PDA

View Full Version : Rivals Classes 04-07, where are they now?

NittanyLion2k7
07-30-2007, 10:12 PM
I started a thread like this awhile back where I went back and looked at the top 10 guys from Rivals.com classes. It doesn't seem to be on the board anymore and it's been awhile since i made that one so I supose its time for a new thread updated with new years.

1)Adrian Peterson, RB Oklahoma - Drafted 7th overall in the 07 Draft. Statistically one of the best rb's ever in Oklahoma and College football history... definitely lived up to his billing.
2)Ted Ginn Jr, DB Ohio State - Never actually played a down as a DB if I can recall, but went on to become a pretty explosive playmaker in the WR and punt return game. Drafted 9th overall in the 07 draft but many like myself feel he is overrated...
3)Early Doucet, WR LSU - Will play his senior season at LSU and should be the anchor of a transitioning wr corps. Had a very good jr season posting up 59 catches for 772 yds and 8 tds, definitely a top 3 wr prospect going into the 08 draft.
4)Rhett Bomar, QB Oklahoma - Had a very promising sophormore season where he showcased his talent and leadership... before being kicked out of school for accepting money from a dealership. Is now playing Div 1AA ball I believe...
5)Keith Rivers, LB USC - Has been anchoring the USC LB corp for a few seasons, and will enter his senior season as a Top 5 LB prospect for the 08 draft.
6)Willie Williams, LB Miami - Left Miami because he didn't get along with the Coaching staff. Someone told me he's at Louisville but the Willie Williams there is 6'3" and 300 lbs... I don't know if he put on that much weight. I also found an article that said he transferred to West Virginia... but I didn't find him on their roster.
7)Brandon Miller, DE Georgia - Moved around the Georgia defense and will go into the 08 season as the starting MLB. Hasn't quite lived up to his billing... only starting 15 games the last 3 seasons. If anyone knows why, please let me know.
8)Derrick Harvey, DE Florida - Standout DE going into his *Junior* season as a top DE prospect in the NFL Draft. Collected a whopping 11 sacks in the 07 season and is projected as a Lottery pick. (Thanks for the correction)
9)Jeff Schweiger Jr, DE USC - Injuries derailed his career. He took a year off to recover and is now at San Jose State.
10)Xavier Lee, QB FSU - Ahh Xavier Lee. The Bane of many FSU fans, and the savior for many other FSU fans... mercurial QB in the mold of Michael Vick and is currently competing for the starting spot with Drew Weatherford last I checked. (If it's otherwise please let me know) Hasn't done much in the past 3 seasons and has played spot duty with Weatherford getting most of the starts. I believe he was also invovled in some legal trouble.

2005 Rivals Class
1)Derrick Williams, ATH PSU - Ahhh so much promise. The one player that really brought PSU back into the limelight, contributed with 4 TD's in 7 games before breaknig his arm. Sophormore year I think he put on a little too much weight and the pressure got to him... had only 1 TD. His upcomign Jr. season will be the real test of whether he is a bust or a star. Is now down to 187 lbs from his weight of 200+ last season.
2)Patrick Turner, WR USC - Another 6'5" USC WR? Sure thing. Like Williams and Jarrett, Turner is just as productive and possibly a bit faster of a WR prospect. He's definitely on the radar for NFL scouts and if he turns in a productive season he will find himself as the leader of the USC Wr corps. Currently holds one of the starting WR spots.
3)Eugene Monroe, OL Virginia - It always raises eyebrows for me when I see top prospects go to Virginia... I don't follow them at all so somone will have to fill me in on his progress.
4)Melvan Alaeze, DE Maryland - A very highly coveted DE prospect for this class, it was down to the wire PSU and Maryland and Maryland got him... But he never played a down for them, was released before his freshmen year due to drug charges. Bounced around in Hargrave for a bit and is now on the Illinois squad. However I couldn't find him on their roster or depth chart on the Rivals Illinois site.
5)Rey Maulauga, LB USC - One of the tandem of USC LB's seemingly going straight to the pro's... is currently the starting Strongside OLB I believe. A very good prospect for the NFL, I'd say one of the Top 10 in college football right now.
6)Fred Rouse, WR FSU - Kicked out of FSU for "conduct detrimental to the team." An ultra talented and very fast wr int he mold of Randy Moss, but with a nasty thug like attitude, Fred Rouse was the shining jewel of the 2005 FSU class. After one season, he was kicked out and is currently playing for Texas El Paso. He is listed as backup on their depth chart.
7)Mark Sanchez, QB Usc - Despite what many will have praise for John David Booty, USC fans still beleive Mark Sanchez is easily more talented and should have been the startnig QB last season. While he hasn't yet played a meaningful down for USC, he has run in a bit of trouble as a woman claimed he sexually assaulted her... but those charges were dropped. Should be a starter next season in his Jr. Year. Currently is the backup to JDB.
8)Martellus Bennett, TE A&M - A dual sport athlete, he tried to play for both football and basketball teams early on but is now focusing solely on football. Highly productive and a true receiving threat, the 6'7" Bennett is one of the top TE's in college football. Needs improvement on blocking however.
9)Reginald Youngblood, OL Miami - I think he's a two year starter at LT but hasn't come played up to his accolades. Rivals comments that his "footwork is unmatched" and that he has the ability to get nasty and make you eat turf. I don't think Miami fans will attest he's quite either of those compliments... he's definitely not one of the top LT's in college football.
10)Jonathan Stewart, RB Oregon - Overshadowed a bit by his southern counterpart Adrian Peterson, it is important to note Stewart has been a star in his own right in the pacific Northwest. A scary beast with power, really a punshign runner... Stewart notched 984 yards and 10 tds last year. Should be a breakout star this year.

2006 Rivals Class

1)Percy Harvin, ATH Florida - Absolutely explosive player. This is what Derrick Williams would have been like in a wide open non conservative offense. Cracked the starting lineup as a true freshmen adn ran wild, catching passes and running the ball. Is one of the top playmakers in all of college football and his future looks bright.
2)Andre Smith, OL Alabamba - I don't know anything about him.
3)Chris Wells, RB OSU - Started as a true freshmen I believe, and is a pretty good RB. At the moment I'd say he's probably the 3rd best RB in the Big Ten, which is saying alot for a true Sophormore. A physical specimen, he has good speed for a player his size but needs to fix his fumbling problem. Has a bright future ahead and should be playing on sundays in the future.
4)Gerald McCoy, DT Oklahoma - Redshirted hsi freshmen year. Is currently the backup for one of the DT spots.
5)Sergio Kindle, LB Texas - Played as a backup his freshmen year, this speedy LB showed promise and was competing for a starting spot this summer... was recently arrested for DWI and it's unsure how this will affect his playing time/future.
6)Matt Stafford, QB Georgia - Played his freshmen year and played exactly like a freshmen. Played musical chairs with Joe Terenshki or whatever his name is. Is now the starting QB for Georgia in his true sophormore year.
7)Vidal Hazelton, WR USC - Another recruit that almost chose PSU... Hazelton is a blend of size and route running that draws comparisions to Terrel Owens. He is currently slated as the starter opposite Patrick Turner.
8)C.J. Spiller, RB Clemson - A blistering runner with lightning quick moves, he draws comparisions to none other than Reggie Bush. While he isn't quite as dynamic or creative, he is easily one of the fastest players in college football and definitely one of the most explosive.
9)Allen Bradford, LB USC - If I recall he was originally listed as a RB but Rivals later changed him to LB. Still the decision to choose USC was puzzling since they are relatively stacked at both positions. Hasn't earned any playing time yet and is buried on the depth chart.
10)Mitch Mustain, QB Arkansas - Easily the best freshmen QB last year, he was on his way to a solid Sophormore season before coach firings left him transferrign to USC. He showed poise and the ability to connect on deep balls and looked like he woudl be a 4 year starter at Arkansas. Now he will have to fight for playing time against the likes of Mark Sanchez and Aaron Corp.

neko4
07-30-2007, 10:25 PM
Bomar is at Sam Houston State

BUSTKUNTLAWL
07-30-2007, 10:38 PM
Willie is at Louisville

Jericho@SC
07-30-2007, 10:50 PM
Jeff Schweiger transfered out of 'SC last year. Injuries, health, loss of weight led him to be passed up in the depth chart and he couldn't fight his way back in.

neko4
07-30-2007, 11:10 PM
Jeff Schweiger transfered out of 'SC last year. Injuries, health, loss of weight led him to be passed up in the depth chart and he couldn't fight his way back in.

wheres he now?

Michigan
07-30-2007, 11:40 PM
wheres he now?

Transferred to San Jose State. Sitting out this year, will play 08.

constant cough
07-31-2007, 11:36 AM
Early sure was a man amoungst boys back in high school.

draftguru151
07-31-2007, 01:27 PM
Willie is at Louisville

And it wasn't kicked/dropped out, he transfered because he didn't get along with the coaching staff.

YAYareaRB
07-31-2007, 01:34 PM
Early sure was a man amoungst boys back in high school.

He still is.. Especially that boy Earl Bennett.. MAKE IT RAIN!

YAYareaRB
07-31-2007, 01:36 PM
Transferred to San Jose State. Sitting out this year, will play 08.

For the love of God.. Why would he do such a thing? He should've gone to Cal

Michigan
07-31-2007, 03:24 PM

i'm pretty sure transferring within a conference has its own set of rules (no financial aid, sit out season) that make it more difficult than transferring to another conference. besides, san jose state is on the uprise with dick tomey and will be very competitive in the WAC for the forseeable future.

HoopsDemon12
07-31-2007, 03:31 PM
8)Derrick Harvey, DE Florida - Standout DE going into his Senior season as a top DE prospect in the NFL Draft. Collected a whopping 11 sacks in the 07 season and is projected as a Lottery pick.

i thought he was going into his junior season?

cgrsly57
07-31-2007, 09:54 PM

Hes from San Jose so it makes sense

etk
07-31-2007, 10:21 PM
I thought Willie was the consensus top LB, ahead of Rivers? He's about 6'3 220, so I guess they made a mistake on the site.

draftguru151
07-31-2007, 10:33 PM
Also for Youngblood, he started one season that was injury plagued. He is impressive at times when healthy and him at RT and Fox at LT should definitely help whoever is at QB.

NittanyLion2k7
07-31-2007, 11:34 PM
Yea so I couldn't find anything on Willie Williams. He seems to have dropped off the face of this earth. A few guys ont hose lists are MIA. Melvan Alaeze as well.

JETS5128
08-01-2007, 12:37 AM
Willie is on louisville's roster...
http://uoflsports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/lou-m-footbl-mtt.html

BUSTKUNTLAWL
08-01-2007, 12:41 AM
Melvin Alaeze is likely going to Prison last I heard.

He got kicked out of Maryland very quickly. Then ended up at Illinois, but left for "personal reasons". It has never been officially confirmed, but he never went to class & was a lunatic on campus at Illinois.

And now here is the real downfall:

"Alaeze has been charged with attempted first-degree murder, first-degree assault, armed robbery, car theft and use of a hand gun in the commission of a violent crime."

It's pretty safe to say his career is over. Considering he might be going to jail for life.

YAYareaRB
08-01-2007, 12:47 AM
Andre Smith OL, Alabama. He's a beast. I believe he started a few games. Also has a TD catch when they ran a play for the eligable tackle to catch a pass.

draftguru151
08-01-2007, 12:53 AM
Smith is definitely a beast. Also Oklahoma coaches love McCoy, he's gonna be sick.

Sniper
08-01-2007, 12:54 AM
Andre Smith OL, Alabama. He's a beast. I believe he started a few games. Also has a TD catch when they ran a play for the eligable tackle to catch a pass.

I thought he started every game.

Sniper
08-01-2007, 12:57 AM
Also Beanie Wells didn't start.

YAYareaRB
08-01-2007, 01:00 AM
I thought he started every game.

I wasn't sure so I said I believe..

HoopsDemon12
08-01-2007, 01:00 AM
Rey Maulauga is the starting ILB... not strongside

Sniper
08-01-2007, 01:17 AM
I wasn't sure so I said I believe..

I know. I'm not trying to be a prick just pointing it out.

etk
08-01-2007, 07:16 AM
Yea so I couldn't find anything on Willie Williams. He seems to have dropped off the face of this earth. A few guys ont hose lists are MIA. Melvan Alaeze as well.

He hasn't dropped off the face of the earth...he has a good chance of starting at WLB on Louisville.

jbeans187
08-01-2007, 01:09 PM
Andre Smith is one of my favorite players, he reminds me of Shawn Andrews.
Here are some videos of him...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84-MwAbj7uw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PgdAQkq4gI&mode=related&search=

Brent
08-01-2007, 04:32 PM
Martellus "Money" Bennett is a beast.

NittanyLion2k7
08-01-2007, 05:06 PM
That's the same willie williams? It lists him at 300 LBS! I didn't think it was him because normally people don't gain 50+ lbs and switch from OLB to DT.

NittanyLion2k7
08-01-2007, 05:07 PM
Whoops never mind. There are 2 differnet Willie Williams on that team. But Rivals.com didn't list him on their and he wasn't on their depth chart. Sorry about the mistake.

Canadian_kid16
08-01-2007, 10:06 PM
why wuld Mustain transfer TO USC? It just doesn't make any sence to me, but I do believe that Sanchez is the superior QB so I could just be making a personal opinon here

neko4
08-01-2007, 10:13 PM
1)Percy Harvin, ATH Florida - Greatest thing since sliced bread.
Great analysis

StaticGator
08-02-2007, 01:00 PM
i thought he was going into his junior season?

Derrick Harvey redshirted as a freshman.

Javzz
08-02-2007, 10:43 PM
From what I've heard from USC fans, Bradford has a decent shot of getting their big back spot this year.