PDA

View Full Version : Rutgers Scarlet Knights Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Philliez01
08-02-2007, 03:28 PM
I didn't know where to put this but knowing that I believe Jughead, Giantsfan and scottyboy are all RU fans; I thought it would fit here.

So what do you guys think of the upcoming season? I think if Teel continues to show growth as he did following the Cincy disaster last year, that this team can contend again. Losing Stephenson, Stapleton, Meekins and particularly Harris and Brian Leonard really hurt. But I trust Blas and hopefully Anthony Davis to fill the void in the OL this season.

Really big on Britt this season, I think along with Underwood and Brown that the WRs should pick up the slack left by Harris.

scottyboy
08-02-2007, 03:33 PM
i LOVE THIS!!!! the OL losses will hurt, but we're pretty deep with young OL. not sure if Davis will start right away, and i really like Blas. our WR corp will be very good. Meekins hurts, but we still have Foster and RU has great TEAM D with not many stand out stars but great team guys who know how to play. the secondary will be amazing with Girault, Greene and the McCourty's. Rankart and Malast are pretty much set at LB and i hope Abreu wins out the other spot. I'm very excited about this up coming season.

Giantsfan1080
08-02-2007, 03:41 PM
Great idea. Rutgers has a pretty big following on these boards which is pretty cool to see. I'm very excited with Zuttah and Sosa manning the tackle spots. I think we'll see Davis at guard by the end of the year. Since the Navy game last year I declared that Kenny Britt will be a huge threat in the Big East. Apparently he is as chiseled as ever and has looked great so far in practice and the Spring Game. I'm also excited to see Greene and the McCourty's. If anything we'll have to worry about LB a little but I think Abreu will win a spot and Renkart will be fine.

Giantsfan1080
08-02-2007, 03:44 PM
Do you guys go to Rutgers or just a fan since you live in Jersey?

scottyboy
08-02-2007, 03:46 PM

my dad went there and its really the ONLY school i want to go to. I just love football and with my dad going there have grown up loving them. Plus my cousin was a freshman there last year. I mean as im typing this I'm in my Keep Choppin shirt lol

Giantsfan1080
08-02-2007, 03:52 PM
my dad went there and its really the ONLY school i want to go to. I just love football and with my dad going there have grown up loving them. Plus my cousin was a freshman there last year. I mean as im typing this I'm in my Keep Choppin shirt lol

Haha Good stuff. Jughead and I went to Rutgers and we live about 10-15 mins away without traffic which is nice.

Also, Rutgers got Art Forst a 4* OL from Jersey to stay home. He had offers from Florida and ND so the Jersey guys are slowly starting to stay. He's our 3rd 4 star that committed already. We're going to have a huge OL for yeras to come which is where everything starts as we all know.

scottyboy
08-02-2007, 03:55 PM
Haha Good stuff. Jughead and I went to Rutgers and we live about 10-15 mins away without traffic which is nice.

Also, Rutgers got Art Forst a 4* OL from Jersey to stay home. He had offers from Florida and ND so the Jersey guys are slowly starting to stay. He's our 3rd 4 star that committed already. We're going to have a huge OL for yeras to come which is where everything starts as we all know.

I saw that. this kinda stuff just makes me so happy. Seeing the Jersey guys WANTING to stay in Jersey to play for RU to stay at home AND win. Seems every week or so I see another recruit(local) commit for next year. they're really building this program beautifully

Giantsfan1080
08-02-2007, 03:57 PM
Schiano has done an excellent job that's for sure. My first year was Schiano's first year so it's been awesome to see it grow.

Philliez01
08-02-2007, 03:58 PM

I had a sister who recently graduated from RU and her boyfriend is currently going to RU-Camden. Others in the family have been there too and I am hoping to go there on XC but got to be realistic.

This is what makes RU's future exciting. Davis was just, hopefully, the tip of the iceberg. Seeing major recruits, that could be considered 5* by some staying in the area. I'm wondering if RU can get a major offensive player soon.

Giantsfan1080
08-02-2007, 04:37 PM
Hopefully D.C. Jefferson is that guy.

Giantsfan1080
08-03-2007, 11:24 AM
Rutgers opens camp today and they are ranked 16th in the USA Today poll. Not a suprise there.

Turtlepower
08-03-2007, 11:38 AM
So, do you guys think Rice will stay four years or is this his last year?

scottyboy
08-03-2007, 11:55 AM
So, do you guys think Rice will stay four years or is this his last year?

He'll stay and finish out his whole career. I remember reading something that the majority of Schiano recruits signed something saying they'd play out their whole career at Rutgers. Rice isnt the kind of guy i see leaving early either.

Beans
08-03-2007, 11:59 AM

I've never had a favorite college football team, so I chose Rutgers once they stopped sucking.

Philliez01
08-03-2007, 01:16 PM
I've never had a favorite college football team, so I chose Rutgers once they stopped sucking.

Ah man, you were lucky to not go through the Cubit days and the early Hart ones.

I don't think Ray Rice is as special as a pro prospect as he is a college RB; he's almost like a Tony Hunt. There is no real reason for him to go pro but I don't think he does anyway. Courtney Greene on the other hand....

Giantsfan1080
08-03-2007, 01:20 PM
NFL wise Greene has the most potential on the team. I really think Kenny Britt is going to be huge this year and will make himself a high pick as well in the future.

Jughead10
08-03-2007, 01:43 PM
He'll stay and finish out his whole career. I remember reading something that the majority of Schiano recruits signed something saying they'd play out their whole career at Rutgers. Rice isnt the kind of guy i see leaving early either.

Rice also has had a ton of carries in two years. After this a full year of carries this season he may just decide to come out. A lot of coaches think RBs just have a certain amount of carries in their body. They will almost look at it as a negative if Rice carried the load for almost 4 full seasons of college football.

scottyboy
08-03-2007, 03:13 PM
Rice also has had a ton of carries in two years. After this a full year of carries this season he may just decide to come out. A lot of coaches think RBs just have a certain amount of carries in their body. They will almost look at it as a negative if Rice carried the load for almost 4 full seasons of college football.

true, but you this will be his 1st full year of being the focal point on O. His freshman year was nice, but Leonard was the main guy running and recieving out of the backfield. Last year was a transition to Rice who became our guy on O, but Leonard still had a fair amount of carries.(not enough IMO) This year, Corcoran isnt much of a ground threat and Young mainly recieves out of the backfield. Compared to other RB's, Rice hasnt had AS much of a beating to his body. but i understand your point with NFL scouts and worry on his body etc.

Philliez01
08-03-2007, 06:54 PM
Well it's not exactly the carries amount but remember, Rice isn't a burner and he isn't exaclty built like Greg Jones. He looks for contact, which is admirable, but could take a toll on his body sooner rather than later.

scottyboy
08-03-2007, 07:45 PM
Well it's not exactly the carries amount but remember, Rice isn't a burner and he isn't exaclty built like Greg Jones. He looks for contact, which is admirable, but could take a toll on his body sooner rather than later.

his big pluses in the NFL are his leadership, willing to play, great character, and great break away speed when he hits the corner. he's isnt a powe back, and not a total speed burner, but he just some how finds ways to be an outstanding rusher

scottyboy
08-11-2007, 04:42 PM
there are quite a few battles to be won before the season starts. Who's gonna be stephenson's replacement? highly touted frosh Davis, or someone else? can anyone step in and play with the level of intensity that Meekins did along side All american Foster?(i hope its the Hardison from Freehold) can westerman keep putting pressure on QB's? there are a couple guys who could be the other bookend, i personnally like Chenry Lewis. also, who's gonna start at LB? will Abreu(pronounce abroo oddly enough). get a shot there? what do you guys think?

also, who do you guys feel will replace Harris? my money's on Brock, but there are quite a few choices.

scottyboy
08-19-2007, 10:27 AM
Tim Brown broke his hand yesterday in a scrimmage. Not cool. He'll be out 4-6 weeks. He's our speedster who stretches the D. this hurts our depth at WR, and means Dennis Campbell is gonna have to step up along side Britt and Underwood.

also, TE and MLB are still open and our biggest holes...

Giantsfan1080
08-19-2007, 10:13 PM
Tim Brown broke his hand yesterday in a scrimmage. Not cool. He'll be out 4-6 weeks. He's our speedster who stretches the D. this hurts our depth at WR, and means Dennis Campbell is gonna have to step up along side Britt and Underwood.

also, TE and MLB are still open and our biggest holes...

That's bad news. Everyone was pretty high on him after the Texas Bowl. I think Renkart is hurt so how long is he going to be out untill?

Giantsfan1080
08-23-2007, 10:56 PM
I think the Brown injury was a rumor as I've never seen anything official. Also, one week untill opening day!!

scottyboy
08-24-2007, 03:06 PM
gf1080. it's been all in the star ledger. he should return for maryland. and YESSSSS cant wait till next week. should be a buffalo beatdown!!!

Giantsfan1080
08-27-2007, 12:55 PM
gf1080. it's been all in the star ledger. he should return for maryland. and YESSSSS cant wait till next week. should be a buffalo beatdown!!!

My bad. I never saw anything in print about Brown. 3 more days!!

Giantsfan1080
08-27-2007, 02:41 PM
Kevin Haslam won the RG spot over Anthony Davis, Damaso Munoz won the MLB spot, and Chris Rudanovic won the TE spot.

scottyboy
08-27-2007, 02:43 PM
Kevin Haslam won the RG spot over Anthony Davis, Damaso Munoz won the MLB spot, and Chris Rudanovic won the TE spot.

had a feeling Haslam would win at RG, didnt see Schiano starting a true frosh to open up the season. TE was a toss up all season, thought Brock would win it, but I'm fine with Rudanovic. Munoz won the MLB mainly b/c of injuries. if D'Imperio doesnt break his leg, he's the starter... also either Quaye or Blair(think it was Blair) broke his jaw, and neither Quaye or Blair were impressive at all

Giantsfan1080
08-27-2007, 02:49 PM
had a feeling Haslam would win at RG, didnt see Schiano starting a true frosh to open up the season. TE was a toss up all season, thought Brock would win it, but I'm fine with Rudanovic. Munoz won the MLB mainly b/c of injuries. if D'Imperio doesnt break his leg, he's the starter... also either Quaye or Blair(think it was Blair) broke his jaw, and neither Quaye or Blair were impressive at all

Yeah D'Imperio by far would have won that MLB spot. I think Schiano said Davis might share time at RG even though Haslam won the spot. He said they were both very impressive. The line play on both sides of the ball is what's going to carry Rutgers this year.

scottyboy
08-28-2007, 11:47 AM
Tim Brown is recovering WAY ahead of schedule. Schiano said there is an outside chance he'll play on thursday, Great to hear he's way ahead of schedule. wouldnt push him for Buffalo, but get him ready vs Navy and gets him in game form, considering he missed about 3 weeks of camp...

Philliez01
08-28-2007, 11:52 AM
Can't wait for the opener, which I got it here in South Jersey. I have been waiting for this since the Texas Bowl ended, I'm ready for a BCS push!

Now, are there any reports on how Kordell Young is looking at camp/scrimmages? He's going to be one to watch, that's for certain!

scottyboy
08-28-2007, 12:16 PM
philliez, young's been on of the many guys we've been using to return kicks and punts during the summer. with brown doubtful for buffalo, dont be surprised to see young get some KR or PR's. he's got great talent and speed, we should find more ways to get him on the field...

Giantsfan1080
08-28-2007, 02:43 PM
Tim Brown is recovering WAY ahead of schedule. Schiano said there is an outside chance he'll play on thursday, Great to hear he's way ahead of schedule. wouldnt push him for Buffalo, but get him ready vs Navy and gets him in game form, considering he missed about 3 weeks of camp...

That's great news. As long as he is back for Maryland which he will be that's fine.

Giantsfan1080
08-29-2007, 03:14 PM
Is Ito still the starting punter?

neko4
08-29-2007, 03:26 PM
My rutgers prediction for the next 2 years (im bored and yalls thread came up so i had to post)
9-3 this year w/ loses to UMD,WVA, and looiville
10-2 or 11-1 next year w/ loses to WVA and/or Looiville, or a tough OOC game

Giantsfan1080
08-29-2007, 03:42 PM
My rutgers prediction for the next 2 years (im bored and yalls thread came up so i had to post)
9-3 this year w/ loses to UMD,WVA, and looiville
10-2 or 11-1 next year w/ loses to WVA and/or Looiville, or a tough OOC game

I have a hard time seeing us lose to Maryland. It should be a good game but I think we will be too dominant on the lines for them to handle. Rice should have a nice game against them.

neko4
08-29-2007, 03:43 PM
I have a hard time seeing us lose to Maryland. It should be a good game but I think we will be too dominant on the lines for them to handle. Rice should have a nice game against them.

Im really hoping Dre Moore has somewhat of a breakout year and Erin Henderson plays like a complete beast.

Jonny
08-29-2007, 07:30 PM
We're not losing to Maryland. Good team, but no QB and not in our house.

No need to rush Brown, Tverdov, and D'Imperio back for Buffalo.

Jughead10
08-30-2007, 07:16 AM
We're not losing to Maryland. Good team, but no QB and not in our house.

No need to rush Brown, Tverdov, and D'Imperio back for Buffalo.

Agreed. Not at home. Maryland isn't a great football team at all. If we at them, I'd say they had a solid chance but not at home where Rutgers hasn't lost since I think late October of 05.

scottyboy
08-30-2007, 07:53 AM
Teel is undefeated at home as a starter. and today, it's buffalo, who last year ranked in the bottom 5 of rush AND pass defense. Teel, Rice and Britt should explode today, with ease

Jughead10
08-30-2007, 07:58 AM
Teel is undefeated at home as a starter. and today, it's buffalo, who last year ranked in the bottom 5 of rush AND pass defense. Teel, Rice and Britt should explode today, with ease

Although hopefully by not more than 42 points.

scottyboy
08-30-2007, 09:27 AM
Although hopefully by not more than 42 points.

you didnt take Rutgers i presume

Jughead10
08-30-2007, 09:31 AM
you didnt take Rutgers i presume

I didn't. No matter how good I think this team can be, I still can't see any team with Mike Teel under center winning by more than 6TDs. Not even against Buffalo.

scottyboy
08-30-2007, 09:38 AM
I didn't. No matter how good I think this team can be, I still can't see any team with Mike Teel under center winning by more than 6TDs. Not even against Buffalo.

well maybe when they play my high school team, i mean Norfolk state.

Also, i dont see Schiano as a guy who'll run up the score, but 6 TD win isnt out of the question.

im thinking around 45-7...

Philliez01
08-30-2007, 09:45 AM
Nah, I think the Howard game last season is something to look at. Teel could throw 3-4 TDs, but Jabu will be in there if it gets ugly too quick. Which is nice, considering he should be an exciting player.

I think the team to watch out for is Cincy this year instead of USF. USF is a contender but Cincy looks to be improving quickly.

scottyboy
08-30-2007, 09:55 AM
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/sjv09/countdown.jpg

its a beautiful thing...

Giantsfan1080
08-30-2007, 03:37 PM
Lets it start!! Everyone enjoy the game tonight. I teased Rutgers down to 23.5 and took the over at 44 I think.

scottyboy
08-30-2007, 06:13 PM
RAY RICE!!!!!! WOOOO Young with a monster return a 6 yard run, 3 yard pass and then Rice breaks one!!! 7-0 after about 1:15 gone by

scottyboy
08-30-2007, 06:38 PM
I want Ray Rice to have my babies

4:30 left in the 1st... 14-0 RU, Rice over 70 yards on 7 carries, 2 TD's

SuperMcGee
08-30-2007, 06:40 PM
His alternation is killing me. Just when I think our D could do something he destroys us every other run.

34t
12t

scottyboy
08-30-2007, 06:53 PM
Underwood pulled some ridiculous moves after his catch for a TD

Forenci
08-30-2007, 06:54 PM
Hah, yeah. I think Ray might end up getting 4 TD's before Schiano pulls him from the game. Should be a good start for a potential Heisman run this year.

Though, Brohm did just toss a long TD on the first play of the game for his Heisman run too.

Rutgers isn't my favorite team, but growing up in NY does make me want to see them win quite a bit this year. I'd love for Ray to be one of the three in NY for the Heisman.

Plus watching Scottyboy drool over the Scarlet Knights its quite funny, lol.

scottyboy
08-30-2007, 07:49 PM
Underwood has 9 catches 200+ yards and 2 TD's. DAYUM. i know its against Buffalo, but still, thats only one half. those are like Tim Carters career numbers, without the 10 drops per catch

scottyboy
08-30-2007, 08:26 PM
the shut out is gone, that makes me semi sad.

Ito is 0-2.
In other news, Hell just froze over

scottyboy
08-30-2007, 08:32 PM
hey surprise surprise, Rice has 184 yards and 3 TD's. 17 away from becoming RU's all time leading rusher!!!!

God talking to basically myself about Rutgers is fun :D

Forenci
08-30-2007, 08:55 PM
Lol. Rice has 100 yards less than that by the way. 185.

Tiquan Underwood apparently set a school record for most receiving yards in a game. Against Buffalo mind you.

I'm interested to see how both Teel and Underwood do against some stiffer competition in the future. Should be awesome to see.

Giantsfan1080
08-31-2007, 01:32 PM
Awesome game on the offensive sidel of the ball and pretty much what I expected. D played good but we are going to need some help at LB I think. We'll see how the next couple of games though.

scottyboy
08-31-2007, 01:35 PM
Awesome game on the offensive sidel of the ball and pretty much what I expected. D played good but we are going to need some help at LB I think. We'll see how the next couple of games though.

true, even though Munoz didnt play badly, D'Imperio is a pretty big step up. I was shocked to see him in uniform with a helmet on!! I dont think he played, but this showed me he's inching close and close to full health...

bigbluedefense
08-31-2007, 01:40 PM
Ray Rice is a stud. People complain about his inability to make people miss, and his top speed, but I don't see it. I think he's a very good natural runner, he can make you miss, he can finish with power, he has good burst and speed, he has a good frame, he seems like a perfect compliment to Jacobs :)

Id give him strong consideration for the Giants in Round 2 if he's on the board.

Giantsfan1080
08-31-2007, 01:55 PM
true, even though Munoz didnt play badly, D'Imperio is a pretty big step up. I was shocked to see him in uniform with a helmet on!! I dont think he played, but this showed me he's inching close and close to full health...

Getting Imperio back is going to be a very big step up and there's no need to rush back untill Maryland.

Giantsfan1080
08-31-2007, 01:56 PM
Ray Rice is a stud. People complain about his inability to make people miss, and his top speed, but I don't see it. I think he's a very good natural runner, he can make you miss, he can finish with power, he has good burst and speed, he has a good frame, he seems like a perfect compliment to Jacobs :)

Id give him strong consideration for the Giants in Round 2 if he's on the board.

Not to make this a Giants thing but that would be absolutely great if we did that.

scottyboy
08-31-2007, 01:58 PM

who cares if he doesnt have "ideal measureables" he can flat out run. Some of his stiff arms were as if he put no effort into them, but the defender went flying. Him and Jacobs together is a wet dream. imagine Greene in the 1st, Rice in the 2nd, Zuttah in the 3rd, Sosa in the 4th, and Foster in the 5th!!!! simply amazing!!! :D plus they actually fill needs.

robert_in_bigd
08-31-2007, 02:08 PM
I love Ray Rice -- reminds me Maurice Jones Drew. A bowling ball type runner.

Ray for the Heisman.

Philliez01
08-31-2007, 02:23 PM
I love Rice as well, too bad the Colts have that Addai guy and no first round pick to draft a DT.

I really like 'Quan as a possible slot WR in the NFL. He's got what you look for in his speed and his hands seem to have greatly improved judging by that one catch. I remember him taking direct snaps at QB two seasons back and that one pass he threw against Syracuse or Louisville I believe. It was very pathetic. He has certainly come a long way.

The one thing that's funny to me is how weak the WR play was last year. Outside of Clark Harris there wasn't really a consistent WR/TE on the squad. However, now there's:

TiQuan Underwood
Kenny Britt
Tim Brown
Kordell Young (out of backfield)

I know it was only Buffalo, but still good to see a win regardless. Momentum, Morale and a winning team is all you need sometimes!

Billingsley26
08-31-2007, 02:43 PM
How did my boy Jamal Westerman do???? Played HS agianst him and summer ball with him. Hes a solid DE, and his bro is there too a WR. How did he do last night.

TimD
08-31-2007, 10:37 PM
should we be worried about Ito... i thought he would be clutch this year...

Giantsfan1080
09-01-2007, 01:29 AM
should we be worried about Ito... i thought he would be clutch this year...

He really shouldn't have been kicking that 57 yarder. The 40 yard he should have hit but I'm not worried. In fact Ito for whatever reason usually stinks the first game or 2 every year but gets his act together after that. He'll be fine. On the 57 yarder he had plenty of leg on it but it was just wide right.

Forenci
09-01-2007, 05:50 PM
Hah, well you know how I felt about drafting Leonard last year in the 2nd Round, but now that we have some defensive needs filled up, I'd actually be ecstatic if we had a chance to get Ray Rice in the 2nd Round. Fans would like it, and I think it he would be a perfect compliment to Jacobs.

Of course, if he keeps playing like that then I doubt we'd have a chance at him in the 2nd Round, lol.

Giantsfan1080
09-07-2007, 01:06 PM
Game against Navy tonight. Any thoughts? I'm glad we're going to see Tim Brown back in action. Also, I'm not sure but Sosa may not start so Haslem would get the nod at LT while Davis would be in at RG.

Jughead10
09-07-2007, 01:08 PM
Game against Navy tonight. Any thoughts? I'm glad we're going to see Tim Brown back in action. Also, I'm not sure but Sosa may not start so Haslem would get the nod at LT while Davis would be in at RG.

This game should be a cake walk. Rutgers destroyed them at Navy last year and I don't think Navy is any improved this year. Sometimes that option offense can catch teams off guard but after playing them all the time, Schiano knows there stuff.

Giantsfan1080
09-07-2007, 01:09 PM
This game should be a cake walk. Rutgers destroyed them at Navy last year and I don't think Navy is any improved this year. Sometimes that option offense can catch teams off guard but after playing them all the time, Schiano knows there stuff.

Yeah I'm not expecting a close game. I'd like to see the offense throw up 40+ tonight though.

Jughead10
09-07-2007, 01:11 PM
Yeah I'm not expecting a close game. I'd like to see the offense throw up 40+ tonight though.

If Brown is back they very well could. I'm not totally familiar with their D backs but I'm guessing since it is a service academy they don't have anyone even remotely close to having as much speed as him.

scottyboy
09-07-2007, 01:39 PM
it shouldn't be a close game at all really. no need to rush back Sosa against Navy, or Norfolk state for that matter. I'm fine with Haslem at LT and Davis at RG...

i'm feeling a Tim Brown return TD tonight(if he's full health)

Giantsfan1080
09-07-2007, 01:49 PM
it shouldn't be a close game at all really. no need to rush back Sosa against Navy, or Norfolk state for that matter. I'm fine with Haslem at LT and Davis at RG...

i'm feeling a Tim Brown return TD tonight(if he's full health)

Davis was a beast against Buffalo throwing guys around. I'm suprised he didn't win the spot out of camp. Great depth on the line though.

scottyboy
09-07-2007, 07:26 PM
i was just about to post how we're not looking too good. but than Ron Girault makes me happy again with an INT in the end zone!!!

couple drops, one by brown and underwood. whole team is sloppy with penalties on O, D, and special teams. I expect us to turn it around with that. 17-7, just got the ball on the 20 thanks to my boy Ron, time to try and pull away

Jughead10
09-08-2007, 10:25 AM
i was just about to post how we're not looking too good. but than Ron Girault makes me happy again with an INT in the end zone!!!

couple drops, one by brown and underwood. whole team is sloppy with penalties on O, D, and special teams. I expect us to turn it around with that. 17-7, just got the ball on the 20 thanks to my boy Ron, time to try and pull away

They looked ok. Teel looked great. The defense was beating themselves with penalties and what not. Everything easily correctable.

scottyboy
09-08-2007, 10:28 AM
teel is gonna prove people that he isnt a mediocre QB. I'm pumped with our O, even though we had some drops. those bombs teel threw to britt and brown were unbeleivable. they were right on target, hit them in stride. i expected tim's wrist to be rusty, but thats not an excuse for his drop.

Greg will be all over them for all those penalties

Giantsfan1080
09-19-2007, 09:14 PM
I know we've played 3 laughers but this thread should be more active. Any thoughts on the Kordell Young injury? Who is now going to back up Rice and will this hurt against some of the better teams?

M.O.T.H.
09-20-2007, 09:05 PM
Too bad Rutgers didnt get Knowshon Moreno...I love this kid...he would have looked real nice playing in Piscataway.

scottyboy
09-21-2007, 06:45 AM
I know we've played 3 laughers but this thread should be more active. Any thoughts on the Kordell Young injury? Who is now going to back up Rice and will this hurt against some of the better teams?

I'm really more worried about the special teams. Young was great catching psases for us out of the backfield, and was a great spell to Ray, but I think Mason can handle 5 touches a game, which is really at most all he'll need. Now we need Brown to be ready as our main return man.

Giantsfan1080
09-30-2007, 09:45 AM
Any thoughts on yesterday's game? Those cutback runs by Lattimore just killed us all game. The LB's almost never stayed in their gaps and got ran by all day. It also didn't help the refs did not call one hold when there were about 5 big ones they could have called.

On offense we got away from the run way too quickly because of our success to throw the ball downfield at the end of the 1st half.

shavedaeyebrow2
09-30-2007, 09:58 AM
That hurt yesterday, if we won, we'd've shot up in the rankings with a lot of teams losing. We still have a shot at the Big East title at least. WVU and South Florida games are gunna be crazy.

Number 10
09-30-2007, 11:54 AM
That's what Schiano gets for scheduling high school teams for the first three games of the season.

scottyboy
09-30-2007, 04:05 PM
Any thoughts on yesterday's game? Those cutback runs by Lattimore just killed us all game. The LB's almost never stayed in their gaps and got ran by all day. It also didn't help the refs did not call one hold when there were about 5 big ones they could have called.

On offense we got away from the run way too quickly because of our success to throw the ball downfield at the end of the 1st half.

we need D'Imperio badly. or Devraun back

Forenci
09-30-2007, 08:49 PM
Was it wrong I laughed after Rutgers lost the other day? Don't get me wrong, I don't mind Rutgers, it's just I couldn't help but think to myself as I logged onto the boards, "I bet Scottyboy is crying at this very moment." Heh, sorry.

Well, I think either Rutgers or South Florida wins the conference at this point, but I wouldn't be surprised if UCONN ran the tables for the conference title. I go to college here and I have to say they look good. Even though they haven't played a great team (other than Pitt), they still look really good with Tyler Lorenzen.

Which reminds me, does Tyler have any relation to Jared? Hmm.

Philliez01
10-06-2007, 11:55 AM
I think UCONN is going to become a solid team, not sure about their future recruiting as I can't imagine Connecticut being a football hotbed (no offense, though).

I wasn't that high on USF as opposed to Cincy this season but boy was I wrong. I still think that seeing how L'Ville is out of it, that RU can beat:

PITT
Syracuse
Louisville
UCONN

That leaves Cincy, WVU, USF as toss-up games. I know I'm forgetting someone though. Anyway, after seeing Lattimore's abilities at RB, I'm worried how this team will do against USF. Groathe and Ford are pretty powerful type runners so there is some worry here. Cutback runners can or will kill this team if MD was any indication.

Giantsfan1080
10-18-2007, 05:00 PM
I think Tim Brown is going to have a big game tonight.

scottyboy
10-18-2007, 05:03 PM
this game is huge tonight. A win puts us back in the top 25 and exposes USF for a vastly over rated team. A loss really sets us back, and we'd be looking at a crappy bowl

scottyboy
10-26-2007, 04:29 PM
A bit of good and bad news here. 1st the bad, DC Jefferson withdrew his verbal commit and commited to LSU. this sucks, thought we'd get a great QB in here soon, but damn that LSU

Also, in good news, Will Hill, yes the #1 prospect Will Hill, said he may re-open his recruitment after having a blast at the RU USF game, where afterwards, Schiano said he would have a chance to play both sides of the ball, something he wouldnt do in Florida. He also has a cousin on RU, but i dont remember who it is at the moment.

Giantsfan1080
10-27-2007, 10:44 AM
A bit of good and bad news here. 1st the bad, DC Jefferson withdrew his verbal commit and commited to LSU. this sucks, thought we'd get a great QB in here soon, but damn that LSU

Also, in good news, Will Hill, yes the #1 prospect Will Hill, said he may re-open his recruitment after having a blast at the RU USF game, where afterwards, Schiano said he would have a chance to play both sides of the ball, something he wouldnt do in Florida. He also has a cousin on RU, but i dont remember who it is at the moment.

I saw we lost Jefferson to LSU but I didn't see that about Hill. I doubt he switches but if he did oh baby.

scottyboy
10-27-2007, 10:49 AM
I saw we lost Jefferson to LSU but I didn't see that about Hill. I doubt he switches but if he did oh baby.

i doubt he switches too, but that would be crazy. the fact he's considering is almost a victory for us

Philliez01
10-27-2007, 11:03 AM
Sucks about DC, I guess Shimko is the future after Teel is gone?

Anyway if RU even gets Hill to consider, like scottyboy said, wow.

I want to see RU beat WVU before I die, c'mon guys!

Giantsfan1080
10-27-2007, 11:09 AM
Black uniforms sure look different. No longer the Scarlet Knights for this game.

Philliez01
10-27-2007, 11:12 AM
Black uniforms sure look different. No longer the Scarlet Knights for this game.

Yeah I was going to say they are the Black Knights but I just felt wrong saying that.

Giantsfan1080
10-27-2007, 11:25 AM
Yeah I was going to say they are the Black Knights but I just felt wrong saying that.

I actually like them they are just different.

Forenci
10-28-2007, 07:43 PM
Tough loss to West Virginia.

I'm not looking forward to have to see UCONN play West Virginia as I know that's probably a guaranteed loss.

UCONN is ranked and in lead of the Big East though so that's quite awesome!

Still, I'd like to see Rutgers do well also.

BigBlue58KiperIII
11-01-2007, 07:14 PM
But not until next week Forenci. This should be a defensive battle. Redshirt Freshman LB Scott Lutrus has been an absolute beast so far. He was a RB in college but has absolutely exploded for back to back Defensive POTW awards in the Big East. Andre Dixon is going to be special, but Mike Teel will make mistakes against the Huskies D that has 18 picks which is 1st in the nation.

Forenci
11-02-2007, 09:10 PM
Indeed, indeed. I'm really looking forward to this game too. Do you know if the game will be on any of the local channels here in Connecticut? I heard it wasn't supposed to be.

Generally WCTX has been showing a lot of the UCONN games but I don't know if that'll be the case. I really want to see this game too.

You're right though, Lutrus has been an absolutely beast. I'm really like how Tyler has been playing for as at QB too. I mean, he's so good at not turning the ball over and putting the ball on the money.

DJ Hernandez has been awesome as a conversion to WR too. He just breaks tackle after tackle, plays with a lot of passion and has never complained about the switch.

I just hope we benefit from a recruiting stand point. This could be a turning point for the football program.

KCJ58
11-02-2007, 09:13 PM
i was going into this thread expecting 100% that scottyboy made it not NFLDC's most useless 3,000 posts poster!

scottyboy
11-02-2007, 09:42 PM
i was going into this thread expecting 100% that scottyboy made it not NFLDC's most useless 3,000 posts poster!

i turn every thread into a rutgers thread haha. but that useless poster is my boy, im fine with the fact he made it. him, jug, bbd and gf1080 may be the only acceptable ones though haha

Forenci
11-03-2007, 07:15 PM
Woohoo, UCONN in the lead now. Hopefully they can hold on. Lorenzen is playing quite well.

Of course I probably just jinxed us, oh well.

scottyboy
11-03-2007, 07:15 PM
Woohoo, UCONN in the lead now. Hopefully they can hold on. Lorenzen is playing quite well.

Of course I probably just jinxed us, oh well.

GO AWAY!! I dont like you :D

also, i heart Kenny Britt

NYGibril28
11-03-2007, 08:15 PM
Uconn! Huskies!

Smokey Joe
11-03-2007, 08:18 PM
speaking of Rutgers.... go Jack Egbert!

Forenci
11-03-2007, 09:20 PM
Woohoo! Donald Brown is a beast! Donald Brown > Ray Rice

Lol, just kidding, but Brown has put on a heck of a show in the second half. I'm just glad as it looks like we'll come away with the victory. Proving the critics wrong once again!

Giantsfan1080
12-11-2007, 12:17 AM
Wow D.C. re-comitted to us. Very weird especially since Miles didn't leave.

Philliez01
02-02-2008, 11:43 AM
Man, signing day is approaching guys!

Keith Stroud was recently bumped up to 4* on Rivals so that's still a solid signing. Malcolm Johnson also recruited (WR) so Schiano is still getting the valuable FL prospects.

scottyboy
02-02-2008, 12:01 PM
Man, signing day is approaching guys!

Keith Stroud was recently bumped up to 4* on Rivals so that's still a solid signing. Malcolm Johnson also recruited (WR) so Schiano is still getting the valuable FL prospects.

we got a couple very good FL WR's the other day. I'm pumped with DC and now Malcolm. got some nice D guys as well.
I'm stoked to see Greene and Lefeged at the safety spots. My lord will they hit!!!

Philliez01
02-02-2008, 12:17 PM
Yeah, this class is lacking the "big-time" players like a Britt, Young, Davis, etc. but it's building just fine. I think DC Jefferson will be a great QB for RU and I really like Forst, Wayne Warren and Vallone should all make impacts relatively soon.

Giantsfan1080
08-24-2008, 10:54 AM
Let's try and actually use this thread this year.

scottyboy
08-24-2008, 11:23 AM
Let's try and actually use this thread this year.

haha yes we should.

and where the bloody hell have you been!?!?!! haven't seen ya around lately

Giantsfan1080
08-24-2008, 11:27 AM
haha yes we should.

and where the bloody hell have you been!?!?!! haven't seen ya around lately

I've had a rough summer but I'm looking forward to the start of the season. I realy thought a big problem of ours last year was our run defense and that should be so much better this year with Abreu(Big Star) and D'Imperio playing this year. It was a shame Ryan was hurt the the first half last year as he would have been a big plus. I'm a little worried about the line just because they are going to need some time to come together. Fresno is a great test for the opening game.

scottyboy
08-24-2008, 11:31 AM
I've had a rough summer but I'm looking forward to the start of the season. I realy thought a big problem of ours last year was our run defense and that should be so much better this year with Abreu(Big Star) and D'Imperio playing this year. It was a shame Ryan was hurt the the first half last year as he would have been a big plus. I'm a little worried about the line just because they are going to need some time to come together. Fresno is a great test for the opening game.

yea the line needs to come together. Our camp struggles running are most likely the line. Davis, Haslam and R-Blaz are fine, I'm comfortable with them, but we need to mesh and Rauch needs to provehimself tough on the inside.

I think Abreu-D'Imperio-Malast could be very nasty. Abreu supposedly put on 15 lbs of muscle, and still runs his nasty speed(like 4.50ish if I recall)

Giantsfan1080
08-24-2008, 12:38 PM
yea the line needs to come together. Our camp struggles running are most likely the line. Davis, Haslam and R-Blaz are fine, I'm comfortable with them, but we need to mesh and Rauch needs to provehimself tough on the inside.

I think Abreu-D'Imperio-Malast could be very nasty. Abreu supposedly put on 15 lbs of muscle, and still runs his nasty speed(like 4.50ish if I recall)

Yeah he's going to be amazing. I saw a picture of him and he looks jacked and as you said he's still crazy fast. I haven't been this positive about a player since Britt his freshmen year.

Giantsfan1080
09-01-2008, 11:03 AM
Only 4 more hours!!!

bigbluedefense
09-02-2008, 08:17 AM
I think I speak for all of us when i say that I blame Scotty for our epic failure against Fresno St.

:(

eaglesalltheway
09-02-2008, 08:25 AM
I watched the game yesterday to keep an eye on Britt and Greene. I took play-by-play notes of the game and went a little more in-depth with notes on both of them. If anybody is interested in seeing what I came up with just say so. I will be posting in-depth write-ups on both Britt and Greene's games in the Eagles forum tomorrow night if anyone wants to check that out. That is a tough loss, but Piscataway has a lot to look forward to. Britt and Underwood are a very good receiving duo. Brock looks to be a solid TE, and the running game looks promising, especially Young. He was inches away from breaking a few runs wide open, and still had a good game. Don't worry Rutgers Fans, hope isn't lost. And I'm sure Scotty was doing his voodoo against Fresno as best he could, it isn't his fault, :D.

bigbluedefense
09-02-2008, 08:27 AM
I watched the game yesterday to keep an eye on Britt and Greene. I took play-by-play notes of the game and went a little more in-depth with notes on both of them. If anybody is interested in seeing what I came up with just say so. I will be posting in-depth write-ups on both Britt and Greene's games in the Eagles forum tomorrow night if anyone wants to check that out. That is a tough loss, but Piscataway has a lot to look forward to. Britt and Underwood are a very good receiving duo. Brock looks to be a solid TE, and the running game looks promising, especially Young. He was inches away from breaking a few runs wide open, and still had a good game. Don't worry Rutgers Fans, hope isn't lost. And I'm sure Scotty was doing his voodoo against Fresno as best he could, it isn't his fault, :D.

lol yeah, poor Scotty :p

Underwood is gonna be a very good WR. Kind of reminds me of Santonio Holmes. Id love to hear your breakdown of Greene. I didn't get to catch the game, I just saw the highlights.

eaglesalltheway
09-02-2008, 08:35 AM
I'll give you a little tidbit of Greene, I posted it in the Draft stock thread if your interested. It doesn't go into much detail, but it gives major stats and other things. I will do the complete evaluation when I have the write-up tomorrow. I am at work now and don't have it with me. I will say this though, it is hard to completely evaluate WRs and secondary members off of a live game. There are camera angles that are designed to monitor what goes on downfield that I don't have access to.

eaglesalltheway
09-02-2008, 08:37 AM
I watched the Rutgers, Fresno State game yesterday, and took particular close attention to Kenny Britt and Courney Greene, and both looked pretty good. I did write-ups on them that I will be posting in the Eagles section tomorrow night if anybody is interested. I'll do a brief overview now.

WR Kenny Britt caught 6 passes for 89 yards, 4 of those passes were caught for first downs, and had a his biggest reception on a WR screen, where he picked up 41 yards. Had a few crucial drops though, one that would have led to a TD and one more that would have resulted in a first down, but since he dropped it, the Scarlet Knights had to punt. He also not only showed willingness to block, but good blocking technique.

SS Courtney Greene had 7 takcles, 6 solo, 1 TFL, but missed one tackle (I may be remembering that incorrectly, my write-up isn't in front of me) He was covering at least two passes that were incomplete.

I will do evaluations when I do my full write-ups on them, those are just some stats and other things.

^^^That is what I wrote in the thread.

bigbluedefense
09-02-2008, 08:37 AM
I'll give you a little tidbit of Greene, I posted it in the Draft stock thread if your interested. It doesn't go into much detail, but it gives major stats and other things. I will do the complete evaluation when I have the write-up tomorrow. I am at work now and don't have it with me. I will say this though, it is hard to completely evaluate WRs and secondary members off of a live game. There are camera angles that are designed to monitor what goes on downfield that I don't have access to.

i definitely agree. its very hard without the endzone angle. is he getting dirty in the run game? thats one thing you can evaluate well from the tv angle.

scottyboy
09-02-2008, 08:38 AM
good stuff, but I kinda disagree on the drop for a TD by Britt. If he caught it, it would've been a fingertips lunging grab. He had 5 yards on the defender, Teel just played like total poop

eaglesalltheway
09-02-2008, 08:39 AM
Most of the plays he made were in the running game or after short passes, but like I said, I want to see him more in coverage. If I remember correctly, he did let a WR past him on one play, but I don't have much to go for with coverage.

scottyboy
09-02-2008, 08:40 AM
oh, and Joe Lefeged WILL kill someone. He just flies everywhere and DRILLS people. I LOVE him. He's just everywhere and anhilates people. He rules

eaglesalltheway
09-02-2008, 08:41 AM
good stuff, but I kinda disagree on the drop for a TD by Britt. If he caught it, it would've been a fingertips lunging grab. He had 5 yards on the defender, Teel just played like total poop

That was a very difficult catch I agree, but he had both hands on the ball. It defintiley isn't all on him. Teel could have made a better throw, but its like the old saying goes, if you can get your hands on it, you should catch it. I had a points system I was working with, I chalked that up as a neutral play for him because it wasn't all on him.

eaglesalltheway
09-02-2008, 08:44 AM
oh, and Joe Lefeged WILL kill someone. He just flies everywhere and DRILLS people. I LOVE him. He's just everywhere and anhilates people. He rules

Yeah I heard his name a lot, him and DeImperio and... well, all of the LBs were making plays for Rutgers. Abreu was everywhere and Malast was making a lot of plays as well. If you guys are interested, I'll do a game synapsis for Rutgers when I do my write-up tomorrow and evaluate some of the players. It won't be nearly as detailed as Britt or Greene, but it will at least give you an idea of how each of them performed.

scottyboy
09-02-2008, 08:45 AM
Yeah I heard his name a lot, him and DeImperio and... well, all of the LBs were making plays for Rutgers. Abreu was everywhere and Malast was making a lot of plays as well. If you guys are interested, I'll do a game synapsis for Rutgers when I do my write-up tomorrow and evaluate some of the players. It won't be nearly as detailed as Britt or Greene, but it will at least give you an idea of how each of them performed.

i could help too if you want. I loved our D, but damn they just got tired at the end. Played like **** the last few drives, but they were exhausted. on the field WAY too much

eaglesalltheway
09-02-2008, 08:50 AM
i could help too if you want. I loved our D, but damn they just got tired at the end. Played like **** the last few drives, but they were exhausted. on the field WAY too much

That would be great. I was writing a lot so I couldnt catch spelling, and with the commentators they have I though it was spelled LeFev. I didn't catch positions like I wanted to, but I was going by names and planned on checking the team site for that sort of info. I know your one DT had a great game, but I can't remember.. just remembered... Tvertov. That was a name I had to fix after I got a look at him close up.

Giantsfan1080
09-02-2008, 08:53 AM
That would be great. I was writing a lot so I couldnt catch spelling, and with the commentators they have I though it was spelled LeFev. I didn't catch positions like I wanted to, but I was going by names and planned on checking the team site for that sort of info. I know your one DT had a great game, but I can't remember.. just remembered... Tvertov. That was a name I had to fix after I got a look at him close up.

Tverdov is his name.

eaglesalltheway
09-02-2008, 08:55 AM
Tverdov is his name.

OK, like i said, not much time to check names, but I may have that down instead of what I typed just now, I don't have the write-up in front of me.

eaglesalltheway
09-04-2008, 11:51 AM
Sorry I didn't get that up last night, had a bad day and wasn't really in the mood. Just felt like relaxing. I'll probably post it tonight.

eaglesalltheway
09-04-2008, 05:32 PM
I got this up. (Here come the ***** jokes) Its posted in the Eagles team thread and I will post it here for you guys as well. I decided not to do a whole team evaluation for a few reasons: Those of you that watched already know how everybody did to an extent, and (not to be rude) since you lost a deeper evaluation probably wouldn't go over well.

Here is my evaluation from Monday's Rutgers/ Fresno state game focusing particualarly on WR Kenny Britt and SS Courtney Greene. One thing to say though, both of these positions are dificult to fully evaluate because the camera isn't always focused on their part of the field.

Britt had 6 receptions for 89 yards with a 14.8 ypc avg. Four of his catches were for first downs, but had three drops. Two of those drops are not all on him though, poor throws by Teel didn't help his cause. He was thrown to the most of any of Rutgers receivers, a total of 14 times. He had one (what I would call) star play. His first reception was a WR screen, which he turned into a 41 yard gain. He showed very good strength and good elusiveness in Mondays game. He also not only showed the willingness to block, but good form as well, and didn't let his man make the tackle. With his size, he has an advantage over almost any CB, and though he didn't have any jump ball opportunites, he certainly would win them on many occasions. Overall is very explosive for hsi size and is a good receiver after the catch. He had an average game on Monday. I tallied up his total number of positive plays (nice catches, playmaking, blocking, etc.)with the total number of negative plays (dropped balls, poor blocks[though he had none], and mental mistakes, etc) and from what I gathered, he had a total of 8 positive points (he got 2 points for his 41 yard catch) and three negative points. Once again, there are probably much more positives and negatives, but since I don't have the proper camera angles, I can only go off of what I saw. A good game from Britt, nothing special.

Greene. RU's best defnesive player had a solid game on Monday, though the LBs were playing very well and limited some of his opportunites. He had 7 tackles, 6 of which solo, 1 TFL, 1 missed tackles, 0 passes defended, 0 INTs, and gave up 0 TDs, and had no (what I would call) star plays. Had a relatively quiet game thanks to many Rutgers defensive players stepping it up, especially the LBs, but Greene was near the action on a lot of plays. Where he made most of his tackles were in the running game. If I remember correctly, 5 of his tackles were against a RB, and the other 2 were coming up in short passes. Once again, since he is a Safety, I do not have the proper camera angles to fully evaluate how he did, and can only go from what I saw. But he is excellent in run support for a safety, as billed. Took great angles in run support as well. He did a good job of covering a very good TE in Pasco for Fresno. He was in on two throws that were incomplete. He didn't make many plays in the passing game, but didn't give up any either. Had a solid game, but like Britt, was not excellent. He had a total of 6 positive points (tackles, PBU, INT, etc.) and two negative points (missed tackles, big plays against, mental mistakes, etc) There are only 6 positive points because two of his tackles were sloppy (didn't wrap as good as he could have), but he made the tackle nonetheless.

Well those are my evaluations for Rutgers (arguably) two best players. Hipe you enjoy them. If you disagree on any of the things I brought up, let me know, and I will give explanations and listen to yours. I have no problem being told I'm wrong, as long as I'm being told so in a respectful manner. (i.e. swear words, etc) I really don't think there is too much that I goofed though.

Jonny
09-09-2008, 05:52 PM
I thought Britt played great. Slightly less touch on that bomb from Teel and Britt scores an easy TD.

Giantsfan1080
10-07-2008, 10:08 PM
Anyone concerned Savage is going to commit somewhere else if we keep playing like this?

Trojanback02
10-22-2008, 04:43 PM
I think Savage is coming here no matter what, one of my more diehard RU fans said his facebook status was "Rutgers till i die" or something of that sort.

Philliez01
05-05-2009, 07:33 PM
Minor bump here.

Savage, Jefferson or Natale? I'm assuming, unless he completely wows Schiano & Co., that Savage will not be the starter. I'd like to see DC get some PT but it looks like Natale is the favorite at this point.

Giantsfan1080
05-05-2009, 07:37 PM
Minor bump here.

Savage, Jefferson or Natale? I'm assuming, unless he completely wows Schiano & Co., that Savage will not be the starter. I'd like to see DC get some PT but it looks like Natale is the favorite at this point.

Natale early but let D.C. get more and more snaps as the season goes on. I love Jefferson's athletic ability and from what I've read he has a pretty good arm as well. It depends on how Savage is progressing as well. If he is doing well it'll be hard not to throw him into the fire as soon as possible. The one thing I don't want is for Savage and Jefferson to share snaps i game. Schiano will have to choose between the 2 and run with them.

Philliez01
05-05-2009, 07:39 PM
Natale early but let D.C. get more and more snaps as the season goes on. I love Jefferson's athletic ability and from what I've read he has a pretty good arm as well. It depends on how Savage is progressing as well. If he is doing well it'll be hard not to throw him into the fire as soon as possible. The one thing I don't want is for Savage and Jefferson to share snaps i game. Schiano will have to choose between the 2 and run with them.

I have to agree there that a "platoon" style system would be the absolute worse. Taylor-Glennon nor Kass-Pinckney (ECU) had much success with the split and whilst those are two different pairs; I can't say that Savage - Jefferson would be good for either's development.

D.C. was a personal favorite recruit that RU brought in. If Natale is better, so be it, but I'd love to see him on the field soon.

Giantsfan1080
05-05-2009, 07:46 PM
I have to agree there that a "platoon" style system would be the absolute worse. Taylor-Glennon nor Kass-Pinckney (ECU) had much success with the split and whilst those are two different pairs; I can't say that Savage - Jefferson would be good for either's development.

D.C. was a personal favorite recruit that RU brought in. If Natale is better, so be it, but I'd love to see him on the field soon.

I'd like to go to Jefferson to start the season as well but I don't see it happening. Natale has been here much longer so I'm assuming he has a better grasp on the offense than D.C. I love Jefferson as well, if Lsu wanted him then that tells you something right there. Hopefully in the summer D.C. can win the starting job but I'm not going to get my hopes up. We're going to be run heavy this year so I think Schiano is going to want the QB who can make the short amount of passes each game. The plus for D.C. would be that since we have such an inexperienced group of WR's that Jefferson's athletic ability would help the WR's get open on broken plays in the passing game.

Hurricanes25
05-05-2009, 07:50 PM
I think Natale will start the season as the QB but I wouldnt be suprised to see DC or Savage sometime during the season.

josh07039
05-18-2009, 05:58 PM
I think Natale will start the season as the QB but I wouldnt be suprised to see DC or Savage sometime during the season.Haven't been to this thread in a while because I'm never in the giants team thread, so I often forget about it altogether.
Regarding the Qb battle- DC=terrible. His performance in spring practice has shown that he is blessed with great size and a strong arm, but no qb skills. If he sees the field next year, I will be crying and praying.

Natale also looked pretty bad in spring practice, but played well in the spring game. He consistently would get a lot of time in pocket but just run around and throw the ball away, never finding an open man.

Pray that Savage is the real deal right away or this may be a long year. Hopefully he will have earned the starting job by game 4 at the latest.

The one man that will save the offense is Joe Martinek. He is huge without losing much (if any) explosiveness. When I first saw him, I was wondering who the new fullback was.

The one X factor for the offense is Sanu. He makes a lot of mistakes, but he is a godly athlete. He is such a great athlete that he could see time as a returner, Receiver, or even a safety. Schiano loves the kid, acknowledging that he isn't yet a polished player, but is a play maker because of his athleticism.

Defense looks, in a word, good.

Giantsfan1080
08-31-2009, 12:37 PM
Should we try this thread again?

bigbluedefense
08-31-2009, 12:39 PM
Yes we should.

What you guys think of Brown at WR?

Giantsfan1080
08-31-2009, 01:56 PM
Yes we should.

What you guys think of Brown at WR?

He's a burner but his routes have gotten better. The WR and QB positions are going to have question marks the first half of the year. As I Keep saying I wish this Cincy game wasn't week 1. I really don't know why we scheduled it as such.

bigbluedefense
08-31-2009, 01:59 PM
Did we add any bulk to the dline? That was a major problem last year. Our defense was just way too undersized.

Especially at DT.

Giantsfan1080
08-31-2009, 02:51 PM
Did we add any bulk to the dline? That was a major problem last year. Our defense was just way too undersized.

Especially at DT.

They actually did. They got 2 big freshmen recruits at the DT position. They got 4 star Isaac Holmes 6'3 295 and 3 star Antwan Lowery 6'4 335. Lowery was ranked higher most of the year but people were afraid he had gotten too big. Both of them were top DT recruits in the nation though. The secondary also received a big bump from recruiting and should be pretty good.

bigbluedefense
09-01-2009, 11:37 AM
I hope they can contribute fast. We need them to. Our muscle up front was just sad last year.

scottyboy
09-01-2009, 11:40 AM
our D looks good. very deep too. Couple nice battles at WLB and CB. I'm not sure I like Munoz starting at SLB making Witherspoon and Abreu battle it out for the WLB spot. oh well. lots o' talent on this team. Oh, and Sanu's an animal. Freshman of the year right there baby!

Giantsfan1080
09-01-2009, 12:20 PM
I haven't seen Witherspoon play obviously but I was hoping we'd get a Abreu/D'Imperio/Witherspoon LB corps this year.

bigbluedefense
09-01-2009, 07:29 PM
Im interested in scouting the Left Tackle, Im forgetting his name right now.

Rutgers has done pretty well lately with getting some olinemen in the NFL.

Giantsfan1080
09-01-2009, 10:24 PM
Im interested in scouting the Left Tackle, Im forgetting his name right now.

Rutgers has done pretty well lately with getting some olinemen in the NFL.

Anthony Davis. Sure 1st rounder if he comes out this year. If he waits and comes out after his senior year I think he's a top 10 pick. Hell he might even be if he comes out after this year.

Giantsfan1080
09-07-2009, 09:26 AM
About 5 and a half hours until gametime!! I am pretty pumped about it.

scottyboy
09-07-2009, 10:45 AM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!lets go RU!!!!!!!!!!! <3

thenewfeature06
09-07-2009, 11:34 AM
scotty without being a homer give me nfl prospects from rutgers besides davis that i should be watching

bigbluedefense
09-07-2009, 11:46 AM
Anyone going to the game? I tried nabbing tickets but it was too late.

Anyway, got my RU red on, excited to see em back in action. Let's take the East by storm! :D

Giantsfan1080
09-07-2009, 11:51 AM
scotty without being a homer give me nfl prospects from rutgers besides davis that i should be watching

MLB Ryan D'Imperio, OL Kevin Haslam, DE George Johnson, and CB Devin McCourty are the seniors you should keep an eye on.

Giantsfan1080
09-07-2009, 11:52 AM

Anyway, got my RU red on, excited to see em back in action. Let's take the East by storm! :D

I was going to go also but I decided to stay home and watch it. I'm starting to wish I was going though.

scottyboy
09-07-2009, 11:58 AM

GF1080 got the majority of them, but also I love WR Tim Brown and OC Ryan Blaszczyk. Timmy's a speedter who I think has a future in the NFL as a slot guy or return man if he produces this year. Top end speed and playmaker despite being kinda a midget.

R-Blas is one of my favorites. Solid technician who isn't a big name but smart and a great leader. I could see him being an UDFA who makes a roster ala Shaun O'Hara.

Also due to our run heavy gameplan this year, Jack Corcoran our FB may get some attention. These 3 guys I just mentioned probably won't get drafted, or maybe in like round 6 or 7, just some other guys to look for.

D'Imperio and McCourty are our 2 big guys to watch out for though.

scottyboy
09-07-2009, 11:59 AM

you know I am!!!! Student section season tickets baby!!!!

should I go with my "birthplace of college football" tshirt or the Raymell baby Rice jersey? I'm feeling the t-shirt, but I'm just not sure.

bigbluedefense
09-07-2009, 12:09 PM
you know I am!!!! Student section season tickets baby!!!!

should I go with my "birthplace of college football" tshirt or the Raymell baby Rice jersey? I'm feeling the t-shirt, but I'm just not sure.

I say go with the birthplace shirt :)

I was going to go also but I decided to stay home and watch it. I'm starting to wish I was going though.

Same here. Opening day is the best game to go to man :( Missed out on some good times.

Giantsfan1080
09-07-2009, 12:15 PM
I say go with the birthplace shirt :)

Same here. Opening day is the best game to go to man :( Missed out on some good times.

Let's go now and scalp tickets in the parking lot. :)

Definitely the birthplace t-shirt Scotty thats what I'll be going with as well.

Giantsfan1080
09-07-2009, 12:15 PM
I did forget about Blaze but I can't really see Brown making it in the NFL.

Forenci
09-07-2009, 01:16 PM
Good luck today guys!

Despite me constantly messing with Scottyboy about how Rutgers is bad I do think they'll be pretty good this year.

I think the Big East is pretty up in the air this year. Rutgers, Cincinatti, West Virginia, and Pitt all have some talent and anyone of them could emerge as the top team in the Big East.

bigbluedefense
09-07-2009, 01:18 PM
Let's go now and scalp tickets in the parking lot. :)

Definitely the birthplace t-shirt Scotty thats what I'll be going with as well.

:p

Im hoping Rutgers has a huge game this year like the Louisville game 2 years back, and hopefully I can get tickets to that.

Giantsfan1080
09-07-2009, 01:25 PM
:p

Im hoping Rutgers has a huge game this year like the Louisville game 2 years back, and hopefully I can get tickets to that.

Hopefully if we win this game we'll be 5-0 going into the Pitt game but that's getting very far ahead of ourselves. The Maryland should be tough because it's on the road but we're going to have to start to win those games consistently. Should be a great year though.

bigbluedefense
09-07-2009, 01:27 PM
Hopefully if we win this game we'll be 5-0 going into the Pitt game but that's getting very far ahead of ourselves. The Maryland should be tough because it's on the road but we're going to have to start to win those games consistently. Should be a great year though.

Im personally a little concerned about the offense. At the end of the day, we have a new qb running the show, and our run game hasn't really taken off since Rice left, so we lost that anchor we could rely on.

But either way, Im excited about the new year. Hopefully they live up to expectations.

Giantsfan1080
09-07-2009, 01:32 PM
Im personally a little concerned about the offense. At the end of the day, we have a new qb running the show, and our run game hasn't really taken off since Rice left, so we lost that anchor we could rely on.

But either way, Im excited about the new year. Hopefully they live up to expectations.

I'm very concerned about our QB and WR situations. The O-Line is Top 10 in the nation and we have 3 or 4 RB's that are very good. Brooks and Martinek both averaged over 5 yards a carry last year so I'm not worried about them. If we can hand the ball off most of the game and play that great Schiano defense then we should be fine. Natale and the WR's aren't going to have to win us the game I hope.

bigbluedefense
09-07-2009, 01:35 PM
I'm very concerned about our QB and WR situations. The O-Line is Top 10 in the nation and we have 3 or 4 RB's that are very good. Brooks and Martinek both averaged over 5 yards a carry last year so I'm not worried about them. If we can hand the ball off most of the game and play that great Schiano defense then we should be fine. Natale and the WR's aren't going to have to win us the game I hope.

Thats right, I completely forgot we lost Britt and Underwood for some reason. Yeah, good old ground n pound. I love Schiano. If he ever goes to the NFL, id hope it would be with the Giants <3.

Now if he could just recruit the top Jersey talent and convince em to stay in New Jersey, we'd have a top 10 program.

Thats the next step.

Giantsfan1080
09-07-2009, 01:42 PM
Thats right, I completely forgot we lost Britt and Underwood for some reason. Yeah, good old ground n pound. I love Schiano. If he ever goes to the NFL, id hope it would be with the Giants <3.

Now if he could just recruit the top Jersey talent and convince em to stay in New Jersey, we'd have a top 10 program.

Thats the next step.

We're getting there slowly recruiting wise. Schiano is also starting to get players from states not really associated with the circle of Rutgers. Keep an eye out on CB Darrell Givens. He's a true freshmen that was supposed to go to Penn State but somehting happened and at the last time he came to us. He was ranked as one of the top CB's in the nation and he's going to end up being a steal for us. I hope he gets some time today but I'm not really sure what true freshmen will play besides Tom Savage, Mohamed Sanu, and Steve Beauharnais.

Giantsfan1080
09-07-2009, 05:19 PM
Well I'm pretty embarassed.

eaglesalltheway
09-07-2009, 10:17 PM
Sorry about the loss guys, didn't get to see much of the actual game, but it looked like it was just not your day, Cincy pretty much dominated offensively it looked, from the little bit I saw (the last 6 minutes or so of the first half). Rutgers is one of my secondary favorites, if you will, (PSU is my #1) so I try to keep a close eye on them and love watching their games, and love Schiano's style as well.

bigbluedefense
09-08-2009, 08:49 AM
We look terrible. Our qb situation is BAD, and our defense still sucks.

On a positive note, Mohammed Sanu looks like he's gonna be a good player for us. He's fast and big, I like his potential.

Our run game is great when we run downhill. When we try that cute reverse end around nonsense, we can't do a thing.

We have WRs, we just have no qb. Brown can get open all day. Sanu is going to be a beast. We just have no qb.

I was a little disappointed in Davis too. Not his best game.

Giantsfan1080
09-08-2009, 10:50 AM
I think Savage will be fine but I never want to see Natale as our QB ever again. Davis and the O-Line in general had a pretty bad game. The defense was really terrible and to be honest I didn't really see one positive. Schiano needs to take over that defense immediately.

bigbluedefense
09-08-2009, 11:02 AM
I think Savage will be fine but I never want to see Natale as our QB ever again. Davis and the O-Line in general had a pretty bad game. The defense was really terrible and to be honest I didn't really see one positive. Schiano needs to take over that defense immediately.

The only real positive I took was Sanu.

The runblocking downhill in the run game was good. We just didn't get a chance to use it as much as we should have bc our defense kept giving up points.

Our WRs can get open, theyve shown that, we just need a qb who can hit them in stride.

Nothing positive about our defense. Terrible.

Giantsfan1080
09-08-2009, 11:19 AM
Sanu looked the part big time yesterday. He's an older true freshmen so that's probably why. How do you think Savage looked?

bigbluedefense
09-08-2009, 11:23 AM
Sanu looked the part big time yesterday. He's an older true freshmen so that's probably why. How do you think Savage looked?

I kind of stopped paying attention midway through the 3rd. His arm isn't as live as Natale, but at least his accuracy was a little better.

He seems hesitant in the pocket though. He needs to get that ball out quicker.

Natale's issues were mainly timing. He threw 1 boneheaded pick, but the rest was just inaccuracy from timing issues or miscommunication.

We'll just have to wait and see how it plays out. i just want us to run the ball 80% of the time and do bubble screens until we get some confidence in that qb position.

Giantsfan1080
09-08-2009, 11:25 AM
That's what they tried to do yesterday but the defense sucked so we had to start passing downfield which led to more problems.

bigbluedefense
09-08-2009, 11:28 AM
I felt we abandoned the downhill run game way too soon in that game though. We ran way too much shotgun and reverses early on in the game.

If we just stuck to the plan and ran like hell, the first half wouldnt have been as lopsided.

In college ball, you don't need to abandon the run like the NFL. if you can run like hell and score, which I think we can with that oline and run game, just keep doing it. Screw it. the clock briefly stops after 1st downs anyway. keep pounding it.

But yeah, until we fix that defense, its a moot point. Our D looked awful.

Giantsfan1080
09-08-2009, 11:30 AM
The stupid Jabu package really hurt us on a lot of drives as well.

bigbluedefense
09-08-2009, 11:31 AM
yeah that was terrible.

They ran a 3-4 D that clearly could be had up the gut, yet we're running all this garbage trying to get around the edge on them.

It was just a bad game all around. From the top down. I see the offensive issues as being correctable with time, but the defense...i don't know. i don't know how you fix that.

All I can see them do is blitz like hell and hope for the best.

Forenci
09-08-2009, 05:09 PM

I wouldn't read too much into how Savage did. I thought he did show some nice accuracy and zip though. He does hold onto the ball too long but that's to be expected of most young quarterbacks. I don't think I've saw anyone hold the ball longer than Jimmy Clausen did his freshman year, so I'm sure Savage will adjust to getting rid of the ball.

That said Cincinatti was giving him all the underneath routes in the world at the end of the game when he was in because clearly they just were playing to avoid getting beat deep so again, I think you'll really see how well he preforms once Rutgers gets to the bulk of the Big East schedule. These next few games should be a good time to get his feet wet though.

Giantsfan1080
09-08-2009, 05:50 PM
I wouldn't read too much into how Savage did. I thought he did show some nice accuracy and zip though. He does hold onto the ball too long but that's to be expected of most young quarterbacks. I don't think I've saw anyone hold the ball longer than Jimmy Clausen did his freshman year, so I'm sure Savage will adjust to getting rid of the ball.

That said Cincinatti was giving him all the underneath routes in the world at the end of the game when he was in because clearly they just were playing to avoid getting beat deep so again, I think you'll really see how well he preforms once Rutgers gets to the bulk of the Big East schedule. These next few games should be a good time to get his feet wet though.

Yeah considering the situation I was more concerned with how hard he threw the ball, his footwork, looking at his different reads, receiving the ball etc. Ray Lucas had only glowing things to say him in the postgame in regards to most of that stuff so we'll see.

Forenci
09-08-2009, 07:11 PM
Yeah considering the situation I was more concerned with how hard he threw the ball, his footwork, looking at his different reads, receiving the ball etc. Ray Lucas had only glowing things to say him in the postgame in regards to most of that stuff so we'll see.

Well I thought he looked really good, even though Cinci was making it really easy for him. Quck release, good arm strength, good accracy.

Overall (considering the circumstances) I thought he was pretty impressive.

Sanu looks awesome though. He really impressed me more than just about anyone in the game.

Giantsfan1080
09-12-2009, 03:47 PM
I know it's against Howard but Tom Savage is the real deal.

bigbluedefense
09-12-2009, 03:50 PM
I'm missing the game :(

Hurricanes25
09-12-2009, 10:47 PM
I know it's against Howard but Tom Savage is the real deal.

Agreed. He also throws a very nice deep ball. I think Tim Brown is going to have a huge year.

scottyboy
09-12-2009, 10:50 PM
Savage to Sanu all day for my 4 years at Rutgers? I love it <3

Hurricanes25
09-26-2009, 06:43 PM
Good game today. Martinek went in to beast mode and Natale has proven that he is not even a decent QB. I want Savage back.

Giantsfan1080
09-27-2009, 12:21 AM
Defense stepped up today finally. I know it's against a bad Maryland offense but still good to see.

bigbluedefense
09-28-2009, 01:06 PM
My favorite player on the team is Mohammed Sanu.

Giantsfan1080
09-28-2009, 11:09 PM
My favorite player on the team is Mohammed Sanu.

I'll tell you already right now he's an NFL WR.

bigbluedefense
09-29-2009, 10:50 AM
I'll tell you already right now he's an NFL WR.

I believe it. You can just see it in him. He's not only going to be an NFL WR, but he's gonna be a 1st round pick as well.

He's got the goods.

Hurricanes25
09-29-2009, 12:00 PM
Does anybody know Sanu's 40 time?

Giantsfan1080
09-29-2009, 12:02 PM
Does anybody know Sanu's 40 time?

Rivals has him at a 4.43 coming out of high school.

Hurricanes25
09-29-2009, 12:05 PM
Rivals has him at a 4.43 coming out of high school.

If thats the case, Sanu is truly the real deal. He has great hands, good route runner, good speed. I agree with you guys, he may very well be a 1st round pick in 3 or 4 years. Sanu and Savage should be fun to watch over the next few years.

Giantsfan1080
09-29-2009, 12:23 PM
I'm glad we have the extra time off to get Savage fully healthy now. He gets one warm up game in Texas Southern before starting the Big East schedule.

bigbluedefense
09-29-2009, 01:15 PM
we really need more talent on defense though.

we have to do a better job recruiting defense.

Giantsfan1080
09-29-2009, 01:27 PM
The defensive talent is there. They are young though. The recruiting class we got this year is going to solve a lot of those problems.

Philliez01
09-30-2009, 01:26 PM
I ran track against Sanu's HS, he was an insanely good triple jumper and long jumper. Not too much of a shock though, kid's a super athlete.

Giantsfan1080
09-30-2009, 01:28 PM
Let's not forget he's also already 20 years old so he does have those extra years on other true freshmen.

bigbluedefense
10-16-2009, 09:30 PM
I like the potential of Savage.

not bad for a true freshman.

Hurricanes25
10-16-2009, 11:15 PM
I like the potential of Savage.

not bad for a true freshman.

He has all the tools you look for in a QB. He just needs some experience which obviously comes with time. He is going to be a big time QB in a couple years.

scottyboy
10-16-2009, 11:17 PM
blargh what a long, exhausting, exciting and disappointing game

Giantsfan1080
10-17-2009, 12:59 AM
We're really not good. We got lucky in '06. I'm usually very optimistic but something is wrong here.

bigbluedefense
10-17-2009, 11:18 AM
We rode Ray Rice's legs all the way to a respectable record in 06.

This team is still growing, you can see it with some of this young talent, but its definitely a work in progress.

Hurricanes25
11-10-2009, 10:01 PM
Big game on Thursday night against USF. Our offense looks like it is starting to gel so I don't think that will be a problem. And plus, I think we usually play pretty well on Thursday nights so it should be a good game.

Giantsfan1080
11-11-2009, 10:54 AM
Big game on Thursday night against USF. Our offense looks like it is starting to gel so I don't think that will be a problem. And plus, I think we usually play pretty well on Thursday nights so it should be a good game.

Yeah we usually play well Thursday nights and especially against South Florida. I love how Savage is starting to look and Sanu and now Harrison look like great targets for the years to come. The running game is looking pretty good now as well. The defense is creating a lot of turnovers but I'm still a little leery of the unit. We don't get much push up front so we'll see how we handle Daniels.

Giantsfan1080
11-12-2009, 09:28 PM
What a great game from both sides of the ball tonight.

scottyboy
11-12-2009, 11:05 PM
words can't even describe my love for Rutgers

Forenci
11-13-2009, 12:47 PM
words can't even describe my love for Rutgers

..eh, don't go crazy now Scotty. USF is really not that great of a team and I hate to say it but they literally handed you the game. They couldn't even field a kick, much less do anything else. I'm pretty sure even a 1AA team could have beaten them with a performance like that.

I'm sorry but if it was up to me I wouldn't allow Rutgers in a bowl game. They played the most pathetic schedule I've ever seen. I mean any team could do what they did to get in a bowl game but most of them try to make a solid schedule. Every team will schedule a couple of mediocre/bad opponents but Rutgers schedule is pretty much filled with them. Plus both of their losses came from the only really good teams on that schedule (yes I am saying UConn isn't good).

That said they do have talent. Savage is solid for a true freshman and I absolutely LOVE Sanu. Kid is a beast.

Giantsfan1080
11-13-2009, 12:52 PM
You're right about the schedule and it's mostly there fault but not all of it. They wanted to sign with a big team but most people don't want to play us without screwing us out of house and home. Also, nobody expected Maryland to be this bad which would have also been a better team on the schedule. They've upped the schedule big time for the next 5-10 years because they found deals that work.

In regards to the game last night the Rutgers D came to play. They had Daniels frazzled from the first drive on. They had a perfect gameplan for him and executed it just as well. The USF D kept them in the game for almost 3 quarters before we finally put it away.

Forenci
11-13-2009, 12:58 PM
You're right about the schedule and it's mostly there fault but not all of it. They wanted to sign with a big team but most people don't want to play us without screwing us out of house and home. Also, nobody expected Maryland to be this bad which would have also been a better team on the schedule. They've upped the schedule big time for the next 5-10 years because they found deals that work.

In regards to the game last night the Rutgers D came to play. They had Daniels frazzled from the first drive on. They had a perfect gameplan for him and executed it just as well. The USF D kept them in the game for almost 3 quarters before we finally put it away.

Well I agree the Rutgers defense, particularly the pass rush, was great, but my point was USF was beating themselves in a lot of this game.

I disagree about Maryland. I think there were many people who thought they were going to be bad, or at the very least average. Perhaps not this bad though.

Also there are a lot of teams who sacrifice giving up home games in order to play good opponents, what makes Rutgers so special that they shouldn't have to do that? I mean if you guys played at Giants stadium (the new one now) it would still be excellent homefield advantage. Maybe even better than at your own stadium depending on who you play.

scottyboy
11-13-2009, 01:01 PM
..eh, don't go crazy now Scotty. USF is really not that great of a team and I hate to say it but they literally handed you the game. They couldn't even field a kick, much less do anything else. I'm pretty sure even a 1AA team could have beaten them with a performance like that.

I'm sorry but if it was up to me I wouldn't allow Rutgers in a bowl game. They played the most pathetic schedule I've ever seen. I mean any team could do what they did to get in a bowl game but most of them try to make a solid schedule. Every team will schedule a couple of mediocre/bad opponents but Rutgers schedule is pretty much filled with them. Plus both of their losses came from the only really good teams on that schedule (yes I am saying UConn isn't good).

That said they do have talent. Savage is solid for a true freshman and I absolutely LOVE Sanu. Kid is a beast.

i wasn't really talking about the game you jerk! mainly the atmosphere we had and me being there experiencing a thurday night, espn beat down of the number 23 ranked team in the nation (i know they're not that good, but still) and just me being a part of Rutgers. last night was just awesome.

and not in a bowl? pfft.
army's not horrible this year
Maryland wasn't supposed to be this bad and when we scheduled them, they were a good team
We played Pit very tough (probably should've beat them)
and Uconn isn't horrible
we finish out with wins over 'cuse, WVU and loserville, there's no way you can believe we don't deserve a bowl game.

Giantsfan1080
11-13-2009, 01:04 PM
Well I agree the Rutgers defense, particularly the pass rush, was great, but my point was USF was beating themselves in a lot of this game.

I disagree about Maryland. I think there were many people who thought they were going to be bad, or at the very least average. Perhaps not this bad though.

Also there are a lot of teams who sacrifice giving up home games in order to play good opponents, what makes Rutgers so special that they shouldn't have to do that? I mean if you guys played at Giants stadium (the new one now) it would still be excellent homefield advantage. Maybe even better than at your own stadium depending on who you play.

When we shceduled the series with Maryland over 5 years ago they were an up and coming team with a good heach coach. It's hard to schedule teams that you know will be at least average so far in advance.

Rutgers doesn't want to have to give up any extra revenue that will help them keep moving their program in the right direction. If the right deal came up they would have took it just like they did with Penn State, UCLA, and Miami. I'd say those 3 teams will look really good in their OOC schedule the next decade. We usually do a bit better job with our OOC schedule than this year.

Forenci
11-13-2009, 01:12 PM
i wasn't really talking about the game you jerk! mainly the atmosphere we had and me being there experiencing a thurday night, espn beat down of the number 23 ranked team in the nation (i know they're not that good, but still) and just me being a part of Rutgers. last night was just awesome.

and not in a bowl? pfft.
army's not horrible this year
Maryland wasn't supposed to be this bad and when we scheduled them, they were a good team
We played Pit very tough (probably should've beat them)
and Uconn isn't horrible
we finish out with wins over 'cuse, WVU and loserville, there's no way you can believe we don't deserve a bowl game.

If you can beat WVU then yes, I will say you deserve a bowl game. Otherwise, no.

And if you want to say you probably should have beaten Pitt I could easily say you should have lost to a sub par UConn team.

scottyboy
11-13-2009, 01:14 PM
If you can beat WVU then yes, I will say you deserve a bowl game. Otherwise, no.

And if you want to say you probably should have beaten Pitt I could easily say you should have lost to a sub par UConn team.

pfft we were dominating that whole game. I'm embarassed it came down to that miracle comeback.

but again, we're a young team right now struggling with consistancy and capitalizing. I think if we finish a season losing only 2-3 teams, all of whom have been ranked, we deserve at least some ****** bowl. Wasn't expecting much this season however, but I'm sooo excited for the rest of the season. Beauharnis was ALL over BJ last night, he's got great potential for us

Giantsfan1080
11-13-2009, 01:20 PM
This freshemn class is going to be amazing. Stars all over the place and we haven't even see Ryan and Givens in the secondary yet or Holmes and Lowery on the D-Line.

brat316
11-13-2009, 01:30 PM
its gonna be Temple Rutgers bowl, international bowl?

Giantsfan1080
11-13-2009, 01:32 PM

I've read that in some places. If we win out then I think we might get something else though.

brat316
11-13-2009, 01:37 PM
if they beat WVU then yea

scottyboy
11-13-2009, 01:59 PM

but then we'd just win another bowl in blowout fashion.

well except last year...

Giantsfan1080
11-13-2009, 02:03 PM

well except last year...

Have you seen Scott Wright's blog today?

brat316
11-13-2009, 02:05 PM

well except last year...

stop it...we gonna have our RB run for at least 180 and like 2 tds.

scottyboy
11-13-2009, 02:06 PM
Have you seen Scott Wright's blog today?

i JUST did, and I came...multiple times

Giantsfan1080
11-13-2009, 02:18 PM
i JUST did, and I came...multiple times

:) I figured.

herniateddisc
11-27-2009, 12:18 PM
If Davis LT comes out, where does he go??

Giantsfan1080
11-27-2009, 12:47 PM
If Davis LT comes out, where does he go??

Top 25. I think his combine might boost him up to maybe Top 15 though.

Hurricanes25
11-27-2009, 01:11 PM
Im loving this Sanu wildcat package.

Giantsfan1080
11-27-2009, 01:49 PM
Im loving this Sanu wildcat package.

I like it but it takes away from Savage throwing the ball and developing for the future.

scottyboy
11-27-2009, 05:22 PM
yea Savage throwing the ball, what? 5 times? in the 2nd half is unacceptable.

And Davis this year will be top 20, but with an expected great combine from RU fans, he could be top 10. He should probably stay for a better year next year

Giantsfan1080
11-27-2009, 05:29 PM
Davis is not doing as well this year as I thought but he still has amazing potential.

Hurricanes25
11-29-2009, 09:30 PM
I projected some of our prospects and wrote a little about them. Just want to get some opinions on what you guys think.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1899999#post1899999

bigbluedefense
12-20-2009, 09:05 AM
Mohammed Sanu is a beast.

With him and Savage, the future is looking bright.

Giantsfan1080
12-20-2009, 10:36 AM
Mohammed Sanu is a beast.

With him and Savage, the future is looking bright.

There are so many talented freshmen on this team it's ridiculous. You also have Harrison and Beauharnais who look to be solid as well. We also redshirted a ton of guys that were 4* stars which will add yet another layer next year.

scottyboy
12-20-2009, 10:46 AM
RU rah rah RU rah rah Hoo Rah Hoo Rah Rutgers rah! upstream redteam redteam upstream Rah Rah Rutgers Rah!

Hurricanes25
12-20-2009, 11:26 AM
Great ending to a pretty good season. Im looking foward to next year. Savage to Sanu is gong to be deadly. We have a lot of young studs on defense.

Does anybody think we can compete with Cincy next year and possibly win the Big East?

scottyboy
12-20-2009, 11:55 AM
Great ending to a pretty good season. Im looking foward to next year. Savage to Sanu is gong to be deadly. We have a lot of young studs on defense.

Does anybody think we can compete with Cincy next year and possibly win the Big East?

absolutely 100%.

We're losing:
Offense:
FB Jack Corcoran- It's a shame, he's been an excellent FB. We've got some guys waiting in the wings and who knows? Maybe Brooks takes over that role next year
WR Tim Brown- kills us. He's our big time playmaker and leader. Huge blow, but now Harrison and Wright along with Graves and Jefferson need to step up in the passing game with Sanu.
LT Anthony Davis- Hard to replace a top 10 pick, but we have consistantly sent OL to the NFL and not misses a beat. We're slowly becoming an OL powerhouse and we've got young guns in the wings.
C R-Blaz- Leader of the OL, senior leadership. Could end up being a Shaun O'Hara: UDFA, smart, not the most physical guy. The most important thing to replace is OL leadership and comfort and repitition with Savage.
RT Kevin Haslaam- Ok, our OL is taking some hits. It's up to our young guys in the wings to step up and fill in nicely next year. I think we'll be ok though.

Defense:
DE George Johnson- He's been a FREAK this year. I love the dude and he's a great motivator, but this will give Jonathan Freeny more snaps and he is a guy to look out for. My sleeper next year for breakout player.
LB Damaso Munoz- We lose one of our best named players and hardest hitters. Playmaker, but replaced but Beuaharnis or Manny Abreu, which eases the loss.
LB Ryan D'Imperio- would've been a stud without the leg injury, which blows. Smart player, but tailed off this year. Again, he'll be missed, but the LB corps of Beauharnis-Lowery-Abreu should be just fine.
S Zaire Kitchen- Good playmaker and ST POTY last season. He'll be missed, but I'm excited to see Khasim Greene out there. I'm in love with him.
CB Devin McCourty- :( He'll be missed BIG time in every aspect. Hopefully Rowe and Givens can step up big time next year. That'll be the most interesting thing.

Our OL and secondary are taking the hits with this senior class leaving, so we'll see what happens.

Giantsfan1080
12-20-2009, 12:30 PM
Our O-Line should be some combination of Forst, Ruch, Stapleton, Barbieri and who else? Also I heard we're moving Witherspoon to DE which should be a good fit for him. We'll probably have Ryan and Givens in the secondary as well next year.

scottyboy
12-20-2009, 12:37 PM
Our O-Line should be some combination of Forst, Ruch, Stapleton, Barbieri and who else? Also I heard we're moving Witherspoon to DE which should be a good fit for him. We'll probably have Ryan and Givens in the secondary as well next year.

my guess would be Muldrow.
I'm hoping Matthew Hardison from my town Freehold gets a shot, but who know.
Also, I forgot to mention Bing in the secondary too.
With Ryan, Givens, Bing, and Rowe, we've got some raw CB talent

Giantsfan1080
12-20-2009, 01:23 PM
We'll also have Vallone and LeGrand at DT with Lowery and Holmes waiting in the wings. I'm guessing Abreu, Beauharnais, and LOwery will be at LB also.

Giantsfan1080
01-07-2010, 02:51 PM
Tom Savage and Scott Vallone were named Freshmen All Americans. Rutgers and Oregon were the only 2 schools with more than one player on the list.

scottyboy
01-08-2010, 01:27 PM
Tom Savage and Scott Vallone were named Freshmen All Americans. Rutgers and Oregon were the only 2 schools with more than one player on the list.

and thats without Sanu too dammit!

scottyboy
02-02-2010, 11:15 AM
let's talk more Rutgers! Zak, tell me more about this recruit! I'm not up on my recruiting! Gimme good info to read when I get back from Brower!

Giantsfan1080
02-02-2010, 12:04 PM
let's talk more Rutgers! Zak, tell me more about this recruit! I'm not up on my recruiting! Gimme good info to read when I get back from Brower!

4* recruit from Florida. He's a CB/S but it looks like we told him he'll play CB for us. He picked us over Michigan but he had offers from all the big schools. He was also 1st Team All Florida in HS. Sounds like a good hard working player. Also the highest ranked recruit we ever got from Florida. The best part I saved for last. His name is Rashad KNIGHT.

The class started off terrible but within the last week we're really getting better. It's going to end up being not rated as high as last year but we're really getting some good players recently. The two players left that are interested in us that would be big gets are Jeremy Deering and Brandon Coleman. They both have us down in their final 2 with Florida State(Deering) and Maryland(Coleman. If we get those two we did a really good job.

Giantsfan1080
02-02-2010, 12:19 PM
Holy crap!!! The WR Coleman I was just talking about committed to us also. Said he has a good relationship with Schiano and Savage. What a great 3 hours for Rutgers football recruiting.

Giantsfan1080
02-02-2010, 09:28 PM
Wow I just got back from work and we got Deering also!!! This is the best day in Rutgers recruiting ever.

scottyboy
02-02-2010, 09:47 PM
WOOO Rutgers is reelin' 'em in. It's looking good for me here! Especially since I plan on going to grad school so I'll see this kid play a ton!

josh07039
02-02-2010, 09:51 PM
We have a really deep class coming in. It doesn't have that one big name like Anthony Davis, but there are a lot of really good athletes coming in on both sides of the ball. There are a few smaller name guys that may be steals. One guy I'm going to keep an eye on is Taj Alexander, a big guy who didn't get many offers but has some nice tools. Also not a small name exactly, but Chris Fonti looks like he might be a good one after a year of redshirting.

Giantsfan1080
02-02-2010, 10:06 PM
We have a really deep class coming in. It doesn't have that one big name like Anthony Davis, but there are a lot of really good athletes coming in on both sides of the ball. There are a few smaller name guys that may be steals. One guy I'm going to keep an eye on is Taj Alexander, a big guy who didn't get many offers but has some nice tools. Also not a small name exactly, but Chris Fonti looks like he might be a good one after a year of redshirting.

Not as good as last year but with today this is an amazing class. I think Mera is really flying under the radar and he might be a big player from this class.

It looks like we told Deering he'll play WR which is very interesting. We're actually reall stacked there now after today. We might see more of a Wildcat with Sanu which I don't like even though it was successful. It's more because I think Savage is a star in the making and he needs as many reps as possible.

josh07039
02-02-2010, 11:55 PM
Not as good as last year but with today this is an amazing class. I think Mera is really flying under the radar and he might be a big player from this class.

It looks like we told Deering he'll play WR which is very interesting. We're actually reall stacked there now after today. We might see more of a Wildcat with Sanu which I don't like even though it was successful. It's more because I think Savage is a star in the making and he needs as many reps as possible.THe thing with Mera is that I'm not sure what kind of frame he has to put on weight. He is a defensive lineman who played at 240, however, I know that he is down to 215 now for wrestling. The fact that he can get down that far for wrestling may mean his frame can't hold enough weight to cut it as a big time defensive lineman. However, if he can, being a wrestler should really help him with leverage and such.