PDA

View Full Version : Darnell Bing

wallen642
07-20-2007, 09:28 PM
I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about Darnell Bing in the last couple of months. I read somewhere that he was going to be moved back to Safety with the signing of Donovin Darius if there was thoughts of moving him back to LB.

SubNoize
07-20-2007, 09:33 PM
i don't think they're planning on moving him back, in fact i believe that they brought darius in to teach bing a thing or two about the position. I think after dd is gone bing will assume his role on running downs, and they eventually may cut ties with stu and run with bing at ss and huff at fs.

bills_red
07-20-2007, 09:49 PM
How much weight did he put on the play LB? And did he play Will or Sam?

SubNoize
07-20-2007, 09:53 PM
he added like 15-20 pounds and i believe he was playing at sam...

bills_red
07-20-2007, 09:57 PM
he added like 15-20 pounds and i believe he was playing at sam...

wow, I always like Bing hope he works out for you guys

Paranoidmoonduck
07-22-2007, 03:33 AM
How much weight did he put on the play LB? And did he play Will or Sam?

He was subbed at Will during the 2006 preseason, but he was placed on the IR before the seasons started, so I have no idea where he would have played since Howard was starting at Will.

He gained like 10 pounds (went from about 223 to 234 or so), but I don't think his legs could build enough mass to add much more bulk. He could have worked out at Will, but considering how much Rob Ryan likes to attack, I'm not sure he was ever going to be stout enough to fill gaps effectively. He'll probably see a ton of special team action this year (especially with Cooper likely due to be cut in the near future) and then will fill the role the Darius plays this year from 2008 and on.

raiderfan_89
07-24-2007, 12:45 AM
He was subbed at Will during the 2006 preseason, but he was placed on the IR before the seasons started, so I have no idea where he would have played since Howard was starting at Will.

He gained like 10 pounds (went from about 223 to 234 or so), but I don't think his legs could build enough mass to add much more bulk. He could have worked out at Will, but considering how much Rob Ryan likes to attack, I'm not sure he was ever going to be stout enough to fill gaps effectively. He'll probably see a ton of special team action this year (especially with Cooper likely due to be cut in the near future) and then will fill the role the Darius plays this year from 2008 and on.Can't wait to see him getting time at SS in the future.Until then we have a veteran who can definitely give him a few pointers. We can possibly have a USC-TEXAS tandem in the outfield.
:]

Yung Flippa
07-24-2007, 02:00 PM
Michael Huff & Darnell Bing In The Same Backfield Has A Load Of Potential, Espically With Bing Learning Under Daruis For A Couple Of Years.

soybean
07-25-2007, 05:07 PM
it says here that he was waived, does this mean they plan on resigning him to another contract or are they parting ways. because, if it's the latter, that really really sucks.

http://www.raiders.com/Team/Default.aspx?id=152

Yung Flippa
07-25-2007, 08:59 PM
I'm really surprised that Darnell Got waived, I Still think that he can be a soild player in this league. Whatever team goes to they will get a good player, hopefully, The Ravens, so we can have some more depth at the safety position.