PDA

View Full Version : Simeon Rice

BuckNaked
07-26-2007, 08:42 PM
http://www.buccaneers.com/news/newsdetail.aspx?newsid=5882

The Bucs cut him. I know he might not be the player he was a few years ago, but we could still use him as an insurance pass rusher just in case Erasmus James goes down again.

Vikes99ej
07-26-2007, 09:11 PM
I'd like him, but since he didn't pass the physical for the Bucs, would he pass one for us. I still think it would be a solid pickup, which of course means Childress won't even think about it.

BuckNaked
07-26-2007, 09:15 PM
I'd like him, but since he didn't pass the physical for the Bucs, would he pass one for us. I still think it would be a solid pickup, which of course means Childress won't even think about it.

Obviously. I mean, when has Childress ever considered doing anything that would benefit the team.

Vikes99ej
07-26-2007, 09:16 PM
Obviously. I mean, when has Childress ever considered doing anything that would benefit the team.

He must have some hidden Packer ties.

BuckNaked
07-26-2007, 09:19 PM
He must have some hidden Packer ties.

Damn Packers, sneaky little devils.

Crazy_Chris
07-26-2007, 09:22 PM
Childress did coach at Wisconsin University so there could some loyalty there... anyways i just think childress won't really be interested on a player on the decline of his career who will be demanding a pretty big contract. At our weakiest Position WR he wouldn't even Consider some of the older vets that could probably add more at WR that Rice could add at DE. Unless of course Rice is the double digit sack of a couple years ago.

BuckNaked
07-26-2007, 09:30 PM
Childress did coach at Wisconsin University so there could some loyalty there... anyways i just think childress won't really be interested on a player on the decline of his career who will be demanding a pretty big contract. At our weakiest Position WR he wouldn't even Consider some of the older vets that could probably add more at WR that Rice could add at DE. Unless of course Rice is the double digit sack of a couple years ago.

Yet he's so big on "up and coming" guys like Vishante Shiancoe. I'm just saying, it's never bad to have a former pro bowler, who still has something left in the tank, who is a leader and is great in the community.

Crazy_Chris
07-26-2007, 09:35 PM
I like simeon Rice i wouldn't object to us signing him if they feel he's still got it in him to create chaos in the backfield but im really not to sure that he does.

Kid_Ego
07-27-2007, 12:27 AM
I wouldnt look to deeply into him getting cut due to a physical that is the NFL team out, Cut the older veteren say its his health then you dont have to worry about the fans in an up rage. I can see him signing some where he has a chance to win a super bowl. He is kinda of a hired hit man when he went to tampa. I can truly see him going to a baltimore/ NYG team some one who needs just a pass rusher to get them over the top. Maybe New Orleans?

Crazy_Chris
07-27-2007, 02:08 AM
I have a feeling he is going to land in either Detroit they signed Dewayne White and Drafted Ikiaka Alama-francis but they still could use some definate help at DE spot Rice has the Tampa connection with marinelli and detroit likes overpaying there players so its a good fit. Washington Redskins Last in the league in sacks last year they were in dire need of D-line help with they didn't adress in the draft and as we all know snyder isn't afraid to open up the checkbook.

Kid_Ego
07-30-2007, 04:38 AM
The skins would be another guess for me the question is does he believe that jason campbell can get him to the big game. Not to mention I wasnt that impressed with them last year. Every one knocks our confrence but honestly I dont think the nfc east is anything special. The giants are way over rated the cowboys are old as hell on offense come on terry glenn and terrell owens are their starting receivers. The eagles were lead by a 40 year old qb and honestly i dont think their receivers are any more reliable then ours. that leaves us with the skins who have clinton portis and chris samuels and honestly thats about it. Besides an over rated defense with a bunch of career journeymen who all are collecting fat checks for doing ****.

Our Confrence may have its issues but i can honestly say we have some of the best young talent in the entire NFL.
Adrian Peterson Cedric Benson Kevin JOnes
Roy williams Calvin Johnson donald driver berriman and that rookie on the packers last year
we have some of the best offensive linemen in the entire game
and our defense if combined would dominate any other division
Kevin williams Kgb Pat williams Cory redding
AJ hawk Urlacher Bailey/ briggs/ henderson
and our dbs would totally kick ass
so before everyone else writes our division off as they always do.
Im so sick of hearing how bad our division is year in and year out.
We are called the black and blue because at any given time one of our teams can beat another, that makes us competitive not lousy, And perinally through out time the team that survives our division usually fairs pretty well in the playoffs, If you look at the years the eagles went you also see the rest of the division sucked ass, The bears Packers and Vikings all have been to the nfc championship game in the last ten years. Im not sure any other division in the nfc can boast that claim.
Not to mention look at the players this division has lost in the last ten years
Moss Culpepper Moon Carter robert smith John Randle atleast half of those guys are HOF
Barry sanders <=======the best ever hands down
And soon Brett Farve.

tylere0814
08-02-2007, 04:49 PM
The skins would be another guess for me the question is does he believe that jason campbell can get him to the big game. Not to mention I wasnt that impressed with them last year. Every one knocks our confrence but honestly I dont think the nfc east is anything special. The giants are way over rated the cowboys are old as hell on offense come on terry glenn and terrell owens are their starting receivers. The eagles were lead by a 40 year old qb and honestly i dont think their receivers are any more reliable then ours. that leaves us with the skins who have clinton portis and chris samuels and honestly thats about it. Besides an over rated defense with a bunch of career journeymen who all are collecting fat checks for doing ****.

Our Confrence may have its issues but i can honestly say we have some of the best young talent in the entire NFL.
Adrian Peterson Cedric Benson Kevin JOnes
Roy williams Calvin Johnson donald driver berriman and that rookie on the packers last year
we have some of the best offensive linemen in the entire game
and our defense if combined would dominate any other division
Kevin williams Kgb Pat williams Cory redding
AJ hawk Urlacher Bailey/ briggs/ henderson
and our dbs would totally kick ass
so before everyone else writes our division off as they always do.
Im so sick of hearing how bad our division is year in and year out.
We are called the black and blue because at any given time one of our teams can beat another, that makes us competitive not lousy, And perinally through out time the team that survives our division usually fairs pretty well in the playoffs, If you look at the years the eagles went you also see the rest of the division sucked ass, The bears Packers and Vikings all have been to the nfc championship game in the last ten years. Im not sure any other division in the nfc can boast that claim.
Not to mention look at the players this division has lost in the last ten years
Moss Culpepper Moon Carter robert smith John Randle atleast half of those guys are HOF
Barry sanders <=======the best ever hands down
And soon Brett Farve.

i feel a notch or two dumber after wasting my time to read that post.

icing on the cake is the Barry Sanders reference.
are you forgetting Emmit, Walter, Jim Brown, LT

wogitalia
08-05-2007, 01:10 AM
The problem with your theory Kid_Ego is that you dont play as a conference, you play as individual teams within a conference. Not one team has a great QB, Favre is the best and he is only good at best.

We do have good defenses on the whole, but none of the teams are even competent on offense based on last year. Vikes got worse, Bears are worse, Lions improved, Packers probably got worse. All are relying on players that look shaky at best and rookies to improve their offenses, they might be a bit better but none are going to be good still.

Kid_Ego
08-05-2007, 06:45 AM
I agree but to say we are the worst division in football is insane. Yes we are all rebuilding my point is this the last few years our division has lost several HOF players. And all the teams in our division are very competitive.

Who ever the moron is who says Barry Sanders wasnt the best ever obviously never saw the guy play. Comparing Barry to Emmit Smith? Walter Payton?
In JIm Brown you may have a case he played less years then Barry, With very simular results. But Lets face it When Jim Brown Played you didnt have sub 5.0 40's and 300lb DTS . You didnt have Lbs who ran and jumped like Wide outs,
Walter Payton was a great man, There is no doubt about that, He was a top 5 runningback of all time again its hard to argue that, But to compare his 5-10 yd dashes to Barrys absolutely breath taking runs where entire team defenses were geared to stop one man and he still took it to the house.

Emmit SMith has several HOF players on the offense alone. Larry Allen Nate Newton Michael Irvin and Troy Aikman. Barry Had who? Yet in less years he nearly matched his totals. Emmit again was like payton in the fact he could get you 5-15 but he was no where near the absolutely brillant ability of Barry.

LT and Marshall Faulk are the only two Running backs that have any where near the play making ability of Barry Sanders. I believe alot of players get in the hall of fame due to team efforts, Hence the reason Bradshaw got there. Barry never had that luxury.