PDA

View Full Version : Winslow on pup :(

PoopSandwich
07-24-2007, 06:16 PM
http://browns.scout.com/2/661186.html

League sources have informed The Orange and Brown Report that the team has officially changed Kellen Winslow's roster status to "Active/Physically Unable to Perform".

According to Scout.com's Adam Caplan, Winslow can be removed from this status at any time up until the point that final rosters are set. At that point, the team would have to remove him from PUP status, or he would not be able to play for the first six weeks of the season.

At present, though, the designation opens up an additional roster spot on the team.

Speculating, the roster status change likely means that Winslow won't be used in the opening days of training camp, and the Browns wish to use another roster spot either to evaluate a player or bring in another tight end to run plays starting on Friday.

The OBR's Lane Adkins comments that the status change "comes as no surprise, as Winslow was to be limited at best in the beginning stages of training camp".

HoopsDemon12
07-24-2007, 06:17 PM
to call winslow a bandaid i think would be an understatement

BrownsTown
07-24-2007, 06:23 PM
He's just on there for training camp because he's not gonna be in TC and they want to see if they can find a diamond in the rough somewhere. Or at least I hope.

PoopSandwich
07-24-2007, 06:27 PM
He's just on there for training camp because he's not gonna be in TC and they want to see if they can find a diamond in the rough somewhere. Or at least I hope.

Me too, I just hate ANYTHING negative about Winslow, you have no idea how mad I was (well maybe you do) when the whole motorcycle thing happened. Lets hope he can be there week 1, I don't think he'd miss the Steelers game for the world.

Moses
07-24-2007, 06:33 PM
If this guy could stay healthy the Browns offence could really see a big improvement. They seem to have the pieces it just hasn't come together for them yet.

CC.SD
07-24-2007, 06:45 PM
Me too, I just hate ANYTHING negative about Winslow, you have no idea how mad I was (well maybe you do) when the whole motorcycle thing happened. Lets hope he can be there week 1, I don't think he'd miss the Steelers game for the world.

You must be pissed off a lot, this guy has had more bad luck/stupid decisions than most guys have their whole careers, in his first three seasons.

princefielder28
07-24-2007, 06:46 PM
He sure isn't built like a soldier

TACKLE
07-24-2007, 06:47 PM
Don't worry about K2. He's a f****** solider!!!

keylime_5
07-24-2007, 07:22 PM
Just taking advantage of the fact that he probably won't be able to fully participate the first few days of TC. He will undoubtabley play for the bulk of camp though after they activate him and will more than likely play in all the preseason games. Not really a big deal, not sure why we really have a thread on it, it seems like team discussions would be better suited.

But as for kellen's health, it is not like this is a new injury or something, it's just from that surgery he had earlier this year that he's recovering from which was in escence a scope on the knee he had repaired after that 2005 motorcycle injury. He was playing on basically one knee last year - the year he set the Browns season receptions record with 89 (first among tight ends in the NFL if I'm not mistaken). He should have another big year this year but with more TDs and a higher ypc average since his knee will be a lot stronger.

PoopSandwich
07-24-2007, 11:26 PM
I know but PUP raises an eyebrow, he was supposed to be ready for the beginning of TC... I expect him to be there September 9th and I'm not worried really its just frustrating I know he could be the best TE out there if his damn knee was healthy :/

TheChampIsHere
07-25-2007, 12:15 AM
With Bentley back and Steinbach, Brady Quinn and Joe Thomas added to the offense, the pieces are in place. Kellen is the go-to guy, Braylon I think is ready to break out...all they need is a running back, cuz Jamal is over the hill

#1chiefs_fan
07-25-2007, 11:43 AM
If this guy could just stay healthy

keylime_5
07-25-2007, 06:50 PM
Lewis is only 28. He was unhealthy and not in his best shape in 2005 and 2006. I expect that since he claims to be healthier than he has been in 2 years and now at a playing weight about 10-15 lbs. lighter than last year, and behind what should be a good Cleveland line that will make him the workhorse in that offense, Jamal might have a bounce back year ala Stephen Davis in 2003 with the Panthers. That said, Jamal is not the Browns' long term answer at RB and we do need to find a young stud RB to complete the offense.

Winslow is gonna built off of his great 2006 season this year, nothing to worry about.

Ravens1991
07-25-2007, 06:53 PM
Lewis is only 28. He was unhealthy and not in his best shape in 2005 and 2006. I expect that since he claims to be healthier than he has been in 2 years and now at a playing weight about 10-15 lbs. lighter than last year, and behind what should be a good Cleveland line that will make him the workhorse in that offense, Jamal might have a bounce back year ala Stephen Davis in 2003 with the Panthers. That said, Jamal is not the Browns' long term answer at RB and we do need to find a young stud RB to complete the offense.

Winslow is gonna built off of his great 2006 season this year, nothing to worry about.

Jamal is older then 28 with the way we ran him.

After the trial it was "Now my mind is clear you all will see the Jamal Lewis of old"

Last seasons pre-season "Now that I have a deal I won't have to worry about being hurt then not having any money, you all will see the Jamal Lewis of old"

Komp
07-25-2007, 07:30 PM
Well now that he is at a new franchise it is like a new beginning, so you all will see the Jamal Lewis of old.

Ravens1991
07-25-2007, 07:32 PM
Well now that he is at a new franchise it is like a new beginning, so you all will see the Jamal Lewis of old.

He may put up better # then he did the past 2 seasons in Baltimore but if you expect him to run people over and out run DB I dont see that happening.

bigbluedefense
07-25-2007, 07:47 PM
Jamal Lewis is done. That was a bad signing by Cleveland because they invested too much faith in him. People need to realize that that was then, and this is now. Players age, get slower etc, it happens. He's not the Jamal Lewis of 3 years ago. Probably will never be him again.

BamaFalcon59
07-25-2007, 08:51 PM
I wasn't a draft (or NFL) follower when Winslow came out. I imagine he has lost a step due to the injuries? Crazy he put up so many receptions last year after the injuries. People say he was a better prospect than Vernon, which is crazy.

On RB, I liked Jerome Harrison coming out. I imagine he hasn't shown anything.

TheChampIsHere
07-25-2007, 08:59 PM
Jamal is older then 28 with the way we ran him.

After the trial it was "Now my mind is clear you all will see the Jamal Lewis of old"

Last seasons pre-season "Now that I have a deal I won't have to worry about being hurt then not having any money, you all will see the Jamal Lewis of old"

yeah exactly with Jamal Lewis I kind feel like Ive heard that before and at this point Im not buying into the hype again.

PoopSandwich
07-25-2007, 09:13 PM
Jamal Lewis is done. That was a bad signing by Cleveland because they invested too much faith in him. People need to realize that that was then, and this is now. Players age, get slower etc, it happens. He's not the Jamal Lewis of 3 years ago. Probably will never be him again.

Sorry to disagree, but too much faith? They only gave him a one year contract!

DeathbyStat
07-25-2007, 09:16 PM
Don't worry about K2. He's a f****** solider!!!

Indeed....a bona fide army of one

keylime_5
07-25-2007, 09:26 PM
I don't deny that Baltimore ran the hell out of Lewis, but I think the fact that he had less than 4 ypc the last couple years is more out of injuries and the shape he was in than the wear and tear on his body. Jamal can get some good years in and probably will be done by age 30, but he definitely can have a big year with new scenery. Very same situation as Stephen Davis when he moved out of Washington and into Carolina. Plus Jamal has a serious chip on his shoulder.

KILLERSANTA
07-25-2007, 09:30 PM
God, even mcnabb says this KW2 gets hurt a lot......

etk
07-25-2007, 09:49 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=I82BPA5QAaQ

What happened?

Ravens1991
07-25-2007, 10:57 PM
Browns fans, he said in Baltimore his mind was clear after the drug situation and he does nothing, he asked for a new contract we gave him 3 years w/ a option after the 1st season. He said "Now that if I get hurt I don't need to worry if I have a job or not you all will see the Jamal Lewis of old" He did nothing special.

TitleTown088
07-25-2007, 11:21 PM
"I don't give a hell."

JoeMontainya
07-25-2007, 11:59 PM
At least Jamal Lewis can still run in between the tackles in a very hard run stopping division. McGahee cant say the same, so I think we will be fine. If he has declined so badly why did the Ravens try really hard to bring him back to Baltimore before it turned into a money issue?

Dont forget McGahee was plan 2, not plan 1.

bsaza2358
07-26-2007, 08:32 AM
I thought this was a thread about Kellen Winslow...

Anyways, I think the Browns are wisely not rushing him back to action. Last season, he was pretty dominant despite facing constant double teams and playing on a messed up knee (he claims 80% of his ability). He was able to tough out last season and put up numbers. If he can get his legs under him and still participate in some training camp, the team will be better off for it. Given the timing of his surgery and the rehab, I don't foresee Kellen playing full speed and unhindered until 2008.

keylime_5
07-26-2007, 03:26 PM
God, even mcnabb says this KW2 gets hurt a lot......

Actually he only has 2 injuries in his career, and only 1 was on the field (the other of course was on the road). That is not a lot, even though the 2 injuries were very very bad. The reason he will miss part of TC is from the same old 2nd injury and the surgery he had to scope his knee.

TheMikey10
07-27-2007, 12:11 AM
I hope this doesn't last, i though he was on track to become one of the greatest TE's of all-time, he has all the physical tool