PDA

View Full Version : Who wants it the most?

no love
08-03-2007, 03:19 AM
Who on your team wants it the most? Who is the most passionate player on your team ie. the heart and soul of the team?

For the 49ers it's Frank Gore. Ever since he has come to the 49ers he has been a huge part in changing the losing culture that was in the clubhouse. He gives it his all on every play and plays with reckless abandon.

Evidence from 49ers training camp reports...

"Running back Frank Gore has a broken finger in his right hand and is expected to be out of practice for at least a couple of weeks. However, he wasn't happy with the decision to be sidelined.

"I told him this is going to be a blessing in disguise," McCloughan said. "You don't need to take any shots in practice. We'll get you in the last preseason game and get you ready for Arizona. He started crying, 'I need to practice. I need to be part of the team.' You love him to death and he's sincere. It kills him to not be out there."

Sniper
08-03-2007, 03:40 AM
Who on your team wants it the most? Who is the most passionate player on your team ie. the heart and soul of the team?

For the 49ers it's Frank Gore. Ever since he has come to the 49ers he has been a huge part in changing the losing culture that was in the clubhouse. He gives it his all on every play and plays with reckless abandon.

Evidence from 49ers training camp reports...

"Running back Frank Gore has a broken finger in his right hand and is expected to be out of practice for at least a couple of weeks. However, he wasn't happy with the decision to be sidelined.

"I told him this is going to be a blessing in disguise," McCloughan said. "You don't need to take any shots in practice. We'll get you in the last preseason game and get you ready for Arizona. He started crying, 'I need to practice. I need to be part of the team.' You love him to death and he's sincere. It kills him to not be out there."

For the Philadelphia Eagles, I honestly can't think of anybody else besides Brian Dawkins. The guy is always full of passion, always ready to go and he's one guy you never have to worry about if he's bringing it that week. There's a reason Dawkins is so beloved in the city of Philly and respected around the league. He works his ass off and is easily the emotional and physical leader of this team.

BlindSite
08-03-2007, 03:40 AM
Steve Smith, its not often you see a guy with his passion and drive t succeed.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-03-2007, 04:17 AM
Ray Lewis is and always has been the most passionate Raven!

JagHombre22
08-03-2007, 04:21 AM
Either John Henderson or Mike Peterson...they are the monsters on defense and that's what the Jags are built on...without their passion I don't know who would step up...

Dam8610
08-03-2007, 04:44 AM
Tough decision between Peyton Manning and Bob Sanders. Both are the heart and soul of their respective unit, and both have an immeasurable impact when on the field. I'll just go with both.

duckseason
08-03-2007, 04:47 AM
Hmmm, tough call for the Cowboys. I guess I'd go with Marion Barber at this point. I mean, all I can base this off is what I see on TV. He just seems to have tremendous fire and an all out will to do what it takes to win. But I could say that about many players. He's just the first that popped in my head.

WMD
08-03-2007, 06:18 AM
For the Lions, I guess Jon Kitna is the Heart and Soul of the team.. Him and all 22 of his Interceptions..

I'd have to say Kevin Jones is probably the most intense, though.. He always seems to play hard and seems especially distraught every time he's taken out of the game with an injury.

Giantsfan1080
08-03-2007, 06:33 AM
Probably Jeremy Shockey for the Giants. He always plays hard and everyone says he's the emotion of the team.

PACKmanN
08-03-2007, 06:44 AM
For the packers its a toss up. Donald "duck" Driver or Aaron "AK74" Kampman. Driver really overachieves with the skill level he has. He not a big guy or really that fast of a guy, he just plays the game with heart and manges to get 1000+ yards a season. Kampman has came from no where into a superstar and when people see him play he gives it his all every single play/down.

Sniper
08-03-2007, 06:47 AM
Probably Jeremy Shockey for the Giants. He always plays hard and everyone says he's the emotion of the team.

Wanna trade tight ends? You can have LJ Smith and we get Shockey? :)

Pit Bull #53
08-03-2007, 07:59 AM
It would be easy for me to say Vince...

But it's without a doubt Kyle Vanden Bosch.

The Unseen
08-03-2007, 08:03 AM
Matt Jones.

...oh wait, you mean who wants it the most? Then I'd say Mike Peterson. He's a vocal leader of a great defense. He's similar to Ray Lewis in that regard.

Jughead10
08-03-2007, 08:16 AM

Or Antonio Pierce. He plays with a huge chip on his shoulder. But its hard to argue with Shockey. He once ate dirt off the field after losing the Junior College championship game because he said he wanted to remember what losing tasted like because he never wanted to taste it again.

PalmerToCJ
08-03-2007, 08:23 AM
For the Bengals we have 3 different types of guys.

Carson leads by example and taking control, always preaches winning. Willie Anderson is the blue collar guy that works his brains out and plays through injuries. Then you have Chad who works his ass off every single practice and wants to win, I mean the guy has cried after losses.

Hard for me to pinpoint one of them, shouldn't be any surprise that they're all offensive guys haha.

OzTitan
08-03-2007, 08:33 AM
I'm guessing the lack of a Titans' fan response so far is because this question goes without saying for us :)

EDIT: Oops didn't see the one above....yeah KVB comes a very close 2nd. Him and Bulluck.

Bills2083
08-03-2007, 09:21 AM
IMO, there are three for the Bills. On offense, I have to say Jason Peters. Being an UDFA a few years ago, he had to work his a-ss off to make this team. Now, he is one of the best Left Tackles in the game. Losman also comes to mind. He knows what all the critics are saying, and how at one point, everyone was looking at one little mistake and blowing it out of proportion. Now, he is the leader of our offense and ready to become an elite quarterback. He stays after practice and works on refining his technique.

Heres a quote by him...

"I want to establish myself as one of the better quarterbacks in this league and eventually one of the best in the history of this game," said Losman. "If I don't say it or believe it it won't happen."

amag
08-03-2007, 10:41 AM
i would say

probably alstott, pittman, brooks or barber

Addict
08-03-2007, 10:44 AM
passionate players who are lions... ehm... Roy Williams... Jon Kitna I guess.

Turtlepower
08-03-2007, 11:00 AM
Or Antonio Pierce. He plays with a huge chip on his shoulder. But its hard to argue with Shockey. He once ate dirt off the field after losing the Junior College championship game because he said he wanted to remember what losing tasted like because he never wanted to taste it again.

I love Pierce. Possibly one of the most underrated LBs in the NFL. Pierce is the vocal leader of our defense and Shockey of our offense.

Flyboy
08-03-2007, 11:03 AM
Heart and soul for the Saints.... oh man. It's a coin flip between Deuce & Brees.

no love
08-03-2007, 04:08 PM
Tough decision between Peyton Manning and Bob Sanders. Both are the heart and soul of their respective unit, and both have an immeasurable impact when on the field. I'll just go with both.

Yah that's a tough one. Probably no one prepares more than Peyton Manning. But I just love the way that Sanders plays the game, with reckless abandon. He is not the biggest guy, but he plays like he is the biggest guy on the field.

PoopSandwich
08-03-2007, 04:12 PM
Winslow, and there's no doubt in my mind about that... That's why hes my favorite.

ncstateviking
08-03-2007, 04:21 PM
vilma and pennington without question.

remix 6
08-03-2007, 04:29 PM
i would say Rodney Harrison. Hes been through injuries but hes not retiring. Hes back..hes vocal..physical. He gets fired up from the smallest things in training camp

a young guy on our team that i think wants it is Ellis Hobbs. a WR caught a 4 yard out on him in camp..a small play like that. he goes to the ground..punches it and yells. Comes back next play and knocks the ball down

last year..he got benched at 1 point since his wrist was effecting his play. Against Miami, he becomes from #2 to nickel..doesnt see the field that much. The first time he saw it..he got a 50 yard kickoff return...earned his spot back with his effort.

Hobbs has a lot of heart and passion..hes cocky but he plays big

"A lot of people get on me for my confidence and my swagger, but at one time, I didn't have those things, and you saw what happened--I GOT BEAT."
::Ellis Hobbs, Patriots CB #27::

TitleTown088
08-03-2007, 04:29 PM
Now? Easily Favre. In the future, Hawk.

Shiver
08-03-2007, 04:52 PM
Alge Crumpler and Keith Brooking.

cardsalltheway
08-03-2007, 04:56 PM
Peyton Manning without question

mqtirishfan
08-03-2007, 04:59 PM

Seconded. Favre is the obvious choice.

PACKmanN
08-03-2007, 05:06 PM

over driver and kampman?

Xenos
08-03-2007, 05:06 PM
Lots of people on the Chargers. LT and Merriman are the obvious ones. Special mention has to be given to Rivers. The guy loves football and hates messing up. Sometimes he takes it a little too far like throwing his helmet on the sideline after throwing a horrendous pass and incompletion in the second KC game.

LarryJohnson27
08-03-2007, 05:21 PM
For the Chiefs I'd have to say either Jared Allen, LJ, or Brian Waters.

luckyjackaubrey
08-03-2007, 05:23 PM
Pats are a hard team to grade on this criteria. Many good choices. I have to toss out a few that remix did not.

Ted Bruschi is one who gives great effort regardless of if it is practice #2 of an August day or a Superbowl, and the man is so family oriented and undergone so much with his health it is amazing he still operates under those morals.

Tom Brady is at the top of his profession and still works like a third stringer

Pierre Woods is the newest player to catch the bug and has been drawing rave reviews for his work ethic , effort and results in camp "07

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
08-03-2007, 05:24 PM
Tough to say for the Broncos. Two guys woulda been Al Wilson and Darrent Williams, but not anymore. John Lynch maybe?

Vikes99ej
08-03-2007, 05:24 PM
I'd say Antoine Winfield.

remix 6
08-03-2007, 05:28 PM
Pats are a hard team to grade on this criteria. Many good choices. I have to toss out a few that remix did not.

Ted Bruschi is one who gives great effort regardless of if it is practice #2 of an August day or a Superbowl, and the man is so family oriented and undergone so much with his health it is amazing he still operates under those morals.

Tom Brady is at the top of his profession and still works like a third stringer

Pierre Woods is the newest player to catch the bug and has been drawing rave reviews for his work ethic , effort and results in camp "07

i was thinking of going on. Patriots obviously have a ton. guys like Bruschi, Vrabel, Brown, Brady. Woods has certainly elevated his play and he mentioned before any camps that he wants to make a name for himself in the league and be recognized. the way Randy talked when he came here..he certainly sounded like he was very hungry and would do anything to win. we'll see how that goes.

a guy that doesnt seem to want it: Samuel. Cries over half a great season and wanting almost 10 mill per season. get out of here.

Welker seems like the Rudy type of guy with talent though. Hes the guy who goes to get it..he works hard. a lot of great guys here who want it and thats why they are part of the team. if u dont want it badly enough, your out of here.

mikehop05
08-03-2007, 05:43 PM
im gonna go with hines ward, maybe ben roe

TheChampIsHere
08-03-2007, 05:59 PM
Id have to say Warren Sapp, hes really stepped up as a leader for us

Man_Of_Steel
08-03-2007, 06:03 PM
Prob Mike Tomlin for the Steelers, they are only a year removed from the SB and he needs to prove himself.

TheChampIsHere
08-03-2007, 06:07 PM
a guy that doesnt seem to want it: Samuel. Cries over half a great season and wanting almost 10 mill per season. get out of here.

I think youre off-base about Samuel, he plays his ass off every play out there, and works his ass off off the field (ive noticed he seems to know opposing QBs and receivers incredibly well, no one is better at jumping routes and reading things like him, which to me means he does a lot of film study, and he flat out plays the game hard, hes not the most talented CB out there, not the fastest or biggest guy but hes one of the best, im a big fan of him and the way he plays the game.

The patriots have a reputation for not treating their vets well when it comes to contracts, and it has to do with their philosophy that everyone except Brady and Bellichick are replaceable. And this has proven true, but that doesnt change that these guys no they are great players and want to get paid market value. Guys like Branch and Ty Law, who are known as high character guys and team players fell into similar situations because they felt insulted by the way the Pats handled things. So Im not gonna make any negative assumptions about Assantes character based on this holdout. Clements got paid 80 mill, Assante wants in on that, he wanted the Pats to try to extend him but they didnt even make an effort so hes gonna want to move on and get paid because he know other teams will. Who can blame him?

remix 6
08-03-2007, 06:20 PM
I think youre off-base about Samuel, he plays his ass off every play out there, and works his ass off off the field (ive noticed he seems to know opposing QBs and receivers incredibly well, no one is better at jumping routes and reading things like him, which to me means he does a lot of film study, and he flat out plays the game hard, hes not the most talented CB out there, not the fastest or biggest guy but hes one of the best, im a big fan of him and the way he plays the game.

The patriots have a reputation for not treating their vets well when it comes to contracts, and it has to do with their philosophy that everyone except Brady and Bellichick are replaceable. And this has proven true, but that doesnt change that these guys no they are great players and want to get paid market value. Guys like Branch and Ty Law, who are known as high character guys and team players fell into similar situations because they felt insulted by the way the Pats handled things. So Im not gonna make any negative assumptions about Assantes character based on this holdout. Clements got paid 80 mill, Assante wants in on that, he wanted the Pats to try to extend him but they didnt even make an effort so hes gonna want to move on and get paid because he know other teams will. Who can blame him?

Samuel played his ass out last year..thats it. last years training camp, he was demoted to nickel while Wilson-Hobbs were starters. He didnt become the #1 guy until Hobbs got hurt and he took over the left side. i love Samuel..i really do but the "get paid" tattoo..holding out.. if u really love this game..and if u really "want it"..then the only way to get it is shutup and play.

how are we not treating him right? would u pay nearly 10 mill for a guy who only dominated 9 games of the season? if he can do what he did last year again..then ****. hes as good as ur gonna get imo. but thats not proven. lets see if hes consistent..lets see if he got lucky or not. u dont demand top money after 9 great games. hes always been very good in playoffs while he had his pick 6 streak but during regular season before last year..he wasnt that great. we franchised..hes getting $7.9 or something like that...but he wants Nate Clements money. Nate didnt even deserve it..i think the only CBs that deserve 10 mill per year are Champ Bailey and if u asked me 5 years or so ago..i would say Ty Law. IF Asante can play the way he did again..i would say yeah pay him. Even if we overpay him now..i guess i'll be fine but he needs to get his ass in camp and play if he reallys wants it

and what do u mean Patriots didnt wanna pay him?
we offered him quiet a lot of money. He wants 30 million guranteed..were only offering half of that guranteed with still 7.5-8 mill per year. i think Patriots FO thinks like me..dont gurantee that much when he hasnt proven he can do it more than half a year. if he can..great..pay him but if he cant..then that $30million is wasted

look at the contracts Vasher and Tillman got. He wants way more when Vasher had a load of INTs 2 years ago and Tillman has been consistently good.

08-03-2007, 06:36 PM
For us I guess I would say Terrell Owens. IDK we really don't have firery guys.

keylime_5
08-03-2007, 06:36 PM
Kellen Winslow, duh. By really far.

Looks like for a lot of teams it's a Miami guy.

PoopSandwich
08-03-2007, 06:42 PM
Kellen Winslow, duh. By really far.

Looks like for a lot of teams it's a Miami guy.

Yep, like I said hands down it's Winslow... Followed by Frye I would say, Frye takes a hell of a beating and has a hell of a drive.

Ward
08-03-2007, 06:46 PM
For us I guess I would say Terrell Owens. IDK we really don't have firery guys.

I thought the same thing myself. We don't really have fiery players. We have driven guys, but none that run around and scream and shout.

PoopSandwich
08-03-2007, 06:52 PM
I thought the same thing myself. We don't really have fiery players. We have driven guys, but none that run around and scream and shout.

Ware seems like he wants it really bad if leading by example counts.

duckseason
08-03-2007, 06:57 PM

Maybe DeMarcus will break out of his shell and start mimicking the ultimate warrior after each sack. Or maybe he can start shooting air jumpers so that everybody will know that he is, in fact, a baller.

Go_Eagles77
08-03-2007, 06:57 PM
The eagles have to be right up there with organizations that want it the most, but Dawkins and McNabb are the players for the eagles.

no love
08-03-2007, 07:00 PM

I don't think they have to be rah rah type leaders. My original example was Frank Gore, who is not the most outspoken of leaders on the team.

Manny Lawson and Patrick Willis are also examples of guys who really want to get better. Both stay extra long at practice to practice covering the second string WR's. Manny was also a guy who was at the 49ers facility EVERYDAY in the offseason trying to get bigger. He even had to be kicked out of the complex when they were doing work on the weight room.

Jonathan_VIlma
08-03-2007, 07:05 PM
Pennington, Vilma and Ellis. Pennington played with a torn rotator cuff the second half of 04 after the Bills game. Vilma is the vocal leader on the defense, and Ellis was so drained during the 04 playoff game vs. the Steelers I think they said he got an IV during an offensive series and missed 2-3 plays.

Kerry Rhodes is slowly turning into another defensive leader.

Redskins4Bowl26
08-03-2007, 07:14 PM
Clinton Portis, has to be. He gives his all every play and works hard. The coaches talk about it all the time.

A guy anme Ade Jimoh/Cornerback on our team plays with an amazing amount of passion. He will never be a starter but his passion is amazing.

bearsfan_51
08-03-2007, 07:20 PM
Probably the offensive line because they are veteran unit and only one of them (Fred Miller) has won a Superbowl. Urlacher and Mike Brown are up there too.

Flyboy
08-03-2007, 08:26 PM
Maybe DeMarcus will break out of his shell and start mimicking the ultimate warrior after each sack. Or maybe he can start shooting air jumpers so that everybody will know that he is, in fact, a baller.

I don't know why I laughed so hard this but I did.

Aftermath
08-03-2007, 10:57 PM
Carson wants its real bad and is very frustrated if he loses.

Chad sometimes cries when we lose.

So its one of them 2.

TitleTown088
08-03-2007, 11:51 PM
over driver and kampman?

Uhh.... ya.... He's the most passionate player in the league http://www.squibkick.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/brett-favre-mouth-open.bmp

Dam8610
08-04-2007, 12:31 AM
a young guy on our team that i think wants it is Ellis Hobbs. a WR caught a 4 yard out on him in camp..a small play like that. he goes to the ground..punches it and yells. Comes back next play and knocks the ball down

The Pats know how big a 4 yard pass can be. Bob Sanders sniffing out Troy Brown's 4 yard curl on 3rd and 3 is one of the biggest reasons the Colts are World Champions right now.

Peyton Manning without question

Seriously? No consideration even to Sanders?

JETS5128
08-04-2007, 12:35 AM
vilma and pennington without question.

yup, agreed

kalbears13
08-04-2007, 01:00 AM
Carson wants its real bad and is very frustrated if he loses.

Chad sometimes cries when we lose.

So its one of them 2.

or when he gets hit by Brian Russell :P

cardsalltheway
08-04-2007, 12:08 PM
Seriously? No consideration even to Sanders?

Bob is definitely a fiery player who gives it his all, but I don't think any player in the league tops Peyton's work ethic and desire to win.