PDA

View Full Version : Most underrated recruit of 2008

Axl Rose
07-27-2007, 03:31 AM
With out a doubt its Omar Hunter, the fact that he is ranked as the 21st best DT on Rivals and the 15th best on scout is laughable. I never seen such a compact, strong, and explosive DT coming out of HS in my life. His measurables and highlight film are amazing as well http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=58964

Sniper
07-27-2007, 04:02 AM
With out a doubt its Omar Hunter, the fact that he is ranked as the 21st best DT on Rivals and the 15th best on scout is laughable. I never seen such a compact, strong, and explosive DT coming out of HS in my life. His measurables and highlight film are amazing as well http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=58964

Shockingly, Axl picks a Notre Dame recruit. :rolleyes:

Nevertheless, I like Nigel Carr for this category. Great size and speed and he's only #51 on Rivals? Surprising. Him and Nigel Bradham are gonna make up one hell of a linebacking core for FSU. Throw in Nick Moody at safety and they have 3 ridiculous defensive players as of right now.

Sniper
07-27-2007, 04:03 AM
"I never seen such a compact, strong, and explosive DT coming out of HS in my life. His measurables and highlight film are amazing as well"

Perhaps you haven't heard of Marvin Austin?

bwillie26
07-27-2007, 04:27 AM
The two that I have seen are DJ Woods and D'Anton Lynn.

Everywhere Woods camps, he ends up getting an offer at. He got offers from Nebraska, OSU, Auburn, PSU, etc., just on the camp circuit.

D'Anton Lynn pretty much does the same. When USC dips into Texas to offer a 3 star safety, you know the guy is pretty good.

reigle9
07-27-2007, 01:02 PM
Lynn was injured last year, I don't know why the average fan knows more than the recruiting services. He's a high 4* based on his film.

Only because he's ranked so ridiculously low, the answer is Michael Mauti. His combine stats were among the best in SA, I noticed him waaaay before I even knew he had a PSU connection. His film is the tits, and he had top offers. His ranking his the most confusing I've ever seen since I started following this stuff closely in '03. I think he and Colasanti are the two best LB's we got since Connor.

Axl Rose
07-27-2007, 01:03 PM
Shockingly, Axl picks a Notre Dame recruit. :rolleyes:

Nevertheless, I like Nigel Carr for this category. Great size and speed and he's only #51 on Rivals? Surprising. Him and Nigel Bradham are gonna make up one hell of a linebacking core for FSU. Throw in Nick Moody at safety and they have 3 ridiculous defensive players as of right now.

Well since I'm a ND fan I'm more familiar with ND recruits. I thought he was the best DT this year even when it looked like he was going to Michigan. Thank god he didn't go to Michigan.

Axl Rose
07-27-2007, 01:04 PM
"I never seen such a compact, strong, and explosive DT coming out of HS in my life. His measurables and highlight film are amazing as well"

Perhaps you haven't heard of Marvin Austin?

Austin is good, don't get me wrong but Hunter IMO is more explosive, quicker, and plays much nastier.

reigle9
07-27-2007, 01:07 PM
While you could be right because I have no idea who you're talking about, go watch the MA video at the PSU camp. It looks like me going against 10 year olds.

Sniper
07-27-2007, 01:30 PM
Well since I'm a ND fan I'm more familiar with ND recruits. I thought he was the best DT this year even when it looked like he was going to Michigan. Thank god he didn't go to Michigan.

Alright alright fair enough. My homer pick for most underrated is ESPN.com's #22 rated CB Boubacar Cissoko. Never mind that he's the #3 CB across the board on other sites, oh no ESPN knows better. Bunch of dumbasses. I've watched a lot of tape on this guy, and he locks down receivers SO well. For a guy who's 5-8 170 he is physical as hell and no one can get by him. I'm excited for him and Warren locking down receivers.

HoopsDemon12
07-27-2007, 01:35 PM

he is a 4 star recruit.... last time i checked that still means your good...

Axl Rose
07-27-2007, 01:51 PM
he is a 4 star recruit.... last time i checked that still means your good...

Hes the last 4 star DT on rivals and was only recently upgraded to 4 stars by Scout. I just find it hard to believe that there are so many DT's better then a guy who's 300 pounds, runs a 4.7, benches over 400, and is as quick as a cat.

Jericho@SC
07-27-2007, 02:02 PM
Hes the last 4 star DT on rivals and was only recently upgraded to 4 stars by Scout. I just find it hard to believe that there are so many DT's better then a guy who's 300 pounds, runs a 4.7, benches over 400, and is as quick as a cat.

He does not run a 4.7

Axl Rose
07-27-2007, 02:13 PM
He does not run a 4.7

How do you know?

HoopsDemon12
07-27-2007, 02:17 PM

Maybe its the competition? or maybe they just dont htink his understanding for the game or position is there... who knows... but there is a reason he isnt a 5 star

Axl Rose
07-27-2007, 02:20 PM
Maybe its the competition? or maybe they just dont htink his understanding for the game or position is there... who knows... but there is a reason he isnt a 5 star

He plays in Georgia against real good competition. He suffered a broken leg in the off season but it didn't stop some recruits from being downgraded.

elway777
07-27-2007, 02:26 PM
6-2 295 4.9 40

HoopsDemon12
07-27-2007, 02:45 PM
He plays in Georgia against real good competition. He suffered a broken leg in the off season but it didn't stop some recruits from being downgraded.

well maybe they knwo something we dont.. but there is a reason they are paid scouts and we are not.. technique is flawed ... more raw than some of the other players? there could be a million reasons and its all specualtion really... i mean look at the worse prospects who have been fine... p-willy and A.J Hawk tunred out to be fin after being 3 stars right?

VY10
07-27-2007, 03:12 PM

Ya........their final rankings haven't come out yet. There is still an entire season ahead. Don't jump the gun. You can make an argument at the end of the season.

moc182
07-27-2007, 03:13 PM
Aaron Hester.

Jonny
07-27-2007, 03:22 PM
How can any player that the recruiting sites devote a lot of press to be considered underrated?

draftguru151
07-27-2007, 03:27 PM
How do you know?

Most of the time when someone says something semi-outrageous, they like to support it with facts, not "how do you know".

Axl Rose
07-27-2007, 03:30 PM
Most of the time when someone says something semi-outrageous, they like to support it with facts, not "how do you know".

Or they just wanna know.

reigle9
07-27-2007, 03:33 PM
Or they just wanna know.
Whatever DG says, goes. Copish?

gstock05
07-27-2007, 04:03 PM
http://scoutingohio.com/Nathan_Williams_Miami_Trace.htm

Nathan Williams no doubt.

MY absolute pick. Somehow this 6'5 250 lb defensive end who is one of the top sprinters on his track team isn't even a top 15 defensive end/linebacker?

Please, watch the free highlight clip and i'll let you guys decide, but this is one of the better highlight clips ive seen in a few years yet he gets no pub.

Jericho@SC
07-27-2007, 04:08 PM
How do you know?

Because most NFL D linemen average about a 4.9 40. And those are the athletic ones.

Julius Peppers runs a legit 4.6 and he's one of the most explosive ends ever to play.

For you to say that Omar Hunter is 300 lbs and runs a 4.7 is saying that he's only a half step slower than the best defensive end in the world. That would make him a guaranteed top 10 draft pick.

If he really was that fast he'd be a 5 star for sure and Rivals would be all over him.

Jericho@SC
07-27-2007, 04:11 PM
Big props to the guys who said D'anton Lynn and Aaron Hester.

As much as I hate to say it, I hope Hester decides to flip his commitment to USC.

And D'anton Lynn I'm keeping my fingers crossed for.

elway777
07-27-2007, 08:44 PM
Armond Armstead

cardsalltheway
07-27-2007, 09:01 PM
Jordan Brewer

BamaFalcon59
07-27-2007, 09:10 PM
It is possible he runs a 4.7. Jonathan Babineaux's high 40 time is a 4.7 and he is like 6'2 285.

keylime_5
07-27-2007, 09:14 PM
DJ Woods is pretty underated. Runs a 4.35 and can stick WRs like glue. I am baffled at how DeVier Posey is not a 5-star. He is like a faster Sidney Rice who runs much better routes. Just b/c there are a ton of great WRs in this year's class doesn't mean that a guy like Posey shouldn't be 5 star. "Oh we got enough 5 star WRs, let's make this guy 4 star," is probabaly the thinking behind that. Someone already said Nate Williams. He should be top 100, I can't wait to see him in S&G, he is a Buckeye type player through and through.

Sniper
07-27-2007, 09:22 PM
It is possible he runs a 4.7. Jonathan Babineaux's high 40 time is a 4.7 and he is like 6'2 285.

Babineaux is also in the NFL, not a HS senior.

Epfootball50
07-27-2007, 09:34 PM
Willie Mobley is the most underated recruit of 08 he has good size, great speed and quickness and will probably move to DE in college and be a monster.

keylime_5
07-27-2007, 10:22 PM
I hope the Bucks get Mobley. Heard he is favoring Iowa, OSU, and Minnesota, but likes UCLA too despite no offer.

ncst8fan83
07-27-2007, 11:47 PM
[homer]mike glennon[/pick]

gstock05
07-28-2007, 01:04 AM
Posey is going to be an absolute stud once he adds some weight to his frame and learns to use his size better. He actually reminds me more favorably to Robert Meachem than Sidney Rice.

metafour
07-28-2007, 05:44 AM
Carlton Thomas: 3-star on Rivals and only like the #30 RB on Scout. Outrushed Chris Rainey last season in the same county (on a much worse team) and has some pretty elite offers (ND, Auburn, USC had shown interest as well). He's undersized and doesn't have top-end measurables but when you see him on tape you realize that he's one of those RBs that has natural tools for the position.

Michigan
07-28-2007, 07:08 AM
since this is pretty much a homer thread, i'll throw in the name John Weinke. Was invited to Elite 11 camp and has all the tools needed to succeed at a high level but hasn't been upgraded to 4-star status yet by Scout or Rivals (although Rivals is kinda slow/bad at everything).

Epfootball50
07-28-2007, 06:46 PM
I hope the Bucks get Mobley. Heard he is favoring Iowa, OSU, and Minnesota, but likes UCLA too despite no offer.

ya i would love to see willie go to OSU too but when ever i talk to him about it he doesn't show much intrest in big ten schools, he is a bigger fan of the Pac 10 and the SEC

Jhawk386
07-29-2007, 12:29 AM
Jacory Harris. Seriously underrated.

BerninWI
07-31-2007, 09:20 PM
I can only speak mostly about players who Wisconsin is recruiting, because I don't focus on much recruiting outside that (besides the elite level), but based on my knowledge I'd have to say: RB Isiah Pead from Ohio. His video is sick! It's like a keystone cops routing. http://www.scoutingohio.com/Isiah_Pead_Eastmoor_Academy.htm

I think that safety Keanon Cooper from Texas is somewhat underrated, although I'm a little apprehensive saying that about a 4-star player with his offer list. But he's super quick.

I also like: LB Mike Taylor (Wisconsin), DT Jake Stoller (Ohio), RB Chris Anderson (Florida), RB Jon Gaye (Colorado), and CB T'Sharvan Bell (Florida).

Hines
08-01-2007, 07:46 PM
Big props to the guys who said D'anton Lynn and Aaron Hester.

As much as I hate to say it, I hope Hester decides to flip his commitment to USC.

And D'anton Lynn I'm keeping my fingers crossed for.

lynn is gonna look good in a penn state uni

elway777
08-01-2007, 08:31 PM
Lynn won't be a Lion. I gurantee you.

Hines
08-01-2007, 08:34 PM
Lynn won't be a Lion. I gurantee you.

why do you say he wont

elway777
08-01-2007, 08:39 PM
why do you say he wont

It will either be Florida or one of the LA schools.

Hines
08-01-2007, 08:42 PM
It will either be Florida or one of the LA schools.

no im pretty sure its psu man..because he has a good relationship with the saftey coach and talks to him everyday..while that dont mean that much but i believe he wants to play early and i think he can early there..cuz flordia will get will hill most likely and they also have dee finley i believe and usc has everyone so ya

elway777
08-01-2007, 08:55 PM
We'll see sooner then later.

Hines
08-01-2007, 08:56 PM
We'll see sooner then later.

isnt he suppose to commit in a few weeks