PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Revision Thread

Fitzgerald11
08-04-2007, 10:05 PM
Post what you don't like about the NFL Draft that needs to be changed. For example, when should players be elligible? Also, the time limit to select a player.

ncstateviking
08-04-2007, 10:11 PM
the time limit needs to be changed to 10 minutes without a doubt. then in a few years we could consider lowering it again. 15 minutes in the first rnd is absurd.

i think players should be allowed to enter after their sophmore year. i actually think they should be allowed to enter after their freshman year, but baby steps, baby steps.

i would also like to see some kind of slotting system as far as contracts go as well to reduce the number of holdouts.

bearsfan_51
08-04-2007, 10:17 PM
I wouldn't change anything about the draft, I would, however, require that there be a camera for every potential draft pick. I really wanted to see Aaron Brandt's reaction when he got drafted in the 7th round.

Man_Of_Steel
08-04-2007, 10:20 PM
Shortin the first round time limit to 10 minutes.

PACKmanN
08-04-2007, 10:25 PM
making TSN have the nfl draft longer then one hour.

BigDawg819
08-04-2007, 10:31 PM
I think the NFL Draft is fine how it is. Yeah the first round may take some time but if it didn't then some trades wouldn't happen and that will ultimately hurt the teams.

Paul
08-04-2007, 10:33 PM
Not allow Chris Berman on the premises.

HoopsDemon12
08-04-2007, 10:44 PM
Not allow Chris Berman on the premises.

hold on what.... k your a lunatic!

Paul
08-04-2007, 10:48 PM
hold on what.... k your a lunatic!

Can't stand his stupid little puns, and it seems he got over his problem with spoiling picks in the draft, but I still would much rather see another person anchor the draft broadcast.

BigDawg819
08-04-2007, 10:54 PM
Can't stand his stupid little puns, and it seems he got over his problem with spoiling picks in the draft, but I still would much rather see another person anchor the draft broadcast.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Scott Van Pelt anchor it.

HoopsDemon12
08-04-2007, 10:56 PM

man i love his puns... there cheesy and make me laugh most of the time.. he is entertaining... i loved him after gaems on sundays night more though... god i miss that show

WMD
08-04-2007, 10:58 PM
-Actually show the draft pick announcements after the First Round..
-More analysis on Post 1st Round picks
-10 Minutes between Round 1 picks

Vikes99ej
08-04-2007, 11:12 PM
The only thing I hate about the draft is waiting for it to come.

doingthisinsteadofwork
08-04-2007, 11:21 PM
I like it.THe only thing Id do is fire Todd McShay.
I also like to make sure they say the name before the position.

stl9erfan
08-04-2007, 11:30 PM
1) Regulate rookie salaries to a system closer to the NBA's, such that a player like LaRon Landry doesn't instantly become the highest paid safety in the league without ever playing a down.

a) This would really make high picks an advantage, and would actually help those teams that need help the most by virtue of their horrible play the year before.

b) It would also promote more trading of high picks because the financial ramifications wouldn't be as drastic. More trades means more excitement for the fans.

2) Shorten the time allotted to make picks to 10 minutes for the first 2 rounds, 5 minutes for rounds 3-4, and 2:30 for rounds 5-7. ESPN should then be able to devote more time to the actual analysis of picks as they come in, then have an hour or hour and a half after the draft ends to wrap up things on the whole (winners & losers, etc.).

3) Invite more guys to the draft. Sure, it's tough for them to sit there waiting, but it's entertaining for us at home.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
08-04-2007, 11:52 PM

Hell yeah. Luckily I had NFLN this year.

BigDawg819
08-04-2007, 11:56 PM
Hell yeah. Luckily I had NFLN this year.

How was their coverage?

JT Jag
08-04-2007, 11:57 PM
Abolish the draft. Create a rock-solid rookie cap and let teams pick up draftees whatever way they want. If the Redskins want to blow their entire allotment of cap to pick up Calvin Johnson, let them. Alternatively, if the Titans want to pick up 20 would-be 3rd-7th round picks because their depth is wretched, allow that too.

It'd be a lot more exciting, because everyone would be waiting to see how the "College Free Agent Season" pans out for their team. Would their team get that hot in-state player they like, or would someone outbid them?

Of course, since that will NEVER happen, I'd also like something slightly more realistic to occur: NBA draftee salary slotting.

Crazy_Chris
08-05-2007, 12:55 AM
I like it.THe only thing Id do is fire Todd McShay.

I completely agree McShay is full of ****. I was getting pissed this year because every time i thought i was gonna hear kipers thoughts on something they sent it to that idiot McShay... Well atleast they didn't try to have McShay Anchor the draft

BuckNaked
08-05-2007, 01:02 AM
Well atleast they didn't try to have McShay Anchor the draft

Don't give them any ideas.

Crazy_Chris
08-05-2007, 01:15 AM
Don't give them any ideas.

I would Be sick to my stomach if they did that this year.

Paranoidmoonduck
08-05-2007, 03:19 AM
I wouldn't change anything about the draft, I would, however, require that there be a camera for every potential draft pick. I really wanted to see Aaron Brandt's reaction when he got drafted in the 7th round.

I absolutely agree with this.

Also, less time between rounds. Sure, the broadcasters get annoying, but so would anyone if they had to sit around for that long while trying to be interesting. Simply shortening the time one has to sit and watch would go a long long way.

PACKmanN
08-05-2007, 06:22 AM
I absolutely agree with this.

Also, less time between rounds. Sure, the broadcasters get annoying, but so would anyone if they had to sit around for that long while trying to be interesting. Simply shortening the time one has to sit and watch would go a long long way.

This wasn't A problem in the 06 draft, I don't know why it got longer in 07.

WMD
08-05-2007, 06:54 AM
It got longer because more teams used more of their 15 Minutes..

neko4
08-05-2007, 08:26 AM
Shorten to 10 mins
Regulate rookie salary
An 8th round, only so i could make longer mock drafts!

ks_perfection
08-05-2007, 11:56 AM
I think the NFL Draft is fine how it is. Yeah the first round may take some time but if it didn't then some trades wouldn't happen and that will ultimately hurt the teams.

All the trades would still happen with 10 minutes. Trades happen all the time in the later rounds with alot less time. IF 10 minutes isn't enough time to negotiate than they'd have to start before its there pick.

Fitzgerald11
08-05-2007, 04:14 PM
I think two things need to be changed. First, the first round needs to be shortened to 5 minutes per pick. Second, a player should be elligible after: a.) He turns 21 during the calendar year of the draft, or b.) He has been out of high school for three years. I feel that Adrian Peterson and Calvin Johnson should have been allowed to enter last years draft.

etk
08-05-2007, 04:42 PM
As far as coverage goes, they have to do a better job of displaying and announcing picks and trades after the first round. Nothing more frustrating than waiting weeks in anticipation for the draft only to find that the networks would rather interview newly drafted players about nothing instead of announcing the actual picks. The entire first day was wasted with discussion over how great the Browns will be because they got two "studs" in one round.

As far as the NFL is concerned, they need to shorten the first round by at least 3 minutes. Give us something! They need to regulate rookie contracts much more actively and strictly. They need to be much more creative in their draft invites. Many knew that Quinn and Rodgers would have freefalls, so stop inviting 2 QBs every year and bring in another defender. I think players should be 4 years removed from HS because it is such a physically demanding sport and players should graduate and stay in college, but that's an unlikely request.

Lastly, the NFL should ban Jon Gruden from involving himself in the draft process. Do us all a favor as Bucs fans, please??

Canadian_kid16
08-05-2007, 05:13 PM

I remember one year it was three hours, because the NHL lockout as in affect...please have more NFL draft coverage TSN!

etk
08-05-2007, 05:14 PM
I remember one year it was three hours, because the NHL lockout as in affect...please have more NFL draft coverage TSN!

Get NFLN, it's worth it.