PDA

View Full Version : **OFFICIAL HALL of FAME GAME THREAD**

S4L
08-04-2007, 09:02 PM
We should probably have a thread for every game this season, just to keep the game discussion in a formal area.

I'm excited to see how the first team outside linebackers do. We all know a lot of this season rides on if the young pass rushers can step up and replace JP.

**STEELERS LINEUP NEWS**

RB Willie Parker, OL Darnell Stapleton, and LB Lawrence Timmons won't be playing tonight.

LB James Harrison is doubtful.

RB Najeh Davenport will start for the injured Willie Parker.

S Ryan Clark, CB Deshea Townsend, and C Chukky Okobi (center) will start in the place of S Anthony Smith, CB Bryant McFadden, and C Sean Mahan.

QB Rotation: Roethlisberger, Batch, St. Pierre, Randall

Source: http://www.pittsburghsportsinsider.com/?p=1190#more-1190

Smooth Criminal
08-04-2007, 09:10 PM
I cannot wait for this game. I wanna see Sepulveda make a tackle so bad. I can't wait to see Woodley starting. I wanna see Miller, Spaeth, and Dekker in a 3TE set. I wanna see Ben run the no huddle offense. I wanna see Reid return one for a touchdown. I can't wait to see Baker, Fowler, Russell, and Davis all get into an actual game.

Most of all I wanna see Tomlin on the sidelines.

mikehop05
08-04-2007, 10:51 PM
i wish i could see this damn game!

Mr. Stiller
08-04-2007, 11:21 PM
i wish i could see this damn game!

If you need help I'll make sure you see the game one way or another.

steelernation77
08-05-2007, 01:26 AM

I would also like help in that area.

Mr. Stiller
08-05-2007, 01:39 AM
I would also like help in that area.

will do :)

mikehop05
08-05-2007, 10:30 AM

hell yes

please.

DeathbyStat
08-05-2007, 11:23 AM
The weather forecast is bad thunderstorms and rain...i hope it blows over

steelernation77
08-05-2007, 12:07 PM
will do :)

Thanks, the pizza place I deliver for is making me close tonight...ugh. My boss is a Steeler fan too! My dad said he'd order a pizza when he's watching it over at my neighbor's house (who's from Pittsburgh) so I could watch a few minutes.

Mr. Stiller
08-05-2007, 06:12 PM
McCallister is out.. I don't like that as a pre-season game. I want to see the guys tackle him.

I got good feelings.. I think we're going to have a bunch of mistakes.. I'm looking for sole potential.

#81 and #82 are looking good in warmups :)

brat316
08-05-2007, 07:05 PM
yo i hate the nfl, atleast they are not putting games on NFL network, damn u comcast, i dont want digital cable but i need it in order to have NFL network.

Anyone know how to watch nfl network online

GB12
08-05-2007, 07:10 PM
yo i hate the nfl, atleast they are not putting games on NFL network, damn u comcast, i dont want digital cable but i need it in order to have NFL network.

Anyone know how to watch nfl network online
Hey you're lucky, I can't get at all. There is no possible way to get it with Time Warner.

steelernation77
08-05-2007, 10:45 PM
Hey you're lucky, I can't get at all. There is no possible way to get it with Time Warner.

same with mediacom

Mr. Stiller
08-05-2007, 11:25 PM
Amazing game (Sorry to rub it in)..

I'll find you a copy somewhere, and I'll put a full-write up the next day or so.

Man_Of_Steel
08-05-2007, 11:35 PM
Awesome game, Steelers played flawlessly aside from Reed missing a FG attempt. Standouts to me were,

Big Ben
Ced Will
Holmes
Davis
Russell
Woodley

Here are the stats,
http://news.steelers.com/article/79448/

brat316
08-06-2007, 12:29 AM
Barr did have a decent 50 yrd punt. unfortunetly he has no real chance of getting on the field unless Sep gets hurt, or Barr just out preforms him in every Pre Game

Mr. Stiller
08-06-2007, 12:36 AM
Barr did have a decent 50 yrd punt. unfortunetly he has no real chance of getting on the field unless Sep gets hurt, or Barr just out preforms him in every Pre Game

Barrs only chance is if Sep gets injured.

Smooth Criminal
08-06-2007, 09:18 AM
I wanted to see more out of both Baker and Fowler. Hopefully they can get more action in the other games.

DeathbyStat
08-06-2007, 11:46 AM
Carey Davis and Gary Russell...I really like these guys.

Ced is stepping up because he knows Santonio is gunning for his job.

Good play by Woodley

Man_Of_Steel
08-06-2007, 11:54 AM
Najeh played horrible, I want to run him out of Pittsburgh myself.

Smooth Criminal
08-06-2007, 11:54 AM
Only thing that I'm not liking out of Davis is that when you take his one long run away from him he had 6 runs for 12 yards. I'd like to see more consistency out of him. Russell had a 5.1 YPC without any huge run distorting that number.

Smooth Criminal
08-06-2007, 11:56 AM
Najeh didn't look that bad. His TD run was pretty impressive but other than that it was very average.

Mr. Stiller
08-06-2007, 01:35 PM
I think my favorite player for upside would be #05 Randall. That kid showed an effortless pass 50-60 yards.. it was near on target, though very catchable if Fowler doesn't fall down.

The other one he was just too powerful a throw behind the WR.

If he got nearly as many throwing Snaps as Frenchy.. I think he'd be the #3.

Smooth Criminal
08-06-2007, 01:36 PM
I don't think Randall will even be given a fair shot to make the team. He doesn't get any where near the opporunity as Brian St. Pierre.

Mr. Stiller
08-06-2007, 01:47 PM
I don't think Randall will even be given a fair shot to make the team. He doesn't get any where near the opporunity as Brian St. Pierre.

True.. I think Randall could have lit it up.

The difference between Frenchie and Randall? Randall has PS eligibility left while Frenchie is out of PS time.

Mr. Stiller
08-06-2007, 01:51 PM
Everyone get a PM?

Smooth Criminal
08-06-2007, 02:01 PM
Yeah I got the pm and no. It won't even let me open the link.

NFLBOY
08-06-2007, 02:05 PM
Wasn't impressed with Davenport at all. Washington should have caught a few more balls and Wilson looked pretty darn good. I'm not totally won over on Tomlin yet, but I do like what I see from him. I wasn't big on the signing of him, but like I said, I will wait and see what he brings to the table. So far so good. Ben looked very good and Batch loks like a solid backup again. I do like the way Davis ran the ball, very impressive. Defense looked pretty solid also. I have to say that the Steelers looked better than I thought they would.Of course it is early and only pre-season, but it does make me excited to see what we might have on the field this year. We still have alot of talent on the team, hopefully it was just a season of distractions last year, with the Ben episodes and also not knowing what Cowher was going to do. Maybe we will get back to the form we are use to seeing, and won't miss a beat with a new direction in coaching change. I also like what I saw out of Arians O.

skarocksoi
08-06-2007, 02:35 PM
Only thing that I'm not liking out of Davis is that when you take his one long run away from him he had 6 runs for 12 yards. I'd like to see more consistency out of him. Russell had a 5.1 YPC without any huge run distorting that number.

I agree with that. That run should really be attributed to the block by Simmons. However, what impressed me was that right after the run he was right back in the huddle and took another carry. Thats pretty good for a big guy who had a big run. A guy like that would normally be sucking oxygen pretty hard after something like that.

mikehop05
08-06-2007, 02:51 PM
I agree with that. That run should really be attributed to the block by Simmons. However, what impressed me was that right after the run he was right back in the huddle and took another carry. Thats pretty good for a big guy who had a big run. A guy like that would normally be sucking oxygen pretty hard after something like that.

ala the bus

skarocksoi
08-06-2007, 03:05 PM
Exactly. He could definitely be the short yardage guy we all wanted to have this season.

On another note, does anyone know where I can get some good pictures from the game, specifically guys like Woodley or some other rookies? I'd like to make myself a new wallpaper for the new season.

SteelCityNightmare
08-06-2007, 03:30 PM
could i get a link?

mikehop05
08-06-2007, 05:03 PM
Exactly. He could definitely be the short yardage guy we all wanted to have this season.

On another note, does anyone know where I can get some good pictures from the game, specifically guys like Woodley or some other rookies? I'd like to make myself a new wallpaper for the new season.

couplea pics on steelers.com