chris chambers
tony gonzalez

for

clavin johnson
todd heap

i have heap and johnson

princefielder28
07-24-2007, 11:54 AM
No way! Chris Chambers has Trent Green throwing him the football and Tony Gonzalez may have Brodie Croyle throwing him the rock. Calvin will see his touches in the Lions and Mike martz offense, and Heap is a big time option for aging veteran Steve McNair

neko4
07-24-2007, 11:55 AM
No, wht he said

bsaza2358
07-24-2007, 11:59 AM
I agree with the others. Stand pat unless you're getting a legit WR option back. Think a Santana Moss or a Terry Glenn. Solid #2 fantasy WR.

Wootylicous
07-24-2007, 12:04 PM
Vince Young

for

Ben Roethlisberger

I have Young

princefielder28
07-24-2007, 12:06 PM
Vince Young

for

Ben Roethlisberger

I have Young

I would hold on to Young; he doesn't have the targets that Big Ben does but Vince always has a chance to break off a big run for a TD....Big Ben is also in a new offense and it may take some feeling out before he gets comfortable

neko4
07-24-2007, 12:09 PM
Vince Young

for

Ben Roethlisberger

I have Young

Well if youre superstisous do it, Young has both the madden curse and the sophmore slump riding on him. And he's a running QB likely to get hurt

bsaza2358
07-24-2007, 12:11 PM
I don't see a need to necessarily rush off and make a 1-for-1 deal. If you have someone with a huge boner for Young, try to get something else for him. If you have a thing for Young, try to get something else anyway.

Wootylicous
07-24-2007, 12:12 PM
Now he offer me

Vince Young
Deion Branch

for

Ben Roethlisberger
Terry Glenn

alca1992
07-24-2007, 12:19 PM
Now he offer me

Vince Young
Deion Branch

for

Ben Roethlisberger
Terry Glenn

dont do it. vince can ok passing points but he gives you alot points for running. he could be a top 5 qb this year

neko4
07-24-2007, 12:30 PM
whos your other QB?

alca1992
07-24-2007, 12:34 PM
i just offerd this im not sure if he will take it but do you like it

marvin harrison
LT

for

calvin johnson
clinton portis
brian westbrook
steve mcnair ( my backup qb)
new englend Def. ( i have oakland as my second defence)

Wootylicous
07-24-2007, 01:02 PM
whos your other QB?

Brett Favre

bsaza2358
07-24-2007, 01:20 PM
Now he offer me

Vince Young
Deion Branch

for

Ben Roethlisberger
Terry Glenn

Who are his other WR's and who are yours?

bsaza2358
07-24-2007, 01:22 PM
i just offerd this im not sure if he will take it but do you like it

marvin harrison
LT

for

calvin johnson
clinton portis
brian westbrook
steve mcnair ( my backup qb)
new englend Def. ( i have oakland as my second defence)

I think you're giving up a ton here. Probably too much. Giving up 2 starting RB's is a lot. I don't mind giving up the defense. If you're giving up Westbrook and Portis, I certainly hope you have a viable second RB to team with LT.

Wootylicous
07-24-2007, 01:26 PM
Who are his other WR's and who are yours?

My others WR are Roy Williams and Marques Colston and he have T.J. Houshmandzadeh and Laveranues Coles

Here is my team :

QB - Vince Young
RB - LT
RB - MJD
WR - Roy Williams
WR - Marques Colston
TE - Todd Heap
W/R - Reggie Bush
BN- Ahman Green
BN- Julius Jones
BN- Deion Branch
BN- Brett Favre
BN- Benjamin Watson

alca1992
07-24-2007, 01:40 PM
I think you're giving up a ton here. Probably too much. Giving up 2 starting RB's is a lot. I don't mind giving up the defense. If you're giving up Westbrook and Portis, I certainly hope you have a viable second RB to team with LT.

i have marion barber and i have tatum bell marion would start

BrownsTown
07-24-2007, 02:05 PM
My others WR are Roy Williams and Marques Colston and he have T.J. Houshmandzadeh and Laveranues Coles

Here is my team :

QB - Vince Young
RB - LT
RB - MJD
WR - Roy Williams
WR - Marques Colston
TE - Todd Heap
W/R - Reggie Bush
BN- Ahman Green
BN- Julius Jones
BN- Deion Branch
BN- Brett Favre
BN- Benjamin Watson

Do you lose points for INT? If you do, you need to get a better QB.

alca1992
07-24-2007, 02:15 PM
Do you lose points for INT? If you do, you need to get a better QB.

that wouldnt matter his rushing will cut that out

Maybe Next Year Millen2
07-24-2007, 02:58 PM
Need some help.
My draft is today and I pick 10th in a 12 team league with QB,2RB,3WR,TE,D,K.
I'm assuming LT,Alexander,Jackson,LJ,Westbrook,Gore,Peyton Manning,Willie Parker, Rudi Johnson should be gone barring any gaffs by my opponents.

Would you take Addai with Tarik Glenn possibly retiring, Edgerin James despite his struggles last year, Clinton Portis despite his injury problems or go after a top WR or Carson Palmer?

bsaza2358
07-24-2007, 03:03 PM
There is no great option for you here. You're kind of in no man's land when it comes to players, and you're first to act in that time. After those first 9 players, you're looking at Addai, Edge, McGahee, and Portis as your next 4, with Reggie Bush, McCallister, Palmer, Ronnie Brown, and Cadillac Williams in that next tier. You just have to pick the guy with the highest likelihood of consistent high points and go from there. You need to take a RB round 1 for sure. You can look at a RB round 1, then Palmer coming back or just at 2 RB's. If one of the top 9 falls to you, definitely jump on it.

bsaza2358
07-24-2007, 03:04 PM
i have marion barber and i have tatum bell marion would start

I don't like this deal. You're giving up too much. Barber is going to split carries, and Tatum Bell on the Lions is pretty meh. You're too shallow at RB. LT is nice, but you're giving up too much. You're better off with Westbrook and Portis, IMO.

Giantsfan1080
07-24-2007, 03:15 PM
I'm in a keeper league and have decided to keep 3 RB's from last year. My team stunk by the end so I compiled as many good rb's as I could so I'd be set for this year. I have Gore, Addai, Jacobs, Benson, and Betts. I'm definitely keeping Gore and Addai but I'm not sure if I should keep Benson or Jacobs. I'm a Giants fan obviously so I am leaning towards Jacobs. Thoughts?

Maybe Next Year Millen2
07-24-2007, 03:23 PM
There is no great option for you here. You're kind of in no man's land when it comes to players, and you're first to act in that time. After those first 9 players, you're looking at Addai, Edge, McGahee, and Portis as your next 4, with Reggie Bush, McCallister, Palmer, Ronnie Brown, and Cadillac Williams in that next tier. You just have to pick the guy with the highest likelihood of consistent high points and go from there. You need to take a RB round 1 for sure. You can look at a RB round 1, then Palmer coming back or just at 2 RB's. If one of the top 9 falls to you, definitely jump on it.

Yeah, same thing happened to me last year and I got stuck with Edgerin James even though I know what kind of season he was in for in Arizona. Luckily this is a league I don't care much about. Yeah hopefully some dummy takes a WR and Rudi or Willie Parker falls to me. I'll probably come back with running back then in Round 2. 2 decents running backs is better than 1 decent running back and Palmer/top WR because running backs are obviously the best. Unless I can swing a trade with a top QB or top WR but I don't like trading.

Eaglez.Fan
07-24-2007, 03:23 PM
The 1st trade isn't as bad as you guys think. Croyle would be very good as the starting QB as for Gonzalez's numbers. Young or rookie QB's love big TE's and Tony obvisouly has the trust right out of the gate to throw him the ball.

alca1992
07-24-2007, 03:28 PM
Need some help.
My draft is today and I pick 10th in a 12 team league with QB,2RB,3WR,TE,D,K.
I'm assuming LT,Alexander,Jackson,LJ,Westbrook,Gore,Peyton Manning,Willie Parker, Rudi Johnson should be gone barring any gaffs by my opponents.

Would you take Addai with Tarik Glenn possibly retiring, Edgerin James despite his struggles last year, Clinton Portis despite his injury problems or go after a top WR or Carson Palmer?

draft 2 RB with your first 2 picks then a WR in the 3rd then a QB in 4

bsaza2358
07-25-2007, 09:49 AM
I try not to plan more than 15 picks in advance. You generally want to come out of the first 5 rounds with at least 2 top RB's and a stud WR. After that, you have to have top players available. Plan your first 2 rounds and proceed from there.

alca1992
07-25-2007, 03:11 PM
I try not to plan more than 15 picks in advance. You generally want to come out of the first 5 rounds with at least 2 top RB's and a stud WR. After that, you have to have top players available. Plan your first 2 rounds and proceed from there.

yea thats a pretty good idea

drowe
07-25-2007, 03:49 PM
here is how i see it this year:

-Always take a RB first...and as usualy there seems to be just enough RBs that everybody gets one decent one, maybe 2 if ya pick late.

-QB-the way i see it, there are 5 good ones to have...Manning, Palmer, Brees, Rivers and Brady...after that, kinda iffy.

-WR-nobody really stands out. there are A LOT of decent ones. but, nobody to jump at early.

so, with that being said, my strategy right now is to get 2 RBs and try to get one of the top 5 QBs (probably in round 2) before even thinking of grabbing a WR. any opinions on that strategy?

princefielder28
07-25-2007, 03:52 PM
Drowe, I would hesitate in taking Rivers as a top 5 QB. He is skilled and will be a very good NFL QB but right now he just doesn't have the weapons to put up big fantasy numbers

bsaza2358
07-25-2007, 04:28 PM
drowe, I tend to "tier" the QB's. I'm going to do a list, but in no particular order:

Tier 1, First Rounders:

Peyton Manning

Tier 2, Excellent Options:

Brady, Palmer, Brees, McNabb (if you think he'll stay healthy), Rivers (if he's for real), Bulger, Hasselbeck

Tier 3a, more speculative, but likely solid:

Losman, Eli Manning, Tony Romo, Big Ben, Pennington

Tier 3b, young and likely to succeed: Leinert (given his weapons), Cutler, Alex Smith, and Vince Young

Tier 4, speculative veterans: Grossman, Tampa QB's, Leftwich/Garrard, Huard/Croyle, Schaub, Kitna, Favre, Green, McNair, Delhomme

Tier 5, rookies and other: Tavaris Jackson, Cleveland QB's, Atlanta QB's, Oakland QB's

bsaza2358
07-25-2007, 04:29 PM
Looks like I might have missed a starting QB. I count 31 on that list, but off the top of my head, I think I did good work.

alca1992
07-25-2007, 06:16 PM
i like getting my QB's in round 3 or 4

this year i got Marc Bulger in the last pick of the 3rd round. bulger throws about 4000 yards and 25+ TDs so just never get a QB in the first when you can get almost the same 2 rounds later

Go_Eagles77
07-25-2007, 07:35 PM
Haha someone just offered me Mushin Muhammed for Torry Holt, don't need advice to know I'm rejecting this one.

alca1992
07-25-2007, 07:48 PM
lol somebody once offerd me chris chambers for clinton portis

Go_Eagles77
07-25-2007, 07:57 PM
I hate when people try to trade me Steven Jackson for Larry Johnson, which I would do if it wasn't the Steven Jackson on the panthers lol, I almost fell for it too.

Eaglez.Fan
07-25-2007, 08:13 PM
How will Jerious Norwood do this year. Being he'll start for the first 4 weeks, and maybe even more.

+rep

Bills2083
07-25-2007, 08:24 PM
My Team

QB: Vince Young
RB: Frank Gore
RB: Maurice Jones-Drew
My WRs are terrible...
WR: Reggie Brown
WR: Chris Chambers
WR: Jerricho Cotchery
TE: Ben Watson
K: Josh Brown
DST: Miami Dolphins

QB: Eli Manning
RB: Marion Barber III
WR: DJ Hackett
WR: Derrick Mason
TE: Randy McMichael

How do I make my team better?

alca1992
07-25-2007, 08:36 PM
Norwood i think will have 600-700 yds. maye 5 TD's so i think he should be a decent backup and a solid #4 option.

Bills2083 id trade some of your WR away for 1 good WR cause your WR are a mess

Go_Eagles77
07-25-2007, 09:28 PM
What do you guys think of my 2 teams? Which one's better? What would you try to change? Thanks.

Team #1

QB - Donovan McNabb, PHI
QB (R) - Ben Roethlisberger, PIT
HB - Brian Westbrook, PHI
HB - Maurice Jones-Drew, JAX
HB (R) - Kevin Jones, DET
WR - Laverneus Coles, NYJ
WR - Jerry Porter, OAK
WR - Muhsin Muhammad, CHI
WR (R) - Greg Jennings, GB
TE - Tony Gonzalez, KC
TE (R) - Tony Scheffler, DEN
K - Stephen Gostkowski, NE
D/ST - Chargers
D/ST (R) - Raiders

Team #2

QB - Vince Young, TEN
QB (R) - Matt Schaub, HOU
HB - Larry Johnson, KC
HB - Edgerrin James, ARI
HB (R) - Tatum Bell, DET
WR - Torry Holt, STL
WR - Andre Johnson, HOU
WR - Deion Branch, SEA
WR (R) - Jerricho Cotchery, NYJ
TE - Benjamin Watson, NE
TE (R) - Heath Miller, PIT
K - Neil Rackers, ARI
D/ST - Steelers
D/ST (R) - Giants

alca1992
07-25-2007, 09:35 PM
release kevin jones hes not gonna play and if he does it wont be for a while. thats all i can think of

Giantsfan1080
07-26-2007, 01:53 PM
I'm in a keeper league. I'm keeping Gore and Addai. Should I also keep Jacobs or Benson?

princefielder28
07-26-2007, 02:00 PM
I'm in a keeper league. I'm keeping Gore and Addai. Should I also keep Jacobs or Benson?

Benson; he's really their only option at the position, Jacobs has Droughns behind him, plus Chicago's line is quite a bit better than New York's and New York has a better passing game to lean back on than does Chicago.

Eaglez.Fan
07-26-2007, 03:12 PM
Yeah, no doubt Benson.

bsaza2358
07-26-2007, 03:14 PM
Benson; he's really their only option at the position, Jacobs has Droughns behind him, plus Chicago's line is quite a bit better than New York's and New York has a better passing game to lean back on than does Chicago.

I actually like Jacobs also. I'm not sure about scoring system and such. I have been enamored with Jacobs for a long time. Benson is excellent, as well. To me, it's a coin flip. I don't see Droughns being a big threat, but the points about Eli Manning are pretty good. Benson is a safer bet, but I wouldn't bet money on that decision.

alca1992
07-30-2007, 11:54 AM
i want to bump this up

Newbs24
08-01-2007, 10:34 AM
Personally I think this is a great thread. I love to see what other players do in reagrds to draft strategy. We had to reset our draft date in my BIG league but I think I was picking 9th. Not too happy picking 9th in a 12 person league but things may be switched up now. I think that Maroney is gonna be a big time player this year. He and/or Addai are the 2 guys I am really looking at. I also am wondering what type of offense Pittsburgh is looking at running this year? That could also help in projecting what Fast Willie is gonna do. Caddy and McGahee burned me last year but thank god I struck gold with Gore in all 3 leagues. I wasn't really excited about FF this year yet, but now I am ready to get my Draft underway.

RonnieRun23
08-01-2007, 11:09 AM
What do you guys think about my team? How can I improve it?

QB: Carson Palmer
RB1: Larry Johnson
RB2: Cedric Benson
WR1: Steve Smith
WR2: Randy Moss
WR3: Braylon Edwards
TE: Jason Witten
K: Robbie Gould
D/ST: 49ers, but I plan on switching week-to-week depending on the match-up

Reserves
QB: Matt Schaub
RB: Chris Henry
RB: DeAngelo Williams
RB: Jerious Norwood
WR: Branden Jones

bsaza2358
08-01-2007, 11:24 AM
Ronnie, you have a lot of question marks on your team. LJ was overworked last year, Benson hasn't proven a thing, Moss hasn't been relevant in several years, Edwards has yet to be consistent, DeAngelo Williams is in a platoon, and Norwood is on the Falcons. I think your best bet is to move LJ and Benson for something more known. Take a small downgrade, but get consistent performers. Get a Willie Parker/Thomas Jones as your starters.

Newbs24
08-01-2007, 11:25 AM
What do you guys think about my team? How can I improve it?

QB: Carson Palmer
RB1: Larry Johnson
RB2: Cedric Benson
WR1: Steve Smith
WR2: Randy Moss
WR3: Braylon Edwards
K: Robbie Gould
D/ST: 49ers, but I plan on switching week-to-week depending on the match-up

Reserves
QB: Matt Schaub
RB: DeAngelo Williams
RB: Jerious Norwood
WR: Branden Jones

How many teams in that league? I like your starters alot. A Top 5 RB and QB. 2 #1 WRs that should have big years. Braylon could have a big year. Benson has a really good line in front of him. Witten is a very good TE. The bench is very deep but Norwood should start off strong. Might need some more WRs though.

alca1992
08-01-2007, 09:09 PM
honestly id try to trade moss. tom brady throws to many passers and id be shocked if moss even gets 1000 yards so id try and trade him to get more

Billingsley26
08-02-2007, 01:47 PM
Brian Westbrook
for
Anquan Boldin
Steve Mcnair
Marion Barber

I have Westbrook, but at QB I also have Bulger and Cutler, so Mcnair is not factor for me. At RB I also have Willie Parker, Brian Westbrook and Cedric Benson. I look at this trade as Boldin for Westbrook. Anyone think I should go for this or not?

Turtlepower
08-02-2007, 01:48 PM
What's your WR corps look like?

Billingsley26
08-02-2007, 01:50 PM
I have Plaxico Buress, Roy Williams as my starters with Maurice Stovall and Dwayen Bowe on the bench. I am leaning towards not taking it.

alca1992
08-02-2007, 02:23 PM
i would take it

bsaza2358
08-02-2007, 02:30 PM
Westbrook is too good. There are WR's that can be had for less than that. Expect BWest to get you 1800 total yards and at least 12 TD's this year. The other players are not going to make that for you.

princefielder28
08-02-2007, 02:40 PM
Westbrook is too good. There are WR's that can be had for less than that. Expect BWest to get you 1800 total yards and at least 12 TD's this year. The other players are not going to make that for you.

Agree 100%

Billingsley26
08-02-2007, 11:07 PM

Ya thats how I feel about it. Im not going to make the deal.

bsaza2358
08-03-2007, 12:23 PM
Good idea. Thanks for submitting the question.

bsaza2358
08-03-2007, 12:23 PM
I'm surprised all of you guys have teams already. I haven't done a draft yet. Mine start in about a week.

Billingsley26
08-03-2007, 12:25 PM
I'm surprised all of you guys have teams already. I haven't done a draft yet. Mine start in about a week.

Ya, I have 3 im in. One was last week, and the other two aren't until mid august.

bsaza2358
08-03-2007, 12:27 PM
I'm in 5 or 6 leagues. First draft is next Thursday. Last one is a week before the NFL season opens.

Billingsley26
08-03-2007, 12:38 PM
Im in a good giving mood right now.

My list of sleepers that I have on my list are:

QB:
JP Losman- Came a long way last year, should be even better
KC QB- Whether it is Huard or Croyle, LJ took a pounding last year, and may not bet he same person, plus hes upset. I think they could end up passing more than you think.
Alex Smith- More weapons at WR, Davis should be improved and healthy, teams may look to stack the box to stop Gore leaving the pass open.
Joey Harrington- Steps in as the starter (assuming here), ha some weapons in Horn and Crumpler, along with a decent run game. Showed he can pass pretty well last year.

RB:
Jamal Lewis- Running behind a revamped OL, looking slimmer, and worked on his agility over the offseason. Could be surprising.
Cedric Benson- Bears coaches have said they want the run game to open up, and give less opportunites for Grossman to make mistakes.
Marshawn Lynch- The featured back in Buffalo. Hard runner and quick. Also to get ivolved in the passing game.

WR:
Maurice Stovall- Looks to be the #2 WR this year, and has shown great strides. If he stays healthy, could put up solid numbers. Galloway isnt getting younger.
Devrey Henderson- Steps in as the #2 WR (Meachum injury), and has speed to kill. Impoved alot this off-season, and could only get better. Look for him via the deep ball.
Jabar Gaffney- Stallworth and Jackson are both injured. Welker is a slot, and Moss is, well Moss. Gafney is reportedly Brady's favorite target, and they quite the rapport. I look to him to get many looks, and follow up on his playoff performance.

bsaza2358
08-03-2007, 12:55 PM
Assessment:

QB:

Losman--I agree that he is ready to break out. I think he's a pretty standard "sleeper", to the point that he might be overrated.
KC QB's--I'm not with you on this. Herm Edwards is not a big thrower of the football. Bowe has been holding out and is still not in camp. The offensive line is going to be worse, and the other teams in the division boast above average (at worst) defenses.
Alex Smith--See what I wrote about Losman.
Joey Harrington--I don't like anyone on the Falcons this year. I am going to avoid them if at all possible.

RB:

Jamal Lewis--I have been a pretty big JL supporter, but I'm not too hyped on him right now. I like Cleveland's OLine, but I'm reticent.
Benson--People seem to like him, but I've heard rumblings that his teammates hate him. If he's not liked by the rest of the team, he might have a problem getting by.
Lynch--Not really a sleeper. First round RB who has the starting job mostly locked up.

WR:

Stovall--Give you credit for originality. Stovall is an interesting player, but I'm not very high on the Bucs O this year. Stovall isn't guaranteed anything.
Henderson--I like him, but with Copper and Colston out there as well, plus Reggie Bush, how many catches will DH get?
Gaffney--As a fantasy WR, you need your WR's to get consistent numbers. I don't see that for Jabar. There are too many other weapons in NE, and Brady spreads things around. Not terribly high on Gaffney as anything other than a reserve.

Billingsley26
08-03-2007, 01:06 PM
Fair enough assesment. I know about Lynch, probably shouldn't have been in there. I feel that the KC qb's will have more of an opportunity to throw the ball this year. Trust me on the Smith thing. I am beginning to hate ever 49er just because of the hype they re getting. But judging by himself and Losman's performance last year compared to what they are capable of this year, I think they are solid sleepers.

Ive heard that Benson is going to get ALOT of touches this year. They said they didnt like him last year either, and he was allright. I think Lewis will bounce back. At least the OL is better and hes working harder.

I like the Stovall pick my self. I see what your saying about Henderson, but I feel that his production will be better than last year. As for Gaffney, your right about Brady spreading the ball around, but when theres no Stallworth or Jackson, and Moss being Moss (I dont expect 16 games from Moss this year), hes got Welker Gaffney and his TE's. I like Gaffney.

What are some sleepers that you have?

bsaza2358
08-03-2007, 01:52 PM
I actually think that the Bears are going to be very pedestrian this year. There's the Super Bowl hangover factor, plus the loss of Ron Rivera. I don't like their offense too much, and I think they'll miss Thomas Jones A LOT. I'm not too high on Grossman at all, and I've voiced my concerns over Benson. He may get carries, but I don't see him as that dominant.

Billingsley26
08-03-2007, 01:58 PM
Would you trade Cedric Benson for Marshawn Lynch?

I have Benson, and someone offered me Lynch for him? Im kinda leaning towards it.

bsaza2358
08-03-2007, 01:59 PM
Guys who will break out and/or vastly overperform where they're drafted):

DeAngelo Williams--zone blocking in Carolina
DJ Hackett
Mark Clayton (Baltimore)
Roscoe Parrish
Santonio Holmes
Derrick Anderson (Browns)--probably a 1 year guy, but he's supposedly having a killer camp
Ronnie Brown--a known commodity, but I think he will be awesome this year
Travis Henry--I think he will start
Kevin Jones--Stash him on your bench now, then let him carry you late in the season
John Kitna--No competition. I don't see how he can fail.
David Carr--I don't like Delhomme, and I like Carr in that offense

bsaza2358
08-03-2007, 01:59 PM

I have Benson, and someone offered me Lynch for him? Im kinda leaning towards it.

I think you should ask for more. I LOVE Lynch, but Benson has some sort of track record. I would ask for a big upgrade at another position.

princefielder28
08-03-2007, 02:02 PM

Benson; better line and better runner and he'll last longer

bsaza2358
08-03-2007, 02:04 PM
I don't know that he'll last longer. Benson couldn't unseat Thomas Jones as the starting RB on the Bears the last 2 seasons. I would assume that the main reason he's the starter is that he's making too much money to keep Jones around any longer. I can't say for sure that Lynch won't be the man in Buffalo.

princefielder28
08-03-2007, 02:10 PM
I don't know that he'll last longer. Benson couldn't unseat Thomas Jones as the starting RB on the Bears the last 2 seasons. I would assume that the main reason he's the starter is that he's making too much money to keep Jones around any longer. I can't say for sure that Lynch won't be the man in Buffalo.

This is Benson's 3rd season in NFL and he hasn't been used that much so he's legs are fresher. Lynch has just gone through a grueling college season where he was the vocal point of the offense. In addition, it's been shown through the past that a rookie running back can have a hot start but he tends to run out of steam towards the end of the season.

bsaza2358
08-03-2007, 02:27 PM
Cedric Benson's college career was longer than Lynch's, and he had more carries and more "mileage". I can't argue with your point about Lynch being a little less fresh. Benson has had a reduced workload the past few years, but that could also mean he's not prepared for the workload. Either way, both players have to go through camp and the preseason. There's no guarantee that either will stay healthy. Both should be decent options. I like the Bills' offense better than the Bears' this season.

Billingsley26
08-03-2007, 02:37 PM
I think you should ask for more. I LOVE Lynch, but Benson has some sort of track record. I would ask for a big upgrade at another position.

Well. let me give you my roster. We use indivdual defensive players as well. Let me show you.

QB
Marc Bulger
Jay Cutler

RB
Willie Parker
Brian Westbrook
Cedric Benson

WR
Palxico Buress
Roy Williams
Dwayne Bowe
Maurice Stovall

TE
LJ Smith
Randy Mcmichael

DL
Robert Geathers
Aaron Schobel
Leonard Little

LB
Bart Scott
Paul Posluszny
Angelo Crowell
Lance Briggs

DB
Deangelo Hall
Sean Taylor
Troy Polamalu

K
Rian Lindell

EDIT- Im not sure what position I also need to address. I like the look of my team. Any suggestions as to what I else I could ask for?

bsaza2358
08-03-2007, 02:52 PM
How is your IDP scored? That is helpful as well. I also need to know what this other guy has. How many IDP's can you start at a time?

bsaza2358
08-03-2007, 02:53 PM
Looking at your roster, it appears like you have a very solid QB situation, but a little issue with depth at WR. I don't like relying on rookie WR's. I think you need to ask for a WR back.

Billingsley26
08-03-2007, 03:00 PM
Looking at your roster, it appears like you have a very solid QB situation, but a little issue with depth at WR. I don't like relying on rookie WR's. I think you need to ask for a WR back.

Allright,

1QB
2RB
2WR
1TE
2DL
2LB
2DB

I dont have the scoring at hand but i can get it for you. Ya I felt the same way about rookie WR. In fact, at times I really dont like putting them in. But I feel different about Lynch. Ya my QB situation is GREAT. I may be able to swing a pretty good deal later on in the season using either of them. I picked up Bulger in the 5th I think, then in like the 15th round or so I saw Cutler still sitting there, so I jumped it. Ill get you his roster.

EDIT- His WR are Chad Johnson, Marvin Harrison, Sidney Rice and Kevin Curtis. Not crazy about either of the back-ups cuz he wont deal Chad or Marvin unless I give up a lot.

bsaza2358
08-03-2007, 03:28 PM
I would ask for Curtis. He's solid, and he's playing in a pass-first offense. Your IDP's look pretty good, actually. You should also be on the lookout for any spare RB's. You can't have just 3...

Billingsley26
08-03-2007, 03:29 PM
I would ask for Curtis. He's solid, and he's playing in a pass-first offense. Your IDP's look pretty good, actually. You should also be on the lookout for any spare RB's. You can't have just 3...

You really think I should go for Kevin Curits? Im a little weary about him, it seems that all he gets is the deep ball or nothing.

Ya, Im looking for another RB. I got a lot of talent on defense that is on my bench right now, so I could look to trade some of that away.

bsaza2358
08-03-2007, 03:42 PM
I'm an Eagles fan, and Curtis is pencilled in as the starter opposite Reggie Brown, with Avant and Baskett splitting time in the slot. Curtis is the deep speed threat, which means he's going to get his number called. I have no interest in steering you wrong here.

Newbs24
08-06-2007, 09:32 AM
Heres my nephews team that we picked tonight. I helped him out and my only problem was that I totally forgot that we already had Kitna and drafted Pennington. Not that big of a deal because nobody else was really around that I wanted at that point well heres the breakdown:

QB
Donovan McNabb
Jon Kitna
Chad Pennington
RB
Ladanian Tomlinson
Jamal Lewis
DeAngleo Williams
Tatum Bell
WR
Chad Johnson
Torry Holt
Chris Chambers
Dwayne Bowe
Jerry Porter
TE
Ben Watson
DEF/ST
NE Pats
K
Shayne Graham (Cincy)

I like the team but I may have to plan around Week 10 and 7 because that seems to be a BYE heavy week for him.

Forzy
08-07-2007, 01:02 AM
Here is my fantasy team, 12 team league on NFL.com, had the 6th pick.

QB: Matt Leinart
RB: Shaun Alexander
RB: Laurence Maroney
WR: Torry Holt
WR: Javon Walker
WR: Calvin Johnson
DST: Chargers

QB: Alex Smith
RB: Cadillac Williams
WR: Santonio Holmes
WR: Brandon Jones

Thoughts? Pretty happy with Alexander (1st Round) and Maroney (2nd Round) slipping to me. Also getting Cadillac as my 3rd RB in the 5th.

Couple of homer Titans picks at the end, only because nothin else was there that interested me.

Overall, I like my starting team, but maybe a little thin on the bench.

bsaza2358
08-07-2007, 08:34 AM
Heres my nephews team that we picked tonight. I helped him out and my only problem was that I totally forgot that we already had Kitna and drafted Pennington. Not that big of a deal because nobody else was really around that I wanted at that point well heres the breakdown:

QB
Donovan McNabb
Jon Kitna
Chad Pennington
RB
Ladanian Tomlinson
Jamal Lewis
DeAngleo Williams
Tatum Bell
WR
Chad Johnson
Torry Holt
Chris Chambers
Dwayne Bowe
Jerry Porter
TE
Ben Watson
DEF/ST
NE Pats
K
Shayne Graham (Cincy)

I like the team but I may have to plan around Week 10 and 7 because that seems to be a BYE heavy week for him.

If I were you, I'd drop a QB and try to pick up a better WR. You have a great top-2, then a lot of question marks. I would have more WR depth. If you can trade one of those QB's, go right ahead.

bsaza2358
08-07-2007, 08:37 AM

Thoughts? Pretty happy with Alexander (1st Round) and Maroney (2nd Round) slipping to me. Also getting Cadillac as my 3rd RB in the 5th.

Couple of homer Titans picks at the end, only because nothin else was there that interested me.

I like your team overall. Looks like you chose a very balanced approach, which is pretty excellent. Probably the best 12-man league team I've seen thusfar this season. Kudos.

Newbs24
08-08-2007, 11:59 AM
If I were you, I'd drop a QB and try to pick up a better WR. You have a great top-2, then a lot of question marks. I would have more WR depth. If you can trade one of those QB's, go right ahead.

Some moron in the league just dropped Vincent Jackson so I picked him up while dropping Pennington.

bsaza2358
08-08-2007, 01:03 PM
Excellent move. I dig.

alca1992
08-08-2007, 01:05 PM
I like your team overall. Looks like you chose a very balanced approach, which is pretty excellent. Probably the best 12-man league team I've seen thusfar this season. Kudos.

agree 100% its so balanced you have a great team

Billingsley26
08-08-2007, 03:05 PM

Thats not a bad team. But maybe it is just me, but Im not comfortable startting a rookie on my team. You have Calvin starting. First off, Im not sure how many catches he wil have early on. I knoe tht Williams and Furrey are going to be 1-2 going in, and CJ will come on later. We'll see, but if i were you I try and pick up a proven WR. You have Calvin, Brandon Jones and Santonio Holmes. All of whom are going to be good, just not yet.

UKfan
08-08-2007, 03:43 PM
My Team:
QB's
Drew Brees
Chad Pennington

WR's
T.J. Houshmandzadeh
Braylon Edwards
Santonio Holmes
Wes Welker

RB's
Joseph Addai
Travis Henry
Adrian Peterson (MIN)
Brandon Jackson

TE's
Tony Gonzalez
Benjamin Watson

K's
Josh Brown

DEF
Dallas
Denver

10 team Yahoo league, thoughts? I'm not terribly pleased with my WR's but other than that I didn't think it was bad

princefielder28
08-08-2007, 03:46 PM
I agree with your assessment. WR is pretty thin but you have potential with your RBs amd Brees is always a good choice

bsaza2358
08-08-2007, 03:50 PM
UK, your team is fine. Yes, your WR's could be better, but they're not hopeless. You have great depth at RB. In the end, you can probably deal RB's for WR's if you really need to.

scottyboy
08-08-2007, 04:44 PM
i dont normally do this stuff but... on sunday i have a league thats for $ with friends and will get VERY competitive. now its a 12 team league, i have pick 12.(last) now who should i target right now to be there? i know it depends on who falls, but just some ideas would help. I'm hoping Manning falls, but i doubt it. maybe a guy like Ronnie Brown? you start 1 QB, 1-3 RB's and 1-3 WR's(obv wont pick anything else in 1st 2 rounds) so what do you guys think i should look at? 2 RB's?

bsaza2358
08-08-2007, 04:49 PM
I would look RB/RB. You basically have to. You can reasonably assume that LT, LJ, S-Jax, Alexander, Addai, and Rudi Johnson can go in that top-6 range. Peyton may go in the top 10, but he'd be a fine #12/13 target. I'd cringe as I took him, but I'd do it in this case.

I would look for Brian Westbrook, McGahee, Edge, Peyton Manning, and Ronnie Brown (in no particular order). I have a feeling that Portis is a no go in this case.

scottyboy
08-08-2007, 04:52 PM
I would look RB/RB. You basically have to. You can reasonably assume that LT, LJ, S-Jax, Alexander, Addai, and Rudi Johnson can go in that top-6 range. Peyton may go in the top 10, but he'd be a fine #12/13 target. I'd cringe as I took him, but I'd do it in this case.

I would look for Brian Westbrook, McGahee, Edge, Peyton Manning, and Ronnie Brown (in no particular order). I have a feeling that Portis is a no go in this case.

as much as i dislike the eagles, i really like westbrook. i'd hate to see him do well from a giants fan's point of view, but he'd do great for fantasy. he and peyton would be pretty good...

Turtlepower
08-08-2007, 04:56 PM

Edge is definately a sleeper RB because now Russ Grim is around to improve the line and Ken Whisenhunt runs a predominately run-first offense.

bsaza2358
08-08-2007, 04:57 PM
I'm not certain that Westbrook will make it 12 picks. In many formats, I consider him a top-6 guy. That being said, Ronnie Brown is a solid option, and I like McGahee quite a bit. I would be looking to get 2-3 RB's/1 top WR and a top tier QB in the first 4 rounds. Guys who could fall and still make an excellent impact: Thomas Jones, Julius Jones, DeAngelo Williams, Jerrious Norwood, Ahman Green, Brandon Jackson, Adrian Peterson (Chicago).

bsaza2358
08-08-2007, 04:58 PM
Edge is definately a sleeper RB because now Russ Grim is around to improve the line and Ken Whisenhunt runs a predominately run-first offense.

He's not really a sleeper, but he could have a resurgence. Adding Levi Brown to that OLine was a good thing. With the passing game going as it should, Edge should see a lot of 7-man fronts. I'm not a huge fan of the OLine in Arizona right now, but I really like the coaching staff.

alca1992
08-08-2007, 05:49 PM
i get:
santonio holmes

he gets:
reuben droughns

now i havent offerd the trade yet but should i. droughns will be splitting time so i think this is good

BrownsTown
08-08-2007, 05:54 PM
i get:
santonio holmes

he gets:
reuben droughns

now i havent offerd the trade yet but should i. droughns will be splitting time so i think this is good

Droughns won't get as many carries near the end of the season, and Holmes is definately on the rise. Don't do it. Maybe if it was Holmes for Jacobs.

TimD
08-08-2007, 10:20 PM
peyton at 6?

Billingsley26
08-08-2007, 11:56 PM
peyton at 6?

I would take Peyton anywhere after LT, LJ S-Jack and Alexander are gone. Peyton is a guarnatee for 4000 yards and 40 TD's with minimal INT's. I would take him anywhere after 4.

TimD
08-09-2007, 12:13 AM
QB- Peyton Manning
RB- Maurice Drew-Jones
RB- Edgerrin James
WR- Andre Johnson
WR- Laveranues Coles
TE- Chris Cooley
RB/WR- Marion Barber III
K- Mike Nugent
Def/ST- Denver Broncos

B- Steve McNair
B- Cadillac Williams
B- Leon Washington
B- Anthony Thomas
B- Joey Galloway
B- Brandon Jones
B- Randy McMichaels
B- New York Jets

SuperMcGee
08-09-2007, 12:25 AM
I would take Peyton anywhere after LT, LJ S-Jack and Alexander are gone. Peyton is a guarnatee for 4000 yards and 40 TD's with minimal INT's. I would take him anywhere after 4.

40 TD guarantee? He's done it once.

UKfan
08-09-2007, 04:12 AM
QB: Donovan Mcnabb
WR: Larry Fitzgerald
WR: Andre Johnson
WR: Laveraneus Coles
RB: Travis Henry
TE: Chris Cooley
K: Jeff Wilkins
DEF: NE

BN: Vincent Jackson
BN: Fred Taylor
BN: L.J. Smith
BN: J.P. Losman
BN: Mike Furrey
BN: Green Bay

Another league I almost forgot was drafting this morning

Caddy
08-09-2007, 04:29 AM
Ok question. I have the number #1 overall pick in a dynasty draft and am tossing up between LT and Steven Jackson. I know LT is the consensus #1 RB in fantasy football but does Jackson's longevity make him a wiser pick?

bsaza2358
08-09-2007, 08:17 AM
LT has at least 4 more years left. He's decently under 30 and has never had an injury problem. That's like passing on Peyton Manning because Carson Palmer is younger. You take the best player.

Caddy
08-09-2007, 08:19 AM
LT has at least 4 more years left. He's decently under 30 and has never had an injury problem. That's like passing on Peyton Manning because Carson Palmer is younger. You take the best player.

That's what I've been thinking. LT is the obvious choice but I think considering other alternatives can be beneficial.

bsaza2358
08-09-2007, 08:37 AM
You have to take LT in any league right now. He is clear-cut the #1 overall guy.

cuzifelt1ikeit
08-09-2007, 03:10 PM
my league does defensive players so

willis mcgahee

for

ahman green
jon vilma
al harris
brandon stokley

UKfan
08-09-2007, 03:14 PM
Vincent Jackson for DeAngelo Williams?

I have Jackson

alca1992
08-09-2007, 03:19 PM
Vincent Jackson for DeAngelo Williams?

I have Jackson

no way dont do it jackson is probaly the #1 receiver for the chargers so no way

UKfan
08-09-2007, 03:23 PM
Yeah I figured as much, just short on RB depth a bit.

D-Unit
08-09-2007, 03:26 PM
Anyone know any Keeper League Strategies?

scottyboy
08-09-2007, 03:31 PM
Anyone know any Keeper League Strategies?

i like to go with a WR i know will produce year in and year out such as Holt, Harrison, even maybe driver and ocho cinco. RB's have alot of on and off years so they're hard to evaluate for keeper leagues. i feel i MUST get a top TE in keeper leagues, need either Gonzo, gates, or shockey. not alge b/c of harrington/vick as the QB. for RB's go with some youth, and a good goal lne back. thats just how i see it i guess

Eaglez.Fan
08-09-2007, 03:40 PM
I'd actually take Steven Jackson over LT if it is a keeper league. LT has been used alot in his time in the NFL, being the Chargers offense for a couple years on his own. Jackson's last year was kind of like LT's first big year then with a long string of excellent seasons. Jackson doesn't have near the use on his body also.

But you really can't go wrong with taking LT. It'd be very close for me, I'd actually CONSIDER Joseph Addai also, being very young, on the colts offense, and the ONLY runningback option.

And to add in there scottyboy, Alge has had nagging injuried this off-season, so I'd stay away from him anyways.

edit- And to D, here is some advice that might help http://footballoutsiders.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?t=107

Billingsley26
08-09-2007, 08:16 PM
my league does defensive players so

willis mcgahee

for

ahman green
jon vilma
al harris
brandon stokley

Yea, I would definately tke this one. I think that Ahman will outplay and outproduce Willis this season anyways. Plus your getting Vilma, Harris and Stokely.

cuzifelt1ikeit
08-10-2007, 08:16 AM
Yea, I would definately tke this one. I think that Ahman will outplay and outproduce Willis this season anyways. Plus your getting Vilma, Harris and Stokely.
thanks for the advice but thats what i would be giving up. but it didnt pan out the guy rejected..losing those 4 players wouldnt affect my team at all heres the rest of it

jay cutler
LT
reggie bush
javon walker
greg jennings
zach miller
shawn merriman
adailius thomas
ahmad brooks
champ bailey
charles tillman
brian dawkins
nick collins
bears d/st (only get points for ST in our league)

green
vilma
tatum bell
stovall
stokley
campbell
al harris
ben troupe
nick barnett
atoine bethea
roddy white
michael bennet

pacman jones and priest holmes on IR so technically dont count as a roster spot

alca1992
08-10-2007, 09:48 AM
Yeah I figured as much, just short on RB depth a bit.

whats your RB look like

alca1992
08-10-2007, 10:17 AM
Willis Mcgahee
Mushin Muhammed

for

calvin johnson
clinton portis

shouldi i offer this i have portis and CJ

BrownsTown
08-10-2007, 10:24 AM
Portis > McGahee and Johnson > Muhammed, IMO, so no.

bsaza2358
08-10-2007, 10:48 AM
Portis is not better than Willis. I think they both have flaws. Portis is dynamic, but he has Ladell Betts on his ass and hasn't been healthy lately. McGahee can be soft, and Baltimore's running game hasn't been that good in the past.

Johnson is probably better than Muhammed for this season.

bsaza2358
08-10-2007, 10:49 AM
Given that last bit of analysis, I'd rather keep Portis and Calvin for now. You're not getting enough of a boost.

BrownsTown
08-10-2007, 10:49 AM
I think people are making too much of Ladell Betts, I expect Portis to have a very good year.

bsaza2358
08-10-2007, 11:18 AM
I'm worried about Portis, and I consider McGahee and Portis to be relatively equal in value.

alca1992
08-10-2007, 11:28 AM
ok thanks guys

alca1992
08-10-2007, 03:43 PM
should i trade LJ?

i mean i hear he might holdout for a long time plus i hear hes not going to get as many as touches as he did last year. so should i milk him for whats hhes worth

and if you do think i should trade him who should i get in return

Eaglez.Fan
08-10-2007, 04:02 PM
If you could get Steven Jackson, LT, or Joseph Addai that's the only way I'd trade him. Or if your league counts catches, Brian Westbrook would be good also.

Billingsley26
08-10-2007, 05:51 PM
should i trade LJ?

i mean i hear he might holdout for a long time plus i hear hes not going to get as many as touches as he did last year. so should i milk him for whats hhes worth

and if you do think i should trade him who should i get in return

I can almost gaurantee you can milk this one. Last year I traded for LJ, and I had to give up Reggie Bush ,Deuce MCallister and DeAngelo Hall for him. I think it was worth it. I think you could probably get ALOT of good if tried to trade him.

I can gaurantee no one will trade LT or S-Jack from him 1-1, but if you can get it I would do it. If not I would try and pair like Willie Parker and another good WR perhaps. Guaranteed You could get Westbrook or Parker + more.

Billingsley26
08-10-2007, 06:51 PM
allright so im getting offered:

I give up
Brian Westbrook + Roy Williams

I get
Chad Johnson, Antonio Gates and one of Jamal Lewis, Cadila Williams or Edge.

Im kidna leaning towards not! Hear me out. Westbrook will beat out any of those 3 RB's, and I think that Roy Williams and Chad are pretty close. I dont know if its all worth getting Gates. I have LJ Smith and Randy Mcmichael. I think that I will be giving up more points than I would be getting.

alca1992
08-11-2007, 01:26 PM
i wouldnt do it but for me its kinda close

anyway on LJ some idiot offerd me

LJ

for

Brandon Jacobs
Donte Stallworth

of course i rejected it. but im thinging of ofeering this trade

LJ

for

Brian Westbrook
T.J. housmenzadhamswiweireifieit

do you thing he will accept it

Hines
08-11-2007, 02:00 PM
would you use a third pick to chose willie parker? and that is ahead of alexander and gore

princefielder28
08-11-2007, 02:05 PM
would you use a third pick to chose willie parker? and that is ahead of alexander and gore

It sounds like the Steelers are going to open up the offense a little bit and that mya affect the production of Parker, but if you don't feel confident in Gore healing up then by all means take Willie

Hines
08-11-2007, 02:12 PM
It sounds like the Steelers are going to open up the offense a little bit and that mya affect the production of Parker, but if you don't feel confident in Gore healing up then by all means take Willie

ya but hte steelers offense is gonna be like the colts as i have read..so he could still get 1500 plus get a lot of receptions

Go_Eagles77
08-11-2007, 02:12 PM
Someone just offered to trade me Devin Hester for Andre Johnson... lol

Anyway I just offered this trade

Larry Jonson, Cedric Benson, and Deion Branch for Steven Jackson and Laurence Maroney. His WRs are terrible and Deion Branch might be in store for a pretty good year, but I'd clearly be getting the better end of the deal especially if LJ sits out. Maroney > Benson too.

alca1992
08-11-2007, 02:15 PM
ok i just offerd him

LJ
Mushin Muhamed
for
Brian Westbrook
T.J. houssdnwffje

do you like the trade

Hines
08-11-2007, 02:16 PM
ok i just offerd him

LJ
Mushin Muhamed
for
Brian Westbrook
T.J. houssdnwffje

do you like the trade

i like that trade..tj is a number 1 anywhere besides cinci and westbrook is a hella goodback..mushin lost it now..i like the trade

GoinDeepWithCJ
08-11-2007, 02:31 PM
This is my team, any comments.

QB - Tom Brady
QB - Alex Smith
RB - Thomas Jones
RB - Marshawn Lynch
RB - Marion Barber III
RB - Dominic Rhodes
RB - Leon Washington
WR - Marvin Harrison
WR - Hines Ward
WR - Joe Horn
WR - Mike Furrey
TE - Jason Witten
TE - Tony Sheffler
K - Mike Nugent
DEF - San Diego Chargers
DEF - Jacksonville
DL - Terrell Suggs
DL - Ernie Sims
DB - Champ Bailey
DB - Asante Samuel

alca1992
08-11-2007, 02:52 PM
should i offer this trade

Steve Smith
for
Mark Clayton
New England Def.

i have oakland so i was thinking it can be a good trade

Eaglez.Fan
08-11-2007, 02:54 PM
If you have Steve Smith I wouldn't do it.

alca1992
08-11-2007, 02:59 PM
i have mark clayton and new eng.

Eaglez.Fan
08-11-2007, 03:02 PM
Then you can offer it but if I doubt he accepts.

keylime_5
08-11-2007, 03:42 PM
I drafted LJ too. Listen, don't worry about the stupid holdout, he'll be out there on the field week 1 and he'll get his 350 carries or so. He is still the workhorse of that offense and KC knows that without him they are a 5 or 6 win team. He'll sit out most of camp and then show up late August and worries over. It happens every year, it's not like LJ is gonna sit out 10 weeks of the year when he's 28 years old in his prime. He should be good for 1500+ yds/13+ TDs and the spot you drafted him at. Unless someone is willing to dump Jackson or LT in your lap for LJ and maybe a mediocre #2 or 3 WR, keep him.

scottyboy
08-11-2007, 08:14 PM
anyone think Holt will fall to me in the 3rd round with pick 12?(12 team league). i think 1st pick in the 2nd round may be too high, but depending how the draft shakes out...

fenikz
08-11-2007, 08:36 PM
i just got done doing my 1st fantasy football draft, how did i do?

QB Phillip Rivers
RB LaDainian Thomlinson
RB Willis McGahee
WR Chad Johnson
WR Andre Johnson
WR Mark Clayton
TE Alge Crumpler
B Jay Cutler QB
B DeAngelo Williams RB
B Kevin Curtis WR
B Ted Ginn Jr. WR
B Heath Miller TE

Defense
New England
B Philadelphia

K Niel Rackers

yahoo 12 team league

how did i do?

Hines
08-11-2007, 08:37 PM

QB Phillip Rivers
RB LaDainian Thomlinson
RB Willis McGahee
WR Chad Johnson
WR Andre Johnson
WR Mark Clayton
TE Alge Crumpler
B Jay Cutler QB
B DeAngelo Williams RB
B Kevin Curtis WR
B Ted Ginn Jr. WR
B Heath Miller TE

Defense/ST
New England
B Philadelphia

K Niel Rackers

how did i do?

i really like your team

alca1992
08-11-2007, 09:57 PM
anyone think Holt will fall to me in the 3rd round with pick 12?(12 team league). i think 1st pick in the 2nd round may be too high, but depending how the draft shakes out...

i highly dought it but you can still get player like reggie wayne, T.J., or andre johnson

fenikz
08-12-2007, 03:41 AM
In my draft Torry Holt went round 3 pick 3, 12 team draft. I got Andre Johnson on the last pick of the 4th round

awfullyquiet
08-12-2007, 04:10 AM

QB Phillip Rivers
RB LaDainian Thomlinson
RB Willis McGahee
WR Chad Johnson
WR Andre Johnson
WR Mark Clayton
TE Alge Crumpler
B Jay Cutler QB
B DeAngelo Williams RB
B Kevin Curtis WR
B Ted Ginn Jr. WR
B Heath Miller TE

Defense
New England
B Philadelphia

K Niel Rackers

yahoo 12 team league

how did i do?

LT: 2000yds, 20TD's. (and had a streak of like 4 multi-TD games)
willis: behind baltimore's o-line. that's a one-two punch of death.
three good recievers...
what was your draft order... then you can say how well it went. what you get good value for et al. but, you got some power there. hopefully zona will put a few points ont he board and get rackers some points.
TE = fine, it's normally gates/gonzo and that's it. there's no talent after that (as conventional wisdom says) although i think that's a lie and you're gonna find some in vernon davis and greg olson this year (if olson is on the FA list, grab him over heath)... defense is the same. NE is a decent bet... they're good for max 150 points a season...

overall it looks decent. very AFC heavy though, which IMO is a shame.

jsagan77
08-12-2007, 05:25 AM
Howd I do? We did a draft where we picked different every 2 rounds. I was in the latter half each time.

QB Jason Campbell
WR Randy Moss
WR Laveranues Coles
RB Reggie Bush
RB Ronnie Brown
TE Cooley
W/T Troy Williamson
W/R Clinton Portis
K Rackers
D Chicago

BN Favre
BN Isaac Bruce
BN Curry
BN Toomer
BN Welker
BN Brandon Jones
BN Marice Stoval

The question is, who to start in that flex spot? I think that Williamson will have a big year but I think that I have a few good WR on the BN. I actually took Reggie Bush before Westbrook or Addai and I don't know why. I wouldn't normally do that but I think that with PPR he is going to have a huge year.

I think I have a boom or bust team. I'm happy with my RB's, recievers, K, TE, D, but I think my QB spot is very iffy. Who should I start in my WR/TE spot out of all these receivers? Anyone have any advice?

RoyHall#1
08-12-2007, 10:58 AM
I'm in a custom draft with 8 teams. Looking at what positions are being taken, I was surprised to see that there are 2 QB's starting. Standard 2 RB's, 3 WR's and a TE were there, no flex. So how should this affect where I draft QB's do you think? How high would you take Manning?

princefielder28
08-12-2007, 11:15 AM
I'm in a custom draft with 8 teams. Looking at what positions are being taken, I was surprised to see that there are 2 QB's starting. Standard 2 RB's, 3 WR's and a TE were there, no flex. So how should this affect where I draft QB's do you think? How high would you take Manning?

I'd take Manning after LT and Steven Jackson

jriles0522
08-12-2007, 03:59 PM
QB- Peyton Manning
RB- Maroney
RB- Thomas Jones
WR- Reggie Wayne
WR- Plaxico Burress
TE- Vernon Davis
K- David Akers
DEF- Pittsburgh

Backups

QB- Romo
RB- Lamont Jordan
RB- Cadillac
WR- Devery Henderson
WR- Reggie Brown
TE- Ben Troupe
DEF- Dallas

Crazy_Chris
08-12-2007, 04:53 PM

I'd take Manning after LT and Steven Jackson

I wouldn't quite take Manning after LT and Jackson but in a 8 man draft you can get away with drafting manning higher than normally should i'd say if i was pick 5 or later i would give serious consideration to taking manning.

princefielder28
08-12-2007, 08:42 PM
I wouldn't quite take Manning after LT and Jackson but in a 8 man draft you can get away with drafting manning higher than normally should i'd say if i was pick 5 or later i would give serious consideration to taking manning.

He starts 2 QBs though are there are not too many in the league that put up big numbers outside of Manning, Brees, Palmer, Brady, and Bulger

scottyboy
08-12-2007, 08:44 PM
i was gonna ask for help, but the clock was too fast. with Rudi, Brown and Westbrook there with b2b picks, i took Rudi and Ronnie.

Ronnie was my 1st choice and went with Rudi b/c many teams will be focused on the passing game, and sorry bsaza, i just cant find myself rooting for an eagle or the team haah

RoyHall#1
08-12-2007, 08:45 PM
I'm taking Manning after LT, Jackson and Gore are gone. I'm also going to seriously consider Palmer anywhere after 10th, especially if I don't get Manning.

RoyHall#1
08-12-2007, 08:48 PM
i was gonna ask for help, but the clock was too fast. with Rudi, Brown and Westbrook there with b2b picks, i took Rudi and Ronnie.

Ronnie was my 1st choice and went with Rudi b/c many teams will be focused on the passing game, and sorry bsaza, i just cant find myself rooting for an eagle or the team haah

Doh, Scotty! Westbrook should go 5 spots ahead of both of those IMO... him being a recieving threat as well with a healthy Mcnabb to throw to him... I would've taken Johnson along with him.

princefielder28
08-12-2007, 08:49 PM

Westbrook is a threat out of the backfield more than either of those two so he would've been my first choice. My second choice would've been Ronnie brown b/c he is going to be the heart of the Dolphins offense with uncertainty at QB. Rudi Johnson has to compete with one of the best passing games in the league and he has endured a ton of carries over the last 3 years so I'm kinda afraid that his tires may be ready to pop.

scottyboy
08-12-2007, 08:52 PM
roy and princey, i know. i took that into consideration, but just thought the iggles may revert back to pass happy O(doubt it though...). it was a tough choice, but i think Rudi will get some short yardage TD's.

TimD
08-12-2007, 08:58 PM
i have peyton... someone proposed me brian westbrook and larry fitz for peyton... my rbs are modrejones, edge, leon washington, marion barber, nd caddy... my wrs are coles, andre johnson, joey galloway... and my only other qb is mcnair... should i?

scottyboy
08-12-2007, 08:59 PM
i have peyton... someone proposed me brian westbrook and larry fitz for peyton... my rbs are modrejones, edge, leon washington, marion barber, nd caddy... my wrs are coles, andre johnson, joey galloway... and my only other qb is mcnair... should i?

NO NO NO way at all. you keep manning, instead of starting air mcnair

princefielder28
08-12-2007, 09:00 PM

agree, you don't want to be starting no air mcnair

Billingsley26
08-12-2007, 09:01 PM
Howd I do? We did a draft where we picked different every 2 rounds. I was in the latter half each time.

QB Jason Campbell
WR Randy Moss
WR Laveranues Coles
RB Reggie Bush
RB Ronnie Brown
TE Cooley
W/T Troy Williamson
W/R Clinton Portis
K Rackers
D Chicago

BN Favre
BN Isaac Bruce
BN Curry
BN Toomer
BN Welker
BN Brandon Jones
BN Marice Stoval

The question is, who to start in that flex spot? I think that Williamson will have a big year but I think that I have a few good WR on the BN. I actually took Reggie Bush before Westbrook or Addai and I don't know why. I wouldn't normally do that but I think that with PPR he is going to have a huge year.

I think I have a boom or bust team. I'm happy with my RB's, recievers, K, TE, D, but I think my QB spot is very iffy. Who should I start in my WR/TE spot out of all these receivers? Anyone have any advice?

Looking at this team, you have several question marks to me! Im not crazy about Jason Campbell, from what I hear about Randy Moss, I wont give him more than 40 catches, and that may be a stretch as well. Your RB's are nice, I am not crazy about Williamson (call me crazy, but hes from South Carolina, and hes got Tarvarris Jackson throwing the ball, not great). Your other flex I almost take out Williamson for Brandon Jones. I think he will be the #1 in Denver.

Other than that, not bad.

HoopsDemon12
08-12-2007, 09:02 PM
K i just had my first ever fantasy draft and i dont reeally like the way my roster turned out... what do ytou guys think abotu it

QB: Peyton Manning
RB: MJD
RB: Reggie Bush
WR: Santana Moss
TE: Antonio Gates
K: Ryan Lindell
DEF: San Deigo
D: Demeco Ryans
D: Adalius Thomas
DB: Champ Bailey
DB: DeAngelo Hall
DL: Julius Peppers
DL: Aaron Schobel

Bench :
TE - Kellen Winslow
QB - Brett Farve
RB - Adrian Peterson
RB - Jerious Norwood (both my starters have the same bye week)
DEF - Dallas
DB - Nnamdi Asomugha

TimD
08-12-2007, 09:02 PM

yeh qbs are really valuable in our league... after LT nd SJax peyton had the most points... and last yrs winner had peyton... its 1 point per 25 yds plus 6 per td... nd a 5 point bonus after 400 yds

Billingsley26
08-12-2007, 09:03 PM

HHHHHHEEEEELLLLLLLLLLL NO! You never take that trade. Manning is so consistent and good for YARDS and TD's along with minimal INT"s. Your RB's seem pretty good as it is. NEVER!

scottyboy
08-12-2007, 09:04 PM
guys just picked Brandon Jacobs with thelast pick in the THIRD ROUND! follwed by lee evans(andre johnson picked the PICK BEFORE ME!! :() you start 8 guys, a QB, TE, K, D and combo of 1-3 RB's and 1-3 WR's

so far i've got BJ, Ronnie, Rudi and Lee.

thoughts?

princefielder28
08-12-2007, 09:07 PM
guys just picked Brandon Jacobs with thelast pick in the THIRD ROUND! follwed by lee evans(andre johnson picked the PICK BEFORE ME!! :() you start 8 guys, a QB, TE, K, D and combo of 1-3 RB's and 1-3 WR's

thoughts?

how many person league????

scottyboy
08-12-2007, 09:08 PM
how many person league????

12. i almost cried when i saw jacobs fall that far. i did cry when johnson was picked the pick before me.

Billingsley26
08-12-2007, 09:08 PM

thoughts?

I stil think not taking Westbrook in the 1st will KILL you. Ronnie Brown to me is a question mark. I see Miami right now as a sinking ship. I dont expect much out of the them. If you ask me a backfield with Rudi and Westbrook would be insane. Rudi is good for like 75 yards and a TD every game. Not bad tho either way. Keep it up.

princefielder28
08-12-2007, 09:09 PM
12. i almost cried when i saw jacobs fall that far. i did cry when johnson was picked the pick before me.

I'm just concerned with Lee evans as your #1 wideout

scottyboy
08-12-2007, 09:11 PM
I'm just concerned with Lee evans as your #1 wideout

im thinking trading for Holt, and im eyeing Plax, Driver and Boldin.

scottyboy
08-12-2007, 09:25 PM
well, just grabbed Donald Driver with the last pick of the 5th round, and Shockey right after him(big run on TE's)

so now my team is
Ronnie, Rudi, BJ, Evans, Driver, Shockey.

however, a Run on D's just started, i may be screwed there...

princefielder28
08-12-2007, 09:29 PM
well, just grabbed Donald Driver with the last pick of the 5th round, and Shockey right after him(big run on TE's)

so now my team is
Ronnie, Rudi, BJ, Evans, Driver, Shockey.

however, a Run on D's just started, i may be screwed there...

wait on defense and grab them later, solidify your core players

scottyboy
08-12-2007, 09:37 PM
im thinking QB with one of my next picks, the guys that are GONE are
P. Manning, Brady, Carson, Brees, Bulger, Kitna(WTF?), McNabb, Young, Leinart, and matt Hasslebeck. not sure who to get, thinking maybe Favre, but INT's hurt alot, i may go Eli, but refer to my Favre statement...

princefielder28
08-12-2007, 09:39 PM
P. Manning, Brady, Carson, Brees, Bulger, Kitna(WTF?), McNabb, Young, Leinart, and matt Hasslebeck. not sure who to get, thinking maybe Favre, but INT's hurt alot, i may go Eli, but refer to my Favre statement...

Mr. Rivers should be your choice

Hines
08-12-2007, 09:41 PM
heres my stacked roster

qb:matt hasslebeck
rb:steven jackson
rb:clinton portis
wr:marvin harrison
wr:tory holt
wr:calvin johson
te:alge crumpler

bench:
qb jay cutler
rb marion barber
wr mark clayton
te owen daniels

k jason elem

def philly
def az

defensive players:
t sizzle
shaun phillips
brian dawkins
troy polamalu
urlacher
demarcus ware
laron landry

i know its beastly and stacked

scottyboy
08-12-2007, 09:42 PM
heres my stacked roster

qb:matt hasslebeck
rb:steven jackson
rb:clinton portis
wr:marvin harrison
wr:tory holt
wr:calvin johson
te:alge crumpler

bench:
qb jay cutler
rb marion barber
wr mark clayton
te owen daniels

k jason elem

def philly
def az

defensive players:
t sizzle
shaun phillips
brian dawkins
troy polamalu
urlacher
demarcus ware
laron landry

i know its beastly and stacked

a 2 team league with a 5 year old? or GRF? thats the only possibility i came up with

duckseason
08-12-2007, 09:43 PM
I'd say it's between Rivers, Romo and Cutler

edit- or Roethlisberger

I'd go with Rivers or Romo.

scottyboy
Mr. Rivers should be your choice

he was just picked, 4 before me...

Hines
a 2 team league with a 5 year old? or GRF? thats the only possibility i came up with

no just people who didnt show up and peopl wtih dumbasses

ask hoops demon he was in my league

Jonathan_VIlma
08-12-2007, 09:45 PM
Twelve team league, how is my team?

QB - Vince Young
RB - Willis McGahee
RB - Thomas Jones
WR - Larry Fitzgerald
WR - Braylon Edwards
WR - Greg Jennings
TE - Kellen Winslow
D/ST - Jets D/ST
K - Nate Kaeding

Bench:
RB - Carnell Williams
QB - Matt Leinart
QB - J.P. Losman
WR - Brandon Marshall
TE - Greg Olsen
K - Mike Nugent
D/ST - Raiders D/ST

scottyboy
08-12-2007, 09:45 PM
my bad, romo was gone too, big ben and cutler just got picked

duckseason
08-12-2007, 09:46 PM
my bad, romo was gone too, big ben and cutler just got picked
Wow. Hmm. I'd probably go with Eli then.

scottyboy
08-12-2007, 09:47 PM
ok, i went Eli and depth at WR with Braylon. may regret the braylon pick, but we'll see

ripdw27
08-12-2007, 10:09 PM
edit: im weak at RB. im lookin to trade larry fitz and vernon davis for reggie bush. should i pull the trigger on this

HoopsDemon12
08-12-2007, 10:24 PM
K i just had my first ever fantasy draft and i dont reeally like the way my roster turned out... what do ytou guys think abotu it

QB: Peyton Manning
RB: MJD
RB: Reggie Bush
WR: Santana Moss
TE: Antonio Gates
K: Ryan Lindell
DEF: San Deigo
D: Demeco Ryans
D: Adalius Thomas
DB: Champ Bailey
DB: DeAngelo Hall
DL: Julius Peppers
DL: Aaron Schobel

Bench :
TE - Kellen Winslow
QB - Brett Farve
RB - Adrian Peterson
RB - Jerious Norwood (both my starters have the same bye week)
DEF - Dallas
DB - Nnamdi Asomugha

Ya this team is in teh same league as HinesWards

ripdw27
08-12-2007, 10:37 PM
my roster after the bush trade:

QB - Carson Palmer
QB - Jay Cutler
HB - Cadillac Williams
HB - Reggie Bush
HB - Travis Henry
WR - Chad Johnson
WR - Roy Williams
WR - Javon Walker
n so on

scottyboy
08-12-2007, 10:48 PM
well, i finished all my picks, and have an agreement for a trade which i am most likely getting ripped off in but I'm tired and a homer.

QB's: Eli, Alex Smith
RB's: Ronnie, Rudi, BJ, and trade agreement for Leonard
WR's: Evans, Driver,Edwards(traded for Leonard), Amani Toomer
TE's: Shockey, Heath Miller
D's: Giants, Dolphins
K: Matt Stover.

i am strong at RB and can start as many as 3, and as little as 1 WR. Still will look to sign a WR later, still some decent ones left...

Crazy_Chris
08-12-2007, 11:09 PM
did you seriously just trade Braylon Edwards for only Brian Leonard? I like Leonard but with Jackson in front of him he won't get enough touches per game to be of much good to you.

Crazy_Chris
08-12-2007, 11:11 PM
my roster after the bush trade:

QB - Carson Palmer
QB - Jay Cutler
HB - Cadillac Williams
HB - Reggie Bush
HB - Travis Henry
WR - Chad Johnson
WR - Roy Williams
WR - Javon Walker n so on

Thats an absolute BEAST of a WR corp. Damn!

bsaza2358
08-13-2007, 08:30 AM
Brian Leonard for a starting WR who had 6 TD's on a bad team last year? Come on!

princefielder28
08-13-2007, 09:11 AM
did you seriously just trade Braylon Edwards for only Brian Leonard? I like Leonard but with Jackson in front of him he won't get enough touches per game to be of much good to you.

that's taking homerism to a new extreme

bsaza2358
08-13-2007, 09:33 AM
Agreed. Just plain sick.

bsaza2358
08-13-2007, 09:40 AM
Getting on to more important topics, I am trying to plan out my draft for a keeper league that I run. It's a 2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 flex, 1 TE, 2 K , 2 D league with 12 teams. Keeper system is based on round value, but it doesn't affect this scenario. I drew the #9 pick. Bigger name time keepers include: LJ, Ronnie Brown, Reggie Bush, Maroney, Addai, Jones-Drew, Gore, Thomas Jones, and Willie Parker.

As the #9 pick, I'm assuming that the following players will be gone for sure: Peyton Manning, LT, Stephen Jackson, Brian Westbrook, Rudi Johnson, and Shaun Alexander. That leave a lot of the top QB's, Edge, Portis, and McGahee left for me. I have surmised that I can get a better QB in the second round, so I'm more focused on RB's at the moment. Assuming I'm looking at those 3 (Portis, McGahee, and Edge), which one should I take?

Eaglez.Fan
08-13-2007, 10:52 AM
Do u get a point for catches? And Are Addai, Ronnie Brown etc.. available also?

If so I'd definatley take Addai. He'll be in the best offense untill Manning retires, he has no other competition at RB. His backups are undrafted free-agents. If u get points for catches, I'd take Bush if Addai was gone.

Out of the three u mentioned, I'd take Edge. Specially in a keeper league. Even though he is not young his other weapons are and when Leinart, Fitz, and Boldin become amazing he'll get alot of FP.

princefielder28
08-13-2007, 11:34 AM
Getting on to more important topics, I am trying to plan out my draft for a keeper league that I run. It's a 2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 flex, 1 TE, 2 K , 2 D league with 12 teams. Keeper system is based on round value, but it doesn't affect this scenario. I drew the #9 pick. Bigger name time keepers include: LJ, Ronnie Brown, Reggie Bush, Maroney, Addai, Jones-Drew, Gore, Thomas Jones, and Willie Parker.

As the #9 pick, I'm assuming that the following players will be gone for sure: Peyton Manning, LT, Stephen Jackson, Brian Westbrook, Rudi Johnson, and Shaun Alexander. That leave a lot of the top QB's, Edge, Portis, and McGahee left for me. I have surmised that I can get a better QB in the second round, so I'm more focused on RB's at the moment. Assuming I'm looking at those 3 (Portis, McGahee, and Edge), which one should I take?

I would select McGahee. For starters he just signed that long term deal so he'll be with the team for quite some time. The Ravens QB situation is a bit hazy with McNair as the starter for the time being but there is no long answer for them at that position meaning Willis will get his carries now and when a youngster takes over. The Ravens always have a very solid offensive line and with the additions of Grubbs and Gaither they have young replacements in place.

Portis is a good back, but he battled big time injuries last year, and he has never really lived up to his billing since moving from Denver to Washington. Edge does have three more years left in Arizona, but it'll be a while before the line in front of him can give him enough holes to be a big time success. I know Grimm is there as the OC but the players have to be there too to be successful. Plus, I would not be suprised to see the Cards bring in a young, future back to complement Edge and keep him fresh.

bsaza2358
08-13-2007, 12:18 PM
Do u get a point for catches? And Are Addai, Ronnie Brown etc.. available also?

If so I'd definatley take Addai. He'll be in the best offense untill Manning retires, he has no other competition at RB. His backups are undrafted free-agents. If u get points for catches, I'd take Bush if Addai was gone.

Out of the three u mentioned, I'd take Edge. Specially in a keeper league. Even though he is not young his other weapons are and when Leinart, Fitz, and Boldin become amazing he'll get alot of FP.

I listed the guys who were kept. We get .5 points per reception in the league with standard yardage a 6 points per TD across the board.

RoyHall#1
08-13-2007, 12:26 PM
Larry Johnson?

bsaza2358
08-13-2007, 12:32 PM
I gave a list of guys who are kept in my initial post...

princefielder28
08-13-2007, 02:04 PM
I gave a list of guys who are kept in my initial post...

Go Willis!!!!

bsaza2358
08-13-2007, 02:08 PM
I initially targeted Willis, so you and I are on the same page. I'm pretty sure he'll be there. It is possible that some other guys will fall, like Rudi Johnson or maybe Alexander. In a 2 QB league, Carson Palmer and Tom Brady could easily go.

scottyboy
08-13-2007, 03:23 PM
simmer down guys, it was late last night. I'm renegotiating with the guy. haha but still, that was a big homerism move right there...

bsaza2358
08-13-2007, 03:34 PM
Um, yeah. You should be given a warning from this site for "extreme douchebaggery" if you made that trade. If you have such a thing for Leonard, just wait for him to be dropped. I guarantee it will happen.

scottyboy
08-13-2007, 03:39 PM
yea it was late last night, i know how bad it was. i rejected it in an email and told him why, kinda lessening Leonard's value, saying how he wont get many touches and such, hoping to either trade Heath Miller for him(Dallas Clark was just cut, and would be my #2 TE) or wait for him to be dropped...

bsaza2358
08-13-2007, 03:46 PM
Just wait for the drop if you really think he'll be effective.

Crazy_Chris
08-13-2007, 06:13 PM
I don't really like any of those options for a keeper. But if i had to chose i'd go with Willis McGahee.

alca1992
08-13-2007, 07:20 PM
reggie wayne
jay cutler
for
drew brees
randy mcmicheal

i have brees. i think i can trick him

Billingsley26
08-13-2007, 09:30 PM
reggie wayne
jay cutler
for
drew brees
randy mcmicheal

hell yea, if you got brees and macmichael, then i will do this in a second. I think Cutler will break out big time this year, and we all know about Reggie Wayne. A stud through and through.

bsaza2358
08-14-2007, 08:00 AM
reggie wayne
jay cutler
for
drew brees
randy mcmicheal

If you think Cutler is the real deal, you make this deal. However, fantasy leagues are won and lost with QB's and RB's. WR's don't touch the ball consistently enough to really make a week-to-week impact. It's all about QB and RB. 150%. If you think Brees is going to fall off and that Cutler will be the man, then do it because Wayne is still a good fantasy player.

bsaza2358
08-14-2007, 08:00 AM
I don't really like any of those options for a keeper. But if i had to chose i'd go with Willis McGahee.

Keep in mind that I run a round-based keeper system, so first round picks cannot be kept, second rounders become firsts, etc. This is picking BPA for rounds 1 and 2.

kalbears13
08-14-2007, 11:18 AM
My starting QB is Phillip Rivers and my backup is Jay Cutler. Should I trade Cutler and Marques Colston for Alex Smith and Steve Smith?

bsaza2358
08-14-2007, 11:30 AM
Absolutely make that deal. Smith vs. Cutler as a backup QB is negligible (though Cutler has more upside). Steve Smith (Carolina) is a more explosive weapon than Colston.

SuperMcGee
08-14-2007, 12:43 PM
I could use some help on grabbing a waiver QB and TE. If you could just give me the top 3 or so guys you'd take form the list of who's available I'd appreciate it. It's a keeper but I'm not looking at that aspect extensively right now at QB. TE I'd like to based on who's available but I need immediate production.

QB:
Grossman
Roethlisberger
Pennignton
J. Campbell
Leftwich
A. Smith
Delhomme
Garcia
Schaub
T. Green
McNair
T. Jackson

TE:
Watson
H. Miller
Dallas Clark
Eric Johnson
anyone on Chicago, Tennessee, Jacksonville, or Denver
Zach Miller
Anyone else you think may be available.

bsaza2358
08-14-2007, 12:48 PM
QB:
Grossman
Roethlisberger
Pennignton
J. Campbell
Leftwich
A. Smith
Delhomme
Garcia
Schaub
T. Green
McNair
T. Jackson

TE:
Watson
H. Miller
Dallas Clark
Eric Johnson
Zach Miller

In terms of best immediate QB production, I would look first at Big Ben, Pennington, and Alex Smith. They're not flashy, but they're competent and make few mistakes.

TE's on that list, I'd look first at Dallas Clark. He will have some inconsistent production, but if he's open, he'll get the ball. Nothing wrong with Heath Miller. Depending on the injury report about LJ Smith, you should consider stashing Brent Celek on your "watch" list. Marcedes Lewis on Jacksonville could be very solid. Tony Scheffler on Denver is interesting as well. Also look at Owen Daniels from the Texans.

princefielder28
08-14-2007, 03:36 PM
Absolutely make that deal. Smith vs. Cutler as a backup QB is negligible (though Cutler has more upside). Steve Smith (Carolina) is a more explosive weapon than Colston.

Thats right and thats the way to go

scottyboy
08-14-2007, 03:43 PM
ok getting over my now non trade for Leonard, my team looks like this

QB: Eli, Alex Smtih
RB: Ronnie, Rudi, BJ
WR: Driver, Evans, Braylon, Amani Toomer
TE: Shockey, Heath Miller
K: Matt Stover
D's: Giants, Miami.

thinking of dropping Miller for a RB. thoughts?

princefielder28
08-14-2007, 03:45 PM
ok getting over my now non trade for Leonard, my team looks like this

QB: Eli, Alex Smtih
RB: Ronnie, Rudi, BJ
WR: Driver, Evans, Braylon, Amani Toomer
TE: Shockey, Heath Miller
K: Matt Stover
D's: Giants, Miami.

thinking of dropping Miller for a RB. thoughts?

drop the Gaints defense, add a running back that way

scottyboy
08-14-2007, 03:47 PM
drop the Gaints defense, add a running back that way

I like carrying 2 D's though. its nice to match up when say the Giants are playing the Redskins. I will drop one eventually considering they have the same bye, and I'll prob drop the Giants...

princefielder28
08-14-2007, 03:48 PM
I like carrying 2 D's though. its nice to match up when say the Giants are playing the Redskins. I will drop one eventually considering they have the same bye, and I'll prob drop the Giants...

what FA RBs are there????

scottyboy
08-14-2007, 03:59 PM
what FA RBs are there????

not much really. tiki is LOL. chris perry interests me, same with Pittman(TB), Rhodes and Anthony Thomas(buf)

Billingsley26
08-14-2007, 08:37 PM
I could use some help on grabbing a waiver QB and TE. If you could just give me the top 3 or so guys you'd take form the list of who's available I'd appreciate it. It's a keeper but I'm not looking at that aspect extensively right now at QB. TE I'd like to based on who's available but I need immediate production.

QB:
Grossman
Roethlisberger
Pennignton
J. Campbell
Leftwich
A. Smith
Delhomme
Garcia
Schaub
T. Green
McNair
T. Jackson

TE:
Watson
H. Miller
Dallas Clark
Eric Johnson
Zach Miller

Allright SuperMcgee!

For QB's, I would have to go with Roethlisberger and Alex Smith. Big Ben could have much more opportunities to pass this year or so they say. Alex Smith got alot better last year with minimal weapons. Hes now older and has much more weapons. I think he wil break out as well.

As for TE, I would take Ben Watson first. He started slow last year, but Brady looked to him much more as the season went on. From what I hear Stallworth is still battling with injuries, Moss is still the same Moss he always was. I dont think Moss is more than 40 catches this year. I think that Brady will look to Ben Watson alot more this year. Considering he is the strting TE.

Crazy_Chris
08-14-2007, 08:46 PM

QB:
Grossman
Roethlisberger
Pennignton
J. Campbell
Leftwich
A. Smith
Delhomme
Garcia
Schaub
T. Green
McNair
T. Jackson

TE:
Watson
H. Miller
Dallas Clark
Eric Johnson
Zach Miller

IMO for Quaterbacks start with Big Ben pitt is going to look to the passing game more this year and i think Big Ben is going to bounce back by have a nice year. Next i would go with McNair he shouldn't be anything great but he will be solid this year. Than Alex Smith because he could have a big year.

for TE id go Heath Miller, Benjamin Watson, then Dallas Clark. Although a sleeper could be Eric Johnson he could have a very nice year in New Orleans Offense

RonnieRun23
08-15-2007, 01:09 AM
I have Randy Moss, and someone offered me Santana Moss. Should I do it?

Crazy_Chris
08-15-2007, 01:30 AM
No not just for Santana Moss I wouldn't

bsaza2358
08-15-2007, 08:20 AM
I don't like Randy Moss for fantasy too much. I like Santana Moss better in his role. I see it as a potentially equal deal. If you're not a Randy Moss fan, you make the deal.

UKfan
08-15-2007, 09:18 AM
LT
Thomas Jones
Marshawn Lynch
Chester Taylor
Marvin Harrison
Chad Johnson
Laveraneus Coles
Joe Horn
Philip Rivers
Jay Cutler
L.J Smith
Randy McMichael
Stephen Gostkowski
Chicago
Denver

Overall I like the team except TE, I've been offered Greg Olsen for Randy McMichael, would you accept?

princefielder28
08-15-2007, 09:22 AM
Don't do the trade; Olsen is a big play threat at TE for the Bears and they don't have many weapons as it is and McMichael in the Rams offense is 4th or 5th option at best

bsaza2358
08-15-2007, 09:34 AM
I agree. I don't see any reason to trade second rate TE's. What's the benefit?

rainbeaukid2
08-15-2007, 09:51 AM
what do you guys think of my team? in my league, you start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 D, 1 K

Matt Leinart
Alex Smith

Frank Gore
Reggie Bush
Jerious Norwood
Lendale White

Anquan Boldin
Hines Ward
Torry Holt
Vincent Jackson
Wes Welker

Vernon Davis
Ben Troupe

Steelers D
Colts D

Neil Rackers

princefielder28
08-15-2007, 09:54 AM
Gore and Bush are a good 1,2 punch at RB and then Holt, Boldin, and Ward at wideout is very nice as well.

RoyHall#1
08-15-2007, 10:26 AM
Don't do the trade; Olsen is a big play threat at TE for the Bears and they don't have many weapons as it is and McMichael in the Rams offense is 4th or 5th option at best

Doesn't he have Mcmichael? I'd do the trade.

princefielder28
08-15-2007, 10:31 AM
Doesn't he have Mcmichael? I'd do the trade.

Yeah, I realized that I read it wrong.....so do it

steelernation77
08-15-2007, 06:02 PM
Who should I start week one?

Jon Kitna against Oakland or
Jay Cutler against Buffalo

Also, my top four wr's are:
Larry Fitzgerald
Javon Walker
Hines Ward
Santonio Holmes

My league plays 3 WRs. I have Heath Miller at TE. Should I start Ward, Holmes and Miller because they're playing Cleveland and should put up a lot of points, or should I keep Holmes on the bench and play Walker and/or Fitzgerald.

Crazy_Chris
08-15-2007, 06:15 PM
Oakland #1 pass defense last year and just an overall very good defense, take Jay cutler against Buffalo

RoyHall#1
08-15-2007, 06:21 PM
Who should I start week one?

Jon Kitna against Oakland or
Jay Cutler against Buffalo

Also, my top four wr's are:
Larry Fitzgerald
Javon Walker
Hines Ward
Santonio Holmes

My league plays 3 WRs. I have Heath Miller at TE. Should I start Ward, Holmes and Miller because they're playing Cleveland and should put up a lot of points, or should I keep Holmes on the bench and play Walker and/or Fitzgerald.

First off, play Fitzgerald and Walker. Cleveland has a great secondary. Their d-line blows but not badly enough to bench either Walker or Fitz.

And I would take Kitna week 1. Sure Oakland has a great defense, but they're going to be on the field a lot with the bad offense of the Raiders giving it up quickly. Expect Kitna, wit his great WR's, to throw for over 300 yds with 3 or so TD's and a couple of INT's. Better numbers than Cutler will put up IMO.

49erfaithful
08-15-2007, 06:50 PM
What improments do you think i could make on my team

QB: Tom Brady
Tony Romo

RB: Steven Jackson
Cadilac Williams
Brandon Jackson
Chris Henry

Larry Fitzgearld
Greg Jennings
Joe Horn

TE: Vernon Davis
Greg Olsen
L.J. Smith(thinking of dropping)

D/ST: Bears/ Panthers

K: Nate Kaeding

RoyHall#1
08-15-2007, 08:27 PM
Good team, I would've made sure to have a better RB2 though, but we can't have everything. Maybe package Cadillac with Olsen/Horn/Romo to get an upgrade there. And yes, either trade or drop LJ before the season starts, 3 TE's is ridiculous.

49erfaithful
08-16-2007, 12:32 AM
Good team, I would've made sure to have a better RB2 though, but we can't have everything. Maybe package Cadillac with Olsen/Horn/Romo to get an upgrade there. And yes, either trade or drop LJ before the season starts, 3 TE's is ridiculous.

thanks for the advice

Newbs24
08-16-2007, 11:07 AM
Well I had my first team automatically selected for me the other day without my knowledge. I hate Autopick Drafts but since 3 players are overseas fighting for our freedom we had to set it up this way. I didn't really rank my players so this is how it fell for me. I had the 2nd pick. Free Yahoo! 10 person league with 2 RBs and 2 WRs with a W/R spot as well.

QB:
Matt Hasslebeck
Eli Manning
RB:
Steven Jackson
Willis McGahee
Clinton Portis
Fred Taylor
Brandon Jackson
WR:
Anquan Boldin
Javon Walker
Dwayne Bowe (I think he is the best WR on the Chiefs)
Jerry Porter
TE:
Alge Crumpler
DEF/ST:
SEA
Minny
K:
Shayne Graham

I am not overly happy but there isn't much I can do about it. I am thinking about getting rid of Taylor and getting Betts but I have no clue.

RoyHall#1
08-16-2007, 11:26 AM
The flex position really makes your team good as you have 3 great RB's. You're also lucky that only 2 WR's are starting. TE is good, I'd say you have a great starting line-up, although I'm not a fan of either of your QB's... but Hasselbeck is sufficient, I just think he's drafted too high usually. I'd probably stick with what you have.

My league's draft is tonight, should have 10 people in it from school. The league has starting: 2 QB's, 3 RB's, 4 WR's, 2 TE's, 2 W/R flex positions, 2 TE's, 1 DEF, 1 K, and 3 defensive players. Only 6 bench spots. And he messed with all the stats as well, RB's get a TON more points than WR's do with the format. I'm hoping others won't pay too close attention, because then they'd know how stupid it would be to have a WR at the flex spot. And you get points for catches, so I'm thinking, Westbrook, Bush, Jones-Drew, and Kevin Jones value should go up. The question is, how much?

And for defensive players, sould I take 3 LB's for sure? What's your top 3? I'm thinking Demeco Ryans, Brian Urlacher, and Zach Thomas. Any suggestions would be nice, I'll post my team tonight or tomorrow, I'll probably have like 8 RB's... oh another thing, how would you use the 6 bench spots? QB, WR, TE, RB, RB, RB is what I'm thinking.

scottyboy
08-17-2007, 06:26 PM
i have just been offered TJ whoyourmomma for Alex Smith(QB) i get TJ. this would leave me with 1 QB in Eli. my team is on the previous page...

should i take it?

duckseason
08-17-2007, 06:40 PM
i have just been offered TJ whoyourmomma for Alex Smith(QB) i get TJ. this would leave me with 1 QB in Eli. my team is on the previous page...

should i take it?
No. Don't even consider it unless there is a QB on waivers right now who is comparable to Smith. For all you know, he could end up being the better of the two between he and Eli. A QB like Smith holds far greater value than a WR like TJ. There will be weeks where TJ doesn't even rack any points.

Average OT LB
08-17-2007, 06:49 PM
okay im in a tight spot, heres the situation.

I'm in a 4 year 12-team keeper league (only 3)...
QB-Peyton Manning
QB-Pennington (leftwich)
RB-Bush
RB-Tatum Bell (vacant backup)
WR-Colston
WR-Walker
TE-Shockey
TE/WR-Chris Cooley (witten)
WR/RB-Mark Clayton (cotchery)

someone has proposed me brandon jackson and terry glenn for clayton and cotchery. if kevin jones goes on pup list i have bell good till week 5 (bye week 6) and by then maybe jackson wins the job? clayton will be most likely be explosive in some games but not all so is it worth makign the trade? if jackson turns out to be good i could keep him... glenn sucks

duckseason
08-17-2007, 07:13 PM
okay im in a tight spot, heres the situation.

I'm in a 4 year 12-team keeper league (only 3)...
QB-Peyton Manning
QB-Pennington (leftwich)
RB-Bush
RB-Tatum Bell (vacant backup)
WR-Colston
WR-Walker
TE-Shockey
TE/WR-Chris Cooley (witten)
WR/RB-Mark Clayton (cotchery)

someone has proposed me brandon jackson and terry glenn for clayton and cotchery. if kevin jones goes on pup list i have bell good till week 5 (bye week 6) and by then maybe jackson wins the job? clayton will be most likely be explosive in some games but not all so is it worth makign the trade? if jackson turns out to be good i could keep him... glenn sucks
First, Terry Glenn does not suck. He is a very good WR who will post solid numbers once again this year. The only concern as far as your league is concerned is he might not be around in the final year or two. Which is valid.

Second, you're not utilizing your RB/WR position correctly. Having Bush and Bell as your only RB's is a huge mistake and will likely result in you finishing at the bottom of your league. It'd be nice if you could hang on to Cotchery, but you've gotta pull the trigger on this. You desperately need a workhorse back. I'd explore any and all options that can bring you one. Maybe look into seeing what you can get for one of those TE's.

Average OT LB
08-17-2007, 07:42 PM
First, Terry Glenn does not suck. He is a very good WR who will post solid numbers once again this year. The only concern as far as your league is concerned is he might not be around in the final year or two. Which is valid.

Second, you're not utilizing your RB/WR position correctly. Having Bush and Bell as your only RB's is a huge mistake and will likely result in you finishing at the bottom of your league. It'd be nice if you could hang on to Cotchery, but you've gotta pull the trigger on this. You desperately need a workhorse back. I'd explore any and all options that can bring you one. Maybe look into seeing what you can get for one of those TE's.

i think you're forgetting that its a 12 team league. 3 running back spots.. 12 x 3 = 36.. there arent 36 rbs in the league. plus remember that there are teams with 3 and 4 for bye weeks.. only 2 or 3 teams have 2 'workhorse' backs and none has 3.. and look at glenns numbers.. hes got 2 1,000 yard seasons in the last 7 or 8 seasons..

duckseason
08-17-2007, 07:56 PM
i think you're forgetting that its a 12 team league. 3 running back spots.. 12 x 3 = 36.. there arent 36 rbs in the league. plus remember that there are teams with 3 and 4 for bye weeks.. only 2 or 3 teams have 2 'workhorse' backs and none has 3.. and look at glenns numbers.. hes got 2 1,000 yard seasons in the last 7 or 8 seasons..

I'm not forgetting anything. There are 36 backs in this league that are worth a roster spot. Many NFL teams have 2 solid options. Such as the Saints and Cowboys. The bottom line is that there's no excuse for you to not have a minimum of 3 solid options on your team. Having Tatum Bell as one of your starters does not bode well for your chances of competing for a championship. You definitely need a back that is the unquestioned starter on his team. A guy that will see at least 20 carries per game. This is vital. Brandon Jackson could potentially give you that. Once you've pulled the trigger on this one, I'd go out and look for another RB. Even if it's just a Reuben Droughns, a Michael Turner, a Deangelo Williams, a Jerious Norwood....etc. Anybody. Your team is way out of balance right now with all those pass catchers.

Glenn has two 1,000 yard seasons in the last two years and still looks great. He's in great shape and there's no reason to believe he wont post solid numbers once again this year.

RoyHall#1
08-18-2007, 12:23 PM
No. Don't even consider it unless there is a QB on waivers right now who is comparable to Smith. For all you know, he could end up being the better of the two between he and Eli. A QB like Smith holds far greater value than a WR like TJ. There will be weeks where TJ doesn't even rack any points.

I disagree completely. There definitely should be a QB on waivers comparable to Smith. His Average Draft Position is 111th. Houshmanzadeh's ADP is 39. Houshmanzadeh is a top 15 WR, Smith isn't even a top 15 QB. And you start 3 WR's, 1 QB. It's not even close.

BrownsTown
08-18-2007, 12:32 PM
Smith is going to become a fantasy darling. Vernon Davis, Darrell Jackson, Frank Gore, Ashley Lelie, Arnaz Battle, and a bunch of young guys behind them, along with the fact that he keeps improving and he plays in the NFC West, he's primed for a great year.

BrownsTown
08-18-2007, 02:29 PM
In a league I'm in, I forgot to draft and I got autopicked. Bad right? No, in a 10 team league I got one of the best rosters I've seen.

QB: Jon Kitna
WR: Larry Fitzgerald
WR: Hines Ward
WR: TJ Howsyourvanilla
RB: Willie Parker
TE: Todd Heap
DEF: Minnesota
K: David Akers

Bench
Greg Jennings
Marshawn Lynch