PDA

View Full Version : Top 3 Players

remix 6
08-02-2007, 09:43 AM
Who do u view as a top 3 overall player in NFL?

1. Tomlinson - no arguing really..hes everything you want on and off the field

2. Brady - his stats arent always as impressive but hes adapted with very "fair" WRs and hes sill made SB. Hes come a long way. Hes cool in the pocket, finds the open man. Only downside may be his mobility but dont tell Urlacher

3. Bailey - The biggest impact CB since Ty Law(before the rule). Hes fast. good size and plays the run aswell as he plays the pass. Hes been shutdown in Denver and still had 10 INTs last year with him getting minimal passes thrown his way

Michigan
08-02-2007, 09:49 AM
1. Champ Bailey
2. Shawne Merriman
3. Peyton Manning

keylime_5
08-02-2007, 09:54 AM
1-Tomlinson
2-Manning
3-Brady
That was an easy one.

neko4
08-02-2007, 09:58 AM
Tomlinson
Champ
Urlacher

cardsalltheway
08-02-2007, 10:05 AM
1. Ladanian Tomlinson
2. Peyton Manning
3. Tom Brady

CC.SD
08-02-2007, 10:11 AM
1. Ladanian Tomlinson
2. Peyton Manning
3. Tom Brady

Ding ding ding

Michigan
08-02-2007, 10:12 AM
Since everyone else has Tomlinson #1, I may as well explain why he's didn't quite crack my top 3. He certainly was one of (if not the) best players in the NFL last year, but his position has a very short shelf life and he's averaged just under 400 touches per year for his first 6 years. Thats a ton of wear and tear for anyone, regardless of conditioning. Plus, San Diego's o-line could make Maurice Clarett look like a hall-of-famer. LT is certainly a premier talent, but I think we'll be seeing some decline.

LionSmack
08-02-2007, 10:30 AM
Since everyone else has Tomlinson #1, I may as well explain why he's didn't quite crack my top 3. He certainly was one of (if not the) best players in the NFL last year, but his position has a very short shelf life and he's averaged just under 400 touches per year for his first 6 years. Thats a ton of wear and tear for anyone, regardless of conditioning. Plus, San Diego's o-line could make Maurice Clarett look like a hall-of-famer. LT is certainly a premier talent, but I think we'll be seeing some decline.

I reject this entire post

bigbluedefense
08-02-2007, 10:35 AM
Champ Bailey is the best cover corner in the league.

However people are overrating him on this board. He has one bounce back year, and he's now the greatest thing since sliced bread? Cornerbacks play only 50% of the game, the pass game. He's not a force against the run, he doesn't deserve to be top 3.

You can't rank them since they play different positions, but id say in no particular order

Shawne Merriman
Ladanian Tomlinson
Tom Brady/Peyton Manning

Denver Bronco99
08-02-2007, 10:53 AM

However people are overrating him on this board. He has one bounce back year, and he's now the greatest thing since sliced bread? Cornerbacks play only 50% of the game, the pass game. He's not a force against the run, he doesn't deserve to be top 3.

You can't rank them since they play different positions, but id say in no particular order

Shawne Merriman
Ladanian Tomlinson
Tom Brady/Peyton Manning

have you ever seen a broncos game?

Bailey is one of if not the best CB against the run...he is def. a force in the run game

and your logic is flawed, becasue wouldnt brady and manning only play have the 50% of the game, Pass plays?

Ravens1991
08-02-2007, 11:00 AM
But Brady and Manning have led 4th quarter comebacks and play a more valuable position and are leaders of the team.

neko4
08-02-2007, 11:06 AM

When cant judge him on what might happen, but what has happened. I could say that one day Champ Bailey is gonna lose his abilities, that doesnt mean I can't include him in my top3. Plus one day every player will become bad (unless they get a career ending injury in their prime)

Canadian_kid16
08-02-2007, 11:06 AM
LT
Champ
Peyton

The Great Jonathan Vilma
08-02-2007, 11:20 AM
Plus, San Diego's o-line could make Maurice Clarett look like a hall-of-famer.

probably the absolute stupidest thing i've ever read on these boards.......i'm speechless

Turtlepower
08-02-2007, 11:27 AM

San Diego didn't even have the best o-line for a running game last year. Denver's zone blocking scheme will make anyone into a 1,000 yard rusher, but not a hall of famer. I feel as though Minnesota has the best o-line with Mckinnie, Hutchinson, and Birk. San Diego had a great o-line, but you can't deny that Tomlinson is a special player.

Secondly, this is a pointless thread because there are over a dozen positions in the game and how do you rank someone like Marcus McNeil with Peyton Manning. You just can't.

CC.SD
08-02-2007, 12:04 PM

This is the result of SportsCenter generation. LT is more than the sum of his highlights.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
08-02-2007, 12:12 PM
This is the result of SportsCenter generation. LT is more than the sum of his highlights.

i'd just say the guy has no clue what he is talking about..........clearly just has no clue

Man_Of_Steel
08-02-2007, 12:15 PM
LT
Tom Brady
Peyton Manning.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-02-2007, 12:18 PM

Bailey is one of if not the best CB against the run...he is def. a force in the run game

and your logic is flawed, becasue wouldnt brady and manning only play have the 50% of the game, Pass plays?

Bailey definitely not the best CB against the run, that CB plays in Baltimore thank you very much.

Bills2083
08-02-2007, 12:20 PM
1. LT
2. Peyton Manning
3. Champ Bailey

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
08-02-2007, 12:37 PM

Shawne Merriman
Ladanian Tomlinson
Tom Brady/Peyton Manning

Well Bailey is actually very good against the run. Against KC on thanksgiving, he was tackling better than our LBs. That being said though, he is a corner and doesn't have the same impact on the run game as most, so i wouldnt put him top 3 players. My top 3, in alphabetical order:

Brady
Manning
Tomlinson

bigbluedefense
08-02-2007, 12:44 PM

Ive seen plenty of Broncos games. Theres no such thing as a CB thats a "force" against the run. He's a sound tackler yes, but no one says to themselves when they play against the Broncos "damn, we better make sure we get 2 guys on Champ when we're running the ball"

Im not denying that he's the best CB in the game, but why is everyone forgetting his 06 and 05 seasons? To name him top 3 in the league is not accurate. Best CB? Yes. Top 3 in the whole league? Absolutely not.

And qbs effect both the run and pass game far more than a CB does to both. Qbs possess the abillity to audible, cornerbacks don't. Qbs have the ball in their hands every possesion, cornerbacks don't. QBs can scramble as well.

bigbluedefense
08-02-2007, 12:46 PM
Well Bailey is actually very good against the run. Against KC on thanksgiving, he was tackling better than our LBs. That being said though, he is a corner and doesn't have the same impact on the run game as most, so i wouldnt put him top 3 players. My top 3, in alphabetical order:

Brady
Manning
Tomlinson

No doubt. I dont want to give the impression that im hating on Champ because Im not. Im just saying theres no way he can be top 3.

Shiver
08-02-2007, 01:30 PM
LaDainian Tomlinson
Peyton Manning
Julius Peppers

remix 6
08-02-2007, 01:48 PM
whoever said Champ doesnt play run. WOW

85 tackles last year should say it...he isnt chasing or tackling the WR who caught it..hes tackling the RBs.

why do u think people like Champ more than Sanders when choosing? because they always say "i want a corner who isnt afraid to come up"

no way of proving who the best run support CB is because of schemes/opportunities/etc but Champ is a great tackler as is Jammer..Winfield to name afew

as far as Tomlinson and his "amazing line"..
wasnt it 2 years ago when people were saying Chargers OL was bad?..nearly 1500 yards, 18 TDs with the "bad OL" with a 4.3 ypc
u guys act like LT wasnt 1 of the best players before last year..the kids amazing. Hes done it since his rookie year

plus ur gonna blame someone and say "he had a great OL" so it doesnt count?

if ur coach is smart enough to a line..then your teams doing great. makes u wonder why Belichick builds the lines instead of other positions.

UKfan
08-02-2007, 01:53 PM
1. Peyton
2. Brady
3. LT

I really wanted to put Walter Jones in at 3 but he slipped some last year, on top form he would be number 3 for me.

Its all about The U
08-02-2007, 02:17 PM
LT
Peppers
Bailey

tylerb929
08-02-2007, 02:21 PM
Brady - his stats arent always as impressive but hes adapted with very "fair" WRs and hes sill made SB.

as far as Tomlinson and his "amazing line"......
plus ur gonna blame someone and say "he had a great OL" so it doesnt count?

So in one situtation your saying that not having good players around him is what makes him better, but in the other situtation your saying that having good player around you should not effect your overall standing?

Doesn't make much sense to me, either your supporting cast does or does not effect overall standing in the league.

When you were talking about Brady you said he had "fair" WRs, assumambly you were giving reason to put him above Manning. But then when Tomlinson comes around, supporting cast doesn't effect standing? Seems like someone has a biased opinion.

HoopsDemon12
08-02-2007, 02:22 PM
#1 Tomlinson
#2 Peyton Manning
#3 Tom Brady

no love
08-02-2007, 02:52 PM
Tom Brady
LT
Brian Urlacher

Honorable Mention to Peyton. The other guys have always been successful with less, that doesn't say that Peyton isn't a God on that Colts team, but early in his career he has always had two constants - a great WR in Harrison and a great running back.

PackerLegend
08-02-2007, 03:47 PM
1.Brett Favre
2. Donald Driver
3. Al Harris

no im just kidding

1. LT
2. Manning
3. Bailey

P-L
08-02-2007, 03:49 PM
In no order