PDA

View Full Version : Top 11 Tainted Sports Achievements

Paul
08-03-2007, 11:27 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/7042832

Just alittle preview
Michael Strahan's NFL sack record

The New York Giants defensive end was running out of time to break Mark Gastineau's 17-year-old record of 22 sacks in a season. Strahan was stuck on 21-1/2.

With just 2:42 left in the fourth quarter of Strahan's final game of the 2001 regular season, the Green Bay Packers led the Giants 34-25. Packers quarterback Brett Favre called a running play, then tried a "naked bootleg" play by rolling out to Strahan's side without a blocker.

When confronted by Strahan, Favre flopped and gave up the record sack uncontested. Since Favre had joked about Strahan's record quest before the game suggesting a side deal between the two could be arranged the achievement appeared dubious.

"I just react to what happens," Strahan said after the game. "He was booting out on the same play earlier and I missed him, as far as containing and keeping him in the pocket. This time he went down and I hopped on him. What am I supposed to do? Get up and say, 'Brett! Why didn't you throw it?'"

Further diminishing Strahan's "record" is Deacon Jones' unofficial mark of 26 sacks earned before the NFL kept such statistics......
more

Turtlepower
08-04-2007, 02:42 AM
That is utter BS. If you ever watch the replay, Favre is just protecting himself by not taking the full extent of the hit. He has not played in so many consecutive games by taking straight on hits from defenders. And people also fail to realize that even without that sack, 21.5 sacks in one season is pretty impressive. This is probably the dumbest article ever just for that one story. I know that I'm being very homerish, but would it have been better if he intentionally ground the ball, so that Strahan didn't get the sack. Would that make people happier?

Here's a quote from Strahan after the game: "This time he went down and I hopped on him. What am I supposed to do? Get up and say, 'Brett! Why didn't you throw it?"

Man_Of_Steel
08-04-2007, 03:06 AM
That is utter BS. If you ever watch the replay, Favre is just protecting himself by not taking the full extent of the hit. He has not played in so many consecutive games by taking straight on hits from defenders. And people also fail to realize that even without that sack, 21.5 sacks in one season is pretty impressive. This is probably the dumbest article ever just for that one story. I know that I'm being very homerish, but would it have been better if he intentionally ground the ball, so that Strahan didn't get the sack. Would that make people happier?

Here's a quote from Strahan after the game: "This time he went down and I hopped on him. What am I supposed to do? Get up and say, 'Brett! Why didn't you throw it?"

I disagree, Farve gave Strahan that record. I like Strahan and hate gastineau but Farve completly gave Strahan that record.

Ward
08-04-2007, 03:21 AM
It's Deacon Jones' record regardless.

duckseason
08-04-2007, 06:06 AM
Anybody who thinks that sack was legitimate isn't looking at it from an objective or accurate point of view. Somebody please show me a tape where Favre ever went down that easy at any point in his career. The two players even exchanged words before that very play. And when do you ever see teams that are leading by 9 with 2 minutes left go to the air?

And take a look at these quotes-

"That was classy of Brett to do that," veteran Giants offensive tackle Lomas Brown said, referring to what he perceived as Favre's generosity on the play.

"That was called as a running play," Franks said. "I don't know if it was a bad snap or what. I was run blocking. I didn't know it was a pass."

princefielder28
08-04-2007, 08:28 AM
I disagree, Farve gave Strahan that record. I like Strahan and hate gastineau but Farve completly gave Strahan that record.

Strahan didn't earn a sack; it was given to him

SubNoize
08-04-2007, 11:38 AM
did he really mention Lance Armstrong's 7 straight as tainted because the french hate him? seriously, the guy never tested positive for anything and he's "tainted." what a douche.

Also Favre totally layed down for that and everybody was pissed afterwards, including game announcers.

PoopSandwich
08-04-2007, 11:53 AM
did he really mention Lance Armstrong's 7 straight as tainted because the french hate him? seriously, the guy never tested positive for anything and he's "tainted." what a douche.

Also Favre totally layed down for that and everybody was pissed afterwards, including game announcers.

Barry Bonds never tested positive...

TitleTown088
08-04-2007, 12:24 PM
His gigantic cranium did.

Turtlepower
08-04-2007, 12:41 PM
I need more Giants homers to post. Sometimes I miss GRF...

neko4
08-04-2007, 12:53 PM

I agree about Armstrong, its really unfair to him that he's been accused of something he never did

cardsalltheway
08-04-2007, 01:28 PM

But there's plenty of circumstansial evidence. He's grown more at the end of his career than the normal human grows during puberty, that's not normal and something is obviously going on to cause that to happen.

SubNoize
08-04-2007, 01:32 PM

but has admitted to "accidental" use in grand jury testimony...

HoopsDemon12
08-04-2007, 01:40 PM
personally Nykesha Sales record would be the most... i dont know.. i just wouldnt want it that way

draftguru151
08-04-2007, 01:50 PM
personally Nykesha Sales record would be the most... i dont know.. i just wouldnt want it that way

She deserved it though, she would have beaten the record by a good amount, but she got hurt one basket short, I think it was ok.

Billingsley26
08-04-2007, 02:11 PM
I need more Giants homers to post. Sometimes I miss GRF...

I am here to help out.

I dont hold anything against Barry Bonds. What he did was PERFECTLY FINE when he did it. He has never tested positive under the new drug testing system that has been brought out. Sure maybe taking steriods was not morally correct but it wasnt AGAINST THE RULES FOR MLB. I personally think that the HR he hit were PERFECTLY FINE. His records should stand. That is the point that no one is getting. It wasnt illegal at the time he took it. Hes on his way to be the HR King in my books.

Turtlepower
08-04-2007, 02:14 PM
I am here to help out.

I dont hold anything against Barry Bonds. What he did was PERFECTLY FINE when he did it. He has never tested positive under the new drug testing system that has been brought out. Sure maybe taking steriods was not morally correct but it wasnt AGAINST THE RULES FOR MLB. I personally think that the HR he hit were PERFECTLY FINE. His records should stand. That is the point that no one is getting. It wasnt illegal at the time he took it. Hes on his way to be the HR King in my books.

I meant New York Giants fans... dammit.

HoopsDemon12
08-04-2007, 02:18 PM
She deserved it though, she would have beaten the record by a good amount, but she got hurt one basket short, I think it was ok.

she did deserve it but i mean... i wouldnt have been able to do it i dont thin... but thats just me

PoopSandwich
08-04-2007, 02:28 PM
but has admitted to "accidental" use in grand jury testimony...

I still will always think that Armstrong took something... Call me a hater, I have no proof so I'm not going to rip Armstrong or say I know he cheated, it's just a gut feeling, mixed with people by him who said he cheated.

SubNoize
08-04-2007, 02:33 PM
I still will always think that Armstrong took something... Call me a hater, I have no proof so I'm not going to rip Armstrong or say I know he cheated, it's just a gut feeling, mixed with people by him who said he cheated.

by people "by him" do you mean the jealous french people who hated more than anything the fact that he was american and then slandered him by accusing him of steroids or doping? You are being a hater, what he did was amazing, the only thing that set him apart from other riders was the fact that he had 1 testicle, which could have made him more aerodynamic. Other than that, Lance did that all his own.

SuperMcGee
08-04-2007, 03:02 PM
Dallas' 99 Stanley Cup. Bah.

SubNoize
08-04-2007, 03:07 PM
2001 Patriots superbowl, should have been the Raiders or Steelers in the SB. IT WAS A FUMBLE!

diabsoule
08-04-2007, 03:15 PM
2001 Patriots superbowl, should have been the Raiders or Steelers in the SB. IT WAS A FUMBLE!

Have to agree. That was definitely a fumble. The Tuck Rule is b.s.

I also agree with the Strahan sack record and the Bonds scandal. If I was Hank Aaron I wouldn't show up at any of his games either.

Shiver
08-04-2007, 05:13 PM

The circumstantial evidence in Armstrong's case is just as bad as Barry Bonds'. He dominated a sport that has rampant steroid use. The odds of him keeping up with all the other cheaters, inherently, is to level the playing field. Not to mention all of the witnesses who attest to his use, like his former masseuse, fellow teammates, his personal assistant who found Androstenine in his Apartment, a physician whom Armstrong allegedly confided in. There is a major cloud around Armstrong, no doubt about it. I am highly skeptical of the achievements that he, Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens have had.

Paul
08-05-2007, 12:36 PM
Dallas' 99 Stanley Cup. Bah.

LOL, I remember that goal like it was yesterday. I'm not even a hockey fan but I was caught up in the hype during that series, watched every second of it. Brett Hull is the man :).

With this and the Superbowl losses, I don't see how any person from buffalo could ever stand a somebody from Dallas :).

PoopSandwich
08-05-2007, 01:25 PM
by people "by him" do you mean the jealous french people who hated more than anything the fact that he was american and then slandered him by accusing him of steroids or doping? You are being a hater, what he did was amazing, the only thing that set him apart from other riders was the fact that he had 1 testicle, which could have made him more aerodynamic. Other than that, Lance did that all his own.

Yes, and Barry Bonds never took anything, neither did Sosa or anyone in any sport who hasn't tested positive, because I am sure there are NO WAYS to cheat the system.

Sorry for having an opinion, I am willing to believe he cheated, sorry... Like I said, I'm not going to just come out and say "Armstrong cheated he didn't deserve those wins." I just say, I believe Armstrong took something, but I don't know.

Green Bay Scat
08-05-2007, 04:41 PM
Yes, and Barry Bonds never took anything, neither did Sosa or anyone in any sport who hasn't tested positive, because I am sure there are NO WAYS to cheat the system.

Sorry for having an opinion, I am willing to believe he cheated, sorry... Like I said, I'm not going to just come out and say "Armstrong cheated he didn't deserve those wins." I just say, I believe Armstrong took something, but I don't know.

Sosa take something maybe not....now a corked bat, who knows how long thats been?

PoopSandwich
08-05-2007, 04:50 PM
Sosa take something maybe not....now a corked bat, who knows how long thats been?

I meant theres no doubt he took something back then, but he never tested positive, and randomly forgot how to speak English in front of congress?

JCutlery
08-05-2007, 05:01 PM
What he did was PERFECTLY FINE when he did it.

Cheating is perfectly fine? Well, how come Pete Rose isn't in the hall? How come Tim Donaghy is in big trouble?

Green Bay Scat
08-05-2007, 05:04 PM
Cheating is perfectly fine? Well, how come Pete Rose isn't in the hall? How come Tim Donaghy is in big trouble?

dont forget the Hulk, if he didnt take those performence enhancers he could be the best Lineman of ALL TIME, but sadly he got caught. HULK SMASH!

Boston
08-05-2007, 05:06 PM
Haha. The Cowboys fan previews a tainted Giants record. Classy.

Green Bay Scat
08-05-2007, 05:11 PM

i dont get it....

Paul
08-05-2007, 05:35 PM

I try:rolleyes:.

It is a NFL forum, so I previewed one that had to do with the...*shock* NFL. It had little to do with the story being about a player on a rival team, as much as you want it to be. Should I have instead previewed the Marion Jones track story or the Richard Petty thing? I would of quoted the whole article, but that is against the rules here, so tough cookies. But nice try on attempting to make me come off as bias. Classy.

sweetness34
08-05-2007, 07:53 PM
Illinois losing to UNC in the National Championship, not really a record persay but it's tainted. ;)

I think May got away with legalized assault on Augustine in that game....

GB12
08-05-2007, 08:26 PM
Anyone who says Favre didn't give Strahan the sack is either blind or dumb.

cardsalltheway
08-05-2007, 09:37 PM
Illinois losing to UNC in the National Championship, not really a record persay but it's tainted. ;)

I think May got away with legalized assault on Augustine in that game....

Amen to that. That was one of the very few occasions that I've cheered for Illinois in a game.

Shiver
08-05-2007, 10:41 PM
I think all of Roger Clemens accomplishments should have the suspicion Bonds' accomplishments have gone under. Like Bonds, he grew to bigger proportions late in his career, saw a late career power surge and had career seasons at the age of 42-44.

yo123
08-06-2007, 12:10 AM
I am here to help out.

yes, it was illegal at the time he took it. It was illegal in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. IT WAS A LAW. So give me a break with that crap. Im sick of that argument.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
08-06-2007, 12:28 AM
yes, it was illegal at the time he took it. It was illegal in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. IT WAS A LAW. So give me a break with that crap. Im sick of that argument.

Well then they should cut out the entire steroid era in baseball and nullify everything if they do it to Bonds. I can guarantee you, without a testing program, there had to be an extremely large amount of dopers. It's like when you're writing a test, you are stuck on an answer, and the teacher leaves the room to get coffee. You're going to find out that answer. What he did was wrong, but there's no reason to condemn him without condemning practically everyone from the '90s.

yo123
08-06-2007, 12:33 AM
I never said it was only him, and I am not accusing him. Im saying if he or anyone else used steroids, the records should be taken away because it was against the law to use steroids, and it doesnt make a difference whether it was in the MLB rule book or not.

edit i can see where it looked like im accusing him. Bad choice of words.

P-L
08-06-2007, 12:33 AM
I am here to help out.

Steroids have been illegal in baseball since 1991...

08-06-2007, 12:39 AM
I never said it was only him, and I am not accusing him. Im saying if he or anyone else used steroids, the records should be taken away because it was against the law to use steroids, and it doesnt make a difference whether it was in the MLB rule book or not.

edit i can see where it looked like im accusing him. Bad choice of words.

No, I'm sorry. My statement was more directed at the entire "burn Barry" movement, not you. I just quoted your's since it was the last steroid post I saw.

Cashmoney
08-06-2007, 12:48 AM
what would you guys do if you caught the record breaking ball? i saw one guy say that he would put a big asterisk on the ball with a sharpie and then give the ball to barry bonds.

yo123
08-06-2007, 12:50 AM
what would you guys do if you caught the record breaking ball? i saw one guy say that he would put a big asterisk on the ball with a sharpie and then give the ball to barry bonds.

I would do what everyone else in their right mind would do. Sell it.

08-06-2007, 12:51 AM
I'd keep it.

Cashmoney
08-06-2007, 01:04 AM
i would have to call for all the security i could as soon as i caught the ball.

Billingsley26
08-06-2007, 09:36 PM
Steroids have been illegal in baseball since 1991...

OK well so was corked bats and they found how many since 1991? Exactly. It was illiegal but they never did any testing for it. Thus you could take what you want, when you want and do it without any troubles.

iowatreat54
08-06-2007, 09:50 PM

I would sell to the highest bidder...the very last thing I would do is give the ball back to barry bonds, even if he offered me the most money

and also, I lost all respect for Favre after that play, regardless of anything he has ever done...I just couldn't believe he did that

P-L
08-06-2007, 09:56 PM
OK well so was corked bats and they found how many since 1991? Exactly. It was illiegal but they never did any testing for it. Thus you could take what you want, when you want and do it without any troubles.

That is absurd. Just because MLB's testing policy was a joke in the 1990's, doesn't make it perfectly alright.

Billingsley26
08-06-2007, 10:00 PM
That is absurd. Just because MLB's testing policy was a joke in the 1990's, doesn't make it perfectly alright.

Still the only reason people are on his d*** is because he is going to hit 756 shortly. Why isnt any calling on Neifi Perez who tested positive 3, THREE times. Geez, lay off the man. Im surprised no one is questions ARod yet. Maybe its because he isnt THAT close to 756 yet. Im gonna give it 2-3 years before people start questioning him.

GB12
08-06-2007, 10:04 PM
Still the only reason people are on his d*** is because he is going to hit 756 shortly. Why isnt any calling on Neifi Perez who tested positive 3, THREE times. Geez, lay off the man.

You kind of answered your own question. No one cares about Perez because he sucks. Bonds is about to break the biggest record in sports.

yo123
08-06-2007, 10:12 PM
Still the only reason people are on his d*** is because he is going to hit 756 shortly. Why isnt any calling on Neifi Perez who tested positive 3, THREE times. Geez, lay off the man. Im surprised no one is questions ARod yet. Maybe its because he isnt THAT close to 756 yet. Im gonna give it 2-3 years before people start questioning him.

Because Neifi Perez has hit about 4 home runs in the major leagues. Sure, that might be 4 more than he would without steroids, but Bonds is on a much grander scale. I dont get how people can compare the two. And do you pay attention to baseball? Havent you heard all of the evidence against Barry Bonds? Dont act like theres no reason to believe he took anything. Thats just incredibly naiive.

Billingsley26
08-06-2007, 10:23 PM
Because Neifi Perez has hit about 4 home runs in the major leagues. Sure, that might be 4 more than he would without steroids, but Bonds is on a much grander scale. I dont get how people can compare the two. And do you pay attention to baseball? Havent you heard all of the evidence against Barry Bonds? Dont act like theres no reason to believe he took anything. Thats just incredibly naiive.

I know he took things, as he admitted it. But what I dont uderstand is that Bud Selig should be taking this hear. Ok he admitted to taking it when there was no testing. Now since being tested, he has never tested positive. At least give credit where it is due. Mcgwire admitted to taking HGH (i think or Andro) and everyones like "Oh, its ok Mark, you admitted it", well hes no different than Bonds.

GB12
08-06-2007, 10:24 PM
I know he took things, as he admitted it. But what I dont uderstand is that Bud Selig should be taking this hear. Ok he admitted to taking it when there was no testing. Now since being tested, he has never tested positive. At least give credit where it is due. Mcgwire admitted to taking HGH (i think or Andro) and everyones like "Oh, its ok Mark, you admitted it", well hes no different than Bonds.

No one's saying it's ok for McGwire. He did get into the HOF because of it.

Billingsley26
08-06-2007, 10:27 PM
No one's saying it's ok for McGwire. He did get into the HOF because of it.

People were saying cut him slack since he admitted it, but still people wont do the same for Bonds. I dont care, Baseball is so tainted it doesnt even matter. I hope Bonds does it.

slightlyaraiderfan
08-06-2007, 10:29 PM
McGwire never admitted to HGH. When the Supreme Court asked him if he took anything, he said no comment...which is weak, and he gets a bad rap for that. That's why he won't be voted into the Hall in his first year of eligibilaty, or atleast thats what all the voters seem to be leaning to. McGwire isn't getting a pass here, don't kid yourself.

swordman
08-07-2007, 08:34 AM
The circumstantial evidence in Armstrong's case is just as bad as Barry Bonds'. He dominated a sport that has rampant steroid use. The odds of him keeping up with all the other cheaters, inherently, is to level the playing field. Not to mention all of the witnesses who attest to his use, like his former masseuse, fellow teammates, his personal assistant who found Androstenine in his Apartment, a physician whom Armstrong allegedly confided in. There is a major cloud around Armstrong, no doubt about it. I am highly skeptical of the achievements that he, Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens have had.

To come back on the amstrong issue...

I am french so each year it is IMPOSSIBLE not to follow the tour de france (even more since they pass in front of my house every year because i live at the bottom of a legendary mountain where they go each year).

First it is OBVIOUS that he took something guys from his team got caught saying it come from the team doctor, they found some in his hotel room, his masseuse said it was him... IT IS SO OBVIOUS...

Now you are going to say that he never got caught, well I'd like to thank the guy who said "neither did barry" because that is exactly it. You have to know that you don't have to dope every day in cycle or even during the tour you just have to arrive at a physical peak and some team just make sure artificially that athletes do. To back that argument I'd like to point this year's tour where the yellow jersey (rasmussen) got banned from his own team. Why? because he forgot to tell the international fed where he was training during the offseason so he couldn't be tested during the offseason. Further allegations was that he (like most great guys ) are doping during the offfseason to arrive pumped up at the begining of the tour.

One more point is that in part because of the armstrong affair the Tour changed its testing policy to more effective ways and when allegation concerned armstrong he claimed loud and clear that he would come back to prove the french that he was for real but he never did because of these new drug-tests (it did not helped for long because now the runners just do blood transfusion with fresh blood,eurk how crappy is that?)

Another thing is that the guy came back from cancer how can you back from cancer and win six straight times of the most physically hard competition? It does not mean much but it adds up.

My humble opinion is that Armstrong was doped. But I also think that he was one the greatest runners ever because everyone is doped in cycling. It is so obvious! The guys are averaging on fifteen days (moutain included) speed that I can barely keep up for ten minutes on my bike. I mean come on! great runners that won the Tour before and after him confessed recently. I think it is obvious to everybody.

My take on Bonds is kinda the same. First who says that Aaron was not doped himself? (I have close to no knowledge in baseball so that might really be outrageous or stupid but i hope you get my point). And what would you have done if you were him? I mean a lot a players confessed saying it was common and the league never tested...Can you wipe out everything that was done before the testing?

Well that is how I see it

VY10
08-07-2007, 11:09 AM
Wow what is this guy? A European sympathizer? Lance Armstrong was no doubt the most tested athlete for drugs in the world and he never tested positive. The French and Europeans just **** pineapples because they can't stand the fact that Americans keep winning their race. 2 of Lance Armstrong's top competitors while he was racing were Ivan Basso and Ulrich. Both who recently tested positive to doping.

On his Strahan record he can shut up about that too.

*** To all you Armstrong haters. The guy is a physical freak.... as in on the verge of being a machine. The French tried as hard as they could to bust him and they couldn't while they were able to bust other European riders. He naturally produces less lactic acid and therefore doesn't feel the same "pain" that some of you do after riding your bike for 10 minutes. Read this article. It explains everything. His success is nothing but being perfectly gifted for his sport and years and years of hard work and training

http://www.ironmanmagazine.com/index.cfm?page=article&go2=1459

someone447
08-08-2007, 12:58 AM
Wow what is this guy? A European sympathizer? Lance Armstrong was no doubt the most tested athlete for drugs in the world and he never tested positive. The French and Europeans just **** pineapples because they can't stand the fact that Americans keep winning their race. 2 of Lance Armstrong's top competitors while he was racing were Ivan Basso and Ulrich. Both who recently tested positive to doping.

On his Strahan record he can shut up about that too.

*** To all you Armstrong haters. The guy is a physical freak.... as in on the verge of being a machine. The French tried as hard as they could to bust him and they couldn't while they were able to bust other European riders. He naturally produces less lactic acid and therefore doesn't feel the same "pain" that some of you do after riding your bike for 10 minutes. Read this article. It explains everything. His success is nothing but being perfectly gifted for his sport and years and years of hard work and training

http://www.ironmanmagazine.com/index.cfm?page=article&go2=1459

His resting heart rate is somewhere around 35 bpm, the average is 60-70 bpm, and his is HALF THAT.

Lance Armstrong was the most tested athlete in the world. He did test positive once, but had multiple people say he was given an incorrect prescription for something regarding his cancer. This was before he was competing after his cancer. His one failed test(which everyone has accepted was completely accidental, yes even the french.) he was tested more than any other cycler in the world, probably more than any athlete in the world. So either there was a world wide conspiracy to keep Lance Armstrong's performance enhancers use quiet, or he didn't do it.

Mr. Stiller
08-08-2007, 01:27 AM
His resting heart rate is somewhere around 35 bpm, the average is 60-70 bpm, and his is HALF THAT.

Lance Armstrong was the most tested athlete in the world. He did test positive once, but had multiple people say he was given an incorrect prescription for something regarding his cancer. This was before he was competing after his cancer. His one failed test(which everyone has accepted was completely accidental, yes even the french.) he was tested more than any other cycler in the world, probably more than any athlete in the world. So either there was a world wide conspiracy to keep Lance Armstrong's performance enhancers use quiet, or he didn't do it.

Anyone watch the episode of House where the biker gave himself an air embalyst. Turns out his doping scheme (Transfusions raising his blood count and hyperbarric chambers increasing the amount of oxygen retained in the blood)..

Sounds like it'd be hard to get busted doing that.

Boston
08-08-2007, 01:28 AM
Anyone watch the episode of House where the biker gave himself an air embalyst. Turns out his doping scheme (Transfusions raising his blood count and hyperbarric chambers increasing the amount of oxygen retained in the blood)..

Sounds like it'd be hard to get busted doing that.

Ha.....haha....

Billingsley26
08-08-2007, 10:44 AM
So there you have it. Bonds broke the record. Good for him. I dont mind Bonds having that record at all.

For anyone who wants to say "ya well he did steroids", dont count anything Shawn Merriman did previously because he was caught doing it too. You getting my ppoint.

someone447
08-08-2007, 02:07 PM
So there you have it. Bonds broke the record. Good for him. I dont mind Bonds having that record at all.

For anyone who wants to say "ya well he did steroids", dont count anything Shawn Merriman did previously because he was caught doing it too. You getting my ppoint.

Not a very good argument buddy, I don't think anyone who doesn't want bonds to have the record wants Merrimans stats to count before he got caught. If Merriman catches Reggie White there will be an uproar about him too.

Beans
08-08-2007, 02:27 PM
That's ******** that they put Petty on there. Like not cheating in one race (and in those days, it was an abundant thing, NASCAR was very lenient), would've stopped from holding the record. He still has a good 80 more wins then everyone else. Besides, NASCAR rarely ever takes wins away anyway.

Billingsley26
08-08-2007, 03:00 PM
Not a very good argument buddy, I don't think anyone who doesn't want bonds to have the record wants Merrimans stats to count before he got caught. If Merriman catches Reggie White there will be an uproar about him too.

What record of Reggie White's? It Bruce Smith who has the sck record.

someone447
08-08-2007, 06:33 PM
What record of Reggie White's? It Bruce Smith who has the sck record.

I stand corrected, I don't even remember him passing White. But that record doesn't even really matter because Deacon Jones has it.

Billingsley26
08-09-2007, 12:01 AM
I stand corrected, I don't even remember him passing White. But that record doesn't even really matter because Deacon Jones has it.

Ya I agree with Deacon Jones. He should have that record, but apparently they didnt feel the need to keep those stats back in the day.

yo123
08-09-2007, 12:04 AM
Actually, I can all but gurantee that Norm Willey would have the record. The man had 17 sacks in one game!