PDA

View Full Version : Watch this! A Colt Following...

D-Unit
07-23-2007, 03:28 PM
You wanna know wassup?! THIS IS WASSUP!!!

http://www.hawaiiathletics.com/Candidates/Brennan/colt-2007.html

http://www.hawaiiathletics.com/Candidates/Brennan/Images/2007-1-bg.jpg
http://www.hawaiiathletics.com/Candidates/Brennan/Images/2007-2-bg.jpg

Turtlepower
07-23-2007, 04:11 PM
I'm surprised the tagline wasn't:

"Colt Brennen, the greatest QB not apart of the continental United States."

D-Unit
07-23-2007, 04:13 PM
I'm surprised the tagline wasn't:

"Colt Brennen, the greatest QB not apart of the continental United States."
I guess ASU losing to Hawaii in the Hawaii Bowl still stings... Niiiiiiice! ;)

Turtlepower
07-23-2007, 04:52 PM
I guess ASU losing to Hawaii in the Hawaii Bowl still stings... Niiiiiiice! ;)

We had a lameduck coach, played four hours behind, played at a Hawaii homegame, and against a team with nothing to lose.

Then again, Hawaii was the better team, but had ASU had many disadvantages.

Bama37228
07-24-2007, 12:05 AM
On January 28, 2004, Brennan was arrested by campus police for entering a co-ed's room uninvited where he allegedly "exposed himself and fondled her".[1] Brennan was intoxicated at the time of the incident and eventually pleaded guilty to charges of burglary and trespassing, but a guilty verdict for unlawful sexual contact was vacated by the court for lack of evidence. After the incident, which was caught up in the middle of the time when CU was flooded with other accusations of sex crimes and revelations of wild recruiting parties involving Colorado football players, Brennan was almost immediately kicked off the team.[2]

princefielder28
07-24-2007, 12:07 AM
Colt will have a tough time grabbing the eastern attention due to his geographical location

neko4
07-24-2007, 12:27 AM
On January 28, 2004, Brennan was arrested by campus police for entering a co-ed's room uninvited where he allegedly "exposed himself and fondled her".[1] Brennan was intoxicated at the time of the incident and eventually pleaded guilty to charges of burglary and trespassing, but a guilty verdict for unlawful sexual contact was vacated by the court for lack of evidence. After the incident, which was caught up in the middle of the time when CU was flooded with other accusations of sex crimes and revelations of wild recruiting parties involving Colorado football players, Brennan was almost immediately kicked off the team.[2]
Muck Racker!
Peyton Manning dropped his pants infront of a trainer

D-Unit
07-24-2007, 01:12 PM
That's fair. How damaging will this be to his draft status?

HoopsDemon12
07-24-2007, 01:35 PM

i think it would have been bad a couple of years ago.. but he has really turned it around and stayed out of trouble since he began to play for the warriors... i think that will be taken into account aswell

D-Unit
07-24-2007, 02:24 PM
i think it would have been bad a couple of years ago.. but he has really turned it around and stayed out of trouble since he began to play for the warriors... i think that will be taken into account aswell
I also think that passing up the $$$ in the NFL and the lure to enter the draft goes to show how his character has matured. He has really grown into a man many locals here in Hawaii have grown to respect. I'm confident that once he gets to the NFL, the people of that city will respect him too as they get to know him.

schmiddog
07-24-2007, 05:17 PM
I don't think the character issues should even be a remote concern for NFL teams at this point. I also think his decision to stay was more motivated by the higher chance of him being the #1 QB in the draft when he does declare. Russell and Quinn were locks at the top of the 2007 QB rankings, and that probably was something Colt wasn't a big fan of.....he's got a much better chance this year of going higher

D-Unit
07-24-2007, 05:25 PM
I don't think the character issues should even be a remote concern for NFL teams at this point. I also think his decision to stay was more motivated by the higher chance of him being the #1 QB in the draft when he does declare. Russell and Quinn were locks at the top of the 2007 QB rankings, and that probably was something Colt wasn't a big fan of.....he's got a much better chance this year of going higher
It was his honest belief that he was going to be a very high pick (Top 15) had he declared. So in that sense, he felt he really was giving up a lot of money. He came back for his teammates, the school, and the fans of the state. It was not because he thought he could make more in '08.

schmiddog
07-24-2007, 07:33 PM
It was his honest belief that he was going to be a very high pick (Top 15) had he declared. So in that sense, he felt he really was giving up a lot of money. He came back for his teammates, the school, and the fans of the state. It was not because he thought he could make more in '08.

That's something I wasn't aware of, interesting. I still don't believe he had a legit shot at being that kind of pick though, and that his chances are better this year, so it works out for him anyway.

Green Bay Scat
07-25-2007, 12:18 PM
I think his chances could be worse this year, but anyway about the Colt drunk thing. Id like to met one person who if was completly ****** up drunk/high? and went to a chick that you KNEW would have sex with you, but it took u only to get drunk, your drunkin sex rage would make you stop. All im sayin is **** happens. Colts the man, the next John Beck lol, cause everyone says hes too old and small.

Bama37228
07-25-2007, 01:54 PM
I think his chances could be worse this year, but anyway about the Colt drunk thing. Id like to met one person who if was completly ****** up drunk/high? and went to a chick that you KNEW would have sex with you, but it took u only to get drunk, your drunkin sex rage would make you stop. All im sayin is **** happens. Colts the man, the next John Beck lol, cause everyone says hes too old and small.

Ummm I've been drunk plenty and never broke into someones room and fondled them and stole their stuff.

D-Unit
07-25-2007, 02:37 PM
Has anybody watched this? I'm interested in seeing other people's thoughts.

tEk
07-25-2007, 03:46 PM
I also think that passing up the $$$ in the NFL and the lure to enter the draft goes to show how his character has matured. He has really grown into a man many locals here in Hawaii have grown to respect. I'm confident that once he gets to the NFL, the people of that city will respect him too as they get to know him.i'm just curious. which island do you live on d-unit. i am jealous that you live in paradise and never have to leave.

on to the video.

colt is just an easy going guy and i never really get the chance to see him play. i like his throwing motion and the type of ball he throws. didn't look like he left players out to die always makes the smart throw.

PACKmanN
07-25-2007, 07:27 PM
is he still at 200? he needs to add more to his frame to be a first round pick and show he can play with that weight on.

D-Unit
07-25-2007, 07:37 PM
is he still at 200? he needs to add more to his frame to be a first round pick and show he can play with that weight on.
There are no official reports out that indicate his current weight. We do know that one of his main goals this offseason is to gain weight. I'll try to dig up some info.

KCJ58
07-25-2007, 07:41 PM
http://www.midweek.com/images/uploads/061110/curranevents.jpg=http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Loge/5958/HeismanTrophy.jpg

neko4
07-25-2007, 07:59 PM
So who wants to join NFLDC's Colt for Heisman Fan Club?

KCJ58
07-25-2007, 08:50 PM

im already in

scottyboy
07-25-2007, 09:01 PM

screw that, you already know who i thinks gonna win heisman!!! :D

although i do love Colt Brennan, he's just nasty.

KCJ58
07-25-2007, 09:02 PM
screw that, you already know who i thinks gonna win heisman!!! :D

although i do love Colt Brennan, he's just nasty.

Ray Rice in your dreams

scottyboy
07-25-2007, 09:04 PM
Ray Rice in your dreams

Rutgers fans have big dreams, last year we had a billboard in times square promoting our fullback for heisman. we also have made this website
http://seerayrun.com/ lol his official site

D-Unit
07-26-2007, 08:45 PM
Colt is currently at 205 pounds and his target weight is to get between 215-220 by the NFL Draft.

neko4
07-26-2007, 08:51 PM
Colt is currently at 205 pounds and his target weight is to get between 215-220 by the NFL Draft.

hopefully he can get by during the senior bowl

TorryHolt81
07-31-2007, 03:56 AM
Colt Brennan will be the 1st pick in the 2008 NFL Draft

Forzy
07-31-2007, 05:09 AM
Colt sigs! Very nice.

OSUGiants17
07-31-2007, 08:16 AM
Colt Brennan will be the 1st pick in the 2008 NFL Draft
that would be awsome

WarOnTheShore
07-31-2007, 05:01 PM

Not quite as damaging as his terrible throwing motion or his skinny, skinny frame.

D-Unit
07-31-2007, 07:48 PM
Not quite as damaging as his terrible throwing motion or his skinny, skinny frame.
You obviously have not caught up with the way the NFL eyes view throwing motion. They will look to correct it in prospects who don't throw well, but in prospects who do have control of where their ball ends up, they tend to not mess with it.

As far as his frame... He's only 10 pounds away from being fat and slow. His mobility is a big plus right now and I really am interested to see if he can maintain it as he gains weight. He's already gained 10 pounds from last season.

HoopsDemon12
07-31-2007, 08:19 PM
You obviously have not caught up with the way the NFL eyes view throwing motion. They will look to correct it in prospects who don't throw well, but in prospects who do have control of where their ball ends up, they tend to not mess with it.

As far as his frame... He's only 10 pounds away from being fat and slow. His mobility is a big plus right now and I really am interested to see if he can maintain it as he gains weight. He's already gained 10 pounds from last season.

exactly... i like to call it the Peja factor... Just like no one would have ever treid to fix peja's shot when he was drafted in the nba... if its working for him... why change that

WarOnTheShore
07-31-2007, 09:49 PM

You obviously are blinded by being a Hawaii fan. There's a reason almost no starting quarterbacks have a throwing motion like that.

And he better be bulking up considering the average weight for a starting quarterback in the NFL is about 225 pounds.

But hey, you keep sticking to the Colt Following, or whatever it's called. Timmy Chang has a heck of a career going for him.

draftguru151
07-31-2007, 09:56 PM
Rivers and Young are two recent first round QBs (top 4 picks) that have awkward throwing motions. Yes it's still a negative but that alone won't keep him from being a first rounder.

And comparing Chang to Brennan is ridiculous.

neko4
07-31-2007, 09:57 PM
You obviously are blinded by being a Hawaii fan. There's a reason almost no starting quarterbacks have a throwing motion like that.

And he better be bulking up considering the average weight for a starting quarterback in the NFL is about 225 pounds.

But hey, you keep sticking to the Colt Following, or whatever it's called. Timmy Chang has a heck of a career going for him.

Size: Colt
Speed: Colt
Arm: Colt
Timmy was a pretty accurte QB, but his arm isnt as strong as Colt's, he was only 6'1, and had average mobility. Timmy isnt anywhere close to as good as Colt is.

WarOnTheShore
07-31-2007, 10:04 PM
Rivers and Young are two recent first round QBs (top 4 picks) that have awkward throwing motions. Yes it's still a negative but that alone won't keep him from being a first rounder.

And comparing Chang to Brennan is ridiculous.

And after those two, who else? Nobody. And to compare anything Brennan can do to what Phillips or Young can do is as ridiculous as me comparing Chang to Brennan.

draftguru151
07-31-2007, 10:13 PM
And why is that? Because Brennan was a projected first round pick last year? You said there are almost no starting QBs like that, but in the last few years two players with similar throwing motions were drafted in the top 4 picks. I'm comparing Brennan and Rivers throwing motion, which are very similar, I never mentioned their talent.

I don't recall a prospect dropping drastically because of their throwing motion. Which ones did since it seems to be such a negative that it would hurt Brennan that much.

The only thing Brennan and Chang have in common is their school, and you are acting like their the same player, Rivers and Brennan have the same throwing motion, and I compared their throwing motion, see how this isn't the same?

WarOnTheShore
07-31-2007, 10:16 PM
No, you're trying too hard. Brennan and Chang have the exact same playbook in common. I'm not saying it's a school thing, I'm saying it's a playbook thing. See how they aren't the same?

draftguru151
07-31-2007, 10:19 PM
So because they run the same offense Brennan obviously is going to have the same type of pro career as Chang? Fantastic logic.

WarOnTheShore
07-31-2007, 10:24 PM
It's the offense, it's his throwing motion, it's that he's skinny, it's that his arm is just average, it's the off field stuff.

Please tell me then, oh mighty Draft Guru (!), what is so great about the mighty Colt Brennan, because I sure don't see it.

draftguru151
07-31-2007, 10:30 PM
Brennan's accuracy is very good, his release, even though it is awkward is very quick. He's an extremely smart player and even though he plays in an offense that puts up big numbers his TD/INT ratio is phenomenal. Throwing the ball that many times and having that few of interceptions is impressive. Look at Chang's records other than career TDs, he also has the record for career interceptions. Brennan also has above average mobility and knows how to run the ball which is more important than pure speed for a QB. While he doesn't have a rifle he still puts very good zip on short passes. He definitely has his weaknesses, and isn't a fit for every offense, but the knocks you are using against him (playbook, release) are either ridiculous or not enough to make him anywhere near as bad of a prospect as you are making him seem.

Also when you're losing an argument and can't thing of valid points mocking someone's name isn't very mature, and if you do it again you will receive an infraction for trolling.

WarOnTheShore
07-31-2007, 10:55 PM
I'll give you the touchdown-to-interception ratio, that was impressive, I just don’t see how well his skillset is going to translate to the NFL. Sorry I disagree, but I am allowed to an opinion (I think?) and because it differs from you that doesn’t mean I’m losing an argument (not that I’m keeping score or could care).

I just don’t see how well he translates to the NFL. His throwing motion is odd, he needs to learn how to play under center, his deep ball accuracy is a little questionable as is how well he goes through his progressions. I’ll give you the mobility and his pocket presence is good but, to me, his negatives outweigh the positives. But I guess that makes me wrong. Or whatever.

Vikes99ej
07-31-2007, 11:07 PM
Didn't Brees play in a pass-first offense at Purdue?

draftguru151
07-31-2007, 11:39 PM
I'll give you the touchdown-to-interception ratio, that was impressive, I just donít see how well his skillset is going to translate to the NFL. Sorry I disagree, but I am allowed to an opinion (I think?) and because it differs from you that doesnít mean Iím losing an argument (not that Iím keeping score or could care).

I just donít see how well he translates to the NFL. His throwing motion is odd, he needs to learn how to play under center, his deep ball accuracy is a little questionable as is how well he goes through his progressions. Iíll give you the mobility and his pocket presence is good but, to me, his negatives outweigh the positives. But I guess that makes me wrong. Or whatever.

I'm not saying he's a guaranteed stud or even a first round lock at this point, but the points you brought up before (the throwing motion and playbook) are not valid enough reasons to compare his future to Timmy Chang's. Like I said before, his release is a concern but he is accurate and the release is quick enough that it won't get messed with in the NFL (most likely). He certainly won't fit in well into a offense that bombs it 20 times a game, but in a west coast style offense or one that prefers accuracy instead of arm strength he will be a very good fit. He's reminds me a lot of John Beck last year.

Also for future reference most of the time when you mock/insult someone it makes your argument much less valid.

TACKLE
07-31-2007, 11:51 PM
It's the offense, it's his throwing motion, it's that he's skinny, it's that his arm is just average, it's the off field stuff.

Please tell me then, oh mighty Draft Guru (!), what is so great about the mighty Colt Brennan, because I sure don't see it.

C'mon, Stop going all Merrill Hodge on Colt .

D-Unit
08-01-2007, 02:49 AM
And after those two, who else? Nobody. And to compare anything Brennan can do to what Phillips or Young can do is as ridiculous as me comparing Chang to Brennan.
David Carr's throwing motion is also unconventional and he was the first pick of the draft coming out of the WAC. I really don't know where you're going with this argument. I already stated the truth about how it is looked upon. Maybe you're a big fan of Ryan Leaf and his throwing motion... I dunno.

Green Bay Scat
08-01-2007, 04:38 AM
I said it a while ago, but it still stand, colt is pretty small and looks like doyle(or whatever) from bio dome

I saw Colt Brennan on Thursday, and i have to say, he looks no more than 185lbs. not only that i think hes about 6'2. But the best part is that he looks like Stephen Baldwin from Bio Dome, but had a dirty beard too.

edit - he was waring a baggy shirt, and i didnt stand next to him. I didnt even know it was him till i already left, i mean, he looked nothing like his picture, i mean he was grubby and had weird dredlock type hair, like a short Doyle version of it. Its funny, i wish i couldve seen powdrell. Well least i partied with him when he had his boot on. Powdrell is a cool man, and he seems shorter than 5'11" but hes thick, also a very nice guy, real cool. Now only if Rabb would come over. I hope he makes the Cowboys Roster

Watchman
08-01-2007, 12:21 PM

Nothing like a stupid drunk, probably worse than being an angry drunk. Everyone likes the happy drunk, and while they can be a downer the sad drunk never really gets himself or you into trouble.

D-Unit
08-04-2007, 04:24 PM
Anyone watch this yet? Nobody has responded to the videos.

kalbears13
08-05-2007, 03:24 AM
lol...I went to this guy's elementary school...