PDA

View Full Version : Training camp

NoLa Saints
08-02-2007, 04:54 PM
I would like to know who is standing out or dissapointing in your teams training camp.
So far in Saints camp Devery Henderson is looking quite capable of being our #2 WR next to Colston. Meachem has not been been very impressive so far getting a lot of attention from the WR coaches but has shown his potential. Overall our secondary seems to be much improved from last year. Jason David seems to be impressing everybody with is his speed and athleticism and should be our #2 Corner. I am interested to see what everybody else has to say about their team's training camp.

Flyboy
08-02-2007, 05:34 PM
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53

There ya go.

ninerfan
08-02-2007, 06:38 PM
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53

There ya go.

I think he's talking not just his team but around the league

amag
08-02-2007, 06:53 PM
Believe it or not David Boston is doing really really good for the bucs tc

Auron
08-02-2007, 07:01 PM
I would like to know who is standing out or dissapointing in your teams training camp.
So far in Saints camp Devery Henderson is looking quite capable of being our #2 WR next to Colston. Meachem has not been been very impressive so far getting a lot of attention from the WR coaches but has shown his potential. Overall our secondary seems to be much improved from last year. Jason David seems to be impressing everybody with is his speed and athleticism and should be our #2 Corner. I am interested to see what everybody else has to say about their team's training camp.

Well the thing with Meachem is, he has been showing improvement. However often times when he does the right things he's had to deal with bad throws from the back up QBs. Like yesterday he ran a great endzone fade but the ball was thrown behind him; and I read today that Meachem ran a perfect deep route and got good seperation from Jason Craft, but Jamie Martin didn't look off the Safety at all and Bellamy picked it off.

So he's had some tough breaks, but yeah the coaches have been in his ear a lot.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
08-02-2007, 08:27 PM
Believe it or not David Boston is doing really really good for the bucs tc

does it look like he'll make the team??

neko4
08-02-2007, 08:28 PM
Green Bay
Favre went to a funeral
Morency got hurt, but Jackson has showed promise
Jennings apparently isnt doing to good and so is Harrell

ninerfan
08-02-2007, 08:33 PM
49ers

Gore broke his hand ( out until last pre season game)
1st rd picks Willis and Staley been impressive, both chances to start
VD has been fiery and stirring up Offense vs Defense
Lelie has been surprisingly OK and should make team
Defense seems to have the better of Offense at present

CC.SD
08-02-2007, 08:46 PM
Cromartie is supposedly lighting up the camp.

Eric Parker is injured so Craig Davis is running with the first team, the impression has been very positive; he will see action from day 1 with the talking they are doing.

doingthisinsteadofwork
08-02-2007, 08:52 PM
Echemandu is doing the best out of the RBs.
Darius and Ward are killing people.
Mike Williams is catching the ball.
Henderson and Moses are both doing well.

neko4
08-02-2007, 08:53 PM
Mike Williams is catching the ball.

Liar, thats impossible

Smooth Criminal
08-02-2007, 09:52 PM
For the Steelers reports are the Ben looks great.
Holmes and Willie Reid both look good.
Anthony Smith has been starting at FS and has looked great.
Kendall Simmons and Max Starks are both said to have come to camp in great shape and are both easily winning position battles.

Geo
08-02-2007, 09:56 PM
Jennings apparently isnt doing to good and so is Harrell
I liked what I saw of Harrell on NFLN ...

Eric Parker is injured so Craig Davis is running with the first team, the impression has been very positive; he will see action from day 1 with the talking they are doing.
I could have sworn that I read that Davis' knee was bothering him and keeping him out of practice. Yes/no?

Flyboy
08-02-2007, 09:59 PM
I think he's talking not just his team but around the league

Ah ha. Gotcha.

P-L
08-02-2007, 10:01 PM
RB Tatum Bell supposedly looks really good and the OL as a whole looks better than last year.

zoinks
08-02-2007, 10:04 PM
Many people see the Titans' WR's as a liability, but according to reports from camp, they've actually been one of the team's biggest surprises. Courtney Roby and Roydell Williams have been particulary solid, Eric Moulds has been a strong presence in the middle and catches everything that comes his way, and unknown UDFA Biren Ealy has been raising a lot of eyebrows.

It also appears that the competition is fierce in the secondary. S Calvin Lowry appears to be the favorite to start alongside Chris Hope, while top pick Micheal Griffin has demonstrated considerable playmaking ability and has been blowing people up while making the transition to cornerback.

Flyboy
08-02-2007, 10:11 PM
RB Tatum Bell supposedly looks really good and the OL as a whole looks better than last year.

What about Kevin Jones?

draftguru151
08-02-2007, 11:11 PM
Green and Lemon are pretty much splitting first team reps. A lot of interceptions but Cameron wants them forcing throws right now so it's not that bad.

Defense is dominating, OL is getting whooped. Starting right side since camp started has been Drew Mormino and Anthony Alabi, Rex Hadnot and LJ Shelton are the 2nd string right side. And I wonder why the first team line is getting destroyed. Haven't heard anything about Carey's move to LT.

Ronnie Brown has been getting a ridiculous amount of reps in practice and everyone's saying his work load next year should be a lot more than in the past, especially in the passing game.

Ginn is blazing fast on KR but not much news of him at WR, other than that Lemon keeps on overthrowing him (?). John Beck looks very accurate, and has a really good connection with UDFA WR Kerry Reed. Satele pretty much has the starting center spot locked up. Booker keeps juking the hell out of people, but it looks like Jesse Chatman may end up as the 2nd RB. Like I mentioned before Mormino is starting as of right now. Fields has been booming punts. Soliai is expected to be the 2nd team NT since Evans is gone ( :( ). Abraham Wright is very quick off the edge and has been great pass rushing.

steelernation77
08-02-2007, 11:19 PM
LaMarr Woodley has been mentioned positively in every report I've read.

Paul
08-02-2007, 11:24 PM
Romo struggled a little bit in the very early part of camp, it was more like a small part of a day, but he is back to hitting his marks once again. Even improvising a fake-spike to the surprise of TO and Wade Phillips..

Marion Barber was a little rusty in the beginnig of camp as well, while Julius Jones has been getting some nice reviews about his running. Tyson Thompson seems to be embedded as the 3rd RB right now.

Terry Glenn just had a minor knee surgery, should be back in a couple weeks. And TO is TO. Took a coupel days off. But you guys watch out for Sam Hurd, turning some heads so far. Has gotten some rave reviews. I'm surprised since I was never was one of his fans.

The Defense as a whole looks quicker and alot thinner. Roy is down about 8lbs from last year and is loving the new scheme. And as you see in my sig likened himself to Jesus Christ. Bradie James is down to around 235 I believe, which should help his agility a little bit. As well as Marcus Spears who has slimmed down to 305, hoping to be around 295 bu the end of TC, and recently has been doing great. And Demarcus has been beasting th whole time.

PACKmanN
08-02-2007, 11:24 PM
James Jones is the guy thats been shining the most from the OTAs till now. The o-line looks and works together better then last year training camp. A.J. Hawk has been near the ball like the ball hawk he is, I except a lot from him this season. Greg Jennings has been improving lately.

Brandon Jackson hasn't been bad but still needs to develop as a blocker. None has come out as a true number one Tight End yet. Justin Harrell so far looks like he missed a year of football. Manuel is still getting bet in coverage.

Geo
08-03-2007, 12:01 AM
Green and Lemon are pretty much splitting first team reps. A lot of interceptions but Cameron wants them forcing throws right now so it's not that bad.
Lemon splitting first team reps is interesting. As much grief as the Dolphins got/get for drafting Teddy Ginn, which is too much imo, he is by far their best chance to stretch the field and thus help open up the short and middle yardage passing game for Chambers and Booker/Hagan.

Defense is dominating
As much as I hate the Dolphins giving Joey Porter $20M guaranteed, I'm looking forward to seeing him play across from Jason Taylor (the best DE in the game imo). Saban and Capers returned the front seven to its stouter ways last year.

OL is getting whooped. Starting right side since camp started has been Drew Mormino and Anthony Alabi, Rex Hadnot and LJ Shelton are the 2nd string right side. And I wonder why the first team line is getting destroyed. Haven't heard anything about Carey's move to LT.
Hmm.

Ronnie Brown has been getting a ridiculous amount of reps in practice and everyone's saying his work load next year should be a lot more than in the past, especially in the passing game.
I don't know if you saw my updated 2005 RB rankings (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=527882&highlight=ronnie+brown#post527882), guru. I think Brown is a beast in the making, ready to explode in his third year like Steven Jackson did last year. Lorenzo Booker will get some catches, but Brown will be a workhorse. That is, if the offensive line can get over its early pre-season struggles mentioned above.

Satele pretty much has the starting center spot locked up.
Satele was one of my favorite prospects in the Draft, heck of a pick by the Dolphins.

Soliai is expected to be the 2nd team NT since Evans is gone ( :( ).
Shame Evans screwed up, just when the Dolphins had developed him into a promising contributor. Jason Taylor thought as much, and still is in contact with him, I've read.

draftguru151
08-03-2007, 12:22 AM
Yea Vonnie Holliday still talks to him as well. I was really upset when I heard about his situation, I really thought he would be out future at NT, we had enough faith in him that if Traylor would have retired we wouldn't have tried to sign someone to fill his roll. We lost our 2 back up NTs (Wilkinson and Zgonina) and with Traylor not being able to play more than 25 plays a game I'm really worried about the middle if Soliai or Kevin Vickerson don't step up big.

I didn't hear much about Porter until today, where he had two big plays, one was a sack and the other he got into the backfield on a run and if it were full contact would have destroyed Ronnie Brown, but instead just gave him a hit that made him stumble a few feet.

Another thing to mention is Rex Hadnot and Robert McCune got in a little scuffle the other day, nothing bad though.

P-L
08-03-2007, 12:26 AM
What about Kevin Jones?

Still hurt. They say he's 50/50 for the start of the season, which most likely means he won't be ready.

Denver Bronco99
08-03-2007, 12:32 AM
Brandon Marshall is nursing a quad injury....Javon walker seems to be playing with a passion(he was with Dwill the night he was killed)...DJ Williams is lighting up camp....The dline is looking good.....Daniel Graham is looking to be good

Flyboy
08-03-2007, 12:34 AM
Still hurt. They say he's 50/50 for the start of the season, which most likely means he won't be ready.

Damn -- one of my favorite players too. Shame to hear that.

CC.SD
08-03-2007, 12:40 AM
I liked what I saw of Harrell on NFLN ...

I could have sworn that I read that Davis' knee was bothering him and keeping him out of practice. Yes/no?

He missed one practice earlier this week with a sore knee but every camp report before and since throws him out there as our most impressive WR out there.

Flyboy
08-03-2007, 12:49 AM
I'm sure either Auron or myself would be happy to answer any questions regarding any players at the Saints' training camp. Just too lazy to compile what has been coming out of camp.

soybean
08-03-2007, 12:54 AM
I'm sure either Auron or myself would be happy to answer any questions regarding any players at the Saints' training camp. Just too lazy to compile what has been coming out of camp.

how does bush look?

Flyboy
08-03-2007, 12:57 AM
how does bush look?

Not to be a homer or try to use hyperboles, but pretty damn impressive. He's refining his game as a runningback by becoming more patient to let the play develop and then exploding through the hole.

Most reports say that he looks even quicker & faster than last season.. if that's possible.

Auron
08-03-2007, 01:55 AM
how does bush look?

I think Flyboy pretty much covered it.

From the reports out of training camp the Reggie Bush you're going to see this year will be much different than the Rookie you saw last year. He's worked on his Rushing game by just being more patient, letting his blocks develop, and not press as much. He still has that surreal quickness and explosion, and has made many Defenders just look silly in practice.

I'm expecting big things from him in year 2.

ninerfan
08-03-2007, 02:02 AM
how does bush look?

Always better neatly trimmed or better still waxed

Paranoidmoonduck
08-03-2007, 03:59 AM
- BJ Ward, the 2005 undrafted FA out of Florida State is apparently making a huge impression. He's delivered some big hits (removed Ronald Curry's helmet completely), and seems to make at least one interceptions every day.

- Zach Miller apparently had a huge practice yesterday, and has the coaching staff raving about how he's played so far.

- Warren Sapp has come in at 284 lbs (was apparently in the 330's last year), and has looked good (not to mention yelled at everyone and everything in only 7 days).

- Robert Gallery appears to officially be the starting left guard right now, and the surprising Cornell Green has been starting at right tackle over Paul McQuistan.

That's all I can think of right now off the top of my head.

BufFan71
08-03-2007, 09:44 AM
Losman has looked amazing
so has Roscoe Parrish, Lee Evans, Josh Reed

Keith Ellison has been doing really good (spikes replacement)

P-L
08-03-2007, 09:57 AM
The Lions placed QB Drew Stanton on IR. They said his injury wasn't real serious, but with the emergence of J.T. O'Sullivan in camp they felt he wouldn't be needed to contribute this year.

T-RICH49
08-03-2007, 10:06 AM
Bernard Pollard has been a BEAST so far in tc,Kolby Smith has been the most impressive RB in camp.Turk McBride is showing a lot of potential.Donnie Edwards, Napoleon Harris and Derrick Johnson have been impressive

Pit Bull #53
08-03-2007, 10:17 AM
Bernard Pollard has been a BEAST so far in tc,Kolby Smith has been the most impressive RB in camp.Turk McBride is showing a lot of potential.Donnie Edwards, Napoleon Harris and Derrick Johnson have been impressive

Is Turk playing DE or DT?

M.O.T.H.
08-03-2007, 10:53 AM
I think Flyboy pretty much covered it.

From the reports out of training camp the Reggie Bush you're going to see this year will be much different than the Rookie you saw last year. He's worked on his Rushing game by just being more patient, letting his blocks develop, and not press as much. He still has that surreal quickness and explosion, and has made many Defenders just look silly in practice.

I'm expecting big things from him in year 2.

How has my boy Terrance Copper looked?

Flyboy
08-03-2007, 11:00 AM
How has my boy Terrance Copper looked?

He's looked good as well. Looks like he got bigger during the offseason. I think he's going to be either our 3rd or 4th WR.. the battle for our 2nd WR is fierce between Devery Henderson and the surprising emergence of David Patten. In typical Copper-like fashion, there was a play where a ball intended for Copper was intercepted by Josh Bullocks and as Bullocks was running towards the endzone - out of nowhere, Copper sprinted to cause him to fumble and recover the ball. Scrappy player -- if he can stop with making huge mistakes during games (critical fumbles) then he'll be just fine for us. I like Copper a lot.

amag
08-03-2007, 11:06 AM
does it look like he'll make the team??
if he keeps playing like this he will be our number 2 behind galloway, hes looking that good, hes still hella fast and hes making spectacular catches look easy

SubNoize
08-03-2007, 12:13 PM
to add on to raiders camp, zach miller was being raved about because of him catching 4 TD passes yesterday. he was making some one handed catches and diving as well.

rhodes is doing very well and it sucks that he'll be missing 4 games. outside of him "joe" echemandu seems to be the teams best runner in the 1 cut system and i expect him to make the roster over fargas.

Jerry Porter looks beastly and is playing well.

The starting offensive line is looking like so Sims,Gallery,Grove,Carlisle,Green...
Newberry has taken some first team reps at center as well and rookie Mario Henderson may emerge as starting RT before the preseason ends.

Higgins and Carr ar splitting 1st team reps at PR and KR.

Carr has been playing nickel in place of injured Stanford Routt, as is Huff in situational downs.

draftguru151
08-03-2007, 12:38 PM
CB Michael Lehan is currently playing ahead of Jason Allen, last year's first-round pick.

That would make Allen the 4th CB right now, and Andre Goodman isn't practicing. Oh vey.

Something interesting to note, Cameron has some veterans only practice once a day. Traylor did this all last year and continued this year, and a few days in Cameron thought other vets should as well. I think only Az Hakim sat out yesterday afternoon with Traylor. The first day the morning practice was pretty much a rookie camp.

ShutDwn
08-03-2007, 01:04 PM
Panthers-

Jeff King is going to be the starting TE, and is making plays constantly. Every day he makes some catch that is noted in reports.

Nate Salley before he got injured was all over Steve Smith, and has been the only one able to hinder Smith at all.

Stanley McClover continues to work exceptionally hard and is showing his motor.

Ryan Kalil is doing very well at camp as well.

Dwayne Jarrett is making nice catches, having some difficulty getting away from Richard Marshall. Not like Marshall is a push over though.

Kris Jenkins, despite contract disputes, is looking fit as ever and should be in the best shape since 03 when he was truly dominant.

locseti
08-03-2007, 01:22 PM
Mike Williams is sitll overweight. Sapp was barking at him during yesterdays practice,

Later, Sapp chided wide receiver Mike Williams about his weight. "You can write (2)47 but it doesn't mean it's true." Williams tried to respond, but Sapp just talked over him. He also said Williams needs to prop himself up against a wall he's so heavy. He also told Williams to get in there block because he weighs 250 pounds.

Prop himself against a wall because he's so heavy? Get in there and block because he weighs 250 lbs? That is freaking priceless.

locseti
08-03-2007, 01:25 PM
Also for the Raiders, Zach Miller is really impressing coaches. He had 3 TD's in yetserdays practice, and they say he looks like a veteran, and never makes any mental mistakes.

08-03-2007, 01:39 PM
Liar, thats impossible

Well, Mike has never had a problem with Catching the ball (at least when he was at USC) he's just slow as...well you know.

Geo
08-03-2007, 02:25 PM
Mike Williams is sitll overweight. Sapp was barking at him during yesterdays practice,

Prop himself against a wall because he's so heavy? Get in there and block because he weighs 250 lbs? That is freaking priceless.
LOL, Sapp's big mouth can actually be useful.

Freddy G
08-03-2007, 02:51 PM
Browns

-Ryan Tucker is suspended 4 games for roids. week 1 OL will probably be:
LT- Thomas
LG- Steinbach
C- Fraley (Bentley will be back sometime this season)
RG- Seth McKinney
RT- Kevin Shaffer

-If Eric Wright can keep it up, he will be the #2 corner. Gary Baxter is back and will probably play as a situational player.

-Both Wimbley (who is up to 260) and Willie Mac rave about Joe Thomas. As for Wimbley, he has looked good overall, and is not just a one trick poney like last season.

-Jamal Lewis actually looks kind of like Jamal Lewis. Reporters have been impressed and he could turn out to be a big FA steal.

-Orpheus Roye will have knee surgery, but should be back by week 1. Look for Simon Fraser to get more PT.

-Reportadly, overall LBs, DBs, OL, TEs, and RBs look real good and DL, WR, and QB look crappy...as expected, especially DL.

bearsfan_51
08-03-2007, 03:12 PM
The Lions placed QB Drew Stanton on IR. They said his injury wasn't real serious, but with the emergence of J.T. O'Sullivanin camp they felt he wouldn't be needed to contribute this year.
Hahaha....the same J.T. O'Sullivan that has been cut by almost every team in the league, including us about 3 weeks ago in favor of Chris Leak? Yikes. That's not saying a whole hell of a lot about their opinion of Stanton.

bearsfan_51
08-03-2007, 03:17 PM
- Devin Hester has been the star of camp so far, and the team is suprised by how quickly he's picking up the packages they've put in place for him.

- Kyle Orton is seriously challenging Brian Griese for the #2 QB spot. He's gotten married, stopped drinking, and is apparently gaining consideration to be the starting QB if the Grossman experience doesn't work out this year and the market is dry.

- Speaking of Grossman, now that he knows the playbook, our new QB coach Pep Hamilton is working on his fundamentals so that he doesn't throw off his back-foot so much and will tuck and run when there is nothing there instead of chucking it up to nobody.

- Garrett Wolfe and Dan Bazuin have been dinged up all camp. When Bazuin is healthy he has reportedly been looking very lost and slow. Hopefully it's just rookie growth spurts.

- Alex Brown is still pissed that he got benched, but there's really nothing he can or will do about it. Had Bazuin come on strong the team likely would have pushed harder to trade him, but feel like they need him as the 3rd DE at this point.

- Cedric Benson is still insane.

- Adam Archuleta is looking very comfortable at SS, one reason the team was willing to trade Chris Harris.

bearsfan_51
08-03-2007, 03:21 PM
Btw, maybe it's just me but I'm more interested in the details of positional battles than "so and so looks good", just because you can only take that with a grain of salt. The real proof is in the pudding, and that's in looking at who is actually getting consideration to start.

yourfavestoner
08-03-2007, 03:33 PM
The Jaguars wide receiver battle is turning out pretty interestingly...
Reggie Williams apparently has finally figured out how to use his body to block out defenders.
Matt Jones has been demoted to working out with the second and third teams, because he's lazy and a *****.
Mike Walker has been the standout player at the position. I've said it all offseason, and I'll say it again, he WILL be the number one receiver for this team, sooner rather than later.
Dennis Northcutt hasn't show any of the drop problems that Browns fans have said plagued him. He's working out of the slot, and apparently he and Leftwich have developed a very nice chemistry.
Wilford has been solid, yet unspectacular.

Vikes99ej
08-03-2007, 03:36 PM
My training camp notes:

- Tarvaris Jackson sucks.

Shiver
08-03-2007, 03:57 PM
Chris Houston and Jamaal Anderson have already moved into the 1st team defense. Expect a rough transition, with improving play as the season progresses, like Houston did.

Demorrio Williams' recovery from his injury is outstanding. At first people wondered if he could make it back for the season and he has been practicing from day-1.

Don't be surprised to see DJ Shockley if the Joey Harrington experiment doesn't work.

Mike Zimmer is working extra hard on Jimmy Williams. His transition to FS, the weakness of the entire '06 team, is crucial to the success of the defense.

Joey Harrington has never had a decent supporting cast. If he ever turns it around and becomes a solid NFL QB, this is his best and last opportunity.

no love
08-03-2007, 04:10 PM
49ers

Gore broke his hand ( out until last pre season game)
1st rd picks Willis and Staley been impressive, both chances to start
VD has been fiery and stirring up Offense vs Defense
Lelie has been surprisingly OK and should make team
Defense seems to have the better of Offense at present

VD has been an absolute beast in blocking and receiving. He spent the off-season working on routes with the WR coach and it apparently really shows, he is understanding how to find the open spots and come back for the ball.

They have been splitting him out wide to create most mismatches and it seems like the only guy with the athleticism to cover him is Manny Lawson.

TitleTown088
08-03-2007, 04:12 PM
-James Jones is looking great for the Packers. He is catching everything thrown his way. Some reporters have even gone as far to say he could challenge Greg Jennings as the number 2 receiver.
-Brandon Jackson is looking alright rushing the rock, but he's getting absolutely steam rolled in protection by Hawk and Barnett.
- Aaron Rodgers is looking really sharp so far( In Favres absence) and has came into camp in great shape.
- Hawk is looking great. Best player on the field for the Pack.
-Rouse is up and down. He's been making interceptions and causing fumbles, but getting burned in coverage the next play. Something the Packers absolutely need in their safeties, more big plays given up.

no love
08-03-2007, 04:14 PM
The Lions placed QB Drew Stanton on IR. They said his injury wasn't real serious, but with the emergence of J.T. O'Sullivan in camp they felt he wouldn't be needed to contribute this year.

JT O'Sullivan. The best thing to come from UC Davis since...ah **** it. Nothing good comes from UC Davis.

Pit Bull #53
08-03-2007, 06:24 PM
-Roydell Williams, from what I've read, seems to be running exclusively with the 1s. The receiver opposite him has been any mix of Courtney Roby, Eric Moulds, and Brandon Jones. Roby was the star early, but Moulds and BJones have responded. This one will probably take all preseason to figure out.

-CB is another position battle up for grabs. Nick Harper has been the most consistent, and he should start. Reynaldo Hill, Cortland Finnegan, Kelly Herndon, and Michael Griffin have all worked on the outside. Griffin has come on strong recently and could push for work with the 1s. Finnegan is likely to take return duties from Adam Jones. He's blazing fast, probably faster than Jones, but not as elusive (not many are).

-Randy Starks is running with the 2s behind Tony Brown, who was a great surprise last year off. Kyle Vanden Bosch has moved to RDE...Antwan Odom has been running at LDE with the 1s.

-MLB battle is between Stephen Tulloch and Ryan Fowler. Don't think either has separated themselves, they are just alternating reps with the 1s.

-FS battle seems to be between Calvin Lowry and LaMont Thompson. Lowry started out with the 1s, now Thompson is getting reps with them. Apparently he is doing decent, but I don't give a damn because I have 2.5 years worth of evidence that he sucks ass on Sundays.

-Bo Scaife is ahead of Ben Troupe when we use 1 TE sets.

-LenDale looks like the starter at RB with Chris Brown as the 2.

-Albert Haynesworth has already had his annual shouting match. Expect more to come.

That's all I got

Caddy
08-03-2007, 09:53 PM
if he keeps playing like this he will be our number 2 behind galloway, hes looking that good, hes still hella fast and hes making spectacular catches look easy

That is completely false. Boston will be the #4 WR at best with Clayton, Galloway and Stovall all ahead of him.

steelernation77
08-03-2007, 10:12 PM
Btw, maybe it's just me but I'm more interested in the details of positional battles than "so and so looks good", just because you can only take that with a grain of salt. The real proof is in the pudding, and that's in looking at who is actually getting consideration to start.

Well Woodley is starting at LOLB with Clark Haggans switching to ROLB for the Hall of Fame game because James Harrison is injured. Gary Russell should get a good amount of carries as the #2 RB with Najeh Davenport starting because Parker is out for the game.

doingthisinsteadofwork
08-04-2007, 12:19 AM
JT O'Sullivan. The best thing to come from UC Davis since...ah **** it. Nothing good comes from UC Davis.Ken O'Brien says hi.

PoopSandwich
08-04-2007, 02:12 PM
Everyone brace themselves for what I am about to say... Tim Carter has been impressing people... Yes the same Tim Carter that everyone said was the only possible way to get less than nothing in a deal.

Hopefully for our sake he ends up producing on Sunday's...

Splat
08-04-2007, 02:23 PM
Chiefs

On O

Michael Bennett - Getting most of the snaps with LJ holding out I have heard nothing but good things.

Brodie Croyle - Has out played Damon Huard in pretty much every way gets rid of the ball fast has a rocket arm and the players say he takes charge in the huddle which they love.

On D

Bernard Pollard - Night and day from last year has been a beast vs the run don't even think about going over the middle if you like having a head on your neck.

Donnie Edwards - He is still Donnie Edwards if you didn't know his age you would think he was 27 can still run and has took DJ under his wing which is huge for us.

Rookie watch

Turk McBride - DE/DT second round pick has looked good and the staff loves his heart and want to and he wants to be coached which is always a plus.

Kolby Smith - The Chiefs feel they got a steal in the 5th round he runs alot like Frank Gore is what every one keeps saying has good hands and can block all around player.

Dwayne Bowe - Is still holding out and fans are turning on him left and right.