PDA

View Full Version : LeCharles Bentley :I'm Good to Go"

Turtlepower
07-23-2007, 03:06 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2946356

CLEVELAND -- Browns center LeCharles Bentley was cleared by his surgeon to return to the playing field on Monday, another major step in his unexpected comeback from a career-threatening knee injury.

I think that this might be one of the best stories leading into the season. I mean, he almost had his leg chopped off. I really hope that he succeeds well with the browns and at least he doesn't have to carry the load of the o-line by himself with the browns recent acquisitions.

Moses
07-23-2007, 03:08 PM
Nice to hear. I just hope he's not rushing it and coming back too soon.

critesy
07-23-2007, 03:10 PM
yeah, last thing he needs is to rush into and.. well actually never play again.

PoopSandwich
07-23-2007, 03:19 PM
I heard if he doesn't tear his knee on the first play then he will tear it on the second...

I doubt he'd pass a physical though if that were true.

Geo
07-23-2007, 03:20 PM
Fantastic news. I'm rooting for Bentley big time, hopefully he returns to full football health and wins Comeback Player of the Year.

bsaza2358
07-23-2007, 03:40 PM
I hope he can return to the level that he was at before the injury and surgeries. He was a dominant player, and I wish him the best personally and professionally.

McBain
07-23-2007, 03:41 PM
i like bentley. I always drafted him as my center in madden fantasy drafts. Hope he does well.

Ward
07-23-2007, 03:42 PM
I get a bad feeling that this is going to be this year's Culpepper/Big Ben story. I wish him well and hope I'm wrong.

Pack_Attack_4
07-23-2007, 04:18 PM
This is good news to hear, Im really pulling for this guy to come back and be like the player he once was.

TheChampIsHere
07-23-2007, 04:43 PM
Glad to hear it, it would have been tragic if his career would have ended like that...lets just hope he can make a succesful comeback I would hate to see him reinjure it

diabsoule
07-23-2007, 04:43 PM
I'm pulling for this guy. I hope he is 100% and is not rushing anything.

Twiddler
07-23-2007, 04:52 PM
I get a bad feeling that this is going to be this year's Culpepper/Big Ben story. I wish him well and hope I'm wrong.

Me too, it seems pretty fast for how bad it was. But I'm hoping all goes well.

keylime_5
07-23-2007, 09:13 PM
Bentley's not a QB, and if he were to show the signs Culpepper and Big Ben showed early in the seasons of their injuries, then there is no way the coaches rush him in. It's not like they don't have a good player in at center and both guard spots as it is with Fraley, Steinbach, Tucker, and Seth McKinney all in the mix. But as it sounds I think Bentley will actually play this year and not have to go on the PUP list even. Great news for LeCharles, it would be a great boost to the lockeroom and team morale if he can make that improbable comback. Also, if LeCharles plays with anything close to the intensity and drive that he did before his injury then the Browns can have a great offensive line with awesome depth behind it. Obviously LCB won't be what he was, but there are more things than leg strength that made him a pro bowl center. I think he'll be a great player still after he comes back. Hopefully Cleveland's luck is changing.

SaintsMan
07-23-2007, 09:34 PM
Also, if LeCharles plays with anything close to the intensity and drive that he did before his injury then the Browns can have a great offensive line with awesome depth behind it.

Last time I saw LeCharles Bentley playing in football games, intensity and drive were nowhere to be found.

BrownsTown
07-23-2007, 09:41 PM
Last time I saw LeCharles Bentley playing in football games, intensity and drive were nowhere to be found.

Then, why did he work so hard to come back?

SaintsMan
07-23-2007, 09:52 PM
Then, why did he work so hard to come back?

I don't question his intensity, drive or even being a dominate player as a Brown. I do question why Bentley played below average for the Saints in 2005. I think it had more to do with not wanting to be a Saint more than his ability, I know he is a great player when he wants to be. I hope he returns to form for the Browns, you guys deserve it.

Dam8610
07-23-2007, 10:19 PM
Fantastic news. I'm rooting for Bentley big time, hopefully he returns to full football health and wins Comeback Player of the Year.

That would be one AMAZING year for a C.

neko4
07-23-2007, 10:22 PM
Im rooting for him, he's always been a favorite player of mine

BrownsTown
07-23-2007, 10:29 PM
I don't question his intensity, drive or even being a dominate player as a Brown. I do question why Bentley played below average for the Saints in 2005. I think it had more to do with not wanting to be a Saint more than his ability, I know he is a great player when he wants to be. I hope he returns to form for the Browns, you guys deserve it.

Ok, that's what I thought. He really wanted to play for Cleveland. I mean, the guy's getting paid either way, it's good to see him try and get back. If he can get back and become dominant, he could become a fan favorite.

CC.SD
07-23-2007, 11:57 PM
Cleveland has potentially a pretty sick line. 2 years down the line I bet they have a top 10 offense; Winslow, Braylon, Brady, good line. Plug in a running back who's not washed up and a decent number 2 receiver, you're good to go.

OzTitan
07-24-2007, 12:45 AM
That would be one AMAZING year for a C.

It would, but I think it's very possible - some years you see the league stretch on a "come back" player because the pool is thin to choose from. If 07 is like that and Bentley can come back as a regular good starting C, I could see it happening.

CC.SD
07-24-2007, 01:05 AM
It would, but I think it's very possible - some years you see the league stretch on a "come back" player because the pool is thin to choose from. If 07 is like that and Bentley can come back as a regular good starting C, I could see it happening.

Good point; as I recall in 2004 Drew Brees got it, and he wasn't coming back from anything. He just developed into a good quarterback in his 3rd year starting. It made no sense.

BrownsTown
07-24-2007, 01:58 AM
I hope he wins comeback player if he does good. I mean, the staph infection he had wasn't career threatening, it was LIFE threatening. And he comes back and in shorter time than anyone thought is back. True gamer. I'm getting a Bentley jersey man.

bsaza2358
07-24-2007, 08:33 AM
I remember 2 offseasons ago, there was a huge rumor that the Eagles had signed Bentley as a FA, and I was ECSTATIC. Either the reports were false, or Cleveland beat the offer. Either way, I wish him the best and hope he can earn the contract he was given. Kudos to the Browns for sticking with him and paying him as he rehabbed.

princefielder28
07-24-2007, 08:35 AM
With Thomas, Steinbach, and Bentley that line could be pretty solid this year

bsaza2358
07-24-2007, 08:41 AM
Thomas has to get into camp, and Bentley has to prove he's ready for the grind of the NFL season before you can say that. Right now, the Browns have the makings of an excellent line. However, they are a far cry from having anything "solid".

BrownsTown
07-24-2007, 10:03 AM
Thomas has to get into camp, and Bentley has to prove he's ready for the grind of the NFL season before you can say that. Right now, the Browns have the makings of an excellent line. However, they are a far cry from having anything "solid".

Well, the line isn't bad. They have Butler, Shaffer, and Tucker to fit into the spots on the right side which isn't too good, but Bentley when he come back, Steinbach and Thomas makes for a pretty damn good left side.

bsaza2358
07-24-2007, 10:23 AM
I like the Browns' line to protect their QB's and open holes for Jamal Lewis. I would like it a lot more if Thomas signed, and Bentley went through training camp in full health. I'm high on the Browns' offense to take a step forward, but there are question marks (rookie signings, Bentley, Jamal's overall ability, Kellen's health, viable #2 WR).