DE Charles Haley

LB Derrick Brooks
LB Ray Nitschke
LB Ray Lewis

CB Charles Woodson
CB Champ Bailey
FS Ed Reed
SS Ronnie Lott

Vote on which team has the better college players. Not which team had the better NFL success.

12-27-2006, 01:15 PM
Comahan's thoughts on his team (Florida State):

- This heavy running option offense is led by the greatest option quarterback in college football history. Tommie Frazier led his Nebraska team, which is considered by many to be the best college football team ever, to two National Championships, and almost a third. He was the MVP of Three National Championship games. All Tommie Frazier did was win. He is considered by many to be the best leader in NCAA history.

- The number one Running Back option is arguably the greatest player of any position in the history of college football in Herschel Walker. in 1982 Herschel Walker won the Heisman Trophy, as well as the Maxwell and the Walter Camp awards. His freshman year of 1980 is widely regared as the greatest season ever by a first year player.

- The second rushing option is the man who is second all time in yards in NCAA history. Ricky Williams was a Fullback at Texas before he took over at Running back and broke record after record after record. Williams won the Heisman trophy in his record setting year of 1998 as well as the Maxwell and Walter Camp awards. He also won two straight Doak Walker awards.

- Speaking of Doak Walker, he happens to be my next option in this offense. He is a smaller back can can catch balls out of the backfield, and be a change of pace to the big powerful backs like Walker & Williams. Doak is another Heisman Trophy winner, a two time Cotton Bowl MVP, and a Maxwell award winner. The running back of the year award is named after this man, and for good reason.

- My #1 recieving option is one of the most dynamic playmakers in the history of college football, and yet another Heisman Trophy Winner. Desmond Howard made huge catch after huge catch after huge return after huge return. He will run end-arounds in this offense, as he did at Michigan, where he ran for multiple touchdowns in his heisman trophy winning season. In that 1991 year, he also won the Walker Camp, and Maxwell awards.

- My #2 recieving option is in-arguably the greatest college Tight End EVER. Keith Jackson was an all american at Oklahoma, where he set Tight End records in an option offense. He averegaed over 23 yards per catch and was an amazing blocker. He is simply a perfect fit for my offense.

- My OLine is anchored by another G.O.A.T. John Hannah was a wrecking machine at the University of Alabama, and is widely believed to be the Greatest guard of all time. To his left is Jonathan Ogden, one of the greatest Left Tackles ever. At center is Dwight Stevenson, who Bear Bryant claims is the best player he ever coached, regardless of position, and is a multiple time all-american. At right Guard is Steve Wisniewski who is a multiple time all-american and turned out to be one of the best NFL guards ever. Anchoring my right side is John Hicks. You can argue that in 1973, Hicks had the best year for a lineman EVER. He finished second in the Heisman voting, and won the Lombardi and Outland Awards.

- The defense I drafted is about Speed, Pressure, and Playmaking ability. I have 3 great pass rushers on my line in Carson, Sapp, and Suggs. Harry Carson is arguably the best player in DII History. Warren Sapp won every award imaginable in 1994, and Terrell Suggs is the all-time leader in single-season sacks. The anchor of my D-Line however is Steve Emtman. At Washington, Emtman was an absolute force. He was considered the best overall player on the 1991 Husky undefeated national championship team. A consensus All-American, Emtman won the Outland Trophy & Lombardi Award. He also was being named the Pac-10 Defensive Player of the Year during his impressive junior year of 1991. He finished fourth in the balloting for the Heisman Trophy.

- My LB Corps are all playmakers. Lavar Arrington was an All Big-Ten selection, twice a first team All-American, and he won the 1999 Chuck Bednarik and Dick Butkus awards for his defensive prowess. He was 9th in the Heisman balloting. Derrick Thomas will be coming from teh other side. Thomas smashed many Crimson Tide defensive records, including sacks in a single season. He was awarded the Butkus Award in 1988 after a season which saw him record 27 sacks along with finishing 10th in Heisman Trophy balloting. He was also selected as a unanimous All-American at the conclusion of the 1988 season. In the middle is Cornelius Bennett. Bennett was a first selection on the College Football All-America Team 3 times. As a senior, he won the Lombardi Award, SEC Player of the Year honors, and finished 7th in balloting for the Heisman Trophy.

- The Leader of my secondary is Rod Woodson, who was a multiple time all american and will be playing Free-Safety. My two corners are playmakers. Terrell Buckley was a stud in college. He had a 7 int, and 5 int seasons in his final two years, making big play after big play. Shawn Springs was another multiple time all-american at Ohio State, and will shut down the other side. You will not go over the middle on my D. Waiting there to murder you will be Steve Atwater, multiple time all-american from the university of Arkansas. My secondary could be considered my weakest spot. But consider if I go up against multiple recievers, I essentially have 3 CB's with Rod Woodson playing safety, who can man up anyone

Shane P. Hallam
12-27-2006, 03:40 PM
Florida State:
Coach: Bobby Bowden
- Tommie Frazier - QB - Nebraska
- Herschel Walker - RB - Georgia
- Doak Walker - RB - SMU
- Ricky Williams - FB - Texas
- Desmond Howard - WR - Michigan
- Keith Jackson - TE - Oklahoma
- Jonathan Ogden - LT - UCLA
- John Hannah - LG - Alabama
- Dwight Stevenson - C - Alabama
- Steve Wisniewski - RG - Penn State
- John Hicks - RT - Ohio State

- Terrell Suggs - DE - Arizona State
- Steve Emtman - DT - Washington
- Warren Sapp - DT - Miami
- Harry Carson - DE - South Carolina State
- Lavar Arrington - OLB - Penn State
- Cornelius Bennett - MLB - Alabama
- Derrick Thomas - OLB - Alabama
- Shawn Springs - CB - Ohio State
- Steve Atwater - SS - Arkansas
- Rod Woodson - FS - Purdue
- Terrell Buckley - CB - Florida State

VERSUS

Michigan
Coach: Bo Schembechler

- Offense -

QB John Elway
RB Marcus Allen
FB Larry 'Zonk' Csonka

TE Kellen Winslow
WR Lynn Swann
WR Raghib 'Rocket' Ismail

LT Walter Jones
LG Calvin Jones
C Chuck Bednarik
RG Bruce Matthews
RT Willie Roaf

- Defense -

DE Reggie White
DT 'Mean Joe' Greene
DT Russell Maryland
DE Charles Haley

LB Derrick Brooks
LB Ray Nitschke
LB Ray Lewis

CB Charles Woodson
CB Champ Bailey
FS Ed Reed
SS Ronnie Lott

Vote on which team has the better college players. Not which team had the better NFL success.

On offense, Florida State is absolutely nasty. Running an option offense with Frazier, Ricky, Doak for speed, and the best pure runner in college history in Walker, there are a lot of opportunities there. Toss in the speed of Howard, and lots can be done with this offense. Michigan has a lot of pass rushing ability up front, but I'm not sure if they quite have the college D-line to match up with these players. A lot of their guys up front, Brooks, Lewis, Green, and White had MUCH better pro careers than college careers. I'd even toss Ed Reed in there. That being said, Lott could come up and help. Obviously, Desmon Howard would be shut down absolutely by Woodson, and Keith Jackson, the best TE in college history, could provide an odd match-up for Michigan's defense. The option wins out here.

On the other side of the ball, Michigan has a very good passing QB in Elway and a nice runner in Marcus Allen. Csonka didn't exactly have a great great college career and may hurt them a bit. Rocket, who'd likely be matched up against Buckley, would definitely have some problems, and Swann wasn't one of the true great college WRs. I think that Michigan could exploit certain aspects of FSU's game (Sapp, etc.) but with Emtman up front and LBs with good speed and run stopping ability, FSU should keep it in reach to win.

ccB
12-27-2006, 04:41 PM
My problem with Michigan is there OL. Were Roaf and Jones even that dominant in college?

Shane P. Hallam
12-27-2006, 06:03 PM
My problem with Michigan is there OL. Were Roaf and Jones even that dominant in college?

No, definitely not close to the level they are today. They would really get bumrushed by Cason and Suggs. Toss in Arrington or Thomas coming off the end, they'd get owned.

comahan
12-27-2006, 06:11 PM
FSU!

The only defense in this draft that could even think about stopping that offense is Ohio State.

draftguru151
12-27-2006, 06:43 PM
FSU's ground game is ridiculous. Michigan's team is alright at best.

thetedginnshow
12-27-2006, 06:52 PM
FSU's DL is ridiculous. The defense itself is outstanding, but that DL is amazing. Sapp was a beast, but Emtman was arguably the most dominant collegiate D-lineman ever.

danman253
12-27-2006, 07:38 PM
Florida State:
http://marknicodemo.mu.nu/archives/Florida%20State%20Seminoles.jpg
Coach: Bobby Bowden
- Tommie Frazier - QB - Nebraska
- Herschel Walker - RB - Georgia
- Doak Walker - RB - SMU
- Ricky Williams - FB - Texas
- Desmond Howard - WR - Michigan
- Keith Jackson - TE - Oklahoma
- Jonathan Ogden - LT - UCLA
- John Hannah - LG - Alabama
- Dwight Stevenson - C - Alabama
- Steve Wisniewski - RG - Penn State
- John Hicks - RT - Ohio State

- Terrell Suggs - DE - Arizona State
- Steve Emtman - DT - Washington
- Warren Sapp - DT - Miami
- Harry Carson - DE - South Carolina State
- Lavar Arrington - OLB - Penn State
- Cornelius Bennett - MLB - Alabama
- Derrick Thomas - OLB - Alabama
- Shawn Springs - CB - Ohio State
- Steve Atwater - SS - Arkansas
- Rod Woodson - FS - Purdue
- Terrell Buckley - CB - Florida State

VERSUS

Michigan
http://valuecarpetonline.com/michigan-dm.jpg
Coach: Bo Schembechler

- Offense -

QB John Elway
RB Marcus Allen
FB Larry 'Zonk' Csonka

TE Kellen Winslow
WR Lynn Swann
WR Raghib 'Rocket' Ismail

LT Walter Jones
LG Calvin Jones
C Chuck Bednarik
RG Bruce Matthews
RT Willie Roaf

- Defense -

DE Reggie White
DT 'Mean Joe' Greene
DT Russell Maryland
DE Charles Haley

LB Derrick Brooks
LB Ray Nitschke
LB Ray Lewis

CB Charles Woodson
CB Champ Bailey
FS Ed Reed
SS Ronnie Lott

FSUs offense is beastley. A potent runnign attack of the Walkers/WIlliams and a great option QB in frazier makes them deadly, but also they have a beastley OL. Very hard to rivals this. Not to mention a great WR/RET in Howard.

Defensively for FSU they have some of the most aggressive players in football. Suggs is always a hazrd to offenses and with two beasts in the middle that DL is fierce. Lavar anchors the lB coree and they have a solid secondary. Not a complete shutdown defense but solid.

Michigans offense is pretty good but nothing to write home about. The backfield is solid but the receiving is meh. Swan and Ismail are explosive but i'm not a fan of the TE, i hated Winslow at UM and was an underachiever. The OL is solid but FSUs is better.

Michigans defense is very solid though. That secondary is AMAZING. Woodson and Bailey the ball hawks. Reed is the speed cover guy and Lott is the big intimidator. Also that LB corp is rock solid as well Lewis, nitsche, and Brooks are great. The DL is ok thought. White would be the big enforcer but meh on the rest.

In the end FSUs rushing attack would be too much for Michigan too handle.

FSU wins

D-Unit
12-27-2006, 08:13 PM
I don't care if FSU wins. Comahan broke the rules. We had a specific line up to build and he drafted a team that went against those rules.

I followed the rules, but in this game, rules are meaningless... as is the case here. I wouldn't have drafted this team if I knew we could make our own offensive formations. I was stuck trying to fill the roster as laid out in the rules cards put out originally.

Shane P. Hallam
12-27-2006, 08:18 PM
I asked Cards and he said we could make our own formation. But really, take out Doak Walker and toss in Howard Twiley or something and you still lose though :\

D-Unit
12-27-2006, 08:25 PM
I asked Cards and he said we could make our own formation. But really, take out Doak Walker and toss in Howard Twiley or something and you still lose though :\
I would've had an entirely different team.

Shane P. Hallam
12-27-2006, 08:28 PM

If commie had stuck to the "rules"? What?

thetedginnshow
12-27-2006, 08:51 PM

No. He's saying had he known ahead of time that everyone could create their own offenses, his entire team would have obviously been different due to the fact that he would have also not stuck to the norm.

Shane P. Hallam
12-27-2006, 08:56 PM

No. He's saying had he known ahead of time that everyone could create their own offenses, his entire team would have obviously been different due to the fact that he would have also not stuck to the norm.

And I was implying if we all stuck to the norm he would still lose.

I understand, but there weren't official rules in place about our offensive lineups, cards just put a general guideline up.

D-Unit
12-27-2006, 10:37 PM

And I was implying if we all stuck to the norm he would still lose.

I understand, but there weren't official rules in place about our offensive lineups, cards just put a general guideline up.
HAHA!!! Is that what you call wanna call it now?

Eat your words son. You just got owned!

JBond93[/b]]Can we make sure we set the rules/lineups/everything before we actually start?

1 QB
1 RB
2 WR
1 TE
5 OL
1 WR/TE/FB

Defensively:
4 or 3 DL
3 or 4 LB
4 DB

Anything else you want decided?

comahan
12-27-2006, 10:43 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/college/1998/bowls/fiesta/news/1999/01/04/second_notes/t1_frazier_all_01.jpg

Tommie Frazier will lead another team to victory!

D-Unit
12-27-2006, 10:50 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/college/1998/bowls/fiesta/news/1999/01/04/second_notes/t1_frazier_all_01.jpg

Tommie Frazier will lead another team to victory!
So long as you know you didn't follow the rules...

comahan
12-27-2006, 10:58 PM
Ah, but you do realize that 4 total teams did not follow that post (which was randomly put on the second or third page, never on the main page, and was never mentioned after that) One of those who didnt follow that post is the person who posted the rules~

I didn't know there were rules until you starting whining to JBond toward the end of the draft.

Q. What do you have to say about this situation Desmond?

A. Desmond Howard: *pose*

http://www.umich.edu/~urecord/0405/Sept13_04/img/040913_football_thecatch.jpg|http://www.fastprogram.com/desmond%20howard.jpg

ccB
12-27-2006, 11:34 PM
http://www.cathouse-fcc.org/gifs-jpegs/zulurun.jpg

Comahan

12-27-2006, 11:37 PM
http://www.matt-d.com/ghetto/crybaby.jpg

D-Unit

draftguru151
12-27-2006, 11:45 PM

D-Unit

You just got owned!

D-Unit
12-27-2006, 11:48 PM

D-Unit

You just got owned!
lol :lol:

How can I get owned in a copy cat reply? :lol:

CCB was the originator...

...and everybody knows CCB WINS EVERYTHING! 8)

Shane P. Hallam
12-27-2006, 11:53 PM
Lol, not this one. I talked to Cards during the draft to make sure those were just guidelines and we could run whatever we wanted! You could have done the same.

D-Unit
12-27-2006, 11:55 PM
Ah, but you do realize that 4 total teams did not follow that post (which was randomly put on the second or third page, never on the main page, and was never mentioned after that) One of those who didnt follow that post is the person who posted the rules~

I didn't know there were rules until you starting whining to JBond toward the end of the draft.

Add those 4 teams to the list of guys that didn't follow the rules.

...and Cards decided midway through the draft that she didn't like her team so she decided to bend the rules.

...like the one where she said at the end of the draft that you can allow your players to play multiple positions as long as they are not on offense or defense.

Don't even include me in this competition. I'm a man of integrity and there is NONE here. I even got skipped when there was no clock! How you figa?

12-27-2006, 11:57 PM

...and Cards decided midway through the draft that she didn't like her team so she decided to bend the rules.

...like the one where she said at the end of the draft that you can allow your players to play multiple positions as long as they are not on offense or defense.

Don't even include me in this competition. I'm a man of integrity and there is NONE here. I even got skipped when there was no clock! How you figa?

Stop crying because you're getting beat. They were simply guidelines, you didn't have to follow them perfectly, I never planned to myself. How would not taking a TE drastically change how good my team was?

What was wrong with that part?

You had an hour to pick, you didn't, so you were skipped.

ccB
12-27-2006, 11:58 PM
I didnt follow the rules either. But comahan was the originator of the rule break.

D-Unit
12-27-2006, 11:59 PM
Lol, not this one. I talked to Cards during the draft to make sure those were just guidelines and we could run whatever we wanted! You could have done the same.
HAHAHA!!!

So I should've ignored the rules that were posted in the beginning, asked to see if I could purposely not follow them AND keep it a secret???

Oh ok. My bad! LMFAO!!!

...and Cards didn't even mention to the rest of us of your secret cunniving plan...

I guess that makes you a TRUE WINNER! :lol: ...Yeah, you're a winner alright! :lol:

D-Unit
12-28-2006, 12:01 AM

Stop crying because you're getting beat. They were simply guidelines, you didn't have to follow them perfectly, I never planned to myself. How would not taking a TE drastically change how good my team was?

What was wrong with that part?

You had an hour to pick, you didn't, so you were skipped.
Guidelines, my ass. The word was "rules".

The clock had stopped for the day with me still having time left. You skipped me and there is no excuse. You already admitted you were wrong for doing so when it happened. Don't try and change your tune now.

Pfff.

12-28-2006, 12:02 AM
When did I say I was wrong? And what was wrong with what I did in the second part of your original post?

draftguru151
12-28-2006, 12:02 AM
You are taking whining to a new level.

D-Unit
12-28-2006, 12:04 AM
Whining, shmining... Am I right? Das what I thought.

D-Unit
12-28-2006, 12:04 AM
When did I say I was wrong? And what was wrong with what I did in the second part of your original post?
You apologized to me on aim, so stop trying to deny it.

12-28-2006, 12:05 AM
No, you're wrong and a crybaby.

12-28-2006, 12:05 AM
:lol: I never apologized to you.

D-Unit
12-28-2006, 12:07 AM
Name calling? Is that what you've stooped to now? Shame, shame, shame... and you teach 8th graders? :roll:

D-Unit
12-28-2006, 12:08 AM
:lol: I never apologized to you.
Yeah, suuuuuuuure...

12-28-2006, 12:08 AM
Name calling? Is that what you've stooped to now? Shame, shame, shame... and you teach 8th graders? :roll:
You're not denying it. Stop beotching. Your team is inferior, you lose.

draftguru151
12-28-2006, 12:09 AM

It seems that you are just mad because you didn't take advatage of the situaton like others did.

D-Unit
12-28-2006, 12:10 AM
You're not denying it. Stop beotching. Your team is inferior, you lose.
This isn't about winning or losing. I'm not trying to steal your E-coolness away by trying to win some fake online fantasy draft. Get over yourself.

I like competition, but not when the rules change halfway through the game.

D-Unit
12-28-2006, 12:13 AM

It seems that you are just mad because you didn't take advatage of the situaton like others did.
First of, I ain't mad. I'm just making posts to backup why I am right. If you guys are mad, then that's your own issues that you have to deal with.

...didn't take advantage??? What advantage? Coming up with a way to bend the rules and keep it a secret? Oh yeah... Why didn't I think of that?! durrr... :lol:

12-28-2006, 12:16 AM
Whose keepin' secrets here Braden?

D-Unit
12-28-2006, 12:19 AM
Whose keepin' secrets here Braden?
Not me Noelani.

Shane P. Hallam
12-28-2006, 12:31 AM
Someone's sleeping on the couch tonight...

Deja Vu!

12-30-2006, 12:37 PM
Comahan wins, crybaby loses.