PDA

View Full Version : 12/25 NEW ORDER: NEW PICKS!!!!!

FloridaFootball
12-25-2006, 01:30 AM
Peter Kings comments on NBC's football night in America were very interesting about how team sources from both the the Lions and Raiders told him they were thinking QB. Don't jump me for having the Raiders taking Russell, I think his stock will rise after tearing apart the fighting Irish's defense on a national stage and through the combines his draft stock will rise. I know 2nd overall seems way too high for Russell but lets assume that his stock rises this high, makes for some interesting picks.

--------------------------

2007 NFL Mock Draft

1. Detroit Lions - Brady Quinn, QB Notre Dame

2. Oakland Raiders - JaMarcus Russell, QB L.S.U

3. Clevland Browns - Adrian Peterson, RB Oklahoma

4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Calvin Johnson, WR Georgia Tech

5. Arizona Cardinals - Joe Thomas, OT Wisconsin

6. Washington Redskins - Gaines Adams, DE Clemson

7. Houston Texans - Alan Branch, DT Michigan

8. Minnesota Vikings - Dwayne Jarrett, WR USC

9. San Fransico 49ers - Leon Hall, CB Michigan

10. Miami Dolphins - Amobi Okoye, DT Louisville

11. Atlanta Falcons - LaRon Landry, S L.S.U

12. St. Louis Rams - Reggie Nelson, S Florida

13. Carolina Panthers - Patrick Willis, ILB Ole' Miss

14. Green Bay Packers - Marshawn Lynch, RB California

15. Pittsburgh Steelers - LaMarr Woodley, DE/OLB Michigan

16. New York Giants - Darrelle Revis, CB Pittsburgh

17. Buffalo Bills - Marcus McCauley, CB Fresno State

18. New England Patriots (from Seattle) - Quentin Moses, DE Georgia

19. Philadelphia Eagles - Michael Griffin, S Texas

20. Kansas City Chiefs - Ted Ginn Jr., WR Ohio State

21. Jacksonville Jaguars - Victor Abiamiri, DE Notre Dame

22. Cincinnati Bengals - Quinn Pitcock, DT Ohio State

23. Tennessee Titans - Antoine Cason, CB Arizona

24. New York Jets - Levi Brown, OT Penn State

25. Denver Broncos - Frank Okam, DT Texas

26. Dallas Cowboys - Justin Blalock, OG Texas

27. New Orleans Saints - Paul Posluszny, OLB Penn State

28. New England Patriots - Eric Weddle, S Utah

29. Indianapolis Colts - Rufus Alexander, OLB Oklahoma

30. Baltimore Ravens - Daymeion Hughes, CB California

31. Chicago Bears - Earl Everett, OLB Florida

32. San Diego Chargers - Jeff Samardzija, WR Notre Dame

Caddy
12-25-2006, 02:06 AM
Sure am glad to see CJ going to the Bucs at #4

Xonraider
12-25-2006, 02:21 AM
lol.. aint gonna happen

BrownsTown
12-25-2006, 04:42 AM
Haha. Russell over CJ. Haha. Even Russell in the top 5 makes me :lol:

moc182
12-25-2006, 05:22 AM
Good Giants pick, can't see Okoye in the top 10, alot of people on here overrate him because he's so young.

21ST
12-25-2006, 06:47 AM
I really wish someone would make a mock where the redskins trade down.

The Unseen
12-25-2006, 07:01 AM

Because it's not a very Redskin thing to do.

T-RICH49
12-25-2006, 09:11 AM
I love the Ted Ginn pick

Crow
12-25-2006, 11:48 AM
That's hilarious. Even funnier than a heart attack on a crowded elevator.

21ST
12-25-2006, 11:52 AM

Because it's not a very Redskin thing to do.

What exactly are you basing that off of

Crow
12-25-2006, 11:58 AM
They traded down 2 or 3 times in Rd1 the year they took Ramsey, right?

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-25-2006, 12:07 PM
You wanna know who the source is that told Peter King this?
The rat that Art Shell was talking about a couple of weeks ago.

btw,who cant tear up the Irish secondary?really his draft stock will rise because he can tear up the Irish secondary.do you honetsly think that scouts should look at that.

NY+Giants=NYG
12-25-2006, 12:22 PM
How good is Revis actually?

Handel
12-25-2006, 12:59 PM
Good Patriots draft rank of selection. 8)

But I would prefer Griffin over Moses.

Bradentonian
12-25-2006, 01:09 PM
4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Calvin Johnson, WR Georgia Tech

5. Arizona Cardinals - Joe Thomas, OT Wisconsin

6. Washington Redskins - Gaines Adams, DE Clemson

If we take CJ with Thomas and Adams on the board someone please shoot me.

iloxygenil
12-25-2006, 01:12 PM
If Calvin slips to #4 you can expect the Falcons to trade up to get him, if he falls past #2. I know it's a lot of hype, but if he's there past pick #2 there is NO way the Falcons don't move up to get him. Especially if they lose and end up picking around #8, then the trade for Schaub + our round 1 pick EASILY moves us up to #3, even if we have to send him to Tampa Bay to get Calvin I think we'd do it.

Also if we don't move up...then give us Reggie Nelson...Landry is overrated and doesn't fit what we want.

NIN1984
12-25-2006, 01:14 PM
I'm not gonna jump on ya for the pick Russell is a QB and Raiders need one I just wish it would be Quinn

iloxygenil
12-25-2006, 01:19 PM
Oh yeah, and if the Falcons decided NOT to move up after the board broke down this way...we'd have another top 10 pick from Schaub. Once those 2 QBs are gone, there isn't another QB worth a pick that high, and teams like Minnesota, Tampa Bay, and Houston will all be in the Market for Matt Schaub. Which makes it likely that we either move up from 11 to 4 with Schaub + our #11 or we keep the #11 and add the #7 or 8 overall pick.

princefielder28
12-25-2006, 01:21 PM
Russell looks like a man that was meant to wear the silver & black

FloridaFootball
12-25-2006, 01:32 PM
Oh yeah, and if the Falcons decided NOT to move up after the board broke down this way...we'd have another top 10 pick from Schaub. Once those 2 QBs are gone, there isn't another QB worth a pick that high, and teams like Minnesota, Tampa Bay, and Houston will all be in the Market for Matt Schaub. Which makes it likely that we either move up from 11 to 4 with Schaub + our #11 or we keep the #11 and add the #7 or 8 overall pick.

The Vikings have invested draft picks into Jackson and will give him at least another year at the starting QB position, so you can count the Vikings out of the Matt Shaub talk. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers just resigned Chris Simms, but they could be tempted towards Shaub but I doubt it. I have not followed the Texans and David Carr much this season, I haven't heard people in Houston screaming for his head or anything so I don't think they will go for Quarterback.

I can really see the raiders trading for Shaub if they are serious about going quarterback and Quinn is off the board and Rusell did not raise his draft stock enough to be top 5 worthy.

Fred Savage
12-25-2006, 01:55 PM
I love the Russell pick. I also think he will end up being a top 5 pick. The one problem I find with most of these mocks is Ted Ginn falling way out of the top 10. I am a firm believer that Ginn is going to be a very high pick.

Spectre
12-25-2006, 02:31 PM
That is the flat out WORST PICK EVER. Quinn is a possibility, Russell is NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

Honestly, I don't see how you can say that. The Raiders will at least CONSIDER a quarterback and Russell has better physical tools than Quinn, so he might appeal to Davis more. People would have said the same thing you just did when Vince Young was mentioned as a Top 5 QB going to the Titans OVER Matt Leinart, but yet, it happened. The only way you can say something isn't going to happen is if it's a pick completely out of alignment with a team's needs, which QB isn't for the Raiders.

Bottom line is - don't blast someone for making a pick that can make sense for your team. If you disagree with it, that's one thing. Slamming them like this is another altogether.

NIN1984
12-25-2006, 02:42 PM
No way anyone gives up a top 10 pick for Shaub he can stay with the Falcons

sergiomiguel2
12-25-2006, 03:02 PM
I love the Russell pick, he is a solid prospect has the tools ans skills...and has that amazing size. He is Culpepper clone
Also Raiders might just be looking for a QB more than anything else, what you want Aaron Brooks starting for you again...and not even passing to MOSS, maybe bringing in Russell could just keep Moss put...who knows

If Tamps passes up on Calvin it will be for Gaines, no one else, but i highly doubt they pass up on a WR of that caliber, they need D help, and usually that would be the first thing to take care of, but I think they would either trade down, maybe with ATL to aquire Shaub, although I think highly unlikely with the resigning of Simms, but who knows

I like the Redskins pick, either him or Branch, but the Texans might go with Hall or Nelson at 7

I def agree with the Vikes pick 100%

Miami, im sry I know we will not take a DT, first off it will probably be an SEC player, and second it will not be a DT, if we go D it will probably be Nelson, Landry or Woodley, if Hall is there then I think he would be the pick, but I dont think we would take Revis, I would take Nelson for his playmaking ability or Woodley for our need of a 3-4 LB and another pass rushing DE

I am really ocnvinced that the Packers will go with a CB, Morency is a fine back, and Ahmann is still a posiibility

Maybe the Panthers end with a DE, moses, becuase of injuries, and Patriots in now way dont draft either secondary or WR, yea Griffin probably

Dont be surprised to have Ginn fall that far, he is not as polished as he looks, but maybe the Falcons or Bills take him, the Bills need another WR
then KC would take Jeff Samardzija which is the kind of WR they need, if he comes out

I think the Jets get a nice present, Marshawn Lynch could drop to them if the Giants dont take him, either way one NY team will end up with a new RB

i think the colts go with a DT if no MLB is available

12-25-2006, 03:04 PM

We wouldn't take a MLB round one. We don't need one first off, and we don't take 1st round LB's.

Crow
12-25-2006, 04:03 PM
we don't take 1st round LB's.

Yes you do...

12-25-2006, 04:05 PM

Yes you do...

No we don't. Saying we took one almost 10 years ago in a completely different scheme doesn't count idiot.

Zyro_1014
12-25-2006, 04:11 PM

We wouldn't take a MLB round one. We don't need one first off, and we don't take 1st round LB's.

you better take a linebacker or at least somethin on the defensive line because if u didnt notice Ron Dayne went for 150 and 3 tds yesterday and thats just pathetic.

Zyro_1014
12-25-2006, 04:11 PM

you better take a linebacker or at least somethin on the defensive line because if u didnt notice Ron Dayne went for 150 and 3 tds yesterday and thats just pathetic.

12-25-2006, 04:12 PM

We don't take 1st round LB's thought, that's just the way we draft. A DT is much more likely.

smittyjs
12-25-2006, 05:37 PM
23. Tennessee Titans - Antoine Cason, CB Arizona I hate this pick, he isn't a first rounde right now, maybe a second at best in the weak CB class, WR, DE, S and maybe DT are going to be bigger need during the draft. Corner is a big need, but i rather get a veteran CB though Free agency.

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-25-2006, 05:44 PM
I love the Russell pick, he is a solid prospect has the tools ans skills...and has that amazing size. He is Culpepper clone
Also Raiders might just be looking for a QB more than anything else, what you want Aaron Brooks starting for you again...and not even passing to MOSS, maybe bringing in Russell could just keep Moss put...who knows
why the hell would Al want Moss to stay in Oakland.Moss sucks.behind Track Star Whitted hes the worst WR on the team.the guy cant catch a five yard in.
Why would anone want a Cullpepper clone?Hes proven that without Moss he cant be an adequate QB in the NFL.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
12-25-2006, 06:40 PM
1. Patriots would NEVER pass on Samardzija. He's an unselfish player, that has top 10 talent. Belicheck loves the Tom Brady type guys, consumate team players.
2. Amobi Okoye would never reach top 10, maybe crack first round. His upside is huge, but his downside is just as big. Boom or bust prospect.
3. Titans don't really need a first round corner, they have much bigger needs.

E for effort :D

alfisback1
12-25-2006, 07:25 PM
I guess I like the niners pick... but I think I might shed a tear if they pass on landry and willis.

morknolle
12-25-2006, 07:45 PM
This is pretty decent mock. Although I've seen Alan Branch going to the Texans an aweful lot, I don't think they take him if Leon Hall is on the board as CB is a much bigger need than DT (or if Adrian Peterson is available I don't see them passing on him either). Plus, even though this is a new regime, the Texans have used a 1st round pick on a DLineman each of the last three drafts (Mario in '06, Travis Johnson in '05 even though he may end up being on his way out of town, and Jason Babin in '04, although he hasn't overly produced much either) and I don't think they'd use another 1st on a DLineman. If the Texans end up in the 8-10 range (pretty likely as they host Cleveland next week) and Peterson, Hall, etc. are gone, I'd be ok with Branch but I'd prefer a guy like LaRon Landry. Our secondary really needs some help, much moreso than our DLine, plus I'm not an overly big fan of Branch, he is good but not top 10 good to me. Branch next to Mario would be pretty awesome and I've seen that as a popular pick in a lot of mocks, but I'm not sure I see it happening.

King Rhabuf
12-25-2006, 08:50 PM
Is Weddle a first rounder?

King Rhabuf
12-25-2006, 08:52 PM
Also, don't like Weddle, Okam, Hughes, or Samardzija picks.

FloridaFootball
12-25-2006, 09:43 PM

Who would you have the Chargers take in this position?

Space Ghost
12-25-2006, 09:49 PM
Can 9 teams from the AFC be in the playoffs?

King Rhabuf
12-25-2006, 10:03 PM

Yes you do...

No we don't. Saying we took one almost 10 years ago in a completely different scheme doesn't count idiot.

it was 6 years ago :roll:

King Rhabuf
12-25-2006, 10:03 PM

Higgins

they could use a speed WR

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
12-25-2006, 10:18 PM

Higgins

How could you not like the Samardzija pick? Have you ever seen him play? He's a beast! Higgins has questionable hands, and is nowhere near Samardzija's level. Chargers will be lucky Samardzija will be there when they pick.

scar988
12-25-2006, 10:22 PM
11. Atlanta Falcons - LaRon Landry, S L.S.U
good pick. Reggie Nelson would be just as good if he leaps Landry at the Combine.

FloridaFootball
12-25-2006, 10:22 PM
If the chargers don't take Samardzija then he would fall out of the first round, I can't see that happening.

:shock:

Space Ghost
12-25-2006, 11:02 PM
If the chargers don't take Samardzija then he would fall out of the first round, I can't see that happening.

Really, right now I see him as a mid rounder because to this point he clearly isn't only playing professional football. Unless the Bears go for him in the second because he is so close to both teams. I think that he can easily become a fourth rounder if he is set on playing both sports professionaly. He has a lot of money waiting for him in the MLB and right now, I would probably go with baseball for the cash and to preserve my body if I loved both sports equally.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
12-25-2006, 11:12 PM

Really, right now I see him as a mid rounder because to this point he clearly isn't only playing professional football. Unless the Bears go for him in the second because he is so close to both teams. I think that he can easily become a fourth rounder if he is set on playing both sports professionaly. He has a lot of money waiting for him in the MLB and right now, I would probably go with baseball for the cash and to preserve my body if I loved both sports equally.

Samardzija won't fall past NE. They love character guys. He's got top 10 talent, and is a consumate team player.

Pit Bull #53
12-25-2006, 11:46 PM
23. Tennessee Titans - Antoine Cason, CB Arizona I hate this pick, he isn't a first rounde right now, maybe a second at best in the weak CB class, WR, DE, S and maybe DT are going to be bigger need during the draft. Corner is a big need, but i rather get a veteran CB though Free agency.

With who's left on the board, I would've went with Mr. Blalock over Cason.

King Rhabuf
12-26-2006, 12:03 AM

Higgins

How could you not like the Samardzija pick? Have you ever seen him play? He's a beast! Higgins has questionable hands, and is nowhere near Samardzija's level. Chargers will be lucky Samardzija will be there when they pick.

Jeff Samardzija is garunteed $7 million if he plays baseball and he will probably go that route. Hes not going to commit to either sport before the draft, so its a MAJOR risk to take him in the first round.

Space Ghost
12-26-2006, 12:15 AM

Higgins

Jeff Samardzija is garunteed $7 million if he plays baseball and he will probably go that route. Hes not going to commit to either sport before the draft, so its a MAJOR risk to take him in the first round.

Jeyuh.

King Rhabuf
12-26-2006, 12:40 AM
what?

baseball contracts are garunteed, unlike football contracts

its a much smarter move for him to play baseball

iloxygenil
12-26-2006, 01:26 AM

The Vikings have invested draft picks into Jackson and will give him at least another year at the starting QB position, so you can count the Vikings out of the Matt Shaub talk. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers just resigned Chris Simms, but they could be tempted towards Shaub but I doubt it. I have not followed the Texans and David Carr much this season, I haven't heard people in Houston screaming for his head or anything so I don't think they will go for Quarterback.

I can really see the raiders trading for Shaub if they are serious about going quarterback and Quinn is off the board and Rusell did not raise his draft stock enough to be top 5 worthy.
If you're the Vikings you have a chance for a guy with 7 years experience in your offense, vs a guy with 1, who are you going to pick? They like him, but he's not their future, he's not good enough. They will take Schaub and let him develop under Schaub. There is a reason there are fans talking about Schaub all over the league, Minnesota is very likely, and the Texans have already rumored that they want him, just don't want to give up a very high first for him...but they don't have much of an option otherwise, because it will cost them rounds 2-4 or 5 to land him without their first.

draftguru151
12-26-2006, 08:47 AM
Okoye has no place in a 3-4 and that is too early for him.

Space Ghost
12-26-2006, 12:35 PM

Couldn't he play end? He is quick. I wouldn't draft him to be an end in a 34, I would put him in a cover-2 scheme like the Bucs, Colts, Bears, Lions, Bills, etc. But could he be a 34 end? Is he too short or weak or something? I agree that that is way too early for him, late first rounder.

sergiomiguel2
12-26-2006, 12:39 PM
why the hell would Al want Moss to stay in Oakland.Moss sucks.behind Track Star Whitted hes the worst WR on the team.the guy cant catch a five yard in.
Why would anone want a Cullpepper clone?Hes proven that without Moss he cant be an adequate QB in the NFL.

whoa whoa...what ur saying is just stupid...why wouldnt you want Moss there, unless he really is that unhappy. He in no way is a bad WR, the thing is if he doesnt care, guess what he doesnt care...yes he wont catch a ball cause hes unhapppy, but if you get him happy you got urself a monster, and whywouldnt you want a culpepper clone, did i say the same guy that needs one guy to do things no, i mean the guy who is big, can run well and shed of tackles, has a big arm, very accurate...and very aware...your looking too literal, Moss is a great receiver when happy...Culpepper is a great QB when healthy...and at least has someon to throw to, maybe Moss was his guy for a while, but who was his go to guy once he left...Burleson!!! he sucks, he had one good year and thats it

Finsfan79
12-26-2006, 02:03 PM
I hate the dolphins pick with a complete and utter passion.

lionsfan88
12-26-2006, 02:26 PM
i just dont see houston taking 2 defensive lineman in the first round two years in a row. I know they still have a need there, but for the sake of the franchise i hope they pick another position.

draftguru151
12-26-2006, 02:44 PM

Couldn't he play end? He is quick. I wouldn't draft him to be an end in a 34, I would put him in a cover-2 scheme like the Bucs, Colts, Bears, Lions, Bills, etc. But could he be a 34 end? Is he too short or weak or something? I agree that that is way too early for him, late first rounder.

If you would draft him to a cover 2 why would you draft him to a 3-4? The two players are completely different.

Crow
12-26-2006, 04:54 PM

whoa whoa...what ur saying is just stupid...why wouldnt you want Moss there, unless he really is that unhappy. He in no way is a bad WR, the thing is if he doesnt care, guess what he doesnt care...yes he wont catch a ball cause hes unhapppy, but if you get him happy you got urself a monster, and whywouldnt you want a culpepper clone, did i say the same guy that needs one guy to do things no, i mean the guy who is big, can run well and shed of tackles, has a big arm, very accurate...and very aware...your looking too literal, Moss is a great receiver when happy...Culpepper is a great QB when healthy...and at least has someon to throw to, maybe Moss was his guy for a while, but who was his go to guy once he left...Burleson!!! he sucks, he had one good year and thats it

Moss is garbage.

Make him happy? What kind of idiot keeps a whiney little child in the hopes that if they give him candy and a puppy he'll play hard for them?

Randy Moss is the single worst personnel move this team has made in the last 10 years. Barr none. We'll be a better team the moment he's shown the door.

And, for the sake of correcting you, Culpepper is terrible. As soon as he lost the formerly usefull Moss, he fell apart. He'll never be more than average now. Very accurate? Now you're just making stuff up.

sergiomiguel2
12-26-2006, 07:21 PM

Moss is garbage.

Make him happy? What kind of idiot keeps a whiney little child in the hopes that if they give him candy and a puppy he'll play hard for them?

Randy Moss is the single worst personnel move this team has made in the last 10 years. Barr none. We'll be a better team the moment he's shown the door.

And, for the sake of correcting you, Culpepper is terrible. As soon as he lost the formerly usefull Moss, he fell apart. He'll never be more than average now. Very accurate? Now you're just making stuff up.

HAHAHA...are you kidding...have you seen not only his career passing completion average which is one of the best in NFL history, but his college is the best in history. Ok listen here he is very accurate, yes Moss still had 10+ TD the year Culpepper did amazing, but wait...wasnt Moss out half the year, and Culpepper still put up those number, you are living on half a year of evidence that he is bad without Moss, you cant count this year becaue of the injury...Culpepper in now way is bad...and neither is Moss...thats stupid saying hes bad...maybe hes selfish and a stupid player, but in no way can you say he is bad...its like saying TO is bad ok..Make moss happy...he will play good for you, thats all he wants, the attention to be around him...aka TO. So maybe you guys will be better with him out the door, but if he is happy and wants to stay and will play...even if he just plays decent...then your better off with him

AND CULPEPPER IN NO WAY SUCKS...HE IS A GOOD QB AND IS VERY ACCURATE...LOOK AT THE STATS...MOSS DOESNT CATCH EVERY BALL...AND REMEMBER HE PLAYED FOR UCF