PDA

View Full Version : Which team would you LEAST want to be the GM of?

NYmoney
12-27-2006, 12:42 PM
Which team in the NFL has the least to work with or most in trouble with the salary cap? Either way, which team would you least want to be the GM of?

12-27-2006, 12:44 PM
Why wouldn't you want to be the GM of the Cardinals? We have tons of talent and are only a few players away from a playoff team.

Ravens1991
12-27-2006, 12:45 PM
Why wouldn't you want to be the GM of the Cardinals? We have tons of talent and are only a few players away from a playoff team.

I agree.

duckseason
12-27-2006, 12:46 PM
I'd actually love to be a GM for a team like the Lions or Raiders. Who wants to take over a team that already has most of the pieces in place?

NYmoney
12-27-2006, 12:48 PM

the hardest area to improve is the o-line, and that is where the cardinals are the weakest. plus, that defense needs some significant reworking.

jetsfan3
12-27-2006, 12:49 PM
Browns, awful head coach IMO and no talent anywhere on the field.

duckseason
12-27-2006, 12:50 PM
The Browns have just as much talent as the next team. This isn't MLB.

NYmoney
12-27-2006, 12:51 PM

"awful head coach" really? that's a lil extreme for a coach only 15 games into his career.

smittyjs
12-27-2006, 12:52 PM
Raiders and this is easy.

smittyjs
12-27-2006, 12:53 PM

"awful head coach" really? that's a lil extreme for a coach only 15 games into his career.Well he has been there two years, but i do disagree with him, because he isn't awful IMO.

NYmoney
12-27-2006, 12:54 PM

"awful head coach" really? that's a lil extreme for a coach only 15 games into his career.Well he has been there two years, but i do disagree with him, because he isn't awful IMO.

you're right. my bad. 2 years.

jetsfan3

"awful head coach" really? that's a lil extreme for a coach only 15 games into his career.

He's been there longer than that.

Gribble
Bucs look like the toughest job with the defense just disintegrating and the offense having more questions than answers at just about every position.

duckseason
12-27-2006, 12:55 PM
Raiders and this is easy.
With Al Davis there, I agree. You'd have to have full pull.

njx9
12-27-2006, 12:55 PM
oakland. the last thing i'd want is al davis staring over my shoulder giving "advice".

NYmoney
12-27-2006, 12:57 PM
oakland. the last thing i'd want is al davis staring over my shoulder giving "advice".

just for the sake of argument, the thing oakland does have going for itself is their D. that's a pretty solid core group of players.

Splat
12-27-2006, 01:07 PM
Raiders because of Al Davis.

PACKmanN
12-27-2006, 01:07 PM
Loins, they need:
1. new qb
2. new 2,3,4,5 WR
3. OL
4. TE
5. DE
6. MLB, LOLB
7. 2,3,4 CB
8. FS/SS

They need to be fixed everywhere encluding the coaches.

12-27-2006, 01:08 PM
the raiders have the whole package; S hitty team, s hitty coach, s hitty fans and just an overall s hitty franchise.

PACKmanN
12-27-2006, 01:08 PM

just for the sake of argument, the thing oakland does have going for itself is their D. that's a pretty solid core group of players.no its there smart DC that is putting them in the right places in term of scheme.

Gribble
12-27-2006, 01:09 PM
Loins, they need:
1. new qb
2. new 2,3,4,5 WR
3. OL
4. TE
5. DE
6. MLB, LOLB
7. 2,3,4 CB
8. FS/SS

The Bucs have the exact same personnel.

duckseason
12-27-2006, 01:10 PM

just for the sake of argument, the thing oakland does have going for itself is their D. that's a pretty solid core group of players.no its there smart DC that is putting them in the right places in term of scheme.
You can't make gumbo without the roux.

The Unseen
12-27-2006, 01:11 PM
Loins, they need:
1. new qb
2. new 2,3,4,5 WR
3. OL
4. TE
5. DE
6. MLB, LOLB
7. 2,3,4 CB
8. FS/SS

I don't wanna be the GM of the Loins. Eww...

Gribble
12-27-2006, 01:12 PM
Loins, they need:
1. new qb
2. new 2,3,4,5 WR
3. OL
4. TE
5. DE
6. MLB, LOLB
7. 2,3,4 CB
8. FS/SS

That's a low blow.

njx9
12-27-2006, 01:12 PM

what does an oregonian know about roux?

NYmoney
12-27-2006, 01:14 PM
yup. if you were the gm of the lions, you would have to live in detroit...and ladies and gentlemen, that would be the worst. absolute worst.

NYmoney
12-27-2006, 01:15 PM
Loins, they need:
1. new qb
2. new 2,3,4,5 WR
3. OL
4. TE
5. DE
6. MLB, LOLB
7. 2,3,4 CB
8. FS/SS

that's not a low blow. it's detroit. it's true.
That's a low blow.

duckseason

Oregonian >>> Coloradoan

Gribble
Loins, they need:
1. new qb
2. new 2,3,4,5 WR
3. OL
4. TE
5. DE
6. MLB, LOLB
7. 2,3,4 CB
8. FS/SS

that's not a low blow. it's detroit. it's true.
That's a low blow.

Uhhh... Well... OK...

njx9
12-27-2006, 01:17 PM

Oregonian >>> Coloradoan

but i worked in lousiana for two years, i know all about gumbo.

duckseason
12-27-2006, 01:20 PM

Oregonian >>> Coloradoan

but i worked in lousiana for two years, i know all about gumbo.
Oregonian >> 2 year Louisianan

Seriously though, I love to cook. Seafood Gumbo >>> most other forms of soup/stew.

Jensen
12-27-2006, 01:28 PM
Raiders, I wouldn't want to be a part of that mess.

Xonraider
12-27-2006, 01:48 PM
Why wouldn't you want to be the GM of the Raiders? If someone actually becomes a GM is because he is getting power from Al Davis. We have a great defense and you'd need to get a better offense.

NIN1984
12-27-2006, 01:50 PM
I'll be the GM for any NFL team

America
12-27-2006, 02:04 PM
Detroit, the whole city is going downhill.

njx9
12-27-2006, 02:08 PM
Seriously though, I love to cook. Seafood Gumbo >>> most other forms of soup/stew.

yeah, for sure. i like etouffee a bit more in general, but gumbo is fantastic. the only thing i never really got into was the shrimp boil, because they were just too dang hard to eat after.

Space Ghost
12-27-2006, 02:12 PM
I wouldn't GM any of em' I would gladly inherit them team's when the owners pass on of course, sell them to people who would be good owners and then maybe I would manage one of em'

NYmoney
12-27-2006, 02:26 PM

yeah, for sure. i like etouffee a bit more in general, but gumbo is fantastic. the only thing i never really got into was the shrimp boil, because they were just too dang hard to eat after.

ladies and gentlemen: the tangent of the day.

yourfavestoner
12-27-2006, 02:27 PM

Players are more important than plays. Always.

Also, the Cardinals job should be one of the most coveted. It's a team with a ton of young talent, plus the new stadium will bring in ridiculous amount of revenue streams, which allows you to give a lot more guaranteed money.

Like it's been said already in this thread, the worst would be with the Raiders. Al Davis. A crappy old stadium. Poor money supply. It's a recipe for failure.

12-27-2006, 03:42 PM
Raiders: ugly stadium and Al Davis doesn't know squat about the draft.

12-27-2006, 03:52 PM

the hardest area to improve is the o-line, and that is where the cardinals are the weakest. plus, that defense needs some significant reworking.

It needs some reworking, it's far from horrible. And OL isn't that hard to improve. The Jets went from having a bad OL to a good one with two draft picks. All we need is to get a franchise LT like Joe Thomas in the first, move Big to guard and get a center and our OL isn't looking too bad.

TitleTown088
12-27-2006, 04:11 PM
because it's the cardinals.

12-27-2006, 04:13 PM
Oooh good one. :roll:

NYmoney
12-27-2006, 04:46 PM

come on kellen, that was kinda funny.

bearsfan_51
12-27-2006, 04:57 PM
The mantra of the Cardinals since 1977. Seriously, don't you get tired of saying that?

12-27-2006, 05:00 PM

Stop calling me Kellen.

TitleTown088
12-27-2006, 05:33 PM
The mantra of the Cardinals since 1977. Seriously, don't you get tired of saying that?that's what i meant cardsalltheway.

NYmoney
12-28-2006, 09:29 AM

Stop calling me Kellen.

relax...kellen.

toonsterwu
12-28-2006, 09:47 AM
Honestly, I'd be willing to be the GM of any team if I was offered. But the team I'd least want to be GM of is the Raiders, largely because of Al Davis.

bmoreravens5289
12-28-2006, 09:56 AM
I wouldn't want to be the GM of the Raiders. I'd have too much work to do.

OzTitan
12-28-2006, 10:01 AM
For the Raiders specifically, I think the idea is Davis wouldn't be a factor otherwise you wouldn't really be their GM.

I'd think any serious GM prospect would welcome a challenge. In the salary cap age, I wouldn't deny any team from a current personel standpoint, things can change pretty quickly.

Gribble
12-28-2006, 10:07 AM
If Al Davis weren't a factor, then the Raiders job would be totally different from a GM standpoint. They have a lot of talent on offense at the skill positions but just need a QB to put it all together and the defense is already playing pretty well.

eacantdraft
12-28-2006, 10:47 AM
The Raiders. The owner is a senile has been who is still living in the 1960's.

Senile Al probably still has lavalamps in his office.

Gribble
12-28-2006, 10:49 AM
The Raiders. The owner is a senile has been who is still living in the 1960's.

Senile Al probably still has lavalamps in his office.

Who doesn't?

thetedginnshow
12-28-2006, 11:59 AM
Of those, I'd have to say the Lions, because after what Millen did, if we didn't have nearly instant success, there'd be riots and fans with bags over their heads. Raiders are diehard, Browns are as well, Cards have a new stadium so everyone's happy, and the Bucs have the weather and fairly good fans.

MagnumGator
12-28-2006, 12:43 PM
Loins, they need:
1. new qb
2. new 2,3,4,5 WR
3. OL
4. TE
5. DE
6. MLB, LOLB
7. 2,3,4 CB
8. FS/SS

The Bucs have the exact same personnel.However the Bucs have 4 of the top 70 or so draft picks, cap room, no killer contracts, a head coach good enough to win the Super Bowl and arguably the best defensive coordinator in the league.

ks_perfection
12-30-2006, 08:18 AM
With the lions job you have alot more job security than the others. You'd be given 2 more years to produce than any other GM job out there.