PDA

View Full Version : A-Hole Athletes Thread

Donno
07-20-2007, 10:28 PM
List players you have personally met that were pricks to the fans. I cant think of any at the top of my head.

Canadian_kid16
07-20-2007, 10:30 PM
A-Rod??

Never met him, but I would have to go to jail if I did ;)

Donno
07-20-2007, 10:30 PM
A-Rod??

Never met him, but I would have to go to jail if I did ;)

Ya I heard hes a dick to people.

Ravens1991
07-20-2007, 10:31 PM
I have heard Barry Bonds was/is a big tool.

Philliez01
07-20-2007, 10:32 PM
Danica Patrick. Well I heard she is usually nice to fans, and I went to the Milwaukee Mile last year and I guess she had a bad day or something. Someone acknowledged her and she looked at the woman who said "can I have an autograph" and she stopped and turned the other way.

I don't like her, but I was so tempted to yell "OWNNNEDD".

SuperMcGee
07-20-2007, 10:33 PM
Drew Stafford. He was all "Mr. Important" at the Sabres prospect camp and avoided the kids/fans.

tEk
07-20-2007, 10:35 PM
I have heard Barry Bonds was/is a big tool.
my best friends dad decked barry in the minor leagues. true story.

Shane P. Hallam
07-20-2007, 10:52 PM
Casey Dick is a big...well, you know.

Donno
07-20-2007, 10:52 PM
my best friends dad decked barry in the minor leagues. true story.

I applaud him, great story.

bantx
07-20-2007, 10:56 PM
jimmy neutron is major butthole

KCJ58
07-20-2007, 11:19 PM
edit: never mind

Cashmoney
07-20-2007, 11:20 PM
i saw pacman at a movie theater once, and a guy came up and was like "oh pacman your awesome" and then tried to give him a five and pacman just walked away.

rainbeaukid2
07-20-2007, 11:21 PM
george seifert was a dick to me, he wasn't a player though

princefielder28
07-20-2007, 11:22 PM
Retired Packer Antonio Freeman

elway777
07-20-2007, 11:23 PM
http://www.trojanwire.com/football/images/JIMMYCLAUSEN.JPG

KCJ58
07-20-2007, 11:23 PM
Retired Packer Antonio Freeman

really he seems like a good guy what happened?

bantx
07-20-2007, 11:26 PM
http://www.trojanwire.com/football/images/JIMMYCLAUSEN.JPG

he looks like a dick

Cashmoney
07-20-2007, 11:27 PM
on a related note, albert haynesworth is actually pretty nice.

DaBears9654
07-20-2007, 11:28 PM
Other than brief contact with Bears players @ training camp a few times in the past, I can't say I've met players, but when Hugh Douglas drove Jim Miller into the ground in the '01 playoffs, separating Miller's shoulder in the process, I lost all respect for the thug.

KCJ58
07-20-2007, 11:29 PM
on a related note, albert haynesworth is actually pretty nice.

that fool that stomped on that other fool?

princefielder28
07-20-2007, 11:29 PM
really he seems like a good guy what happened?

As a guest on a television show he made his appearance and acted as if he had somewhere else to go when he was done so he left instead of hanging around and giving autographs like all the other players would. For those in Green Bay it was Monday Night Kickoff on WBAY.

skinzzfan25
07-20-2007, 11:33 PM
My friend went to an autograph signing, I forget where though. There were a whole bunch of former and current Redskins, and some HOF baseball and basketball players too. He said Marshall Faulk was a d-bag (no idea why he was there lmao). He seems real nice on TV, and like a quality guy.

Maybe just a bad day :P

elway777
07-20-2007, 11:35 PM
John Elway is not the best crowd pleaser either.

Cashmoney
07-20-2007, 11:39 PM

yea, he was my neighbor and we talked a few times.

Philliez01
07-20-2007, 11:59 PM
The "nice athletes" I met, who have been great are:

John LeClair
Sam Hornish Jr.
Justin Williams (hockey)
Mark Recchi
Jim Vandermeer
Cole Hamels (didn't meet him, the line was too long; but my friend says that he was a pretty good guy and shook hands with mostly everyone.)
Todd Pratt

Hawk
07-21-2007, 12:05 AM
John Rocker

fischbowl
07-21-2007, 12:08 AM
The "nice athletes" I met, who have been great are:

John LeClair
Sam Hornish Jr.
Justin Williams (hockey)
Mark Recchi
Jim Vandermeer
Cole Hamels (didn't meet him, the line was too long; but my friend says that he was a pretty good guy and shook hands with mostly everyone.)
Todd Pratt

Brian Moorman is the nicest guy ever. I actually held a conversation with him for about five minutes.

BrownsTown
07-21-2007, 12:09 AM
Brian Moorman is the nicest guy ever. I actually held a conversation with him for about five minutes.

I met Bernie Kosar once and he was a really nice guy.

M.O.T.H.
07-21-2007, 12:23 AM

Dont call Andre Gurode a fool.

M.O.T.H.
07-21-2007, 12:24 AM
Havent met him but, according to all the tabloids and such...Tony Parker is supposed to be a dick. Kind of surprising.

KCJ58
07-21-2007, 12:26 AM
Havent met him but, according to all the tabloids and such...Tony Parker is supposed to be a dick. Kind of surprising.

i would be a dick to if i had a hot wife that every1 stares at

JF4
07-21-2007, 12:29 AM
http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/sports/brew/img/mar04/bonds327.jpg

http://www.nndb.com/people/823/000047682/randy-johnson-1-sized.jpg

http://z.about.com/d/tvcomedies/1/0/t/0/-/-/randy_johnson.jpg

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/shared-blogs/palmbeach/swan/media/0743297350.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V63001410_.jpg

I can't say i've met any of these guys. I'm ony basing this of reputation and what i've seen and read about them.

M.O.T.H.
07-21-2007, 12:32 AM
As much as I like Randy Johnson yeah, he's a dick.

As for T.O. I figure, he wouldnt be that bad. He seems like a nice guy, he's just very, very cocky.

SuperMcGee
07-21-2007, 12:56 AM

Me too. Walking out of a Sabres game, we had a chat on the way to our cars. The fact that it was at a Sabres game/win and largely about the Sabres made it even cooler.
Lawyer Milloy was a really nice and funny guy. I met him the week he signed in Buffalo. Winfield is really cool but also quiet. That day ruled.

jayceheathman
07-21-2007, 01:00 AM
http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/sports/brew/img/mar04/bonds327.jpg

http://www.nndb.com/people/823/000047682/randy-johnson-1-sized.jpg

http://z.about.com/d/tvcomedies/1/0/t/0/-/-/randy_johnson.jpg

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/shared-blogs/palmbeach/swan/media/0743297350.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V63001410_.jpg

I can't say i've met any of these guys. I'm ony basing this of reputation and what i've seen and read about them.

Barry Bonds is a dick. When I was about 12-13 years old I went to an Astros vs Giants game and waited after the game for autographs. In the Astrodome the players had to walk through a public tunnel to get to the bus. There was a back way that only a few players knew about. Barry walked out and all that waited for him were mostly young kids like myself at the time. There were about 6-7 of us walking with him asking for autographs while he had a briefcase in one hand. One kid asked for an autograph and he said "No, if I signed for you I would have to sign for all of you. Besides I dont want to put down my briefcase." lol Another kid asked politely for an autograph and he said "Look, do you kids ever SHUT UP?"

Hines
07-21-2007, 01:06 AM
i heard from my baseball coach that ricky henderson was the biggest dick in the world

The Dynasty
07-21-2007, 01:15 AM
Ive never really had a problem with athletes on getting autographs everytime i went a training camp(Bills Training Camp in like 03 when Mcgahee was a Rookie) or something they came right up and signed after the practice. Ive only be denied once and it was by Chris Doleman but he was streching before the game soo i understand now i was only like 6 at the time.

Hines
07-21-2007, 01:21 AM
ichiro is an ass hole

every year at st he always grabs my ball or watever and then gives it abck to me and leaves

what a dick

Hines
07-21-2007, 01:22 AM
also vlad is too

gr

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
07-21-2007, 01:24 AM

So are all other French athletes.

http://slackertimes.files.wordpress.com/2006/08/rickybobby_alig.jpg

Paranoidmoonduck
07-21-2007, 02:08 AM
I've met Barry Bonds and I've seen countless interactions with fans, and I can safely say that, strictly in terms of how he treats fans, the guy is no asshole.

Honestly, I can't recall an athlete who was consistently bad towards fans. Ryan Leaf, but the fans weren't exactly easy on him. Bill Romanowski, but a huge chunk of that was Raider fans who had called him nasty names for a decade. Jeremy Shockey hit that kid with a cup of icewater when the Niners made that comeback in the playoffs however many years ago as well.

Honestly, if you mistreat the fans, either another player or someone higher up is going to tell you to stop.

jballa838
07-21-2007, 02:10 AM
ichiro is an ass hole

every year at st he always grabs my ball or watever and then gives it abck to me and leaves

what a dick
I am looking at an autographed baseball with griffey and randy johnson on it, along with buhner and edgar, so all mariners arent bad.

jbeans187
07-21-2007, 02:15 AM
My friend went to an autograph signing, I forget where though. There were a whole bunch of former and current Redskins, and some HOF baseball and basketball players too. He said Marshall Faulk was a d-bag (no idea why he was there lmao). He seems real nice on TV, and like a quality guy.

Maybe just a bad day :P

Marshall Faulk was one of the nicest athletes i have met. Also Steven Jackson, Orlando Pace, Scott Rolen Adam Timmerman, Tori Holt, Isaac Bruce, Mike Miller, Kyle Lowry, and Rudy *** were awesome. At a rams vs jets game a few years back some guy was yelling at Santanna Moss and i told him to shut up, Santanna came over and thanked me for watching his back, it was awesome. Also Lovie Smith is probabally one of the nicest people i have met.

As for a## holes...
Chris Pronger and Brett Hull were rediculous.

Aneas Williams used to work out on my high school's track, during the summer we did plyometrics on the track, so it seemed he was pissed we took up part of the track. Sometimes he would ignore people that tried to talk to him, other times he would come over and give us pointers. (I hold nothing against him bc everyone has bad days)

Paranoidmoonduck
07-21-2007, 02:23 AM
ichiro is an ass hole

what a dick

Hahahahahahahahaha. This just re-affirms that Ichiro is awesome.

soybean
07-21-2007, 03:27 AM
dicks:
Jordan Farmar
Amare Stoudemire
Sam Keller (not sure about this, either heard he was a dick or just dresses/looks like one)
Derek Jeter

VERY nice guys:
arron afflalo
shawn marion
matt leinart
reggie bush
Rudy Carpenter

EDIT: I either met or heard first hand stories of these guys.

Bigbadbob72
07-21-2007, 03:30 AM
Barry Bonds is for sure a DICK

When I was 5 ( 13 years ago) I got to go on the field before the game. All the players were really nice and talked to me. Then me and my 5 other friends saw Barry Bonds and yelled "Barry". He gave us the nastiest look ever and walked away. He was the only guy to do this. I have always hated Barry Bonds after that and I always will.(doesn't help I'm a die heart dodger fan)

soybean
07-21-2007, 03:32 AM
I remember hearing a story of a guy asking barry bonds for an autograph and he replied with "i don't GIVE autographs to white people."

BigDawg819
07-21-2007, 04:01 AM
Not a dick:

Kyle Boller

I've talked to him in 3 seperate training camps and the man is the epitomy of what an athlete should be. He's respectful, nice, decent, and believable. I've spoken with him for half and hour and he insisted on calling me Sir because I was older. People question why I support him but thats huge to me and even more reason why I love him.

WMD
07-21-2007, 04:39 AM
I've read stories about how Shaun Rogers is an ass.. But that's about it.

I never meet sports people.. only famous people I've met were wrestlers at Autograph signings a long time ago..

Legion of Doom weren't the nicest of folks.. They'd sign their picture and just slide it across the table to the person, didn't say anything.. I had to pick mine up off the ground because of their reckless autographed picture sliding!

Shawn Michaels seemed cool, I had to wait in a very long line to see him.. He was small..

I don't remember how Rick Steiner was.. Probably because I was so distraught that Scott Steiner wasn't there (it was originally supposed to be a Scott Steiner signing, but he no showed for some reason and Rick Steiner replaced him)

But yeah, that's it.. I'm never in the right place to meet Sports Players, I guess.

KILLERSANTA
07-21-2007, 09:33 AM
I heard Charles Haley is a super dick.......

keylime_5
07-21-2007, 10:17 AM
John Elway and Michael Jordan = A.Holes-R-Us

princefielder28
07-21-2007, 10:19 AM
One of the best is Brady Poppinga. He is a class act and he takes the time to get to know people and he is great. William Henderson is another athlete that is just a role model and should be mirrored by other athletes but unfortunately is not.

Bills2083
07-21-2007, 10:46 AM
Not a dick = Paul Gaustad

At an autograph signing after a practice, he stuck around until everyone that wanted his signature received one. It was about 20 degrees out too.

neko4
07-21-2007, 10:52 AM
Ive met Bruce Smith, he actually lives not too far away from me, he was an all right guy

cardsalltheway
07-21-2007, 11:15 AM

Co-Sign. I saw Michael Jordan once and you could take pictures "of him" but not "with him" :rolleyes:

Hines
07-21-2007, 11:17 AM
me and my friend are driving up to cardinal camp sometime next week when they report so i guess ill see who is an ahole or not

SubNoize
07-21-2007, 11:23 AM
me and my friend are driving up to cardinal camp sometime next week when they report so i guess ill see who is an ahole or not

Anquan Boldin is a very nice guy, pretty humble, when he used to come in to my store he never had like outlandish jewelery or anything like that on, he rolled thru in mj shorts and a white t. drives a mercedes, but it has no rims and no system from what i could tell.

Larry Fitzgerald is an a-hole all the way. he used to come in and not say a word like he was god. i never once tried to talk football with him, just asked about his phone service and everything and he acted like i was an incovience even though he was getting free phone and phone service. to top off his a-hole status this guy drives the most orange ass range rover with huge orange rims, he acts like he wants to lay low and then he rolls out with that??? avoid at all cost.

Hines
07-21-2007, 11:30 AM
Anquan Boldin is a very nice guy, pretty humble, when he used to come in to my store he never had like outlandish jewelery or anything like that on, he rolled thru in mj shorts and a white t. drives a mercedes, but it has no rims and no system from what i could tell.

Larry Fitzgerald is an a-hole all the way. he used to come in and not say a word like he was god. i never once tried to talk football with him, just asked about his phone service and everything and he acted like i was an incovience even though he was getting free phone and phone service. to top off his a-hole status this guy drives the most orange ass range rover with huge orange rims, he acts like he wants to lay low and then he rolls out with that??? avoid at all cost.

so your saying that boldin will most likely sign and take a pic or watever and fitz will just walk right by and not sign ne thing

49ersfan_87
07-21-2007, 11:35 AM

What was so bad about them? Personal experiences or just heard about it?

SubNoize
07-21-2007, 11:35 AM
so your saying that boldin will most likely sign and take a pic or watever and fitz will just walk right by and not sign ne thing

exactly, boldin actually brought in signed footballs one time for the hell of it, and then he took pictures with everyone in the store and he didn't even have to. also he liked to talk football and is very honest on how things are. hell of a guy, humble down to earth all the way. fitz probably wouldn't even noitce that anyone besides himself is there, and his dad is a jerk as well.

Hines
07-21-2007, 11:36 AM
exactly, boldin actually brought in signed footballs one time for the hell of it, and then he took pictures with everyone in the store and he didn't even have to. also he liked to talk football and is very honest on how things are. hell of a guy, humble down to earth all the way. fitz probably wouldn't even noitce that anyone besides himself is there, and his dad is a jerk as well.

well then boldin i will most def go after...along with rolle,edge,a wilson,leinart,ect...

idk i never thought fitz woud be a asshole though

Cashmoney
07-21-2007, 11:36 AM

thats a shame. fitz is one of my favorite players.

scottyboy
07-21-2007, 11:39 AM
"starbury" is an a-hole. when i was like 10, i went in the Nets locker room and met Keith Van Horn, George Mursuan(taller than me sitting down at the time lol freaking huge) Kerry Kittles and marbury. now granted it was the finale of the season, which was a painful season and it was a tough loss, but George, and Kittles both signed my program and Keith signed my jersey, but marbury was like "man screw the fans" and my aunt and her friend(his travel agents) persuaded him to "sign" it, it was a half- @$$ effort scribble.

the nicest people(from experience) are Gibril Wilson, Osi Umenyiora, the artist formally known as Will Peterson, Dwight Freeney, and ex-giants Derek Engler, Ron Stone and Jessie Armstead. Armstead was the bomb. for christmas in 2000, gave me an autographed football by all the players on the NFC championship Giants team.

therock6000
07-21-2007, 11:39 AM
Will Clark is a massive jerk.
Gale Sayers is one of the nicest people i've ever encountered.

SuperMcGee
07-21-2007, 11:54 AM
Not a dick = Paul Gaustad

At an autograph signing after a practice, he stuck around until everyone that wanted his signature received one. It was about 20 degrees out too.

Gaustad is awesome. So is Peters, he has the attitude of your everyday Buffalo sports fan, it's great, although I've only met these guys for a very short time.

soybean
07-21-2007, 11:56 AM

really?? i heard completely opposite. My friends were playing football on the ASU recreational field and larry fitzgerald was there tossing it around with some buddies. My friend approached him and asked if they wanted to play with my friends. Larry fitgerald looked at him with a big smile on his face and said "nah me we coo" My friend walked away and then finally realized who it was.

P.s. larry fitz can throw like a college quarterback.

M.O.T.H.
07-21-2007, 12:00 PM
All the guys i have met or have come into contact w/ have all been nice. Hulk Hogan was the man, I actually talked to him for about 10 minutes. I got my picture taken w/ him but, friend still hasnt given it to me...that was like 4 years ago.

Nicest player ever.....Brian Mccann.

neko4
07-21-2007, 12:01 PM
Also Darnerian McCants is a cool guy, at football camp one year he signed a bunch of cards and still took the time to sign autographs later on. Taylor Jacobs aint bad either. Art Monk is pretty cool too.

SubNoize
07-21-2007, 12:17 PM
really?? i heard completely opposite. My friends were playing football on the ASU recreational field and larry fitzgerald was there tossing it around with some buddies. My friend approached him and asked if they wanted to play with my friends. Larry fitgerald looked at him with a big smile on his face and said "nah me we coo" My friend walked away and then finally realized who it was.

P.s. larry fitz can throw like a college quarterback.

where is the nice part? a cool guy would of played, but of course he's jesus so he can't play with real people. i mean look at tcu's stroy where vilma played a pick up b-ball game with some random college guys, that's a cool guy. fitz just doesn't give any fans the time of day, he seems like he could be nice, but his dad makes comments and then larry instantly is shletered off and an ass. one time he was talking to me a little bit about his home in minnesota, and then his dad walked up said something in his ear and larry was an ass for the rest of the time and when he came in alone the next time he was the same way.

PalmerToCJ
07-21-2007, 12:18 PM
I would've though Roger Clemens would be an A-hole but when he was making his comeback this year he worked out in Lexington with the minor league affiliate and tons of people were saying he was a nice guy.

He went on one of the decks and just watched the game with a bunch of fans then some people met him in random stores and he was very approachable. Surprised me.

Cashmoney
07-21-2007, 12:21 PM
where is the nice part? a cool guy would of played, but of course he's jesus so he can't play with real people. i mean look at tcu's stroy where vilma played a pick up b-ball game with some random college guys, that's a cool guy. fitz just doesn't give any fans the time of day, he seems like he could be nice, but his dad makes comments and then larry instantly is shletered off and an ass. one time he was talking to me a little bit about his home in minnesota, and then his dad walked up said something in his ear and larry was an ass for the rest of the time and when he came in alone the next time he was the same way.

he probably didnt want to play a pick up game and end up tearing an acl, and i cant blame him. sounded like he was at least nice about the way he turned down the offer.

jballa838
07-21-2007, 12:24 PM
Mike Karney is a really nice guy, with autographs and pictures and stuff.

PalmerToCJ
07-21-2007, 12:28 PM
Chad Johnson is also extremely approachable (believe it or not lol). He'll hang out with/talk to anyone.

My friend bounces at a club and there was some Colts player that walked up to the front of the line and said "This should get me in" and showed his ring... He told him that wouldn't do him any good in Cincinnati lol, he couldn't figure out which player it was.

Twiddler
07-21-2007, 12:43 PM
Former Packers receiver Bill Schroeder is a pretty big dick apparently. Because my uncle was talking to a guy who worked for the Packers and he asked who he thought the biggest dick was and he said Schroeder without a doubt. I've also heard about Elway being one from another uncle.

Go_Eagles77
07-21-2007, 01:18 PM
Surprised this picture didn't make this thread

http://www.gambling911.com/Michael-Vick-Finger.jpg

Ravens1991
07-21-2007, 01:25 PM
Priest Holmes was a nice guy in Baltimore, so is Ed Reed.

Go_Eagles77
07-21-2007, 01:30 PM
For the eagles, David Akers is probably the best with fans, he has conversations and plays with kids, Dawkins is great too, at last year's TC, Dhani Jones was probably the least interested, people say at the signing booths he would sign autographs while eating wings, cleaning his fingers by licking them.

soybean
07-21-2007, 01:37 PM
kobe bryant is an approachable guy, but in a kind of "i know i'm better than you" sense.

V. Young
07-21-2007, 02:02 PM
Ray lewis, awesome guy. He really likes people, hes always trying to entertain people.

Barry Bonds: Biggest ****** I have ever met. I once asked for his autograph, he looked at me and said "Kid why dont you go back to your seat and watch me play...I said Barry when you break the home run record I wont be shocked cause anyone can do it with steroids. I only said that at the time because I was so bummed that he said that to me.

SubNoize
07-21-2007, 02:10 PM
Barry Bonds: Biggest ****** I have ever met. I once asked for his autograph, he looked at me and said "Kid why dont you go back to your seat and watch me play...I said Barry when you break the home run record I wont be shocked cause anyone can do it with steroids. I only said that at the time because I was so bummed that he said that to me.

When MJ played baseball for the Scottsdale Scorpions i had a similar experience. i asked if i could take a picture with him, not even like side by side, but just me leaning over the stands with him right next to me, and he said no because "if he took a pic with me he'd have to do with everybody" i was like 9 or 10 at the time and MJ was god to me, that day i hated the bulls and MJ forever and have been a suns fan since.

V. Young
07-21-2007, 02:51 PM
Yeah dude, that is stupid. What do they have to be so freakin ********?

Jensen
07-21-2007, 04:24 PM
I met Eric Byrnes and he was really nice.

I haven't been around any athletes that have been mean to fans yet.

skinzzfan25
07-21-2007, 04:27 PM
Ray lewis, awesome guy. He really likes people, hes always trying to entertain people.

Till he shanks you :D

Sike lol, I kid I kid.

familyguy555
07-21-2007, 04:54 PM
What would be the best thing to get signed at a training camp?

WMD
07-21-2007, 05:01 PM
Former Packers receiver Bill Schroeder is a pretty big dick apparently. Because my uncle was talking to a guy who worked for the Packers and he asked who he thought the biggest dick was and he said Schroeder without a doubt. I've also heard about Elway being one from another uncle.

Ugh.. I thought I'd never think of Bill Schroeder ever again.. I really do hate you for bringing him up.

V. Young
07-21-2007, 05:11 PM

Dude wrong topic bro.

The Dynasty
07-21-2007, 05:15 PM

Cant go wrong with a football, thats what i took and its filled up from 2 days at the bills training camp in 03 and a Buffalo Bills vs NFL All Star Flag Football thing in like '02 if anyone from buffalo remembers that.

familyguy555
07-21-2007, 05:18 PM
Dude wrong topic bro.

not really bro...

jayceheathman
07-21-2007, 05:36 PM
Tony Gwynn is a really nice guy. I remembered he had tons of kids around him asking for autographs and he said he would sign for everyone as long as they said their "Please and thank you's."

neko4
07-21-2007, 06:03 PM
Surprised this picture didn't make this thread

http://www.gambling911.com/Michael-Vick-Finger.jpg

But Jim Mora even said he was fustrated

princefielder28
07-21-2007, 06:20 PM
Tony Gwynn is a really nice guy. I remembered he had tons of kids around him asking for autographs and he said he would sign for everyone as long as they said their "Please and thank you's."

That doesn't suprrise me....he's a class act

Hines
07-21-2007, 06:39 PM

alot of ball players are like that though....trevor hoffman was like that cuz he would sign all the lil kids first..and then the older people but he wouldnt sign if there was pushing and i remember one time he stood out there like an hour after he was suppose to leave to sign autographs

i mean if i was a superstar athlete and some lil kids or people wanted my autograph i would sign and take pictures and all that

BufFan71
07-21-2007, 07:28 PM
Rey Mysterio Jr....

i was like "can i get a high five"

(i was like.....8)

and he just turned around and walked away.....
he was my idol..... :(

sdpads24
07-21-2007, 07:33 PM

I love Tony Gwynn. I used to get autographs from him all the time and would always talk baseball with him.

princefielder28
07-21-2007, 07:34 PM
Rey Mysterio Jr....

(i was like.....8)

you should've thrown something at him

sdpads24
07-21-2007, 07:36 PM
Rey Mysterio Jr....

(i was like.....8)

I had a friend who new him personally and he said he was a dick.

neko4
07-21-2007, 07:54 PM
alot of ball players are like that though....trevor hoffman was like that cuz he would sign all the lil kids first..and then the older people but he wouldnt sign if there was pushing and i remember one time he stood out there like an hour after he was suppose to leave to sign autographs

i mean if i was a superstar athlete and some lil kids or people wanted my autograph i would sign and take pictures and all that

Adalius Thomas is like that, but a bit more strict about it

BufFan71
07-21-2007, 07:57 PM
I had a friend who new him personally and he said he was a dick.

such a jerk...cant eve give an 8 year old a high five????

Man_Of_Steel
07-21-2007, 08:36 PM
Willis McGahee, my buddy was at last years training camp and said that Willis thought he walked on water and didnt acknowledge people.

neko4
07-21-2007, 09:19 PM
Ive heard Samkon Gado was a good guy

Twiddler
07-21-2007, 09:34 PM
Ugh.. I thought I'd never think of Bill Schroeder ever again.. I really do hate you for bringing him up.

Haha, sorry to all you Lions fans. But don't worry, he wasn't that amazing to us either. But he sure did suck a whole lot for Detroit. And you don't hate me, you're just jealous of my team, much like my jealousy of your sig.

BrownsTown
07-21-2007, 09:35 PM
Ive heard Samkon Gado was a good guy

I seriously can't imagine him being a "I'm the greatest kinda guy".

PoopSandwich
07-21-2007, 10:18 PM
Someone that most people would think is a dick is my favorite player (Kellen Winslow Jr.) but when I went to training camp the first day of 2006 (still unproven) he was signing and talking to the crowd interacting with people that had Miami stuff (I was 3 feet from him about to get autograph and the tone for the players to go in went off and he had to leave.) K2 even kept his composure with some idiots yelling stuff about how they are sodliers or ripping on him for the motorcycle incident.

Omar Vizquel and Kenny Lofton used to always sign before Indians games, Zydrunas Ilgauskus seems really nice.

People hate Braylon because he is from Michigan so I don't think he gets a fair chance around here no matter what anyone says.

I've heard Frye is really nice.

Oh, and the best one... Ted Washington barked at a 4 year old (like a dog not like he was yelling.) the kid cried and ran away but Ted went and gave the kid an autograph and talked to him :)

PoopSandwich
07-21-2007, 10:30 PM

Im bringing a Browns helmet and debating wheter or not to wear my Miami K2 Jersey (already signed but it will grab his attention to get the helmet signed.)

If not that, a football is really good to get autographed.

neko4
07-21-2007, 10:47 PM
Someone that most people would think is a dick is my favorite player (Kellen Winslow Jr.) but when I went to training camp the first day of 2006 (still unproven) he was signing and talking to the crowd interacting with people that had Miami stuff (I was 3 feet from him about to get autograph and the tone for the players to go in went off and he had to leave.) K2 even kept his composure with some idiots yelling stuff about how they are sodliers or ripping on him for the motorcycle incident.

Omar Vizquel and Kenny Lofton used to always sign before Indians games, Zydrunas Ilgauskus seems really nice.

People hate Braylon because he is from Michigan so I don't think he gets a fair chance around here no matter what anyone says.

I've heard Frye is really nice.

Oh, and the best one... Ted Washington barked at a 4 year old (like a dog not like he was yelling.) the kid cried and ran away but Ted went and gave the kid an autograph and talked to him :)

Why did he bark at the 4 year old, just playing with him and it got out of hand

themaninblack
07-21-2007, 11:01 PM
as previously stated, chad johnson is a great guy. so is rudi johnson, carson palmer, and david pollack. all of whom i have met.

tom browning is also pretty cool and so is rob dibble surprisingly.

kwilk103
07-22-2007, 09:06 AM
pedro, nomar signed, so did millar

the pittsburgh penguins are nice

ive heard ripken is nice

awfullyquiet
07-22-2007, 09:33 AM
i like kickers. they're rather nice.
nate kaeding has a funny shaped head.
i saw him in the airport once. robbie gould on the street. late last year.
oh, and patrick mannelly at a bar once.
my brother went to school with danica patrick and would agree that she's well. not very nice.
uh. tom waddle was a nice guy. oh.
and mike singletary. made my day. i was 15, and went to this reception at this hospital. and the samurai was there.
and i talked to him. and he talked football for five minutes with this little asian girl. and then signed me a football and i walked away. i don't even remember what we talked about.

PoopSandwich
07-22-2007, 11:52 AM
Why did he bark at the 4 year old, just playing with him and it got out of hand

He was just messing around and the kid got scared of big Ted lol.

Ted didn't mean any harm he went and talked with the kid I guess (it was a newspaper article I dont remember exactly what happened.)

Philliez01
07-22-2007, 12:48 PM
I heard a story from a friend about Phils reliever Geoff Geary. It was last season and he was having a catch with someone and a little kid kept yelling "Can I have the ball?", his parents were gone btw. Getting a beer, leaving their kids is just pathetic. Anyway, Geary just yelled "SHUT UP" and then he walked over to the kid, looked at him, and threw it a row above him. He got booed.

princefielder28
07-22-2007, 12:50 PM
I heard a story from a friend about Phils reliever Geoff Geary. It was last season and he was having a catch with someone and a little kid kept yelling "Can I have the ball?", his parents were gone btw. Getting a beer, leaving their kids is just pathetic. Anyway, Geary just yelled "SHUT UP" and then he walked over to the kid, looked at him, and threw it a row above him. He got booed.

The one Phladelphia fan that actually liked a player and they treated him like that

YAYareaRB
07-22-2007, 01:13 PM
I hear Ryan Leaf is a pretty good guy.. :)

sdpads24
07-22-2007, 01:14 PM
I hear Ryan Leaf is a pretty good guy.. :)

Oh ya. The way he is helping that division 2 college football team is wonderful.

PalmerToCJ
07-22-2007, 08:55 PM
Oh yeah and TJ Houshmandzadeh is a good guy as well, he used to live out by me and people would toss football with him all the time in his front yard... One time we drove by and yelled hi and he acknowledged us and smiled. He used to frequent a lot of things around here till he got his big deal LOL.

I still maintain that Chris Henry is a good guy, just a complete idiot. I've seen him at the mall and various restraunts and he'll always talk to fans/sign autographs. Once he had both arms full of bags from things he had bought and he dropped them to sign autographs for people in the middle of the mall. He's just laid back (the weed plays a role I suppose). My buddies have played basketball with him and said he was just like one of the guys.

ripdw27
07-22-2007, 09:35 PM
one time my mom was a waitress in denver i think before she had me anyway one time john elway came to her restaraunt and even sat in her section.. she says he was really nice n gave her a nice tip.. then my dad saw john elway at some racetrack or somn like that in denver like a horse race or idk somn like that n got his autograph

ive met lee evans after a badger game n he was pretty cool
ahman green just seems always happy to be around people

ATLDirtyBirds
07-22-2007, 09:43 PM
Ed Kranepool. He was at a local mall, signing autos for $$$ and he just signed gave to his assistant stand next to him, and that was it. No eye contact, no hand-shake, no friendly hello, no conversation, nothing.

roughrider30
07-23-2007, 12:54 AM
Drew Stafford. He was all "Mr. Important" at the Sabres prospect camp and avoided the kids/fans at all costs.

Thats kind of surprising, because he seemed like a nice guy around campus all the time, and i never really heard anything negative about him. Guess thats what a pro contract can do to you.

SuperMcGee
07-23-2007, 01:04 AM
Thats kind of surprising, because he seemed like a nice guy around campus all the time, and i never really heard anything negative about him. Guess thats what a pro contract can do to you.

It probably wasn't that bad, it was just fresh in my mind when I posted it, but he definitely did seem to have a big sense of importance.

Scar
07-23-2007, 08:31 AM
Some nice guys:
Anthony "A-Train" Thomas, the guy got a bit of a bad rep during his drawn out departure from Chicago, but I've met him, and he's one of the nicest, most approachable, and genuine guys I've ever met.

Matt Kenseth, I've got a friend who was his fuel man back when he was on the lower circuits. Down to earth good guy, never forgets where he came from and appreciates everyone who's ever helped him achieve what he has.

Brett Favre shares a birthday with my cousin, one year he met with my cousin (cousin was like 13 at the time), took pictures with him, signed stuff, even talked with him for like 10 minutes.

Finally, believe it or not, Tank Johnson is a really nice guy. He's just not very smart. We've got friends in common that in the past had a lot of contact with him for various reasons. Just an overgrown kid that tends to make bad decisions, but he's got a good heart.

Moses
07-23-2007, 08:37 AM
Living in Canada, I mostly know about hockey players, specifically Ottawa Senators.

Wade Redden, Jason Spezza, Ray Emery, and Brian McGrattan are all cokeheads. Redden is always strung out when he plays and an all-around idiot. There was an incident involving some combination of those players that involved a girl almost dying from drug overdose during the playoffs I believe.

TCU
07-23-2007, 08:40 AM
Has anyone said Brandon Merriweather because you can add him to the list.

drowe
07-23-2007, 09:52 AM
yeah, by all accounts, Antonio Freeman was a dick. my wife's mother had a run in with him, where he mistook her house for a player's house (who lived down the street). when she informed him that he was at the wrong house he acted all put off like it was her fault. then, his dog that had escaped from his car had run under the car...and freeman didn't realize and was gonna drive away until my mother in law yelled to him that his dog was under the car.

Don Majkowski is a funny story too. when he was playing, he was a huge dick. I worked on campus at the place where the Packers have TC. So, I saw 'em all around, i worked in their dorm rooms. I asked a guy that had worked their for a long time who the biggest douchebag was, and he said "Majkowski, no doubt." the dude, would leave his convertable out in the rain and then scream at the maintenence people to vaccum it out like it was their fault he was an idiot.
Funny thing is, now that he's a washed up has-been, he's nice to everybody....actually, he's annoying to everybody because he not only refers to himself in the third person, HE REFERS TO HIMSELF IN THE THIRD PERSON AS "THE MAJIK MAN."

Bills2083
07-23-2007, 09:54 AM
I once met Darryl Talley in an airport in Florida, and my mom went up to get an autograph from him (He was one of her favorite players). He signed her little book and then we left.

Nitschke-Hawk
07-23-2007, 11:25 AM
Living in Canada, I mostly know about hockey players, specifically Ottawa Senators.

Wade Redden, Jason Spezza, Ray Emery, and Brian McGrattan are all cokeheads. Redden is always strung out when he plays and an all-around idiot. There was an incident involving some combination of those players that involved a girl almost dying from drug overdose during the playoffs I believe.

Does the NHL even have a drug policy? The commish is an idiot I know that much.

Moses
07-23-2007, 11:27 AM
Does the NHL even have a drug policy? The commish is an idiot I know that much.

They do for performance-enhancing drugs I think but it's not a very effective system from what I've heard.

Ravens1991
07-23-2007, 11:48 AM

That guy sounds like the biggest jerk in the world.

PoopSandwich
07-23-2007, 12:04 PM
That guy sounds like the biggest jerk in the world.

I've caught so many baseballs that I would have either A.) Thrown it back (possibly at him but i dont want to get arrested so probably not.) or B.) Given it to the kid, but why would he want it if that guy was such a douche?

Jags#7
07-23-2007, 12:19 PM
Nate Newton is a decent guy....last year i went to football camp and he walked around and talked to everyone for the whole camp week...If u did anything rude, like wear a hat to the dining hall he would get pissed and make u do pushups though....but he was a really cool guy... i sat and ate lunch with him and a few other campers several times.

RexGrossmans-cheesecake
07-23-2007, 03:03 PM
My best friend lived down the from troy aikman, they said he was the biggest douche bag eva!

Moses
07-23-2007, 03:03 PM
My best friend lived down the from troy aikman, they said he was the biggest douche bag eva!

He was a bigtime jerk in practice/training camp from what I understand as well.

Philliez01
07-23-2007, 03:06 PM
I've caught so many baseballs that I would have either A.) Thrown it back (possibly at him but i dont want to get arrested so probably not.) or B.) Given it to the kid, but why would he want it if that guy was such a douche?

I'm unsure, this is just what a friend told me. But Geary didn't show any signs of "douchery" before this so I guess he just wanted a ball. When I've been to the Phils games, people ask for the ball constantly too. I would assume he may have been emulating as he was pretty young.

neko4
07-24-2007, 12:03 AM
joe namath is pretty cool, or thats what Suzy Colber told me

Cashmoney
07-24-2007, 12:10 AM
andy kelly, the former UT quarterback and AFL star is really nice, i rember him having a pretty good convo with me when i was younger. also i talked to jason white at titans training camp a couple of years ago and he was nice.

princefielder28
07-24-2007, 12:14 AM
Georgia Force Chris Greisen may be one of the best people I have ever had the chance to meet. He is a genuine person that cares for others and is a great teacher of the game of football. I've golfed with him when he played in Dallas as a backup to Clint Dolezel and he's stopped by my house when he's been back home in NE Wisconsin.

BrownsTown
07-24-2007, 12:28 AM
A site I used to go on, Bret Meyer the QB for Iowa State, was on there too. He seemed like a nice guy, he gave them an interview, he even tried to take part in a fantasy draft but didn't have the time.

neko4
07-24-2007, 12:34 AM
Georgia Force Chris Greisen may be one of the best people I have ever had the chance to meet. He is a genuine person that cares for others and is a great teacher of the game of football. I've golfed with him when he played in Dallas as a backup to Clint Dolezel and he's stopped by my house when he's been back home in NE Wisconsin.

Speaking of AFL, and since you live in Green Bay, do you meet any A2 guys on the Blizzard

A site I used to go on, Bret Meyer the QB for Iowa State, was on there too. He seemed like a nice guy, he gave them an interview, he even tried to take part in a fantasy draft but didn't have the time.

Would it happen to be the consensus draft site
They get interviews every now and then

BrownsTown
07-24-2007, 12:36 AM
No, it was a place called the two minute drill, it's pretty much dead now unfortunately.

drowe
07-24-2007, 08:13 AM

hah, i went to high school with him and his brother nick (lb for jax). never really met chris, but, by all accounts he was a good guy. married the math teacher's daughter. but, nick was a huge prick.

princefielder28
07-24-2007, 08:27 AM
hah, i went to high school with him and his brother nick (lb for jax). never really met chris, but, by all accounts he was a good guy. married the math teacher's daughter. but, nick was a huge prick.

yeah he told my family the story about how he met his wife....kinda funny

princefielder28
07-24-2007, 08:28 AM
Speaking of AFL, and since you live in Green Bay, do you meet any A2 guys on the Blizzard

Would it happen to be the consensus draft site
They get interviews every now and then

I don't meet players from the Blizzard. I don't take much interest in A2.

Hines
07-24-2007, 12:43 PM
gonzo and counsell were pretty good guys since gonzo always had a show for the kids on sunday home ball games...one time when me and my mom went to a game on mother day(the pirates came down and beat the **** outta the dbacks) i got to go in and since i was the only pirate fan in there(i was wearing my hines ward jersey) i got a lot of crap but it was all fun and games and they were laughing and joking with me

etk
07-24-2007, 02:03 PM

QFT. Coolest punter ever, I met him like 5 years ago.