PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Coaching Staff

TACKLE
08-04-2007, 12:18 AM
If you could have any current coaches for your HC, OC and DC who would who want? You can choose a Coordinator who went on to be a HC ie.Norv Turner.

doingthisinsteadofwork
08-04-2007, 12:27 AM
Kiffin HC
Kiffin OC
Ryan DC

Auron
08-04-2007, 12:28 AM
Kind of a rough one cause it's late but I'll give it a crack.

Head Coach - Bill Belichick (New England)
Offensive Coordinator - Sean Payton (Saints)
Defensive Coordinator - Rex Ryan (Baltimore)

QBs Coach - Ken Zampese (Cincinnati)
O-line Coach - Howard Mudd (Indianapolis)
WRs Coach - Curtis Johnson (Saints)
Linebackers Coach - Mike Singletary (San Francisco)
Secondary Coach - Mike Tomlin (Pittsburgh)

RaiderNation
08-04-2007, 12:59 AM
Kiffin HC
Kiffin OC
Ryan DC

my dream. those 2 defencive minds 2gether plus the offencive style of the younger kiffin. amazing

Dam8610
08-04-2007, 01:02 AM
my dream. those 2 defencive minds 2gether plus the offencive style of the younger kiffin. amazing

They would completely clash. Kiffin and Ryan are from different schools of defensive thinking. I think he was being a homer and saying the Raiders coaching staff as is though.

PACKmanN
08-04-2007, 01:11 AM
Head Coach - Mike Holmgren
Offensive Coordinator - Andy Reid(PHI)
Defensive Coordinator - Rex Ryan (Baltimore) or Mike Nolan(49ers)

WRs Coach - ATL Offensive Coordinator guy who was Bengals WR coach
Linebackers Coach - Winston Moss(Packers)
Secondary Coach - The guy on the browns

Smokey Joe
08-04-2007, 01:27 AM
Ditka.......

BlindSite
08-04-2007, 01:54 AM
HC Reid
OC Jon Gruden
DC John Fox

Caddy
08-04-2007, 02:27 AM
HC Tony Dungy
OC Andy Reid
DC Monte Kiffin

elway777
08-04-2007, 02:31 AM
Kiffin HC
Kiffin OC
Ryan DC

haha
Kiffin was bad enough as a college Offensive coordinator.

1st down: short slant.
2nd down:quick bubble pass to the ELUSIVE Dwayne Jarrett.
3rd down: play action rollout, throw to tight end.

Turtlepower
08-04-2007, 02:50 AM
Head Coach: Bill Parcels
Offensive Coordinator: Sean Payton
Defensive Coordinator: Bill Belichick

You can't forget who made Belichick the coach that he is today. And I love Sean Payton's system in New Orleans. Reminds me of the Phoenix Suns in basketball. Every gets involved and he goes for fast, big plays.

bigbluedefense
08-04-2007, 02:01 PM

You can't forget who made Belichick the coach that he is today. And I love Sean Payton's system in New Orleans. Reminds me of the Phoenix Suns in basketball. Every gets involved and he goes for fast, big plays.

He's talking about current coaches. Parcells is retired at the moment, although I absolutely 100% agree with your assessment.

As for me

HC: Bill Bellicheck
OC: Ken Whisenhunt
DC: Eric Mangini

PalmerToCJ
08-04-2007, 02:12 PM
Kind of a rough one cause it's late but I'll give it a crack.

Head Coach - Bill Belichick (New England)
Offensive Coordinator - Sean Payton (Saints)
Defensive Coordinator - Rex Ryan (Baltimore)

WRs Coach - Curtis Johnson (Saints)
Linebackers Coach - Mike Singletary (San Francisco)
Secondary Coach - Mike Tomlin (Pittsburgh)

HC/OC/DC are exactly what I would want, perfect. I like all the assistants only at WR I would put Hue Jackson, current OC in Atlanta, former WR coach in Cincinnati.

amazingdonnie
08-04-2007, 03:18 PM
Head Coach: Bill Bellichick
Offensive Coordinator: Mike Martz
Defensive Coordinator: Lovie Smith

08-04-2007, 03:20 PM
Head Coach: Bill Bellichick
Offensive Coordinator: Mike Martz
Defensive Coordinator: Wade Phillips

amazingdonnie
08-04-2007, 03:20 PM

Parcels made Bellichick realize what not to do, in New York. They had a tense bitter relationship of Parcells jealousy and bitterness. If anyone trusted friend, Ernie Adams, and his father, made him into the coach he is.

diabsoule
08-04-2007, 03:22 PM
HC: Bill Belichick (Patriots)
DC: Dick LeBeau (Steelers)
OC: Sean Payton (Saints)

BigDawg819
08-04-2007, 04:07 PM
Head Coach: Brian Billick
Defensive Coordinator: Rex Ryan

Mr. Stiller
08-04-2007, 04:36 PM
HC: Bill Belicheck
DC: Dick LeBeau
OC: Sean Payton

QB: Norv Turner
WR: Curtis Johnson

DL: John Mitchell
LB: Keith Butler
DB: Mike Tomlin

mqtirishfan
08-04-2007, 04:43 PM
HC- Tony Dungy
OC- Sean Payton
DC- Mike Tomlin

BigDawg819
08-04-2007, 04:48 PM
mildly surprised no one's mentioned shanahan. actually i'm not. one great season clearly makes sean payton the best OC in the nfl.

I'm not really a fan of his, especially since he benched Plummer for Cutler. I know he wanted to get him playing time and experience but I felt it cost the team a playoff spot. That and I've never been a fan of his offense in Denver.

mqtirishfan
08-04-2007, 04:54 PM
mildly surprised no one's mentioned shanahan. actually i'm not. one great season clearly makes sean payton the best OC in the nfl.

Well, actually I would have considered Payton a year ago if asked this question, but obviously it doesn't matter if you're a great offensive mind as long as everybody should have chose Shanahan instead.

Mr. Stiller
08-04-2007, 04:54 PM

I know his offense is great with RB's.. I'm just not a fan of Fulltime ZBS.

SubNoize
08-04-2007, 04:59 PM
haha

yeah he was soo bad that he had them in contention for a BCS bowl game every year, damn that Kiffin.

duckseason
08-04-2007, 05:03 PM
I'm not really a fan of his, especially since he benched Plummer for Cutler. I know he wanted to get him playing time and experience but I felt it cost the team a playoff spot. That and I've never been a fan of his offense in Denver.

I thought bringing in Cutler was a solid move. It's got to be done at some point, and if the coaching staff thinks he's ready, then it's time to play. I think it was quite obvious that Plummer was incapable of leading the team to the promised land, and it seems Shanny thought so too. Sometimes coaches need to consider the big picture. And now the Broncos are in a much better position to make a run this year than they would have been if Cutler hadn't seen much time last year. It was a wise sacrifice/investment.

duckseason
08-04-2007, 05:07 PM
yeah he was soo bad that he had them in contention for a BCS bowl game every year, damn that Kiffin.

Not sure I'd give him a very big slice of that credit pie. Without Pete Carroll's mastery of the recruiting game, SC is just another team. SC could field a top 25 team with their 2nd stringers. I think Kiffin actually underachieved when you consider the level of talent he got to work with.

Splat
08-04-2007, 05:07 PM
Head Coach - Bill Belichick
Offensive Coordinator - Al Saunders
Defensive Coordinator - Dick LeBeau

BigDawg819
08-04-2007, 05:14 PM
I thought bringing in Cutler was a solid move. It's got to be done at some point, and if the coaching staff thinks he's ready, then it's time to play. I think it was quite obvious that Plummer was incapable of leading the team to the promised land, and it seems Shanny thought so too. Sometimes coaches need to consider the big picture. And now the Broncos are in a much better position to make a run this year than they would have been if Cutler hadn't seen much time last year. It was a wise sacrifice/investment.

In my opinion it was a bad move, they were in the midst of a playoff run and to start a rookie QB was too risky but hey I don't get paid to make that call so be it. I agree that they should be in a better situation this year because of it but hey I was a Plummer fan.

duckseason
08-04-2007, 05:19 PM
In my opinion it was a bad move, they were in the midst of a playoff run and to start a rookie QB was too risky but hey I don't get paid to make that call so be it. I agree that they should be in a better situation this year because of it but hey I was a Plummer fan.

Yeah, I hear that. You and Plummer like to grow beards together and see who can look the most stoned without actually being stoned....I can't fault you for backing your BFF. j/p

Btw, Jay Cutler beats both of you in the "I look blazed out of my mind but I'm really not" competition.

BigDawg819
08-04-2007, 05:20 PM
Yeah, I hear that. You and Plummer like to grow beards together and see who can look the most stoned without actually being stoned....I can't fault you for backing your BFF. j/p

Btw, Jay Cutler beats both of you in the "I look blazed out of my mind but I'm really not" competition.

Wow where did that come from? Besides I'm only growing the goatee! :D

elway777
08-04-2007, 05:27 PM

Have you not heard of Norm Chow? :/

Plus Kiffin also has alot of flexibility working with an offense of 5 star players. The one full year he had as full time O coordinator was statistically worse then the previous 4 without him. Ask any Trojan fan and they'll tell you they're happier with Steve Sarkisian(SC QB coach) and John Morton (last years Saints WR coach) guiding the O instead of the ultra conservative Kiffin. I mean there is a reason the Raiders went after Sarkisian first.

duckseason
08-04-2007, 05:30 PM
Wow where did that come from? Besides I'm only growing the goatee! :D
Sometimes I crack lame jokes to keep it light and let people know I respect their opinion and I'm not trying to bash them. But I don't respect everybody's opinion around here. Yours, yes. Ricky Bobby's, no. But Plummer still licks taint and Cutler is Hayzeus reincarnate. Shanahan has seen the light.

BigDawg819
08-04-2007, 05:32 PM
Sometimes I crack lame jokes to keep it light and let people know I respect their opinion and I'm not trying to bash them. But I don't respect everybody's opinion around here. Yours, yes. Ricky Bobby's, no. But Plummer still licks taint and Cutler is Hayzeus reincarnate. Shanahan has seen the light.

Thats where that came from. :D Hey Cutler can have a monster year for all I care, I drafted him on my fantasy team! ;)

elway777
08-04-2007, 05:36 PM
http://www.nflplayers.com/images/players/38292.jpg

duckseason
08-04-2007, 05:39 PM
http://www.nflplayers.com/images/players/38292.jpg

Hahahaha. See? He wins, hands down. The dude is so blazed he can't even see straight.

scottyboy
08-04-2007, 05:47 PM
John Fox at DC, he was great there with NY and Carolina has a top D(not for long since hiring Tim Lewis hahaha)- hate to admit it, but Johnson a close 2nd

elway777
08-04-2007, 05:50 PM
You know you miss this face NJX:
http://dwil.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/jakep1.jpg
<3

SubNoize
08-04-2007, 05:51 PM
Have you not heard of Norm Chow? :/

Plus Kiffin also has alot of flexibility working with an offense of 5 star players. The one full year he had as full time O coordinator was statistically worse then the previous 4 without him. Ask any Trojan fan and they'll tell you they're happier with Steve Sarkisian(SC QB coach) and John Morton (last years Saints WR coach) guiding the O instead of the ultra conservative Kiffin. I mean there is a reason the Raiders went after Sarkisian first.

Becuase Al Davis loves to revisit guys who've been on staff before, and he had more experience. I am an SC fan by the way, and I'm no happier with Sarkisian calling the shots than Kiff. Another contributing factor to last year was JDB and the run game, JDB's a solid college starter and there was promise with Gable but did you expect them to put out the same numbers minus Leinart and Bush? C'mon... Also there is no replacing Norm Chow, he is undeniably better than Kiff and Sark, but Kiff catches more crap than deserved.

elway777
08-04-2007, 05:57 PM
Becuase Al Davis loves to revisit guys who've been on staff before, and he had more experience. I am an SC fan by the way, and I'm no happier with Sarkisian calling the shots than Kiff. Another contributing factor to last year was JDB and the run game, JDB's a solid college starter and there was promise with Gable but did you expect them to put out the same numbers minus Leinart and Bush? C'mon... Also there is no replacing Norm Chow, he is undeniably better than Kiff and Sark, but Kiff catches more crap than deserved.

You have to admit the play calling of Lane Kiffin borded on high school level. How often was the quick slant attempted to just be batted at the line? Knowing this Lane still called that play atleast on every other drive and in CRITICAL SITUATIONS. If it hadn't been for those 2 tipped passes SC would of played Ohio State, not Michigan. I just couldn't stand his conservative play calling.

SubNoize
08-04-2007, 06:00 PM
You have to admit the play calling of Lane Kiffin borded on high school level. How often was the quick slant attempted to just be batted at the line? Knowing this Lane still called that play atleast on every other drive and in CRITICAL SITUATIONS. If it hadn't been for those 2 tipped passes SC would of played Ohio State, not Michigan. I just couldn't stand his conservative play calling.

Sark had the ability to change the play on the field if he felt it necessary and never did, so obviously everyone felt like those plays were going to pan out or someone would have made an adjustment. I think people forget that Kiffin was in the booth an Sark could have made changes, so are you expecting anything different this year?

elway777
08-04-2007, 06:04 PM
Sark had the ability to change the play on the field if he felt it necessary and never did, so obviously everyone felt like those plays were going to pan out or someone would have made an adjustment. I think people forget that Kiffin was in the booth an Sark could have made changes, so are you expecting anything different this year?

I expect a more wide open offense. Sark has displayed he wants this by installing the shotgun, which will work to JDB's favor.

Flyboy
08-05-2007, 12:47 AM

Hm, njx is right on time.

doingthisinsteadofwork
08-05-2007, 01:30 AM
lets not be mean to the sheeple.

doingthisinsteadofwork
08-05-2007, 01:32 AM
haha

thats pretty much USC's pass offense every year.Its annoying to watch.IF you guys had a good WR like Desean Jackson it could probably be more exiciting.

Rob S
08-05-2007, 02:39 AM
this is tough

HC: Bill Belichick (as much as I hate it)
OC: Sean Payton (rising star)
DC: Dick LeBeau (great coach)

JoeMontainya
08-05-2007, 10:07 AM
DB couch has to be Mel Tucker.

Look what hes done for Leigh Bodden, Sean Jones, and Daven Holly. Bodden was undrafted and now hes easily considered a top 10 CB in the league. Jones was just a hard hitting safety that now came second in tackles of all the NFL DB's last year and actually put up 5 INTs with exstensive coaching. Holly shouldnt have even made the Browns roster, but had to because of injuries, Tucker made this kid seem like he should actually be a starter by the end of the year. Brodney Poole is next in line and Eric Wright is allready dominating in training camp.

Mel Tucker was the DB coach at Ohio State when they sent countless first round talent into the NFL.

TimD
08-05-2007, 10:32 AM
He's talking about current coaches. Parcells is retired at the moment, although I absolutely 100% agree with your assessment.

As for me

HC: Bill Bellicheck
OC: Ken Whisenhunt

i was waiting for someone to put the runnerup to the Coach of the Year last season.... Mangini turned a team with little talent into a 10-6 contender...

HC: Bill belichek

neko4
08-05-2007, 10:52 AM
HC: Belicheck
OC: Holmgren
DC: Rob Ryan
QB: Turner
RB: Kubiak
WR: Jerry Rice
OL: Bugel
DL: Rex Ryan
LB: Bates
DB: Mangini
ST: April

awfullyquiet
08-05-2007, 06:11 PM
I think it's amazing that everyone's like, Belicheck for HC.
Not that I disagree by any stretch.
So,
HC: Belicheck.
OC: Payton.
DC: Rivera
ST: Dave Toub

YAYareaRB
08-05-2007, 06:49 PM
Head Coach - Bill Belichick
OC - Sean Payton
DC - Rex Ryan
ST - Mike Westhoff

QB - Norm Chow
HB - Kennedy Pola
OL - Russ Grimm
LB - Mike Singletary

JoeMontainya
08-05-2007, 08:49 PM
What did Mangini do as a DB coach that isnt still there? They havent lost a step in that department since he left. Same with Romeo Crennell as their D-coord. If both were so great, how come the only thing thats slowed anything down is players getting older? Dont forget Bill still and allways did basically control every aspect of that D.

SenorGato
08-05-2007, 09:53 PM
HC: Eric Mangini

I love how this dude prepares, and while I don't agree with EVERYTHING he does...he definitely seems to have a plan to make us competitive for the long term.

His offense is explosive, to say the least.

DC: Wade Phillips

The 3-4 kicks all ass, and no one coaches a more aggressive scheme than Phillips.

kmartin575
08-06-2007, 12:24 AM
The Chiefs defensive coaching staff from the 90's. Marty Schottenheimer had Bill Cowher, Herm Edwards, and Tony Dungy under him.

Mr. Stiller
08-06-2007, 12:33 AM
The Chiefs defensive coaching staff from the 90's. Marty Schottenheimer had Bill Cowher, Herm Edwards, and Tony Dungy under him.

Didn't Noll have Dungy, and Marvin Lewis?

bigbluedefense
08-06-2007, 10:01 AM
i was waiting for someone to put the runnerup to the Coach of the Year last season.... Mangini turned a team with little talent into a 10-6 contender...

HC: Bill belichek

I put Mangini as DC bc he's a great motivator (he really reminds me ALOT of a young Parcells), and his scheme fits the HC's scheme. Ppl have Bellichick as HC then Phillips as DC, that doesn't work. Their schemes are too polarizing for that to be a good fit.

bigbluedefense
08-06-2007, 10:03 AM

I think Sean Payton's pass happy ways will eventually catch up to him. Probably sooner than later.

Shannahan's WCO is my favorite style of WCO. He's commited to the run, and he uses alot more 2TE sets compared to other WCO disciples. The only thing I dislike is the fulltime ZBS. I like the oldschool big hulking run blocker lines, the ZBS has its pros, but it also has its cons and I wouldn't like fulltime ZBS on my team.

JoeMontainya
08-06-2007, 10:27 AM
Funny how Sean Payton isnt even the full time OC, has only been control for 1 year and has Brees, Duce, Reggie, Colston, Horn at the time, and a very solid OL, and now everyone things he is a genious. There arent to many Ocords that can mess that situation up.

I guess Payton is the flavor of the year, much like the song. People dont even think about Saunders doing such things for over 10 years, or Tom Moore being the geniuos behing Manning and the Colts for almost 10 years. How about Mike Martz when he was with the Rams and had the best show on turf? Sean Payton hasnt done anything to even touch these 3 OC's jocks, much less make me think he is the ultimate coach for the offense of an NFL team allready.

Sean Paytons D was about the same as the Colts and Rams when they won there rings, but it was the offenses that got them over the hump. Payton doesnt have that extra charge I see in GREAT OC's. Much less the exsperience and longevity to get him anywhere near the top 5 on this list to a real NFL fan.

Ill give him this, the Saints were a great story this year.

bigbluedefense
08-06-2007, 10:30 AM
Funny how Sean Payton isnt even the full time OC, has only been control for 1 year and has Brees, Duce, Reggie, Colston, Horn at the time, and a very solid OL, and now everyone things he is a genious. There arent to many Ocords that can mess that situation up.

I guess Payton is the flavor of the year, much like the song. People dont even think about Saunders doing such things for over 10 years, or Tom Moore being the geniuos behing Manning and the Colts for almost 10 years. How about Mike Martz when he was with the Rams and had the best show on turf? Sean Payton hasnt done anything to even touch these 3 OC's jocks, much less make me think he is the ultimate coach for the offense of an NFL team allready.

Sean Paytons D was about the same as the Colts and Rams when they won there rings, but it was the offenses that got them over the hump. Payton doesnt have that extra charge I see in GREAT OC's. Much less the exsperience and longevity to get him anywhere near the top 5 on this list to a real NFL fan.

Ill give him this, the Saints were a great story this year.

People have short term memory. And they make the same mistakes twice. Its really that simple. We as fans don't learn from our mistakes. Bandwagons look cool and theyre comfy to sit in.

LSUALUM99
08-06-2007, 08:54 PM
HC: Tony Dungy - for overall game management, dealing with the press etc
DC: Belichick , doesn't excell (undertsatement) at dealing with the press so this is why he's DC instead of HC, but best defensive mind in football
OC - Mike Holmgren, I still think he's the best offensive mind in football (Shanahan would be 2nd with Martz third, but I don't like Martz's offensive style)

GM - Andy Reid, I think the way the Iggles manage their roster is the best in the game from a systemic point of view
Director of Player Personell - Ozzie Smith, best Talent evaluator out there