PDA

View Full Version : Roster Predictions

Caddy
07-28-2007, 03:48 AM
How does everyone think the roster is ultimately going to shake up? Anybody predicting any more bold cuts? Here is my take:

QB: Garcia, Simms and Gradkowski all figure to make the roster although there are still question marks surrounding Simms and Luke McCown is a dark horse for a spot.

RB: I see Caddy, Pittman and Alstott all being guaranteed of roster spots with the remaining 2 spots being vied for between Graham, Darby and Askew. I think Askew gets one as Alstotts backup and Graham beats out Darby based purely on experience and ST ability.

WR: There should be some interesting battles within this position in training camp with 6 in total probably making the roster (one as a returner). Galloway and Stovall are locks, Clayton looks to get one more chance, Boston hopes to revive his career and Hilliard continues to be consistent. Owens gets the last spot over Jones as the returner.

TE: Smith and Stevens seem likely to battle over the starting gig with Becht getting the 3rd spot as the blocking TE.

OL: There are a lot of question marks here regarding how many lineman make the roster. Due to the versatility of players such as Davis and Buenning, the Buccaneers may get away with having one less lineman than usual. Petitgout and Trueblood are pencilled in to start at tackled being backed up by Denman and Davis. At guard Joseph holds down the right side and Sears/Davis battle for the left side. Buenning and Wade compete for center.

DE: With the releasing of Rice, Adams seems destined to start from day 1. Chukwurah, Spires and Jenkins round out the rest of the depth regarding this position.

DT: I believe 4 players will eventually represent this position on the roster and I see 6 legitimate contenders. Wyms, Carter, Hovan, Peterson, Haye and Sims. Carter and Hovan figure to be the starters and I like Peterson and Haye as back-ups although I would not be surprised if neither made the team.

LB: Brooks, Ruud, June and Black are locks. I think Nece and Winborn also make the roster. Hayward seems to be competing with several players for special team time however I think he may be destined for the PS this year.

S: There shouldn't be any strange decisions here with Jackson, Piscitelli, Phillips and Allen making the roster. I also believe Kalvin Pearson makes the roster for ST reasons.

CB: Barber, Kelly and Buchanon are locks barring release. I see Davis grabbing the dime position and Zemaitas and Hamilton fighting for the final spot. Ultimately I feel Z will get one more year, if that.

ST: No surprises here. Bidwell, Bryant and Economos make the roster.

etk
07-28-2007, 07:35 AM
Eh, they all suck except for Brooks, so I don't care. I don't think Sammy Davis will make the roster, his suckage exceeds a reasonable amount. Smith/Stevens will be battling for the 2nd spot, Becht is our #1 TE and will always be on the field as part of our base offensive package. I've said it once and I'll say it again, 6 WRs shouldn't make the roster.

Fresh
07-30-2007, 07:34 PM
I think Hayward will be on the roster,to sit the bench. He could get some playing time at SSLB sometime this year maybe.

dbtb135
07-30-2007, 11:47 PM
I agree, except I am expecting Wyms or Sims to make the roster and Jenkins to not make the final cut. He's a tweener who isn't big enough to play DT and not quick enough to play DE. With guys like Carter and Wyms, and if we need it Haye and Peterson with the skill set to play LDE, I don't think Jenkins would be worth a roster spot.

Fresh
07-30-2007, 11:54 PM
Jenkins is going with Charles Bennentt. I really think Wyms is getting too much money to rid the bench. I think maybe we wait and see what Carter does. If Carter is excelling a the position,than trading Wyms for anything would be nice. If Wyms couldn't be had through a trade, I am all for releasing the guy.

Caddy
07-31-2007, 03:03 AM
Jenkins is going with Charles Bennentt. I really think Wyms is getting too much money to rid the bench. I think maybe we wait and see what Carter does. If Carter is excelling a the position,than trading Wyms for anything would be nice. If Wyms couldn't be had through a trade, I am all for releasing the guy.

He'll go on IR?

Fresh
07-31-2007, 09:16 AM
He'll go on IR?

Boy, you love quoting me don't you. Bennett will get cut one way or another

etk
07-31-2007, 10:21 AM

Who said Wyms is ridding the bench? Right now he's our most proven option at UT and makes plays when healthy. We traded Booger to let Wyms start, why would we trade Wyms too a year later? That would be a poor management cycle, but not one I wouldn't expect with what's happened lately in our front office.

Fresh
07-31-2007, 10:45 AM
Who said Wyms is ridding the bench? Right now he's our most proven option at UT and makes plays when healthy. We traded Booger to let Wyms start, why would we trade Wyms too a year later? That would be a poor management cycle, but not one I wouldn't expect with what's happened lately in our front office.
Here is what I think.. Kevin Carter or Greg Spires will be either play UT or LDE. One of those will start at UT or play LDE. Wyms is in the competiton but I just don't see him starting over Carter at this point. Add in Jovan Haye who is competiting, and looking impressive right now, I just dont see him. If he does start(Wyms) which would be lovely,but if he doesn't then we are paying a rotational DT way too much.

Caddy
07-31-2007, 04:20 PM
Boy, you love quoting me don't you. Bennett will get cut one way or another

We would have to pay Bennett an injury settlement if he were to be cut and I'm not sure I see that happening seeing as how he isn't on a huge contract anyway.