PDA

View Full Version : Drew Stanton out for the season

Aard
08-03-2007, 01:01 PM
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070803/BLOG21/70803025/1049/SPORTS01

It's official: Drew Stanton will spend the 2007 season on IR.

Maybe Kitna can take 100% of the snaps again this year. Yeah...maybe.

At least we'll get a look at Dan Orlovsky if Kitna falters or needs a breather sometime this year. I've been waiting patiently for him to show us something in the regular season.

Turtlepower
08-03-2007, 01:09 PM
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070803/BLOG21/70803025/1049/SPORTS01

It's official: Drew Stanton will spend the 2007 season on IR.

Maybe Kitna can take 100% of the snaps again this year. Yeah...maybe.

At least we'll get a look at Dan Orlovsky if Kitna falters or needs a breather sometime this year. I've been waiting patiently for him to show us something in the regular season.

I think this leads to a better chance that the Lions don't take a QB in the first round next year. If they do, they will literally have two rookie QBs on their roster. A first and a second round pick.

WMD
08-03-2007, 03:41 PM
We shouldn't have picked him..

'cuse-213
08-03-2007, 03:43 PM
wow, tough break.

P-L
08-03-2007, 08:45 PM
The injury wasn’t serious, but the timing was terrible. It meant Stanton would miss training camp, a critical time in his development. Stanton might be ready physically for the regular season, but he won’t have had the practice he would need to be ready to play.

It's pretty much a precautionary placement, if that makes sense.

We shouldn't have picked him..

We could've had LaMarr Woodley, David Harris, or Eric Wright instead...

bearsfan_51
08-03-2007, 09:00 PM
David Harris really doesn't fit the cover 2. Or Woodley for that matter.

P-L
08-03-2007, 09:08 PM
David Harris really doesn't fit the cover 2. Or Woodley for that matter.

While I agree on David Harris (I mainly put him up there because he was my favorite Michigan player last year and he'd likely be better than Paris Lenon), most thought that in a 4-3, LaMarr Woodley would fit best in the Cover 2. I don't think that Pittsburgh would've drafted Woodley as high as they did if they didn't feel he could fit in the Cover 2, which I believe they will start implementing in 2008.

bearsfan_51
08-03-2007, 09:11 PM
While I agree on David Harris (I mainly put him up there because he was my favorite Michigan player last year and he'd likely be better than Paris Lenon), most thought that in a 4-3, LaMarr Woodley would fit best in the Cover 2. I don't think that Pittsburgh would've drafted Woodley as high as they did if they didn't feel he could fit in the Cover 2, which I believe they will start implementing in 2008.
Meh..yeah I suppose that is correct. I wasn't a huge Woodley fan coming out in general, but I think his best fit is with the Steelers as a 3-4 hybrid. He wouldn't have been a bad pick for the Lions, but probably not much of an upgrade over Kalimba Edwards. I agreed with the QB pick at the time, Stanton obviously looks poor in retrospect but what are you gonna do.

BigDawg819
08-03-2007, 10:55 PM
This move really disheartens me because I was excited to see what Stanton could do in camp. Well at least he can focus on rehab and learning the offense to be able to better compete next season. Tough break for him though........

Addict
08-10-2007, 07:54 AM
we traded down to get him, we could've chosen Poz instead as well.

We have got to pick Calais Campbell OR a LB next year, QB is not an option.