PDA

View Full Version : Scrimmage

EdReedUnstoppable
08-04-2007, 11:56 AM
Well our QBs all look terrible McNair has no faith in his arm anymore and it makes him hesitant, he is gonna throw alot of INTs this year if he doesn't fix that. Kyle is still overthrowin people, Drew Olson and Troy Smith look like they might never complete a pass. I still say Kyle gives us the best oppurtunity to win a championship.

ccB
08-04-2007, 12:02 PM
Id rather have the QB who can drop back to pass without tripping over his own feet, even if he can only throw the ball 10 yards.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-04-2007, 12:05 PM
Id rather have the QB who can drop back to pass without tripping over his own feet, even if he can only throw the ball 10 yards.

I'd rather have a QB who can get the ball downfield to our playmakers, and its funny how people forget that McNair fell over on some drop backs last year and dropped some snaps.........but in Baltimore Kyle Boller is the only QB who makes mistakes..... *eyes cannot stop rolling*

ccB
08-04-2007, 12:09 PM
I think its pointless to start Kyle, hes outta here after next year. What would starting him do? IMO it would cause us to lose and miss out on the playoffs, but even if he plays great and wins the superbowl like you think he could, than some other team will overpay him in FA. If we arent going to start McNair (which would be stupid because Super Bowl or not he put up results last year with that wonderful record we had) we should start someone who is actually gonna be with the team after next year.

This McNair vs Boller debate is so played out though. In fact its not even worth debating any more. I think Steve McNair poked ERU's sister. Barring injury McNair is the starting QB whether you guys hate him or love him. Im not the biggest McNair fan but hes who we got so im not going to hate on everything he does. I am a Ravens fan and he is a Raven, so regardless how good he is I will not hate on the guy.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-04-2007, 12:11 PM
I think its pointless to start Kyle, hes outta here after next year. What would starting him do? IMO it would cause us to lose and miss out on the playoffs, but even if he plays great and wins the superbowl like you think he could, than some other team will overpay him in FA. If we arent going to start McNair (which would be stupid because Super Bowl or not he put up results last year with that wonderful record we had) we should start someone who is actually gonna be with the team after next year.

This McNair vs Boller debate is so played out though. In fact its not even worth debating any more. I think Steve McNair poked ERU's sister.

Thats the worst argument against Kyle starting ever. Don't start a guy who is better and would take us farther because he is a FA after the season, then lets get Suggs out of the lineup immediately.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-04-2007, 12:13 PM
Ronnie Prude looks good.

ccB
08-04-2007, 12:13 PM
Thats the worst argument against Kyle starting ever. Don't start a guy who is better and would take us farther because he is a FA after the season, then lets get Suggs out of the lineup immediately.

Besides you and your sidekick bigdawg who says hes going to take us farther? I mean if this was such an easy thing to figure out how come no one else is calling for Kyle to start? Not the fans, not the media, just you and big dawg. Man crush much?

EdReedUnstoppable
08-04-2007, 12:16 PM
Besides you and your sidekick bigdawg who says hes going to take us farther? I mean if this was such an easy thing to figure out how come no one else is calling for Kyle to start? Not the fans, not the media, just you and big dawg. Man crush much?

It doesn't take a genious to watch a QB who won't throw downfiled and acts like we dont have WRs and know he won't win anything for us when it counts. Not to mention McNair has proven over and over again that he is a choke artist and cant win the big game.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-04-2007, 12:17 PM
Man crush = Jared Gaither not Kyle Boller!

EdReedUnstoppable
08-04-2007, 12:18 PM
Kyle for 19 to D Will.

ccB
08-04-2007, 12:18 PM
It doesn't take a genious to watch a QB who won't throw downfiled and acts like we dont have WRs and know he won't win anything for us when it counts. Not to mention McNair has proven over and over again that he is a choke artist and cant win the big game.

KYLE BOLLER CANT EVEN WIN ENOUGH GAMES TO BE A CHOKE ARTIST! A choke artist is better than a guy who doesnt win!

EdReedUnstoppable
08-04-2007, 12:20 PM
Willis = unimpressive, tip toer, much worse tip toer than Jamal was.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-04-2007, 12:20 PM
KYLE BOLLER CANT EVEN WIN ENOUGH GAMES TO BE A CHOKE ARTIST! A choke artist is better than a guy who doesnt win!

Actually its the same thing, you either win it all or you lose its that simple.

Hines
08-04-2007, 12:25 PM
how did barnes look

EdReedUnstoppable
08-04-2007, 12:25 PM
He didn't play tweeked his ankle during the week.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-04-2007, 12:26 PM
I loved seeing Devard Darling throw that overrated punk Sean Taylor down.

Hines
08-04-2007, 12:26 PM
so did willis look good..

EdReedUnstoppable
08-04-2007, 12:27 PM
Prescott Burgess is an absolute beast!!

ccB
08-04-2007, 12:27 PM
You guys have no respect. Complaing just to complain as far as im concerned. McNair came in here and put up results. He didnt win the SB but neither did every other team in the league besides the colts. We went from a god awful team to the 2nd best record in the league and you guys dont think it had anything to do with him? You guys are like spoiled little kids, "WE DIDNT GET A SB HES A CHOKE ARTIST!" McNair sucked last year but his season stats were better than anything Kyle has ever put up but you guys are riding his nuts like we are starting Quincy Carter with Peyton Manning riding the bench but that is so far from the case.

Both of our QBs are bellow average, one doesnt have the brain to manage a game adn the other doesnt have the physical tools to get the ball down the field. I'll take a QB who can atleast manage the game right over the QB who trips over his own feet whenever he drops back to pass. God I hope we have a running game next year, if we dont we are royally screwed.

I am tired of arguing over this stupid topic, I brought out all the stats a few months ago when you had your little Kyle Boller brigade or whatever.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-04-2007, 12:31 PM
You guys have no respect. Complaing just to complain as far as im concerned. McNair came in here and put up results. He didnt win the SB but neither did every other team in the league besides the colts. We went from a god awful team to the 2nd best record in the league and you guys dont think it had anything to do with him? You guys are like spoiled little kids, "WE DIDNT GET A SB HES A CHOKE ARTIST!" McNair sucked last year but his season stats were better than anything Kyle has ever put up but you guys are riding his nuts like we are starting Quincy Carter with Peyton Manning riding the bench but that is so far from the case.

Both of our QBs are bellow average, one doesnt have the brain to manage a game adn the other doesnt have the physical tools to get the ball down the field. I'll take a QB who can atleast manage the game right over the QB who trips over his own feet whenever he drops back to pass. God I hope we have a running game next year, if we dont we are royally screwed.

I am tired of arguing over this stupid topic, I brought out all the stats a few months ago when you had your little Kyle Boller brigade or whatever.

Would you like a cookie?

McNair is a choke artist because he never wins the big game not just last year but in every other year of his career.

And as for the running game we definitely lost the ability to pound it in from down close when Jamal left. Willis better turn it up when the games matter.

Why should I respect McNair btw?

trkaline
08-04-2007, 12:31 PM
I seem to remember another choke artist who couldnt win big games...Manning ring a bell? It is possible for him to take us deeper into the playoffs how deep only time will tell we did set a franchise record with wins last year.. I think were gonna see a change this year..McNair has a year under his belt in our system Kyle Boller throws more balls to defenders then he does to recievers....Willis is gonna be beast this is what he needed for his career and what our offense needed period....

EdReedUnstoppable
08-04-2007, 12:35 PM
Kyle goes downfield again, btw Wilcox is so friggin underrated!

ChewyRaven318
08-04-2007, 12:39 PM
HAHAHAH, this 2nd team action in the 11 on 11 is great.

Too bad these aren't the starters, because Boller is REALLY impressing me here.

TD!!

EdReedUnstoppable
08-04-2007, 12:41 PM
Something that scares me for this season for real is the goalline rushing, hopefully Le'Ron McClain can take over the role of RB from 2 yards an in, because we don't have a good power RB anymore.

trkaline
08-04-2007, 12:42 PM
Yea thats what Boller does he does good enough when it doesnt matter so people will think he can perform when it does and we waste a season...tricky little bastard....

ChewyRaven318
08-04-2007, 12:49 PM
Cut Maze. NOW.

ccB
08-04-2007, 12:49 PM
Would you like a cookie?

McNair is a choke artist because he never wins the big game not just last year but in every other year of his career.

And as for the running game we definitely lost the ability to pound it in from down close when Jamal left. Willis better turn it up when the games matter.

Why should I respect McNair btw?

Yes, chocolate chip.

Boller is a choke artist also, whenever given a chance to start or play hes failed miserably. Except the one game last year when Clayton saved his ass.

Jamal ran with no power last year so I have no clue what games you were watching. I seriously am beginning to doubt everything you say. Because it wasnt even a few weeks ago that you flip flopped from hating Willis to liking him and now you have flip flopped again to hating him.

Why shouldnt you respect McNair? Hes done everything here that Kyle has failed at, but your drinking all the Kyle Boller kool aid. Neither has won us a superbowl but for being in the system one year McNair did a fantastic job.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-04-2007, 12:58 PM
Yes, chocolate chip.

Boller is a choke artist also, whenever given a chance to start or play hes failed miserably. Except the one game last year when Clayton saved his ass.

Jamal ran with no power last year so I have no clue what games you were watching. I seriously am beginning to doubt everything you say. Because it wasnt even a few weeks ago that you flip flopped from hating Willis to liking him and now you have flip flopped again to hating him.

Why shouldnt you respect McNair? Hes done everything here that Kyle has failed at, but your drinking all the Kyle Boller kool aid. Neither has won us a superbowl but for being in the system one year McNair did a fantastic job.

I dont hate Willis and I dont like Willis I still believe he is the wrong guy for this team........clear enough for ya now? Jamal ran with more power last year then Willis has ever run withj in the NFL. McNair did ok last year but he cost us the Superbowl, and he showed signs that his age is getting to him. He has no mobility, his arm is basically just for show, and he refuses to go downfield.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-04-2007, 12:59 PM
And furthermore......

Jared Gaither is an absolute beast!

ccB
08-04-2007, 01:12 PM
I dont hate Willis and I dont like Willis I still believe he is the wrong guy for this team........clear enough for ya now? Jamal ran with more power last year then Willis has ever run withj in the NFL. McNair did ok last year but he cost us the Superbowl, and he showed signs that his age is getting to him. He has no mobility, his arm is basically just for show, and he refuses to go downfield.

We didnt sign Willis to be a power back. I agree with your assessment of McNair, with all that being said he still puts us in a better position to win than Boller. We are a team that wants to run and wreak havoc on defense. We have never been a team that airs the ball out. McNair's decision making skills alone is the reason he is the Starter over Kyle. I wish Kyle could have put it all together , but he hasnt and I dont think he ever will here. I mean who wouldnt want a young qb with his arm to go along with decent mobility. He just doesnt have the QB mind you look for. I think he needs the change in scenery if hes going to ever make it in this league.

trkaline
08-04-2007, 01:21 PM
Proof Kyle=Dee da deeeee
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RWslqXtgzs&mode=related&search=

EdReedUnstoppable
08-05-2007, 01:34 AM
Proof Kyle=Dee da deeeee
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RWslqXtgzs&mode=related&search=

Wow thats funny *sarcasm*

And CCBG we may have never been a team that airs it out before, but now we have a guy who IMO could be one of the best WRs in the league in DWill if we would air it out and go downfield, why limit ourselves to what we've always been. One thing I do like about Willis more than Jamal is he is a better blocker and better out of the backfield receiving so why not become a team that airs it out, our OL protects the QB better than they run block anywho.

BigDawg819
08-05-2007, 01:45 AM
We didnt sign Willis to be a power back. I agree with your assessment of McNair, with all that being said he still puts us in a better position to win than Boller. We are a team that wants to run and wreak havoc on defense. We have never been a team that airs the ball out. McNair's decision making skills alone is the reason he is the Starter over Kyle. I wish Kyle could have put it all together , but he hasnt and I dont think he ever will here. I mean who wouldnt want a young qb with his arm to go along with decent mobility. He just doesnt have the QB mind you look for. I think he needs the change in scenery if hes going to ever make it in this league.

Correction, we were a team that wanted to do that. Coach has repeatedly stated how he wants to open up the offense and run more 3 WR sets. That isn't for show there buddy, thats meant to get more vertical downfield and use Heap, DWill, Clayton and Mason. But with McNair behind center its pointless to have a DWill, Clayton, or Heap go downfield when all McNair can do is hit Mason across the middle or dump off to a back.

dcarey20
08-05-2007, 12:24 PM
Prescott Burgess has been very impressive thus far, in camp and now in the scrimmage. He's done everything to make me believe that he deserves a roster spot. And Jared Gaither is just a monster. He's been our most impressive player thus far. Not lineman, player.

Most Impressive players:

Jared Gaither OT
Prescott Burgess LB
Ronnie Prude CB
Demetrius Williams WR

BigDawg819
08-05-2007, 12:33 PM
Prescott Burgess has been very impressive thus far, in camp and now in the scrimmage. He's done everything to make me believe that he deserves a roster spot. And Jared Gaither is just a monster. He's been our most impressive player thus far. Not lineman, player.

Most Impressive players:

Jared Gaither OT
Prescott Burgess LB
Ronnie Prude CB
Demetrius Williams WR

Jared Gaither for now on will be referred to as The Manephant. He literally is half man half elephant, I can't wait till he proves all these haters wrong!

As DWill, he looks to have acquired the one thing that will make him great, a mean streak. I haven't seen a receiver on this team ever be as physical as he has been this training camp and I for one love it.

ccB
08-05-2007, 12:35 PM
Correction, we were a team that wanted to do that. Coach has repeatedly stated how he wants to open up the offense and run more 3 WR sets. That isn't for show there buddy, thats meant to get more vertical downfield and use Heap, DWill, Clayton and Mason. But with McNair behind center its pointless to have a DWill, Clayton, or Heap go downfield when all McNair can do is hit Mason across the middle or dump off to a back.

and all Kyle can do is hit the ground or dump onto his own back after he trips over his feet. Sounds like we are in trouble huh. I live for the day that Kyle Boller proves me wrong, comes into a game and takes the league by storm, I think I'll be living a long time waiting for that day.

BigDawg819
08-05-2007, 12:38 PM
and all Kyle can do is hit the ground or dump onto his own back after he trips over his feet. Sounds like we are in trouble huh. I live for the day that Kyle Boller proves me wrong, comes into a game and takes the league by storm, I think I'll be living a long time waiting for that day.

Well if you watched the scrimmage yesterday you saw the first glimpse of Kyle's greatness and McNair showing why he needs to be cut.

ccB
08-05-2007, 12:39 PM
Well if you watched the scrimmage yesterday you saw the first glimpse of Kyle's greatness and McNair showing why he needs to be cut.

I dont even take Pre Season serious until game 3, relying on what a player shows you in scrimmage is never a good idea.

BigDawg819
08-05-2007, 12:44 PM
I dont even take Pre Season serious until game 3, relying on what a player shows you in scrimmage is never a good idea.

Its the first step and you can't walk until you learn to crawl. The only QB in the league worse then McNair right now is Brunnel and I'm not sure why he still has a job? For our new offense to be successful we need to move the ball downfield vertically and thats not possible with Steve "King of the Checkdown" McNair. Allowing him to stay the starter is wasting the talents of Heap, Clayton and DWill.

ccB
08-05-2007, 12:49 PM
Its the first step and you can't walk until you learn to crawl. The only QB in the league worse then McNair right now is Brunnel and I'm not sure why he still has a job? For our new offense to be successful we need to move the ball downfield vertically and thats not possible with Steve "King of the Checkdown" McNair. Allowing him to stay the starter is wasting the talents of Heap, Clayton and DWill.
Worst QB in league? Ok your just hating now. Some of you need to learn to put your personal bias' aside.

BigDawg819
08-05-2007, 12:51 PM
Worst QB in league? Ok your just hating now. Some of you need to learn to put your personal bias' aside.

Its not hating when its true! Besides I'm going on physical ability and face, a 34 year old injury proned QB with no arm is liability not a strong asset.

America
08-05-2007, 12:52 PM

McNair was 3-3 for 33 yards and had a 17 yarder to Heap. Why does that show he needs to be cut, Kyle played well but I don't see how you can call his performance great while you say McNair's performance calls for his release. A scrimmage is also not the proper gauge for evaluating a QB. I'm not the biggest fan of either QB. But McNair earned the respect of the players and they honestly are much more confident with him under center.

ccB
08-05-2007, 12:53 PM
Its not hating when its true! Besides I'm going on physical ability and face, a 34 year old injury proned QB with no arm is liability not a strong asset.

Provide me with the facts that proves McNair was THE WORST QB in football last year. Let me see the statistics, hes far from the best but the worst QB in football? You are just making yourself look bad with that statement.

BigDawg819
08-05-2007, 12:57 PM
Provide me with the facts that proves McNair was THE WORST QB in football last year. Let me see the statistics, hes far from the best but the worst QB in football? You are just making yourself look bad with that statement.

Ok if you read the comment you would see that I said I was basing it on PHYSICAL ABILITY and there aren't any stats on that. Unless you watch him throw then you see that he has problems with throws over 10 yards and that his throws have little or no zip on them. Hell even Mike "AssClown" Preston, the biggest Boller Basher known to man, is even seeing that Boller his performing very well so far in camp while McNair is having the problems I stated.

Bohleive
08-05-2007, 05:18 PM
Two thoughts/obsrvations:
1) I agree with the Gaither assessments. How the hell could Gaither have lasted till the 5th? All the obvious stuff aside, the guy is a monster. He will be our starting LT after this season. Did anyone see him manhandle his man on that running play, moving him a good 7-10 yards from the initial line of scrimmage? Supposedly he's 7-7 against Suggs so far in TC, in one-on-one drills and he totally owned Andre Carter (not that hard, but still) in drills yesterday. If he can learn the playbook, a substantial if, we have another stud LT on our hands; seamless transition.

2) I'll preface this by saying ERIG and BD, refute the observation if you disagree, but please refrain from insults. I'm not anti-Boller per se, but i'll be damned if he isn't still locking onto one guy when he's under center. When will he stop throwing to the same target two-three, even four times in a row, without ever giving a defense any indication that he plans on going elsewhere? Just my observation. Aside from that, yes, he appears a lot smoother dropping back and getting the ball out. Until he corrects this, he's a career backup at best.

BigDawg819
08-05-2007, 05:41 PM
Two thoughts/obsrvations:
1) I agree with the Gaither assessments. How the hell could Gaither have lasted till the 5th? All the obvious stuff aside, the guy is a monster. He will be our starting LT after this season. Did anyone see him manhandle his man on that running play, moving him a good 7-10 yards from the initial line of scrimmage? Supposedly he's 7-7 against Suggs so far in TC, in one-on-one drills and he totally owned Andre Carter (not that hard, but still) in drills yesterday. If he can learn the playbook, a substantial if, we have another stud LT on our hands; seamless transition.

2) I'll preface this by saying ERIG and BD, refute the observation if you disagree, but please refrain from insults. I'm not anti-Boller per se, but i'll be damned if he isn't still locking onto one guy when he's under center. When will he stop throwing to the same target two-three, even four times in a row, without ever giving a defense any indication that he plans on going elsewhere? Just my observation. Aside from that, yes, he appears a lot smoother dropping back and getting the ball out. Until he corrects this, he's a career backup at best.

He's a Manephant!

Troj2man
08-05-2007, 05:58 PM
Wow thats funny *sarcasm*

And CCBG we may have never been a team that airs it out before, but now we have a guy who IMO could be one of the best WRs in the league in DWill if we would air it out and go downfield, why limit ourselves to what we've always been. One thing I do like about Willis more than Jamal is he is a better blocker and better out of the backfield receiving so why not become a team that airs it out, our OL protects the QB better than they run block anywho.

Give me a break! Demetrius needs to show a hell of a lot more before anyone thinks he can be one of the best WR's in the league.

Kyle Boller yesterday was/is the same Kyle Boller that we have seen for 5 years now. He made some good throws, only to be followed by throws that leave you scratching your head. He was the best looking QB out there, but that really isn't saying much. Mcnair gives this team the best chance at winning, period!

BigDawg819
08-05-2007, 06:18 PM
Give me a break! Demetrius needs to show a hell of a lot more before anyone thinks he can be one of the best WR's in the league.

Kyle Boller yesterday was/is the same Kyle Boller that we have seen for 5 years now. He made some good throws, only to be followed by throws that leave you scratching your head. He was the best looking QB out there, but that really isn't saying much. Mcnair gives this team the best chance at winning, period!

Your post is nothing short of nonsense.

DWill has the size, speed, and now it seems the mean streak to get physical, everything needed to be one of the Best in the game and your bad mouthing him?

As for Kyle, he leads us on multiple scoring drives with no turnovers, the main knocks on him, and your still bitching? Everyone gets on us for backing Boller, maybe you should back of your mancrush of Steve "Choke Artist with no arm" McNair!

Troj2man
08-05-2007, 06:32 PM
Your post is nothing short of nonsense.

DWill has the size, speed, and now it seems the mean streak to get physical, everything needed to be one of the Best in the game and your bad mouthing him?

As for Kyle, he leads us on multiple scoring drives with no turnovers, the main knocks on him, and your still bitching? Everyone gets on us for backing Boller, maybe you should back of your mancrush of Steve "Choke Artist with no arm" McNair!

Yes Demetrius has the size and speed. Travis Taylor also was said to have the size and speed. Demetrius is my favorite Raven. I'm not going to sit here and say he's going to be one of the best in the game going into his second season though. He still has a lot to prove. I don't see where that's bad mouthing him.

As for Boller, I said he was the best QB in the scrimmage. Again though a scrimmage doesn't really mean anything. The QB's couldn't be hit so he didn't have to worry about pressure. His mechanics are still pretty bad. He still has the happy feet and looks akward dropping back. His throwing motion seems to have tightened up a bit. He has a quicker release, but still double clutches the ball before a throw. Hopefully this is the year that he finally gets it. We'll have to wait and see.

And sorry but I don't have a man crush on Mcnair. I think his skills are declining which is expected with getting older. He knows how to manage the game though. That's what the Ravens think they need to win it all. I think he still has enough left in the tank to be the leader for this offense.

BigDawg819
08-05-2007, 06:43 PM
Yes Demetrius has the size and speed. Travis Taylor also was said to have the size and speed. Demetrius is my favorite Raven. I'm not going to sit here and say he's going to be one of the best in the game going into his second season though. He still has a lot to prove. I don't see where that's bad mouthing him.

As for Boller, I said he was the best QB in the scrimmage. Again though a scrimmage doesn't really mean anything. The QB's couldn't be hit so he didn't have to worry about pressure. His mechanics are still pretty bad. He still has the happy feet and looks akward dropping back. His throwing motion seems to have tightened up a bit. He has a quicker release, but still double clutches the ball before a throw. Hopefully this is the year that he finally gets it. We'll have to wait and see.

And sorry but I don't have a man crush on Mcnair. I think his skills are declining which is expected with getting older. He knows how to manage the game though. That's what the Ravens think they need to win it all. I think he still has enough left in the tank to be the leader for this offense.

Wrong again! Coach has repeatedly said how he wants to open up the offense, run 3 WR sets, and move the ball downfield vertically and McNair can't do that.

McBain
08-05-2007, 06:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeP8WUXOZYA

KB4EVA!

BigDawg819
08-05-2007, 06:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeP8WUXOZYA

KB4EVA!

All the comments are all positive baby! The KBC is growing! :D

Idiot Redskin fan thinking that this was an insult..............

McBain
08-05-2007, 06:53 PM

I'm pro-bole dude.

Troj2man
08-05-2007, 06:55 PM
Wrong again! Coach has repeatedly said how he wants to open up the offense, run 3 WR sets, and move the ball downfield vertically and McNair can't do that.

You still need a QB to manage the game. Billick knows what he has in Mcnair. He'll put together the best offense to help this team win it all. He's not going to put Mcnair in a situation where he can't produce. He's not going to install a system focusing on the negative parts of his QB.

trkaline
08-05-2007, 08:10 PM

KBC=Kill Boller Coalition...

BigDawg819
08-05-2007, 08:25 PM
KBC=Kyle Boller Coalition...

There I fixed it for you Neanderthal.............

trkaline
08-05-2007, 09:35 PM
Nah I liked it better my way....

ironman4579
08-05-2007, 11:27 PM
I posted this in your TC thread, but since it has to do with the scrimmage, I figured I should actually post it here.

Some more Ravens and Burgess news for you guys.

"For the most part, especially swarming rookie linebacker Prescott Burgess, the defensive reserves controlled the tempo.

“It’s a testament to our scouting department bringing in quality players playing Ravens football,” linebacker Bart Scott said."

http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/ar...orts080507.txt

"Rookie linebacker Prescott Burgess was on the move, lining up at several positions.

The sixth-round pick from Michigan was credited with a team-high four tackles.

“He can do it all,” Pro Bowl linebacker Bart Scott said. “I give him props.”

http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/ar...orts080507.txt

America
08-05-2007, 11:59 PM
During the HOF game, a stat came up on the best QB % throwing more than twenty yards downfield. First was Drew Brees, then Losman and Peyton, then the big surprise, McNair, who completed 38.5 % of his passes thrown further than 20 yards, good for 4th in the NFL. Although he hardly ever goes deep, at least he is one of the better ones at completing those passes.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-06-2007, 06:41 AM

You don't read and comprehend to well do you, I said "could be" meaning in the future.

And CCB you can say we myself and BD have a personal bias but so do you.

and also who the **** is ERIG?

EdReedUnstoppable
08-06-2007, 06:42 AM
Nah I liked it better my way....

Thats because you're a turd! :)

SeanTaylorRIP
08-06-2007, 07:08 AM
I know it's the "cool" thing to diss Steve McNair but if you are gonna do it, to pimp Kyle Boller that I have never understood. I love how people give McNair no credit, you all can argue with me but the team would not be 13-3 with Boller, Boller blows just accept it, people calling him good is like calling Clarence Moore a beast, it's a joke. Yes he can throw it 60 yards off his knee but who gives a what. The dude will never get the game, he needs work on his mentality abilities. First off his footwork in the pocket is some of the most erratic spastic stuff I have ever seen. When pressured his body freaks out going in different directions and he loses any fundamental stability and ends up throwing the ball with with the weirdest motions. Next his accuracy blows, not awful in the long ball but all of his short-intermediate stuff is crap, absolute crap, lastly his decision making blows, he will throw 20+ INT's in a full season, or hell in half a season, not to mention he has awful ball security when he scrambles. The guy is a bust time to let go of him, make the same decision the Lions had to make with Joey Harrington.

trkaline
08-06-2007, 08:04 AM
Thats because you're a turd! :)

Ok im a turd, and Boller is a huge heaping pile of elephant nuggets that instead of playing it calm gets rattled if noones even in his face yet like he's got ADHD and mommy forgot to refill his ritillin perscription....chucks the ball and hope it doesn't go the other way and when it does he'll credit it to being a young qb when he's been in the league 4 seasons now, and he has the amazing ability to knock the ball outta his hand with his own knee but ofcourse thats average.....I know I heard there putting a new rating in Madden this year for that just for him it'll cover all the horrible intangibles that go with being a 4th season rookie, they'll call it the Deer In Headlights Rating......oh one more thing if he's a late bloomer taking that long for a QB to develop in the National Football League would be the life span equalivent of turning 22 before your balls drop.....

SeanTaylorRIP
08-06-2007, 08:14 AM
Ok im a turd, and Boller is a huge heaping pile of elephant nuggets that instead of playing it calm gets rattled if noones even in his face yet like he's got ADHD and mommy forgot to refill his perscription....chucks the ball and hope it doesn't go the other way and when it does he'll credit it to being a young qb when he's been in the league 4 seasons now, or he has the amazing ability to knock the ball outta his hand with his own knee but ofcourse thats average.....I know I heard there putting a new rating in Madden this year for that just for him it'll cover all the horrible intangibles that go with being a 5th season rookie, they'll call it the Deer In Headlights Rating......

ok, I'm sure I didn't understand a single line of that.

trkaline
08-06-2007, 08:33 AM
Ok really this is turning into a Giant Douche or Turd Sandwich debate...judging by the flow of this argument it seems that neither side can get leverage because both have many up's and downs. It's a damned if you do damned if you don't, if we were to start Boller and he had a good season everyone would be like "We should have started him last season," and if he did bad there would be and endless round of "I told you so's," McNair will start , and if he does good it will be credited to some bogus reason because the Boller faithful think Boller would have done better, if he has a bad season same "I told you so's," from the other side thats how this works...

SeanTaylorRIP
08-06-2007, 08:56 AM
Ok really this is turning into a Giant Douche or Turd Sandwich debate...judging by the flow of this argument it seems that neither side can get leverage because both have many up's and downs. It's a damned if you do damned if you don't, if we were to start Boller and he had a good season everyone would be like "We should have started him last season," and if he did bad there would be and endless round of "I told you so's," McNair will start , and if he does good it will be credited to some bogus reason because the Boller faithful think Boller would have done better, if he has a bad season same "I told you so's," from the other side thats how this works...

We should just let everyone be happy and start Troy Smith.

ccB
08-06-2007, 01:05 PM
You don't read and comprehend to well do you, I said "could be" meaning in the future.

And CCB you can say we myself and BD have a personal bias but so do you.

and also who the **** is ERIG?

I am not bias in the least bit. I am not a groupie of any player, unlike you guys and your Kyle Boller Fan Club. If Kyle had ever proved he could be anything in this league Id love to have him starting. But he has sucked, time and time again. McNair is not my favorite player in fact theres probably 10 qb's I'd rather have than McNair. But I feel more confident having him as our starter than Boller. Whenever Boller has started, we have been a losing team, McNair came in last year and took us from what a 6 win team to a 13 win team. You don't think he had a single thing to do with that spike in wins? You guys are really delusional. In my opinion you guys are just bashing because you have nothing better to bash about.

ccB
08-06-2007, 01:07 PM
We should just let everyone be happy and start Troy Smith.

Troy Smith = The Future of Ravens Football!

EdReedUnstoppable
08-06-2007, 06:22 PM
I am not bias in the least bit. I am not a groupie of any player, unlike you guys and your Kyle Boller Fan Club. If Kyle had ever proved he could be anything in this league Id love to have him starting. But he has sucked, time and time again. McNair is not my favorite player in fact theres probably 10 qb's I'd rather have than McNair. But I feel more confident having him as our starter than Boller. Whenever Boller has started, we have been a losing team, McNair came in last year and took us from what a 6 win team to a 13 win team. You don't think he had a single thing to do with that spike in wins? You guys are really delusional. In my opinion you guys are just bashing because you have nothing better to bash about.

Thats blatantly untrue......I could bash about how does a team lose AD and replace him with Jarret Johnson the biggest dropoff from player to player in franchise history! Or about how instead of getting the right RB for the job we took an overrated ass clown who runs his mouth and never backs it up on the field. Or about how Mike Flynn is gonna be the center again this year. Or about why Demetrius is still the 3rd WR when he has the best abilities and if given the chance could do big things. Or I could bash about not having any depth at Safety or DL. Its a virtual smorgasboard(spelling?) of things to bash the team about, but I choose the glaring obvious of McNair's pathetic arm and zero confidence being on the field instead of Kyle who goes down field finds our weapons and would move our offense better.

dcarey20
08-06-2007, 07:54 PM
Thats blatantly untrue......I could bash about how does a team lose AD and replace him with Jarret Johnson the biggest dropoff from player to player in franchise history!

And if the team had kept AD I would get to bash about how we had no cap room to sign Terrell Suggs, one of the premiere young defensive players in the NFL.

BigDawg819
08-06-2007, 11:58 PM
Troy Smith = The Future of Ravens Football!

Troy Smith is a garbage QB and if he's the future then its a future of continued losing. So much for your theory of not being on any one players bandwagon.

pysseddoph
08-07-2007, 12:11 AM
hello ... bills fan here.

id like to add something to your puzzle that i have seen many of you have over looked in your qb dissing. thats the play of your running back and how it relates to your qb.

ive read that your offense doesnt throw the ball down the field very much. well .... if willis is going to be your lead runningback you are going to have to. im not going to go with my opinion im going to ask you to use your own. many of you maybe didnt follow the bills the last couple of years because as a team we didnt make much noise. that is actually the part i want you to think about. willis played with 3 qb's his time in buffalo .. bledsoe, holcomb and losman. bledsoe and losman you can say had big arms and liked to throw the ball down field. holcomb was the very oppisite. no big arm and play the safe short passing game. the real point to this is other than willis in name .... what did he really do as a bill that would give anybody in baltimore the idea he is something more than what he was in buffalo. i mean really think about it. forget the hype around his name and just think ... what did he ever do as a bill.

now in fairness ill give my opinions. willis isnt that push the pile back. willis also is that back that is going to catch the edge and turn it up field for a big gain. there is also a reason willis was never ever mentioned for his accomplishments with all purpose yards. reason being because they didnt exist. willis was taken out of games in obvious passing situations by 2 1/2 different head coaches.i know willis has great measurables on paper BUT how many other atheletes also have great measurables but never amount to much. dont let john clayton fill your heads with things that do not exist. imo john clayton is still upset that buffalo fired his friend and media source to the bills tom donahoe , ex and still unemployed gm.

back to my point about your qb situation. with willis not being a threat to push a pile, break a tackle or catch a ball out of the backfield .... in obvious passing situations under holcomb, our oppponents just stacked the box and pretty much stuck a sam on willis to account for the unlikely. ive heard talk about how good a blocker willis is ... ummmm no im not about to place all this on willis's shoulder's BUT .... have any of you looked at the amount of times the bills qb's have been sacked during willis's time as a bill. again im not saying its his fault at all .... im saying this to again point to where did this wrong information come from. i understand pratice is practice, i also understand willis was at your ota's which is something he never showed up for in buffalo. there are also suggestions that one of the many reasons he was pulled out of obvious passing situations in games is because he didnt know all the plays and yes im talking about games in october, november as well as december. who knows. maybe he just wanted out of buffalo. i cant blame him. i finally escaped myself some years ago after moving back there from randalstown. but at the same time i wasnt getting paid millions to give half hearted effort either.

but in closing i will say this. there is a reason the bills were looking to get almost anything for him. there is also a reason baltimore wasnt the 1st team the bills approached. denver was also in that mix BUT they choose to go with travis henry instead of willis magahee. what does that really say about the man.

good luck with your team this year and i mean that. and to any hecklers that feel the need to try and belittle my attempt to share information by attacking th city i represent .... glass house ... you shouldnt throw stones. how did it feel to have the colts win the superbowl running the very same offense the bills ran when they were the AFC champs for 4 straight years. and for those that dont get it. the colts used to belong to baltimore.

good night and good luck.

ccB
08-07-2007, 12:17 AM
Troy Smith is a garbage QB and if he's the future then its a future of continued losing. So much for your theory of not being on any one players bandwagon.

Sarcasm there bud, I do not form infatuations over players the way you do. I have been one of the most unbiased poster's on this forum. I have never been a homer for any team or any individual.

BigDawg819
08-07-2007, 12:21 AM
Sarcasm there bud, I do not form infatuations over players the way you do. I have been one of the most unbiased poster's on this forum. I have never been a homer for any team or any individual. Further more, Eat a dick.

I thought that I was the only one to use that..............

Anyway, having a favorite player is expected from any and all fans so for you to act as though you don't have on is ridiculous. And in response to your so eloquent phrase, blow me.

One more thing, I suppose that the comment in your location field isn't an infatuation at all.......... :rolleyes:

ccB
08-07-2007, 12:30 AM
I thought that I was the only one to use that..............

Anyway, having a favorite player is expected from any and all fans so for you to act as though you don't have on is ridiculous. And in response to your so eloquent phrase, blow me.

One more thing, I suppose that the comment in your location field isn't an infatuation at all.......... :rolleyes:

I deleted the eat a dick comment before you replied because though its isnt censored I will try as hard as possible not to use it even on people, like yourself who I whole heartedly believe should infact, eat a dick.

I have favorite players, but I do not overrate a player because I like them. I stay realistic. For instance, I am a fan of Randy Couture as my location indicates but I do not feel he is better than say Emelianenko Fedor.

PS: You should pay royalty's to NJX for the total jackign of his style, the only thing is NJX is successful in owning people where as you have been getting owned in threads left and right.

BigDawg819
08-07-2007, 12:35 AM
I deleted the eat a dick comment before you replied because though its isnt censored I will try as hard as possible not to use it even on people, like yourself who I whole heartedly believe should infact, eat a dick.

I have favorite players, but I do not overrate a player because I like them. I stay realistic. For instance, I am a fan of Randy Couture as my location indicates but I do not feel he is better than say Emelianenko Fedor.

PS: You should pay royalty's to NJX for the total jackign of his style, the only thing is NJX is successful in owning people where as you have been getting owned in threads left and right.

I know, definitely hasn't been one of my better weeks or so lately. I must be in a slump or something. Guess I need to get more work in the cage, take some extra bp and watch more video.

ccB
08-07-2007, 12:38 AM
I know, definitely hasn't been one of my better weeks or so lately. I must be in a slump or something. Guess I need to get more work in the cage, take some extra bp and watch more video.

You definitely should double your reps at posting, id say by at least 3-4 posts a day. Practice makes perfect my son.

BigDawg819
08-07-2007, 12:41 AM
You definitely should double your reps at posting, id say by at least 3-4 posts a day. Practice makes perfect my son.

That's it I'm rededicating my efforts and going to give 110% max effort for now on. I won't let my fans down!

EdReedUnstoppable
08-07-2007, 03:38 AM
And if the team had kept AD I would get to bash about how we had no cap room to sign Terrell Suggs, one of the premiere young defensive players in the NFL.

Your boy Willis aint helpin the situation.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-07-2007, 05:54 AM
hello ... bills fan here.

id like to add something to your puzzle that i have seen many of you have over looked in your qb dissing. thats the play of your running back and how it relates to your qb.

ive read that your offense doesnt throw the ball down the field very much. well .... if willis is going to be your lead runningback you are going to have to. im not going to go with my opinion im going to ask you to use your own. many of you maybe didnt follow the bills the last couple of years because as a team we didnt make much noise. that is actually the part i want you to think about. willis played with 3 qb's his time in buffalo .. bledsoe, holcomb and losman. bledsoe and losman you can say had big arms and liked to throw the ball down field. holcomb was the very oppisite. no big arm and play the safe short passing game. the real point to this is other than willis in name .... what did he really do as a bill that would give anybody in baltimore the idea he is something more than what he was in buffalo. i mean really think about it. forget the hype around his name and just think ... what did he ever do as a bill.

now in fairness ill give my opinions. willis isnt that push the pile back. willis also is that back that is going to catch the edge and turn it up field for a big gain. there is also a reason willis was never ever mentioned for his accomplishments with all purpose yards. reason being because they didnt exist. willis was taken out of games in obvious passing situations by 2 1/2 different head coaches.i know willis has great measurables on paper BUT how many other atheletes also have great measurables but never amount to much. dont let john clayton fill your heads with things that do not exist. imo john clayton is still upset that buffalo fired his friend and media source to the bills tom donahoe , ex and still unemployed gm.

back to my point about your qb situation. with willis not being a threat to push a pile, break a tackle or catch a ball out of the backfield .... in obvious passing situations under holcomb, our oppponents just stacked the box and pretty much stuck a sam on willis to account for the unlikely. ive heard talk about how good a blocker willis is ... ummmm no im not about to place all this on willis's shoulder's BUT .... have any of you looked at the amount of times the bills qb's have been sacked during willis's time as a bill. again im not saying its his fault at all .... im saying this to again point to where did this wrong information come from. i understand pratice is practice, i also understand willis was at your ota's which is something he never showed up for in buffalo. there are also suggestions that one of the many reasons he was pulled out of obvious passing situations in games is because he didnt know all the plays and yes im talking about games in october, november as well as december. who knows. maybe he just wanted out of buffalo. i cant blame him. i finally escaped myself some years ago after moving back there from randalstown. but at the same time i wasnt getting paid millions to give half hearted effort either.

but in closing i will say this. there is a reason the bills were looking to get almost anything for him. there is also a reason baltimore wasnt the 1st team the bills approached. denver was also in that mix BUT they choose to go with travis henry instead of willis magahee. what does that really say about the man.

good luck with your team this year and i mean that. and to any hecklers that feel the need to try and belittle my attempt to share information by attacking th city i represent .... glass house ... you shouldnt throw stones. how did it feel to have the colts win the superbowl running the very same offense the bills ran when they were the AFC champs for 4 straight years. and for those that dont get it. the colts used to belong to baltimore.

good night and good luck.

Smart move by the Broncos.

Did you really just come into a Baltimore area of the forum and think we don't know about the Colts being here and being stolen from us?

pysseddoph
08-07-2007, 08:04 AM
Did you really just come into a Baltimore area of the forum and think we don't know about the Colts being here and being stolen from us?

ive read alot of what you have had to say and trust me when i say i know your reading comprehension is alot better than that. that comment was for anyone that felt that their only rebuttle was to attack the city itself as well as its history. that is all that that was about. i thought i made that very clear for the overly intellegent ( and no spelling inst my strong suit either ), if i wasnt clear then i apologize.

if i wanted to bash then i would have made it much more obvious than that and with things that were more relevent to the times. it isnt about that. this thread seemed to be a discussion about football, not a thread about who's father could kick who's fathers butt. IF that is all that you got from what i said then maybe i was mistaken. i actually thought you would be one of the ones that understand the meaning.

but like i said ... maybe i was wrong and again i apologize for thinking you were something if you were not.

BigDawg819
08-07-2007, 12:43 PM
ive read alot of what you have had to say and trust me when i say i know your reading comprehension is alot better than that. that comment was for anyone that felt that their only rebuttle was to attack the city itself as well as its history. that is all that that was about. i thought i made that very clear for the overly intellegent ( and no spelling inst my strong suit either ), if i wasnt clear then i apologize.

if i wanted to bash then i would have made it much more obvious than that and with things that were more relevent to the times. it isnt about that. this thread seemed to be a discussion about football, not a thread about who's father could kick who's fathers butt. IF that is all that you got from what i said then maybe i was mistaken. i actually thought you would be one of the ones that understand the meaning.

but like i said ... maybe i was wrong and again i apologize for thinking you were something if you were not.

No your rant was basically a backhand slap to Willis being responsible for most of the turmoil in Buffalo, a slap at Baltimore for acquiring him, an attempt at giving the Bills some credit for the Colts winning the Super Bowl (news flash the Colts didn't run the K-Gun offense, and thats the reason why the Bills went to 4 straight Super Bowls), and finally using a very tiresome insult by throwing out the Colts leaving Baltimore. Then you have the audacity to try and excuse it all by clouding it with "its just my opinion" crap, well your opinion is just homerism for the Bills and bashing the Ravens' in our own thread solidifies your clown status. Good day sir.

ccB
08-07-2007, 12:45 PM
No your rant was basically a backhand slap to Willis being responsible for most of the turmoil in Buffalo, a slap at Baltimore for acquiring him, an attempt at giving the Bills some credit for the Colts winning the Super Bowl (news flash the Colts didn't run the K-Gun offense, and thats the reason why the Bills went to 4 straight Super Bowls), and finally using a very tiresome insult by throwing out the Colts leaving Baltimore. Then you have the audacity to try and excuse it all by clouding it with "its just my opinion" crap, well your opinion is just homerism for the Bills and bashing the Ravens' in our own thread solidifies your clown status. Good day sir.

Is that what his post said? I didnt bother to read it.

BigDawg819
08-07-2007, 12:49 PM
Is that what his post said? I didnt bother to read it.

Thats all I got out of it, blaming Willis for Buffalo sucking, calling the Ravens stupid for signing him, then throwing in the Colts left Baltimore. The worst thing was saying the Colts ran the old Bills offense to win the Super Bowl. Funny I didn't see the K-Gun in action last year?

ccB
08-07-2007, 12:53 PM
Whats with Bills fans all of a sudden being so critical of the Ravens. They come out of nowhere.

BigDawg819
08-07-2007, 12:57 PM
Whats with Bills fans all of a sudden being so critical of the Ravens. They come out of nowhere.

Apparently the Ravens signing McGahee has opened up a whole new market to Raven haters. If nothing else you would think that they would be grateful to get rid of the guy, but apparently he really developed a hatred up there.

trkaline
08-07-2007, 01:01 PM
Apparently the Ravens signing McGahee has opened up a whole new market to Raven haters. If nothing else you would think that they would be grateful to get rid of the guy, but apparently he really developed a hatred up there.

It's sad they would reduce themselves to this it's like hurling insults at a guy whose walkin away and already halfway up the block....

BigDawg819
08-07-2007, 01:03 PM
It's sad they would reduce themselves to this it's like hurling insults at a guy whose walkin away and already halfway up the block....

I guess they spent so much time building up the hatred that now they just spew it at us since he's no longer with them.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-07-2007, 02:36 PM
You know what the Bills fans are turning mne into slowly...........a Willis fan Im startin to wanna see Willis breakout and play big just to throw it in their faces much like when Kyle leaves us and goes somewhere else and dominates.

trkaline
08-07-2007, 04:39 PM
You know what the Bills fans are turning mne into slowly...........a Willis fan Im startin to wanna see Willis breakout and play big just to throw it in their faces much like when Kyle leaves us and goes somewhere else and dominates.

Yea thats usually how it works...just watch Jamal on the Browns this year....

pysseddoph
08-07-2007, 04:53 PM

i had a real nice rebuttle for you and yours BUT ... you know what. your right and obviously either im not as smart as i thought i was or the oppisite is true. either way it is a moot argument and just the argument i didnt want to get into. im not going to try and demean anyone here even though i could for the pure stupidity that this thread has gone in. AGAIN i say ... i at no point in time meant this to be any sort of smack talking. if what you saw was me bashing willis then you need to go .... you know what ... its not worth it. i thought i would share some information for people to look at and digest with their own minds but it seems like all i have done is get the very narrow minded people that i tried to not get envolved in this. is it so impossible that someone from another city representing another team might actually be trying to share some valid information that goes beyond the hype ... maybe i ask too much.

im out ....

i again would like to apologize to ERU for having his thread hijacked. good luck with your team and i guess ill be back when it is time to talk some smack. and rest assured i will be back .... regardless of how either of our teams are doing.

trkaline
08-07-2007, 04:58 PM
i had a real nice rebuttle for you and yours BUT ... you know what. your right and obviously either im not as smart as i thought i was or the oppisite is true. either way it is a moot argument and just the argument i didnt want to get into. im not going to try and demean anyone here even though i could for the pure stupidity that this thread has gone in. AGAIN i say ... i at no point in time meant this to be any sort of smack talking. if what you saw was me bashing willis then you need to go .... you know what ... its not worth it. i thought i would share some information for people to look at and digest with their own minds but it seems like all i have done is get the very narrow minded people that i tried to not get envolved in this. is it so impossible that someone from another city representing another team might actually be trying to share some valid information that goes beyond the hype ... maybe i ask too much.

im out ....

i again would like to apologize to ERU for having his thread hijacked. good luck with your team and i guess ill be back when it is time to talk some smack. and rest assured i will be back .... regardless of how either of our teams are doing.

You can't talk smack your a Bills fan so F U and the Buffalo you rode in on buddy....

BigDawg819
08-07-2007, 05:09 PM

im out ....

I get it, Thurman Thomas goes into the Hall and now Bills fans are getting cocky.

I love how your trying to take the high road in this but your failing because even when you try to back out of a debate that your losing your still trying to bash us Raven fans in the process. Kudos for successfully trolling our thread.

niel89
08-08-2007, 04:04 AM
...calling him good is like calling Clarence Moore a beast, it's a joke.

:confused: but he is a beast, i mean 6'6". come on.

Ravens1991
08-11-2007, 11:45 AM
I didnt get to see it but I heard Gaither looked beastly, my cousin watched it and said that basically the 2nd team line was blocking for Willis against the 1st team so I am not nervous yet about Willis.