View Full Version : Rutgers Scarlet Knights Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Giantsfan1080
11-24-2012, 09:28 AM
Let's do this!!

scottyboy
11-24-2012, 09:38 AM
#ChopPitt

as much as I'd love the drama thursday night...I'd love to just beat Pitt and have Louisville lose to Uconn and clinch the title today

Giantsfan1080
11-24-2012, 09:59 AM
#ChopPitt

as much as I'd love the drama thursday night...I'd love to just beat Pitt and have Louisville lose to Uconn and clinch the title today

I'll sign up for that. I just want that BCS bowl.

bigbluedefense
11-24-2012, 01:23 PM
We didn't show up today at all. Got dominated.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-24-2012, 01:35 PM
I am tired of my teams having terrible offenses! Score! Nova is a terrible QB and the play calling was bush league!

scottyboy
11-24-2012, 01:55 PM
Well, thursday heart attack game it is. Good lord

bigbluedefense
11-24-2012, 01:59 PM
At this point I just rest players for Thursday. I'll be pissed if we lose someone to injury during garbage time.

josh07039
11-24-2012, 02:01 PM
Still want Dodd. I miss that smurf.

scottyboy
11-24-2012, 02:04 PM
thursday night is going to be either the best or worst night ever.

bigbluedefense
11-24-2012, 02:09 PM
If Louisville loses today then we won the East by default no?

Giantsfan1080
11-24-2012, 02:50 PM
No because if they beat us next week they would have 2 BE losses and we would also. They'd then have the H2H matchup.

This game didn't matter and the players clearly played that well.

Nove doesn't suck but the coaches don't let the offense do anything. It's unfortunate. OL sucked balls today also.

Giantsfan1080
11-26-2012, 02:01 PM
They better win Thursday.

Forenci
11-26-2012, 03:43 PM
You're welcome, jerks.

Giantsfan1080
11-26-2012, 04:38 PM
You're welcome, jerks.

Since we didn't take care of our own business that game didn't matter anyways.

Giantsfan1080
11-27-2012, 06:25 PM
Empire State Building going red again for Thursday. Finish the season!

Giantsfan1080
11-28-2012, 09:38 AM
I'm too nervous for this game.

Forenci
11-28-2012, 09:40 AM
I hope you lose so I can laugh as you all cry.

That was mean. Actually I hope you guys win.

Giantsfan1080
11-28-2012, 09:44 AM
You're just upset UConn will have to give up football. :)

bigbluedefense
11-28-2012, 09:58 AM
Empire State Building going red again for Thursday. Finish the season!

I honestly hate that. I'm so tired of NY trying to get attention for teams that do well in NJ.

Rutgers is NJ. **** off NY.

scottyboy
11-28-2012, 10:06 AM
i decided I'm skipping my once a week graduate school level education course to make sure I'm on time for the game. yeah.

Giantsfan1080
11-28-2012, 10:28 AM
I honestly hate that. I'm so tired of NY trying to get attention for teams that do well in NJ.

Rutgers is NJ. **** off NY.

Lots of RU alumni in NYC though. I'm sure Rutgers made the request. I'll take the exposure.

Forenci
11-28-2012, 11:25 AM
i decided I'm skipping my once a week graduate school level education course to make sure I'm on time for the game. yeah.

Well that is stupid.

Giantsfan1080
11-28-2012, 11:29 AM
Well that is stupid.

No it's not. Your priorities are just totally off.

Giantsfan1080
11-29-2012, 10:04 AM
I want to leave work now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scottyboy
11-29-2012, 10:06 AM
i'm literally going to explode. I can't handle this

Giantsfan1080
11-29-2012, 10:09 AM
Good quote from Politi today:

"I have a friend who doesn't get the culture of college sports, and I tried to explain it like this once: You can be the most diehard Giants fan in the world, but you can never be a Giant. If you have that diploma on the wall from Rutgers, you are a Scarlet Knight. It matters to you in a different, more personal way. It is part of your identity."

Go start tailgating Scotty!!!! I know there have been people in the lots since 3 AM.

scottyboy
11-29-2012, 10:20 AM
that's an unreal, an so incredibly true, statement. I'm actually not even gonna drink much (or at all) before the game. I wanna be in the zone and remember every bit of it. I'm just so anxious and pumped right now I can't even handle it. My room mate and I are getting to the stadium at like 6 to try and ensure we get front row

Giantsfan1080
11-29-2012, 10:29 AM
That's a good idea. When the Giants are in the playoffs I don't really drink either so I remember everything haha.

I could have got tix so I really regret not going tonight. I'm thinking about buying now.

Forenci
11-29-2012, 11:18 AM
What time is the game? I will be watching it.

I actually do hope you guys win. I mainly just mess around with you all about the whole Rutgers/UConn thing.

Giantsfan1080
11-29-2012, 11:32 AM
What time is the game? I will be watching it.

I actually do hope you guys win. I mainly just mess around with you all about the whole Rutgers/UConn thing.

I know. I hope UConn gets out of that god forsaken conference soon also.

scottyboy
11-29-2012, 11:59 AM
it's 730. i'm so excited. holy crap

Giantsfan1080
11-29-2012, 12:25 PM
Same here. I really need to leave work to have a beer to relax haha.

Forenci
11-29-2012, 12:26 PM
Although if you do lose I will be making fun of you all.

Giantsfan1080
11-29-2012, 12:44 PM
An we'd deserve it. This is a must win. Everything is pointing in our favor. If we lose it would be such a disspointment I wouldn't even know what to do. You think we're both big homers but we have a pretty good pulse on the team when we're being serious. MAJOR problem if we lose tonight and I'm the first to admit it and I'm sure Scotty would also.

scottyboy
11-29-2012, 12:48 PM
i wouldnt admit it because if we lose I'm drinking a gallon a bleach. But I agree.

Giantsfan1080
11-29-2012, 01:06 PM
i wouldnt admit it because if we lose I'm drinking a gallon a bleach. But I agree.

This is true. I'll probably sit in the parking garage all night with the car running.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-29-2012, 02:01 PM
I don't think we win this game. I would be very surprised. Nova is a terrible QB and our offense is flat our brutal! I am not sure if you guys are confident, but with this offense being flat our bad, I can't see us scoring that many points.

Borat
11-29-2012, 02:07 PM
Good luck tonight. I'll be rooting for you.

Giantsfan1080
11-29-2012, 02:10 PM
I don't think we win this game. I would be very surprised. Nova is a terrible QB and our offense is flat our brutal! I am not sure if you guys are confident, but with this offense being flat our bad, I can't see us scoring that many points.

Nova is not terrible and we have enough weapons at the skill positions to take care of the ball. The coaches call the offense way too conservative. Our D is the team though and should be able to stop the Louisvill offense which currently has no running game and a banged up Bridgewater. I'm not confident by any means but it's a game we should absolutely win at home with all the marbles on the table.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-29-2012, 03:48 PM
Nova is not terrible and we have enough weapons at the skill positions to take care of the ball. The coaches call the offense way too conservative. Our D is the team though and should be able to stop the Louisvill offense which currently has no running game and a banged up Bridgewater. I'm not confident by any means but it's a game we should absolutely win at home with all the marbles on the table.

I can't stand him or the offense. The play calling last game was piss poor too! We are not going to win if he stinks it up and on top they call bush league plays.

This is why I am an NFL fan. If we suck at QB draft or sign one. In college, you are who you recruit. So in this system, the rich get richer, while bad programs get ok to bad recruits. I really wanted to see Savage play but he left then.

I am not confident with this QB and system. I like our WRs, but again every throw I am worried it doesn't get picked off.

scottyboy
11-29-2012, 03:56 PM
Good luck tonight. I'll be rooting for you.

luv u

Less than 3 hours. I'm freaking out. Had to drink to quell the anxiety somehow

BigBlueNorwegian
11-29-2012, 04:01 PM
I understand this game is a big deal to my Giants Brothers on this forum. I don't really follow College FB, but I wanted to stop by and show my support! Good luck and go Rutgers!!

Giantsfan1080
11-29-2012, 06:23 PM
Let's ******* this do this!!!!!!!!!!!

Forenci
11-29-2012, 06:36 PM
Sounds like Louisville is pretty banged up. You best be winning.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-29-2012, 09:56 PM
Stupid WRs and oh, did I mention that Nova is terrible?! Yeah, I believe I did. He is beneath a game manager. Whatever level that is, he is that. And the WRs were a joke today. One damn penalty on a fake, changed the whole damn game!

josh07039
11-29-2012, 10:29 PM
I still don't get why Nova beat out Dodd. And I don't get how there was no talk of switching among the coaches. Some say they were afraid to bench him cause of recruiting at Don Bosco. If that is true it is truly pathetic. Regardless of the reason, I don't understand how the coaches didn't think Dodd warranted at least a look at some point. Whenever coaches try to avoid a controversy by not giving the backup a look, it means the starter is the starter for the wrong reasons.

Forenci
11-29-2012, 11:41 PM

http://i.imgur.com/uP0gA.gif

Just kidding. I love you Scotty. Sorry for the tough loss guys.

I do want to make fun of Rutgers but that is mean and too soon so I will say it was a good game.

Giantsfan1080
11-30-2012, 08:06 AM
Yeah it was really Nova's fault everyone around him **** the bed collectively. You guys are clueless.

I can't even describe how upset I am by this. By far one of the worst losses I've ever had to deal with.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-30-2012, 09:40 AM
I still don't get why Nova beat out Dodd. And I don't get how there was no talk of switching among the coaches. Some say they were afraid to bench him cause of recruiting at Don Bosco. If that is true it is truly pathetic. Regardless of the reason, I don't understand how the coaches didn't think Dodd warranted at least a look at some point. Whenever coaches try to avoid a controversy by not giving the backup a look, it means the starter is the starter for the wrong reasons.

We better coach up our WRs better especially in a big game. Our QB stinks, and we need a better QB. I actually miss Mike T. after seeing Nova this season. And the conservative play calling throughout the season.

14-3 and the fake we ran resulted in a TD, which could have made it 21-3. That penalty was the changing point in the game. They scored, fumble by us, they score and the offense stunk.

We are going to get raped in the Big Ten with this talent.

Bengals78
11-30-2012, 11:57 AM
Guys it gets worse.
Sanu is out with a stress fracture to his foot.
Terrible Rutgers weekend.

scottyboy
11-30-2012, 12:57 PM
i don't have any words really. I'm going to do my best to forget this game and block it from my memory forever.

This being said: I fully really how emotionally invested I am in this team. The Politi line sums it up beyond perfectly. Being a part of the school, the culture, the atmosphere. It's something that you can't even describe and it's why the wins and losses mean so much more than they do for pro sports teams, or could for pro sports teams.

That being said: I cried after the game. My roommate and I were the last in the bleachers. I'm surprised a photo hasn't hit the internet of us crying in the bleachers together.

Bengals78
11-30-2012, 12:59 PM
i don't have any words really. I'm going to do my best to forget this game and block it from my memory forever.

This being said: I fully really how emotionally invested I am in this team. The Politi line sums it up beyond perfectly. Being a part of the school, the culture, the atmosphere. It's something that you can't even describe and it's why the wins and losses mean so much more than they do for pro sports teams, or could for pro sports teams.

That being said: I cried after the game. My roommate and I were the last in the bleachers. I'm surprised a photo hasn't hit the internet of us crying in the bleachers together.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me9puh3eGv1rmp8xao1_500.gif

Giantsfan1080
11-30-2012, 01:25 PM

Sorry you had to be there Scotty. Don't worry though because it's going to feel all that much better when we finally do get to the promised land. It will come!

Forenci
11-30-2012, 01:32 PM
Sorry you had to be there Scotty. Don't worry though because it's going to feel all that much better when we finally do get to the promised land. It will come!

Good luck with that being in the Big 10 now.

Giantsfan1080
11-30-2012, 01:35 PM
Good luck with that being in the Big 10 now.

At least we're in a real conference. Everytime I think about the game last night I get immediately depressed. I should stay out of this thread.

Bert Macklin
11-30-2012, 01:44 PM
Don't worry Kent State will avenge your loss!!!!

bigbluedefense
11-30-2012, 06:13 PM

I know you don't want to hear this....especially coming from another Rutgers alum but...

.....come on man....

It's a football game. Let's put this in perspective for a bit. It's a football game.

And I will say this about your education: College is a 2 way street. We as alumni need Rutgers for the education, but Rutgers also got money, research, and aid out of us. It's a 2 way street. They didn't offer us anything for free. We paid for it. College is a business just like anything else.

Our college is the school we went to. It's not family, it's not friends, it's a coporation that sells education.

We get what we get out of it, and they get our money, and we both walk away satisified. Or if you didn't do well, then not so much. But the point I'm trying to make is, your college is a stepping stone for your career, and that's it.

Don't let them sucker you into thinking anything more than that.

scottyboy
11-30-2012, 06:42 PM
I know you don't want to hear this....especially coming from another Rutgers alum but...

.....come on man....

It's a football game. Let's put this in perspective for a bit. It's a football game.

And I will say this about your education: College is a 2 way street. We as alumni need Rutgers for the education, but Rutgers also got money, research, and aid out of us. It's a 2 way street. They didn't offer us anything for free. We paid for it. College is a business just like anything else.

Our college is the school we went to. It's not family, it's not friends, it's a coporation that sells education.

We get what we get out of it, and they get our money, and we both walk away satisified. Or if you didn't do well, then not so much. But the point I'm trying to make is, your college is a stepping stone for your career, and that's it.

Don't let them sucker you into thinking anything more than that.

I'm gonna disagree with you on this one BBD. It's cheesy and cliche but the feelings just being there, the atmosphere of those games, it's more than that. Also realize, this is the team I've been following since I could understand football. Rutgers has always been more than just a team for me and this place is more than just a school or stepping stone for me. The only school I applied to. The school who's players I've been pushing on here for god knows how many years. It's just the feelings, it's more than being just a fan. I felt apart of the team. I've never felt more upset over any giants loss or anything like that. It's just completely different. I am a scarlet knight. Always will be. I'll never be a Giant. I know you're an alum and football fan but Rutgers means just so much more to me. I can't even put it into words

bigbluedefense
11-30-2012, 06:56 PM
I'm gonna disagree with you on this one BBD. It's cheesy and cliche but the feelings just being there, the atmosphere of those games, it's more than that. Also realize, this is the team I've been following since I could understand football. Rutgers has always been more than just a team for me and this place is more than just a school or stepping stone for me. The only school I applied to. The school who's players I've been pushing on here for god knows how many years. It's just the feelings, it's more than being just a fan. I felt apart of the team. I've never felt more upset over any giants loss or anything like that. It's just completely different. I am a scarlet knight. Always will be. I'll never be a Giant. I know you're an alum and football fan but Rutgers means just so much more to me. I can't even put it into words

Scotty. Get your education. Build your network. Do all the internships you can get and use all the resources Rutgers has to offer you while you're there.

But remember, and always remember, everything you did there and get there, you paid for it.

I understand being a fan. I do. I'm obviously a diehard Giant and Knick fan. But let's keep things in perspective.

josh07039
11-30-2012, 06:58 PM
I think there is a middle ground between those perspectives. I love Rutgers and being at a game with that kind of atmosphere is fantastic. Its electric in a way that pro sports doesn't quite compare to because everyone has shared something. Your college experience is more than a simple business transaction. While you are completely gouged by raising tuition costs as the university spends more and more on an athletic progam that, honestly, hasn't been that successful overall and has, in some ways, grown out of control with power (more under schiano, but still), It is important to look past it to an extent and realize that the community of Rutgers has all gone through it with you. You and your fellow alums, professors, etc have all been screwed time and again but Rutgers is your school.

Scotty, to an extent, its admirable that you can believe in Rutgers to the extent that you do, but to be perfectly honest with you, your degree of fandom is a bit unhealthy. Your really need to try to relax just a bit.

Sorry for ******** run on sentences. Proofreading is for bitches and I like to ramble.

scottyboy
11-30-2012, 07:00 PM
haha I wouldn't say it's unhealthy, I'm not as crazy as I probably am perceived here. I just love my school and my team. Last night's loss just hit me super hard with the chance at supreme glory, being there, night game, on espn and my final home game of my senior year

Giantsfan1080
11-30-2012, 10:13 PM
To put it simply college shapes your life. Away from home for the first, being independent, making choices good and bad and so on. Yeah you're paying for the education but it's so much different than a professional sports team and this is coming from someone who has spent countless hours following the Giants and Mets. Last night for me was devastating.

Forenci
11-30-2012, 11:21 PM
Haha, I wanted to say what BBD said but I didn't feel like it was my place since this is your guys' thread.

I understand it's different because you're attending a school, but honestly, it's just a game. School comes first for me in every sense of the word. I would never miss a class for the sake of going to a game. A game that could end just as quickly as it began if the university couldn't afford the team or they got the death penalty for cheating.

I am very attached to my school, but not because of college sports. I had a lot of fun going to UConn games (mainly basketball because, lets be honest, we've been mediocre at best) but at the end of the day it's not going to define my college experience in the slightest. The friends I've made, the connections, the interaction and becoming a campus leader are what made my time at UConn so special. Not the basketball team (which I loved). I could easily give up football or any other of my attachments for more important things in life because it really is just a game. I will never cry over a sporting event because I wouldn't ever have it mean that much to me. I could cry over other things, but I couldn't do it for what amounts to just a game.

I respect your point of view but I don't believe its healthy to be that attached to something which is essentially irrelevant when it boils down to it. An education is far far and away the most important thing. College sports and teams take a way back seat to that.

Even the Giants, whom I am a diehard fan of, would take a back seat to friends, family, school, work, etc. Sure, I might get angry because of something. I might get annoyed, I might even be sad but when push comes to shove I would give it up in a heart beat if my any of those things took priority over it.

Also, RUTGERS BLOWS!

Haha, just kidding but I thought I'd end on a lighter note.

josh07039
11-30-2012, 11:29 PM
Haha, I wanted to say what BBD said but I didn't feel like it was my place since this is your guys' thread.

I understand it's different because you're attending a school, but honestly, it's just a game. School comes first for me in every sense of the word. I would never miss a class for the sake of going to a game. A game that could end just as quickly as it began if the university couldn't afford the team or they got the death penalty for cheating.

I am very attached to my school, but not because of college sports. I had a lot of fun going to UConn games (mainly basketball because, lets be honest, we've been mediocre at best) but at the end of the day it's not going to define my college experience in the slightest. The friends I've made, the connections, the interaction and becoming a campus leader are what made my time at UConn so special. Not the basketball team (which I loved). I could easily give up football or any other of my attachments for more important things in life because it really is just a game. I will never cry over a sporting event because I wouldn't ever have it mean that much to me. I could cry over other things, but I couldn't do it for what amounts to just a game.

I respect your point of view but I don't believe its healthy to be that attached to something which is essentially irrelevant when it boils down to it. An education is far far and away the most important thing. College sports and teams take a way back seat to that.

Even the Giants, whom I am a diehard fan of, would take a back seat to friends, family, school, work, etc. Sure, I might get angry because of something. I might get annoyed, I might even be sad but when push comes to shove I would give it up in a heart beat if my any of those things took priority over it.

Also, RUTGERS BLOWS!

Haha, just kidding but I thought I'd end on a lighter note.It really is tremendously important to have perspective. You can't be destroyed and reduced to tears because of it. The stakes were not "Ultimate Glory" it was simply the chance to go to a bigger bowl that is a big deal, but not really. Im not trying to sound like an asshole, but being so emotionally invested in something like this really isn't healthy for you Scotty. You seem like a good dude, just try to relax a bit.

Giantsfan1080
11-30-2012, 11:37 PM
Speaking for myself but sports are such a big thing for me. I know its ridiculous but it really helps balance everything for me even when I get upset because of a loss like last night. I know I sound like a loser saying this but the distraction it brings to real life really helps which might be unfortunate to others but it works for me. I'm very upset today because of the loss but I still went to work and functioned like a boss because I know how to balance it.

You guys don't post as much as I do but you still take the time out to visit this site so I know you feel the same way.

Forenci
12-01-2012, 12:01 AM
Oh no, I completely understand that element. Sports serve as a great way to get your mind off life and provide a great stress reliever (even if it seems like a stress inducer at times). It allows you to be involved in a community and social structure. Being a fan of the same team is almost like being friends instantly.

Occasionally I run into a Giants fan here down south and whenever I do I make friends with them almost instantly. It's so funny. It's almost like a fraternity (but not a lame one like most fraternities).

But will I ever cry over a game? Highly doubtful. Will I get upset at times? More than likely. It's a fine balance.

Giantsfan1080
12-01-2012, 12:12 AM
Oh no, I completely understand that element. Sports serve as a great way to get your mind off life and provide a great stress reliever (even if it seems like a stress inducer at times). It allows you to be involved in a community and social structure. Being a fan of the same team is almost like being friends instantly.

Occasionally I run into a Giants fan here down south and whenever I do I make friends with them almost instantly. It's so funny. It's almost like a fraternity (but not a lame one like most fraternities).

But will I ever cry over a game? Highly doubtful. Will I get upset at times? More than likely. It's a fine balance.

There are 5 games in my life where I was this upset sports wise. Last night was one of them.

scottyboy
12-01-2012, 08:33 AM
It really is tremendously important to have perspective. You can't be destroyed and reduced to tears because of it. The stakes were not "Ultimate Glory" it was simply the chance to go to a bigger bowl that is a big deal, but not really. Im not trying to sound like an asshole, but being so emotionally invested in something like this really isn't healthy for you Scotty. You seem like a good dude, just try to relax a bit.

It was a chance to go to a BCS game for the first time in the school history. It was a big deal. It was my last game as a student here. It was under the lights with so much on the line and my last game here. I have absolutely no shame that I shed tears over the game. None. It's not like I actually went home and was clinically depressed over the game. It's not like I haven't been able to function. We're all huge sports fan and this university means a lot to me so I really have no shame or regret about shedding tears in the stadium after the loss which was the toughest loss I've ever had to deal with as a sports fan

bigbluedefense
12-01-2012, 09:32 AM
I understand being a fan. We all post here for the same reason. We're passionate fans. I think for me personally, the biggest losses I've ever had to get over were in 94 when the Knicks lost game 7 of the Finals, in 99 when we lost to the Spurs, the 2000 SB to the Ravens, and the loss to the 49ers in 2002 in the playoffs.

I think the 08 playoff loss to the Eagles is up there too.

We all use sports as an escape from reality. All of us. But let's keep in mind that we use sports as entertainment. We entertain ourselves with it.

I understand school loyalty, but I don't understand devotion. Because I look at it like this, Rutgers wouldn't let me in their facility if I didn't pay my tuition. I paid for the rights to their facility, access to their teachers, their research facilities, their libraries etc. I didn't get to use it for free. I paid for the rights to use those tools.

And if I didn't pay for it, I wouldn't be allowed to use it. What do I owe them? What do they owe me? Nothing. It was a business transaction. I needed them to advance my career, they needed my money.

I guess my loyalty to Rutgers doesn't mean as much to me because I've went to other schools too. I've done post graduate education at 2 other colleges so I guess my loyalty to Rutgers is effected by that.

NY+Giants=NYG
12-01-2012, 10:54 AM
I agree BBD. But with sports, it's easy to be emotionally attached.

Giantsfan1080
12-03-2012, 01:53 PM
V. Tech in the Russell Athletic Bowl. Our best bowl ever but still a dissapointment.

Giantsfan1080
12-07-2012, 08:35 AM
So we got a commit from a 24 year old 6'7 Austrailian punter last night.

scottyboy
12-07-2012, 02:16 PM
i saw that. that's hilarious and amazing

bigbluedefense
12-07-2012, 04:04 PM
So we got a commit from a 24 year old 6'7 Austrailian punter last night.

Long legs. More hang time. I like it.

Forenci
12-07-2012, 06:56 PM
Too bad you guys still suck.

Sorry, the grace period is over. SUCK IT RUTGERS!

Giantsfan1080
12-07-2012, 07:00 PM
Too bad you guys still suck.

Sorry, the grace period is over. SUCK IT RUTGERS!

If we suck I don't know what dog s hit pile you're in.

Forenci
12-07-2012, 07:02 PM
Psh, have fun never never winning anything in the Big 10, JERK.

Giantsfan1080
12-07-2012, 07:11 PM
Psh, have fun never never winning anything in the Big 10, JERK.

I'd rather lose in the B1G than be stuck in the Big Country Conference.

Giantsfan1080
12-12-2012, 09:49 AM
4* LB Skai Moore to Rutgers!!!!! Huge get for us. Our LB corps is going to be stacked the next 4 years. Absolutely stacked.

Giantsfan1080
12-12-2012, 04:26 PM
Khas Greene to Senior Bowl.

Giantsfan1080
12-12-2012, 05:08 PM
Scott Vallone to East/West Shrine.

scottyboy
12-12-2012, 08:20 PM
i love how we rake in awesome LB's. my favorite position. So pumped to see Khas tear it up at the senior bowl

Giantsfan1080
12-13-2012, 01:10 PM
DC Jefferson to East/West Shrine.

Mike Rice suspended for 3 games. Looks like we'll have another new bball coach again soon.

scottyboy
12-13-2012, 01:22 PM
just read that. what the hell did he do? what happened?

Giantsfan1080
12-13-2012, 01:24 PM
just read that. what the hell did he do? what happened?

Sounds like some sort of altercation at a practice.

scottyboy
12-13-2012, 01:41 PM
Sounds like some sort of altercation at a practice.

oh god. not this again. christ.

Giantsfan1080
12-28-2012, 07:22 AM
I can't help it but I'm just not as excited for the game tonight as I should be. I hope we romp them so I feel a little better about next year. I'm nervous with all the defensive talent we're losing though.

Giantsfan1080
12-28-2012, 08:54 AM
Also sounds like Ryan and Jamison are as good as gone. Lots of talent to replace.

scottyboy
12-28-2012, 09:01 AM
i agree, just can't get that pumped for it.

expected Logan, a little more surprised with JJ. Hopefully Huggins and that new comer Ayers coming in can carry the load.

we've expected Logan for a while, our secondary is gonna take a hit.

plus khaseem and stevie beau going really hurts. Luckily we've got guys like Hamilton and Snyder who could fit in nicely to replace these guys. they got big shoes to fill though

Giantsfan1080
12-28-2012, 09:06 AM
I'm scared about the secondary for next year. It might be a mess early. I think we have plenty of talent to take the hits on the DL and LB though. Losing them is obviously going to hurt but we have the most young talent in the LB corps to replace them.

Giantsfan1080
12-29-2012, 05:11 PM
That was the worst game I've ever seen a QB play and I'm a Nova defender. Dodd sucks also but Flood had to put him in. That was awful coaching.

bucfan12
12-29-2012, 05:14 PM
Bucs fan here,

How about Kasheem Greene? This guy is going to be a stud.

I'll say this: I wasn't that impressed with Logan, however more impressed with Jamison.

bigbluedefense
12-29-2012, 06:02 PM
I wasn't overly impressed with Ryan. Greene is a stud. And I'm telling you guys, everyone is sleeping on #42. That guy is a lot better than he's getting credit for.

scottyboy
12-29-2012, 06:03 PM
That was the worst game I've ever seen a QB play and I'm a Nova defender. Dodd sucks also but Flood had to put him in. That was awful coaching.

so so so so bad. i hate nova. ugh.

and greene rules. logan played ok last night. greene's still a super stud and i love it

Bengals78
12-29-2012, 06:04 PM
Greene is gonna look so sexy in Bengals stripes next year

scottyboy
12-29-2012, 06:06 PM
I wasn't overly impressed with Ryan. Greene is a stud. And I'm telling you guys, everyone is sleeping on #42. That guy is a lot better than he's getting credit for.

I've been pimping stevie beau for a while now. he's a gamer. might not test well at the combine, but he rules. i love him. i love our LBs. ****. i'mma miss them so much

bigbluedefense
12-29-2012, 06:25 PM
I've been pimping stevie beau for a while now. he's a gamer. might not test well at the combine, but he rules. i love him. i love our LBs. ****. i'mma miss them so much

Don't sleep on him, I think he has a good chance of doing better at the combine than you think. He's deceptively fast, he's long with a good frame, and he has good, smooth hips.

I'm telling ya, I think he's gonna surprise some ppl.

Forenci
12-29-2012, 06:36 PM
Rutgers sucks. That is all.

Giantsfan1080
12-29-2012, 11:53 PM
Beau won't even be invited to the combine BBD.

bigbluedefense
12-30-2012, 11:04 AM
That's odd. He has deceptive speed to me. I can see him running a 4.8 with an above average 20 yard split. Maybe even a 4.75.

I think he's going to be a steal at the end of the draft or as a UDFA. I'd definitely take a look at him. Very underrated player.

Giantsfan1080
12-30-2012, 08:43 PM
That's very possible but most don't view him that way. He was a great leader and player at Rutgers so I certainly hope you're right.

scottyboy
12-30-2012, 10:06 PM
i love him and think he's better than you give him credit for Zak. He can find a spot as a backup. he's such a great run stuffer

Giantsfan1080
12-31-2012, 11:11 AM
Logan officially declared. My favorite player on the D which is saying something with all the studs we had.

3 or 4 years from now we're going to look back at this team and see that is was such a wasted opportunity.

scottyboy
12-31-2012, 12:14 PM
shhhh don't remind me.

this defense was seriously my favorite thing ever in football. and i mean that. my favorite unit of all time. ugh.

Giantsfan1080
12-31-2012, 12:33 PM
Agreed Scotty. Me has sad face again now.

Forenci
12-31-2012, 01:00 PM
Rutgers sucks.

Giantsfan1080
01-05-2013, 12:42 PM
Not sure if this is a good idea for Jamison.

scottyboy
01-05-2013, 12:48 PM
not sure. it's a weak class and he's going before he gets worn down with mileage. We'll see. It's all about Huggins and Ayers power ground game now

Bengals78
01-05-2013, 12:48 PM
Not sure if this is a good idea for Jamison.

The only chance he has of success is coming to the Bengals in the AFCN, where vRutgers running backs have success :)

Giantsfan1080
01-05-2013, 01:13 PM
The only chance he has of success is coming to the Bengals in the AFCN, where vRutgers running backs have success :)

I've seen a mock or 2 where you guys take Logan Ryan in the 2nd. Sanu and Ryan and my AFC team is the Bengals.

Giantsfan1080
01-05-2013, 01:13 PM
not sure. it's a weak class and he's going before he gets worn down with mileage. We'll see. It's all about Huggins and Ayers power ground game now

Not sure if Ayers sees time just yet. He's enrolling early which is good but it's probably Huggins, James, Peoples right now.

Bengals78
01-05-2013, 01:17 PM
I've seen a mock or 2 where you guys take Logan Ryan in the 2nd. Sanu and Ryan and my AFC team is the Bengals.

We have 2 picks in the 2nd
Sanu, Greene and Ryan all on the same team :D

Giantsfan1080
01-09-2013, 11:40 AM
Man it really sucks that Skai Moore decided to de-commit. Nothing has gone right for us ever since we announced the move to the B1G. Let's hope he still ends up here.

scottyboy
01-09-2013, 02:09 PM
Man it really sucks that Skai Moore decided to de-commit. Nothing has gone right for us ever since we announced the move to the B1G. Let's hope he still ends up here.

sounds like he won't, which really sucks

Giantsfan1080
01-24-2013, 07:40 PM
Decent news today with Skai Moore. Huge recruiting weekend starting tomorrow if him and Mackenzie Alexander make it.

Giantsfan1080
01-26-2013, 12:57 PM
Awesome job by Greene writing a farewell letter to the fans:

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2013/01/khaseem_greenes_farewell_lette.html?utm_source=twi tterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Hurricanes25
01-26-2013, 01:04 PM
Awesome job by Greene writing a farewell letter to the fans:

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2013/01/khaseem_greenes_farewell_lette.html?utm_source=twi tterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Class act all the way. Can't wait to see what he does on Sundays.

Bengals78
01-26-2013, 01:05 PM
Class act all the way. Can't wait to see what he does on Sundays.

He is going to look so good playing behind Geno Atkins

scottyboy
01-29-2013, 11:37 AM
Zak, I was thinking of a player comparison for our guys. Couldn't really pin point one for Khaseem (except Derrick Brooks, but I know that's a large stretch).
What do you think of Antoine Winfield for Logan Ryan?

Forenci
01-29-2013, 11:51 AM
Zak, I was thinking of a player comparison for our guys. Couldn't really pin point one for Khaseem (except Derrick Brooks, but I know that's a large stretch).

I will punch you in the teet, Scotty.

scottyboy
01-29-2013, 11:56 AM
I will punch you in the teet, Scotty.

Antoine Winfield is actually a pretty good comparison I feel.

the Brooks comment was a joke. I CANT DO THAT IN THIS THREAD FORENCI. YOUS TROLLIN'

bigbluedefense
01-29-2013, 11:58 AM
Hey Forenci, who does Will Beatty compare to?

*thinks of a ****** player*

Forenci
01-29-2013, 11:58 AM
NO, I TOLERATE ZERO RUTGERS HOMERISM.

You know what you did.

And I don't know why you're knocking Will Beatty considering he might have been our best offensive linemen this year...

scottyboy
01-29-2013, 12:01 PM
yeah, I can't even hate on Beatty anymore. Unless he regresses.

I can talk **** on Donald Brown though.
and. uhm. is there anyone else they sent to the league?

Forenci
01-29-2013, 12:03 PM
Tyvon Branch, jerk. And I didn't make this about UConn! I fully and readily accept that UConn isn't good. Now you just need to do the same with Rutgers.

Giantsfan1080
01-29-2013, 12:04 PM

I like the Winfield/Ryan comp so let's stick with that.

The best Greene comparison to me is Mychal Kendricks from last year on the Eagles. Possibly also Ernie Sims even though he busted.

Giantsfan1080
01-29-2013, 02:28 PM
Good pickup for Rutgers today in 3* WR Janarion Grant from FL. Very speedy and shifty. Good slot WR in the mold of Tim Brown/Miles Shuler.

Witten4HOF
02-01-2013, 01:31 PM
Any word on Travis Johnson? I saw that he was supposed to have a visit earlier in the week. I would LOVE to get a big time TE prospect in this recruiting class.

Witten4HOF
02-01-2013, 01:38 PM
As a side note I am hyped, just found out the my boss is friends with Nadir Barnwell's dad and I will get to meet him at the bosses Superbowl party.

Giantsfan1080
02-01-2013, 02:13 PM
Any word on Travis Johnson? I saw that he was supposed to have a visit earlier in the week. I would LOVE to get a big time TE prospect in this recruiting class.

He was supposed to visit last weekend but cancelled because he comitted to USF. Looks like we'll be going with Marini and Arcidiacono.

Giantsfan1080
02-01-2013, 02:14 PM
As a side note I am hyped, just found out the my boss is friends with Nadir Barnwell's dad and I will get to meet him at the bosses Superbowl party.

Ohh that's awesome! Barnwell was an early enrolle so he's going to have an excellent chance to make the secondary as a true freshmen. Most likely he'll be our highest rated player this class unless Skai Moore re-commits.

Giantsfan1080
02-04-2013, 05:36 PM
Awesomeness:

http://www.scarletknights.com/ck/images/football/2013/front/superbowlmemdia.jpg

Forenci
02-04-2013, 06:00 PM
Ray Rice was terrible though.

Just sayin'.

Giantsfan1080
02-04-2013, 06:11 PM
Ray Rice was terrible though.

Just sayin'.

Wow it's shocking considering the 49'ers sold out to stop the run. Your Knicks BBDesque in this thread.

bigbluedefense
02-04-2013, 06:32 PM
Wow it's shocking considering the 49'ers sold out to stop the run. Your Knicks BBDesque in this thread.

Don't hate on the Knicks!

Forenci
02-04-2013, 06:32 PM
I mean I was being somewhat sarcastic but Ray Rice has been pretty bad/average this post-season. Almost cost the Ravens the game with his fumble too. Not really sure why you'd say the 49ers were selling out to stop the run either. They just happen to be good at stopping the run. They weren't stacking the box a ton though.

Giantsfan1080
02-04-2013, 09:22 PM
I mean I was being somewhat sarcastic but Ray Rice has been pretty bad/average this post-season. Almost cost the Ravens the game with his fumble too. Not really sure why you'd say the 49ers were selling out to stop the run either. They just happen to be good at stopping the run. They weren't stacking the box a ton though.

They are built to stop the run. Doesn't matter if they're stacking the box or not. I didn't expect Rice to have a big game.

Giantsfan1080
02-06-2013, 09:21 AM
NSD!!! We have everyone in and we're just waiting on Skai Moore and Damon Mitchell and where they decide to go. Moore is between USCe and us. Mitchell is between us and Arky. If you need any information let me know.

scottyboy
02-06-2013, 09:28 AM
You're my recruiting guy Zak so I'm just all on you and twitter all day. Sucks no aqm :/

Giantsfan1080
02-06-2013, 09:36 AM
It was like a 75/25 for AQM. We could have used a DE like him.

Giantsfan1080
02-06-2013, 09:52 AM
No Moore. His parents screwed us over.

scottyboy
02-06-2013, 09:55 AM
well that ******* sucks, ugh. Hopefully we can land Mitchell

Giantsfan1080
02-06-2013, 10:00 AM
That's just as doubtdul also but I have my fingers crossed.

Giantsfan1080
02-06-2013, 10:39 AM
Mitchell to Arkansas.

Bad ending but overall we have an average solid class.

scottyboy
02-06-2013, 10:43 AM
meh, that kinda really sucks. what're yur thoughts on our class overall?

Giantsfan1080
02-06-2013, 12:18 PM
meh, that kinda really sucks. what're yur thoughts on our class overall?

About as average as you can get but I wasn't expecting anything amazing this year considering none of the highly ranked NJ kids ever wanted to stay home.

Barnwell is a stud and is going to be a contributor from day one. Overall the DB's we brought in will be the strength of this group and that's what we needed as most of starting secondary is gone.

I think we have a lot of guys flying under the radar as potential steals such as Ayres, Internicola, Patton, Liston, and Cioffi.

We also have some projects that with good coaching can be potential stars in Turay and Joseph.

If you want more info any particular player I'm game.

bigbluedefense
02-06-2013, 12:22 PM
I just can't get into signing day. I think it's a stupid spectacle to be honest with you.

Giantsfan1080
02-06-2013, 12:30 PM
I don't really get into at all. I only get excited when a big player announces his decision.

This is draft day for college fans though.

bigbluedefense
02-06-2013, 12:56 PM
Understandable. I guess it's the only way to predict your program's potential moving forward so I can understand why it's a big deal. I just can't get into it. They're just kids to me.

Giantsfan1080
02-07-2013, 10:26 AM
Six players officially invited to NFL Combine:

CB Logan Ryan
LB Khaseem Greene
LB Steve Beauharnais
RB Jawan Jamison
TE DC Jefferson
WR Mark Harrison

Giantsfan1080
02-07-2013, 12:41 PM
Robb Smith to the Bucaneers to be LB Coach. :( I am horribly dissapointed right now as he was our best coach by far. I wanted him to take over also. Wow this really really really sucks. Rutgers Football has been decimated since the B1G announcement.

scottyboy
02-07-2013, 12:45 PM
Yeah, we need something to turn it around, just not sure what

Giantsfan1080
02-08-2013, 08:17 AM
Sounds like Dave Cohen(LB Coach) will get promoted to Defensive Coordinator. Antony Campanile will probably move from grad assitant to DB Coach. This is big because he can then begin to recruit and he's tied in big time to the North Jersey football programs. His brother is the head coach at BC and he used to coach at Don Bosco.

On offense it seems like Ron Prince is the frontrunner for the job. He is the ex Head Coach at Kansas State.

scottyboy
02-08-2013, 08:19 AM
promising info with Capanile. also with Cohen as DC, we keep continuity with our D, which is HUGE.

and the OC is just been a cluster **** of late. Prince is a somewhat big name, it'd be cool to see someone have success here. We need to go power run game and get Nova to not be the worst person ever.

Giantsfan1080
02-08-2013, 08:34 AM
I don't know how much continuity there will be with the D. Cohen never coached with Schiano and who knows how much he learned in a year from Smith. Hopefully he keeps the same principles but we're not going to know until August.

Giantsfan1080
02-19-2013, 10:47 AM
Prince officially named as OC. Cohen as DC.

Witten4HOF
02-19-2013, 11:08 AM
Prince officially named as OC. Cohen as DC.

Are you familiar with Prince's offensive system? Also I read on Nj.com that Campanile is moving to the offensive side of the ball as a coach and Darrell Wilson will be the DB coach. Why not keep Campanile on the defense where he is most familiar?

Giantsfan1080
02-19-2013, 11:30 AM
Are you familiar with Prince's offensive system? Also I read on Nj.com that Campanile is moving to the offensive side of the ball as a coach and Darrell Wilson will be the DB coach. Why not keep Campanile on the defense where he is most familiar?

They want Camps to recruit like the others coaches so any spot that opened up he was going to take. He was the OC at Bosco so he does have ability to coach on both sides of the ball. He said himself he likes D better but this move is to get him in a full time position. He'll eventually go back to a defensive coaching spot when something else opens.

Wilson was named DB Coach as soon as the announcement was made that he was coming over.

Prince is pretty much your normal pro style OC. He might run some more motion than Brock but I'm not really sure.

Witten4HOF
02-19-2013, 12:50 PM
They want Camps to recruit like the others coaches so any spot that opened up he was going to take. He was the OC at Bosco so he does have ability to coach on both sides of the ball. He said himself he likes D better but this move is to get him in a full time position. He'll eventually go back to a defensive coaching spot when something else opens.

Wilson was named DB Coach as soon as the announcement was made that he was coming over.

Prince is pretty much your normal pro style OC. He might run some more motion than Brock but I'm not really sure.

I really like that Prince's area of expertise is the O-line, hopefully that directly affects the play on the field and trying to gather up some more talent on the recruiting trail.

Giantsfan1080
02-19-2013, 01:03 PM
Dinkins left Rutgers as TE coach so that's where Campanile's spot opened up.

Giantsfan1080
02-19-2013, 01:06 PM
I really like that Prince's area of expertise is the O-line, hopefully that directly affects the play on the field and trying to gather up some more talent on the recruiting trail.

Prince is supposed to be a good recruiter but most likely he's only going to be here for a year maybe 2 at the most. Someone said he ran a west coast style offense so that's something we have to keep an eye on as well.

The OL should be set up nice with all the young talent we have. I expect Lumpkin, Brodie, Muller, Nelson, and Denman to start making some major progress on their way to starting.

Giantsfan1080
03-05-2013, 11:11 AM
Good get for us last night. Sidney Gopre who is probably going to be rated as the best LB in state and a top 10 player overall in NJ. He only had 2 offers right now but that's because of a grade issue. Rutgers will keep on him and I expect him to qualify for us next year when Signing Day rolls around. Should be a high 3* and a possible 4* if he camps and measures well.

Overall this class should be much better than last years. We're in very good with 2 top 100 OL and a plethora of highly rated WR's.

scottyboy
03-05-2013, 11:43 AM
that's what I like to hear. I'm never worried with our LB'ers. We just seem to keep throwing out great squads there year after year

Giantsfan1080
03-05-2013, 01:05 PM
Ohh yeah our LB and WR corps should be set up beautifully for the next 3-5 years. We'll take a small step back this year with LB because of losing Greene and Beau but the talent is there. They're just young. Merrell is going to play on Sundays though so he should help make the transition a little easier.

Giantsfan1080
03-06-2013, 12:17 PM
2013 Rutgers Football Schedule

Thursday, August 29 at Fresno State
Saturday, September 7 Norfolk State
Saturday, September 14 Eastern Michigan
Saturday, September 21 Arkansas
Saturday, October 5 at SMU*
Thursday, October 10 at Louisville* (ESPN)
Saturday, October 26 Houston*
Saturday, November 2 Temple*
Saturday, November 16 Cincinnati*
Thursday, November 21 at UCF* (ESPN)
Saturday, November 30 at Connecticut*
Saturday, December 7 USF* (ABC, ESPN or ESPN2)

*Denotes BIG EAST game
Home games in bold
Kickoff times and dates subject to change

scottyboy
03-25-2013, 11:28 AM
Deering is now projected starting free safety. I refuse to quote myself, but I called that back in august 2012 #scotty4rutgerscoachingstaff

Giantsfan1080
03-25-2013, 11:51 AM
He gets first shake so hopefully he runs with it. The secondary is so weak compared to last year.

Giantsfan1080
04-05-2013, 08:56 AM
Man **** Rutgers big time on this. The BoG and BoT can go screw themselves for being so weak minded and caving in. I can't believe I went to a school and love it so much with such terrible leadership. Talk about dropping the ball.

bigbluedefense
04-05-2013, 09:04 AM
I've been telling you for a long time now, college is a business transaction. You paid them to get an education, you in turn get a diploma that you use to get into the job field and establish a career with, they get your money.

It's a business transaction. Don't think for one second that the leadership or college gives 2 shits about you. They don't. The corruption and fake sense of community and morals and all that...it's all a bunch of ********.

Don't let them sucker you into believing in any of it. It's all ********. Theres a sense of community amongst alumnis, but not to the school itself. **** them. They're crooks. All of them.

scottyboy
04-05-2013, 09:05 AM
worst day ever. this is horse ****

Giantsfan1080
04-05-2013, 09:12 AM
I hate to be hyperbolic but this is going to set us back big time. The B1G is going to be pissed and watch us go for some new PC AD that leads us backwards.

bigbluedefense
04-05-2013, 09:16 AM
I think we'll be fine. Everyone cheats. And everyone eventually gets caught. The new AD will play nice for a year, then use slimeball tactics that everyone else uses once the smoke clears.

There's no such thing as a PC, clean AD. They don't exist.

scottyboy
04-05-2013, 09:20 AM
this is such horse ****. Pernetti was/is the man. He was our hope to being a legit program going forward. and now this horseshit. ugh

Giantsfan1080
04-05-2013, 09:21 AM
Pernetti was doing it the right way. He was clean that's the best part of all of this. We already have large donors saying they're going to pull money. Our alumni fanbase doesn't give that much money as it is especially for the size of our base. This is going to set back athletics for years.

bigbluedefense
04-05-2013, 09:27 AM
I'm sure he wasn't doing it the right way. If he covered this up, what makes you think he didn't do anything else behind the scenes? Come on GF...

No one does it the right way. That's the culture of college athletics. I don't blame Rutgers for it, or any other school, but let's not close our eyes and pretend it's clean. It's not. Not even close.

Giantsfan1080
04-05-2013, 09:31 AM
I'm sure he wasn't doing it the right way. If he covered this up, what makes you think he didn't do anything else behind the scenes? Come on GF...

No one does it the right way. That's the culture of college athletics. I don't blame Rutgers for it, or any other school, but let's not close our eyes and pretend it's clean. It's not. Not even close.

He didn't cover anything up!!! Stop listening to ESPN. When it was brought to his attention he went to the president of the school, inside and outside counsel, and hired a private investigator. Counsel recommended that they do not fire Rice. The president agreed. They went with the rehab program and it worked!!! Rice has changed since then. If you want to say he made a major mistake by going with rehab over firing then fine I can understand but it's still not something he should be fired for. This is caving to ESPN because they were bored this week and are holding a grudge because we further dissolved the old BE and Pernetti was a leader amongst that.

bigbluedefense
04-05-2013, 09:38 AM
He didn't cover anything up!!! Stop listening to ESPN. When it was brought to his attention he went to the president of the school, inside and outside counsel, and hired a private investigator. Counsel recommended that they do not fire Rice. The president agreed. They went with the rehab program and it worked!!! Rice has changed since then. If you want to say he made a major mistake by going with rehab over firing then fine I can understand but it's still not something he should be fired for. This is caving to ESPN because they were bored this week and are holding a grudge because we further dissolved the old BE and Pernetti was a leader amongst that.

And I commend him for that. I was not aware that he did that, so that's my bad. But do you honestly believe that he hasn't done anything behind the scenes that's at least somewhat shady? You think these athletes we've been getting in here are the result of doing things the right way?

Come on. I'm sure he has his warts too. They just haven't been uncovered.

Do I think he should have gotten fired? No. That's ********. But do I think he's a saint? Absolutely not. All these guys have their warts.

Giantsfan1080
04-05-2013, 09:44 AM
Of course I can't tell you he hasn't done ONE thing behind the scenes that was shady. I'd be naive if I did think that and of course it's possible he has. All I can go off is what I know and I know he's highly respected by pretty much everyone.

Giantsfan1080
04-05-2013, 12:12 PM
This is such BS. He's the fall man. His resignation letter:

Dear Dr. Barchi:

I write in confirmation of our conversation earlier today during which we agreed that it was in the best interests of Rutgers University that I step down from my position as Director of Intercollegiate Athletics. I do so reluctantly because I always have and always will love Rutgers. I want to thank the people who have supported me throughout my years as a student-athlete and Athletic Director and help them understand my reasoning in this situation.

My continued tenure as Athletic Director is no longer sustainable for the University which I attended and where a piece of me will always remain. In connection with the incidents involving former basketball Coach Mike Rice, as was the case with all other matters which I handled on behalf of the University, I always tried my best to do what is right. I have spent a great deal of time reflecting on the events which led to today. As you know, my first instincts when I saw the videotape of Coach Rice's behavior was to fire him immediately. However, Rutgers decided to follow a process involving university lawyers, human resources professionals, and outside counsel. Following review of the independent investigative report, the consensus was that university policy would not justify dismissal. I have admitted my role in, and regret for, that decision, and wish that I had the opportunity to go back and override it for the sake of everyone involved.

I trust that my tenure at Rutgers will not be judged by this one incident. I am proud of my efforts to lead Rutgers into the Big Ten, and of all of the accomplishments of our student-athletes in the classroom and on the field of play. I want to thank our great fans, the hardest working staff in collegiate athletics, and every one of our fine student-athletes. It has been my great pleasure to serve my alma mater.

Sincerely,

Tim Pernetti
Class of 1993

Giantsfan1080
04-12-2013, 12:26 PM
Looks like Eddie Jordan will be the new BBall coach. I like it especially if Cox and Macon stay with the program. He runs the Princeton offense which I really don't know anything about.

scottyboy
04-12-2013, 02:39 PM
I'm worried to see what we'll do in the Princeton offense. I like Jordan, nothing flashy, but you knew we wouldn't go flashy.

The princeton offense is all about ball movement, which I love, but I'm not sure how Eli can run it. Mack I think would do fine but Eli...idk. It's a lot of discipline and driving.

Wally, Jack and Randall down low using pick and roll and picks to set up backdoor screen will work, especially with poole

Giantsfan1080
04-27-2013, 06:33 PM
7 Rutgers players drafted!

bigbluedefense
04-27-2013, 07:04 PM
And like 6 of em by the Patriots. The Pats might have to be my 2nd favorite team by default.

Giantsfan1080
04-27-2013, 08:12 PM
Brandon Jones went to NE also haha. They have our whole secondary.

Tim Wright to Oakland.

RJ Dill to Jacksonville.

Mark Harrison to Chicago.

Giantsfan1080
04-27-2013, 08:25 PM
Marvin Booker to Detroit.

Scott Vallone to Miami.

Wow lots of guys drafted and signing! So awesome.

scottyboy
04-28-2013, 06:07 AM
we're taking this league by storm!

Forenci
04-28-2013, 09:44 AM
UConn > Rutgers.

Also what happened to that LB you guys liked? I forgot his name. Beau? Where did he get drafted?

bigbluedefense
04-28-2013, 10:03 AM
Beau went in the 7th to the Patriots. I really think he can make it in this league. I don't know if he'll ever be a star, but I definitely feel that Stevie can have a long career.

Jvig43
04-28-2013, 10:05 AM
Seriously, in a few years the Patriots are just going to be Rutger grads.

bigbluedefense
04-28-2013, 10:10 AM
Seriously, in a few years the Patriots are just going to be Rutger grads.

Sounds like a SB team.

NE has quietly built up their defense. McCourty found a home at FS, Dennard is a good #2 CB, Logan is a solid CB in their system (they run a lot of Cover 2, Logan is perfect for that), they have solid LBs, and now their edge guys are good in Collins and Jones.

They need a 5 tech, but that defense is quietly good again. I expect them to be a pretty good defense this year.

Giantsfan1080
04-28-2013, 10:15 AM
Beli just thinks the Rutgers guys are more prepared for the NFL. They came in as hard workers, good people. I don't blame him.

Jvig43
04-28-2013, 10:34 AM
Sounds like a SB team.

NE has quietly built up their defense. McCourty found a home at FS, Dennard is a good #2 CB, Logan is a solid CB in their system (they run a lot of Cover 2, Logan is perfect for that), they have solid LBs, and now their edge guys are good in Collins and Jones.

They need a 5 tech, but that defense is quietly good again. I expect them to be a pretty good defense this year.
I'm a skeptic of the Ryan pick. Granted I have seen very little tape of him so I will take your word for it but I am hearing conflicting things as to whether he is more adequate in zone or press, the latter was only one particular scouting report so not sure how accurate it is. I def have to catch up on some film.

I'll reserve judgement on this defense until the season, I'd expect it to be in the better half in the league but I wouldn't jump to saying they'd be top ten. no coverage LBs, hole at SS, and injury prone DBs.

bigbluedefense
04-28-2013, 10:41 AM
I'm a skeptic of the Ryan pick. Granted I have seen very little tape of him so I will take your word for it but I am hearing conflicting things as to whether he is more adequate in zone or press, the latter was only one particular scouting report so not sure how accurate it is. I def have to catch up on some film.

I'll reserve judgement on this defense until the season, I'd expect it to be in the better half in the league but I wouldn't jump to saying they'd be top ten. no coverage LBs, hole at SS, and injury prone DBs.

Logan is fine as long as you got that safety to play over him. You guys run a ton of Cover 2, and you feel comfortable stopping the run with 7 in the box bc of the muscle you have up front. It's a Bill Parcells staple that Belli believes in as well.

Logan Ryan is a good player, and in your scheme, he's perfectly fine. It's a good pick. And youll love him as a tackler.

Giantsfan1080
04-28-2013, 10:45 AM

I personally think he's better in press but I know I've seen a lot of people say the opposite. You're going to like him and you got a steal in the 3rd. Great tackler, can blitz, good ball skills, good hips.

VAfy-ya
04-28-2013, 11:29 AM
So does Marcus Cooper have a have shot to develop into something down the road? From the little tape I see, it seems that way but its hard to evaluate him based on how he was use. He was in that 'bail-out' off coverage where he's facing the opposite sideline, looking directly inton the backfield, 10 yards off the ball alot. I hate that mess. Cant really judge him in that technique.

Giantsfan1080
04-28-2013, 11:50 AM
So does Marcus Cooper have a have shot to develop into something down the road? From the little tape I see, it seems that way but its hard to evaluate him based on how he was use. He was in that 'bail-out' off coverage where he's facing the opposite sideline, looking directly inton the backfield, 10 yards off the ball alot. I hate that mess. Cant really judge him in that technique.

I think at best he could be a dime CB. He was not great at anything but just solid across the board.

Giantsfan1080
05-01-2013, 08:06 AM
I'm starting to become a little worried about 2014 recruiting. A lot of our big targets don't look like they'll be coming to Rutgers.

scottyboy
05-01-2013, 08:35 AM
that doesn't sound good, you're my recruiting go-to Zak. that scares me hearing that.

However, I was looking over the roster prepping to pimp someone this upcoming draft, and outside of Coleman (who'd have to go early) there's not really anyone. Which is good and bad. We're young. No names that really stand out at the moment, but we're a young team. This season should be interesting to say the least.

Giantsfan1080
05-01-2013, 08:42 AM
that doesn't sound good, you're my recruiting go-to Zak. that scares me hearing that.

However, I was looking over the roster prepping to pimp someone this upcoming draft, and outside of Coleman (who'd have to go early) there's not really anyone. Which is good and bad. We're young. No names that really stand out at the moment, but we're a young team. This season should be interesting to say the least.

Yeah it looks like the big name NJ talent is leaving. I thought we had a really good shot at Quenton Nelson (top 50 national prospect) but he got his ND offer and it appears he'll be going there most likely. It's early and we'll still do well but going into the B1G I thought we'd see a slight uptick. Damien Prince from Maryland (OL top 50 national prospect) is who we need. We're currently the favorite it seems but we need to reel him in.

Jamal Merrell! He looked like an NFL LB to me and he'll rise up the boards.

Giantsfan1080
05-01-2013, 10:28 PM
Well I didn't think it would happen so quickly but Nelson committed to ND earlier. I'm very worried.

Giantsfan1080
05-03-2013, 07:31 AM
I wish Schiano were still the coach. I think he'd be killing it right now with the B1G move.

bigbluedefense
05-03-2013, 07:36 AM
I just wish the Giants ran a defense like Rutgers does.

Giantsfan1080
05-03-2013, 07:44 AM
Well that would be awesome. Maybe the Bucs suck and Schiano looks for a D-Coordinator job. Sullivan becomes our head coach after Coughlin and brings Schiano with him for the D!!

bigbluedefense
05-03-2013, 07:49 AM
Who's Schiano's DC? I know it was Sheridan, but didn't he get fired? I've been reading up on the Jimmy Johnson 4-3 that he ran in Miami that guys like Schiano and Wannestedt use as well, and I'm a fan.

AntoinCD
05-03-2013, 07:55 AM
I just wish the Giants ran a defense like Rutgers does.

Obviously not as much as Belichick does for the Pats

bigbluedefense
05-03-2013, 07:56 AM
Obviously not as much as Belichick does for the Pats

This is clearly true. You guys pretty much took every draftable Rutgers player except for Greene.

I've said it before, the Pats might have to become my 2nd team (yuck) bc of all the Rutgers players. That and I've always loved Bellichick. I've always kind of rooted for the Pats out of the AFC bc of that.

AntoinCD
05-03-2013, 08:03 AM
This is clearly true. You guys pretty much took every draftable Rutgers player except for Greene.

I've said it before, the Pats might have to become my 2nd team (yuck) bc of all the Rutgers players. That and I've always loved Bellichick. I've always kind of rooted for the Pats out of the AFC bc of that.

I like the Rutgers guys we picked, obviously Harmon seems like a reach but he's the type of player we don't have at the safety position.

Logan Ryan is a great value pick and should stop crazy instances like Marquice Cole covering Anquan Boldin in the AFCCG.

And while I think Baueharnais has a tough time to make the 53 this year he could be stashed away on the practice squad and be nice depth at LB.

bigbluedefense
05-03-2013, 08:06 AM
The Pats are quietly developing their defense again. I love Collins and Jones off the edge. Like your ILBs. You need a 5 tech and your front 7 is complete. And now with Dennard, Talib and Ryan you have good CBs for your system. If McCourty and Wilson pan out as your safeties, watch out.

AntoinCD
05-03-2013, 08:14 AM
The Pats are quietly developing their defense again. I love Collins and Jones off the edge. Like your ILBs. You need a 5 tech and your front 7 is complete. And now with Dennard, Talib and Ryan you have good CBs for your system. If McCourty and Wilson pan out as your safeties, watch out.

I definitely think the tools are there and it is a young defense. Depending on whether they want to go with a 4 man front or a 3 man front they do need someone who could play the 5 and the 3. A big part of what is hurting is Wilfork playing 80%+ snaps at both nose and 3 technique. Belichick has done a really good job of retooling the front 7 in particular and they have pieces in the secondary to be good. I'm not expecting a top 5 defense but there is no reason why a big improvement on 25th in the league shouldn't happen

Giantsfan1080
05-03-2013, 08:17 AM
I've always rooted for the Pats also because of the Belichick thing. I wish we didn't have to play both our SB's against you guys. Between Beli and all the Rutgers players they are the AFC team I follow the most for sure.

Giantsfan1080
05-03-2013, 08:19 AM
Who's Schiano's DC? I know it was Sheridan, but didn't he get fired? I've been reading up on the Jimmy Johnson 4-3 that he ran in Miami that guys like Schiano and Wannestedt use as well, and I'm a fan.

It's still Sheridan. He didn't get fired after 1 year like he did with us. Schiano is a great secondary coach. With Revis, Goldson, and Barron there they will improve mightily in the passing game between the talent and coaching.

Giantsfan1080
05-03-2013, 02:41 PM
Hey BBD I just found out your boy Jordan Hill was basically 99% certain to go to Rutgers and then PSU offered. Imagine Hill and Hodges with all the other guys we just had drafted. Yikes that would have been nasty.

bigbluedefense
05-03-2013, 02:52 PM
Hey BBD I just found out your boy Jordan Hill was basically 99% certain to go to Rutgers and then PSU offered. Imagine Hill and Hodges with all the other guys we just had drafted. Yikes that would have been nasty.

Really?! Wow. That would be ridiculous. Man I loved that Rutgers defense. It's everything I wish the Giants defense was.

If we had Hill and Hodges, we would have won that Bowl game for sure.

I'm nervous about our defense without Schiano.

Giantsfan1080
05-03-2013, 02:56 PM
If we had those 2 we would have finally got to a BCS game.

Smith was excellent last year but then of course he had to leave also.

We'll see how Cohen steps up. Maybe Rutgers is the anti-Giants where we keep revolving through good DC instead of junk.

bigbluedefense
05-03-2013, 02:57 PM
You know what hurts the most about Jordan Hill?

He's in Seattle. And you just KNOW he's gonna kill it there. And I'm gonna be stuck watching Hankins huffing and puffing on the sidelines while Hill is constantly getting in the backfield for Seattle.

</3

bigbluedefense
05-03-2013, 02:58 PM
If we had those 2 we would have finally got to a BCS game.

Smith was excellent last year but then of course he had to leave also.

We'll see how Cohen steps up. Maybe Rutgers is the anti-Giants where we keep revolving through good DC instead of junk.

If that is the case, I wouldn't mind reaching into the Rutgers well for our next DC. It will never happen but a man can dream.

Giantsfan1080
05-15-2013, 08:47 AM
New AD is Lousiville assistant AD Julie Hermann.

bigbluedefense
05-15-2013, 08:52 AM
So like...we didn't even check to see if our basketball coach actually graduated from Rutgers?

That's SUCH a Rutgers thing to do.

Giantsfan1080
05-15-2013, 08:55 AM
That was no big deal. Stupid but no big deal. Sounded like something was lost in translation with that.

Giantsfan1080
05-16-2013, 11:33 AM
2014 Schedule!!!!!!

Saturday, August 30 - Additional opponent to be announced
Saturday, September 6 - Howard
Saturday, September 13 - Penn State
Saturday, September 20 - at Navy
Saturday, September 27 Tulane
Saturday, October 4 - Michigan
Saturday, October 11 – Idle
Saturday, October 18 - at Ohio State
Saturday, October 25 - at Nebraska
Saturday, November 1 - Wisconsin
Saturday, November 8 - Idle
Saturday, November 15 - Indiana
Saturday, November 22 - at Michigan State
Saturday, November 29 - at Maryland

Giantsfan1080
05-16-2013, 11:40 AM
Holy tough schedule by the way. Of course we get the 2 toughest teams in the West Division the first year.

Hurricanes25
05-16-2013, 02:57 PM
Man, the Big East is child's play compared to a Big Ten schedule. Realistically, what are we looking at, 6 or 7 wins?

Giantsfan1080
05-21-2013, 11:48 AM
Our QB recruit, Tyler Wiegers, got his 4th* today and jumped up to #180 overall in the Rivals rankings.

Yesterday Damien Prince the OL recruit jumped to a 5th* star and to #10 overall. We're in the lead for him and we need to get him to commit here badly.

scottyboy
05-21-2013, 12:30 PM
I saw that for Wiegers. Man, I hope he can be our offenses savior. And that's awesome if we get Prince. We've been doing REALLY well in recruiting OL lately

Giantsfan1080
05-21-2013, 12:42 PM
I'm still worried overall about recruiting but we our in good with some guys. The problem is we're going to have to close on all of them for me to be happy.

Giantsfan1080
05-21-2013, 12:46 PM
By the way congratulations Scotty!!!!

We're happy to have you as an alum. My cousin and his gf graduated this weekend also.

scottyboy
05-21-2013, 12:47 PM
right, gotta make sure we land 'em.

and thanks! it's really cool to be an alum. sad I'm leaving, but part of Rutgers forever!

cmarq83
05-22-2013, 05:18 PM
Pats signed Mark Harrison and Kevin Haslam this week bringing the Rutgers total to 8. You guys sure you don't want to cross over?

Giantsfan1080
05-22-2013, 05:26 PM
I saw Harrison but I didn't know about Haslam. Belichick is out of control haha. Haslam's father is a regular poster on the Rutgers Rivals board so I'm surprised he didn't say anything this afternoon.

scottyboy
05-22-2013, 07:13 PM
god we might just have to be pats fans, wow

Wootylicous
05-22-2013, 07:14 PM
Watch us sign Mike Teel.

scottyboy
05-26-2013, 11:20 AM
why do bad things keep happening to us? why? WHY

bigbluedefense
05-27-2013, 10:59 AM
Rutgers seriously needs to get disciplined for their horrible lack of due diligence during their interview process.

Any organization would have rolling heads for this terrible lack of accountability. Say what you want as a fan of the program, but any real organization would fire anyone involved in this fiasco.

We now have 2 glaring examples of the organization not doing the proper background checks during their hiring process. That's terrible management. As a person who's been involved in the hiring/firing process, I can't believe that an organization like this could be this irresponsible.

It's a joke and heads need to roll, regardless of how you feel about the program. It's poor management. Which isn't surprising honestly, anyone who ever attended Rutgers knows that they have poor management.

scottyboy
05-27-2013, 12:15 PM
#scotty4RutgersAD

Giantsfan1080
05-27-2013, 07:00 PM
wrong BBD.

bigbluedefense
05-28-2013, 06:47 AM
wrong BBD.

How? Explain.

Giantsfan1080
05-28-2013, 08:37 AM
Because this is a witch hunt of the higest order. I don't know who we pissed off but the incessant need to attack the university now for meaningless garbage is over the top. These are not even blips on the radar at any other school but for whatever reason someone wants to make it national news for us. Their are major major problems at a ton of other schools but it's not made a story.

For Hermann this stuff was 20 years ago!!! You know how much dirt can be dug up on anyone for incidents in their past?

Also with the Jordan thing he never lied. They just made a mistake in what they said. It's not even close to being a big deal.

bigbluedefense
05-28-2013, 08:40 AM
Doesn't matter. When you get put under a microscope you have to go the extra mile as an organization.

It's like in my field, when a company gets audited by the FDA. Sure, you got tagged for a bunch of stuff that other places get away with. But now that you're under the microscope you have to know better as an organization that you need to be more detailed with how you operate until the dust clears.

It's not an excuse at all for them. You're looking at this from a fan's perspective.

The organization should know better and operate better. It's arrogance on display. Not an excuse at all for them.

Giantsfan1080
05-28-2013, 08:41 AM
No it's not. They knew about it and they correctly didn't care because it's not a big deal!! We won't be able to hire anyone with this witch hunt. No one is perfect.

bigbluedefense
05-28-2013, 08:56 AM
If they didn't care, then that's just a terrible error on their part. They have to understand that they're under a microscope now.

Other people are corrupt too, of course, but why would you hire a AD who was accused of the same crime that your basketball HC just got fired for? Especially when that offense generated national news?! How stupid is that?

If she was guilty of like money laundering or whatever, FINE. That's ok. But this?! You have to know better as an employer. That's so stupid on their part it's not even funny.

Come on man, you can't defend it. It's just terrible management. It's basically Rutgers. We all went to school there, we all know how Rutgers is. Rutgers has never had great management. This circus only illustrates to the rest of the country how terrible their management is.

Giantsfan1080
05-28-2013, 09:22 AM
I really disagree with you. The SL and ESPN need to shut it for their hypocrisy.

Giantsfan1080
05-28-2013, 09:36 AM
Furthermore Hermann had a stellar career at Lousiville as associate AD and was never attacked like this until she got to Rutgers. We eat our own here and it's despicable.

bigbluedefense
05-28-2013, 09:51 AM
There's no agenda against Rutgers. Your homerism is just blinding you right now. This would happen to any program that was as careless as Rutgers has been over the past 18 months.

Giantsfan1080
05-28-2013, 10:12 AM
100% there is. Stuff much worse than this happens at other major universities and you don't hear a peep. Pitino was banging a co-ed not a peep. UNC has major major recruiting violations for the umpteenth time and not a peep. I can go on and on.

The SL owned by a Syracuse grad eats its own. ESPN also holding a grudge because TP turned down their Big East deal years ago.

Rutgers is always looked down upon unless you're an alum while at other states everyone has pride in their state university even if you didn't attend.

I am the furthest thing from a Rutgers homer and this agenda is real.

Giantsfan1080
05-29-2013, 07:59 AM
So as more and more facts come out it seems like the witchhunt/agenda is 100% real.

The supposed letter was not signed by anyone and not even delivered to the AD or Hermann.

The dumb lawsuit which was thrown out out has Hermann not even listed as a defendant. She was only a witness. Way to report the facts SL and ESPN.

Jughead10
06-03-2013, 03:54 PM
What is SL by the way?

Also I 100% agree about an agenda here with ESPN. They keep running this crap on their ticker and pushing this story, despite no one really giving a **** about Rutgers.

No one really has any interest in this. Very unlike ESPN to push something like this rather than utilizing their airtime on some NFL or Miami Heat story beaten to death already.

Forenci
06-03-2013, 05:27 PM
ESPN does this all the time. I disagree with there being some overarching agenda from the media (in general that is, ESPN barely counts at the media to me though). This made news on a variety of outlets. I first read about it on USA Today. That's pretty big news.

The story with Rice was completely legitimate. He was doing things no one should do to student athletes.

Still, it's a story because Rutgers is a state institution. They're not a private school. They should be held accountable. What she was accused of pretty messed up, regardless of time elapsed since it occurred.

It's also a story because of the ineptitude to be able to hire someone without checking them out. They're a public official. They are being put in the spotlight. No, nobody is perfect, but plenty of people keep their nose clean of scandals. If you're Rutgers, you don't think maybe after you had a huge incident with a coach that maybe you should hire someone with out some fairly serious incidents in their past?

I haven't really posted anything because I figure you would just say, "OMG UCONN FAN!!!" but you really are being pretty biased on this, Zak. Not with the whole ESPN thing, because I do agree to an extent, but you're sort of generalizing and straight up skewing other incidents. Petino story was a big deal at the time. It's of course faded since then because of time passing and the fact he's won. I hate him though. He's a douche bag. I would have fired him on the spot but in sports winning often trumps everything else.

And you ARE a Rutgers homer. And that is perfectly okay. Most people are homers. I am for the Giants/Mets/Knicks/etc. It's just how much and to what to degree of homerism. You're not that bad (compared to Scotty!).

Giantsfan1080
06-03-2013, 05:53 PM
What is SL by the way?

Also I 100% agree about an agenda here with ESPN. They keep running this crap on their ticker and pushing this story, despite no one really giving a **** about Rutgers.

No one really has any interest in this. Very unlike ESPN to push something like this rather than utilizing their airtime on some NFL or Miami Heat story beaten to death already.

Star Ledger.

Giantsfan1080
06-03-2013, 05:54 PM
ESPN does this all the time. I disagree with there being some overarching agenda from the media (in general that is, ESPN barely counts at the media to me though). This made news on a variety of outlets. I first read about it on USA Today. That's pretty big news.

The story with Rice was completely legitimate. He was doing things no one should do to student athletes.

Still, it's a story because Rutgers is a state institution. They're not a private school. They should be held accountable. What she was accused of pretty messed up, regardless of time elapsed since it occurred.

It's also a story because of the ineptitude to be able to hire someone without checking them out. They're a public official. They are being put in the spotlight. No, nobody is perfect, but plenty of people keep their nose clean of scandals. If you're Rutgers, you don't think maybe after you had a huge incident with a coach that maybe you should hire someone with out some fairly serious incidents in their past?

I haven't really posted anything because I figure you would just say, "OMG UCONN FAN!!!" but you really are being pretty biased on this, Zak. Not with the whole ESPN thing, because I do agree to an extent, but you're sort of generalizing and straight up skewing other incidents. Petino story was a big deal at the time. It's of course faded since then because of time passing and the fact he's won. I hate him though. He's a douche bag. I would have fired him on the spot but in sports winning often trumps everything else.

And you ARE a Rutgers homer. And that is perfectly okay. Most people are homers. I am for the Giants/Mets/Knicks/etc. It's just how much and to what to degree of homerism. You're not that bad (compared to Scotty!).

I don't care that you're a UConn fan you can still comment. The problem with this story is that the SL keeps pushing things as fact when they're not. They report and 20% has been true. Rutgers needs to grow a set and tell everyone to F off. You let people attack you and they'll walk over your whole life.

Forenci
06-03-2013, 06:37 PM
I don't care that you're a UConn fan you can still comment. The problem with this story is that the SL keeps pushing things as fact when they're not. They report and 20% has been true. Rutgers needs to grow a set and tell everyone to F off. You let people attack you and they'll walk over your whole life.

I mean, that's just on Rutgers then. I think there is clearly some validity to the reports or why would Rutgers just bend over and accept this beating without fighting back? It makes zero sense. Clearly she has some issues in her past and Rutgers should have known better than to hire someone like this RIGHT AFTER a huge scandal involving player abuse.

Also, I thought I heard on WFAN Rutgers was having closed door talks without her there (apparently in the past she'd been included). Doesn't that indicate something?