PDA

View Full Version : JP Wilson

Billingsley26
07-24-2007, 10:41 AM
Im a fan of the Crimson Tide, and I think that JP Wilson could have a pretty good season this year. Hes got DJ Hall back, Keith Brown and possibly Tyrone Prothro, not to mention that hes got Nick Saban on the bench. Hes got pretty good weapons. The only thing lacking may be a run game, as losing Ken Darby hurts. I really think he is a good pro-prospect, and I want to know where he stands. I dont think hes that high on many peoples boards, but I think he could be a heck of a sleeper. What do you think?

constant cough
07-24-2007, 10:52 AM
He impressed me last year he looked really sharp against LSU's defense. I think he's a good sleeper pick as well. Though I don't know how Saban being on the bench helps him since Saban is known as a defensive coach.

I'm just glad your not saying he could be the #1 overall pick like the Tim Tebow and Eric Ainge homers are.

Billingsley26
07-24-2007, 10:54 AM
He impressed me last year he looked really sharp against LSU's defense. I think he's a good sleeper pick as well. Though I don't know how Saban being on the bench helps him since Saban is known as a defensive coach.

Im just saying tho, Saban is Saban and he seems to make things work. Maybe I should've referred to this staff more than him.

constant cough
07-24-2007, 10:58 AM
2006 (Sophomore): Started all 13 games for the Tide at quarterback. Finished the season with a passing efficiency of 126.51, completing 216-of-379 passes for 2,707 yards, 17 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. He threw for over 200 yards in the first seven games of the season setting a new school record and finished with nine 200-yard games. Wilson also recorded 82 carries for 83 yards. Set school records for passing yards, pass attempts, touchdown passes and pass completions in a season.

Sniper
07-24-2007, 10:59 AM
Im a fan of the Crimson Tide, and I think that JP Wilson could have a pretty good season this year. Hes got DJ Hall back, Keith Brown and possibly Tyrone Prothro, not to mention that hes got Nick Saban on the bench. Hes got pretty good weapons. The only thing lacking may be a run game, as losing Ken Darby hurts. I really think he is a good pro-prospect, and I want to know where he stands. I dont think hes that high on many peoples boards, but I think he could be a heck of a sleeper. What do you think?

I thought Prothro would never play again. Maybe I'm wrong.

princefielder28
07-24-2007, 12:01 PM
2006 (Sophomore): Started all 13 games for the Tide at quarterback. Finished the season with a passing efficiency of 126.51, completing 216-of-379 passes for 2,707 yards, 17 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. He threw for over 200 yards in the first seven games of the season setting a new school record and finished with nine 200-yard games. Wilson also recorded 82 carries for 83 yards. Set school records for passing yards, pass attempts, touchdown passes and pass completions in a season.

As a sophomore in the SEC that is quite impressive

etk
07-24-2007, 01:58 PM
I think Ross sucks, that's what I think...

Billingsley26
07-24-2007, 02:22 PM
I think Ross sucks, that's what I think...

Ya well you guys wont win the championships this year. lol, just kidding, good luck there.

Seriously, I have a feeling he may be the cream of the crop in the SEC this year. I just think that. I feel that even with or without Prothro, he still has Hall and Brown and enough weapons on offense.

constant cough
07-24-2007, 02:36 PM
Seriously, I have a feeling he may be the cream of the crop in the SEC this year.

I think Andre Woodson might have something to say about that.

Sniper
07-24-2007, 02:56 PM
I think Andre Woodson might have something to say about that.

I was just gonna say Andre Woodson says hello. Brandon Coz, Tim Tebow, Matt Flynn all play in the SEC too last I checked.

MNRunLeft
07-24-2007, 03:04 PM
Tebow is going to have to prove to me that he can effectively and consitantly throw the ball down the field before I consider him one of the better QB's in the SEC. As of now he's been more of a RB.

etk
07-24-2007, 03:12 PM
I was just gonna say Andre Woodson says hello. Brandon Coz, Tim Tebow, Matt Flynn all play in the SEC too last I checked.

Erik Ainge, Ryan Perrilloux & Blake Mitchell also say Hi.

Sniper
07-24-2007, 03:43 PM

Sorry I forgot those guys. I was just going off the top of my head.

Billingsley26
07-24-2007, 04:13 PM
Ya I understand where you guys are coming from. But Im just basing this off of his stats last year, and this was a sophmore playing in the SEC and doing what he did which was pretty good. Then to see guys like Tebow and Flynn come in who havent had the experience that Wilson has. I think it will be a good SEC, as usual, and I think that JP Wilson will bring Alabama back to the top. I dont think Auburn has it to beat Bama this year, although those games are always good. Gonna be good.

BamaFalcon59
07-24-2007, 05:57 PM
I'd have him third best QB in the conference this year, behind Ainge and Woodson.

HoopsDemon12
07-24-2007, 06:08 PM
I thought Prothro would never play again. Maybe I'm wrong.

there is a strong chance he wont... but who knows.. anyhting is possible

Bama37228
07-25-2007, 01:20 AM

a fan of kyle wright can't bash anyone at QB

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
07-25-2007, 04:10 AM
Matt Stafford say hi too.

etk
07-25-2007, 04:39 AM
a fan of kyle wright can't bash anyone at QB

Bash who? I'm not a fan of Kyle Wright...

TitanHope
07-25-2007, 01:39 PM
Andre Woodson, Erik Ainge, and John Parker Wilson are the top returning QB's, in that order, going off of statistics from last year. Matthew Stafford and Tim Tebow are very good prospects, but they have one year or limited experience. So he's easily Top 5 in the SEC.

etk
07-25-2007, 02:36 PM
Andre Woodson, Erik Ainge, and John Parker Wilson are the top returning QB's, in that order, going off of statistics from last year. Matthew Stafford and Tim Tebow are very good prospects, but they have one year or limited experience. So he's easily Top 5 in the SEC.

Talent-wise, I don't think so, but the SEC is loaded with QBs.

etk
09-16-2007, 10:14 AM
I like what I saw from him last night. He did throw a couple of picks and a ton of
incompletions but he constantly had pressure in his face as Arkansas blitzed him all game. He got rid of the ball quickly, making quick impressive reads. He was able to deliver his passes with touch and with zip and he looked good doing both. An underrated aspect of quarterbacking is being able to deal with pressure and make quick reads, which he did very well, especially in the 2 minute drill. His biggest weakness right now is his technique and footwork, as he looks uncomfortable throwing on the run and short-arms some passes sometimes. This can be fixed at the next level so I think he has a high ceiling, especially considering he's only a Junior. He could develop into a nice WCO QB.

Billingsley26
09-16-2007, 11:13 AM
I like what I saw from him last night. He did throw a couple of picks and a ton of
incompletions but he constantly had pressure in his face as Arkansas blitzed him all game. He got rid of the ball quickly, making quick impressive reads. He was able to deliver his passes with touch and with zip and he looked good doing both. An underrated aspect of quarterbacking is being able to deal with pressure and make quick reads, which he did very well, especially in the 2 minute drill. His biggest weakness right now is his technique and footwork, as he looks uncomfortable throwing on the run and short-arms some passes sometimes. This can be fixed at the next level so I think he has a high ceiling, especially considering he's only a Junior. He could develop into a nice WCO QB.

AMEN (10 char)

VY10
09-16-2007, 03:58 PM
Prothro is done with footballl... forever.. Period.

JPW will have a good year. Not great but good. Definitely in the top half of SEC QB's.... Behind Woodson and Tebow for sure.

VY10
09-16-2007, 03:59 PM
BTW... Major Applewhite said that JPW had a great week of practice in the 2 minute drill before the Arky game. It really paid off.

etk
09-16-2007, 05:38 PM
BTW... Major Applewhite said that JPW had a great week of practice in the 2 minute drill before the Arky game. It really paid off.

Nick Saban said they're a good "2 minute team" after the game.

VY10
09-16-2007, 09:02 PM
Nick Saban said they're a good "2 minute team" after the game.

Yes.. And Major Applewhite also said that JPW had a good week of practice in the two minute drill.

Jeez.