PDA

View Full Version : Ian Johnson's Wedding Threatened

neko4
07-27-2007, 06:32 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=ap-boisestate-johnson&prov=ap&type=lgns

BOISE, Idaho (AP) -- The Boise State running back who scored the winning points in the Fiesta Bowl, then proposed to his cheerleader girlfriend on national television, says he has hired security for their wedding because of racial threats.

Ian Johnson, who is black, and Chrissy Popadics, who is white, are due to be married Saturday in Boise.

Philliez01
07-27-2007, 10:03 AM
That is a shame really. It's such a non - issue in this day and time, does there have to be extremists in this country? Isn't there enough to worry about in the world besides a marriage of a black man and a white woman?

neko4
07-27-2007, 04:10 PM
That is a shame really. It's such a non - issue in this day and time, does there have to be extremists in this country? Isn't there enough to worry about in the world besides a marriage of a black man and a white woman?

Thats what I thought

jj45
07-27-2007, 06:05 PM
I know he feels. I'm a black football player and my fiance' bosnian. And her family really wants to disown her cuz me. Is strange how many people don't believe racist goes on today. But it does, some things are hard to change

princefielder28
07-27-2007, 06:15 PM
A wedding is suppose to be a celebration of two people's love for each but unfortunately it will be hampered by individuals who still view people by the color of their skin.

neko4
07-29-2007, 09:23 AM
Good news:
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=ap-boisestate-johnson&prov=ap&type=lgns

Green Bay Scat
07-29-2007, 05:20 PM
i thought it was because he beat OU, some guys would want to ruin that for him lol

The Great Jonathan Vilma
07-29-2007, 07:00 PM
horrible. just horrible. i realize that a lot of people still see in colour, but i for one don't see it at all. People are people IMO. its sad that these two people who are in love can't just enjoy what should be one of the best days of their lives to date without some idiots doing something stupid.

its sad when u hear things like this, it really bothers me.

ninerfan
07-29-2007, 07:02 PM
Good luck to em

The Great Jonathan Vilma
07-29-2007, 07:06 PM
I know he feels. I'm a black football player and my fiance' bosnian. And her family really wants to disown her cuz me. Is strange how many people don't believe racist goes on today. But it does, some things are hard to change

i feel bad for both u and ur fiance. its a terrible thing that some people can't just see the love that the individuals share. Hopefully one day they will see u for the person u are and embrace both u and ur relationship with their daughter. all the best to u both in the future.

Flyboy
07-31-2007, 11:35 PM
*yawn*

I'm not surprised at all.

Creek
08-01-2007, 03:14 AM
Haha, "Popadics..."

Oh, I mean, rggh! Racism sucks!