Barry!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2947988

#1 was a good choice :p

GB12
08-19-2007, 12:36 PM
Who's starting at Qb this year?
I think Donovan will take it.

wiscbadgerfootball
08-20-2007, 03:14 PM
I think Donovan will take it.

I agree.. Donovan impressed me in the games he played last year. I think he could have started all the games instead of Stocco.

Hurricane Ditka
08-20-2007, 05:58 PM
Any word on how sophomore Scott Tolzien looks, or where he'll end up on the depth chart. Went to High School with him, he was really cool guy.

wiscbadgerfootball
08-22-2007, 08:42 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2987069

MADISON, Wis. -- Tyler Donovan will begin the season as the starting quarterback for No. 7 Wisconsin.

With 10 days remaining until Wisconsin's Sept. 1 season opener against Washington State, coach Bret Bielema listed Donovan, a fifth-year senior, ahead of junior Allan Evridge on the team's updated depth chart.

Earlier this month, Bielema said he wanted to decide on a starting quarterback in time to give whomever won the job 10 days to prepare for the opener.

Donovan led the Badgers to victories at Iowa and against Buffalo when starter John Stocco was injured last season. But Evridge, a transfer from Kansas State, might have more long-term potential than Donovan.

The Badgers also listed freshman Gabe Carimi as the starter at left tackle, making him the apparent replacement for Joe Thomas, who was drafted No. 3 overall by the Cleveland Browns in April.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

jbooshey
08-22-2007, 09:01 PM
Any word on how sophomore Scott Tolzien looks, or where he'll end up on the depth chart. Went to High School with him, he was really cool guy.

I hate to say it, but it doesn't look like he'll ever get on the field for UW. He seems like a really bright guy and a type of guy you like on your team, but he has an uphill battle right now. Evridge is all but guaranteed the starting job next year. So his chance will come as a RS Jr. Unless there is a transfer he will have to prove himself over Dustin Sherer who has shown promise and will be a RS SR. then (most likely to transfer), James Stallons will be a RS So. (a Sorgi replica), and a highly touted incoming QB Curt Phillips (assuming he signs he'll be a RS FR or So.) who has already put up insane numbers in HS.

mil_brew_fan
08-23-2007, 08:25 AM
Donovann was named the starter...

princefielder28
08-23-2007, 10:11 AM
Donovann was named the starter...

he is the most game proven QB on the team, and I like what he brings to the table

wiscbadgerfootball
08-23-2007, 10:12 AM
yeah I posted a link earlier. I'm happy that he was I think that he is more of a playmaker, I'm also very happy to see Gabe Carimi named as the starting tackle

mil_brew_fan
08-23-2007, 11:29 AM
The Badgers will be so dominate this year... Ohio State lost a lot and Michigan lost a lot on the defense...

wiscbadgerfootball
08-23-2007, 11:31 AM
I've said it for a while now watch out for Jonathan Casillas at linebacker, he is super fast. While his size doesn't translate well to the NFL he is good for the NCAA.

mil_brew_fan
08-23-2007, 11:40 AM
I agree... their defense will be stout overall

mil_brew_fan
08-23-2007, 02:40 PM
I really don't see the Badgers losing... Michigan is scary but the Badgers should be able to beat them...

badgerbacker
08-24-2007, 10:25 PM
I'm sure you guys might have seen this already, but Donovan was named the starting QB. I still think he's going to be on a pretty short leash and wouldn't be surprised if Evridge sees his fair share of time.

GB12
08-24-2007, 10:38 PM
I'm sure you guys might have seen this already, but Donovan was named the starting QB. I still think he's going to be on a pretty short leash and wouldn't be surprised if Evridge sees his fair share of time.
I would. I expect Donovan to start the whole season.

wiscbadgerfootball
08-25-2007, 04:58 PM
wow the season is almost here.. I'm soooo pumped

jackalope
08-29-2007, 02:42 PM
I'll be going to every home game this year. I just got a job as a vendor.

wiscbadgerfootball
08-29-2007, 02:44 PM
I'll be going to every home game this year. I just got a job as a vendor.

nice dude! I'm super jealous, first game is Saturday already!

jackalope
08-29-2007, 02:54 PM
nice dude! I'm super jealous, first game is Saturday already!Yeah, I just got the call telling me I got the job and to show up Saturday. I won't be able to watch the games real well though so I think I might tape them.

GB12
08-29-2007, 03:57 PM
Yeah, I just got the call telling me I got the job and to show up Saturday. I won't be able to watch the games real well though so I think I might tape them.

Yeah, I'm not so sure I'd enjoy that job too much. It's cool that you get to be in the stadium, but really you won't see much of the game.

jackalope
08-29-2007, 10:06 PM
Yeah, I'm not so sure I'd enjoy that job too much. It's cool that you get to be in the stadium, but really you won't see much of the game.I'm a little disappointed I won't be spending Saturdays watching football, but I could use the money. I stop vending at the start of the 4th too, so I'll get to see that pretty well. Also, I'm payed completely by commissions, so if I want to stop and watch the game some, I can't really get in trouble.

mittelstaedt2007
08-29-2007, 10:47 PM
My god i'm getting pumped. Just starting school this year in Mad-Town and I will get to go to my first badger football games ever. Saturday is not coming soon enough.

wiscbadgerfootball
08-29-2007, 10:49 PM
My god i'm getting pumped. Just starting school this year in Mad-Town and I will get to go to my first badger football games ever. Saturday is not coming soon enough.

sounds like you'll have a blast :p

princefielder28
08-29-2007, 11:13 PM

I wish I could be experiencing that too, but I didn't get good enough grades in high school

wiscbadgerfootball
08-31-2007, 10:12 PM
tomorrow, tomorrow, I'll love you, tomorrow.. it's only a day away!!

wiscbadgerfootball
09-01-2007, 02:48 PM
what the hell we blocked the punt and just because they got it and ran past the first down marker they get the ball?

princefielder28
09-01-2007, 03:16 PM
Swan and PJ with TDs so far

wiscbadgerfootball
09-01-2007, 03:27 PM
Special Teams and Defense is killing us

princefielder28
09-01-2007, 04:19 PM
very impressive first half from Donovan and Swan

Vikes99ej
09-01-2007, 04:22 PM
Wisconsin's uniforms look strange.

wiscbadgerfootball
09-01-2007, 04:22 PM
definitely.. defense still needs to step it up. Allen Langford is getting torn apart. They didn't really even throw at Ikegwuonu, but he ended up walking off injured, hopefully it wasn't too bad. The O-Line has really impressed me. PJ Hill is looking pretty shifty for a big guy. Overall a pretty good performance so far, but the defense hasn't shown me much.

wiscbadgerfootball
09-01-2007, 04:23 PM
Wisconsin's uniforms look strange.

nevermind 10char

GB12
09-01-2007, 04:25 PM
I don't like the red on red. These are much better.
http://hailtopurple.com/wisc2006_ap_smith.jpg

wiscbadgerfootball
09-01-2007, 04:27 PM
yeah I definitely agree.. right now I'm rockin the Ron Dayne jersey :)

GB12
09-01-2007, 04:52 PM
Wow, what a terrible punt.

wiscbadgerfootball
09-01-2007, 05:08 PM
I'll say this game is bugging the hell out of me

what a funky tip catch by Swan lol

usmc0106
09-03-2007, 03:00 PM
Decent game I would have like to see the d be able to control Wash. State a little bit more. Really liked what I saw from Tyler Donovan and think that if he can provide some balance look out. The jerseys looked good I dont know what you guys are talking about.

wiscbadgerfootball
09-08-2007, 06:12 PM
game tonight at 10 EST versus UNLV, should be an easy W

princefielder28
09-08-2007, 07:37 PM
game tonight at 10 EST versus UNLV, should be an easy W

predict a 5 TD victory

Vince Lombardi
09-09-2007, 12:05 AM
Wow.....that game took a few years off of my life. Mad credit to UNLV, they out played us all game probably deserved to win. What a beautiful bootleg for the winning touchdown by Donovan though! woooo....I'm glad that's over.

Boston
09-09-2007, 12:08 AM
predict a 5 TD victory

Ouch. I'm sorry about that.

princefielder28
09-09-2007, 12:24 AM
Ouch. I'm sorry about that.

They still won though so it's all good

GB12
09-09-2007, 03:57 PM
After a week in the top five we are right back where we started at #7.

princefielder28
09-09-2007, 07:13 PM
After a week in the top five we are right back where we started at #7.

That's alright atleast we got the win......

princefielder28
09-15-2007, 11:22 AM
PJ Hill 22 yards, 7-0 Badgers!

usmc0106
09-15-2007, 12:05 PM
This is embarassing. Why is this even a game. 7-7 10:00 min. left in the second quarter against a 1-AA team. Badgers should have dropped to about 15 after the unlv game and should drop out after this game.

princefielder28
09-15-2007, 12:10 PM
This is embarassing. Why is this even a game. 7-7 10:00 min. left in the second quarter against a 1-AA team. Badgers should have dropped to about 15 after the unlv game and should drop out after this game.

ok????? Wait until the second half.....majority of I-AA teams stick around like this in the first half and just get destroyed in the 2nd half

princefielder28
09-15-2007, 01:50 PM
PJ Hill, 5 TDs!

Boston
09-15-2007, 02:33 PM
Are we really giving up 31 points to the Citadel? Wasn't our defense supposed to be good this year?

PackerLegend
09-15-2007, 02:34 PM
45-31 seems like we let them score a lot of points, i dont have thebigten network so i didnt get to watch the game but off to 3-0 start awsome!

wiscbadgerfootball
09-15-2007, 04:33 PM
well honestly I think The Citadel is a better team than people probably give them credit for but yeah 31 points is too much. It's alright a win is a win.

usmc0106
09-17-2007, 07:47 PM
I love the badgers but face the facts. You guys cant be serious your satisfied with this team? Quit making excuses and just admitt that they were super over rated. Just look at what Hawaii did to UNLV. Like 49 to 14 or something like that. And it drives me nuts when I hear people compare citadel to App. State or say they are good. I really hope the badgers go undefeated, I still think they can but theres no way they should be as high as they are in the polls.

GB12
09-17-2007, 07:59 PM
I love the badgers but face the facts. You guys cant be serious your satisfied with this team? Quit making excuses and just admitt that they were super over rated. Just look at what Hawaii did to UNLV. Like 49 to 14 or something like that. And it drives me nuts when I hear people compare citadel to App. State or say they are good. I really hope the badgers go undefeated, I still think they can but theres no way they should be as high as they are in the polls.
They are definitely not "super overated". We don't blow out opponents, so what. That's not what we ever do, look back the last couple years even. If a team wants to go into a shootout we can, if they want a defensive battle we can do that to. I'm not saying that letting the other team dictate the pace is the best thing, but we can adjust very well and beat them at their own game. I can understand not moving us up, but I don't think a 14 point victory is a good reason to drop two spots.

Sportsfan486
09-17-2007, 08:09 PM
They are definitely not "super overated". We don't blow out opponents, so what. That's not what we ever do, look back the last couple years even. If a team wants to go into a shootout we can, if they want a defensive battle we can do that to. I'm not saying that letting the other team dictate the pace is the best thing, but we can adjust very well and beat them at their own game. I can understand not moving us up, but I don't think a 14 point victory is a good reason to drop two spots.

It wasn't because we ONLY won by 14 points, it was because we are supposed to have one of the top Ds in the nation and we gave up 30+ points to a team nowhere near our talent level.

wiscbadgerfootball
09-17-2007, 08:11 PM
Like I said The Citadel is much better than they are given credit for.. their only other loss is to Appalachian State if I'm not mistaken

Sportsfan486
09-17-2007, 08:24 PM
Like I said The Citadel is much better than they are given credit for.. their only other loss is to Appalachian State if I'm not mistaken

Much better being if they are REALLY, REALLY lucky they'll get in a bowl game at the end of the year?

You can't be ranked top 10 because of your defense and allow 31 points to a team like that and NOT expect to drop.

usmc0106
09-18-2007, 10:07 PM
A 14 point victory isnt a good reason to drop two spots? Do you know who we played? The Citadel 1-AA. I agree that they are a better team than people know but theres no way they should hang with a top 10 team. And to say we dont blow people out is just stupid. What is this pop warner?? Are you trying to tell me that you really only want a touchdown lead rather than a 21 point lead? I know we arent going to go put the ball up 50 times a game but even grinding it out on the ground we should be more dominant over bad teams. That said non-conference is over, and nows the time to step it up.

wiscbadgerfootball
09-23-2007, 04:50 PM
A bit of a scary win over Iowa next up is Michigan State who has been playing well recently and cracked the top 25

usmc0106
09-23-2007, 05:04 PM
Man they gotta get rolling. They definitly show flashes of really good offense but its like they lose that momentum and then go into a funk or something. I wish they could have done better on the national spotlight.

Sportsfan486
09-23-2007, 07:25 PM
This team is really starting to scare me.. we've yet to impressively win a game and we've played really bad teams.

I *HOPE* they turn it on when they face a top-25 team but this might not end up being an amazing season for us, I'm seeing somewhere in the 2-4 range in the Big Ten and a non-BCS bowl game.

drowe
09-27-2007, 08:19 AM
yeah, i really hope the last few weeks was just an example of the Badgers playing down to their opponents. otherwise, they'll get smoked when they start playing the good teams.

GB12
10-08-2007, 06:30 PM
Luke Swan is out for the season.

Ouch

wiscbadgerfootball
10-13-2007, 08:47 PM
wow that game against Penn State is some of the worst football I have seen the Badgers play in the last 3 years. Their season is as good as done to me. On the bright side next year is looking to be an amazing one.

princefielder28
10-13-2007, 10:23 PM
wow that game against Penn State is some of the worst football I have seen the Badgers play in the last 3 years. Their season is as good as done to me. On the bright side next year is looking to be an amazing one.

Thats what we thought coming into this one..........

GB12
11-02-2007, 10:36 PM
So what's everyone doing about tomorrow?
The Wisconsin-Ohio State football game at 11 a.m. Saturday is to be shown in HD on the screen at the AT&T Palladium at the Marcus Majestic Cinema in Brookfield. Admission is free.
I'm thinking of going to that, but I'll probably just go to a sports bar.

wiscbadgerfootball
11-17-2007, 09:46 PM
do I have this straight?

If OSU gets National Championship, Illinois could get Rose Bowl and we could get Capital One?

GB12
08-04-2008, 10:56 PM
Lance Smith was kicked off the team. Sucks because he was very good in the time he was able to play last year, but at least he's not a key part to the team. On the bright side this could give us a chance to see some John Clay this season.

badgerbacker
08-04-2008, 11:21 PM
God, Lance Smith is an idiot.

princefielder28
09-06-2008, 11:19 AM
rough start so far today; penalties have been a problem leaving 3rd and longs for Evridge

djp
09-06-2008, 11:50 AM
That TE screen was one of the sickest play calls I've ever seen... such a perfectly designed play against the blitz.

PackerLegend
09-07-2008, 12:34 AM
After that 14 point head start we gave up it left me a little worried but 51 unanswered points after that was fun to watch. Hopefully we dont give up any more 14 point leads if we want to beat better teams.

PackerLegend
09-14-2008, 12:04 AM
WOW the Badgers just got ****ed major on that fumble. How the **** can you overturn that ****... Oh because you have cheating ****ing refs and now everyone knows why Wisconsin didn't want WAC officials. "Frenso's got some bad calls by officials in other games" OK SINCE WHEN DO 2 WRONGS MAKE A RIGHT!!!! **** WAC officials this better not cost us the game...

princefielder28
09-14-2008, 12:28 AM
WOW the Badgers just got ****ed major on that fumble. How the **** can you overturn that ****... Oh because you have cheating ****ing refs and now everyone knows why Wisconsin didn't want WAC officials. "Frenso's got some bad calls by officials in other games" OK SINCE WHEN DO 2 WRONGS MAKE A RIGHT!!!! **** WAC officials this better not cost us the game...

It has to be indisputable evidence to overturn and I would like to hear after the game what those officials saw that nobody else did

PackerLegend
09-14-2008, 01:45 AM
It has to be indisputable evidence to overturn and I would like to hear after the game what those officials saw that nobody else did

Exactly and the call on the field was a fumble and it clearly looked like one... atleast it didnt cost us the game this time but for the next team that could get screwed that just isnt right.

princefielder28
09-23-2008, 08:01 AM
Big 3 game stretch coming up

@ Michigan
Ohio State
Penn State

If they cn take care of things at home, this could be a special season

princefielder28
09-27-2008, 04:53 PM
Badgers have a chance to crack the Top 6 if they can hold on today

1. Georgia*
2. Oklahoma
3. Mizzou
4. LSU
5. Texas
6. Wisconsin

*Georgia beats Alabama tonight

I know there's alot of season left and we have many more answers following the next two games (tOSU, PSU), but this Badgers team has a chance to enter the NC conversation.

umphrey
09-27-2008, 06:05 PM
Words cannot express how disappointed I am. Two interceptions we gave away because receivers let the ball bounce off their hands into Michigan's. Everidge has horrible pocket presence. Half the time he completely ignores his blind side and if the defense happens to get pressure over there he drops the football.

PackerLegend
09-27-2008, 06:06 PM
Great! Just ****ing pathetic worst day ever to be a fan of Wisconsin teams. Badgers blow 19-0 againist a team that couldnt do **** the first half 24 plays, 21 yards. And the Brewers lose...

umphrey
09-27-2008, 06:43 PM
Did anyone actually see that penalty on the 2pt? It makes no sense to me how you can screw that up. It's just a short pass...two steps back, block, block, oh crap I'm in the end zone? How do you just wander that far forward on a quick pass play?

GB12
09-27-2008, 06:47 PM
Did anyone actually see that penalty on the 2pt? It makes no sense to me how you can screw that up. It's just a short pass...two steps back, block, block, oh crap I'm in the end zone? How do you just wander that far forward on a quick pass play?
It was Beckum's fault for not lining up in the right place. The tight end was supposed to go out for a pass and did. However Beckum was aligned on the line of scrimmage instead of off it so the tight end was ineligible.

badgerbacker
09-27-2008, 08:17 PM
It was Beckum's fault for not lining up in the right place. The tight end was supposed to go out for a pass and did. However Beckum was aligned on the line of scrimmage instead of off it so the tight end was ineligible.Exactly. Beckum is just an idiot who didn't know he was supposed to line up off the line of scrimmage. Since he lines up on the line, he covers up the tight end and makes him an ineligible receiver. Stupid freaking penalties...

someone447
09-27-2008, 08:21 PM
Exactly. Beckum is just an idiot who didn't know he was supposed to line up off the line of scrimmage. Since he lines up on the line, he covers up the tight end and makes him an ineligible receiver. Stupid freaking penalties...

That penalty should never happen. That is why you always check with the line judge. He will tell you if you are covering someone up. You are taught this in Pop Warner...

GB12
09-27-2008, 08:23 PM
That penalty should never happen. That is why you always check with the line judge. He will tell you if you are covering someone up. You are taught this in Pop Warner...
Checking with the ref wouldn't have done anything. It's not that he didn't know he was on the line, it's that he didn't know he wasn't supposed to be on the line.

PackerLegend
10-04-2008, 10:33 PM
After OSU's first opening drive I thought we were going to get raped. But damn our D played excellent after that kept us in it all night. An Evridge WTF was that last pass, you couldn't possibly throw it any better to Jenkins could you.

GB12
10-04-2008, 10:38 PM
Well it looks like we're headed to the Alamo Bowl.

the_legend_killer
10-05-2008, 09:07 PM
Allen Evridge is horrible.

thule
10-05-2008, 11:02 PM
Atleast Wisconsin has two studs at OLB...and another good rb coming into the picture. Once again....imagine what a wisconsin team with a good QB could do. Every year it seems to be the holding back factor.

rumfinator
10-12-2008, 01:27 AM
Atleast Wisconsin has two studs at OLB...and another good rb coming into the picture. Once again....imagine what a wisconsin team with a good QB could do. Every year it seems to be the holding back factor.

I dont know...Tyler Donavon was not too bad last year. I would rather have Tyler Donavon for four years than Allen Evridge for one. This dude just cant get it going. I thought he was going to be decent after a decent freshman year at Kansas St....but he was really regressed or maybe I should say never progressed.

PackerLegend
10-12-2008, 01:56 AM
How many games do you need to win to be bowl eligible? Is it 6?? How many games do we have left?

Anyways that was pathetic but hopefully Penn State can represent the big ten well.

EvilMonkey
10-12-2008, 02:09 AM
Allen Evridge is horrible.

post is a week old but definitely still applies....

badgerbacker
10-12-2008, 10:42 AM
That was the worst football game I've ever seen. Yes, Penn State is good, but we completely stopped playing. It was sickening. That was the first time I've ever left a game early.

As for Allan Evridge... ugh. I was a big supporter of him this year and even last year. What makes me mad is that he certainly has all of the physical skills. I still think if he could somehow get his head out of his ass he is a Chase Daniel type player. However, he has shown that he can't make quick decisions, throw accurately with any consistency, or secure the ball. All of that being said, he is still our best option at QB at least for this year. Regardless of what drunk fans in the stands are saying, he is still better than Sherer and we aren't going to play a true freshman (Curt Phillips).

With all of that being said, QB is not our only problem. Fans like to point the finger at Evridge, but he is not the lone reason for losing these last three games. First of all, a punt return for a touchdown is upsetting, but a punt return for a touchdown as easy as Penn State's is simply unacceptable. Granted our coverage has been decent the rest of the year, that play I think was the start of when the Badgers gave up yesterday.

The bigger problem, though, is our defense. While a lot of fans complain about our offense with everybody else running spread option stuff, I have no problem with our current offense because it has worked and continues to work. HOWEVER, we need to learn how to stop the spread and mobile QBs. The Ohio St game was the perfect example of what our defense is. When the Buckeyes ran traditional type plays such as dropback passes or conventional runs, we (for the most part) shut them down even though they are extremely talented. Once opposing offenses start moving the QB around though, Steven Freaking Threet runs all over us. It's a joke.

GB12
10-15-2008, 09:54 PM
So, Sherer will likely start on Saturday. Might as well start getting him ready as this season's lost already.

the_legend_killer
10-15-2008, 10:19 PM
Yeah, if we're lucky, Motor City Bowl here we come! Oh well, at least I won't have to wake up at 10 AM New Years Day with a hangover to watch the Badgers get beat by an SEC team.

princefielder28
10-18-2008, 11:04 AM
RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN

That's the only way they win today

badgerbacker
10-18-2008, 05:07 PM
I think I have a stronger arm than Sherer. Evridge is unfortunately our best option, by far.

PackerLegend
10-18-2008, 07:08 PM
I think I have a stronger arm than Sherer. Evridge is unfortunately our best option, by far.

Im not so sure... I think our best option is to not play so we dont get embarrassed :D

Whistler6
01-09-2009, 08:54 PM
So Pj Hill officially has declared for the draft.. I honestly didn't think he would be much more than a late round draft pick if he had left after his senior season, but he must have heard something about his stock leaving after this year. Any thoughts???

badgerbacker
01-09-2009, 09:00 PM
I really think he only left because his playing time would have decreased next year. Clay is the far better back and he's starting to learn the offense (after only two short years...). PJ simply left because his stock would have dropped if he stayed.

That being said, you are right about his draft stock. He's no more than a second day pick and he might not even get drafted unless he can surprise me and run a 40 yard dash in under 4.70.

umphrey
01-09-2009, 10:41 PM
Yeah he could be a downhill runner with good vision like Reuben Droughns and maybe split time but he probably ends up bouncing around rosters and practice squads trying to make a team as a special teamer. Any chance a NFL team looks at him as a fullback?

Clay is gonna be really good he should be very successful for us. Jumping ahead he could end up going round 2-3.

Whistler6
01-10-2009, 11:07 AM
I'm completely miffed as to how a guy like Lendale White can be drafted as high as he was and score as many TD's as he has. If a pudge-ball like White can do it, Pj Hill has to think he can do the same.

If he is a guy who bounces around teams, makes practice squads, squeaks onto a team and becomes a goal line back, etc.. That might not be a WOW to us as fans, but it's still more* than enough to make a living off of.

His stock won't get any higher, so he was right to leave now I think. He played well against a really tough FSU defense. Good luck to him.

Nimmy
01-10-2009, 04:25 PM
And Badger fans couldn't be happier, or at least this one. PJ was honestly our worst back last year, and he kept a great third down specialist like Zach Brown off the field. With Clay pounding and Brown catching screens, we'll be much better next year. (EDIT: Plus Bradie Ewing isn't terrible, and we're bringing in a solid recruit in Montee Ball).

And now the real question: Sherer, Tolzien, Phillips, Stallons, or someone else? Personally I want to see what Curt Phillips can do, but Sherer was effective enough at the end of last year to make us comfortable enough to not have to start a freshman. I guess Phillips was about as good of a recruit as Tyler Donovan, and he needed 5 years to get on the field.

umphrey
01-10-2009, 05:53 PM
Jim Lehnord is starting for Baltimore in the playoffs today. That is so awesome, I didn't even know he was in the league. One of my all time favorite Badgers easily and I pretty much forgot about him.

Whistler6
01-10-2009, 05:55 PM
Jim Lehnord is starting for Baltimore in the playoffs today. That is so awesome, I didn't even know he was in the league. One of my all time favorite Badgers easily and I pretty much forgot about him.

He had about 8 tackles and a sack last week in their first playoff game. I think he's stepping in for an injured player, but your right... It's awesome to see the litlle Jimmy Leonhard starting and playing well after being a walk on to UW.

princefielder28
01-10-2009, 10:17 PM
He had about 8 tackles and a sack last week in their first playoff game. I think he's stepping in for an injured player, but your right... It's awesome to see the litlle Jimmy Leonhard starting and playing well after being a walk on to UW.

He's stepping in for Dawan Landry

Whistler6
03-17-2009, 10:20 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/03/16/badgers.hill.arrested.ap/index.html

Pj Hil arrested on suspicion of drunken driving and leading police on a chase.. Great job big butt. From 6th-7th round pick to hopefully landing on a practice squad for a few paychecks?

cvv84
08-28-2009, 12:07 PM
Scott Tolzien will start the season opener on September 5th against Northern Illinois. Curt Phillips is expected to play though.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/55504242.html

I don't like how we don't have just 1 guy playing at QB. If it were me I'd go with Phillips.

badgerbacker
08-28-2009, 12:50 PM
http://www.uwbadgers.com/sport_news/fb/story_pdf_11386.pdf

Here's the depth chart that was announced. I agree with disliking the two quarterback idea. I'd rather just give it to Phillips so that he can get 4 years of starting. Also, how dumb must John Clay be to not be the starting running back? Obviously he'll get plenty of carries, but he is so much more physically talented than Brown and it's a little embarrassing that he isn't the starter.

cvv84
09-05-2009, 06:18 PM
Badgers looking good so far. I only caught a little bit of their 1st drive but it was a huge pass for a TD. Then they get a sack on defense and now they're working on their 2nd drive.

the_legend_killer
09-12-2009, 11:05 AM
Good 1st defensive possession for the Badgers. Here's to hoping we can get the run game going.

cvv84
09-12-2009, 11:20 AM
Good 1st defensive possession for the Badgers. Here's to hoping we can get the run game going.

Now they're getting no pressure, poor tackling, and Fresno State is marching down the field on them.

Why the Badgers came out running after last weeks success in the passing game is beyond me.

the_legend_killer
09-12-2009, 11:23 AM
Yeah, that last drive, not so much. Then again, when you give them that much release off the snap, it's easy to run good routes.

cvv84
09-12-2009, 11:42 AM
This secondary is pathetic.

cvv84
09-12-2009, 11:52 AM
Finally start to pass the ball and look what happens - they march down the field and score. Its called balance Bielema.

cvv84
09-12-2009, 12:00 PM
Badgers CBs are playing shadow and their entire defense looks like ghosts trying to tackle.

cvv84
09-12-2009, 12:03 PM
That #26 for the Badgers is just terrible. Gave up 2 big plays and just got burnt bad for a TD. 21-7 Fresno State

the_legend_killer
09-12-2009, 12:03 PM
This secondary is pathetic.

Ain't no doubt about it.

Niners_2152
09-12-2009, 12:15 PM
I'm watching the game but didn't watch last week. I may be off here but it looks like we have the QB we needed for the last 5 years but lost the great defense we had then.

P.S. Take 26 out

the_legend_killer
09-12-2009, 12:23 PM
Indeed. Nice call by Bielema, and really nice connection on the pass. I'm liking Tolzien at QB a lot.

cvv84
09-12-2009, 12:49 PM
Indeed. Nice call by Bielema, and really nice connection on the pass. I'm liking Tolzien at QB a lot.

Anyone over Scheer was an improvement. I wish they'd run Clay more though. The more carries he gets the better he becomes during a game.

I'm watching the game but didn't watch last week. I may be off here but it looks like we have the QB we needed for the last 5 years but lost the great defense we had then.

P.S. Take 26 out

They just need someone like Bollinger or even Stocco. Just manage the game, hit the open receiver, and hand the ball off.

Niners_2152
09-12-2009, 12:51 PM
Anyone over Scheer was an improvement. I wish they'd run Clay more though. The more carries he gets the better he becomes during a game.

and the less time a bad defense is on the field?

Man, Tolzein is taking shot after shot and still manages to put it where it needs to be.

cvv84
09-12-2009, 12:57 PM
They needed a score there. They had the momentum at half then marched down the field and stalled. If Bucky is going to come back they need a stop here. Hopefully they practiced tackling at halftime....

cvv84
09-12-2009, 01:02 PM
What an idot Brinkly is. He could've easily just pushed the WR out of bounds but instead deceides to try to make a tackle and gets called for face mask which keeps the Bulldogs drive alive.

cvv84
09-12-2009, 01:16 PM
BIG turnover there after that huge run by Fresno State. Unfortunately the Badgers just cannot run the ball today.

cvv84
09-12-2009, 01:29 PM
Man our CBs suck. Brinkley gets beat for a 1st down after the Badgers had them pinned down inside thier Fresno's own 5 yard line. Time is just ticking down and the Badgers are going to need to come up with a stop or turnover again or this game is over.

cvv84
09-12-2009, 01:32 PM
Brinkley burned again. Adjustments anyone???

cvv84
09-12-2009, 01:37 PM
Bucky catches a break on the missed FG. A TD and a defensive stop = a win. Can they do it??

cvv84
09-12-2009, 01:40 PM
72 yard TD for John Clay!!!!! Badgers take the lead with 5:45 left in the game. 24-21 Bucky

cvv84
09-12-2009, 01:58 PM
Wow why change up your playcalling now??? 4th and 3 and the Badgers have to punt. Fresno State is going to get good field position with 1:30 left in the game. The Badgers defense is going to have to come up huge here.

cvv84
09-12-2009, 02:08 PM
Kneel down? Has Bielema been watching his defense?

cvv84
09-12-2009, 02:28 PM
2nd OT now. Go figure, the Badgers secondary can't keep Fresno State out of the endzone. Thats 4 passing TDs for the game for the Bulldogs.

Ironically though to start the 2nd OT, the Badgers pick off an underthrown pass in the endzone. Bucky just needs to score to win now.

cvv84
09-12-2009, 02:33 PM
Badgers win in double OT on a FG. A big comeback and a big win for the program.

Whistler6
09-19-2009, 02:47 PM
John Clay is an all around dissapointment to me.. Big guy, solid build, decent speed but? What is it that is holding him back? Work ethic? Discipline? ughhh

badgerbacker
09-19-2009, 05:17 PM
From what I've heard he has a poor work ethic and he's not very intelligent. I'm pretty sure the coaches still haven't opened him up to the entire playbook, which is a little pathetic considering he's in his 3rd year at Wisconsin.

It pains me to say that I think he's actually getting worse. He's put on more weight, and now seems like he has lost any explosiveness he showed last year. While he did show decent speed last week on the long run, I still feel he has lost a lot of acceleration and it takes him forever to hit holes. To top it off, he couldn't hold onto the ball today. Woof.

Whistler6
09-19-2009, 05:29 PM
From what I've heard he has a poor work ethic and he's not very intelligent. I'm pretty sure the coaches still haven't opened him up to the entire playbook, which is a little pathetic considering he's in his 3rd year at Wisconsin.

It pains me to say that I think he's actually getting worse. He's put on more weight, and now seems like he has lost any explosiveness he showed last year. While he did show decent speed last week on the long run, I still feel he has lost a lot of acceleration and it takes him forever to hit holes. To top it off, he couldn't hold onto the ball today. Woof.

yup, yup, and umm yup. I agree with all that... Looks slow hitting the holes, when he talks he seems a bit out there, and he looks heavier (not stronger) than he was last year.

It's a shame too, because when I was a senior our team played his in the playoffs and ALLL the talk was how big of a star this kid was going to be.

Whistler6
09-26-2009, 10:55 AM
Do the Badgers pull this one out today?

I think they either get off to a fast start and win a close battle. Or they get absolutely trounced by a solid Michigan State team.

princefielder28
09-26-2009, 12:34 PM
So far so good for the Badgers

PackerLegend
09-26-2009, 12:35 PM
So far so good 21-7 at halftime lets hope they keep it up.

the_legend_killer
09-26-2009, 10:22 PM
Seriously though, Tolzien's been damn good so far. MUCH better than expected. Looks like Bielema made the right decision.

the_legend_killer
11-14-2009, 12:00 PM
In this game I've drawn an interesting parallel between the Badgers not having a good secondary and Michigan picking up lots of 3rd down conversions.

Whistler6
11-14-2009, 12:57 PM
In this game I've drawn an interesting parallel between the Badgers not having a good secondary and Michigan picking up lots of 3rd down conversions.

I wouldn't say they don't have a "good" secondary, but rather just young. Aren't a couple of their corners only freshman? But yes, when Forcier starts out something like 14-16, they definitely need to make adjustments.

If the Badgers don't beat themselves (Garret Graham and the def. TD), they should pull away from this Michigan team.

I was watching TWC Round Table the other night, and this one guys says John Clay is a slower Ron Dayne...Is that possible? He does look a bit slow hitting the holes though. Hmm.

cvv84
11-14-2009, 01:45 PM
Clay is the type of guy who gets better with the more carries he gets. Obviously he's more suited to run north/south but he's also carring it at 5.1 ypc for the season.

Whistler6
12-06-2009, 09:18 PM
So after the Badgers completely shalacked Hawaii, I am pretty stoked for their bowl game against Miami. Hopefully last years loss (A** whooping) to FSU motivates them to take it to the Canes.

By the way, the Badgers time of possession last night was insane. 70-80 yard drive after 70-80 yard drive. Nice win and vacation to Hawaii.

princefielder28
12-06-2009, 09:53 PM
I'm excited to see the matchup against the U

cvv84
12-29-2009, 09:38 PM
Damn you Garrett Grahm! I mean honestly...

princefielder28
12-29-2009, 09:55 PM
JJ Watt and O'Brien Schofield are so awesome

cvv84
12-29-2009, 10:19 PM
Closer than it should have been. Wisconsin dominated the entire game but stupid turnovers almost cost them the game. Also all coaches should just take the prevent defense out of their playbook all together.

Whistler6
12-29-2009, 10:26 PM
JJ Watt and O'Brien Schofield are so awesome

Scholfield definitely turned some heads tonight...He will get a longgg look from scouts right up until the draft.

He'd look good in Green and Gold, eh?

cvv84
12-29-2009, 10:34 PM
Scholfield definitely turned some heads tonight...He will get a longgg look from scouts right up until the draft.

He'd look good in Green and Gold, eh?

He could be a LaMarr Woodley kind of guy if he adds another 10-15 lbs.

Whistler6
12-30-2009, 12:40 PM
Absolutely. I like watching him play, and his motor just never seems to stop.

What's the scouts thoughts on John Clay? I think if he could lose some pudge and gain a bit of initial burst, he might be an intriguing prospect...Right now though, he reminds me of a slower Ron Dayne. And that's saying something.

Clay is like a train in that once he gets going he is so tough to stop. But the first couple steps look slowww. I hope he comes in 2010 just chiseled and focused. Hard to top this year statwise though, so I can't knock him too much.

Whistler6
12-30-2009, 12:43 PM
John Clay is an all around dissapointment to me.. Big guy, solid build, decent speed but? What is it that is holding him back? Work ethic? Discipline? ughhh

Hah, wow I have to eat these words don't I? Maybe that'll be my New Years resolution. Not let my initial reaction to a single game or week get in the way of how I feel and what I say. Ah well...Step back from the ledge.

cvv84
12-30-2009, 12:46 PM
Absolutely. I like watching him play, and his motor just never seems to stop.

What's the scouts thoughts on John Clay? I think if he could lose some pudge and gain a bit of initial burst, he might be an intriguing prospect...Right now though, he reminds me of a slower Ron Dayne. And that's saying something.

Clay is like a train in that once he gets going he is so tough to stop. But the first couple steps look slowww. I hope he comes in 2010 just chiseled and focused. Hard to top this year statwise though, so I can't knock him too much.

Last year Clay looked like a potential 1st round pick. I think he needs to drop some weight if he's going to be a round 3-5 pick. Monty Ball this year looks like how Clay looked last year.

Whistler6
01-26-2010, 03:30 PM
It is a damn shame, but O'Brien Schofield tore ligaments in his knee during the 1st day of Senior Bowl practices. Hopefully he has a speedy recovery.

Whistler6
01-29-2010, 10:18 AM
Remember Lance Smith? He was kicked off the Badgers squad and has resurfaced in Memphis. He was a top 100 recruit in '06. Nothing really significant, but interesting none the less. I think the most fascinating part about it is Knowshon Moreno(99), Brandon Spikes(100), Jermain Gresham(111), and Josh Freeman(141) were ranked behind him in that recruiting class.

98. Lance Smith (http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=27517) (Warren, Ohio/Howland)
Position: RB
College: Wisconsin
Smith had 774 yards and eight rushing touchdowns in two seasons with the Badgers. He was kicked off the team following the 2007 season due to legal problems. This past season, Smith made his debut for the Memphis Tigers. He had 149 yards and a touchdown during his junior campaign.

RyanBraun8
01-29-2010, 08:40 PM
With Clay I see a lot of Brandon Jacobs or I think that is more of what he would be in the NFL. He def seemed if he like he had lost some explosive he showed last year(08 Ohio st game for example). If he can get back to where he was coming into Wisconsin I think he could be a solid NFL prospect but he has to stop getting bigger (heavier) and slower and be getting bigger (stronger) and faster. Man i remember if in that state championship game and he look every bit a future star....it was phenominal and made me happy I was in the FVA. But I have to line up against Kemp and Konz so still not that easy ha

cvv84
01-29-2010, 09:48 PM
Clay's always going to be a between the tackles runner but IMO he needs to drop 15-20 lbs in order to ever be effective in the NFL. Especailly since he's not a pass catcher. We just keep churning out RBs though. Ron Dayne, Michael Bennett, Anthony Davis, Brian Calhoun, P.J. Hill, John Clay, Montee Ball....

Whistler6
04-19-2010, 04:55 PM
WOAH, did anyone see Clay without pads at the spring game? The guy looked like he was carrying a keg under his jersey. It could be because I've only ever seen him in full uniform and during games, but man he looked like he packed on some weight.

Thankfully it's only mid-April, but had better be in the best shape of his life come late August if he wants to be considered a decent draft pick.

wiscbadgerfootball
08-06-2010, 06:40 PM
Anyone else incredibly excited for this season? I think the badgers can do some serious damage this year with my boy Gabe Carimi and the crew.

umphrey
09-04-2010, 05:56 PM
10:00 CST Wisconsin vs. UNLV. Finally some real football! We should have a great team to watch this year. John Clay should put up video game numbers. Tolzien is one of the best QBs we've had in a long time, which isn't saying much (with our history at that position), but we have some outstanding players in every single unit on offense. I hope our defense can keep up because then we could really be a force and maybe, just maybe, keep pace with Ohio State.

Prediction: Wisconsin over UNLV, 38-24

Sportsfan486
09-04-2010, 06:56 PM
Prediction: Wisconsin over UNLV, 38-24

Wow, low hopes for this game, eh?

I'm going 45-17, 3 TDs for Clay.

princefielder28
09-04-2010, 07:35 PM
Wow, low hopes for this game, eh?

I'm going 45-17, 3 TDs for Clay.

Yeah, I think it'll be a sizable victory for the Badgers...it's been too long since that Miami game

badgerbacker
09-04-2010, 10:19 PM
John Clay has a bigger gut than he had last year. That being said, he's still awesome and I would not want to tackle him.

Sportsfan486
09-04-2010, 10:35 PM
Grrrrrr........

badgerbacker
09-04-2010, 11:16 PM
We have the biggest offensive line in the nation, a 300+ lb fullback, a 300 lb running back, and decent blocking tight ends against a team with little defensive line depth. We should not pass the ball once in the 2nd half.

Sportsfan486
09-05-2010, 01:24 AM
Okay. Here is my grades by position group for the game.

QB - C-. That was not very pretty.
RB - A-. Can't really complain, all three looked solid and FB is pimp. Clay worries me though, he looks really big and slower.
OL - B-. Thought they should have manhandled that poor DLine more and they tired out as game progressed.
WR - C-. Passing game in general seemed C-. Lackluster, rounded off routes, poor effort.
DL - A. Got pressure, looked good.
LB - A. Ditto.
DB - B. Looked pretty good overall, allowed some openings.

Offense - B-. Look. I know we dropped 41 on them. But the turnovers and what should have been an even MORE dominant running game have to be fixed if we're really trying for a BCS game. Tolzien needs to be better with the ball. I know he was 15 of 20 but if he's going to throw a pick-six to UNLV I'm terrified of the Iowa and Ohio State games.

Defense - A. I was worried about our defense and it looked superb. First two scores were Int returned for TD and then a quick one-play strike after a turnover. If we can play like we did in the first quarter defensively for an entire game, look out!

We were only up by 3 at the half and we need to do better than that. The gameplan, to me, didn't make sense at times. Frankly, we should never be passing on first down, especially when we have a lead. No team can stand to our tri-back attack and massive blocking assembly. Pound the ball!

umphrey
10-16-2010, 06:28 PM
One hell of a game going on. Right now winning 14-0 and Pryor can't hit the broad side of a barn with his throws, almost had a few picks. First quarter.

PackerLegend
10-16-2010, 06:33 PM
Lets ****ing Go Wisconsin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don Vito
10-17-2010, 01:31 AM
Thank you Badgers. Thank you oh so much.

PackerLegend
10-17-2010, 10:29 AM
Thank you Badgers. Thank you oh so much.

Why thank you and god bless your avy.

umphrey
10-23-2010, 12:20 PM
@ Iowa 2:30 CST Wisconsin time

Where are we in the big 10 if Northwestern beats Michigan State (up 17-0 in 2nd quarter) if we beat Iowa today? Probably 1st, looking at BCS rankings we would jump ahead of 1 loss Michigan State (7) and Ohio State (10). We are 13, Iowa is 15, so IF we win in Iowa, we probably jump into the #1 spot with Michigan State losing to an unranked team and Ohio State, assuming they beat Purdue, probably doesn't move much at all since it isn't a quality win.

In that scenario head to head says:
Michigan State > Wisconsin > Ohio State
But the polls will not agree.

princefielder28
10-23-2010, 12:22 PM
I'm fearful of the game today...we never seem to play well at Iowa...the key will be putting pressure on Stanzi and minimizing how much we ask Tolzien to do facing a scary good Iowa front

cvv84
10-23-2010, 05:45 PM
Holy smokes!! Come on defense, hold em' for just 1 minute!!

umphrey
10-23-2010, 05:48 PM
http://www.digitalmars.com/d/d002.jpg http://www.calfinder.com/assets/images/blog/picket-fence.jpg

PackerLegend
10-23-2010, 11:30 PM
WISCONSIN!

umphrey
10-30-2010, 04:00 PM
Iowa is helping us out big time by dropping 30 unanswered points on MSU in the first half!

Who is going to win the big 10 this year? The top 4 teams: WI, MSU, Iowa, OSU, are done playing each other after today so assuming Iowa holds on (pretty much a given at this point) there are three 1 loss teams and Iowa with 2 losses and every team has at least 1 win against another top team.

Also, I am in love with my new sig. The Packers should draft all 3 of those guys and they would have one of the better RB groups in the league.

GB12
10-30-2010, 04:03 PM
Iowa and Ohio State still play each other.

umphrey
10-30-2010, 04:20 PM
I knew I was going to forget one. I thought OSU beat Iowa. I see now Iowa has OSU in Iowa for the 2nd last game of the year. We still have some tough games left, but nothing even close to the OSU Iowa games we just swept. So if we can manage to win out, Iowa could beat OSU, and MSU doesn't look like a championship team after almost losing to Northwestern and getting pummeled by Iowa. A lot of things have to go right, but at this point we look like the team in best position to win the Big 10 outright. Speaking of Northwestern, I HATE playing them, and that last game against them better not screw things up for us. At least it's in Madison. We have 2 big games left with the other being in Michigan. If we can win those 2 I'm pretty sure we'll at least tie for the Big 10 title.

GB12
10-30-2010, 04:29 PM
Simply winning out will give us a share of the title, but getting the Rose Bowl is a little harder.

If more than two teams tie for the championship, the same selection procedures shall be followed with the following exceptions:

a) If three teams are tied, and if one team defeated both of the other teams, then that team shall be the representative. Nope

b) If three teams are still tied, and if two of the three teams defeated the third team, the third team is eliminated, and the remaining two teams shall revert to the two-team tie procedure. Nope

c)If three teams are still tied, and there is a tie game between two of the three teams, or if two or all three of the teams did not play each other, the representative shall be determined on a percentage basis of all games played.

d)If three teams are still tied, and one of the three teams is eliminated through the percentage basis of all games played, the remaining two teams shall revert to the two-team tie procedure. This is where Iowa's out of conference loss hurts us. If it's Wisconsin, Iowa, and Michigan State tied at the end of the season Iowa would be eliminated for having that loss. Then it's the two team tiebreaker, which would give it to Michigan State since they beat us. So that means unless Michigan State can get another loss we should be rooting for Ohio State.

e) If three teams are still tied, and all three teams have the same winning percentage of all games played, the highest-ranked team in the final BCS standings shall be the representative. But if Ohio State wins out the rest of the way they might have a higher BCS ranking than us since they would have beaten a ranked Iowa and we don't play anymore ranked teams.

umphrey
10-30-2010, 04:50 PM
Interesting. So, correct me if I'm wrong, we can get to the Rose Bowl only if MSU loses again? Otherwise we tie them at best, which would go to MSU in any tiebreaker scenario. Since MSU plays Minnesota, Purdue, and at Penn State, that seems like the most likely scenario at this point. I will be so pissed if we sweep Iowa and OSU but don't get to the Rose Bowl because we lost 1 game to Michigan State. I will be almost as pissed if MSU is the Rose Bowl team this year out of a strong Big 10.

What about (c), since MSU didn't play OSU, who wins in a 3 way tie with OSU, WI, MSU? That would go down to (e) I believe, which would give it to OSU (almost certainly), thus to get to the Rose Bowl we still need a MSU loss.

GB12
10-30-2010, 05:01 PM
Wisconsin and Ohio State/Iowa tie: Wisconsin

Wisconsin and Iowa and Michigan State: Michigan State

Wisconsin and Ohio State and Michigan State: Highest BCS ranking. Michigan State will be knocked out of that race after today, but it's a toss up between Wisconsin and Ohio State. Wisconsin is higher right now, but just by one spot. Ohio State will have beaten an Iowa team ranked probably around 12th while we don't play any more ranked teams, so I would guess Ohio State jumps us even though we beat them.

So hopefully Michigan State sucks it up again for a second loss and we're set. Otherwise root for Ohio State so we at least have a chance.

Too bad Northwestern couldn't finish them off.

umphrey
10-30-2010, 05:17 PM
Northwestern you find a way to screw us again before we even play you!!!!!!

GB12
11-07-2010, 11:12 PM
Up to 7th in the rankings. If we win out like we should, we'll be in a BCS game for sure.

umphrey
11-13-2010, 01:19 PM
Trying to keep up with the Rose Bowl race, since there is a lot of misinformation out there and "experts" who have no idea what they are talking about, constantly conflicting each other.

Currently WI, MSU, OSU are all still tied and it looks pretty likely that they all win out. If we lose to Michigan, no Rose Bowl. If MSU loses and we don't, Rose Bowl is a lock. I've been hearing that there is a good chance we would be above OSU in the BCS if we both win out. Maybe we actually control our own destiny with all of the tough games behind us!!! Two questions though:

Iowa looks weak as hell. They were a dropped pass away from losing to Indiana and Northwestern was giving them trouble, though look to be in better shape now. Since we need OSU to win out and beat Iowa anyway, how much does that win bump OSU in the BCS now that Iowa looks a lot weaker than they did a month ago or so? That win for us was a big one at the time, a Big 10 rival with 1 loss and a highly ranked team, does that win lose value now that Iowa is struggling a little bit? They did crush Michigan State, so it's a confusing team to evaluate for me.

Second, do style points matter for us right now? It looks like we are going to be within 1 or 2 spots of OSU in the BCS. Could the difference between 1 spot ahead or 1 spot behind hinge on a 3 TD win vs. Michigan vs. a field goal win against Michigan?

Alright, enough BCS talk, though I'm extremely hyped up about this team and I want Rose bowl soooooooo bad.

Montee Ball is a beast.
Thoughts?:::
Montee Ball = Jonathan Stewart
John Clay = Brandon Jacobs
James White = Felix Jones

IMO, Montee Ball is going to be completely under the radar of most draftniks, who will call him a late/UDFA guy. However the NFL scouts will be watching Carimi, Moffitt, Clay, Kendricks closely, and at some point, they are going to say: how is that 240 lb RB running as fast or faster than the secondary? He hits the hole with a huge head of steam and power, maybe even more than Clay who is kind of tentative IMO. He is a one cut and go runner who consistently gets yards after contact and is always falling forward. I love seeing him truck linebackers. He doesn't break a lot of tackles but usually the ball ends up at least 3 yards past where he gets hit, unless the play falls apart completely.

GB12
11-13-2010, 01:59 PM
Obviously it's best to go to the Rose Bowl just because well, it's the Rose Bowl. However, it wouldn't be the worst thing not to get it. If we win out we're for sure getting a BCS game. In the Rose Bowl we'd get Oregon or Boise State. As an at large we could be playing Pittsburgh or Virginia Tech.

GB12
11-13-2010, 02:14 PM
Well Northwestern just beat Iowa. Unless Michigan State loses we still have to root for Ohio State next week, but it won't be as impressive of a win now so that'll help with the BCS rankings.

Sportsfan486
11-13-2010, 03:40 PM
After blowing out Indiana today it seems likely we'll end up the top Big Ten team in the BCS, barring a loss. Computers will drool over the margin of victory, albeit against a crappy team, and the pollsters won't let MSU or OSU make up ground when we blew the piss out of a Big Ten team and put up the highest point total of any team this year.

I wish I could say there was a chance we'd make it to 1 or 2 but TCU and Boise are both going to win out and at least one of the other four teams ahead of us is likely to.

Auburn and TCU are both losing right now, though, so who knows. I find it unlikely they'd put a one loss second-best-in-the-PAC10 Stanford team in the BCS game ahead of the best Big Ten team, but maybe. I doubt LSU wins out. Oregon and Boise are unlikely to lose, though, so probably a moot point. #3 or #4 at best.

umphrey
11-13-2010, 06:55 PM
I would say we are actually in really good shape in the BCS standings right now. We'll be above MSU for sure since they didn't play OSU and lost to Iowa. When OSU beats Iowa, that won't be much of a quality win since they have 3 losses, one against Northwestern. Don't remember the other but I'm pretty sure it was someone bad. So any voters that have us ranked right next to each other would almost surely put us 1 spot above with the H2H win. Our H2H loss to MSU shouldn't hurt us in that situation because they will be a few spots further down the ladder, and they wouldn't jump them up past a bunch of other teams just because of a H2H win.

My biggest question remains though:
Iowa was a good team when they lost to us, an average team when they crushed MSU, and will be a poor team when they lose to OSU. Is the quality of the win/loss the same for all 3 teams or do they say our Iowa win is worth more than OSU's Iowa win because they were more highly regarded when we played them?
(If you haven't noticed, I'm assuming OSU beats Iowa. I'd give OSU about a 10 point spread in that game. But if they do lose there is no debate really)

cvv84
11-13-2010, 09:24 PM
I believe if both the Badgers and MSU win out that MSU would finish higher in the BCS standings. Lets not get ahead of ourselves here though because we do play at Michigan wich is going to be a tough game. If they win next week then we can talk about the different scenarios.

princefielder28
11-14-2010, 10:39 AM
I believe if both the Badgers and MSU win out that MSU would finish higher in the BCS standings. Lets not get ahead of ourselves here though because we do play at Michigan wich is going to be a tough game. If they win next week then we can talk about the different scenarios.

How do you see MSU finishing ahead of Wisconsin??? They don't have the respect of the pollsters, not that the Badgers do but the Spartans were expected to lose at some point, and when they did lose they got smoked 37-6 at Iowa, which isn't favorable in any scenario. In all likelihood Michigan State will be the odd team out in the BCS scenario for Big Ten teams because they're not a school we associate with winning in college football and their one loss was an ass whooping.

cvv84
11-14-2010, 11:13 AM
How do you see MSU finishing ahead of Wisconsin??? They don't have the respect of the pollsters, not that the Badgers do but the Spartans were expected to lose at some point, and when they did lose they got smoked 37-6 at Iowa, which isn't favorable in any scenario. In all likelihood Michigan State will be the odd team out in the BCS scenario for Big Ten teams because they're not a school we associate with winning in college football and their one loss was an ass whooping.

I read an article that said MSU would finish higher in the BCS. The polls are only 1/3 of the BCS formula.

GB12
11-14-2010, 12:08 PM
I read an article that said MSU would finish higher in the BCS. The polls are only 1/3 of the BCS formula.

Each poll is 1/3 and then 1/3 is computers. Regardless of the formula, Michigan State is 4 spots and 11% behind us. It's basically impossible for them to jump us unless we lose.

cvv84
11-17-2010, 04:13 PM
I wish this sports writers would actually watch a game they choose to write about. All this BS about the Badgers running up the score... What are we supposed to do tell our 3rd stringers to get stuffed running the ball, drop passes, then proceed to punt? Suck my nuts.

Sportsfan486
11-17-2010, 04:51 PM
Each poll is 1/3 and then 1/3 is computers. Regardless of the formula, Michigan State is 4 spots and 11% behind us. It's basically impossible for them to jump us unless we lose.

Yeah, there's no way MSU or OSU jumps us if we win out. No one is going to jump them ahead of us in the polls and we're barely behind MSU in the computers and well ahead of OSU. If we win out we'll get BCS juiciness.

cvv84
11-17-2010, 05:40 PM
Yeah, there's no way MSU or OSU jumps us if we win out. No one is going to jump them ahead of us in the polls and we're barely behind MSU in the computers and well ahead of OSU. If we win out we'll get BCS juiciness.

OSU gained 20 points on us even though we both won. Kind of foolsih to make predictions with 2 weeks left plus conference championship games yet to be played. Lets beat Michigan first and then we can talk roses.

Sportsfan486
11-17-2010, 05:46 PM
OSU gained 20 points on us even though we both won. Kind of foolsih to make predictions with 2 weeks left plus conference championship games yet to be played.

It's a sport, you make predictions.

OSU may have a chance to pass us in the BCS with a victory over Iowa but the question is, how much credit will pollsters give them in beating a flailing Iowa team? And how much credit will the computers give out for beating a then-4 loss team? They need to make up significant ground both in the computers and the polls.

MSU doesn't play anyone that will give them a boost, so I don't see how they'd jump Wisconsin.

cvv84
11-17-2010, 06:09 PM
It's a sport, you make predictions.

No ****, its also a sport where you assume wins and strength of schedule.

Sportsfan486
11-17-2010, 06:12 PM
No ****, its also a sport where you assume wins and strength of schedule.

The Badgers are doing well, why can't you just be happy and dream? YOU RUIN EVERYTHING! :*(

umphrey
11-17-2010, 09:45 PM
In the human polls if Wisky and OSU are ranked right next to each other I don't know how anyone can give OSU the edge. Same conference, played a lot of the same teams, H2H win should be the tie breaker in the mind of the voters.

cvv84
11-20-2010, 01:51 PM
Start to smell those roses! Big win today and this was our only real stopping block on the way to Pasadena. The run game was huge yet again and we should have Clay back for next week too.

Purdue is also up 11 on Michigan State with 8 minutes left in the game.

princefielder28
11-20-2010, 02:03 PM
Purdue is letting it slip away...we're gonna need to cheer for Ohio State to continue to win

Sportsfan486
11-20-2010, 03:11 PM
Purdue, you suck.

yodabear
11-20-2010, 03:17 PM
This feels so dirty cheering for the Buckeyes. I will need therapy and a shower after this.....

umphrey
11-20-2010, 04:06 PM
haha Yeah I keep forgetting I want OSU to win. Damn Purdue you could have helped us so much. Want some good news? MSU is 0-8 at Penn St. and we play Northwestern without Persa.

princefielder28
11-20-2010, 05:41 PM
perfect result from Ohio State, they won but it wasn't pretty at all

Sportsfan486
11-20-2010, 05:50 PM
perfect result from Ohio State, they won but it wasn't pretty at all

Yup. Penalties, lack of called obvious penalties, etc. I don't see this game causing pollsters to jump OSU over us, especially after we shellacked Michigan.

umphrey
11-20-2010, 05:56 PM
Pretty much looks like beating a 7-3 Northwestern team without their starting QB in Madison is the only thing that's left to do to get into the Rose Bowl. I'm scared. I remember one year awhile ago we were 10-0 or something and we lost our last 2 games. Don't start partying yet Badgers!!! Leave the champagne and beer for 8 days from now!!

cvv84
11-27-2010, 12:27 PM
OSU is taking care of business and MSU is up by 11 at the half. This is really the best we could ask for at this point. Get it done against NW and we're set.

princefielder28
11-27-2010, 02:27 PM
3 hours away from the Rose Bowl!!!!

umphrey
11-28-2010, 11:05 AM
I'm glad we made it a blow out. Stupid BCS means we don't get to feel completely safe for over a week though.

Michigan State got screwed finally having a good year, going 11-1 and finishing 3rd in the division.

badgerbacker
11-28-2010, 11:11 AM
Yeah, I feel kind of bad for MSU too. At least the Capital One Bowl pays out pretty well for a non-BCS bowl.

cvv84
11-28-2010, 12:04 PM
Yeah, I feel kind of bad for MSU too. At least the Capital One Bowl pays out pretty well for a non-BCS bowl.

I don't. They pushed out last year.

cvv84
11-29-2010, 07:09 PM
Gabe Carimi named Big 10 offensive line player of the year

James White named Big 10 freshman of the year

GB12
12-06-2010, 06:57 PM
Tolzien won the Unitas award, for the best senior QB.

umphrey
12-06-2010, 06:58 PM
Well deserved. He was a spectacular college QB. I wonder what will happen to him in the pros. If I want a career backup he would be at the top of my list, but I also wouldn't be surprised to see him do alright as a starter (probably on a short term or interim basis) in some offenses.

Sportsfan486
12-06-2010, 08:00 PM
So, what is the prediction for the Rose Bowl?

TCU is a great defensive team but they really haven't played any good teams this year (unless you consider Oregon State or Utah good which I, sadly, do not.) They're also more of a finesse defense and pretty small so I'm not really thinking they're going to stand up to our 3 three-headed beast of big, bruising backs and our enormous OLine.

I, personally, would be surprised if we didn't win by a couple TDs at least. I feel like we're a really, REALLY bad matchup for them and will dominate them in the trenches.

I know that's a bold prediction for a team that's technically, by BCS and poll results, an underdog but I feel like the matchup is extremely in our favor. A team like Stanford or even Arkansas who had the firepower to potentially keep up with us and I'd think differently, but I don't see TCU being able to do so.

GB12
12-06-2010, 08:06 PM
TCU has a good defense, both on paper and for real. However, I still expect to be able to run all over them. I don't think we'll just roll over them, but I'd say a 10-14 point win sounds right.

umphrey
12-06-2010, 09:12 PM
I, personally, would be surprised if we didn't win by a couple TDs at least. I feel like we're a really, REALLY bad matchup for them and will dominate them in the trenches.
I Agree. I think TCU will just get completely blown away on both the offensive and defensive lines and won't be able to make adjustments. I think they'll be able to score pretty consistently with Dalton throwing some accurate passes. But I don't think they'll be able to run the ball enough and our defense will only need to make a couple plays because our offense is going to be able to flat out impose their will on them. TCU just doesn't have the man power to stop our run game without completely selling out against it (even then, maybe not) and in that case we are completely able and willing to throw in some play action for big yardage chunks.

umphrey
12-13-2010, 07:36 PM
http://grfx.cstv.com/schools/big10/graphics/auto/logo-horiz.jpg
http://grfx.cstv.com/schools/big10/graphics/auto/b10.jpg
http://grfx.cstv.com/schools/big10/graphics/auto/divisions-horiz.jpg

Are you freaking kidding me? Those logos look awful. Legends vs. Leaders? C'mon. What chromosome missing idiot picked the division names that start with the same letter and same # of syllables = sound exactly the same?
http://grfx.cstv.com/schools/big10/graphics/auto/divisions-horiz.jpgp

umphrey
12-23-2010, 10:55 AM
WI Badgers are a 3 point underdog against TCU in the Rose Bowl. I'm thinking about laying some serious dollars on Bucky. But hey, 94% of Wisconsin voted for WI over TCU so maybe I am being a homer.

cvv84
12-23-2010, 03:27 PM
WI Badgers are a 3 point underdog against TCU in the Rose Bowl. I'm thinking about laying some serious dollars on Bucky. But hey, 94% of Wisconsin voted for WI over TCU so maybe I am being a homer.

I can't wait to roll their asses back to Texas.

umphrey
01-01-2011, 05:27 PM
I recently found out 87% of the money is on WI over TCU. I am very nervous about this game. It just doesn't smell right...

GB12
01-01-2011, 05:30 PM
This is exactly the type of game I was expect. Wisconsin will pull away a bit in the end, but it'll be close for most of the way.

cvv84
01-01-2011, 07:50 PM
Well that was a disapointing end to a specatular season. With how many guys graduating and/or going to the NFL we'll always be left to ask what if. Our failure to score a TD on the opening posession and that missed FG really came back to haunt us.

Sportsfan486
01-01-2011, 08:22 PM
Well that was a disapointing end to a specatular season. With how many guys graduating and/or going to the NFL we'll always be left to ask what if. Our failure to score a TD on the opening posession and that missed FG really came back to haunt us.

Yeah. I hate the 2-point call, too. Shotgun spread, really? Come on. I would have run it. They think it'll be a playaction, those linebackers back off, you hit them.

That said, Tolzien HAS to float that ball man. He had plenty of time and the dude was wide open.

Sigh. Too many short field goals and/or misses. And too many times throwing on 1st down when our running game was gashing them.

J-Mike88
01-02-2011, 07:15 AM
I recently found out 87% of the money is on WI over TCU. I am very nervous about this game. It just doesn't smell right...
I had Wisconsin +3 (-125).... what a lucky bet.
Wisconsin has to run that ball on the 2-point conversion, right up the gut.
How tall is Tolzien? 5 foot 9?

umphrey
06-27-2011, 03:02 PM
Seriously how the hell did we get Russell Wilson when his options were Auburn football, professional baseball with a 4th round contract, and competing for a starting job in Wisconsin?

If he's any good this probably puts us ahead of Iowa, Ohio State and Michigan. Nebraska and MSU I don't know who they have coming back or whatever.

princefielder28
06-27-2011, 07:17 PM
on espn they were talking about the badgers as national championship contenders

bigboiajhawk
06-27-2011, 07:34 PM
First down - Monte Ball rush up the middle - Gain of 5 yards
Second down - Monte Ball rush to the right side- Gain of 3 yards
Third down - Play action pass Wilson to Toon on a comeback route- 7 yards.

Play action baby!!! Wilson will be a great play action QB especially with his feet.

Wilson, Ball, White, Toon, and the always dominant UW OL = Hopefully lots of points.

Don Vito
06-27-2011, 07:45 PM
First down - Monte Ball rush up the middle - Gain of 5 yards
Second down - Monte Ball rush to the right side- Gain of 3 yards
Third down - Play action pass Wilson to Toon on a comeback route- 7 yards.

Play action baby!!! Wilson will be a great play action QB especially with his feet.

Wilson, Ball, White, Toon, and the always dominant UW OL = Hopefully lots of points.

I've seen this game before. Masoli sacked, Masoli scrambles around and runs for 30 seconds while gaining 3 yards, and on third down Masoli throws a bullet with an immaculate spiral right to the free safety. Either that or three consecutive passes batted down.

princefielder28
06-27-2011, 07:48 PM
I've seen this game before. Masoli sacked, Masoli scrambles around and runs for 30 seconds while gaining 3 yards, and on third down Masoli throws a bullet with an immaculate spiral right to the free safety. Either that or three consecutive passes batted down.

Wilson is a far more proven quarterback than Masoli was heading to Ole Miss and Ole Miss didn't have the offensive line and/or running attack that the Badgers possess

situations are not similar at all

gpngc
06-27-2011, 07:56 PM
on espn they were talking about the badgers as national championship contenders

I think they are. Their schedule isn't that difficult...