PDA

View Full Version : College Football Live

iowatreat54
07-23-2007, 11:24 AM
College Football Live premiers today at 2:30 central/3:30 eastern on ESPN

anybody excited? It's the "official" start to the college football season according to ESPN

Personally, I hope it's very similar to the way they presented Gameday

reigle9
07-23-2007, 11:56 AM
College Football Live premiers today at 2:30 central/3:30 eastern on ESPN

anybody excited? It's the "official" start to the college football season according to ESPN

Personally, I hope it's very similar to the way they presented Gameday
Who is going to be preseason #1? Whoever it is, it will be a lovefest of them with an ND bj or two thrown in.

iowatreat54
07-23-2007, 12:02 PM
USC has to be #1 IMO

so we can look forward to a lot of talk about the ND-USC game

V. Young
07-23-2007, 12:03 PM
Looks they have the preseason rankings out on espn.com Usc indeed is number one.

Philliez01
07-23-2007, 12:31 PM
Yes! Ray Rice is in the studio today. So I basically think they'll look back at 2007 and then talk about USC, ND and Rutgers.

I will watch this though, I can't wait for College Football.

jbeans187
07-23-2007, 12:54 PM
Pete Carrol and Les Miles will be on today

BigJohn98
07-23-2007, 01:15 PM
Mark May has been waiting for this moment for a long time. Now he gets to ride USC's nutsack again, just like he did in 05.

mil_brew_fan
07-23-2007, 02:20 PM
I think Florida should be the number one team in the nation. Replacing Leak with a more versatile quarterback, the Gators should repeat.

http://www.schemedesigners.com/images/Duke-GatorLogo.jpg

BigJohn98
07-23-2007, 02:33 PM
I think Florida should be the number one team in the nation. Replacing Leak with a more versatile quarterback, the Gators should repeat.

They lost their entire defense. No way should they be #1. .

jbeans187
07-23-2007, 02:35 PM

I hope you are being sarcastic, they lost a lot of defensive starters. The SEC is too tough to have an unexperienced defense

VY10
07-23-2007, 02:36 PM
The season will be here soon. I can't wait.

iowatreat54
07-23-2007, 02:42 PM
I am actually pissed that NCAA 08 has come out and college football live debuted...I want the season to start this weekend, I can't wait 2 more months

I just got home from work...did I miss anything in the first 5 mins? lol

princefielder28
07-23-2007, 02:48 PM
The only problem I'll have with this show will be the fact that they'll on be on USC for National Champs and it'll get old quick

jbeans187
07-23-2007, 02:52 PM
The only problem I'll have with this show will be the fact that they'll on be on USC for National Champs and it'll get old quick

They will, but they are the top team in the nation

iowatreat54
07-23-2007, 02:53 PM

yea but they get on one team early every year, after like a week it's pretty easy to ignore...but since the show is starting so early you may be right

Lee made a really good point about Ray Rice...if he has a really good year again and Rutgers does really well again, he can lock up the East as far as voting for the Heisman goes pretty much...

HoopsDemon12
07-23-2007, 02:56 PM
College Football Is Back=)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

jbeans187
07-23-2007, 02:56 PM
yea but they get on one team early every year, after like a week it's pretty easy to ignore...but since the show is starting so early you may be right

Lee made a really good point about Ray Rice...if he has a really good year again and Rutgers does really well again, he can lock up the East as far as voting for the Heisman goes pretty much...

If WVU goes undefeated through the big east slaton or white will snatch up some of those votes

TigerBait45
07-23-2007, 03:24 PM
Its too bad they don't have a good enough defense to go undefeated. Someone's bound to outscore them.

Anyway, ESPN shows like this are usually full of popular team bias so that fans of said teams will watch (Notre Dame, for example).

iowatreat54
07-23-2007, 03:26 PM
If WVU goes undefeated through the big east slaton or white will snatch up some of those votes

Right, I just meant that if Rutgers has that good year, not WVU, that Rice would be in the driver's seat easily...I want WVU to run the table because I love Slaton and White, but they would be then competing with eachother for votes, which could hurt them in the end...

Turtlepower
07-23-2007, 05:04 PM
I really like Rice as a running back and I think that he will have a good year, but not nearly as good as last year. Brian Leonard was the heart and soul of Rutgers and he will be sorely missed. Rice will now have to carry the load of the offense on his own shoulders and not have the nice combo that Rutgers was able to utilize with Leonard and Rice.

Brent
07-23-2007, 05:33 PM
Instead of watching it, I did something far more productive: slept.

neko4
07-23-2007, 05:33 PM
I think Rutgers will be in 3rd place in the big east this year and barely be top 25, but 2008 theyre gonna dominate the big east if Rice stays

princefielder28
07-23-2007, 05:39 PM
I think Rutgers will be in 3rd place in the big east this year and barely be top 25, but 2008 theyre gonna dominate the big east if Rice stays

I think they can contend for 2nd place with Louisville but nobody in that conference will touch West Virginia.

Turtlepower
07-23-2007, 05:53 PM
As much as I like the personnel on Louisville, it is really hard for college players to do well under a first-year head coach learning a new scheme. I still see Louisville having a good season, but they will be behind WVU, Rutgers, and possibly the darkhorse South Florida.

TigerBait45
07-23-2007, 07:39 PM
I honestly wouldn't be shocked if South Florida won the Big East. They've got one hell of a defense.

I'm not as high on WVU as a lot of people, either. Sure they can run the ball better than just about anyone, but can they stop a good offense? My gut says no, they can't.

keylime_5
07-23-2007, 09:21 PM
Not really that excited. Gameday is more than enough. It's not like a care a bit at all about any other teams anyways. Only one college team intrigues me, if they have a show about them I might watch. CFB for me is nothing like the NFL where all the teams are interesting.

brat316
07-23-2007, 10:24 PM
Im thinking about following college ball more, i consider myself a casual fan, have a few teams i like and know some names. Unlike the NFL where im a devoted fan and NFL live is the best show on ESPN. around the horn and 1st ten when Woody and Skip where on it togethere was good, still is but not as good as before.

Yeah the only team i like is the U, i go to Temple, but they have won 1 game in like 2 years.

keylime_5
07-23-2007, 11:01 PM
Skip Bayless is probably the biggest tool in the world. By far the worst person on ESPN. I think PTI is the best thing they've got. Baseball Tonight used to be great when they had Gammons and Harold Reynolds, etc., but it sucks bad now that they don't even say one insightful thing the whole show. Hopefully CFB live can be as good as NFL live, PTI, and Around the Horn.

brat316
07-24-2007, 12:11 AM
PTI is good hopefully they do make CBF good, what time does it come on

princefielder28
07-24-2007, 12:17 AM
PTI is good hopefully they do make CBF good, what time does it come on

330 EST....

Sniper
07-24-2007, 12:19 AM
Intriguing from what I saw. Corso picked LSU as the top team in the country and Tim Tebow as the most important player. Uh, don't see either one (but I do think LSU is #2/#3).

princefielder28
07-24-2007, 12:21 AM
Intriguing from what I saw. Corso picked LSU as the top team in the country and Tim Tebow as the most important player. Uh, don't see either one (but I do think LSU is #2/#3).

Who do you think fits both catergories????

brat316
07-24-2007, 12:22 AM
I think #1 is WV well atleast on the O side, LSU is pretty good #2, so where would that put the Longhorn, Michigan, and USC all of exceptional Qbs, and teams.

Sniper
07-24-2007, 12:25 AM
Who do you think fits both catergories????

I like USC as the #1 team (me and everybody else). For most important player, a lot of players fit the bill. Obviously I'm biased and one of the guys would be Mike Hart. He makes Michigan go, but then again he's got a lot around him.

Ray Rice from Rutgers would definitely be high up there. As most important to his team I think him, Colt Brennan and maybe Brian Brohm could make cases, thouh the backup at UL is good too. What do you think?

Sniper
07-24-2007, 12:26 AM
I think #1 is WV well atleast on the O side, LSU is pretty good #2, so where would that put the Longhorn, Michigan, and USC all of exceptional Qbs, and teams.

On O I still like USC. They're unproven, yes, but there's a ton of talent there. I really hate putting WVU at #1 because their defense is a joke.

My top 5

1. USC
2. LSU
3. Michigan
4. Texas
5. WVU

brat316
07-24-2007, 12:28 AM
I think most important is Patrick White or Steve Slaton.

Sniper
07-24-2007, 12:30 AM
I think most important is Patrick White or Steve Slaton.

Why do you say that?

brat316
07-24-2007, 12:33 AM
Both of those guys are their Offense, i dont think they could do good with out White. Even though their D is a joke. Colt B. now that i think about is more important for Hawaii, without him Hawaii has no chance, but they play no really good teams.

Sniper
07-24-2007, 01:01 AM
Both of those guys are their Offense, i dont think they could do good with out White. Even though their D is a joke. Colt B. now that i think about is more important for Hawaii, without him Hawaii has no chance, but they play no really good teams.

I think they would do just fine without White. The system tailors to his strengths and covers up the fact that he's a very mediocre passer. They have a lot of depth at QB. They also have a lot of depth at RB. But hey that's your opinion it's cool.

brat316
07-24-2007, 01:28 AM
nah i dont know jack shitzz about CF, im trying to find out more, not a big fan but im trying to get more into it

kwilk103
07-24-2007, 02:05 AM
I think they would do just fine without White. The system tailors to his strengths and covers up the fact that he's a very mediocre passer. They have a lot of depth at QB. They also have a lot of depth at RB. But hey that's your opinion it's cool.

wvu fan, and yes rodriguez does tailor the offense to his qb; when white was injured we threw more (rugters game); we have a decent backup qb in jarrett brown, and at rb we have devine; so i would say its neither of them (slaton/white)

neko4
07-24-2007, 02:15 AM
I think Texas could run the table, but I'll say USC
And Brennan as most important

constant cough
07-24-2007, 09:22 AM
Skip Bayless is probably the biggest tool in the world. By far the worst person on ESPN. I think PTI is the best thing they've got.

You can say that again.

Sniper
07-24-2007, 09:53 AM
wvu fan, and yes rodriguez does tailor the offense to his qb; when white was injured we threw more (rugters game); we have a decent backup qb in jarrett brown, and at rb we have devine; so i would say its neither of them (slaton/white)

Adam Bednarik can play too. He was a stud at one of our rival HS.

Sniper
07-24-2007, 09:54 AM
I think Texas could run the table, but I'll say USC
And Brennan as most important

I agree Texas can run the table, but I think USC has the most talent. For all the **** Les Miles said about USC's schedule, I think they ranked it the #2 schedule in the country on Live.

constant cough
07-24-2007, 10:17 AM
Sorry about the double post, can't figure out how to delete it.

constant cough
07-24-2007, 10:20 AM
I think they ranked it the #2 schedule in the country on Live.

I know that made me laugh. I don't know I'm just not seeing it. Maybe somebody can point out to me what's so tough about it. And please don't tell me Notre Dame and Nebraska.

Idaho
@ Nebraska
Washington State
@Washington
Stanford
Arizona
@ Notre Dame
@ Oregon
Oregon State
@ California
@ Arizona State
UCLA

Sniper
07-24-2007, 10:21 AM
I know that made me laugh.

Why? It's a pretty tough schedule. @ Nebraska, @ ND and @ Oregon in back to back weeks. I know ND isn't going to be great this year but rivalry games are always tough. Oregon State beat USC last year, @ Cal and home vs. UCLA are tough games too.

constant cough
07-24-2007, 10:27 AM
Why? It's a pretty tough schedule. @ Nebraska, @ ND and @ Oregon in back to back weeks.

That's not tough, Nebraska is improved but still no where near USC didn't the trojans drill them last year? Notre Dame is worse than the overrated team they had last year. And Oregon is another run of the mill Pac 10 team.

Hardly what I would consider the 2nd toughest schedule in the country. Are any of those 3 teams even ranked top 15?

ESPN lives to hype the trojans this is nothing new.

Sniper
07-24-2007, 10:30 AM
That's not tough, Nebraska is improved but still no where near USC didn't the trojans drill them last year? Notre Dame is worse than the overrated team they had last year. And Oregon is another run of the mill Pac 10 team.

Hardly what I would consider the 2nd toughest schedule in the country. Are any of those 3 teams even ranked top 15?

Nebraska may be in the 17-20 range I think. Cal will be very good, UCLA is good. Do I think it's the #2 schedule? No. The again, I never see how ND's SOS is ranked so high. But USC plays a good schedule.

Billingsley26
07-24-2007, 10:53 AM
I got my oney on Va Tech this year. If they can keep the ball moving and dont have to have Glennon throw alot, then they could be DOMINANT! I would say one of the best defenses in the Country, and a GREAT running game. Like I said I have all the faith in the defense and in Brandon Ore, but limit Sean Glennon to how many times he throws and they could be oney. Key the LSU game this year!!!! Gonna be sick!!!!

Turtlepower
07-24-2007, 12:41 PM

USC also dominated an Arkansas team that finished second in the SEC. And as much as people want to criticize Oregon, they did contend and beat (sort of) the Big 12 champion Oklahoma.

constant cough
07-24-2007, 12:53 PM
USC also dominated an Arkansas team that finished second in the SEC. And as much as people want to criticize Oregon, they did contend and beat (sort of) the Big 12 champion Oklahoma.

Dominated them the first game of the season when they were breaking in a new offensive and when McFadden had a broken toe.

Turtlepower
07-24-2007, 01:22 PM
Dominated them the first game of the season when they were breaking in a new offensive and when McFadden had a broken toe.

Except every SEC fan ripped the PAC-10 for Cal losing the first game of the season to Tennessee, so I don't see a problem in doing the same with Arkansas. =D

constant cough
07-24-2007, 02:34 PM
Arkansas 14, USC 50
Auburn 40, Washington State 14
LSU 45, Arizona 3
Tennessee 35, Cal 18

Turtlepower
07-24-2007, 02:42 PM
Arkansas 14, USC 50
Auburn 40, Washington State 14
LSU 45, Arizona 3
Tennessee 35, Cal 18

I'll agree with you that Auburn and LSU were much better than Arizona and WSU, but Arizona finished 6-6 and WSU below .500. All I'm saying is that if people are going to say that USC win against Arkansas was because of it being the first game of the year, the same has to be said for Tennessee and Cal.

504 to ATL
07-24-2007, 05:00 PM
Turtle all you did just now is prove that it is the Pac-1 nothing more, lol.

Turtlepower
07-24-2007, 05:11 PM
Turtle all you did just now is prove that it is the Pac-1 nothing more, lol.

Until Cal beats Tennessee this year and then it will be the Pac-2